NATION

PASSWORD

THE ORDER OF THE STAG | OOC | OPEN | FANTASY-MEDIEVAL |

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 13, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

THE ORDER OF THE STAG | OOC | OPEN | FANTASY-MEDIEVAL |

Postby Ontorisa » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:59 pm

THE ORDER OF THE STAG
A Medieval-Low Fantasy RP By Ontorisa (Co-Authored By: Beiarusia)
Links:
OOC - You Are Here
IC
Archive (Post your accepted applications here)

The Sack of Prostilia, 603 BU
Theme Song

The Order of the Stag. Aye, that old order. The one formed after the Sack of Prostilia in 603 Before Unification (BU). The one dedicated protecting the Realm of Men from the horrors from the east. No lad, I'm not talking about horrors like your mistress finding out you've not been eating her repulsive sweet rolls, I'm talking about orcs, tribal men and more. They deal with both the supernatural and the typical lowlife trying to make simple coin by taking it from others.

Even though they have faithfully served the Realm of Man for so long, the Realm of Man has become greedy and now unwilling to help maintain the wall that separates the Realm from the terrors beyond. As the beings beyond the Wall recognize this weakness, it is only time before they strike. The question is: can the Order defend what they have held for centuries? That my friend, I wonder about as I sleep at night. Shall we return to the days before the Sack of Prostilia, where the beings roamed freely in the Realm of Man? I dare think not, but it appears that if the Wall breaks and the Order is defeated, then it is the life we shall return to.

Here's the quick laydown of what the Order of the Stag is about. I drew inspiration from the Night's Watch as seen in the Game of Thrones television show and books. Basically, we'll be RPing as members of this Order, both fighting and surviving alongside each other against these forces from beyond the Wall. This RP is character-based, and will focus heavily on both the physiological effects of constant warfare, particularly against non-human foes.

This Order is humanity's only defence against the forces beyond. The players such as yourself and myself will decide whether if the Realm of Man is safe from a potential onslaught of supernatural beings or not. Prepare yourselves, as you decide the survival of yourself, your comrades and those who unwillingly rely on you.

OP: Ontorisa
Co-OP(s): Beiarusia, SaintB

RULES

1. Obey both OP's and Co-OP's rulings
    2. No metagaming, OOC flaming, godmodding
    3. You're not invincible. If you're put into an impossible situation, accept it. You can always make a new character.
    4. That being said, your characters will die. You need to prepare for when this happens.
    5. You're centred mainly around the Wall, the Camps and certain areas beyond the Wall. Other than that, you are not permitted to go beyond these boundaries unless if you are given explicit permission from myself or any of the Co-OPs.
    6. One-liners are strictly prohibited. Please put effort into your posts, even if they are simply in dialogue. I expect a paragraph at least with Ninth Grade grammar & spelling.
    7. If you're going to be inactive, please let everyone know in the OOC. This is a character-driven RP, and if you're not there, you're definitely holding everyone back.
    8. Have fun, kick back and relax.

FAQ/Additional Information

Q: Are there any specific devices, colours, surcoats or emblems on the shields?
A: Colours are usually brown, black and grey. Surcoats are a nah as no knights serve in the Order. Emblems on the shields are a nah, they're just painted black or not at all.

Q: Is any part of a member the Order's equipment/clothing standardized?
A: Chainmail & leather for standardized armour. As for weapons, when in doubt, put a sword and shield. If you decide to do something else, make sure it's realistic and you don't go overboard with it.

Q: What religions are present?
A: For the Order, the Faith of the Four is the overwhelming belief. It follows the worship and belief of four Gods, who hold power over the world's four main elements: Earth (Gretal), Air (Whipaz), Water (Troyad) and Fire (Casad). The Tribes of the Wilderness worship the Faith of Nature, with a huge array of deities such as the Bear (War), the Wolf (Hunting), the Hare (Fertility), the Eagle (Freedom), the Owl (Knowledge/Wisdom), the Snake (Deceit), the Elk (Agility) and the Fox (Strategy).

Q: Can we use magic/is there magic present?
A: With the characters I'm only accepting, no you cannot use magic, nor does it exist on the Order's side of the Wall. The Realm of Man lost their touch with nature millenniums ago, and therefore lost their touch with magic. The Tribes of Men beyond the Wall however, still remain in touch with nature, and thus still retain their powers with magic, though it is difficult to master.
Last edited by Ontorisa on Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:08 pm, edited 13 times in total.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Information

Postby Ontorisa » Thu Mar 24, 2016 6:59 pm

Ranks Within the Order

High Commander - The overall commander of the Order of the Stag. This prestigious position was held by the founder of the Order, Lord Kegan Torosdrak, and countless others before the Order faced its decline. Expected to be a veteran in both commanding, fighting and managing logistics, manpower and so forth, the High Commander position was one of the most demanding ranks in the Order. However, ever since the decline of the Order, it has remained vacant, with power and organization being shared between Commanders.

Commander - The local commander of each Order garrison. These men are expected to be leaders and are elected by the men of the garrison. They sometimes come from noble birth, and are always good fighters and usually charismatic men. Ever since the vacancy of the High Commander rank, the power has now been divided between the Commanders, who function as a council now. Each one commands their own garrison and organize large scale offences into the Wilderness, scouting parties and reassign manpower.

Sergeant - Sergeant is a low ranking officer that is there in the garrison to keep order and to organize patrols, supply runs and be there as advisers for the Commanders.

Orderman - Non-ranking members of the Order. Although some do not hold a rank, they are elevated to positions of leadership unofficially to help manage the men and keep morale up.

Roles Within the Order

Rangers - Rangers are the elite soldiers of the Order. Able to wield a bow and a sword effectively without much effort, these men are those who are expected to perform the best. Rangers live and breath war, training constantly, but are also expected to set an example for the rest of the Order.

Lancers - Lancers are the typical Order soldier. Archers, Axmen, Swordsmen, it does not matter. Although they are the average soldier, they're dedicated to the cause and excel at what they specialize in. As well, notable Lancers who perform well in the field of duty are eligible to be promoted to a Ranger.

Auxiliary - Auxiliaries are the unsung heroes of the Order, being the cooks, quartermasters, scribes, medics and so forth. Designated as non-combatants by the Order, Auxiliaries are given minimal weapons training and are kept away from battle unless if it's a dire situation. There have been accounts of Auxiliaries who switch to Lancers or vice versa because of their passion and skills, but this is rare.

Enemies of the Order

Orcs - Nicknamed "Darkies", "Moles" and "Clankers", the Orcs from the East are the primary foe of the Order and one of the most dangerous. Ferocious, well equipped and more importantly organized, the Orcs function much like human kingdoms, always quarrelling with one another in their own private wars while skirmishing with Order patrols. Recently however, the Orcs have been growing more aggressive with their skirmishes, growing ever so closer to the wall.

Goblins - Nicknamed "Greenies" and "Slobbers", the Goblins are a disorganized bunch. Mostly living in a tribal society, Goblins are many in number but lack the will and intelligence to be a dangerous opponent. Equipped with mostly crude weapons such as axes, clubs and bows, it has only been recently that the Goblins have, much like the Orcs, become more aggressive and have also begun cooperating with the Orcs.

Tribal Men - Nicknamed "Ferals", "Ghoulies", "Barbarians" and "Totems", the various tribes of men residing beyond the Wall in the Wilderness are one of the many foes the Order faces. Deeply in tune with nature and having little to no contact with the Kingdoms from the other side of the Wall, the tribal men are known to possess varying degrees in magic and are fearsome warriors. However, they are rarely organized and can easily be dispatched with in small numbers.

Trolls - Natives of the Deep Woods of the East, Trolls are mostly docile creatures and mind their own business. Roaming in either packs up to 8 members or by themselves, they communicate in deep, grunts of their own, mysterious language. However, if enraged, Trolls are very dangerous and become violent, quickly. For years, Orcs have used Trolls as sort of a shock soldier as well as a siege equipment user, mainly for catapults and siege towers.

Narkoks - Reptilian-like creatures that are natives of the Deep Woods of the East, but also commonly spotted venturing the forests of the East. Equipped with a predatory mindset, razor sharp claws, teeth and spikes, Narkoks have commonly hunted their prey either by themselves or in small packs, much like wolves and lions.

Grokerts - The mysterious Grokerts are tree-like animals who reside of the Deep Woods of the East. Rare, but presumed to be extremely dangerous, they present themselves as Guardians of the Deep Woods, becoming hostile to almost anything that comes near them. Due to their rarity, not much is known about them, and are assumed that they travel alone.

Maps

Map of the Wilderness

Map of the Realm of Man (Missing the forts that are located along the Wall, but other than that is relatively completed)
Last edited by Ontorisa on Tue Mar 29, 2016 6:09 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Application

Postby Ontorisa » Thu Mar 24, 2016 7:00 pm

Application

*Please note that there is a cap on the number of Rangers permitted. That number is at 3. As well, the quality of application & RP examples weighs heavily in my & my Co-OPs' decision in accepting or rejecting a Ranger App. Ranger applications are no longer being accepted.

*Please be realistic with your equipment. This is not 2016 where everyone runs around in super light equipment. Everything is pretty damn heavy.

Delete everything in parenthesis please.

Code: Select all
[box][align=center][size=115]The Order of the Stag Application[/size][/align]

[u][b]Basics[/b][/u]

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b] (At least 18 years old)
[b]Gender:[/b] (Please note we are rolling with Medieval society rules, so females will have a lesser role in the Order)
[b]Appearance:[/b] (Pics are recommended, but descriptions are welcome as well)
[b]Height:[/b]
[b]Weight:[/b]

[u][b]Military Information[/b][/u]

[b]Role:[/b]
[b]Specialization:[/b] (Halberder, Archer, Swordsman, etc.)
[b]Equipment:[/b]
[b]Any Past Military Experiences:[/b] (Please list if applicable)

[u][b]Miscellaneous[/b][/u]

[b]Personality:[/b]
[b]Strengths:[/b]
[b]Weaknesses:[/b]
[b]Fears:[/b]
[b]Ambitions:[/b]

[u][b]Biography[/b][/u]

(At least 2 paragraphs please)

[b]RP Examples:[/b] (At least 2 sources please)

[align=center][size=85][i]DO NOT REMOVE: 7492222 - For Tracking Purposes Only[/i][/size][/align][/box]

The Order of the Stag Application

Basics

Name: Tomas Ariskov
Appearance: Ariskov is moderately handsome, with his hair braided on the sides into a small ponytail and the sides of his head shaved. He has brown eyes, Caucasian and holds "Northern" features such as a rugged face, a moderate beard and a small scar racing down his left cheek.
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 172 lbs

Military Information

Role: Ranger
Specialization: Originally an Archer, but due to his heavy training as a Ranger, Ariskov is proficient in swordfighting.
Equipment:

• Chainmail Hauberk with a Leather Vest
  • A Leather Hood attached to an Iron Nasal Helmet
  • A light leather coat to be worn underneath the chainmail
  • A Wolf-pelt cape for warmth
  • A Steel Arming Sword (Total Length: 35", Blade Length: 30". Double edged, straight blade)
  • An Oak Bow
  • A number of steel-tipped broad head arrows
  • A small iron dagger for both emergencies and for general use.

Any Past Military Experiences:

With the Army of Bratalic: A few major battles, skirmishes and patrols.
    With the Order of the Stag: Countless skirmishes, excursions and patrols.

Miscellaneous

Personality: Ariskov is a very commanding person. With a sort of a natural ability lead, Ariskov leads with an aura of confidence and inspiration. Away from fighting, he is very charismatic and friendly.
Strengths: Commanding, Natural Shot with the Bow, Combat tested, Ambitious
Weaknesses: Overanalytical, Hardheaded, Pompous at times
Fears: Heights, Failing his troops
Ambitions: Ariskov's ambition is to push back the terrors of the Wilderness from the Wall and to secure the position of the Order.

Biography

Born in the northern village of Hopriskaal, Ariskov has only known one thing throughout his entire life: you must fight for what you want. Due to the isolation of Hopriskaal, raids from bandits were very frequent and required that the villagers pick up arms themselves. When Ariskov was 15, he picked up the axe and had joined his village in defending the village from a small band of bandits, who thought to help themselves to the foot storage. From that day forward, Ariskov knew what he wanted to do. He set out from Hopriskaal to the city of Ulmsadre when he was 17 to enlist in the Kingdom of Bratalic's army. An excellent shot, Ariskov always had felt that he belonged in the military and served for 7 years before he, much like a huge portion of the army, were sent home with a small pay due to their units being disbanded.

Disappointed, and feeling unfulfilled, Ariskov set out to the East to join the Order of the Stag, hoping to find his place there. As if straight out of a storybook, Ariskov did and found the warmth of brotherhood and the constant combat an exhilarating experience for himself. Starting out as a Lancer, Ariskov distinguished himself after a Goblin raid on the Wall, where he, along with two others held back a small detachment of Goblins by themselves for the entire raid. He was promoted to Ranger after 2 years of excellent service. Respected, known throughout his local garrison of Hawk's Peak, Ariskov now stands to commence an offensive assault against the Orcs and Goblins, hoping to finally bring peace to the Wall.

RP Examples: N/a

DO NOT REMOVE: 7492222 - For Tracking Purposes Only
Last edited by Ontorisa on Sat Apr 09, 2016 4:29 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:14 pm

That was a hardy.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:23 pm

Ontorisa wrote:That was a hardy.

It's up though.

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 28, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:24 pm

Tag.

Is any part of a member the Order's equipment/clothing standardised?
Nationstatelandsville wrote:I liked the prostitute - never quote me on that.

Puzikas wrote:This is beyond condom on toes. This is full on Bra-on-balls.

Puzikas wrote:Im not cheep-You can quote me on that.

Hellraiser-Army wrote:and clearly I am surrounded by idiots who never looked at a blueprint before...

Live fire is not an effective means of communication.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:25 pm

Aqizithiuda wrote:Tag.

Chainmail & leather for standardized armour. Other than that, not really. Try not to go overboard though.

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:31 pm

Ontorisa wrote:
Aqizithiuda wrote:Tag.

Chainmail & leather for standardized armour. Other than that, not really. Try not to go overboard though.

No badges, colours, surcoats or devices on shields?

Hellraiser-Army wrote:and clearly I am surrounded by idiots who never looked at a blueprint before...

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:33 pm

Aqizithiuda wrote:
Ontorisa wrote:

Colours are usually brown, black and grey. Surcoats are a nah. Emblems on the shields are a nah, they're just painted black or not at all.

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:36 pm

Rightio.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:37 pm

Ontorisa wrote:
Aqizithiuda wrote:

Colours are usually brown, black and grey. Surcoats are a nah. Emblems on the shields are a nah, they're just painted black or not at all.

Good time to make use of that FAQ. I'm sure other people will ask the same question.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Thu Mar 24, 2016 8:38 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Ontorisa wrote:

Good time to make use of that FAQ. I'm sure other people will ask the same question.

Good spot.

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:24 pm

Two more questions: roughly what tech level is the RP set in (13th century?16th century?), and what are the rules on members of the Order having families?

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:35 pm

Aqizithiuda wrote:Two more questions: roughly what tech level is the RP set in (13th century?16th century?), and what are the rules on members of the Order having families?

Tentatively I'd say 15th century max but I'd need to verify with OP. As for the families, I don't think the Order would be completely opposed to such a thing but would probably discourage having children while actively serving, especially if you're a Ranger or someone constantly in danger. If anything the older men in charge would more likely have families than the younger guys who are too busy soldiering about. Again, I'd need to verify with OP and he is off for the night.

Hippie Kiwis
Minister

Founded: Jan 31, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Hippie Kiwis » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:43 pm

so there be cannons?
This place is not a place of honor... no highly esteemed deed is commemorated here... nothing valued is here. What is here was dangerous and repulsive to us.
The danger is in a particular location... it increases towards a center... the center of danger is here... of a particular size and shape, and below us.
The danger is still present, in your time, as it was in ours. The danger is to the body, and it can kill. The form of the danger is an emanation of energy.
The danger is unleashed only if you substantially disturb this place physically. This place is best shunned and left uninhabited.

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:52 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Aqizithiuda wrote:Two more questions: roughly what tech level is the RP set in (13th century?16th century?), and what are the rules on members of the Order having families?

Tentatively I'd say 15th century max but I'd need to verify with OP. As for the families, I don't think the Order would be completely opposed to such a thing but would probably discourage having children while actively serving, especially if you're a Ranger or someone constantly in danger. If anything the older men in charge would more likely have families than the younger guys who are too busy soldiering about. Again, I'd need to verify with OP and he is off for the night.

Early or late?

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:55 pm

Aqizithiuda wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:Tentatively I'd say 15th century max but I'd need to verify with OP. As for the families, I don't think the Order would be completely opposed to such a thing but would probably discourage having children while actively serving, especially if you're a Ranger or someone constantly in danger. If anything the older men in charge would more likely have families than the younger guys who are too busy soldiering about. Again, I'd need to verify with OP and he is off for the night.

Early or late?

Let's say early for the time being.

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:58 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Aqizithiuda wrote:
Early or late?

Let's say early for the time being.

Rightio, thanks. That gives me a pretty good idea of the technology and equipment available.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Thu Mar 24, 2016 9:59 pm

Aqizithiuda wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:Let's say early for the time being.

Rightio, thanks. That gives me a pretty good idea of the technology and equipment available.

No problem.

Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 20, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States » Fri Mar 25, 2016 2:28 am

Ahhhh, yes...
The name's James. James Usari. Well, my name is not actually James Usari, so don't bother actually looking it up, but it'll do for now.
Lack of a real name means compensation through a real face. My debt is settled
Part-time Kebab tycoon in Glasgow.

Aqizithiuda
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Aqizithiuda » Fri Mar 25, 2016 4:04 am

The Order of the Stag Application

Basics

Name: Éanwulf Swarting, aka Ísenburg Æthelwulfing
Appearance: Ísenburg has never been called delicate. Taller than the average man and built more heavily than most, she is able to match most men in terms of strength and stamina. She has black hair and brown eyes, unusual in her part of the world, and her skin is darker than can be explained even by her outdoor lifestyle, which is why she took on the by-name "Swarting" when she disguised herself as a man

As is custom for men in her region, Ísenburg wears neck length hair. Combined with naturally small breasts, breast binding and her general build, it has been easy for her to maintain the fiction of being a man. Indeed, she would probably be everyone's last pick if they were asked who was a disguised woman.
Height: 5'9"
Weight: 160lbs

Military Information

Role: Lancer
Specialization: Archery, but has somewhat extensive training in sword and buckler training. She also has some training with the quarterstaff.
Equipment:

• Steel cap and maille coif
  • Ten layer linen jack with sleeves
  • Mid-thigh length, full sleeved maille shirt of dense weave.
  • 100lb yew broadbow with recurved tips
  • 70lb yew broadbow with recurved tips
  • Arrow bag with two dozen arrows (four bearing arrows, four heavy armour piercing arrows and sixteen multipurpose arrows)
  • Six heavy, broad bladed arrows tucked into her belt
  • Sword and buckler. Both are of exceptional make and decorated with a gilded sun.

Any Past Military Experiences: Some minor skirmishing and ambushing only.

Miscellaneous

Personality: Ísenburg is a loner, with little self worth and a decided mistrust of anyone attempting to hit on her. She grew up in remote forests with only her father for company for a long time, and so developed few personal skills. Any development in her sociability was destroyed by the events that occurred after her father tried to sell her into slavery. While she has no problem with following orders, she has little desire to socialise with her fellow Order members and volunteers for the lonely or isolated tasks.

As a result of her lack of self worth and general self loathing, Ísenburg also volunteers for the most dangerous assignments, such as scouting ahead of the main party. While she'll do her best to kill the enemies of the Order, Ísenburg has a secret desire to die in honourable combat so as to wipe the stain of her sins from her soul.
Strengths: Raised in the mountains hunting animals for their hides, Ísenburg is a skilled at tracking, archery and stealth. She was also moderately trained by her father in sword and buckler work and the quarterstaff. Finally, as events have shown, she has no problems with killing.
Weaknesses: Ísenburg is a remote person not good at making friends and is further a death seeker. If she is ever in a situation where she needs to withdraw in order to survive and a message has already gone back to the Order informing them of the danger, she will start and fight to the death.
Fears: That people will find out that she's a father fucker, a patricide and a woman, in that order.
Ambitions: To regain her honour via a good death.

Biography

Ísenburg is extremely lucky to be alive. She was found by her adoptive father, Æthelwulf, in swaddling clothes on top of a fresh grave. The secretive and taciturn hunter, for reasons even he was never able to fully articulate, decided not to leave the babe to die and took her as his own. The easy option would have been to see if anyone in the local village was willing to take the child, but he bought a goat using part of a gold arm ring he had been saving and used the milk to keep her alive.

The next few years were difficult for Æthelwulf, and he had to use the rest of his arm ring to maintain them through the early years, but as Ísenburg was more able to take care of herself he was able to go further and further from the hut to find game and animals whose skins he could sell. Eventually, he brought Ísenburg with him and taught her everything he knew about the hunt and, later, taught her how to use weapons as he would have a son.

Ísenburg grew up free and independent, and yet wasn't as lonely as people might expect, because she didn't know any other life and was content. She knew she was adopted, and she knew her father had once been more than a simple hunter, but that didn't concern her, only the here and now concerned her. This all changed when she reached the age of 14 and became a woman.

At first, Ísenburg didn't notice anything out of the ordinary, but she eventually became aware that her father was looking at her inna different way, with a kind of hunger she hadn't seen before. There was little privacy in the hut, but he body had never seemed to interest him before. Now, though, he seemed to look at it whenever he got the chance. Then, one night, Æthelwulf took her to bed. She resisted, using every trick he had taught her, but it was no good, he was just too strong and skilled for her. Afterwards he apologised, but that didn't prevent it all from happening the next night, or the night after.

Ísenburg never really considered running away. Æthelwulf was her only family,her only real contact with the rest of the world, and she knew he could run her down if she fled. So, she stayed and eventually stopped fighting. He always told her to enjoy it but instead she found ways to make him climax faster so that it would all be over sooner. This all warped her views on relationships, familial and sexual, and men.

There was a brief bright spot on Ísenburg's life. When she was eighteen she met Swíðe, the local miller's daughter, who was out hunting with friends. One of the group mistook Ísenburg for a deer and nicked her arm with the arrow. Swíðe scolded him and dressed the wound with her headscarf, telling the others to go on. Ísenburg had rarely seen other people in her life, and had never seen a woman so attractive as Swíðe, which confused her. Somehow Swíðe got Ísenburg talking and the next thing either of them knew it was near dark and Swíðe was late.

Things proceeded quickly after that, with Ísenburg finding any excuse to visit the town and Swíðe going hunting whenever she could. Though they both knew it was only to be a brief relationship, soon to be torn apart by the demands of family, it was certainly a passionate one, and often the only hunting was for hares.

As he had continued to abuse Ísenburg, Æthelwulf had become more and more guilty and had, as a result, taken to drinking and gambling to take his mind off the guilt, which didn't make life any easier for her. Eventually, he ran up a debt to the local thegn, a brute of a man named Cynefriþ, who offered to absolve Æthelwulf of the debt if he gave him Ísenburg. Being drunk and desperate, Æthelwulf agreed to this and it was all set down in writing.

Swíðe had been making a delivery to the castle while this was happening and heard the evil news. She dropped everything and ran to tell Ísenburg what she had heard and to warn her to escape. Ísenburg, unable to put up with this latest indignity, decided to run. She went to where she knew Æthelwulf kept his momentos of a past life and armed and armoured herself with what was there. Then, taking up both her deer and bear bows, she convinced Swíðe that she had to come too, or else the thegn would punish her family.

Ultimately, this was a mistake. Swíðe was caught by the thegn's dogs and killed before Ísenburg could rescue her. Ísenburg then began a desperate, week long guerrilla campaign against the thegn, his men and her adoptive father, whom she blamed for all that had happened. Eventually, she managed to kill both the thegn and her father and slipped the net cast by the thegn's soldiers.

At first, after this, Ísenburg considered killing herself. However, some part of her wanted to atone for everything she had done. She felt guilty about sleeping with her father, about causing Swíðe's death and about killing her father, and couldn't bear the idea of adding suicide to her list of crimes and cowardly acts. Instead, she cut her hair short, adopted the name "Éanwulf" and went to join the Order so that she could redeem herself in battle.
RP Examples: Link

DO NOT REMOVE: 7492222 - For Tracking Purposes Only
Last edited by Aqizithiuda on Fri Mar 25, 2016 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:42 am

Hippie Kiwis wrote:so there be cannons?

No.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Fri Mar 25, 2016 6:44 am

Aqizithiuda wrote:Snip

ACCEPTED. Please post your application in the Archive thread.

Just want to point something out though: I expect that your character is below mediocre at hand-to-hand combat since she's not a Ranger, since you chose to specialize in archery.
Last edited by Ontorisa on Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:04 am

Hmm.

Since this is Co-Oped by Beia, dropping a tag. Will post when activity in some RPs die off...
How to be legitimately recognised in NS? Be a proper Roleplayer.
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

Ontorisa
Powerbroker

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Ontorisa » Fri Mar 25, 2016 7:08 am

Relikai wrote:Hmm.

Since this is Co-Oped by Beia, dropping a tag. Will post when activity in some RPs die off...

Judging by the lack of tags, I'd say you have a few more days until this bad boy takes off.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse