NATION

PASSWORD

THE ORDER OF THE STAG | OOC | OPEN | FANTASY-MEDIEVAL |

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:26 am

What's our maximum loadout? So far the only app has quite a number of equipment.
How to be legitimately recognised in NS? Be a proper Roleplayer.
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:30 am

Relikai wrote:What's our maximum loadout? So far the only app has quite a number of equipment.

Honestly, I should've done my application so people could've seen what it would look like.

Keep it light. If you're an archer, you carry 1 bow, 1 sword/one-handed melee weapon, your armour and X number of arrows. If you're a swordsman, your armour, your sword/one-handed melee weapon and either a shield, or a polearm.

Sindrya
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sindrya » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:31 am

Tags deployed.

I dunno why but now I'm a sucker for fantasy-medieval thingies.
Call me Sin.
Self Entitled Wanderer of the Multiverse. Yep, that's me.
Also a Secret Praiser of Baeyonetta.
Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!
Accomplished Member of the The Age Of Neophytos RP Group
Current: Returned. Somewhat.
Praise The Lord. Moth Waifu is back! Part Three exists!
Sonitusia wrote:It's not cheating if it's family~

Abserdia wrote:
Sindrya wrote:
*muffled drums and cymbals in the distance*

Who has to change the light bulbs in 221b?
Wattson.
I REVIVED THIS RP, IGOR! I REVIVED IT!

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:35 am

Ontorisa wrote:
Relikai wrote:What's our maximum loadout? So far the only app has quite a number of equipment.

Honestly, I should've done my application so people could've seen what it would look like.

Keep it light. If you're an archer, you carry 1 bow, 1 sword/one-handed melee weapon, your armour and X number of arrows. If you're a swordsman, your armour, your sword/one-handed melee weapon and either a shield, or a polearm.

Aqiz's app looks fully loaded... was about to app based on that was accepted with no comments on the equipment...

170 pounds of 2 weapons excluding armour, hmm...
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:43 am

Relikai wrote:
Ontorisa wrote:

Aqiz's app looks fully loaded... was about to app based on that was accepted with no comments on the equipment...

Don't worry, I'm working on an example (i.e. my) application.

The Olog-Hai
Negotiator

Founded: May 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Olog-Hai » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:55 am

Tag.
So, I like axes in medical settings.
The two handed kind. If it's all right, I'm thinking about making a Lancer who wields a greataxe (the two handed kind). How does that sound?
It appears I'm an INTP-T. You're not gonna get much more about me.
Wenglesy wrote:Might as well submit now to the obviously superior forces of Legyon fun Genital.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:56 am

The Olog-Hai wrote:Tag.
So, I like axes in medical settings.
The two handed kind. If it's all right, I'm thinking about making a Lancer who wields a greataxe (the two handed kind). How does that sound?

You know this means he won't be able to carry any other weapons other than a dagger for very close quarter protection, right? Also this means that you're gonna be fucked when fighting in a dense forest, eh?

I strongly recommend against two-handed weapons, particularly ones that never really existed.
Last edited by Ontorisa on Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:20 am

Relikai wrote:
Ontorisa wrote:

The 'weight' of the bows in her app is the draw strength. A self longbow made of yew is about 1 1/2 to 3 pounds at most.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:21 am

SaintB wrote:
Relikai wrote:

The 'weight' of the bows in her app is the draw strength. A self longbow made of yew is about 1 1/2 to 3 pounds at most.

Yeah I'm quite the idiot muahaha

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:26 am

SaintB wrote:
Relikai wrote:

Saint <3

You joining?

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:31 am

Ontorisa wrote:
SaintB wrote:The 'weight' of the bows in her app is the draw strength. A self longbow made of yew is about 1 1/2 to 3 pounds at most.

Saint <3

You joining?

Yeah, having character building issues. I'm wanting to make a ranger that uses a backsword and buckler mostly and carries a crossbow.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:37 am

SaintB wrote:
Ontorisa wrote:
Saint <3

You joining?

Yeah, having character building issues. I'm wanting to make a ranger that uses a backsword and buckler mostly and carries a crossbow.

I don't mean to kill the creative vibe, but I recommend against the crossbow. It'll be too clunky for the sort of fast-paced combat we'll be going through.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:53 am

Ontorisa wrote:
SaintB wrote:Yeah, having character building issues. I'm wanting to make a ranger that uses a backsword and buckler mostly and carries a crossbow.

I don't mean to kill the creative vibe, but I recommend against the crossbow. It'll be too clunky for the sort of fast-paced combat we'll be going through.

The crossbow is for hunting food. But I could just as well use a plain self bow. I'm wanting his things to be compact so that he can move from one spot to another quickly.
Last edited by SaintB on Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:58 am

SaintB wrote:
Ontorisa wrote:

The crossbow is for hunting food. But I could just as well use a plain self bow. I'm wanting his things to be compact so that he can move from one spot to another quickly.

I strongly recommend a self bow. Fast reload and in the confined spaces of the East, you'll need that accuracy, fast reload and penetrating power.

Sindrya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sindrya » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:07 am

Ontorisa, how does a swashbuckler/fencer with a literal buckler sound?

As in, a sabre-wielding guy with a brass buckler? Maybe add some throwing knives? How's that?
Call me Sin.

Abserdia wrote:
Sindrya wrote:

Wattson.

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:11 am

Think I'll go Quarterstaff / Polearm. Howzat sound ?

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:19 am

Sindrya wrote:Ontorisa, how does a swashbuckler/fencer with a literal buckler sound?

As in, a sabre-wielding guy with a brass buckler? Maybe add some throwing knives? How's that?

Very unrealistic and a good way to get your character killed.

Relikai wrote:Think I'll go Quarterstaff / Polearm. Howzat sound ?

Polearm sounds better. Maybe like a halberd or something like that.

Sindrya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sindrya » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:32 am

Ontorisa wrote:
Sindrya wrote:Ontorisa, how does a swashbuckler/fencer with a literal buckler sound?

Eh?

So holding a sabre in one hand with a buckler in the other would be unrealistic?
Call me Sin.

Abserdia wrote:
Sindrya wrote:

Wattson.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:40 am

Sindrya wrote:
Ontorisa wrote:

Eh?

So holding a sabre in one hand with a buckler in the other would be unrealistic?

I don't like the sounds of it. As well, the culture of the Order is High Western Europe, so there wouldn't be any sabres in the first place.

Sindrya
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sindrya » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:48 am

Ontorisa wrote:
Sindrya wrote:
Eh?

I don't like the sounds of it. As well, the culture of the Order is High Western Europe, so there wouldn't be any sabres in the first place.

Huh. Okay then, how about falchion?
Call me Sin.

Abserdia wrote:
Sindrya wrote:

Wattson.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:48 am

Sindrya wrote:
Ontorisa wrote:

Huh. Okay then, how about falchion?

Sure.

Ubaria
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ubaria » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:57 am

Would a war orphaned, female lancer with a criminal background be acceptable?
Yo, that's mad.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Fri Mar 25, 2016 9:58 am

Ubaria wrote:Would a war orphaned, female lancer with a criminal background be acceptable?

Anyone is welcomed.

Ubaria
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ubaria » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:31 am

Ontorisa wrote:
Ubaria wrote:Would a war orphaned, female lancer with a criminal background be acceptable?

Anyone is welcomed.

Sweet.
Going to be an archer.
Yo, that's mad.

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Fri Mar 25, 2016 10:59 am

The Order of the Stag Application

Basics

Name: Bestian
Appearance:

Height: 17-18 hands
Weight: 15 or 16 stone

Military Information

Role: Ranger Sergeant
Specialization: Heavy Infantry
Equipment: Composite Bow (75 lbs draw), Backsword, Buckler, Burgonet, Chain Mail and Brigandine, Vambraces, Greaves, a handful of arrows and all that stuff.
Any Past Military Experiences: Bestian has carved his way up and down the west while fighting for whomever paid him to.

Miscellaneous

Personality: Ruthless to his enemies and ambivalent to most others. He has no tolerance for bullies and would cross into hell for people he considers his brothers. He wouldn't die for someone else though because he knows that a noble death is a romantic notion for idiots.
Strengths: Is at least as fearsome as the monsters and beasts he hunts. He has plenty of practice at killing. Remorse isn't in his vocabulary. Not very ambitious. He has used and can use just about anything to kill someone on the battlefield.
Weaknesses: Illiterate. Not very cerebral, prefers action over thinking.
Fears: Nothing he has ever encountered scares him... that fact scares him.
Ambitions: Make it to old age sounds like a start.

Biography
Bestian grew up in a large city with basically no parenting, his mom was a whore and his dad was a cutpurse turned street thug that graduated into a corpse after getting beaten by the city's constabulary. His mom who essentially abandoned him anyway succumbed to some kind of disease she caught from a man with a dirty prick and Bestian was officially alone before he even knew how old he was. His 'family' was the other street urchins, they would form gangs where the older ones taught the younger ones how to beg and scrounge for food and would protect them from the other older street children; in return they got first pick of what the younger kids picked up. It wasn't the most terrible arrangement since it meant that more often then not you didn't go to bed on an empty stomach and you rarely got beaten by anyone unless you got caught by a constable in a bad (or drunken).
Bestian was one of those lucky few who grew into a 'big kid' and rivaled the size of some of the adults which meant that he was more or less the same status in his little family of orphans as the older ones where. He became his gang's enforcer which meant he got first pick of anything that came around as long as he was willing to throw down with the members of other gangs whenever he was called on (which was almost a daily occurrence). Bestian was never the strongest, toughest, or the fastest but he never held anything back when it came to battling for his family honor and because of that he never lost a fight. He eventually would lose a fight but not to another gang of boys, the person in question was a mercenary who caught one of Bestian's orphan siblings trying to pick his pocket and began to lay down a beating on him. The gang summoned their greatest champion to get revenge on their wounded comrade and Bestian answered the call full steam; finding and attacking the one-eyed mercenary relentlessly... and what a beating he received for it!
Bestian's ass kicking is still legendary among the orphan gangs of the city today. A child took on an adult professional killer and continued to battle him for a solid 15 minutes despite broken bones and innumerable bruises and bloody cuts. Bestian was so badly beaten that he nearly lost his right eye before finally falling unconscious from a combination of exhaustion, pain, and blood loss. The one-eyed mercenary was impressed by the temerity of the kid so he brought him to a surgeon and paid for his healing. Once Bestian was recovered enough to move around One-Eye made him an offer to join him in mercenary work; he would be trained to fight with weapons and kill men for money if he had the stomach for it.
Bestian's mercenary career lasted for about a decade. He never had any qualms about the jobs he took, coin is coin and orders are orders, if they paid coin he followed orders. He's done some questionable things, as well as downright morally abhorrent things while fighting in various conflicts and eventually the wight of those things made him want a different path in life but he didn't know what to do. He only knew how to fight and with a sordid career like his he would never make it in a city guard, joining a real army would mean kowtowing to some lord or king and doing pretty much what he already did, that left the Order of the Stag and he has been a member for a few years now. The Stag's mission is the first one he has taken part of that feels to him like it makes sense - he's the big kid again but this time he is protecting the civilized world instead of a handful of impoverished beggars.

RP Examples: Two paragraphs of RP samples is a lot of samples.

DO NOT REMOVE: 7492222 - For Tracking Purposes Only
Last edited by SaintB on Sat Mar 26, 2016 7:07 am, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse