NATION

PASSWORD

Mana Academy (IC) (Open, Fantasy)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Mon Oct 17, 2016 8:39 am

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Rabbit let Hikari go her own way, and then he stood in the empty hallway. Almost everyone was off doing something on their own. He suddenly felt the emptiness, the lifelessness, overtake him for just a moment. Yet after a few seconds, he realized he could not let it control him, and he shook it off. He had things he had to accomplish-the emptiness could wait for nighttime, perhaps. Maybe not even then. He had to keep himself as busy as possible, to keep that black night at bay. Remembering the vial in his robes, he headed through the hotel and eventually found Henry's room. Knocking on the door, he spoke to the person within, "Henry. I found the poison, and I have it." He spoke very quietly, hoping nobody else would hear him.

Henry Von Kressel

When Henry opened it, he was already without the black scaled armor, adopting his usual looks to rest from the fight, except that he was shirtless and small bandages could be seen where the bullets hit, contrasting with the big scar on his chest and the smaller ones at his arms and shoulder.

"Please Rabbit, do enter."

Soon as the Professor entered in his room, he took the small vial from the hand of the masked teacher, placing it on a nearby table and opening it. He observed the translucid liquid without any smell, and tried to remember his lessons in Alchemy.

From the wardrobe, four groups of documents appeared. Selecting two of them, Henry started his investigative work looking at the photos of the poisoned opponents. Sitting down in a nearby chair for a few minutes, he eventually got up from it, sharing his conclusions with Rabbit.

"Drowned Man in doses that aren't lethal. The name is suggestive and you might've heard it before. It causes asphyxia from inside the body, altering or even blocking the transport of oxygen through the body, be it by the organs, the blood, or both. This one was done to work until the body faints, then he effect wears off in enough time to make the person live."

Taking part of the photos that were with the documents, Henry showed them to Rabbit as someone that tried to prove his theory.

"See? This is one when the person faints. You can see that the weapon was already on the ground, both of his hands extended. It wasn't Anatoly he was trying to reach. It was air he was trying to reach. The second one, here. You can see that she have her eyes completely on Anatoly in the first photos. In the last one, however, her eyes are wandering the arena. It's... Desperation, I'd say."

Taking a deep breath, Henry finally concluded his line of logic.

"He won't use it on me. He's too prideful to know that someone could find out and discredit his victory. But I can't say the same about the other students."

"Which is why I have taken the liberty of reporting him to Madame Bourbon. I would also presume that the International Council may catch wind of this somehow. If so, they will certainly not be pleased to hear that one of the tournament's participants has been allowed to cheat. But thank you, Henry, for informing me of this. Now we can make sure he does not use his foolish tactics to try and move further in the tournament," Rabbit answered, as he stood next to Henry and listened to him. "Keep these pictures somewhere safe. I may need to borrow them, if we are forced to confront Anatoly at any point." Noticing, of course, the scars that lined Henry's body, and the bullet marks, he was then concerned for him. "...Henry, have these scars been looked at since the fight with Lynefleur?" he inquired.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:09 am

Luminesa wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Henry Von Kressel

When Henry opened it, he was already without the black scaled armor, adopting his usual looks to rest from the fight, except that he was shirtless and small bandages could be seen where the bullets hit, contrasting with the big scar on his chest and the smaller ones at his arms and shoulder.

"Please Rabbit, do enter."

Soon as the Professor entered in his room, he took the small vial from the hand of the masked teacher, placing it on a nearby table and opening it. He observed the translucid liquid without any smell, and tried to remember his lessons in Alchemy.

From the wardrobe, four groups of documents appeared. Selecting two of them, Henry started his investigative work looking at the photos of the poisoned opponents. Sitting down in a nearby chair for a few minutes, he eventually got up from it, sharing his conclusions with Rabbit.

"Drowned Man in doses that aren't lethal. The name is suggestive and you might've heard it before. It causes asphyxia from inside the body, altering or even blocking the transport of oxygen through the body, be it by the organs, the blood, or both. This one was done to work until the body faints, then he effect wears off in enough time to make the person live."

Taking part of the photos that were with the documents, Henry showed them to Rabbit as someone that tried to prove his theory.

"See? This is one when the person faints. You can see that the weapon was already on the ground, both of his hands extended. It wasn't Anatoly he was trying to reach. It was air he was trying to reach. The second one, here. You can see that she have her eyes completely on Anatoly in the first photos. In the last one, however, her eyes are wandering the arena. It's... Desperation, I'd say."

Taking a deep breath, Henry finally concluded his line of logic.

"He won't use it on me. He's too prideful to know that someone could find out and discredit his victory. But I can't say the same about the other students."

"Which is why I have taken the liberty of reporting him to Madame Bourbon. I would also presume that the International Council may catch wind of this somehow. If so, they will certainly not be pleased to hear that one of the tournament's participants has been allowed to cheat. But thank you, Henry, for informing me of this. Now we can make sure he does not use his foolish tactics to try and move further in the tournament," Rabbit answered, as he stood next to Henry and listened to him. "Keep these pictures somewhere safe. I may need to borrow them, if we are forced to confront Anatoly at any point." Noticing, of course, the scars that lined Henry's body, and the bullet marks, he was then concerned for him. "...Henry, have these scars been looked at since the fight with Lynefleur?" he inquired.

Henry Von Kressel

"The Council won't do much, I'm afraid. Influence and what they would classify as an 'unimportant matter'. And my aunt has copies of these, and I'll have pity on anyone who might have the foolish idea of trying to threaten her."

As he moved the documents back to the wardrobe, Rabbit's question about his scars came. He never stopped to look at them calmly, but he surely remembered when they were made. A few from the fight with Signas, another few from the fight with Virgo and Lynefleur. It also brought Ambrosia to his mind, the girl he promised that he would help, and he felt partially guilty about her disappearance.

Calmly sitting down, his face seemed thoughtful, until he let out a small smile. That was the difference that Rabbit had from his own family. He wasn't worried about the glory. He wasn't worried if Henry lead the charge or supported from behind: His concern was on the human Henry, not the Vin Kressel to be proven.

"A few of them, yes. Some of them are older. The bigger one in the chest came from the fight against Signas. Parts of an ice disk. Smaller ones in the arms as well, fragments that cut in the explosion. A few of them are from Lynefleur, but I can't remember how, exactly. The infirmary took care of a few of them, but their origin is magical, so it's somewhat harder to simply... Disappear. So it stuck with me. The bullet marks? Just the impact, nothing to be worried about I guess. But... Thanks for the concern, Rabbit."

His voice had a tone of calm, and reflected about the events. Looking back, he was a different Henry then. But out of a sudden, he looked to the city through the window, and stated a somewhat strange question.

"I've... Promised to help Ambrosia at that day, you know. I don't know why, I think it was something in her eyes that showed she was scared, and didn't want to be anymore. So she thought about... Going to the other side. Everyone scared her, so scaring must be something good. And she ran for it, but I don't think she ever realized how bigger the question was. Then, she became a vampire, linked to Catherine, and now she's missing... Am I partially guilt for not fulfilling what I've promised, Rabbit? Am I wrong when I think that Ambrosia simply didn't want to suffer anymore? Am I wrong when I think that I was incapable of simply... Protecting her? Helping her? How people see me as a leader when I can't even protect one single person?"

And for the time in two years, his voice shook. The calm, controlled and sometimes strong voice, shook with sadness inside the shell that his parents worked so hard to construct. Despite their best wishes for Henry to be a noble with an iron fist, he became a human.
Nothing to see here, move along.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:24 am

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Luminesa wrote:"Which is why I have taken the liberty of reporting him to Madame Bourbon. I would also presume that the International Council may catch wind of this somehow. If so, they will certainly not be pleased to hear that one of the tournament's participants has been allowed to cheat. But thank you, Henry, for informing me of this. Now we can make sure he does not use his foolish tactics to try and move further in the tournament," Rabbit answered, as he stood next to Henry and listened to him. "Keep these pictures somewhere safe. I may need to borrow them, if we are forced to confront Anatoly at any point." Noticing, of course, the scars that lined Henry's body, and the bullet marks, he was then concerned for him. "...Henry, have these scars been looked at since the fight with Lynefleur?" he inquired.

Henry Von Kressel

"The Council won't do much, I'm afraid. Influence and what they would classify as an 'unimportant matter'. And my aunt has copies of these, and I'll have pity on anyone who might have the foolish idea of trying to threaten her."

As he moved the documents back to the wardrobe, Rabbit's question about his scars came. He never stopped to look at them calmly, but he surely remembered when they were made. A few from the fight with Signas, another few from the fight with Virgo and Lynefleur. It also brought Ambrosia to his mind, the girl he promised that he would help, and he felt partially guilty about her disappearance.

Calmly sitting down, his face seemed thoughtful, until he let out a small smile. That was the difference that Rabbit had from his own family. He wasn't worried about the glory. He wasn't worried if Henry lead the charge or supported from behind: His concern was on the human Henry, not the Vin Kressel to be proven.

"A few of them, yes. Some of them are older. The bigger one in the chest came from the fight against Signas. Parts of an ice disk. Smaller ones in the arms as well, fragments that cut in the explosion. A few of them are from Lynefleur, but I can't remember how, exactly. The infirmary took care of a few of them, but their origin is magical, so it's somewhat harder to simply... Disappear. So it stuck with me. The bullet marks? Just the impact, nothing to be worried about I guess. But... Thanks for the concern, Rabbit."

His voice had a tone of calm, and reflected about the events. Looking back, he was a different Henry then. But out of a sudden, he looked to the city through the window, and stated a somewhat strange question.

"I've... Promised to help Ambrosia at that day, you know. I don't know why, I think it was something in her eyes that showed she was scared, and didn't want to be anymore. So she thought about... Going to the other side. Everyone scared her, so scaring must be something good. And she ran for it, but I don't think she ever realized how bigger the question was. Then, she became a vampire, linked to Catherine, and now she's missing... Am I partially guilt for not fulfilling what I've promised, Rabbit? Am I wrong when I think that Ambrosia simply didn't want to suffer anymore? Am I wrong when I think that I was incapable of simply... Protecting her? Helping her? How people see me as a leader when I can't even protect one single person?"

And for the time in two years, his voice shook. The calm, controlled and sometimes strong voice, shook with sadness inside the shell that his parents worked so hard to construct. Despite their best wishes for Henry to be a noble with an iron fist, he became a human.

Rabbit listened to him, and he heard his voice shake. Henry had been strong for so long, he had forgotten how to handle his doubts. How to handle fear. He had internalized it all, and now something was shattering inside. Rabbit looked at him, and spoke in a gentle whisper.

"...She did want to end her suffering...That was a certainty. A young girl who merely thought she would be able to find herself, by joining this wicked force more powerful than herself. She was not prepared for the consequences, and she was absolutely horrified. She felt alone. Her lover was dead, she had fallen for one of ours, and her only friend was also dead. Lynefleur was also planning to kill her...She wanted to get away...as does anyone who is overwhelmed by their suffering...So you are not wrong there...however..."

He then looked out at the city, as he continued, thinking. "...You are stronger than you give yourself credit for...all of your wounds, all of the pain you have borne alone for so long...not many are capable of that, at your age...Your natural courage is what has brought you this far...and it is what will bring you through this..."

Rabbit then turned back to Henry, and put a hand on his shoulder. "You still have plenty of work left to do...Ambrosia is still alive. Her mana is still active, and it is active somewhere in this city. I felt it as I was out with Hikari a few minutes ago...We will continue investigating, and I promise you, you will be able to fulfill your promise to her...just as you were fulfilling it by being there for her that day...A light in the darkness...that is your calling, Henry..."
Last edited by Luminesa on Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Mon Oct 17, 2016 9:53 am

Luminesa wrote:
Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Henry Von Kressel

Rabbit listened to him, and he heard his voice shake. Henry had been strong for so long, he had forgotten how to handle his doubts. How to handle fear. He had internalized it all, and now something was shattering inside. Rabbit looked at him, and spoke in a gentle whisper.

"...She did want to end her suffering...That was a certainty. A young girl who merely thought she would be able to find herself, by joining this wicked force more powerful than herself. She was not prepared for the consequences, and she was absolutely horrified. She felt alone. Her lover was dead, she had fallen for one of ours, and her only friend was also dead. Lynefleur was also planning to kill her...She wanted to get away...as does anyone who is overwhelmed by their suffering...So you are not wrong there...however..."

He then looked out at the city, as he continued, thinking. "...You are stronger than you give yourself credit for...all of your wounds, all of the pain you have borne alone for so long...not many are capable of that, at your age...Your natural courage is what has brought you this far...and it is what will bring you through this..."

Rabbit then turned back to Henry, and put a hand on his shoulder. "You still have plenty of work left to do...Ambrosia is still alive. Her mana is still active, and it is active somewhere in this city. I felt it as I was out with Hikari a few minutes ago...We will continue investigating, and I promise you, you will be able to fulfill your promise to her...just as you were fulfilling it by being there for her that day...A light in the darkness...that is your calling, Henry..."

Henry Von Kressel

"Everyone saw her as a... Coward, I guess. But I simply couldn't see her that way. I saw her as one of us, in some kind of way. One that had the potential to help Mana, you know? She was... Is. Is different from Virgo, but I'm afraid that I might be just misplacing my good faith."

For a few minutes, Henry went silent, his breath audible in the room. For a few minutes, the words Rabbit said echoed in his mind, as he thought on the individual meaning of each word and the effect it caused on him. Natural courage.

He never imagined himself as someone courageous. Years inside rooms with books possibly turned it into a very distant idea for him, turning it very hard for him to embrace the ideas of courage amd strength that Rabbit spoke about.

The silence was now broken by Henry's normal tone of voice, with a certain hint of determination.

"Thanks, Rabbit. Truly. And... There's work to do then? Then I must find a way to know where she is. I'm afraid whoever kidnapped her might be used for something. And... I can't let that happen. Thanks once more for your help, Rabbit."
Nothing to see here, move along.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Oct 17, 2016 11:14 am

Kingdom of Irhk wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Rabbit listened to him, and he heard his voice shake. Henry had been strong for so long, he had forgotten how to handle his doubts. How to handle fear. He had internalized it all, and now something was shattering inside. Rabbit looked at him, and spoke in a gentle whisper.

Henry Von Kressel

"Everyone saw her as a... Coward, I guess. But I simply couldn't see her that way. I saw her as one of us, in some kind of way. One that had the potential to help Mana, you know? She was... Is. Is different from Virgo, but I'm afraid that I might be just misplacing my good faith."

For a few minutes, Henry went silent, his breath audible in the room. For a few minutes, the words Rabbit said echoed in his mind, as he thought on the individual meaning of each word and the effect it caused on him. Natural courage.

He never imagined himself as someone courageous. Years inside rooms with books possibly turned it into a very distant idea for him, turning it very hard for him to embrace the ideas of courage amd strength that Rabbit spoke about.

The silence was now broken by Henry's normal tone of voice, with a certain hint of determination.

"Thanks, Rabbit. Truly. And... There's work to do then? Then I must find a way to know where she is. I'm afraid whoever kidnapped her might be used for something. And... I can't let that happen. Thanks once more for your help, Rabbit."

Satisfied that he had been able to help him, Rabbit nodded and answered, "Of course. And I will continue everything on my end. In the meantime, do not be so hard on yourself. Kind hearts and wise souls are not as well-prized by Nobles as they should be. Hence why they do not breed many of them." He laughed slightly at his statement, though it was true. Most Noblebloods were not kind or wise, merely warlike, snobby at best. "And thus you stand-out among them. Never forget that," he finished. With this, he turned and walked out of the room, leaving the vial with Henry.

Now it seemed he was done. Round 1 was finished, and they still had another day before they even found out about the next Round. Rabbit had an idea as to what it would be, but he was uncertain as to what Madame Bourbon might plan with the knowledge he gave her. Deciding that he and Henry might need reinforcements, he decided to go find Ruta. His room was easy to find, and went he got to his room he knocked quietly. "Antonius?" he called, quietly. "It's Rabbit. I wish to speak to you."
-Alan Jackson

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:22 pm

Get lots of rest, blah blah blah. Stupid concussion. I feel better anyway, if this stupid headache would just go away... Katelyn was sulking quite severely as she climbed back into bed. I hope someone beats Saturninus to a pulp in Round 2... That would be awesome... wish someone would just do that already... see how he likes being stuck in bed.

...just... don't say that to Hailey, she doesn't like it... when you get violent...

...I am tired...
Darkness.

Complete and total darkness.

"H-hello?" Just saying the words made her skull throb with pain. "Is anyone there?"

Dang it. She couldn't see a thing and she wasn't sure if there was even anything to see. Was she putting her feet on solid ground when she took a step forward? Would she tumble into an invisible abyss? Was she already falling and she just couldn't tell because there was no way to judge where she was and logic was backwards here?

This place... it was creepy.

"Hey!" she shouted, and then closed her eyes tightly as her head pounded again. "If someone's out there, I want an answer! This isn't funny!"

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Oct 17, 2016 1:43 pm

Charlia wrote:Get lots of rest, blah blah blah. Stupid concussion. I feel better anyway, if this stupid headache would just go away... Katelyn was sulking quite severely as she climbed back into bed. I hope someone beats Saturninus to a pulp in Round 2... That would be awesome... wish someone would just do that already... see how he likes being stuck in bed.

...just... don't say that to Hailey, she doesn't like it... when you get violent...

...I am tired...
Darkness.

"H-hello?" Just saying the words made her skull throb with pain. "Is anyone there?"

Dang it. She couldn't see a thing and she wasn't sure if there was even anything to see. Was she putting her feet on solid ground when she took a step forward? Would she tumble into an invisible abyss? Was she already falling and she just couldn't tell because there was no way to judge where she was and logic was backwards here?

"Hey!" she shouted, and then closed her eyes tightly as her head pounded again. "If someone's out there, I want an answer! This isn't funny!"

"...All alone, little one?"

This was just another creepy dream, to Katelyn, just like the many she had before this one. Yet that voice...it was familiar...too familiar...it should not have been here...

"Just like you were when you were little, weren't you, dear?"

She felt a soft hand on her shoulder, somewhere in the darkness. Softness. Everything about the figure was soft. The soft voice, the soft hand...and yet...something was wrong...something was very, very wrong.

"...And the only echo you can hear is your own voice...your own voice, crying for help, crying for love...am I right?"

Just for a second, then, the hand burned slightly on her shoulder, as though something wicked lie just beneath the skin.

"...But you don't want to be alone, do you?" The voice whispered behind her, gentle-but-cold, sending a cold chill through the room.
Last edited by Luminesa on Mon Oct 17, 2016 2:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Alan Jackson

Saldinado
Minister

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:19 pm

Luminesa wrote:Soleil heard Shaun's voice become urgent, as he told him he needed to follow his own advice and love himself. "...I-I...I want to love myself...b-but it's just hard...I-I've never done it before...I've always been scared to...but I want to make you happy, and I want to be happy...s-so...I want to try..." he answered, smiling slightly. "...I want to try...for you...because you're such a good friend to me..." Meanwhile, the little fawn in Shaun's arms looked up at Shaun again, and it now cuddled its tiny head against the boy's chest and went to sleep. "...Heh...I-I do need to follow my own advice...don't I?" he whispered, ashamed of himself.

Shaun

"Well, if you want my honest opinion, you should; I've told you already that in order to feel like you're loved, you need to start with admitting that you love yourself. From a more...Psychological standpoint to someone such as me, the brain works and functions depending on how you interact with it. And as you already know or not, your mind controls almost if not all of your senses of emotions-- Happiness, sadness, anger, love, lust, et cetera." Shaun said sounding professional. "If you start to say that you don't love yourself or anything else that's negative, then your brain with start to process that information and as a result you feel like absolute hell. You feel negative and don't feel like you can bare another day of living and overall it affects you, and everyone around you and not in a good way."

Shaun then felt the small fawn snuggle against his chest, causing him to take his sight off of Sol and look down at them, where he quietly smirked before looking back up and finishing his statement. "Now if you were to sat that you love yourself and say things like: 'You're awesome' or 'Hey, you are looking devilishly handsome today' which I always do if I might add. I mean, I could be a sex god if I wanted. But that's for another time." He said awkwardly coughing as his face grew red before getting back on track.

"But like I said before, if you say those to you either everyday when you look into the mirror or when you do something good, regardless of what it is, it can have a positive effect on the brain, therefore having a positive outlook on things. And maybe those bad voices that you hear in your head will turn into good ones to tell you that you are a great friend or you're so important and that you are loved." Softly sighing in content, Shaun had a faint smile on his face before looking down at Soleil, his face still a little red, but with the soft breeze blowing through his hair and the Sun making his eyes an almost soft magenta color, it didn't seem to matter; a shy smile was on his face. "Do you understand what I'm saying?"
You do you. And I'll do me. And we won't do each other. Probably.- Mark Fischbach

We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak.- Albert Einstein

Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering-because you can't take it in all at once.- Audrey Hepburn

I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade....And try to find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.-Ron White

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like 'whaaat?'-Phil Dunphy

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:25 pm

Saldinado wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Soleil heard Shaun's voice become urgent, as he told him he needed to follow his own advice and love himself. "...I-I...I want to love myself...b-but it's just hard...I-I've never done it before...I've always been scared to...but I want to make you happy, and I want to be happy...s-so...I want to try..." he answered, smiling slightly. "...I want to try...for you...because you're such a good friend to me..." Meanwhile, the little fawn in Shaun's arms looked up at Shaun again, and it now cuddled its tiny head against the boy's chest and went to sleep. "...Heh...I-I do need to follow my own advice...don't I?" he whispered, ashamed of himself.

Shaun

"Well, if you want my honest opinion, you should; I've told you already that in order to feel like you're loved, you need to start with admitting that you love yourself. From a more...Psychological standpoint to someone such as me, the brain works and functions depending on how you interact with it. And as you already know or not, your mind controls almost if not all of your senses of emotions-- Happiness, sadness, anger, love, lust, et cetera." Shaun said sounding professional. "If you start to say that you don't love yourself or anything else that's negative, then your brain with start to process that information and as a result you feel like absolute hell. You feel negative and don't feel like you can bare another day of living and overall it affects you, and everyone around you and not in a good way."

Shaun then felt the small fawn snuggle against his chest, causing him to take his sight off of Sol and look down at them, where he quietly smirked before looking back up and finishing his statement. "Now if you were to sat that you love yourself and say things like: 'You're awesome' or 'Hey, you are looking devilishly handsome today' which I always do if I might add. I mean, I could be a sex god if I wanted. But that's for another time." He said awkwardly coughing as his face grew red before getting back on track.

"But like I said before, if you say those to you either everyday when you look into the mirror or when you do something good, regardless of what it is, it can have a positive effect on the brain, therefore having a positive outlook on things. And maybe those bad voices that you hear in your head will turn into good ones to tell you that you are a great friend or you're so important and that you are loved." Softly sighing in content, Shaun had a faint smile on his face before looking down at Soleil, his face still a little red, but with the soft breeze blowing through his hair and the Sun making his eyes an almost soft magenta color, it didn't seem to matter; a shy smile was on his face. "Do you understand what I'm saying?"

Soleil smiled and nodded to him. "...I do...th-thank you..." he whispered. Looking down at the bunny, he continued, "...I will try to love myself, from now on...I will try to see my talents as...as something beautiful...b-but...Shaun?" He turned to him after a moment, a little confused. "...D-Did you say you wanted to be a...a sex god?...Wh-Why do you want that, i-if you don't...mind me asking." Of course, given the look on Sol's face, it seemed he was not sure if he wanted to know the answer. He liked Shaun, but he was of course innocent and not very knowledgeable about any ideas on "pleasure" or anything sexual for that matter. "...I-I'm just...curious..." he added, hastily.
-Alan Jackson

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:31 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Charlia wrote:Get lots of rest, blah blah blah. Stupid concussion. I feel better anyway, if this stupid headache would just go away... Katelyn was sulking quite severely as she climbed back into bed. I hope someone beats Saturninus to a pulp in Round 2... That would be awesome... wish someone would just do that already... see how he likes being stuck in bed.

...I am tired...
Darkness.

"...All alone, little one?"

This was just another creepy dream, to Katelyn, just like the many she had before this one. Yet that voice...it was familiar...too familiar...it should not have been here...

She felt a soft hand on her shoulder, somewhere in the darkness. Softness. Everything about the figure was soft. The soft voice, the soft hand...and yet...something was wrong...something was very, very wrong.

"...And the only echo you can hear is your own voice...your own voice, crying for help, crying for love...am I right?"

Just for a second, then, the hand burned slightly on her shoulder, as though something wicked lie just beneath the skin.

"...But you don't want to be alone, do you?" The voice whispered behind her, gentle-but-cold, sending a cold chill through the room.
Knocking the hand off her shoulder, she whirled around, and then stopped short as she saw who was behind her.

She knew that mask.

"Rabbit? Of course. Probably my least favorite teacher in the entire school, except maybe for that weird white lady, don't care enough to bother remembering her name. What right do you have talking about me like you know me? You don't. You don't know anything about me, my childhood, nothing. And quit calling me 'dear'--it pisses me off!"

Her spear appeared in her hands, and she twirled it expertly, planting its tip on the ground.

"Now back off, and don't touch me again, or I take out some of this anger on you. 'Cause I don't trust you--with your mask and your pet names--I don't trust you at all. And I'd rather be truly alone than to be alone with you. So what'll it be? You going to get out of my sight or am I going to have to knock some heads?"

Saldinado
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:58 pm

Luminesa wrote:Soleil smiled and nodded to him. "...I do...th-thank you..." he whispered. Looking down at the bunny, he continued, "...I will try to love myself, from now on...I will try to see my talents as...as something beautiful...b-but...Shaun?" He turned to him after a moment, a little confused. "...D-Did you say you wanted to be a...a sex god?...Wh-Why do you want that, i-if you don't...mind me asking." Of course, given the look on Sol's face, it seemed he was not sure if he wanted to know the answer. He liked Shaun, but he was of course innocent and not very knowledgeable about any ideas on "pleasure" or anything sexual for that matter. "...I-I'm just...curious..." he added, hastily.

Shaun

Hearing him ask his question, Shaun's face went completely up in flames as his cheeks and face were bright red. He didn't expect him to ask that question. At least not so suddenly given his...Prude and innocent demeanor of of teen. He looked out of the corner of his eyes as he rubbed the back of his head, now flustered and at a lost for words.

"Well um...The reason that I said t-that was because um...Given the um...well, experiences that I had as well as the numerous number of compliments and overall...Advancements that have been made towards me. Some rather unwanted..." He whispered the last part, "Some have said that I could be a well, god of the pleasures..." It was apparent that even given his experience with such topics, he didn't know what to expect from someone such as Soleil to comment on it. However, he decided to use this to his advantage. Looking down at Soleil with his face still red, he decided to ask him a question.

"And why are you asking? Did you want an experience of what it will be like to be with one? Perhaps you have a few...things that you would like to try with Kasumi when you two get the chance?" He said slyly smiling at him as on the inside, he was practically dying of laughter; one could even hear the little snickers and giggles behind the boy's mouth.
You do you. And I'll do me. And we won't do each other. Probably.- Mark Fischbach

We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak.- Albert Einstein

Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering-because you can't take it in all at once.- Audrey Hepburn

I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade....And try to find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.-Ron White

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like 'whaaat?'-Phil Dunphy

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:04 pm

Charlia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:"...All alone, little one?"

Knocking the hand off her shoulder, she whirled around, and then stopped short as she saw who was behind her.

She knew that mask.

"Rabbit? Of course. Probably my least favorite teacher in the entire school, except maybe for that weird white lady, don't care enough to bother remembering her name. What right do you have talking about me like you know me? You don't. You don't know anything about me, my childhood, nothing. And quit calling me 'dear'--it pisses me off!"

Her spear appeared in her hands, and she twirled it expertly, planting its tip on the ground.

"Now back off, and don't touch me again, or I take out some of this anger on you. 'Cause I don't trust you--with your mask and your pet names--I don't trust you at all. And I'd rather be truly alone than to be alone with you. So what'll it be? You going to get out of my sight or am I going to have to knock some heads?"

Rabbit laughed, but it wasn't his normal laugh. It was almost-mocking. "Poor little girl...you're afraid of everyone, aren't you? You have to fight to feel normal...to feel alive..." he drawled. Suddenly, he held out a hand, and her weapon dissolved into mana. It then disappeared, and she was left unarmed. Rabbit then walked toward her. "...What will you do when you cannot fight, Katelyn? Run and hide? Burn down another school? Kill everyone who ever cared about you?" He then leaned down and looked her in the face. The eyes on his mask glowed a dark-pink, and showed her reflection, but it wasn't quite her. The image that stared back had wilder, violet hair and ferocious eyes. She looked almost feral. "...Again?"
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:12 pm

Saldinado wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Soleil smiled and nodded to him. "...I do...th-thank you..." he whispered. Looking down at the bunny, he continued, "...I will try to love myself, from now on...I will try to see my talents as...as something beautiful...b-but...Shaun?" He turned to him after a moment, a little confused. "...D-Did you say you wanted to be a...a sex god?...Wh-Why do you want that, i-if you don't...mind me asking." Of course, given the look on Sol's face, it seemed he was not sure if he wanted to know the answer. He liked Shaun, but he was of course innocent and not very knowledgeable about any ideas on "pleasure" or anything sexual for that matter. "...I-I'm just...curious..." he added, hastily.

Shaun

Hearing him ask his question, Shaun's face went completely up in flames as his cheeks and face were bright red. He didn't expect him to ask that question. At least not so suddenly given his...Prude and innocent demeanor of of teen. He looked out of the corner of his eyes as he rubbed the back of his head, now flustered and at a lost for words.

"Well um...The reason that I said t-that was because um...Given the um...well, experiences that I had as well as the numerous number of compliments and overall...Advancements that have been made towards me. Some rather unwanted..." He whispered the last part, "Some have said that I could be a well, god of the pleasures..." It was apparent that even given his experience with such topics, he didn't know what to expect from someone such as Soleil to comment on it. However, he decided to use this to his advantage. Looking down at Soleil with his face still red, he decided to ask him a question.

"And why are you asking? Did you want an experience of what it will be like to be with one? Perhaps you have a few...things that you would like to try with Kasumi when you two get the chance?" He said slyly smiling at him as on the inside, he was practically dying of laughter; one could even hear the little snickers and giggles behind the boy's mouth.

Soleil's face was so red it was almost orange. He looked away and bit his lip, a little startled to have the question thrown back at him like that. "...O-Oh...no, I was just...I didn't know...um..." He hid his warm face in the bunny's fur, hoping it would help him to cool down. "...I-I would like to...um...ask her out though...I-I want to...maybe make her happy...a-after the last couple of days..." he muttered, smiling slightly from under the bunny's fur as he thought of something. He was so excited to possibly take Kasumi on a romantic date. "...D-Do you know how to ask someone out on a date?" he asked. He did not know if Shaun had any interest in him of that kind, hence he was not sure if he should have asked anyway. Nevertheless, he knew Shaun might have some tips on how he could ask Kasumi out. After all, he was a little more confident and open than he was.
-Alan Jackson

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:30 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Charlia wrote:Knocking the hand off her shoulder, she whirled around, and then stopped short as she saw who was behind her.

She knew that mask.

Rabbit laughed, but it wasn't his normal laugh. It was almost-mocking. "Poor little girl...you're afraid of everyone, aren't you? You have to fight to feel normal...to feel alive..." he drawled. Suddenly, he held out a hand, and her weapon dissolved into mana. It then disappeared, and she was left unarmed. Rabbit then walked toward her. "...What will you do when you cannot fight, Katelyn? Run and hide? Burn down another school? Kill everyone who ever cared about you?" He then leaned down and looked her in the face. The eyes on his mask glowed a dark-pink, and showed her reflection, but it wasn't quite her. The image that stared back had wilder, violet hair and ferocious eyes. She looked almost feral. "...Again?"
Katelyn's eye twitched.

Then it twitched again.

"...I'm not afraid of anyone," she snarled. Then her spear dissolved, and she flinched back as Rabbit approached. "What are you doing?" she snapped. "Get away from me!"

What will you do when you cannot fight, Katelyn?
Give in to me!
Run and hide?
You can't escape me anyway.
Burn down another school?
Listen to their screams as they succumb to the flames, relish their torment...
Kill everyone who ever cared about you? ...Again?
You could have so much fun with everyone at this school. We could have so much fun. Especially with your sweet little lover...
Katelyn's eye twitched again, more violently this time, and she screamed.

"SHUT UP!"

She lunged forwards, reaching out for Rabbit's neck, flames curling and twisting around her hands as she attacked.

I'm not listening. I'm not listening. I'm not listening.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:40 pm

Charlia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Rabbit laughed, but it wasn't his normal laugh. It was almost-mocking. "Poor little girl...you're afraid of everyone, aren't you? You have to fight to feel normal...to feel alive..." he drawled. Suddenly, he held out a hand, and her weapon dissolved into mana. It then disappeared, and she was left unarmed. Rabbit then walked toward her. "...What will you do when you cannot fight, Katelyn? Run and hide? Burn down another school? Kill everyone who ever cared about you?" He then leaned down and looked her in the face. The eyes on his mask glowed a dark-pink, and showed her reflection, but it wasn't quite her. The image that stared back had wilder, violet hair and ferocious eyes. She looked almost feral. "...Again?"
Katelyn's eye twitched.

Then it twitched again.

"...I'm not afraid of anyone," she snarled. Then her spear dissolved, and she flinched back as Rabbit approached. "What are you doing?" she snapped. "Get away from me!"

Give in to me!
Run and hide?
You could have so much fun with everyone at this school. We could have so much fun. Especially with your sweet little lover...

"SHUT UP!"

She lunged forwards, reaching out for Rabbit's neck, flames curling and twisting around her hands as she attacked.

The laugh got louder, even as Katelyn had Rabbit by the throat. He did not even resist. He was so unlike himself, and yet subconsciously also much like himself, in that he was not fighting back. "Are you going to burn me too, dear? Or try to, anyway?...Is this how you will solve all of your problems, Katelyn? By burning everything that stands in your way? Perhaps you belonged in Ignis after all, sweet girl. You should trust me more...I always know what I'm doing...But you..." He put a single hand on her face, not threatening her or trying to assault her, merely a gentle touch. Something Rabbit would do. "...You're so sad and scared...none of this would be happening if maybe you were not such a scared little child inside...You have to admit it, Katelyn...you have no power...you have no control...Surrender..." The last word was spoken with a sort of hypnotic serenity, beckoning her to drop her attack and to fall into the darkness.
-Alan Jackson

Saldinado
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:47 pm

Luminesa wrote:Soleil's face was so red it was almost orange. He looked away and bit his lip, a little startled to have the question thrown back at him like that. "...O-Oh...no, I was just...I didn't know...um..." He hid his warm face in the bunny's fur, hoping it would help him to cool down. "...I-I would like to...um...ask her out though...I-I want to...maybe make her happy...a-after the last couple of days..." he muttered, smiling slightly from under the bunny's fur as he thought of something. He was so excited to possibly take Kasumi on a romantic date. "...D-Do you know how to ask someone out on a date?" he asked. He did not know if Shaun had any interest in him of that kind, hence he was not sure if he should have asked anyway. Nevertheless, he knew Shaun might have some tips on how he could ask Kasumi out. After all, he was a little more confident and open than he was.

Shaun

"Oh. I see." He said rather intrigued by his question. In all honesty, he has never really asked someone on a date before, as it was rather the opposite. And even so, they were very little to nothing given his rather introversion and awkwardness that prevented him from doing so. Only one person was successful at asking him out. Thinking as he stroke his chin, the bunny in Soleil's hands just curled even tighter as it felt the warmth of it's handler's face on it's fur. As a response, it functioned as a real rabbit did and cooled itself off, though given it's Mana capabilities, caused Soliel to feel the coolness of the skin of the small creature. Shaun then leaned against a wall rather causally while still keeping the fawn safe in his hand as he began speaking.

"Well...Even though I'd never really asked someone out, however, if I were you, this is what I would do:

First I would try and get them alone, somewhere that's both private as well as practical so that you both have time to speak to each other without feeling in a rush. Then say if they are able to meet you at a certain time that works good for the both you you. Once you get that situated, go about your day until you two meet up once again. As you do that, start a regular conversation like you usually do until you find the perfect way to bring up wherever you would like to go or do on said date and then say to them if they would like to join you.

But do something that you're most comfortable with; so that it feels almost natural to you as you tell them. It doesn't have to be all big and showy. It can be calm and cool for the both of you so you both won't feel stressed out or obligated to say something. And remember the most important thing: There's the chance of them saying no to you, so don't feel as though it's the end of the world. If it doesn't work the first time, then try again. And if that doesn't work, than at the most do it again. And if it still doesn't work? Well...You know what to do." He then gave a wan smile and added another part to his suggestion. "Orif you are like me, then just be completely honest with them and say: 'Hey, would you like to go on a date with me at this place at this time? And if it's too early than we can make arrangements for another day.' And if they say no, then all well. Don't need to worry as there's always someone else, or better yet yourself." He chuckled.

"So do what feels best to you. All I can do is give advice. However, it all starts with you and how you initiate it, got it?" Shaun then yawned as he flexed his fingers. "You know what? I'm rather tired actually. Perhaps we can do this another time and get some rest before the second round starts? Might give you time to think about this as well as time for me to well, sleep."
Last edited by Saldinado on Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Oct 17, 2016 5:55 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Charlia wrote:Katelyn's eye twitched.

Then it twitched again.

Give in to me!
Run and hide?

"SHUT UP!"

The laugh got louder, even as Katelyn had Rabbit by the throat. He did not even resist. He was so unlike himself, and yet subconsciously also much like himself, in that he was not fighting back. "Are you going to burn me too, dear? Or try to, anyway?...Is this how you will solve all of your problems, Katelyn? By burning everything that stands in your way? Perhaps you belonged in Ignis after all, sweet girl. You should trust me more...I always know what I'm doing...But you..." He put a single hand on her face, not threatening her or trying to assault her, merely a gentle touch. Something Rabbit would do. "...You're so sad and scared...none of this would be happening if maybe you were not such a scared little child inside...You have to admit it, Katelyn...you have no power...you have no control...Surrender..." The last word was spoken with a sort of hypnotic serenity, beckoning her to drop her attack and to fall into the darkness.
"NO! NO!" she screamed over and over again, her hands tightening around Rabbit's throat. "YOU'RE NOT EVEN HUMAN, ARE YOU? YOU'RE A DEMON! THAT'S WHY YOU'RE DOING THIS TO ME! THAT'S WHY YOU ALWAYS WEAR THAT MASK! YOU'RE TRYING TO HIDE WHAT YOU ARE, BUT I SEE YOU! I SEE YOU! You..."

Her voice cracked.

"You bastard..."

Staring down into the infinite black, she lifted him off the ground with surprising strength for one of her size, squeezing his throat and trying to strangle him.

"Just... die... and leave me be..."

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:03 pm

Saldinado wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Soleil's face was so red it was almost orange. He looked away and bit his lip, a little startled to have the question thrown back at him like that. "...O-Oh...no, I was just...I didn't know...um..." He hid his warm face in the bunny's fur, hoping it would help him to cool down. "...I-I would like to...um...ask her out though...I-I want to...maybe make her happy...a-after the last couple of days..." he muttered, smiling slightly from under the bunny's fur as he thought of something. He was so excited to possibly take Kasumi on a romantic date. "...D-Do you know how to ask someone out on a date?" he asked. He did not know if Shaun had any interest in him of that kind, hence he was not sure if he should have asked anyway. Nevertheless, he knew Shaun might have some tips on how he could ask Kasumi out. After all, he was a little more confident and open than he was.

Shaun

"Oh. I see." He said rather intrigued by his question. In all honesty, he has never really asked someone on a date before, as it was rather the opposite. And even so, they were very little to nothing given his rather introversion and awkwardness that prevented him from doing so. Only one person was successful at asking him out. Thinking as he stroke his chin, the bunny in Soleil's hands just curled even tighter as it felt the warmth of it's handler's face on it's fur. As a response, it functioned as a real rabbit did and cooled itself off, though given it's Mana capabilities, caused Soliel to feel the coolness of the skin of the small creature. Shaun then leaned against a wall rather causally while still keeping the fawn safe in his hand as he began speaking.

"Well...Even though I'd never really asked someone out, however, if I were you, this is what I would do:

First I would try and get them alone, somewhere that's both private as well as practical so that you both have time to speak to each other without feeling in a rush. Then say if they are able to meet you at a certain time that works good for the both you you. Once you get that situated, go about your day until you two meet up once again. As you do that, start a regular conversation like you usually do until you find the perfect way to bring up wherever you would like to go or do on said date and then say to them if they would like to join you.

But do something that you're most comfortable with; so that it feels almost natural to you as you tell them. It doesn't have to be all big and showy. It can be calm and cool for the both of you so you both won't feel stressed out or obligated to say something. And remember the most important thing: There's the chance of them saying no to you, so don't feel as though it's the end of the world. If it doesn't work the first time, then try again. And if that doesn't work, than at the most do it again. And if it still doesn't work? Well...You know what to do." He then gave a wan smile and added another part to his suggestion. "Orif you are like me, then just be completely honest with them and say: 'Hey, would you like to go on a date with me at this place at this time? And if it's too early than we can make arrangements for another day.' And if they say no, then all well. Don't need to worry as there's always someone else, or better yet yourself." He chuckled.

"So do what feels best to you. All I can do is give advice. However, it all starts with you and how you initiate it, got it?" Shaun then yawned as he flexed his fingers. "You know what? I'm rather tired actually. Perhaps we can do this another time and get some rest before the second round starts? Might give you time to think about this as well as time for me to well, sleep."

As they stood on the sidewalk, and Shaun spoke to Soleil, the boy listened intently, taking in every word. So he had to make it natural, and he did not have to be all big and showy. He just had to be himself. Be calm, talk, and then ask her out. He liked this idea. He was not sure what "you know what to do" meant, but he understood the rest. With this, he smiled at Shaun. "...Yes...Th-Thank you, Shaun...Y-You...y-you are a wonderful friend...I-I'm so happy to have met you..." he answered, gratefully. His face was now a comfortable pinkish color again, as he relaxed again. Hearing Shaun mention maybe going back and resting, though, Soleil looked up at the clear blue sky, and he himself yawned. "...B-But...perhaps you are right...m-maybe we do need to go back and rest..." With that, he smiled and walked with Shaun back to the hotel. He was just happy to be with him, to be walking with him, even if they did not get to travel around the city and see everything.
-Alan Jackson

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:09 pm

Charlia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:The laugh got louder, even as Katelyn had Rabbit by the throat. He did not even resist. He was so unlike himself, and yet subconsciously also much like himself, in that he was not fighting back. "Are you going to burn me too, dear? Or try to, anyway?...Is this how you will solve all of your problems, Katelyn? By burning everything that stands in your way? Perhaps you belonged in Ignis after all, sweet girl. You should trust me more...I always know what I'm doing...But you..." He put a single hand on her face, not threatening her or trying to assault her, merely a gentle touch. Something Rabbit would do. "...You're so sad and scared...none of this would be happening if maybe you were not such a scared little child inside...You have to admit it, Katelyn...you have no power...you have no control...Surrender..." The last word was spoken with a sort of hypnotic serenity, beckoning her to drop her attack and to fall into the darkness.
"NO! NO!" she screamed over and over again, her hands tightening around Rabbit's throat. "YOU'RE NOT EVEN HUMAN, ARE YOU? YOU'RE A DEMON! THAT'S WHY YOU'RE DOING THIS TO ME! THAT'S WHY YOU ALWAYS WEAR THAT MASK! YOU'RE TRYING TO HIDE WHAT YOU ARE, BUT I SEE YOU! I SEE YOU! You..."

Her voice cracked.

"You bastard..."

Staring down into the infinite black, she lifted him off the ground with surprising strength for one of her size, squeezing his throat and trying to strangle him.

"...Are those tears I see?...Are you finally falling apart, little one?...Ah, wait...You were never together, in the first place...were you...Poor Katelyn..." He continued to look at her, even as he was being strangled. "...Nobody will ever love you...nobody...not even your precious Ruta...Everything will fall away...everything...It is coming, Katelyn...Can you feel it?...The beautiful...beautiful...end..." His whisper was the last word he spoke, and then there was a horrible snap. His neck was broken, and his head bowed forward. His soft veil of white hair fell over her arms, and he went silent. His light, gentle body was cold, and as his hand slipped from her face, it felt like death crawling down her cheek. It then fell to his side, and he remained in her arms, destroyed, his soul absorbed into the dark oblivion around her.
-Alan Jackson

Rhomaia
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhomaia » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:10 pm

Chrome Legion wrote:Catherine de Sanguine Vivere

Catherine caught a hit of worry on Aria's face, and looked back over to where the girl she had just defeated was now standing. She looked a little bit down but otherwise fine, already talking to one of her other classmates. Unlike most others, Catherine hadn't left Andromeda unconscious, instead just forcing her to surrender. It might have looked pretty harsh, her standing there planting the boot in the other girl's neck. Maybe part of the reason she had done that was to humiliate, to dominate her opponent, but there was also a much more reasonable explanation.

"I guess it might have looked a bit... I don't know, too much to have ended the fight that way, but I needed to keep a free hand in case she was feinting to defend my self, and I didn't want to expose my self by bending over her, so I didn't really have much of an option. Least she walked out of the arena on her own, as embarrassed as she might have been." After reassuring herself that she had a good reason to act as she did, she responded to Aria. "I think, as hard as it might have been to go through, our experiences have given us an advantage. Not just knowing how to really fight, but knowing that we have to keep pushing our selves to be stronger. I don't think many of the people her have had the same pressure on them to keep growing in strength, maybe at worst just had their parent get angry at them if they're not advancing fast enough. We, and the other students at Mana know there's more at stake, our lives could and have depended on how well we're able to fight, and how strong we are with our magic."

Aria

Aria listened closely to Catherine's words, the worry all but gone from her face as she stood beside her. She understood why Catherine had done what she did, and didn't think of the action as particularly brutal. Hell, Aria had done worse just a few minutes ago with Madeleine, immobilizing her, forcing her to the ground, then nailing her in the chest with a lightning javelin and humiliating her in front of the entire ballroom.

Though she remembered the basic events that had transpired during the duel, it was all hazy and unclear, all of the sounds and sights of the memory were blurred and distorted, as if she were living through the experience in someone else's eyes...

During the entire time, her eyes had taken on the same amethyst hue that they had during the fight with Lynefleur, but she had seemed to be much more in control of her actions, swift and cunning in her tactics rather than requiring only speed and raw force to defeat her opponent. In that way, Aria had changed in the past few months, and whether or not this side of her was a malus or a boon was yet to be seen.

"...There are worse ways to end a duel, even if Bourbon is going to be giving you the evil eye for the rest of the time because of it. I'm not upset with you for that." Aria said softly, giving Catherine a gentle smile. "You're right. We have the training and experience that precious few of the people in this room possess, and the prissy little Noblebloods in the room haven't even seen what we've gone up against. Even if it has changed us...for better and for worse, we are stronger for having faced our demons. Nothing can take that away from us, at the very least."

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:21 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Charlia wrote:"NO! NO!" she screamed over and over again, her hands tightening around Rabbit's throat. "YOU'RE NOT EVEN HUMAN, ARE YOU? YOU'RE A DEMON! THAT'S WHY YOU'RE DOING THIS TO ME! THAT'S WHY YOU ALWAYS WEAR THAT MASK! YOU'RE TRYING TO HIDE WHAT YOU ARE, BUT I SEE YOU! I SEE YOU! You..."

Her voice cracked.

"You bastard..."

"...Are those tears I see?...Are you finally falling apart, little one?...Ah, wait...You were never together, in the first place...were you...Poor Katelyn..." He continued to look at her, even as he was being strangled. "...Nobody will ever love you...nobody...not even your precious Ruta...Everything will fall away...everything...It is coming, Katelyn...Can you feel it?...The beautiful...beautiful...end..." His whisper was the last word he spoke, and then there was a horrible snap. His neck was broken, and his head bowed forward. His soft veil of white hair fell over her arms, and he went silent. His light, gentle body was cold, and as his hand slipped from her face, it felt like death crawling down her cheek. It then fell to his side, and he remained in her arms, destroyed, his soul absorbed into the dark oblivion around her.
"..."

Her breathing was heavy. She choked on a sob, and then another, and then started wailing, screaming, madly, thoughtlessly attacking the corpse, completely destroying it simply through her own rage. "STOP LYING TO ME!" she screamed, hardly even registering that he was dead.
But I'm not lying.
"Professor Ruta cares about me!" she shouted, still brutalizing the body in her mindless fury. "He's the closest thing to a father I've ever had! And--and Hailey loves me too! She loves me! And Annice, she's my best friend! They care about me... They do..."
But nobody else does, right, sweet child?
She crumpled, sobbing, at this point too weak to even do any damage to the corpse. "They care about me... I'm not worthless... I'm not useless... I'm not... broken..."
Silly little girl. You're so good at denying the truth, aren't you?

Rhomaia
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhomaia » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:32 pm

Luminesa wrote:Now it seemed he was done. Round 1 was finished, and they still had another day before they even found out about the next Round. Rabbit had an idea as to what it would be, but he was uncertain as to what Madame Bourbon might plan with the knowledge he gave her. Deciding that he and Henry might need reinforcements, he decided to go find Ruta. His room was easy to find, and went he got to his room he knocked quietly. "Antonius?" he called, quietly. "It's Rabbit. I wish to speak to you."

Antonius Ruta

After the Round had finally concluded and all of the duels had come to their flashy, climactic ends, Ruta had backtracked to his room to get away from Bourbon and Adrianna, as he had developed a splitting headache after a while of watching the chaos unfold. The countless colors, sparks, and lightning flashes that had greeted him had more than taken it's toll upon the Jaegar's tired, weary eyes. A few moments after entering, he had simply sat down on the bed and closed his eyes, holding a black gloved hand over his face.

When he heard the knock on the door and the subtle chime of the Rabbit's voice, Ruta responded with a simple yet authoritative, "Enter." As if to comply with the man's wishes, the white wooden door slowly opened for the Rabbit to come inside, light once again pouring into the darkened room, where the red curtains continued to block out the sunlight.

"...May I ask what ill-fortune befalls us now?"

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:42 pm

Rhomaia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Now it seemed he was done. Round 1 was finished, and they still had another day before they even found out about the next Round. Rabbit had an idea as to what it would be, but he was uncertain as to what Madame Bourbon might plan with the knowledge he gave her. Deciding that he and Henry might need reinforcements, he decided to go find Ruta. His room was easy to find, and went he got to his room he knocked quietly. "Antonius?" he called, quietly. "It's Rabbit. I wish to speak to you."

Antonius Ruta

After the Round had finally concluded and all of the duels had come to their flashy, climactic ends, Ruta had backtracked to his room to get away from Bourbon and Adrianna, as he had developed a splitting headache after a while of watching the chaos unfold. The countless colors, sparks, and lightning flashes that had greeted him had more than taken it's toll upon the Jaegar's tired, weary eyes. A few moments after entering, he had simply sat down on the bed and closed his eyes, holding a black gloved hand over his face.

When he heard the knock on the door and the subtle chime of the Rabbit's voice, Ruta responded with a simple yet authoritative, "Enter." As if to comply with the man's wishes, the white wooden door slowly opened for the Rabbit to come inside, light once again pouring into the darkened room, where the red curtains continued to block out the sunlight.

"...May I ask what ill-fortune befalls us now?"

Rabbit saw the door open, and he walked in, calmly. "...I meant to inform you that there is a situation which we may need to keep an eye on...one of the Russian students was apparently working on a poison to knock his opponents unconscious. Anatoly. Henry brought this to my attention, and I merely wanted to explain that we may have to keep a close eye on him in the near-future. In the meantime, I have informed Madame Bourbon, and she has agreed to meet with the boy. I hope you do not mind me bringing this to your attention, in case your help is needed...Are you alright?" He interrupted his report as he realized Ruta seemed to be in quite a lot of pain, more physical pain than usual. This was added onto the pain he saw in his eyes from much earlier. "...Antonius...something is deeply wrong with you, and I cannot tell what it is...Do you need any medical assistance?" he inquired, concerned.
-Alan Jackson

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:50 pm

Katelyn's eyes snapped open, and she sat up in bed, her head pounding yet again. She wasn't an alcoholic, she didn't deserve to feel like she had the eternal mother of hangovers. It wasn't fair. And she wanted to beat Saturninus into an even messier pulp than she did before.

...What did I even...

She couldn't remember what her dream was about. There were just vague bits of memory, someone saying something condescending, she couldn't remember what... She shook her head. Doesn't matter. Crawling out of bed, she rubbed her eyes and stretched, stumbling out into the hallway.

...Where's Hailey? she wondered. ...want to hug her.
They were back at the hotel at last, Himiko rather exhausted(although she was hiding it) and Momoko still just as cheerful as ever. She'd bought something, but she'd hidden it in a bag and Himiko had absolutely no idea what it was.

"...That was fun, wasn't it?" she asked Momoko, her tone light even though her heart was heavy. "I wish we could do some more stuff together, but I have some other things that need doing. I guess I'll see you later?"

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Oct 17, 2016 6:54 pm

Charlia wrote:Katelyn's eyes snapped open, and she sat up in bed, her head pounding yet again. She wasn't an alcoholic, she didn't deserve to feel like she had the eternal mother of hangovers. It wasn't fair. And she wanted to beat Saturninus into an even messier pulp than she did before.

...What did I even...

She couldn't remember what her dream was about. There were just vague bits of memory, someone saying something condescending, she couldn't remember what... She shook her head. Doesn't matter. Crawling out of bed, she rubbed her eyes and stretched, stumbling out into the hallway.

...Where's Hailey? she wondered. ...want to hug her.
They were back at the hotel at last, Himiko rather exhausted(although she was hiding it) and Momoko still just as cheerful as ever. She'd bought something, but she'd hidden it in a bag and Himiko had absolutely no idea what it was.

"...That was fun, wasn't it?" she asked Momoko, her tone light even though her heart was heavy. "I wish we could do some more stuff together, but I have some other things that need doing. I guess I'll see you later?"

Momoko nodded, holding a bag with something in it. The black bag was large, and it indicated something expensive, but she had only shown Himiko the price tag. She would have to show her later. Something about the trip made Momoko feel playful and a little mischievous, and she was excited about what she had bought. Today thus far had been a great day, even though she had nearly died a couple of hours ago. Life was good...for now...somehow.
-Alan Jackson

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse