NATION

PASSWORD

Vampire: The Masquerade - Arabian Nights [IC][DEAD]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Free Empire of the Low Isles
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 20, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Sun Mar 06, 2016 2:56 pm

Krytonus wrote:
Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:
"I really don't know anything about this mission... All I know is that it's in the desert and we could get really rich... or something." Leone said, his legs suddenly resting on Kallm's.

"And yeah... I know how to fight."

Kallm flinched at the sudden contact, but he wasn't opposed to it. Actually, now that he thought about it, Leone was kind of cute.

"I doubt it'll be as easy as that." Kallm mused. "There's always gonna be something, so it's good you can fight. It's funny, but I'm actually kind of looking forward to testing my abilities. I want to use what I've been taught in combat, you know? It seems pretty ridiculous."

Leone frowned at that. "In my experience, fighting is never good... It's nice to know how to, but you should endeavor never to have to..." he said, frowning. "Mind if I put my head in your lap? This cushion thing isn't that nice and I want to put my feet up..."
"Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth in the least space." - Orson Scott Card

"Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken" - Orson Scott Card

"There are no happy endings, because nothing ever ends." - Schmendrick the Magician

"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

An Egalitarian, humanist, and a member of the glorious Kekistani people!

Krytonus
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Krytonus » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:13 pm

Krytonus wrote:
Kallm flinched at the sudden contact, but he wasn't opposed to it. Actually, now that he thought about it, Leone was kind of cute.

"I doubt it'll be as easy as that." Kallm mused. "There's always gonna be something, so it's good you can fight. It's funny, but I'm actually kind of looking forward to testing my abilities. I want to use what I've been taught in combat, you know? It seems pretty ridiculous."

Leone frowned at that. "In my experience, fighting is never good... It's nice to know how to, but you should endeavor never to have to..." he said, frowning. "Mind if I put my head in your lap? This cushion thing isn't that nice and I want to put my feet up..."

"Be my guest." Kallm offered with a faint smile. He sighed and put his head back, gazing up at the expensive chandelier hanging above. "I get what you mean. But still, I just can't help but want to try things out for myself. To make sure I'm good enough for Master Deepw- No, for myself. I want to be strong for myself." He said quietly, studying the intricate glasswork of the chandelier above him.

One day I'll have something like that.

And more.
The Irishman who doesn't drink, nursing a Pepsi in the corner of The Pub.

I thought I made a mistake once, but I was wrong.

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:20 pm

Krytonus wrote:

"Be my guest." Kallm offered with a faint smile. He sighed and put his head back, gazing up at the expensive chandelier hanging above. "I get what you mean. But still, I just can't help but want to try things out for myself. To make sure I'm good enough for Master Deepw- No, for myself. I want to be strong for myself." He said quietly, studying the intricate glasswork of the chandelier above him.

And more.

Leone switched around so that his head was in Kallm's lap, and he sighed, looking up at the same chandelier.

Heh... Wonder how much that would fetch on the market... But how would I get it out of here? Hmm... he thought, a brief plan involving the seduction of a maid and the use of a helicopter going through his head, making him smile lightly.

"No, no... I understand the sentiment, I do. It's just... I've been in fights for my life before, and I can tell you that you should try to live your entire life without feeling that... urge, that need to keep yourself alive. It's really... It's not a nice thing." Leone responded, eventually, stretching in a feline manner.
"Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth in the least space." - Orson Scott Card

"Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken" - Orson Scott Card

"There are no happy endings, because nothing ever ends." - Schmendrick the Magician

"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Krytonus
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Krytonus » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:28 pm

Krytonus wrote:

And more.

Leone switched around so that his head was in Kallm's lap, and he sighed, looking up at the same chandelier.

Heh... Wonder how much that would fetch on the market... But how would I get it out of here? Hmm... he thought, a brief plan involving the seduction of a maid and the use of a helicopter going through his head, making him smile lightly.

"No, no... I understand the sentiment, I do. It's just... I've been in fights for my life before, and I can tell you that you should try to live your entire life without feeling that... urge, that need to keep yourself alive. It's really... It's not a nice thing." Leone responded, eventually, stretching in a feline manner.

"Yeah, I can imagine. It's odd, to be so inexperienced compared to all of youse. I just want to be sure I can pull my own weight." He sighed. He found it interesting how Leone even stretched in a catlike manner. Amusing, but also endearing. He streched himself, extending both of his arms outwards and reaching up towards the chandelier as if to grab it. His arms flopped down beside him again and he closed his eyes, enjoying the quiet, relaxed companionship. He stayed like that for a moment.

"What's Venice like?" he asked, not opening his eyes.

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:33 pm

Krytonus wrote:

"Yeah, I can imagine. It's odd, to be so inexperienced compared to all of youse. I just want to be sure I can pull my own weight." He sighed. He found it interesting how Leone even stretched in a catlike manner. Amusing, but also endearing. He streched himself, extending both of his arms outwards and reaching up towards the chandelier as if to grab it. His arms flopped down beside him again and he closed his eyes, enjoying the quiet, relaxed companionship. He stayed like that for a moment.

"... Crowded." Leone responded, looking up at Kallm's face, for a second admiring it, before looking back at the football game. "A lot of people live there, and a lot of people go there every day for vacations and other tourist reasons... it's hard, living in the City of Love. But..."

His hand reached up and tapped his chin for a second. "It's nice, too. Peaceful, when you can find some alone time. Standing on a bridge above the canals, just before sunrise, when the stores are just opening and none of the tourists are out yet. When the gondola drivers are just making their first rounds, that one, mournful voice singing in the dawn... Those are nice moments..."

Krytonus
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Krytonus » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:45 pm

Krytonus wrote:

"... Crowded." Leone responded, looking up at Kallm's face, for a second admiring it, before looking back at the football game. "A lot of people live there, and a lot of people go there every day for vacations and other tourist reasons... it's hard, living in the City of Love. But..."

His hand reached up and tapped his chin for a second. "It's nice, too. Peaceful, when you can find some alone time. Standing on a bridge above the canals, just before sunrise, when the stores are just opening and none of the tourists are out yet. When the gondola drivers are just making their first rounds, that one, mournful voice singing in the dawn... Those are nice moments..."

Kallm smiled as Leone tapped his chin. He felt strangely comfortable with this stranger.

"Sounds like a great place." Kallm remarked. "What I'd give to live somewhere scenic like that. I've lived in a manor in the British countryside my whole life. A dilapidated, run-down estate in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by dead trees. Dramatic, yes, but a horrible place to live. The sky is usually grey and sad, it's always muddy and wet, and the only wake-up I get is a shaking from the head servant. One day though, I'm going to live somewhere beautiful. Where I can look at the sky and the buildings and the people and enjoy what I see. That's my dream."

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:54 pm

Krytonus wrote:

Kallm smiled as Leone tapped his chin. He felt strangely comfortable with this stranger.

"Sounds like a great place." Kallm remarked. "What I'd give to live somewhere scenic like that. I've lived in a manor in the British countryside my whole life. A dilapidated, run-down estate in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by dead trees. Dramatic, yes, but a horrible place to live. The sky is usually grey and sad, it's always muddy and wet, and the only wake-up I get is a shaking from the head servant. One day though, I'm going to live somewhere beautiful. Where I can look at the sky and the buildings and the people and enjoy what I see. That's my dream."

Leone chuckled at that. "The sad thing is, though, once you get to do that... you won't be able to see the sun. You'll only be able to see the night..." he said, frowning. "And I guess... after this, I might not be able to see that dawn again..."

He frowned a little bit more, actually thinking this to be a detriment to the thought of being a vampire.

Krytonus
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Krytonus » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:04 pm

Krytonus wrote:

Leone chuckled at that. "The sad thing is, though, once you get to do that... you won't be able to see the sun. You'll only be able to see the night..." he said, frowning. "And I guess... after this, I might not be able to see that dawn again..."

He frowned a little bit more, actually thinking this to be a detriment to the thought of being a vampire.

"Huh. I guess I'll have to buy some good windows." he reasoned. "Still, anything's better than that creepy old house. At least as a vampire I'll be able to make my own choices. I'll make a name for myself, mark my words."

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:24 pm

Krytonus wrote:

"Huh. I guess I'll have to buy some good windows." he reasoned. "Still, anything's better than that creepy old house. At least as a vampire I'll be able to make my own choices. I'll make a name for myself, mark my words."

"True... true..." Leone said, smiling. "Though... I hear that these windows cost quite a bit. How do you think you're gonna get the money to get them?"

He stretched again, yawning, and curled up against Kallm as he watched the football game. "Making a name for yourself isn't always a good idea... especially in the Masquerade..."

Krytonus
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Krytonus » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:28 pm

Krytonus wrote:

"True... true..." Leone said, smiling. "Though... I hear that these windows cost quite a bit. How do you think you're gonna get the money to get them?"

He stretched again, yawning, and curled up against Kallm as he watched the football game. "Making a name for yourself isn't always a good idea... especially in the Masquerade..."

"That's true. Just ask Sir Deepwell." Kallm chuckled, resting one arm on Leone's shoulder. "You're not bad as a pillow yourself." he joked. "I'll find a way to make some money. I don't know how, but I will. I'll show my Master. I'll be great, one day." He sighed. "But, that day is not today. Today, we go crawling into some ruins in the name of our masters. Should be fun."

Videssos
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Videssos » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:29 pm

"I'm from a somewhat obscure city in Baden-Württemberg called Schwarzthal, and yes... you could say that." Alexis' gaze flicked towards the other boy for a moment, and he recalled his earlier thoughts. If I find out more information about the Camarilla's lackeys in this mission, I can complete it with greater efficiency. The more I know about their weaknesses, the easier it shall be to carry out the will of my Mistress. He then introduced a curious tone to his voice as he made a further utterance, though it seemed a tad ...artificial, "Is there anything you'd like to tell me about yourself?"
|Now a member of Mirakai's harem|
A little bird told me, "Go, Go! Socialise! Talk to those fine people! And then, KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM! Plunge your knife into their throats when they ain't lookin', and then burn 'em to the ground!"
Well that's silly, isn't it?
"Winter is coming" - Stark motto.
Syrio Forel- "What do we say to the god of death?"
Arya Stark- "Not today"
Syrio Forel- "All men are made of water, do you know this? If you pierce them, the water leaks out and they die."
My Underworld RP ----> Here <~~~ My RP

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:32 pm

Krytonus wrote:

"That's true. Just ask Sir Deepwell." Kallm chuckled, resting one arm on Leone's shoulder. "You're not bad as a pillow yourself." he joked. "I'll find a way to make some money. I don't know how, but I will. I'll show my Master. I'll be great, one day." He sighed. "But, that day is not today. Today, we go crawling into some ruins in the name of our masters. Should be fun."

"Should be... Should be... Unless there's some evil creepy-crawlies in there, then it might not be so fun." Leone said, shivering. "Like spiders, and roached, and scorpions... Oh my..."

Then he smiled and shook his head a little in Kallm's lap. "No one's ever told me how good I am as a pillow... guess it's my unknown talent."

Krytonus
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Krytonus » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:40 pm

Krytonus wrote:

"Should be... Should be... Unless there's some evil creepy-crawlies in there, then it might not be so fun." Leone said, shivering. "Like spiders, and roached, and scorpions... Oh my..."

Then he smiled and shook his head a little in Kallm's lap. "No one's ever told me how good I am as a pillow... guess it's my unknown talent."

Kallm patted Leone's head. "It sure is." He shuffled a little to get more comfortable, but was careful to ensure Leone was not disturbed. This was nice, and Kallm didn't want to ruin it.

"We ought to be heading off soon. I hope it's not too far. I've had enough travelling for one day, limo or not."

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:42 pm

Krytonus wrote:

Kallm patted Leone's head. "It sure is." He shuffled a little to get more comfortable, but was careful to ensure Leone was not disturbed. This was nice, and Kallm didn't want to ruin it.

"We ought to be heading off soon. I hope it's not too far. I've had enough travelling for one day, limo or not."

"Eh, I could go for a bit more... only if it's walking though. I haven't been able to stretch my legs in ages... metaphorically, of course." Leone responded, stretching his legs at the end, as if to add emphasis.

He frowned at the head pat, but didn't exactly mind, and continued watching the football game. The Roman team scored a goal against the Venetians, and he quietly hissed.

Krytonus
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Krytonus » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:46 pm

Krytonus wrote:

"Eh, I could go for a bit more... only if it's walking though. I haven't been able to stretch my legs in ages... metaphorically, of course." Leone responded, stretching his legs at the end, as if to add emphasis.

He frowned at the head pat, but didn't exactly mind, and continued watching the football game. The Roman team scored a goal against the Venetians, and he quietly hissed.

"Yeah." Kallm agreed quietly, raising one eyebrow at the goal. He didn't really care, but Leone obviously did. He quickly checked his phone, and set it down again. Nothing good.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 09, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Luminesa » Sun Mar 06, 2016 6:51 pm

Videssos wrote:"I'm from a somewhat obscure city in Baden-Württemberg called Schwarzthal, and yes... you could say that." Alexis' gaze flicked towards the other boy for a moment, and he recalled his earlier thoughts. If I find out more information about the Camarilla's lackeys in this mission, I can complete it with greater efficiency. The more I know about their weaknesses, the easier it shall be to carry out the will of my Mistress. He then introduced a curious tone to his voice as he made a further utterance, though it seemed a tad ...artificial, "Is there anything you'd like to tell me about yourself?"

"Well...I-I'm German too...I'm from Berlin...which is a lot bigger, I guess...I don't know anything about alchemy, but I know about cooking! I actually brought my cookbooks with me. I guess I'm weird like that..."

What're you kidding, Dietrich? You say you're weird, but you're talking to a ghoul! There's a good chance this kid isn't even human, or a kid! You don't even know what sex they are!

That doesn't make them weird, though.

What does that make them, then?

...A lot like me, I guess...Not sure who they are...Not sure...what their purpose in life is...

He seems like he knows his a lot better than you do!

But you don't even know if they're a 'he', you said!

I'm guessing, danggone it!

He shook his head, trying to get the angels on his shoulders to stop yelling at each other so he could think of what to say next. "I like to read about history too! Umm...What kind of music do you like?" he inquired.

There you go. That's a good question.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
Unofficial #1 fan of the Who Dat Nation.
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
faith, hope and love are some good things He gave us...
and the greatest is love."
-Alan Jackson
Help the Ukrainian people, here's some sources!
Help bring home First Nation girls! Now with more ways to help!
Jesus loves all of His children in Eastern Europe - pray for peace.
Pray for Ukraine, Wear Sunflowers In Your Hair

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Mon Mar 07, 2016 11:33 pm

While he sat in Alexis's room, Dietrich watched his teammate with curiosity. If only he had the boldness to ask if Alexis was a boy or a girl, but he didn't. Yet this kid wore a dress, and they had a very petite figure, like a young girl's. Alexis even had a soft, distant voice, like that of a
ghost-girl.

No, they have to be a girl...Alexis must be a girl... he determined.
Catholic, pro-life, and proud of it. I prefer my debates on religion, politics, and sports with some coffee and a little Aquinas and G.K. CHESTERTON here and there. :3
"I'm just a singer of simple songs, I'm not a real political man. I watch CNN, but I'm not sure I can tell you the difference in Iraq and Iran. But I know Jesus, and I talk to God, and I remember this from when I was young:
-Alan Jackson

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:29 pm

Main Penthouse Floor, The Grand Hajiz Resort, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Five Hours After last Scene

Leone was napping comfortably on Kallm's lap in the main room, a slight snore coming from him and drifting in the silence of the apartment, as everyone else was already asleep. What everyone had assumed was sundown had turned out to be sunrise, and now the harsh desert sun rose above the horizon and barely made any impact into the penthouse suites.

The brief whining of a kettle coming to boil could be heard.

And then Nadia came down the stairs, her heels clacking in sharp contrast to the warm, cozy feeling pervading the three floors. She looked at Kallm and Leone, frowning. "Get up, you two lovebirds! Mission time!" she yelled, shaking the Venetian cutpurse when he simply turned his face (Possibly accidently exciting Kallm) away from her shrill voice.

The cat-like rogue roused himself and glared at Nadia. "I heard you, I heard you... just want to..." he trailed off as he looked at where his face had just been.

"Do something inappropriate in the main room with your boyfriend, dear? I wouldn't advise it right now, even if you two want to proclaim your affection just before you die." the sarcastic Arab woman said, cocking a hip. "Now wake up, get up, and get the conference room."

Leone muttered something and finally stood up. He looked down at Kallm, who was still on the couch. "Come on, hun..." he said harshly, with a furious glance at Nadia. "Let's go."

And with that, and a twirl that threw his cat hood down and revealed his mane of wild blonde hair, he made for the stairs.

Second Floor, The Grand Hijazi Resort, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Same Time

Abrir made his way quietly through the carpeted halls, his soft, clothe boots padding against the supple fluff of the ground. He quickly made his way to each room, and knocked on it loudly before opening.

The first room was Estella's.

"Miss Letael? It is time for the mission." Abrir said, his soft, accented voice drifting into the room, but his head kept politely down and barely inside. "Please, get ready and come to the conference room. Refreshments will be provided, so no stops at the kitchen are necessary..."

He then closed the door lightly and moved, with the same shadow-like grace, to Alexis's room. He opened the door after knocking, and, hearing the sound of conversation, he stepped in confidently.

"Miss von Schwarzthal? Ah, and Mr. Knoff. I am pleased to inform you that the briefing is ready, and we are waiting for you upstairs. Please, get ready and move up there. Refreshments will be provided, so there is no need for any stops in the kitchen downstairs." he said, bowing slightly to each of them and backing out of the room without a sound.

He moved again, knocking on Johann's door. "Mr. Larsson? The briefing is about to start. Please, prepare yourself and come as soon as possible." he said simply, after opening the door.

Abrir padded over to the other side of the hall, and up a little, to Alice Blackthorne's room. He knocked loudly, waited a while, and then knocked loudly again before opening the door and sticking his head in, eyes down. "Miss Blackthorne? The mission briefing is going to begin soon. It would be fortuitous if you got ready posthaste and made your way there as you have done so... Of course, Mr. D'Amore will be there, if that provides incentive."

He backed away from the door quickly, hopefully dodging any would-be projectiles, a smirk on his face. I can have fun sometimes... he thought happily to himself.

And then he moved on to the final, and certainly the most difficult, door.

The room of Henry 'The Sleeping Dead' Dremer.

He knocked loudly and opened the door, walking into the room with a smile on his face. "Mr. Dremer? The briefing is about to start, if you would be so kind as to wake up now..."

Abdhul's Tent, Excavation Site, Empty Quarter, Saudi Arabia, Around The Same Time

Abdhul Hashir growled and flipped through more of his books, the glasses on his nose shifting slightly in the sweat on his face. The desert was hot, and not even the native Arab's could withstand its fury for long without perspiring in the bucket load, and the fact that Mr. Hashir was heavier than the average Arab did not help with this.

The cell phone pressed up to his ear was large and bulky, as it need to be to get a signal out in the middle of literal no where. "Yes, I tell you! It was a khafash! No, no! I was not seeing a mirage, fifty other men saw it! It told us to... to 'Turn back'!" the doctor of archaeology exclaimed, the person on the other end of the phone pulling their head back a bit from the volume.

"... No, of course I'm not going to listen! I have to press on! Do you know what could be behind that door!?"

A pause.

"... I know that you have no idea! You're not the archaeologist here! I do, though, and it could make us famous! If only we could get the blasted thing open though."

Abdhul walked impatiently between his fold out cot and his table, the book he was tearing through clutched in one hand, the other holding the phone to his ear.

"And that's why I need you to get those artefacts out here! They're crucial to our mission! From what I've read of these ancient texts... Yes, yes, from the published translations of the ancient texts, excuse me for making my job sound cooler... Anyway! From what I've read, those artefacts might be the key to opening this door, and maybe even disarming any traps they have set in there." Abdhul enthused to his partner, smiling.

City Outskirts, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Same Time

"Fine, fine Abdhul! I'll get you the bloody artefacts, ya bastard..." Edward Hathaway growled into the phone, the eye patched and scarred mercenary walking through a crowded bazaar. "I just hope you know that this will be a very difficult heist... and it will cost more than usual."

He turned down an alleyway as he listened to the response. "Specifically?" the Brit said, mulling over the thought. "Double the usual rate, and I get a... thirty percent cut of the haul from this excavation. It's not highway robbery! It's blackmarket business, baby. Speaking of which... I got things to do. Ta."

Edward flicked his bulkier-than-usual phone off and walked through the sandstone slums of Riyadh, looking around, his eyes roving over people's faces.

And then they struck gold.

He followed his prey, his men hidden in the crowd and, without the prey knowing, forcing their leader's quarry toward a dead end.

The young Israeli woman, one by the name of Atiyya and a well-known women's rights activists, noticed how she was being herded through the streets, subtly but not too subtly, and started picking up speed. In a few seconds, she was running. A few more, and she was sprinting, as the people thinned around her till there was no one but her and her unknown pursuers. Atiyya ran as hard as she could, swearing as she saw the light at the end of the alley that she had gotten away.

It emptied out into a dead-end square of run-down, abandoned hovels.

Atiyya slammed a fist against the wall, and then heard footsteps behind her. She whirled around, determined to look her captor in the eyes before she was knocked out.

Edward smiled at her as their eyes locked. "Hiya." he said, the accent coming out horribly in the Arabic. "My name's almawt."

Atiyya's eyes widened.

All she saw was muzzle flash before the darkness took her.

Edward laughed out loud as the body fell to the ground, and then walked over to it, squatting and picking the corpse up and gripping it in a hug around the shoulders, like a friend would when they were taking a picture.

He took out his phone.

"Say cheese, bounty number fifty seven!" he said, smile on his face and blood on hers.

As he was walking back down the alleyway, Edward looked at the men in black uniforms that walked past him, heading for the body. The smile on his face was grotesque. "Bag 'er and burn 'er boys. And then get a good rest. We gotta heist later tonight!"

The harsh chuckle resounded down the alleyway, and shadow slinked back into the darkness of an awning.

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:46 pm

Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:Abrir padded over to the other side of the hall, and up a little, to Alice Blackthorne's room. He knocked loudly, waited a while, and then knocked loudly again before opening the door and sticking his head in, eyes down. "Miss Blackthorne? The mission briefing is going to begin soon. It would be fortuitous if you got ready posthaste and made your way there as you have done so... Of course, Mr. D'Amore will be there, if that provides incentive."

He backed away from the door quickly, hopefully dodging any would-be projectiles, a smirk on his face. I can have fun sometimes... he thought happily to himself.

She threw something at him, all right.

To be specific, she threw a knife at him.

He had made a very foolish decision by choosing to taunt her in such an area, and had he not backed away so quickly, he would have ended up with a blade in his scalp.

She wasn't pleased, at all.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:03 pm

Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:Main Penthouse Floor, The Grand Hajiz Resort, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Five Hours After last Scene

Leone was napping comfortably on Kallm's lap in the main room, a slight snore coming from him and drifting in the silence of the apartment, as everyone else was already asleep. What everyone had assumed was sundown had turned out to be sunrise, and now the harsh desert sun rose above the horizon and barely made any impact into the penthouse suites.

And then Nadia came down the stairs, her heels clacking in sharp contrast to the warm, cozy feeling pervading the three floors. She looked at Kallm and Leone, frowning. "Get up, you two lovebirds! Mission time!" she yelled, shaking the Venetian cutpurse when he simply turned his face (Possibly accidently exciting Kallm) away from her shrill voice.

The cat-like rogue roused himself and glared at Nadia. "I heard you, I heard you... just want to..." he trailed off as he looked at where his face had just been.

"Do something inappropriate in the main room with your boyfriend, dear? I wouldn't advise it right now, even if you two want to proclaim your affection just before you die." the sarcastic Arab woman said, cocking a hip. "Now wake up, get up, and get the conference room."

Leone muttered something and finally stood up. He looked down at Kallm, who was still on the couch. "Come on, hun..." he said harshly, with a furious glance at Nadia. "Let's go."

And with that, and a twirl that threw his cat hood down and revealed his mane of wild blonde hair, he made for the stairs.

Second Floor, The Grand Hijazi Resort, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Same Time

Abrir made his way quietly through the carpeted halls, his soft, clothe boots padding against the supple fluff of the ground. He quickly made his way to each room, and knocked on it loudly before opening.

The first room was Estella's.

"Miss Letael? It is time for the mission." Abrir said, his soft, accented voice drifting into the room, but his head kept politely down and barely inside. "Please, get ready and come to the conference room. Refreshments will be provided, so no stops at the kitchen are necessary..."

He then closed the door lightly and moved, with the same shadow-like grace, to Alexis's room. He opened the door after knocking, and, hearing the sound of conversation, he stepped in confidently.

"Miss von Schwarzthal? Ah, and Mr. Knoff. I am pleased to inform you that the briefing is ready, and we are waiting for you upstairs. Please, get ready and move up there. Refreshments will be provided, so there is no need for any stops in the kitchen downstairs." he said, bowing slightly to each of them and backing out of the room without a sound.

He moved again, knocking on Johann's door. "Mr. Larsson? The briefing is about to start. Please, prepare yourself and come as soon as possible." he said simply, after opening the door.

Abrir padded over to the other side of the hall, and up a little, to Alice Blackthorne's room. He knocked loudly, waited a while, and then knocked loudly again before opening the door and sticking his head in, eyes down. "Miss Blackthorne? The mission briefing is going to begin soon. It would be fortuitous if you got ready posthaste and made your way there as you have done so... Of course, Mr. D'Amore will be there, if that provides incentive."

And then he moved on to the final, and certainly the most difficult, door.

The room of Henry 'The Sleeping Dead' Dremer.

He knocked loudly and opened the door, walking into the room with a smile on his face. "Mr. Dremer? The briefing is about to start, if you would be so kind as to wake up now..."

Abdhul's Tent, Excavation Site, Empty Quarter, Saudi Arabia, Around The Same Time

Abdhul Hashir growled and flipped through more of his books, the glasses on his nose shifting slightly in the sweat on his face. The desert was hot, and not even the native Arab's could withstand its fury for long without perspiring in the bucket load, and the fact that Mr. Hashir was heavier than the average Arab did not help with this.

The cell phone pressed up to his ear was large and bulky, as it need to be to get a signal out in the middle of literal no where. "Yes, I tell you! It was a khafash! No, no! I was not seeing a mirage, fifty other men saw it! It told us to... to 'Turn back'!" the doctor of archaeology exclaimed, the person on the other end of the phone pulling their head back a bit from the volume.

"... No, of course I'm not going to listen! I have to press on! Do you know what could be behind that door!?"

A pause.

"... I know that you have no idea! You're not the archaeologist here! I do, though, and it could make us famous! If only we could get the blasted thing open though."

Abdhul walked impatiently between his fold out cot and his table, the book he was tearing through clutched in one hand, the other holding the phone to his ear.

"And that's why I need you to get those artefacts out here! They're crucial to our mission! From what I've read of these ancient texts... Yes, yes, from the published translations of the ancient texts, excuse me for making my job sound cooler... Anyway! From what I've read, those artefacts might be the key to opening this door, and maybe even disarming any traps they have set in there." Abdhul enthused to his partner, smiling.

City Outskirts, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Same Time

"Fine, fine Abdhul! I'll get you the bloody artefacts, ya bastard..." Edward Hathaway growled into the phone, the eye patched and scarred mercenary walking through a crowded bazaar. "I just hope you know that this will be a very difficult heist... and it will cost more than usual."

He turned down an alleyway as he listened to the response. "Specifically?" the Brit said, mulling over the thought. "Double the usual rate, and I get a... thirty percent cut of the haul from this excavation. It's not highway robbery! It's blackmarket business, baby. Speaking of which... I got things to do. Ta."

Edward flicked his bulkier-than-usual phone off and walked through the sandstone slums of Riyadh, looking around, his eyes roving over people's faces.

And then they struck gold.

He followed his prey, his men hidden in the crowd and, without the prey knowing, forcing their leader's quarry toward a dead end.

The young Israeli woman, one by the name of Atiyya and a well-known women's rights activists, noticed how she was being herded through the streets, subtly but not too subtly, and started picking up speed. In a few seconds, she was running. A few more, and she was sprinting, as the people thinned around her till there was no one but her and her unknown pursuers. Atiyya ran as hard as she could, swearing as she saw the light at the end of the alley that she had gotten away.

It emptied out into a dead-end square of run-down, abandoned hovels.

Atiyya slammed a fist against the wall, and then heard footsteps behind her. She whirled around, determined to look her captor in the eyes before she was knocked out.

Edward smiled at her as their eyes locked. "Hiya." he said, the accent coming out horribly in the Arabic. "My name's almawt."

Atiyya's eyes widened.

All she saw was muzzle flash before the darkness took her.

Edward laughed out loud as the body fell to the ground, and then walked over to it, squatting and picking the corpse up and gripping it in a hug around the shoulders, like a friend would when they were taking a picture.

He took out his phone.

"Say cheese, bounty number fifty seven!" he said, smile on his face and blood on hers.

As he was walking back down the alleyway, Edward looked at the men in black uniforms that walked past him, heading for the body. The smile on his face was grotesque. "Bag 'er and burn 'er boys. And then get a good rest. We gotta heist later tonight!"

The harsh chuckle resounded down the alleyway, and shadow slinked back into the darkness of an awning.

Dietrich hadn't realized that he had fallen asleep at the foot of Alexis's bed. They had been talking during the day, and he had gotten so tired he had simply fallen asleep. Alexis had left him there while he had gone to read, and when Dietrich sat up from his spot at the corner of the bed, he freaked-out.

"A-Ah! A-Alexis! I-I...I'm...I-I-I-I'm so sorry...I should have gone back to my room, but I-I...I-I fell asleep in your room, I'm so sorry! Agh, now we gotta hurry or we'll be late! Where's my phone, where's my phone..." He then felt something hard in his back pocket, and he pulled out his phone-which was luckily perfectly intact. Unfortunately, it wasn't fully-charged.

And he had a missed call from his Mistress.

Oh no...She's going to be upset when I call her again...She probably thinks something's happened to me... he thought, grimly. When his Mistress was upset or angry, she was vocal about it. So now he knew he was in for an earful. I'll have to answer it later, though, he thought. He put it back in his pocket, and then hurried to his room to go brush his teeth, comb his hair, and change into some fresh clothes (making sure to take out his phone as he did so.) When he had done all this, he charged out of his room to go to wherever the team had to meet.
Last edited by Luminesa on Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.
-Alan Jackson

The Flame Dawn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Flame Dawn » Tue Mar 08, 2016 6:24 pm

"Give me a second," Estella groaned as she rolled off of her bed and landed onto the floor with a dull thud, she rose from the floor, stretching as she walked over to her bag and put on a pair of casual clothes, she also took her whip and buckled it to her waist.

"I wonder what that cat pervert is up to right about now," she thought to herself as she made her way to conference room, a slight sway to her movements
Rest In Peace : Kumigawa
Krytonus wrote:"Oh, Honey Boo-Boo is a disease," he laughed.

New Strausberg wrote:
Prumia wrote:This is a horrible place to live! The mortals are doomed!

Not on my watch your anal virgitnty is safe with me!
Economic Left/Right: -6.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05
You are a: Socialist Humanist Liberal
Collectivism score: 67%
Authoritarianism score: 0%
Internationalism score: 0%
Tribalism score: -67%
Liberalism score: 33%

Hey everyone, we're looking for people who want to join Winterfell! A fun Anime, Game of Thrones, and Roleplay region.

Krytonus
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Krytonus » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:59 am

Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:Main Penthouse Floor, The Grand Hajiz Resort, Riyadh, Saudi Arabia, Five Hours After last Scene

Kallm, although he had not been tired, had eventually found himself drifting off, considering the warmth and stillness of the situation. He was a quiet sleeper, and though he occasionally moved in his sleep, his movements were too subtle to bother the Venetian on his lap. It was very peaceful.

And then, it wasn't. Kallm woke with a slight jolt as a sharp female voice pierced the silence, cascading around the room and bouncing off the walls, amplifying it. Kallm groaned and glanced down, where he noticed Leone was, for some reason, nuzzling into his crotch. The sudden attention woke Kallm up in more ways than one, but luckily before anything arose of it Leone was up and walking away. At this point, Kallm tuned in to what the voice was actually saying.

"We weren't- I mean we're not- Oh, whatever. We're coming." Kallm sighed, exasperated. He stretched, and quickly pulled on his leather jacket. His other problem had thankfully sorted itself out and Kallm was confident that nobody had noticed anyway. He grabbed his phone, sliding it into his pocket and followed the others, wiping the sleep from his eyes. As he set off behind the others, Kallm noted that Leone had taken off the hood. He looked good. Kallm felt a slight redness on his face, but ignored it. As they reached his room, Kallm turned, heading in.

"Uh, I need to grab something in my room! I'll see you guys in a second!" he announced over his shoulder as he entered. He closed the door with a resounding click and reached for his duffel bag, which was sitting on the floor. He quickly unzipped it, grabbing two strange leather satchels, bulky and oddly-shaped. He shrugged off his jacket, revealing a plain purple v-neck and fastened the bags to either side of his torso underneath his arms. After checking they were in place, Kallm next pulled out a sheathed knife, slightly smaller than a machete but still imposing, even sheathed. The hilt was made of fine wood and accented with brass, with a leather handle. The sheath itself was also made of leather - somewhat plain, but useful. Kallm looped it into his belt, ensuring it was secure and grabbed one last thing from his bag - a packet of Werther's Original Butterscotch Candies. He secured those next to one of the satchels strapped to his torso, on the left. Satisfied, Kallm pulled on his jacket again, making sure the satchels didn't ruin his frame and sprinted out to the conference room.

"Sorry, had to grab some... Uh, stuff." Kallm explained, leaning against a wall.
Last edited by Krytonus on Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:41 pm

Krytonus wrote:

Kallm, although he had not been tired, had eventually found himself drifting off, considering the warmth and stillness of the situation. He was a quiet sleeper, and though he occasionally moved in his sleep, his movements were too subtle to bother the Venetian on his lap. It was very peaceful.

And then, it wasn't. Kallm woke with a slight jolt as a sharp female voice pierced the silence, cascading around the room and bouncing off the walls, amplifying it. Kallm groaned and glanced down, where he noticed Leone was, for some reason, nuzzling into his crotch. The sudden attention woke Kallm up in more ways than one, but luckily before anything arose of it Leone was up and walking away. At this point, Kallm tuned in to what the voice was actually saying.

"We weren't- I mean we're not- Oh, whatever. We're coming." Kallm sighed, exasperated. He stretched, and quickly pulled on his leather jacket. His other problem had thankfully sorted itself out and Kallm was confident that nobody had noticed anyway. He grabbed his phone, sliding it into his pocket and followed the others, wiping the sleep from his eyes. As he set off behind the others, Kallm noted that Leone had taken off the hood. He looked good. Kallm felt a slight redness on his face, but ignored it. As they reached his room, Kallm turned, heading in.

"Uh, I need to grab something in my room! I'll see you guys in a second!" he announced over his shoulder as he entered. He closed the door with a resounding click and reached for his duffel bag, which was sitting on the floor. He quickly unzipped it, grabbing two strange leather satchels, bulky and oddly-shaped. He shrugged off his jacket, revealing a plain purple v-neck and fastened the bags to either side of his torso underneath his arms. After checking they were in place, Kallm next pulled out a sheathed knife, slightly smaller than a machete but still imposing, even sheathed. The hilt was made of fine wood and accented with brass, with a leather handle. The sheath itself was also made of leather - somewhat plain, but useful. Kallm looped it into his belt, ensuring it was secure and grabbed one last thing from his bag - a packet of Werther's Original Butterscotch Candies. He secured those next to one of the satchels strapped to his torso, on the left. Satisfied, Kallm pulled on his jacket again, making sure the satchels didn't ruin his frame and sprinted out to the conference room.

"Sorry, had to grab some... Uh, stuff." Kallm explained, leaning against a wall.

Dietrich saw him in the main room, and he questioned, "You're gonna wear a jacket in the desert?" he asked, shocked. "You won't be miserable in that?"
-Alan Jackson

Krytonus
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Krytonus » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:52 pm

Luminesa wrote:
Krytonus wrote:

Dietrich saw him in the main room, and he questioned, "You're gonna wear a jacket in the desert?" he asked, shocked. "You won't be miserable in that?"

Kallm raised one eyebrow and smirked.

"Well, that's what you would think, my friend. However, there is method to my madness." He cleared his throat dramatically, a gleam in his eye.

"We are in search of a city underground, yes? Therefore, most of this expedition will be underground rather than on the desert. Secondly, we will be travelling at night, and as we all know, desert nights are cold. Additionally, I have things under this jacket that need to be stored somewhere. And finally, it's very fashionable. So now, I ask you, dear fool," Kallm thrust his hand forward and pointed at Dietrich. "Why aren't you wearing a jacket?" He flashed a grin and retracted his hand, plunging it and his other hand into his (jacket) pockets.
Last edited by Krytonus on Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Luminesa
Khan of Spam

Postby Luminesa » Wed Mar 09, 2016 3:15 pm

Krytonus wrote:
Luminesa wrote:

Kallm raised one eyebrow and smirked.

"Well, that's what you would think, my friend. However, there is method to my madness." He cleared his throat dramatically, a gleam in his eye.

"We are in search of a city underground, yes? Therefore, most of this expedition will be underground rather than on the desert. Secondly, we will be travelling at night, and as we all know, desert nights are cold. Additionally, I have things under this jacket that need to be stored somewhere. And finally, it's very fashionable. So now, I ask you, dear fool," Kallm thrust his hand forward and pointed at Dietrich. "Why aren't you wearing a jacket?" He flashed a grin retracted his hand, plunging them into his (jacket) pockets.

"...U-Um...I-I have one...I could go get it, but...since I'm already here...I-I don't wanna be late...so I think I'll be okay...Um...What's your name again?" Dietrich asked, nervously. Kallm looked a lot more intimidating to him than Alexis did. Which was, again, strange.

He's another teenage boy, like me. What is wrong with me? he thought, sweating as he overthought his reaction.
-Alan Jackson

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse