NATION

PASSWORD

Mana Academy (IC) (Open, Fantasy)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Saldinado
Minister

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:44 am

Luminesa wrote:Soleil blinked, as he looked at Shaun's tearful face, and he realized he really had touched Shaun's heart. He had started crying. It had been such a long time, it seemed, since someone had told him they truly loved him. Now he was not even sure how to take it, and he asked Soleil about himself, about his own feelings.

"...I feel scared, most of the time," he answered, looking down at the bunny. "...I always make the wrong assumptions about people, in my head...The voice in my head always tells me everything is wrong, and it's my fault...and then I feel down...but then I feel happy again, when I see others...but then that voice always talks me down again...I-I think it's because...My mother always talked me down, when I was little...She would always tell me I was doing something wrong, or that I was naive, or that I needed to spend more time learning to fight...I never wanted to fight, not until now...I am now learning to defend myself, but I have...never known how to defend myself from...from my own mind...I am so scared of everything..."

As he spoke, pouring his heart out, he felt himself becoming more anxious. Thus, he continued petting the bunny, to try and calm himself down. "...Well, everything except animals..." he continued, as he smiled down at the bunny. "...I have never been afraid of animals, not even really big ones...When I was little, I would run into the woods to get away from my family...and it was always full of animals...Squirrels, chipmunks, bunnies. birds, bears...sometimes even stray cats and dogs...and they always seemed so happy...so peaceful...And so I grew closer to them. My constructs showed it...I-I would spend hours a day in the forest making constructs of animals...b-but...I never felt like it was a useful skill until I came here..." He now looked at Shaun again and smiled. "And I am happy that I came here. I feel so loved and safe with all of you...I never want to go home again..." His smile was incredibly sad, but he truly did feel joy, when he was with Shaun and his friends.

Shaun

Shaun sat back and listened to Soleil's story. As he did, the bunny in his arms dug his face in Soleil's arms before poking it's small head out and looking up at him as if it too was filled with comfort and concern with it's twitchy nose and ears while it's small, puffy tail wiggled a bit before it once again curled itself into a ball and relaxed in his arms. Then a small sneeze that sounded more like a squeak came from the construct.

Shaun looked at Soleil once he was done, now speechless as he tried to collect everything he heard and process them so that he could speak. "I see...Now I know why...And I understand what you're going through. Even though you feel as though something bad isn't happening, there's still a part of you, a 'voice' as you will, that makes you think as though everything isn't fine. But even if that voice or your mother says otherwise, I want you to know as well as yourself to know that nothing is wrong with you.I want you to remember everything that I said during that night as well as now and forever:

There's nothing wrong, or naive, or weak about you. In fact, just talking about this now just shows that you're fighting. And even though you may be scared, just know that I will be there for you though thick and thin to make sure that you're safe. And even though me and everyone else are not always going to be there for you, I want you to be brave and push through and fight through this. Even if you don't like it or feel as though that voice or the world is out to fill you with despair, I want you to know that no matter what, be brave and do your very best. And if it doesn't happen today, than try again the next day. And the day after and after until you finally conquer it. Never give up, regardless of what your mother, someone else or that voice in your head say. It only starts and it only starts with yourself and the hope and love of everyone around you.

And like you care for your animal constructs and make them feel safe and will protect them, I want you to do the same to yourself. Because just like an animal construct: You will always be loved by a special someone, and that special someone is Soleil. Yourself. And for every construct you make and love, you put a bit of love and care into them as well as yourself. Never forget that." Shaun said sounding serious and passionate; even though it may have sounded like he was being redundant a bit, he was still trying to get the hang of what passion was, and thus repeated himself to make sure that he was heard and what he wanted was to be heard. And what he wanted was to Soleil to hear that he was a strong-willed person. He then quickly remember something. "Oh, and smile. Whether though the trials and joys of life, smile. Be happy, and most of all enjoy...You." He said looking at Sol with his soft purple eyes glistening with passion as well as tears. A small smile can be seen on his face. "If I can do it, than so can you. Like you told me: You're amazing a-and I want you to be happy."
You do you. And I'll do me. And we won't do each other. Probably.- Mark Fischbach

We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak.- Albert Einstein

Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering-because you can't take it in all at once.- Audrey Hepburn

I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade....And try to find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.-Ron White

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like 'whaaat?'-Phil Dunphy

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:02 am

Saldinado wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Soleil blinked, as he looked at Shaun's tearful face, and he realized he really had touched Shaun's heart. He had started crying. It had been such a long time, it seemed, since someone had told him they truly loved him. Now he was not even sure how to take it, and he asked Soleil about himself, about his own feelings.

"...I feel scared, most of the time," he answered, looking down at the bunny. "...I always make the wrong assumptions about people, in my head...The voice in my head always tells me everything is wrong, and it's my fault...and then I feel down...but then I feel happy again, when I see others...but then that voice always talks me down again...I-I think it's because...My mother always talked me down, when I was little...She would always tell me I was doing something wrong, or that I was naive, or that I needed to spend more time learning to fight...I never wanted to fight, not until now...I am now learning to defend myself, but I have...never known how to defend myself from...from my own mind...I am so scared of everything..."

As he spoke, pouring his heart out, he felt himself becoming more anxious. Thus, he continued petting the bunny, to try and calm himself down. "...Well, everything except animals..." he continued, as he smiled down at the bunny. "...I have never been afraid of animals, not even really big ones...When I was little, I would run into the woods to get away from my family...and it was always full of animals...Squirrels, chipmunks, bunnies. birds, bears...sometimes even stray cats and dogs...and they always seemed so happy...so peaceful...And so I grew closer to them. My constructs showed it...I-I would spend hours a day in the forest making constructs of animals...b-but...I never felt like it was a useful skill until I came here..." He now looked at Shaun again and smiled. "And I am happy that I came here. I feel so loved and safe with all of you...I never want to go home again..." His smile was incredibly sad, but he truly did feel joy, when he was with Shaun and his friends.

Shaun

Shaun sat back and listened to Soleil's story. As he did, the bunny in his arms dug his face in Soleil's arms before poking it's small head out and looking up at him as if it too was filled with comfort and concern with it's twitchy nose and ears while it's small, puffy tail wiggled a bit before it once again curled itself into a ball and relaxed in his arms. Then a small sneeze that sounded more like a squeak came from the construct.

Shaun looked at Soleil once he was done, now speechless as he tried to collect everything he heard and process them so that he could speak. "I see...Now I know why...And I understand what you're going through. Even though you feel as though something bad isn't happening, there's still a part of you, a 'voice' as you will, that makes you think as though everything isn't fine. But even if that voice or your mother says otherwise, I want you to know as well as yourself to know that nothing is wrong with you.I want you to remember everything that I said during that night as well as now and forever:

There's nothing wrong, or naive, or weak about you. In fact, just talking about this now just shows that you're fighting. And even though you may be scared, just know that I will be there for you though thick and thin to make sure that you're safe. And even though me and everyone else are not always going to be there for you, I want you to be brave and push through and fight through this. Even if you don't like it or feel as though that voice or the world is out to fill you with despair, I want you to know that no matter what, be brave and do your very best. And if it doesn't happen today, than try again the next day. And the day after and after until you finally conquer it. Never give up, regardless of what your mother, someone else or that voice in your head say. It only starts and it only starts with yourself and the hope and love of everyone around you.

And like you care for your animal constructs and make them feel safe and will protect them, I want you to do the same to yourself. Because just like an animal construct: You will always be loved by a special someone, and that special someone is Soleil. Yourself. And for every construct you make and love, you put a bit of love and care into them as well as yourself. Never forget that." Shaun said sounding serious and passionate; even though it may have sounded like he was being redundant a bit, he was still trying to get the hang of what passion was, and thus repeated himself to make sure that he was heard and what he wanted was to be heard. And what he wanted was to Soleil to hear that he was a strong-willed person. He then quickly remember something. "Oh, and smile. Whether though the trials and joys of life, smile. Be happy, and most of all enjoy...You." He said looking at Sol with his soft purple eyes glistening with passion as well as tears. A small smile can be seen on his face. "If I can do it, than so can you. Like you told me: You're amazing a-and I want you to be happy."

Soleil listened to him, and cuddled the bunny as it squeaked in his arms. Once again he could not stop staring at Shaun's eyes. Being around his friend made him feel peace, like all of his anxiety and fear and concern was being swept away when he looked at him, when he spoke to him. Shaun told him to smile and to love himself, to take care of himself, to never give up. All of these things nobody had ever told him. To take care of himself and to be happy with himself, these ideas felt like home. They made him feel as though he was not required to be anything for anyone, to just be happy with who he was and with the beautiful things he was capable of making.

His own eyes now glistened with tears, and he held the bunny against his face, letting the tears soak its mana-fur as he let Shaun's words move through him. "...Th-Thank you..." he whispered, "...Thank you, Shaun...for everything...Y-You don't know how much...all of this means...s-so much to me...I-I've never loved myself or felt happy with myself...b-but...When you tell me I can do that...I-I want to...I really want to..." All of these happy feelings were overwhelming him, and he just wanted to drown in them and never float back to the surface, to the harsh world he would have to face when he left the cafeteria. He wanted to stay with Shaun and to feel happy. Just...happy.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Saldinado
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:28 am

Luminesa wrote:Soleil listened to him, and cuddled the bunny as it squeaked in his arms. Once again he could not stop staring at Shaun's eyes. Being around his friend made him feel peace, like all of his anxiety and fear and concern was being swept away when he looked at him, when he spoke to him. Shaun told him to smile and to love himself, to take care of himself, to never give up. All of these things nobody had ever told him. To take care of himself and to be happy with himself, these ideas felt like home. They made him feel as though he was not required to be anything for anyone, to just be happy with who he was and with the beautiful things he was capable of making.

His own eyes now glistened with tears, and he held the bunny against his face, letting the tears soak its mana-fur as he let Shaun's words move through him. "...Th-Thank you..." he whispered, "...Thank you, Shaun...for everything...Y-You don't know how much...all of this means...s-so much to me...I-I've never loved myself or felt happy with myself...b-but...When you tell me I can do that...I-I want to...I really want to..." All of these happy feelings were overwhelming him, and he just wanted to drown in them and never float back to the surface, to the harsh world he would have to face when he left the cafeteria. He wanted to stay with Shaun and to feel happy. Just...happy.

Shaun

Shaun nodded slowly as he thanked him. Even when not getting help from others, he'd seemed to still give help. Whether it was bad or good was up to how well he could understand and comprehend the situation at hand, and with Soleil, he fully understand every bit of what he said. And as long as he could make him or anyone else happy and feel good about themselves, than there was no need to be worried about one's self. No need to put his feelings and problems first. But as they talked about before, he has to in order to actually help them; this is going to be a long and truly great journey ahead of him if he were actually do that.

"Well for every time that you don't love yourself or feel as though you're not happy, I will be by your side to help you with this. Even if it may cost me in the long run, I will make you happy as well as everyone else happy. Because that's what makes me happy." Shaun the combed his hair once again before sitting back, now letting his introverted and socially awkward side take over. Now he had no idea what to say now after this. Furrowing his brow, he thought about what else was left in this type of stuff.

"So now what?" Shaun said with a witty smile. "I dunno what's next with these things. Usually the two people after doing this go to their rooms and have hot, passionate love; well at least in the movies and TV they do." He laughed. "But I don't believe that that will not be very suitable for us, so is there something else that I'm missing?"
You do you. And I'll do me. And we won't do each other. Probably.- Mark Fischbach

We all know that light travels faster than sound. That's why certain people appear bright until you hear them speak.- Albert Einstein

Living is like tearing through a museum. Not until later do you really start absorbing what you saw, thinking about it, looking it up in a book, and remembering-because you can't take it in all at once.- Audrey Hepburn

I believe that if life gives you lemons, you should make lemonade....And try to find someone whose life has given them vodka, and have a party.-Ron White

When life gives you lemonade, make lemons. Life will be all like 'whaaat?'-Phil Dunphy

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:37 am

Saldinado wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Soleil listened to him, and cuddled the bunny as it squeaked in his arms. Once again he could not stop staring at Shaun's eyes. Being around his friend made him feel peace, like all of his anxiety and fear and concern was being swept away when he looked at him, when he spoke to him. Shaun told him to smile and to love himself, to take care of himself, to never give up. All of these things nobody had ever told him. To take care of himself and to be happy with himself, these ideas felt like home. They made him feel as though he was not required to be anything for anyone, to just be happy with who he was and with the beautiful things he was capable of making.

Shaun

Shaun nodded slowly as he thanked him. Even when not getting help from others, he'd seemed to still give help. Whether it was bad or good was up to how well he could understand and comprehend the situation at hand, and with Soleil, he fully understand every bit of what he said. And as long as he could make him or anyone else happy and feel good about themselves, than there was no need to be worried about one's self. No need to put his feelings and problems first. But as they talked about before, he has to in order to actually help them; this is going to be a long and truly great journey ahead of him if he were actually do that.

"Well for every time that you don't love yourself or feel as though you're not happy, I will be by your side to help you with this. Even if it may cost me in the long run, I will make you happy as well as everyone else happy. Because that's what makes me happy." Shaun the combed his hair once again before sitting back, now letting his introverted and socially awkward side take over. Now he had no idea what to say now after this. Furrowing his brow, he thought about what else was left in this type of stuff.

"So now what?" Shaun said with a witty smile. "I dunno what's next with these things. Usually the two people after doing this go to their rooms and have hot, passionate love; well at least in the movies and TV they do." He laughed. "But I don't believe that that will not be very suitable for us, so is there something else that I'm missing?"

Soleil blushed brightly, and his eyes darted from side-to-side as he heard the mention of "hot, passionate love". Of course, Shaun was joking, but the idea still startled him a little. He then smiled and laughed a little. "Heheh...W-We did come here to eat...I guess we can do that...Th-Then maybe we can walk around the city...I-I can show you around..." he mumbled, a little uncertain. It was daytime, still, so hopefully most of the shady figures were hiding. Nobody would come for them in broad daylight, would they?
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Saldinado
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:57 am

Luminesa wrote:Soleil blushed brightly, and his eyes darted from side-to-side as he heard the mention of "hot, passionate love". Of course, Shaun was joking, but the idea still startled him a little. He then smiled and laughed a little. "Heheh...W-We did come here to eat...I guess we can do that...Th-Then maybe we can walk around the city...I-I can show you around..." he mumbled, a little uncertain. It was daytime, still, so hopefully most of the shady figures were hiding. Nobody would come for them in broad daylight, would they?

Shaun

Shaun stifled a giggled as he saw the blush on Soleil's face. Apparently he was not yet prepared to handle such a daunting task such as that; but what did he know? He could be the one that was a complete and utter freak in the sheets. Just thinking about his friend and something such as that made Shaun's face bright red as he laughed at his own thoughts. Composing himself, he heard what Soleil said about eating and taking a walk around the city and his eyes lit up brightly.

"Alright; that sounds like a plan. I need some fresh air anyway. Being stuck in a hotel for almost three days is literal hell." He laughed as he stroked the young fawn's cheek next to him. "So then...It's been nearly...a lot of hours since I'd had something to eat and worked out. I'm starting to slip." He then got up and leaned back on the edge of the table, and ran his hands through his hair while looking down at Sol and slyly smiling at him. "So...Care to come with me and eat?" He said in a soft, almost sensual tone before giving him a playful, yet suggestive wink.

Rhomaia
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhomaia » Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:34 am

Chrome Legion wrote:Catherine de Sanguine Vivere

Catherine strode confidently out in the the arena for her match, even though she didn't know what to expect from the mage facing her, she felt sure of her victory. She cast off her outer coat, wearing a finely embroidered vest. It covered her scars, for the most part, but her missing limb was obvious. It was both to free her from the constraints of fighting in the heavy fabric, and for something of a shock factor, hoping to catch her opponent off guard, or less willing to attack with her full strength. It seemed to work to a small degree, either that or the first few attacks were just tests. Catherine also slowly ramped up the intensity of her attacks, though she avoided drawing on Erebus except to weaken the light based attacks of her opponent, something that shouldn't be noticed by anyone.
There was one final cacophony of blows, Catherine's blood weapons meeting those glowing constructs of Andromeda's. Then it was over, Catherine's boot pressing into her throat. There was a urge to go further, to truly defeat the girl beneath her like Catherine had been months ago, to show her what real defeat was, what real pain was. Catherine walked away, having won her battle, if maybe not as completely as she was urged to. She rejoined Aria only three minutes after the duel had begun.

"Well, that wasn't particularly interesting. I suppose those with more talent will be coming up in the next matches. Looks like we both made it through will little trouble."

Aria

Giving Himiko a small wave goodbye as she presumably ran off to find her friend, Aria again turned her gaze to the ballroom floor, where the fighting was slowly dying down as matches were concluded. The beautiful, multicolored sparks that had lit up the room even more than the morning sun had eventually ceased to be after their casters were either defeated or simply sheathed their weapons. The victors of the matches walked away triumphantly while the loser returned to their teams, often with ashamed expressions upon their faces.

For most of the time, however, Aria's amber eyes had been drawn to Catherine's fight against one of the Italian mages, a small, blonde haired, green eyed girl who utilized sunlight to construct a defense against the blood mage's onslaught of sanguine blades. Her strength even now was plain to see, even if she was missing an arm and an eye, and Aria was able to admire her all the more for it.

Their match, though promising, was among the shortest in the first round, ending in a sound, nearly flawless victory, with Catherine's foot over the girl's neck. As she watched, Aria couldn't help but feel that it was a cruel way to end the match, and based on how the judges reacted by ushering her out of the ring, others saw the act in the same light.

'That night must still haunt her...Lynefleur was a Light mage, just like that girl was...It is sad to see, but one can still understand the motives behind it...'

'...I only hope that she can be safe here...That she can be happy, even if I'm still here. If nothing else, I will be there beside her for whatever comes next.'

Soon, however, she saw Catherine begin to walk towards her, putting a small smile on Aria's face. "I would hope there's more talented fighters in the next rounds. Our opponents were kind of pushovers, honestly, and I could do with a good challenge. Otherwise, this might just get boring after a while, even with all the glitz and glamour." she said with a small laugh, glad to see that her friend was doing as well as she was.
Last edited by Rhomaia on Sun Oct 16, 2016 10:35 am, edited 1 time in total.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Oct 16, 2016 11:13 am

Saldinado wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Soleil blushed brightly, and his eyes darted from side-to-side as he heard the mention of "hot, passionate love". Of course, Shaun was joking, but the idea still startled him a little. He then smiled and laughed a little. "Heheh...W-We did come here to eat...I guess we can do that...Th-Then maybe we can walk around the city...I-I can show you around..." he mumbled, a little uncertain. It was daytime, still, so hopefully most of the shady figures were hiding. Nobody would come for them in broad daylight, would they?

Shaun

Shaun stifled a giggled as he saw the blush on Soleil's face. Apparently he was not yet prepared to handle such a daunting task such as that; but what did he know? He could be the one that was a complete and utter freak in the sheets. Just thinking about his friend and something such as that made Shaun's face bright red as he laughed at his own thoughts. Composing himself, he heard what Soleil said about eating and taking a walk around the city and his eyes lit up brightly.

"Alright; that sounds like a plan. I need some fresh air anyway. Being stuck in a hotel for almost three days is literal hell." He laughed as he stroked the young fawn's cheek next to him. "So then...It's been nearly...a lot of hours since I'd had something to eat and worked out. I'm starting to slip." He then got up and leaned back on the edge of the table, and ran his hands through his hair while looking down at Sol and slyly smiling at him. "So...Care to come with me and eat?" He said in a soft, almost sensual tone before giving him a playful, yet suggestive wink.

Soleil giggled, going along with it for once. He was comfortable with Shaun, and so he did not mind the play-flirting. He then nodded and smiled. "...Okay..." With this he got up, still holding the bunny, and he looked outside. "...I-I honestly did not want to come back here...b-but...when I'm with you...a-and the others...I don't mind...I-I'm happy, as long as I'm with all of you..." he mumbled, as he turned and looked at Shaun. "Let's go. W-We have to be back for 10:30, right?...W-We have plenty of time..." he told him. It was strange, for Soleil to feel so open and calm with someone, especially considering how he had been in the last two days. Yet with Shaun, as with Kasumi, he felt he did not have to hide anything. He could be himself. He could be happy.
-Alan Jackson

Saldinado
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Sun Oct 16, 2016 12:05 pm

Luminesa wrote:Soleil giggled, going along with it for once. He was comfortable with Shaun, and so he did not mind the play-flirting. He then nodded and smiled. "...Okay..." With this he got up, still holding the bunny, and he looked outside. "...I-I honestly did not want to come back here...b-but...when I'm with you...a-and the others...I don't mind...I-I'm happy, as long as I'm with all of you..." he mumbled, as he turned and looked at Shaun. "Let's go. W-We have to be back for 10:30, right?...W-We have plenty of time..." he told him. It was strange, for Soleil to feel so open and calm with someone, especially considering how he had been in the last two days. Yet with Shaun, as with Kasumi, he felt he did not have to hide anything. He could be himself. He could be happy.

Shaun

"Aww. Well as long as you're happy and comfortable, there's nothing to worry about." Shaun said with sincerity carefully picking up the small fawn from it's spot. He was still scared of holding it and thus placed it on the ground so it can roam around by itself, plus get use to walking. Looking at Soleil, he nodded as he began walking. "Now let's bounce!" He said laughing. "Dominique taught me that." He laughed some more.

"Now don't hold back on me when we're eating. I want you to test your limits as well as your stomach! Make me proud; and if you feel as though you're full well then we'll train and work out and continue doing so until we can't do it anymore! That is if you want to." Shaun said laughing some more. It appeared that this talk was starting to take effect rather quickly; but he knew that it will be quite some time before he could do what Soleil said. Habits and routines are hard to break especially after doing them for most of your life.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Oct 16, 2016 2:28 pm

Saldinado wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Soleil giggled, going along with it for once. He was comfortable with Shaun, and so he did not mind the play-flirting. He then nodded and smiled. "...Okay..." With this he got up, still holding the bunny, and he looked outside. "...I-I honestly did not want to come back here...b-but...when I'm with you...a-and the others...I don't mind...I-I'm happy, as long as I'm with all of you..." he mumbled, as he turned and looked at Shaun. "Let's go. W-We have to be back for 10:30, right?...W-We have plenty of time..." he told him. It was strange, for Soleil to feel so open and calm with someone, especially considering how he had been in the last two days. Yet with Shaun, as with Kasumi, he felt he did not have to hide anything. He could be himself. He could be happy.

Shaun

"Aww. Well as long as you're happy and comfortable, there's nothing to worry about." Shaun said with sincerity carefully picking up the small fawn from it's spot. He was still scared of holding it and thus placed it on the ground so it can roam around by itself, plus get use to walking. Looking at Soleil, he nodded as he began walking. "Now let's bounce!" He said laughing. "Dominique taught me that." He laughed some more.

"Now don't hold back on me when we're eating. I want you to test your limits as well as your stomach! Make me proud; and if you feel as though you're full well then we'll train and work out and continue doing so until we can't do it anymore! That is if you want to." Shaun said laughing some more. It appeared that this talk was starting to take effect rather quickly; but he knew that it will be quite some time before he could do what Soleil said. Habits and routines are hard to break especially after doing them for most of your life.

"O-Oh no! You have to be careful with it!" Soleil knelt down quickly, picked-up his fawn, and he held it out to Shaun. It fit perfectly in Soleil's free hand, while he held the bunny with the other hand. "I-It's so small...if you put it on the ground he'll get lost and scared!...He needs you to hold him..." He then put the tiny creature carefully in Shaun's hand. "...There you go. Now we can go!" he told him. With this, he turned and led Shaun out of the cafeteria, smiling cheerfully for the first time in a couple of days.
-Alan Jackson

Saldinado
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:18 pm

Luminesa wrote:"O-Oh no! You have to be careful with it!" Soleil knelt down quickly, picked-up his fawn, and he held it out to Shaun. It fit perfectly in Soleil's free hand, while he held the bunny with the other hand. "I-It's so small...if you put it on the ground he'll get lost and scared!...He needs you to hold him..." He then put the tiny creature carefully in Shaun's hand. "...There you go. Now we can go!" he told him. With this, he turned and led Shaun out of the cafeteria, smiling cheerfully for the first time in a couple of days.

Shaun

Shaun was startled by the sudden exclamation of the timid boy as he feared something was wrong. Only to realized that he was talking about the fawn, for which he had a facial expression that was mix with a deapan and scowl. Holding his hand out for which Soleil placed the small creature in his hand, Shaun looked at it as he was still mortified to hold such a small creature as this. He sighed and rolled his eyes laughing as he saw the smile that was on his face, following the blonde-teen out of the cafe and towards wherever he was taking him.

While walking with Soleil, Shaun looked down at the small creature and whispered to it. "Well I do hope that you are comfortable in my arms, seeing as I'm your Holk to your Daisy." He laughed. "But don't get too comfortable with this. You're going to have to grow up soon. Nobody is going to be there to carry you wherever you go. You will have to be able to walk on your own, run on your own, and not be scared and lost. You can be sweet and graceful like you are now, but sooner or later, you will have to be strong and solid as a rock. Like an adult." Shaun said softly, yet assertively to the fawn as if it were his own child. He soon realized what he was saying and joculary sighed and shaking his head. "And this is what my life has come down to- talking to a construct as if it were a child. But, hey; it could be worst I guess."

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:29 pm

Saldinado wrote:
Luminesa wrote:"O-Oh no! You have to be careful with it!" Soleil knelt down quickly, picked-up his fawn, and he held it out to Shaun. It fit perfectly in Soleil's free hand, while he held the bunny with the other hand. "I-It's so small...if you put it on the ground he'll get lost and scared!...He needs you to hold him..." He then put the tiny creature carefully in Shaun's hand. "...There you go. Now we can go!" he told him. With this, he turned and led Shaun out of the cafeteria, smiling cheerfully for the first time in a couple of days.

Shaun

Shaun was startled by the sudden exclamation of the timid boy as he feared something was wrong. Only to realized that he was talking about the fawn, for which he had a facial expression that was mix with a deapan and scowl. Holding his hand out for which Soleil placed the small creature in his hand, Shaun looked at it as he was still mortified to hold such a small creature as this. He sighed and rolled his eyes laughing as he saw the smile that was on his face, following the blonde-teen out of the cafe and towards wherever he was taking him.

While walking with Soleil, Shaun looked down at the small creature and whispered to it. "Well I do hope that you are comfortable in my arms, seeing as I'm your Holk to your Daisy." He laughed. "But don't get too comfortable with this. You're going to have to grow up soon. Nobody is going to be there to carry you wherever you go. You will have to be able to walk on your own, run on your own, and not be scared and lost. You can be sweet and graceful like you are now, but sooner or later, you will have to be strong and solid as a rock. Like an adult." Shaun said softly, yet assertively to the fawn as if it were his own child. He soon realized what he was saying and joculary sighed and shaking his head. "And this is what my life has come down to- talking to a construct as if it were a child. But, hey; it could be worst I guess."

"I-I talk to all of mine like that too...I-I guess it happens when you've been lonely for so long...Y-You talk to little creatures and hope they will listen...and sometimes...I like to think that they do..." Soleil answered, now backing up so he could walk next to Shaun. "...And anyway...I don't think they grow...I-I've...heard of people trying to make constructs that can...grow and talk and think on their own...but I would never do that..." He frowned as he thought about it. "...That's Dark Magic...and I don't ever want to use Dark Magic...So I-I'm just happy with them as they are..." he answered. He then pet the bunny's head, as he continued to walk.

In response to Shaun, the baby fawn merely stared up at Shaun, as he spoke to it. It had grown comfortable with him, just as Soleil had grown comfortable. Now it sniffed Shaun's face, and then it licked him very slightly, showing it really did like him, and saw him as a gentle protector, just as it had seen Ruta as such. It then cuddled against his hand, curled up, and went to sleep.
-Alan Jackson

Saldinado
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Sun Oct 16, 2016 3:57 pm

Luminesa wrote:"I-I talk to all of mine like that too...I-I guess it happens when you've been lonely for so long...Y-You talk to little creatures and hope they will listen...and sometimes...I like to think that they do..." Soleil answered, now backing up so he could walk next to Shaun. "...And anyway...I don't think they grow...I-I've...heard of people trying to make constructs that can...grow and talk and think on their own...but I would never do that..." He frowned as he thought about it. "...That's Dark Magic...and I don't ever want to use Dark Magic...So I-I'm just happy with them as they are..." he answered. He then pet the bunny's head, as he continued to walk.

In response to Shaun, the baby fawn merely stared up at Shaun, as he spoke to it. It had grown comfortable with him, just as Soleil had grown comfortable. Now it sniffed Shaun's face, and then it licked him very slightly, showing it really did like him, and saw him as a gentle protector, just as it had seen Ruta as such. It then cuddled against his hand, curled up, and went to sleep.

Shaun

Shaun's face grew red as he felt the small fawn sniff and lick his face. He wasn't use to all of this cute, sweet stuff and thus, was completely awkward and embarrassed about it. As he saw the little thing curl in his arms and slept, Shaun listened to what Soleil was saying. He'd didn't think that he would hear him and was quite surprised by his response. Shyly smiling at him, he tried to reassure him.

"Oh, I do believe that they listen to us. Even if they don't really get a complete grip on how human communication works, they still know and understand us." Listening to him talk about how growing and talking constructs equate to Dark Magic, he began thinking about it only to shrug his shoulders. "Eh, alright. If you say so."

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:05 pm

Saldinado wrote:
Luminesa wrote:"I-I talk to all of mine like that too...I-I guess it happens when you've been lonely for so long...Y-You talk to little creatures and hope they will listen...and sometimes...I like to think that they do..." Soleil answered, now backing up so he could walk next to Shaun. "...And anyway...I don't think they grow...I-I've...heard of people trying to make constructs that can...grow and talk and think on their own...but I would never do that..." He frowned as he thought about it. "...That's Dark Magic...and I don't ever want to use Dark Magic...So I-I'm just happy with them as they are..." he answered. He then pet the bunny's head, as he continued to walk.

Shaun

Shaun's face grew red as he felt the small fawn sniff and lick his face. He wasn't use to all of this cute, sweet stuff and thus, was completely awkward and embarrassed about it. As he saw the little thing curl in his arms and slept, Shaun listened to what Soleil was saying. He'd didn't think that he would hear him and was quite surprised by his response. Shyly smiling at him, he tried to reassure him.

"Oh, I do believe that they listen to us. Even if they don't really get a complete grip on how human communication works, they still know and understand us." Listening to him talk about how growing and talking constructs equate to Dark Magic, he began thinking about it only to shrug his shoulders. "Eh, alright. If you say so."

Soleil nodded. This made sense. The little fawn seemed to always respond to Soleil's emotions, either copying them or relating to them in some way. It seemed to be vaguely aware of what was happening around it, to the point that it saw Shaun and recognized him as another presence, as a human protector like its own creator.

However, seeing Shaun shrug-off his serious inhibition about creating dark constructs, he frowned slightly. Shaun might not have understood this, but Soleil knew all too well how often Dark Mages attempted to create life in illegal ways, usually by sacrificing others penny causing some sort of chaos in order to bring them to birth. The Rise himself had no intention-and possibly no inclination-toward making such things, as he was a Light Mage by birth, which was probably more of a mystery than anything his family tried to create through Mage.

Anyway, as he walked with Shaun, he looked around him at the beautiful city, and wondered where he would take Shaun. "...So what do you want to see? I-I know where mostly everything is..." he mumbled.
Last edited by Luminesa on Sun Oct 16, 2016 4:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Alan Jackson

Chrome Legion
Senator

Founded: Nov 18, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Chrome Legion » Sun Oct 16, 2016 7:59 pm

Catherine de Sanguine Vivere

Catherine caught a hit of worry on Aria's face, and looked back over to wear the girl she had just defeated was now standing. She looked a little bit down but otherwise fine, already talking to one of her other classmates. Unlike most others, Catherine hadn't left Andromeda unconscious, instead just forcing her to surrender. It might have looked pretty harsh, her standing there planting the boot in the other girl's neck. Maybe part of the reason she had done that was to humiliate, to dominate her opponent, but there was also a much more reasonable explanation.

"I guess it might have looked a bit... I don't know, too much to have ended the fight that way, but I needed to keep a free hand in case she was feinting to defend my self, and I didn't want to expose my self by bending over her, so I didn't really have much of an option. Least she walked out of the arena on her own, as embarrassed as she might have been." After reassuring herself that she had a good reason to act as she did, she responded to Aria. "I think, as hard as it might have been to go through, our experiences have given us an advantage. Not just knowing how to really fight, but knowing that we have to keep pushing our selves to be stronger. I don't think many of the people her have had the same pressure on them to keep growing in strength, maybe at worst just had their parent get angry at them if they're not advancing fast enough. We, and the other students at Mana know there's more at stake, our lives could and have depended on how well we're able to fight how strong we are with our magic."

Annice Null

Annice felt something touching her, but couldn't place it, it was like she was being held everywhere at once, but at the same time that there was no one there. Everything was so strange, her mind didn't have the vocabulary to describe what she was feeling. She just curled up tighter at the touch, mumbling random assortments of words from the languages she knew, they all swirled together with out meaning in her head.
The year’s at the spring,
And day’s at the morn;
Morning’s at seven;
The hill-side’s dew-pearled;
The lark’s on the wing;
The snail’s on the thorn;
God’s in His heaven—
All’s right with the world!

hi!

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:12 pm

Charlia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Of course, as soon as she finally fell apart, he was there to catch her. He hugged her and held her tightly in return, in front of the painting. He felt he himself was breaking inside. Had he really told her everything? Had he really lost himself so deeply in moment like that, for someone who hardly understood what he was saying? He had, and it had left him almost as exhausted as she was. "...There we go, Hikari-san...Come away from him..come to us...come to me...I do not ask anything of you, not even for you to understand...Just know, I would destroy anyone who ever tried to do anything like that to you ever again...As long as you are at Mana, I will make sure you never suffer like that...Not by anyone..." he whispered to her.
"...Okay... Okay... I trust you... not to let anyone do that to me again..." She clung tightly to him, like she had the first time she'd confessed her secrets and the dark seeds of shame she held in her heart.

'Course you trust him. But do you trust yourself? I don't. I think you'll throw yourself at whoever you think will love you. You don't know how to love anyone except by giving them your body. That's all you've ever known. 'Cause you're a stupid, stupid whore. And you should die, die, die the way you're supposed to. So you don't contaminate anyone else with your filth.

"I won't. I promise. I will die myself before I let anyone hurt you like that again," Rabbit whispered to her. He was finally cooling down inside, though he still heard the voice in his own mind as well. Why do I even bother? You give and you give and you give, and look how they treat you. You're nothing to them but a crutch. A footstool for them to fall on, a mattress and pillow. She doesn't even understand half of what you just foolishly told her. Why do you care so much? Is this how you want to die, completely empty and with nothing left to yourself, murdered by your love for people who could hardly care less? He did not answer his own question. He felt he knew the answer, and simply continued to hug Hikari.
-Alan Jackson

The Dystopian Isles of Frisct
Minister

Founded: Nov 04, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Dystopian Isles of Frisct » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:17 pm

As the fighting was drawing to a close, Achinar headed to the ballroom to see if he could find the students of Mana. It had been so long since he had last seen any of them, and he was keen on knowing what all had taken place in his absence.

The area was crowded, as it should be considering the context of the situation. He tried to get around the center of the crowds that had swarmed the area, and decided to do a little magic that might attract the attention of the students of Mana. He generated a softly glowing, white ball of electricity of his hand, and slowly it made its way up high into the air, making an attempt to at least notify his old students that he was there watching.

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:31 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Charlia wrote:"...Okay... Okay... I trust you... not to let anyone do that to me again..." She clung tightly to him, like she had the first time she'd confessed her secrets and the dark seeds of shame she held in her heart.

'Course you trust him. But do you trust yourself? I don't. I think you'll throw yourself at whoever you think will love you. You don't know how to love anyone except by giving them your body. That's all you've ever known. 'Cause you're a stupid, stupid whore. And you should die, die, die the way you're supposed to. So you don't contaminate anyone else with your filth.

"I won't. I promise. I will die myself before I let anyone hurt you like that again," Rabbit whispered to her. He was finally cooling down inside, though he still heard the voice in his own mind as well. Why do I even bother? You give and you give and you give, and look how they treat you. You're nothing to them but a crutch. A footstool for them to fall on, a mattress and pillow. She doesn't even understand half of what you just foolishly told her. Why do you care so much? Is this how you want to die, completely empty and with nothing left to yourself, murdered by your love for people who could hardly care less? He did not answer his own question. He felt he knew the answer, and simply continued to hug Hikari.
"You don't need to die," Hikari said quietly, and then let go of him. You don't need to die, because I'll die first.

There's some intelligence! People need Rabbit more than they need you, of course. You're not a complete idiot, I suppose.

I do know some things. Even if they are only the obvious things.

"...Let's go back to the hotel," she muttered. "Natalie's probably wondering where we are, if she isn't still eating her sandwiches."

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Oct 16, 2016 8:50 pm

Charlia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:"I won't. I promise. I will die myself before I let anyone hurt you like that again," Rabbit whispered to her. He was finally cooling down inside, though he still heard the voice in his own mind as well. Why do I even bother? You give and you give and you give, and look how they treat you. You're nothing to them but a crutch. A footstool for them to fall on, a mattress and pillow. She doesn't even understand half of what you just foolishly told her. Why do you care so much? Is this how you want to die, completely empty and with nothing left to yourself, murdered by your love for people who could hardly care less? He did not answer his own question. He felt he knew the answer, and simply continued to hug Hikari.
"You don't need to die," Hikari said quietly, and then let go of him. You don't need to die, because I'll die first.

There's some intelligence! People need Rabbit more than they need you, of course. You're not a complete idiot, I suppose.

"...Let's go back to the hotel," she muttered. "Natalie's probably wondering where we are, if she isn't still eating her sandwiches."

Rabbit nodded, and smiled at the idea of Natalie happily nomming away at her sandwiches. "Of course. Follow me again, dear," he told her. He was a little sad that the museum trip had not gone all the way according to plan, but he was happy that he was able to at least speak to her. She was able to get out and away from everything for just a little while. He then turned and he began to walk, though not ahead of her now. Now he walked with her, so he would not lose sight of her. After she had fallen into his arms and hugged him, he knew he had to remain close to her, to make sure she was okay. "...I am...sorry that this was not of any help to you...I simply wanted to find a way to...connect with you..." he explained, wistfully.
-Alan Jackson

Saldinado
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:03 pm

Luminesa wrote:Soleil nodded. This made sense. The little fawn seemed to always respond to Soleil's emotions, either copying them or relating to them in some way. It seemed to be vaguely aware of what was happening around it, to the point that it saw Shaun and recognized him as another presence, as a human protector like its own creator.

However, seeing Shaun shrug-off his serious inhibition about creating dark constructs, he frowned slightly. Shaun might not have understood this, but Soleil knew all too well how often Dark Mages attempted to create life in illegal ways, usually by sacrificing others penny causing some sort of chaos in order to bring them to birth. The Rise himself had no intention-and possibly no inclination-toward making such things, as he was a Light Mage by birth, which was probably more of a mystery than anything his family tried to create through Mage.

Anyway, as he walked with Shaun, he looked around him at the beautiful city, and wondered where he would take Shaun. "...So what do you want to see? I-I know where mostly everything is..." he mumbled.

Shaun

"What do I want to see? Well I don't want to see everything that a tourist sees; that's not experiencing what this city has to offer for a foreigner such as me. I want to go off the beaten path, go to where the locals eat, where they enjoy the music and art, and overall have a good time. Feel like I actually belong here besides being some weird tourist.

But the problem is is that I stick out like a sore thumb. With this white hair and violet eyes. I feel as though people are watching me...Judging me every step I take." Shaun said softly and a little nervous. He then looked at Soleil and placed his hand on his shoulder while bringing his other hand closer to his chest to protect the small fawn in his hand.

"I have a question; do you think that I am able to be myself here? Anywhere without having someone to look at me funny or talk behind my back? Do you think that I am an embarrassment to you when people see us together? As if I'm a freak and you're a normal human being?" He said quieter as he looked down at the ground, dejected.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:13 pm

Saldinado wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Soleil nodded. This made sense. The little fawn seemed to always respond to Soleil's emotions, either copying them or relating to them in some way. It seemed to be vaguely aware of what was happening around it, to the point that it saw Shaun and recognized him as another presence, as a human protector like its own creator.

Shaun

"What do I want to see? Well I don't want to see everything that a tourist sees; that's not experiencing what this city has to offer for a foreigner such as me. I want to go off the beaten path, go to where the locals eat, where they enjoy the music and art, and overall have a good time. Feel like I actually belong here besides being some weird tourist.

But the problem is is that I stick out like a sore thumb. With this white hair and violet eyes. I feel as though people are watching me...Judging me every step I take." Shaun said softly and a little nervous. He then looked at Soleil and placed his hand on his shoulder while bringing his other hand closer to his chest to protect the small fawn in his hand.
She o
"I have a question; do you think that I am able to be myself here? Anywhere without having someone to look at me funny or talk behind my back? Do you think that I am an embarrassment to you when people see us together? As if I'm a freak and you're a normal human being?" He said quieter as he looked down at the ground, dejected.

Soleil stared at him, worried. He stopped next to him, as Shaun put a hand on his shoulder. "...N-No! Please, stop beating yourself down like this! Y-You're not a freak! You're wonderful and kind and caring...I-I don't care what anyone else says about you...I like you for you...D-Don't be like me...Don't...be afraid to be yourself...t-to like yourself...D-Don't listen to the voice in your head that says you're a freak...o-or a creep...Y-You're a good person, and you need to believe that!" he implored of him. Shaun seemed to have nothing but sad things to say about himself, and yet he was so sweet, so mysterious, so caring...so many good things.
-Alan Jackson

Saldinado
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Saldinado » Sun Oct 16, 2016 9:50 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Soleil stared at him, worried. He stopped next to him, as Shaun put a hand on his shoulder. "...N-No! Please, stop beating yourself down like this! Y-You're not a freak! You're wonderful and kind and caring...I-I don't care what anyone else says about you...I like you for you...D-Don't be like me...Don't...be afraid to be yourself...t-to like yourself...D-Don't listen to the voice in your head that says you're a freak...o-or a creep...Y-You're a good person, and you need to believe that!" he implored of him. Shaun seemed to have nothing but sad things to say about himself, and yet he was so sweet, so mysterious, so caring...so many good things.

Shaun

Shaun flinched at the sudden exclamation of Soleil before hearing everything that he was saying. As he did, he tried to do what he said; try to like himself. He didn't know if that was even possible to do that. After all that he did in his past and who he is now, what was there to like about himself? To him, all of his innocence is long gone as he was a creep, a freak that was a disgrace to society and an embarrassment to himself. What good was there left in him that Soleil and everyone else found in him that was so special? However, there was something that caught his attention: What did he mean by don't be like him? He was afraid of himself?

This caused him to look down at him and raise an eyebrow at him. "What? What do you mean by that? By 'Don't be like me'?" He said quietly and softly. "Don't say that. There's nothing wrong with you. I've told you this so many times before that there was nothing wrong. There's nothing about you that you need be afraid to feel this way, do you hear me?" It was quite the irony to hear Shaun talk this way to Soleil and others, yet when it came to Soleil and everyone else saying the same things to him, he didn't believe them. He didn't even believe himself when he tried to say those words.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Oct 17, 2016 4:32 am

Saldinado wrote:
Luminesa wrote:

Shaun

Shaun flinched at the sudden exclamation of Soleil before hearing everything that he was saying. As he did, he tried to do what he said; try to like himself. He didn't know if that was even possible to do that. After all that he did in his past and who he is now, what was there to like about himself? To him, all of his innocence is long gone as he was a creep, a freak that was a disgrace to society and an embarrassment to himself. What good was there left in him that Soleil and everyone else found in him that was so special? However, there was something that caught his attention: What did he mean by don't be like him? He was afraid of himself?

This caused him to look down at him and raise an eyebrow at him. "What? What do you mean by that? By 'Don't be like me'?" He said quietly and softly. "Don't say that. There's nothing wrong with you. I've told you this so many times before that there was nothing wrong. There's nothing about you that you need be afraid to feel this way, do you hear me?" It was quite the irony to hear Shaun talk this way to Soleil and others, yet when it came to Soleil and everyone else saying the same things to him, he didn't believe them. He didn't even believe himself when he tried to say those words.

Soleil heard Shaun's voice become urgent, as he told him he needed to follow his own advice and love himself. "...I-I...I want to love myself...b-but it's just hard...I-I've never done it before...I've always been scared to...but I want to make you happy, and I want to be happy...s-so...I want to try..." he answered, smiling slightly. "...I want to try...for you...because you're such a good friend to me..." Meanwhile, the little fawn in Shaun's arms looked up at Shaun again, and it now cuddled its tiny head against the boy's chest and went to sleep. "...Heh...I-I do need to follow my own advice...don't I?" he whispered, ashamed of himself.
-Alan Jackson

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:14 am

Luminesa wrote:
Charlia wrote:"You don't need to die," Hikari said quietly, and then let go of him. You don't need to die, because I'll die first.

Rabbit nodded, and smiled at the idea of Natalie happily nomming away at her sandwiches. "Of course. Follow me again, dear," he told her. He was a little sad that the museum trip had not gone all the way according to plan, but he was happy that he was able to at least speak to her. She was able to get out and away from everything for just a little while. He then turned and he began to walk, though not ahead of her now. Now he walked with her, so he would not lose sight of her. After she had fallen into his arms and hugged him, he knew he had to remain close to her, to make sure she was okay. "...I am...sorry that this was not of any help to you...I simply wanted to find a way to...connect with you..." he explained, wistfully.
"...It's fine," she said quietly. "It's not your fault."

...We both know whose fault it really is.

Yes. We do.

Once they arrived back at the hotel, Hikari made her way to the dining room, where, sure enough, Natalie was stuffing herself with grilled cheese sandwiches, looking completely lost in the blissful taste. Hikari just shook her head and smiled.

Never change, Natalie. Never change.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:22 am

Charlia wrote:
Luminesa wrote:Rabbit nodded, and smiled at the idea of Natalie happily nomming away at her sandwiches. "Of course. Follow me again, dear," he told her. He was a little sad that the museum trip had not gone all the way according to plan, but he was happy that he was able to at least speak to her. She was able to get out and away from everything for just a little while. He then turned and he began to walk, though not ahead of her now. Now he walked with her, so he would not lose sight of her. After she had fallen into his arms and hugged him, he knew he had to remain close to her, to make sure she was okay. "...I am...sorry that this was not of any help to you...I simply wanted to find a way to...connect with you..." he explained, wistfully.
"...It's fine," she said quietly. "It's not your fault."

Yes. We do.

Once they arrived back at the hotel, Hikari made her way to the dining room, where, sure enough, Natalie was stuffing herself with grilled cheese sandwiches, looking completely lost in the blissful taste. Hikari just shook her head and smiled.

Rabbit let Hikari go her own way, and then he stood in the empty hallway. Almost everyone was off doing something on their own. He suddenly felt the emptiness, the lifelessness, overtake him for just a moment. Yet after a few seconds, he realized he could not let it control him, and he shook it off. He had things he had to accomplish-the emptiness could wait for nighttime, perhaps. Maybe not even then. He had to keep himself as busy as possible, to keep that black night at bay. Remembering the vial in his robes, he headed through the hotel and eventually found Henry's room. Knocking on the door, he spoke to the person within, "Henry. I found the poison, and I have it." He spoke very quietly, hoping nobody else would hear him.
-Alan Jackson

Kingdom of Irhk
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 30, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kingdom of Irhk » Mon Oct 17, 2016 7:52 am

Luminesa wrote:
Charlia wrote:"...It's fine," she said quietly. "It's not your fault."

Yes. We do.

Rabbit let Hikari go her own way, and then he stood in the empty hallway. Almost everyone was off doing something on their own. He suddenly felt the emptiness, the lifelessness, overtake him for just a moment. Yet after a few seconds, he realized he could not let it control him, and he shook it off. He had things he had to accomplish-the emptiness could wait for nighttime, perhaps. Maybe not even then. He had to keep himself as busy as possible, to keep that black night at bay. Remembering the vial in his robes, he headed through the hotel and eventually found Henry's room. Knocking on the door, he spoke to the person within, "Henry. I found the poison, and I have it." He spoke very quietly, hoping nobody else would hear him.

Henry Von Kressel

When Henry opened it, he was already without the black scaled armor, adopting his usual looks to rest from the fight, except that he was shirtless and small bandages could be seen where the bullets hit, contrasting with the big scar on his chest and the smaller ones at his arms and shoulder.

"Please Rabbit, do enter."

Soon as the Professor entered in his room, he took the small vial from the hand of the masked teacher, placing it on a nearby table and opening it. He observed the translucid liquid without any smell, and tried to remember his lessons in Alchemy.

From the wardrobe, four groups of documents appeared. Selecting two of them, Henry started his investigative work looking at the photos of the poisoned opponents. Sitting down in a nearby chair for a few minutes, he eventually got up from it, sharing his conclusions with Rabbit.

"Drowned Man in doses that aren't lethal. The name is suggestive and you might've heard it before. It causes asphyxia from inside the body, altering or even blocking the transport of oxygen through the body, be it by the organs, the blood, or both. This one was done to work until the body faints, then he effect wears off in enough time to make the person live."

Taking part of the photos that were with the documents, Henry showed them to Rabbit as someone that tried to prove his theory.

"See? This is one when the person faints. You can see that the weapon was already on the ground, both of his hands extended. It wasn't Anatoly he was trying to reach. It was air he was trying to reach. The second one, here. You can see that she have her eyes completely on Anatoly in the first photos. In the last one, however, her eyes are wandering the arena. It's... Desperation, I'd say."

Taking a deep breath, Henry finally concluded his line of logic.

"He won't use it on me. He's too prideful to know that someone could find out and discredit his victory. But I can't say the same about the other students."
Nothing to see here, move along.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse