NATION

PASSWORD

Emergence: A Superhero rp (OOC, Sign-ups, Semi-Open.)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Freelancers do you wish to do your own stuff, or have an NPC that gives jobs.

Do own stuff.
12%
NPC's that give jobs.
20%
A little of both.
36%
LEEEEEERRRRROOY JENKINS!!
32%

Total votes : 25

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:46 pm

I will gt responses up in the Morning.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Founded: May 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:51 pm

You gonna follow through with your idea for me?
Or should we just consider it "done"
It appears I'm an INTP-T. You're not gonna get much more about me.
Wenglesy wrote:Might as well submit now to the obviously superior forces of Legyon fun Genital.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:53 pm

The Olog-Hai wrote:You gonna follow through with your idea for me?

We can consider it done, just keep the specifics vague, for It will be mentioned in my posts/responses. What better way to end a Bank Robbery than to release a Dangerous Meta.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:00 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
The Olog-Hai wrote:You gonna follow through with your idea for me?

We can consider it done, just keep the specifics vague, for It will be mentioned in my posts/responses. What better way to end a Bank Robbery than to release a Dangerous Meta.

Oh, yes indeed.
I'll post sometime tomorrow. Mebbe.
Wenglesy wrote:Might as well submit now to the obviously superior forces of Legyon fun Genital.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:02 pm

Bycrest the robbery already happened, several hours before.

You could have a several hours timeskip and then have jaspar start probing the Warehouse security, if that would work.

Vulnier
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulnier » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:03 pm

App:
Name: Isiah Fredrick
Alias/Desalination: Gone
Race: Meta
Personality: He is an up beat, chill kind of guy who goes with the flow. Although, he does prefers to be alone and isn't that trusting of people.
Appearance:

Affiliation: Freelancer
Powers/Skills:
Teleportation. Can teleport parts of his body short distances. But himself, can travel either short or long distances.

Teleportation Combat. Although rare, he does use a knife. Which brings me to the skills.
Melee weapons, parkour, and knows his way around a fight.
Weaknesses: When fighting, his teleportation has a pattern which can be exploited when learned. Using teleportation to many times can tire him out. Also, he's still human.
Backstory: Isiah was born a single child to parents who's financial situation was not so great, causing them to have to live in the not so bright side of Los Angeles. But despite of this, his early life was relatively normal with the exception of Isiah getting into some strange places around their relatively small house, which his parents shrugged off as him being an adventurous child. By age 10 though, his family got into a fatal car crash driving around the town, killing both his parents instantly. But Isiah was no where to be found among the wreckage, instead being found wandering downtown, asking where his parents were. Before police told him the bad news, they asked him how he survived the wreck, to which Isiah responded he simply just 'thought' of another place to be before the fatal crash. The police just shrugged it off and put in their report that he survived the crash and proceeded to wander until they arrived.

With no credible guardian or family to take care of him, he was sent to an orphanage. During those days, he silently mourned and wondered if he could have saved them. Unfortunately, this only lasted for a few months before he started to hang out with the wrong people, who promised many things which appealed to Isiah. Until by age 12, he was apart of a small hoodlum gang in the orphanage. At first it was small stuff, graffiti, loitering, and the occasional vandalism. But as Isiah grew older, so did the gang and its activities as they grew more serious. And by age 19, they were on the streets part of a gang who's people didn't mess around. All the while, Isiah trained himself to use his power to help in the gang related crimes.

At age 21, Isiah had a epiphany when he was tasked of getting a package from a cemetery. He found the package, right between two grave stones, his parents grave stones. He then started to question himself about what he was doing with his life, and what his parents would think if they saw him now and of his actions. With these thoughts in mind, he disappeared from his gang, his power making it easy to do so. And since then, he's been trying to find redemption in his past actions by helping various organizations with his power, but never working for them.
Optional:(The Below are optional and are added for enjoyment.)
Theme Song:
D&D Alignment: Neutral Good
Last edited by Vulnier on Wed Apr 20, 2016 7:23 am, edited 5 times in total.
I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year.

- Charles Dickens
Patience is a virtue
-Unknown

Bycrest
Senator

Founded: Dec 05, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Bycrest » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:07 pm

Shadowwell wrote:Bycrest the robbery already happened, several hours before.

You could have a several hours timeskip and then have jaspar start probing the Warehouse security, if that would work.

Okay. How tough would the security be?
I believe that madness can find more madness, and that every ounce of madness has a spark of truth. And truth, as you know, has a way of depressing people who don't want to find it.

No one is 100% honest... We all keep 20% of the truth from the world, to protect ourselves & sometimes others.

RP Sample

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:11 pm

Bycrest wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:Bycrest the robbery already happened, several hours before.

Okay. How tough would the security be?

I would say probably good, Meaning jasper wont be able to get through quickly. Their are hidden camera's and sensors near everywhere, there is also a sophisticated field set up to make the Warehouse look abandoned. Jasper could be following the Signal Sparky puts out and then start in on the Warehouse. Whatever you decide i probably will go along with it as long as it isn't too ridiculous.
However you could wait till I post and i could Have Sparky sense an intrusion into the Warehouses system, the you could introduce Jasper if you wish.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Apr 12, 2016 8:24 pm

I May be adding more character of my own (Actual newbies rather than established Meta's) but that can wait.

Cuprum I believe i said in a post earlier where every cahracter should start, However I will allow this if you change the end of your post to reflect the fact that they are heading to the Warehouse meeting. Regardless consider this your first warning, What you typed could be considered a major event, and i dont like those to happen without my knowledge or say so. Also it would be nice if you specified where turlock was in the post, (I know it is in cali but still).
Last edited by Shadowwell on Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Flammaland
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flammaland » Wed Apr 13, 2016 4:17 am

App:
Name: Sam Forester
Alias/Designation: Manaha
Personality: Generally fairly quiet and reserved, not liking to get close to people in case she accidentally kills them while in wendigo form. In said form, she is a brutal hunter, killing anything that gets in her way and tearing her enemies apart.
Appearance:
Normal:

Costumed:

Affiliation: Freelance
Powers: Supernatural speed, dexterity, strength, durability etc, enhanced bite, natural weaponry (teeth and claws) supernatural senses. (Must be in wendigo form)
Skills: Marksmanship, hand to hand combat training, general survival skills.
Weaknesses: Fire, needs to eat human flesh to survive, wendigo can overpower her mind.
Backstory: Sam was born into a relatively wealthy family in London, who took her on a trip to America when she was a child. That was when a long hidden part of her genetics triggered something within her and transformed her into a monster. She slaughtered her family and fled into the wilderness. Eventually, she began to control the “wendigo”, and learnt to control it, turning back into a human, although she still could eat nothing but human flesh.
She could no longer return to England, so she stayed in America, where an expert in Meta human genetics who found her stealing corpses from a graveyard taught her a little about how to better control the wendigo. Sam decided to use her powers to try and do some good for the world, but all the while she knew that using the wendigo would be dangerous, so she trained to become a marksman and picked up some hand to hand fighting training on the way. She uses the wendigo when she can’t shoot, stab or punch her way out of her problems.

Optional:
Theme Song: The Savage Side of Me
D&D Alignment: Chaotic neutral
Last edited by Flammaland on Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:54 am, edited 4 times in total.
I'm on AEST time zone so I probably won't reply to posts or TMs until what most of you consider very late at night.

My Nationstates nation does not reflect my actual views etc.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:44 am

Flammaland wrote:~snip~

I will accept this though some changes must be made. If you can Logically explain it, without using terms like magic I can accept it, if you are having trouble, TG me. The second or third OP post should have some lore you could use. Same goes for you Orles, though i apprecieate the changes you made.

I will get responses to Ic posts up later, as for the next hour or several i will only have a phone and would rather not post like that.

Anowa, is iron already hired out, Or could Aegis discover him then offer?
Saying that the information was leaked to him as an invitation of sorts. We can discuss it through Tg.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:19 am, edited 3 times in total.

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Wed Apr 13, 2016 1:07 pm

I hath posted.
Is it good?

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:03 pm

The Olog-Hai wrote:I hath posted.
Is it good?

Looks good Olog.

I will start getting responses out shortly, sorry for the wait.

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:07 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
The Olog-Hai wrote:I hath posted.
Is it good?

Looks good Olog.

I will start getting responses out shortly, sorry for the wait.

It's all right.
Take your time, I need to work on posts for a few other RPs.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:29 pm

I have half the post doen and saved as a draft, will finish the rest adn get it posted later.

Flammaland
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 17, 2011
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Flammaland » Wed Apr 13, 2016 5:31 pm

Shadowwell wrote:

I will accept this though some changes must be made. If you can Logically explain it, without using terms like magic I can accept it, if you are having trouble, TG me. The second or third OP post should have some lore you could use.

Made the edits
I'm on AEST time zone so I probably won't reply to posts or TMs until what most of you consider very late at night.

My Nationstates nation does not reflect my actual views etc.

The Landfish Colonies
Ambassador

Founded: Sep 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Landfish Colonies » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:03 pm

tagged. I might apply but I'm not sure yet
Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. - Mark Twain
Embassy Program
Proud member of The Anti Democracy League
Resident of the Unified Coalition of Nations
Me OOC
Artwork made for the Landfish Empire

Shark isle
Senator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:50 pm

Can I make a guy who can manipulate technology ?
Last edited by Shark isle on Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Wed Apr 13, 2016 6:56 pm

Shark isle wrote:Can I make a guy who can manipulate technology ?

We have an expert hacker already, but no guy like that.
I don't have any authority atm, so that's all I can say.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:39 pm

Shark isle wrote:Can I make a guy who can manipulate technology ?

It depends, as for Pc's we got an expert hacker with a digital form (Jaspar), an Android who isnt bad at hacking either(Sai), and there is an Npc for Khaos that has Tech and Electricity manipulation, And i will be making another NPC who is a part of the Organization who has all sorts of tech and science related powers.

So in short yes you could but others are already using similar abilities. So i would suggest you not make a tech manipulator.

Flammaland wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:

I will accept this though some changes must be made. If you can Logically explain it, without using terms like magic I can accept it, if you are having trouble, TG me. The second or third OP post should have some lore you could use.

Made the edits

Will take a look shortly.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:45 pm

Looks good now appreciate the changes, (you might want to change the sebastien in the Bio, though, lol) I will put it in the character list shortly.
Last edited by Shadowwell on Wed Apr 13, 2016 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:37 pm

App:
Name: Alexander Carmichael
Alias/Designation: Osteo
Personality: Alexander is a well based fellow, he sees the world in a viewpoint that it's best to do things while you still can, and is quite pleasant to be around. He is the kind of man who would help out at soup kitchens and at food drives if he had the time.
Appearance:
Battle form
Normal Form... It usually comes with a shirt.
Affiliation: Aegis
Powers/Skills:
PowersSkillsWeaknesses: Alexander's caloric intake is obscene, requiring almost 10,000 calories a day to remain in a condition in which his powers can be used to an effective extent. Using his powers drains his energy fairly quickly, unless he's using them to absorb living tissue in which case it's a trade off. His biggest weakness however is his family, while their location is his best kept secret, they are not impossible to find and if any harm befell them he wouldn't be able to deal with the guilt.

Backstory: Born in Southern California to a ranching family, Alexander's life was rather bland, and he wasn't a very academic person despite taking in information like a sponge. He showed quite an interest in biology for his own reasons, which he himself never fully understood. Although he showed an interest in the subject he never really took to it, not understanding certain concepts or just not getting what was taught. Little did he know, this was all foreshadowing events that would occur later in his life. When he graduated high school he had goals of attending university, but his family lacked the funds to send him there. So he did the next best thing, and joined the Marine Corp purely for their scholarship programs.

Needless to say he succeeded in his goal, and was deployed to Afghanistan in early 2005. Eventually Alexander's goals changed and he decided to try and make a career of the military. During home leave between 2006 and 2010 Alexander went through the process of meeting a woman, marrying her, and finally having a child with the woman in 2011. They remain married to this day.

On the eve of a rather memorable night in 2016, Alexander and his platoon were attacked in a roadside ambush. The IED which stopped his convoy detonated under the vehicle he was traveling in. Miraculously he survived, unfortunately he was left for dead when his platoon escaped once believing he was dead. Upon being captured by the Taliban he endured over six months of torture -in which videos were recorded and demands for Taliban prisoners to be released- before he was finally executed... or so they thought. As his neck spilled over with blood, a suppressed gene within him finally awoke, and he healed the wounds while simultaneously created a shroud of nigh impenetrable bone around his body. Through the course of four hours he massacred the camp before wandering off, hoping to find a friendly patrol.

It took almost a day, but he found one, and was whisked away to a nearby FOB. He had suffered starvation and extreme weight loss, and his metabolism had jumped exponentially. Upon reporting his Meta-Human abilities, he was shipped home to recuperate. For his actions he was awarded the POW medallion, the Purple Heart, and -upon confirmation that the camp he was kept at was in fact destroyed- has been recommended for the Medal of Honor.

He has since returned home after receiving a medical discharge due to his calorie requirements. He was discharged with the rank of Corporal. Recently he has signed up with Aegis, because in his eyes the supervillains of his home are just power hungry terrorists.
Optional:
Theme Song:Sabaton - In the Name of God
D&D Alignment:Neutral Good
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:48 pm

Looks good anowa. If you could wait to post with him, I am about to respond in the IC.

I like the backstory, will add him shortly.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:50 pm

Shadowwell wrote:Looks good anowa. If you could wait to post with him, I am about to respond in the IC.

I like the backstory, will add him shortly.

I figured Aegis needed a buff.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Republic of the Cristo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of the Cristo » Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:06 pm

App:
Name: Jerry
Alias/Designation: Jerry
Race: Human... kind of
Personality: Comical, insensitive, not very aggressive.
Appearance: most of the time, he looks like a normal 6 foot brown haired white guy. dull as gray
Affiliation: Free lance
Powers/Skills: Mind reading, shape shifting, matter manipulation, energy manipulation, teleportation
Weaknesses: Can only be killed permanently when the scenario in question is either sad or dramatic. Powers are null when in drunk. He is easily fooled
Backstory: Jerry was once known as Camren Walberg. Camren was a childhood genius and heir to a massive family fortune. At the age of 19, he had created a fission reactor in his garage. Throughout his twenties, he worked on a light speed engine with his wife Dianna Summers. Between the two, it was true love. When the experiments came to a head when Camren was 30, an accident occurred, where in he had to shut down the light speed engine ... manually. He managed to shut it down, but at the cost of being sent through a rip in time. For an unknown amount of time, he traveled aimlessly through the space between time, space, and existence. For unknown reasons, he was deposited in the year 2016; by this time, he had forgotten everything about his former life and himself. The first thing he saw upon entering this new world, was a boy watching Tom and Jerry on a T.V. He figured that Jerry, must be his name. He would watch the show to the end, and would put it down to memory.

Jerry was beyond the sanity of his former self, knowing only how to live in a constant state of humor. In his travels through the rip in space time, he picked up numerous reality altering abilities. He does not hurt you, he just wants to have fun in any way possible.
Optional:(The Below are optional and are added for enjoyment.)
Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kcf4yS5_aiI
D&D Alignment: Chaotic neutral
Last edited by Republic of the Cristo on Wed Apr 13, 2016 9:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orthodox Christian, Nationalist, Reactionary, Stoic

(2 Kings 2:23-25): you won't be dissappointed

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse