NATION

PASSWORD

Vampire: The Masquerade - Arabian Nights [IC][DEAD]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Tue Mar 01, 2016 8:51 pm

Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:
Johann looked at the man, from bottom to top. Hmm, he looks like me. A ghoul. Or just a very loyal and brainwashed human? No idea. though Johann on his mind. He answered him, "Oh, yes, yes I am. Sorry, I was late. My master hasn't gives answer yet, too, so you know, permission to go is kind of being on hold," quipped Johann quite well.

"May I come in, then?"

"Actually, you are not late, sir." the South African butler said, opening the door fully and letting Johann in. "You are the first one here, besides Mr. Harmon. Strangely, it would seem the rest of the group hasnot arrived yet. Traffic is a good possibility, though." he said.

The penthouse was spectacularly decorated, and obviously meant for high-society. The couches and furniture in the main room were made of expensive leather and animal fur, with the throw pillows and other accessories being made exclusively from... tiger fur? It was certainly fancy.

And gigantic. The main room was obviously the main, with the entire wall in front of Johann being made of tinted glass and showing the skyline, including the near sunset. Above him was three more floors of rooms, the first two consisting of almost entirely bedrooms and washrooms. The top floor was smaller than the rest and held the board/meeting room.

Charlia wrote:"Her name's Mary Redwater," she said with a smile. "She's a Toreador. What about your master?"

She noticed the cuteness, but tried to ignore it. Oh, no. No falling for anyone. Not now, not ever.

"Toreador? The ones that get distracted by every pr-"

He broke off looking in fake, and cute, awe at a shiny thing, much like a Toreador would do. He chuckled a few seconds later, coming out of the satire, shaking his head. The ear popped up again, making his green eyes look more mischievous than anything. "Anyway, my master is Severus de Lucca, the 'Shadow King of Venice'... He's a Ravnos."

She shook her head as well, saying, "She's not like that," and then paused.

"A... A Ravnos? I thought I remembered you implying that, but..." Her eyes grew worried, and a little scared.

"What's he like?"

Free Empire of the Low Isles
Post Marshal

Founded: Oct 20, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:02 pm

Charlia wrote:
"Actually, you are not late, sir." the South African butler said, opening the door fully and letting Johann in. "You are the first one here, besides Mr. Harmon. Strangely, it would seem the rest of the group hasnot arrived yet. Traffic is a good possibility, though." he said.

The penthouse was spectacularly decorated, and obviously meant for high-society. The couches and furniture in the main room were made of expensive leather and animal fur, with the throw pillows and other accessories being made exclusively from... tiger fur? It was certainly fancy.

And gigantic. The main room was obviously the main, with the entire wall in front of Johann being made of tinted glass and showing the skyline, including the near sunset. Above him was three more floors of rooms, the first two consisting of almost entirely bedrooms and washrooms. The top floor was smaller than the rest and held the board/meeting room.

"Toreador? The ones that get distracted by every pr-"

He broke off looking in fake, and cute, awe at a shiny thing, much like a Toreador would do. He chuckled a few seconds later, coming out of the satire, shaking his head. The ear popped up again, making his green eyes look more mischievous than anything. "Anyway, my master is Severus de Lucca, the 'Shadow King of Venice'... He's a Ravnos."

She shook her head as well, saying, "She's not like that," and then paused.

"A... A Ravnos? I thought I remembered you implying that, but..." Her eyes grew worried, and a little scared.

"What's he like?"

Leone tapped his chin, his green eyes looking up at the ceiling as it steadily rose higher. He thought back to his master, and the time spent with him. A lot of darkened rooms, and shady clubs. Broken in houses.

A bed, once.

"He's... Flamboyant." Leone said, finally. "Out there, has a flair for the dramatic. Likes dressing up for occasions. Any occasion. Hmm... Mainly, the only thing other than that that I can think of is 'thief'."

He leaned back against the wall and looked her in the eyes, a brief flash of something behind his own, like a bright fish or a shark beneath verdant waters. "The thing about the Ravnos is that they always have... Tick. A thing they have to do, a crime they're addicted to doing. For Severus, it's stealing. For the one you know... It was... What he did to you."
"Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth in the least space." - Orson Scott Card

"Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken" - Orson Scott Card

"There are no happy endings, because nothing ever ends." - Schmendrick the Magician

"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

An Egalitarian, humanist, and a member of the glorious Kekistani people!

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:13 pm

Charlia wrote:She shook her head as well, saying, "She's not like that," and then paused.

"What's he like?"

Leone tapped his chin, his green eyes looking up at the ceiling as it steadily rose higher. He thought back to his master, and the time spent with him. A lot of darkened rooms, and shady clubs. Broken in houses.

A bed, once.

"He's... Flamboyant." Leone said, finally. "Out there, has a flair for the dramatic. Likes dressing up for occasions. Any occasion. Hmm... Mainly, the only thing other than that that I can think of is 'thief'."

He leaned back against the wall and looked her in the eyes, a brief flash of something behind his own, like a bright fish or a shark beneath verdant waters. "The thing about the Ravnos is that they always have... Tick. A thing they have to do, a crime they're addicted to doing. For Severus, it's stealing. For the one you know... It was... What he did to you."

She slumped slightly in a gesture of relief. "Oh... just a thief, thank goodness... When I heard he was of the same clan, I worried that his vice was... you know."

She closed her eyes tightly. I'm not going to think about the pain. I won't. I won't!

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:16 pm

Charlia wrote:

A bed, once.

She slumped slightly in a gesture of relief. "Oh... just a thief, thank goodness... When I heard he was of the same clan, I worried that his vice was... you know."

She closed her eyes tightly. I'm not going to think about the pain. I won't. I won't!

Leone put a hand on her cheek and made her look toward him. "Open your eyes and look at me." he said quietly.

His eyes, green and large and vibrant against his slightly tanned skin, looked into hers with deep concern. "Don't ever block out the world to block out the pain. That's just shutting you and the pain away from those that can help you. When you start thinking about it, look around and find something to distract you. It's a good strategy."

His hand was warm, and dry against her cheek, slight callouses on them from lock picks and knives, from the tools his used.
"Metaphors have a way of holding the most truth in the least space." - Orson Scott Card

"Among my most prized possessions are words that I have never spoken" - Orson Scott Card

"There are no happy endings, because nothing ever ends." - Schmendrick the Magician

"I never submitted the whole system of my opinions to the creed of any party of men whatever in religion, in philosophy, in politics, or in anything else where I was capable of thinking for myself. Such an addiction is the last degradation of a free and moral agent." - Thomas Jefferson

"You don't write because you want to say something, you write because you have something to say." - F. Scott Fitzgerald

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:26 pm

Charlia wrote:She slumped slightly in a gesture of relief. "Oh... just a thief, thank goodness... When I heard he was of the same clan, I worried that his vice was... you know."

Leone put a hand on her cheek and made her look toward him. "Open your eyes and look at me." he said quietly.

His eyes, green and large and vibrant against his slightly tanned skin, looked into hers with deep concern. "Don't ever block out the world to block out the pain. That's just shutting you and the pain away from those that can help you. When you start thinking about it, look around and find something to distract you. It's a good strategy."

His hand was warm, and dry against her cheek, slight callouses on them from lock picks and knives, from the tools his used.

She lowered her eyes instinctively, having had a hard time meeting people's eyes since that horrible night.

"...Why?" she asked softly. "Why do you care so much? We just met, and already you're being kinder than people I've known for years. Why is that?"

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:33 pm

Charlia wrote:

She lowered her eyes instinctively, having had a hard time meeting people's eyes since that horrible night.

"...Why?" she asked softly. "Why do you care so much? We just met, and already you're being kinder than people I've known for years. Why is that?"

Leone looked at her and frowned, trying to think of a reason. This, mainly, brought him back to think on his past, on his own life.

His time in the orphanage and how everyone was cruel to him just because his father had been mafia and his mother a whore. How he never made friends, and spent his days hiding and moving about the halls unseen, just to stay away from the bullies and thugs of the other orphans.

The time he spent on the streets, learning his craft as a thief, learning how to protect himself and earn a living through dishonest business. The first time someone caught him, and nearly cut off his finger for taking a small bill.

His horrible, horrible life, and how he had been trodden upon for something he couldn't be helped. How he had internalized that pain, and how it only made it worse.

And how his master, the self-proclaimed 'Shadow King' had helped him, even if it was only for his own selfish purposes.

"I guess... I want you to have the chance I never had... To find help with this... Unconditionally."

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:38 pm

Charlia wrote:She lowered her eyes instinctively, having had a hard time meeting people's eyes since that horrible night.

Leone looked at her and frowned, trying to think of a reason. This, mainly, brought him back to think on his past, on his own life.

His time in the orphanage and how everyone was cruel to him just because his father had been mafia and his mother a whore. How he never made friends, and spent his days hiding and moving about the halls unseen, just to stay away from the bullies and thugs of the other orphans.

The time he spent on the streets, learning his craft as a thief, learning how to protect himself and earn a living through dishonest business. The first time someone caught him, and nearly cut off his finger for taking a small bill.

His horrible, horrible life, and how he had been trodden upon for something he couldn't be helped. How he had internalized that pain, and how it only made it worse.

And how his master, the self-proclaimed 'Shadow King' had helped him, even if it was only for his own selfish purposes.

"I guess... I want you to have the chance I never had... To find help with this... Unconditionally."

She stared at him in surprise, and remembered her own life.

Growing up happy and surrounded by friends, being utterly spoiled by her parents.

And then one night finding herself brutally assaulted and left for dead, becoming the servant of a vampire and losing everything.

And yet gaining so much more...

"Thank you," she whispered, and hugged him tightly.

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Tue Mar 01, 2016 9:43 pm

Charlia wrote:

She stared at him in surprise, and remembered her own life.

Growing up happy and surrounded by friends, being utterly spoiled by her parents.

And then one night finding herself brutally assaulted and left for dead, becoming the servant of a vampire and losing everything.

And yet gaining so much more...

"Thank you," she whispered, and hugged him tightly.

Leone looked down at Alice for a few moments, his arms stretched away from him as she hugged him, the man looking extremely awkward.

He was not used to receiving kindness, and found it usually distasteful, but right now... For some reason, he felt compelled to reciprocate.

So, he did, hugging her lightly back, resting his head lightly on hers. "You are welcome, Cuscina."

Videssos
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 14, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Videssos » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:32 am

Alexis moved in the wake of the others, leaving the limo as they did, and likewise continued as Hajiz led them towards the hotel, before drawing to a halt when introduced to their new commander. His mind temporarily flickered back to the journey, and he recalled that one of the others had been staring at him, as if enraptured, for some part of the trip. As he moved, he felt the Arabian sun shine down upon his form, and his particular choice of clothing, in the form of the white dress with a sun hat, proved to be not particularly unsuited to the climate, even if it was a bit overly elaborate, and perhaps a bit more heavy than traditional light desert garb. The deceptively feminine ghoul maintained his usual, vaguely amused expression when the commander, who made it rather obvious that he was a soldier, projected an air that very likely belied his true feelings regarding them. A brief glance at the others, and it was obvious. The man probably didn't want to deal with a bunch of "kids".

When the man remarked about wearing hijabs, he knew that the remark probably included himself. After all, the great majority of people assumed him to be a girl, and usually a relatively young one at that, and although it was sometimes difficult to place his age, their guesses generally veered somewhere in the teens. Alexis simply remained quiet for the time, however, since he usually let such misconceptions remain as they were. His own experience in the second world war, combined with that which he had learnt and done in the time since, made him probably more qualified than their commander, though the man obviously didn't know that. Of course, he too could be older than his forty-something appearance suggested, though Alexis had a feeling he was just a normal American soldier. At the very least, normal as in human.

His presence there implied that his line of work wasn't quite so normal, if the whole "working for vampires" thing was considered unusual. Alexis, on the other hand, was probably sixty years their commander's senior, though one wouldn't guess that so easily. The ghoul wasn't an egotistical or arrogant sort, so he probably would have been the last person to try and wave that around as a point of superiority or something like that. His past was also tied to his mistress, and if a curious someone with the right resources looked into it, they would undoubtedly find out, eventually, that he was of the Sabbat, rather than the Camarilla. Then they would seek to end him. Alas, his past was best kept, for the most part, quiet. Once that little encounter was dealt with, Alexis continued, following Nadia and Abrir as they brought the group towards the elevators.
|Now a member of Mirakai's harem|
A little bird told me, "Go, Go! Socialise! Talk to those fine people! And then, KILL EVERY LAST ONE OF THEM! Plunge your knife into their throats when they ain't lookin', and then burn 'em to the ground!"
Well that's silly, isn't it?
"Winter is coming" - Stark motto.
Syrio Forel- "What do we say to the god of death?"
Arya Stark- "Not today"
Syrio Forel- "All men are made of water, do you know this? If you pierce them, the water leaks out and they die."
My Underworld RP ----> Here <~~~ My RP

Krytonus
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Krytonus » Wed Mar 02, 2016 1:49 am

Upon further inspection of their new leader, Kallm decided that he was a good choice. He was older, at least in appearance than the others, yet he still seemed to be in peak condition. As he suspected, he was military. The Order of the Caine, no less. He didn't need to jog his memory to remember them. His master was quite vocal about his distaste of them. Even if he was technically Camarilla, he did share his Clan's pride and distaste in humans doing a vampire's work. And all to keep up the Masquerade. Despite this, Kallm decided to put his trust into the man. He had faith that he would be able to lead the group well and ensure the mission went smoothly. He said nothing more as they moved further in the hotel.

Kallm surprisingly stayed quiet as they made their way through the hotel. Although he was still astounded by the rising marble columns, tinted glass walls and the smattering of golden trinkets and ornaments, he knew better than to vocalise his amazement for fear of coming off as completely unaware and naive. Now was the time to stay quiet and do as one was told. He walked alone, quietly admiring his surroundings but keeping at a brisk pace. The Venetian and one of the girls had started a conversation. Kallm felt it wrong to interject, but instead listened in quietly.

A Toreador and a Ravnos. Interesting.

It piqued Kallm's interest to see a variety of different clans working together. He made sure to fill his master in when he returned.

If he returned.

He shrugged off the thought and shuffled into the elevator, quiet but with a polite smile, allowing the others in first and only entering when everybody else was in.
The Irishman who doesn't drink, nursing a Pepsi in the corner of The Pub.

I thought I made a mistake once, but I was wrong.

The Flame Dawn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Flame Dawn » Wed Mar 02, 2016 6:42 am

"Well I'm in service to an Assamite and I'm proud of it," she said with a wide though sleepy grin on her face as she walked into the elevator, "better to be in service to a clan from your region than one that's abroad if you ask me."

She never really understood what the other clans were, her mistress preferred to have her work on her aim rather than teach her about the other vampire clans. All she knew what that each were different from each other and none were more alien than the Assamite, having been the only clan in the area for centuries.

"I wonder what my mistress has for me," she thought to herself as she began to fidget, "I hope it's the assassination gear, but it would be hard to get it into the country... I think?"
Rest In Peace : Kumigawa
Krytonus wrote:"Oh, Honey Boo-Boo is a disease," he laughed.

New Strausberg wrote:
Prumia wrote:This is a horrible place to live! The mortals are doomed!

Not on my watch your anal virgitnty is safe with me!
Economic Left/Right: -6.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05
You are a: Socialist Humanist Liberal
Collectivism score: 67%
Authoritarianism score: 0%
Internationalism score: 0%
Tribalism score: -67%
Liberalism score: 33%

Hey everyone, we're looking for people who want to join Winterfell! A fun Anime, Game of Thrones, and Roleplay region.

Cylarn
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Wed Mar 02, 2016 8:13 am

I watch on as my senior cohorts escort the team to their rooms, pivoting to observe them. I raised my eyebrow at the gender-fluid male as he passed by me. With his physique, his feminine mannerisms and style of clothing, he was poised to fool any a man who didn't possess a formidable degree of observation. I could notice the slightest peculiar features of the male; the wideness of his shoulders and the structure of his face, both of which, if observed with enough objection into male and female figures, could betray his true gender. I saw something else, too. I saw that he was concealing something, deep with his character. Appearance factored into intimidation; his was subtle, the kind that could get you to let your guard down.

They were young, but nevertheless, I had to be careful. Arrogance was what killed unit cohesion. I had to muster the motivation, the motivation to assume the control and well-being of this group of youngsters. I had an opportunity to train and prepare these young ones for more sensitive assignments, because it wasn't all that often that rank-and-file Kine servants served alongside MOC operators in operations.

As they departed into the elevator, I took the stairs. It was lengthy, almost tiring. I wondered if Daryl - the only member of my family that I kept in contact with - could make it up stairs. I saw his picture in the local newspaper, having been in central North Carolina on assignment. He and his drug dog had made a big bust during a traffic stop, and the news had a photo of him pacing around the scene. He was fit, but a bit round. Being a cop tended to do make people fat. I chuckled at the thought of racing Daryl up a flight of skyscraper stairs.

I controlled my breathing and my movements, not expending more energy than I needed to. I didn't need to get all sweaty, not right now. I made it to our floor and opened the door, re-entering the headquarters of my unit. I knew that Nadia and Abrir were waiting for me in the boardroom. I knew of them both: operators attached to the Middle Eastern MOC. They were both Saudi, but my guess was that only Abrir got his experience in Saudi Arabia's armed forces; to the best of my knowledge, the Saudis didn't really give women too many opportunities in the armed forces. She might've been an Israeli Arab, for all I knew. By my reasoning, the best bet for an Arab female to live out her military fantasies was to join the Israeli Defense Forces and suck up the prejudice from her Jewish colleagues. Regardless of their backgrounds, they were competent professionals by all accounts.

I entered the boardroom and opened the door, finding them both waiting for me. I walked forward, giving them each a handshake as a sign of respect, but not the hug, given that I did not know them well. I got them both within my line of sight, and addressed them in a Western manner. They had been within the Camarilla long enough to accept and embrace Western customs and courtesies.

"I want dossiers of each and every one of those operatives," he ordered. "I have reason to suspect that these particular individuals are not up to such a sensitive task as the one that we have been assigned. Are there any confirmed Sabbat hives nearby? What about Caitiff? We need to know if our team is up to our current task, and an enemy hideout would be a suitable proving ground to ascertain whether or not we are sufficient for our primary task."
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Wed Mar 02, 2016 10:31 am

The main group of operatives had been escorted into the main room of the penthouse suites, and the. Summarily left by Nadia and Abrir as they went up to the board room for the pre-briefing briefing. The South African butler appeared soon after that, carrying platter of refreshments. He bowed lightly to the group of young men and women, Johann now numbering as one of them.

"Good morning, sirs and madames. I am David Young, the main caretaker of these suites. I have refreshments for those of you that are more adapted to the time zone change, and for those of that are not, I have been instructed that you have been given five hours to rest before the mission briefing." the butler said, straightening.

He gestured with his free hand. "The two floors directly above us are exclusively bedrooms, and the top floor is the board room. On the main floor, here, is the kitchen, lobby, living room, and game room. Please, feel free to use them in your five hours of rest."

The butler left, carefully placing the platter on a nearby table, and disappeared into the back of the room.

Leone glanced around at the room, feeling only slightly better. "Well then... Rooms first?" he said to the rest of the group.

Board Room, Minutes Later

Abrir and Nadia nodded at Harmon, understanding his sentiment. "Nadia, if you would be so kind as to grab Mr. Harmon the laptop..." Abrir said, gesturing to the door.

Nadia nodded, stood up, and left.

Abrir looked at Harmon. "A Sabbat den, then? Hmm... No, I don't believe so. Caitiff, we'll have to look into. I understand your sentiment about wanting to test your team though, but please understand, we would not give you a team that would not be able to complete the mission."

Krytonus
Minister

Founded: Feb 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Krytonus » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:26 pm

Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:The main group of operatives had been escorted into the main room of the penthouse suites, and the. Summarily left by Nadia and Abrir as they went up to the board room for the pre-briefing briefing. The South African butler appeared soon after that, carrying platter of refreshments. He bowed lightly to the group of young men and women, Johann now numbering as one of them.

"Good morning, sirs and madames. I am David Young, the main caretaker of these suites. I have refreshments for those of you that are more adapted to the time zone change, and for those of that are not, I have been instructed that you have been given five hours to rest before the mission briefing." the butler said, straightening.

He gestured with his free hand. "The two floors directly above us are exclusively bedrooms, and the top floor is the board room. On the main floor, here, is the kitchen, lobby, living room, and game room. Please, feel free to use them in your five hours of rest."

The butler left, carefully placing the platter on a nearby table, and disappeared into the back of the room.

Leone glanced around at the room, feeling only slightly better. "Well then... Rooms first?" he said to the rest of the group.

Abrir and Nadia nodded at Harmon, understanding his sentiment. "Nadia, if you would be so kind as to grab Mr. Harmon the laptop..." Abrir said, gesturing to the door.

Abrir looked at Harmon. "A Sabbat den, then? Hmm... No, I don't believe so. Caitiff, we'll have to look into. I understand your sentiment about wanting to test your team though, but please understand, we would not give you a team that would not be able to complete the mission."

Kallm was again, quiet (but excited) as they entered the penthouse. Once again he found himself spellbound with his surroundings. The penthouse had a large open floorplan, allowing the owner to fully display his wealth and power as soon as one entered. Kallm felt inferior even to step foot on the carpet, which was undoubtedly more expensive than everything he had ever owned. Fine paintings lined the walls and fanciful but tasteful chandeliers loomed above. It was too large, in Kallm's opinion, but he couldn't help but be amazed by the floor-to-ceiling window. Tinted enough for vampires, naturally, yet it had been crafted in such a way as to also permit a view unlike any Kallm had ever seen. The entire cityscape of Riyadh was laid out before him, as if being offered to him on a silver platter. The fading sun was sinking lazily behind the city and unto the sandy horizon, painting the sky a rich blood-orange.

Funny. Of course the sky is blood orange tonight. It's as if the very sky is heeding a warning.

Kallm kept towards the back of the group, half-listening while he eyed the skyline. It was a sight so perfect he wished never to leave it. Perhaps he could just stand here forever and marvel at the Earth's beauty.

What naive dreams I have.

Kallm shrugged off his silly thoughts like water off a duck's back and turned away from the sky. He could not look at the sky forever. With a quiet sigh, he returned his attention back towards the group. A well-dressed dark-skinned man (a butler?) was approaching them with a tray of refreshments. The glasses, again were of incredible craftsmanship, possibly even from Venice, much like the thief. They were intricately carved with detailed swirls and patterns, and the crystalline glass soaked up the dying light of the sun, tinted a deep orange-now-turning-red. Next to the glasses were a variety of drinks. Soft drinks, Fiji water, the like. He noticed a distinct lack of alcohol, which was fine with him. He didn't drink anyway.

Kallm returned the bow from the butler, becoming more used to the customs of the region and took a cold can of Sprite. He sighed with relief as he pressed the aluminum can to his brow, immediately cooling himself down. He cracked it open with a hiss and took a quick swig. The cold soda was like elixir, and he sighed again.

He turned to Leone as he spoke.

"Of course rooms first!" He laughed. "I cannot wait to see what the showers are like in this place."
The Irishman who doesn't drink, nursing a Pepsi in the corner of The Pub.

I thought I made a mistake once, but I was wrong.

The Flame Dawn
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Flame Dawn » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:35 pm

Estella looked around the very impressive as she walked around, running her hand along the couch and amazed at how comfortable it felt to the hand. If it were just a nice apartment she would gleefully have volunteered to sleep on the couch, which made her even more excited for the bedrooms. Enough to make her ignore the various refreshments and drinks, which she admittedly could use.

"I hope it's as nice as these couches," she said in response to Kallm when said how much he was looking forward to the showers, "if not then I guess I'll just move out here."

She couldn't help but giggle at her own comment, her sleep fleeing from the sheer energy brought on by her newly-found excitement for what was to come
Last edited by The Flame Dawn on Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rest In Peace : Kumigawa
Krytonus wrote:"Oh, Honey Boo-Boo is a disease," he laughed.

New Strausberg wrote:
Prumia wrote:This is a horrible place to live! The mortals are doomed!

Not on my watch your anal virgitnty is safe with me!
Economic Left/Right: -6.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -2.05
You are a: Socialist Humanist Liberal
Collectivism score: 67%
Authoritarianism score: 0%
Internationalism score: 0%
Tribalism score: -67%
Liberalism score: 33%

Hey everyone, we're looking for people who want to join Winterfell! A fun Anime, Game of Thrones, and Roleplay region.

The Assorted Saharan Outposts
Minister

Founded: Dec 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Assorted Saharan Outposts » Wed Mar 02, 2016 12:37 pm

Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:The main group of operatives had been escorted into the main room of the penthouse suites, and the. Summarily left by Nadia and Abrir as they went up to the board room for the pre-briefing briefing. The South African butler appeared soon after that, carrying platter of refreshments. He bowed lightly to the group of young men and women, Johann now numbering as one of them.

Henry had followed the others into the penthouse suite area and looked around, rather impressed by the decorations here that would make even his master, who was rather into home design and decoration, rather impressed. Of course, nothing could beat his master's home. Mostly because he was there, really. If his master wasn't there, the home would be rather sull and boring. Well, in Henry's opinion it would be, but that's enough talk about his master. He wasn't here right now, so there was no need to talk about him.

Henry looked at the tray of refreshments and shrugged before grabbing a glass of water and taking a sip. Ah, room temperature. It wasn't cold enough to wake him up, and it wasn't warm enough to make him even more sleepy than he was before. It was perfect. "Hey, thanks dude." He said with a smal nod towards the man who served them before taking another sip of his water. Yeah, this was alriight. After this, Henry turned to the Venetian and nodded. "Yeah, going to our rooms would be nice. I can't wait to see the beds. I bet they're so soft..."
RP Types I Enjoy: God RPs (anything involving deities), alt history, medieval.
Just call me Sahara
Feel free to telegram me whenever you want. I'd love to chat!

⚧Copy and paste this in your sig if you passed biology and know gender and sex aren't the same thing ⚧

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:39 pm

Everyone was reacting so excitedly to the rooms. Alice? Well, she didn't care. She'd grown up quite well-off, and then...

Well. After 'the incident', she had been quite happy just to have anywhere to be at night. She hated going out in the dark by herself. It was quite literally a nightmare.

I can't believe that happened.

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:47 pm

Leone sighed at their enthusiasm, not really caring what the rooms looked like. He could sleep anywhere, from the hardest of concrete walkways to the softest of feather beds. The Venetian had had a rather interesting life, flopping from the lowest of the low to the highest of criminal society.

And he wasn't particularly surprised or stunned by the change.

Leone took everything in stride, his typically emotionless face shifting between a small smile when he was particularly amused and a small frown for every other moment. He didn't get surprised, or excited, because he knew that anything could happen at any moment, of any day, and that it was all determined on how he handled himself how he came out of it. It was one of the characteristics that had attracted Severus to him.

Alice's bag was hefted back on to Leone's shoulder, and his own suitcase and snugly slung across his shoulder, like a school boy carrying his messenger bag casually. His head slowly tilted to one side and his green eyes glanced down at Alice curiously. "Well, lead the way, Cuscina. We only have five hours..."

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:50 pm

Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:Leone sighed at their enthusiasm, not really caring what the rooms looked like. He could sleep anywhere, from the hardest of concrete walkways to the softest of feather beds. The Venetian had had a rather interesting life, flopping from the lowest of the low to the highest of criminal society.

Leone took everything in stride, his typically emotionless face shifting between a small smile when he was particularly amused and a small frown for every other moment. He didn't get surprised, or excited, because he knew that anything could happen at any moment, of any day, and that it was all determined on how he handled himself how he came out of it. It was one of the characteristics that had attracted Severus to him.

Alice's bag was hefted back on to Leone's shoulder, and his own suitcase and snugly slung across his shoulder, like a school boy carrying his messenger bag casually. His head slowly tilted to one side and his green eyes glanced down at Alice curiously. "Well, lead the way, Cuscina. We only have five hours..."

She frowned, and walked into a room, still frowning.

"Thank you again," she said, "but you really should sleep or something." A yawn overwhelmed her, and she managed to laugh. "Looks like that's what I'll be doing, at least..."

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Wed Mar 02, 2016 4:55 pm

Charlia wrote:
Free Empire of the Low Isles wrote:Leone sighed at their enthusiasm, not really caring what the rooms looked like. He could sleep anywhere, from the hardest of concrete walkways to the softest of feather beds. The Venetian had had a rather interesting life, flopping from the lowest of the low to the highest of criminal society.

She frowned, and walked into a room, still frowning.

"Thank you again," she said, "but you really should sleep or something." A yawn overwhelmed her, and she managed to laugh. "Looks like that's what I'll be doing, at least..."

Leone rolled his eyes and sets her bag down on the floor, walking into the room she chose and looking around. Then, he set his case against the door, and flopped on her bed. "Big enough for two..." he said, looking over at her. "Get over here, Cuscina."

He chuckled, a small smile on his lips, obviously not serious about what he was doing, and looked up at the ceiling.

For a few seconds, he let everything drop, his guard, his tenseness, his anxiety, and just laid there on the bed, looking up at the white, intricately carved ceiling, feeling nothing and being no one. Leone's hands slowly gripped the soft comforter of Alice's bed, and took a deep, slow breath through his noise. The small smile on his face widened a bit, his eyes following the pattern, and his chest rose and fell slowly.

And then it was back up, his anxiety, his mask, and he tilted his emotionless face toward Alice.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:00 pm

Charlia wrote:She frowned, and walked into a room, still frowning.

Leone rolled his eyes and sets her bag down on the floor, walking into the room she chose and looking around. Then, he set his case against the door, and flopped on her bed. "Big enough for two..." he said, looking over at her. "Get over here, Cuscina."

He chuckled, a small smile on his lips, obviously not serious about what he was doing, and looked up at the ceiling.

For a few seconds, he let everything drop, his guard, his tenseness, his anxiety, and just laid there on the bed, looking up at the white, intricately carved ceiling, feeling nothing and being no one. Leone's hands slowly gripped the soft comforter of Alice's bed, and took a deep, slow breath through his noise. The small smile on his face widened a bit, his eyes following the pattern, and his chest rose and fell slowly.

And then it was back up, his anxiety, his mask, and he tilted his emotionless face toward Alice.

At first, she took his meaning entirely the wrong way, and practically flipped.

"W-what?" she stammered. "N-no--I mean--we just met--and you're not meaning that at all..."

She sighed. "I've got to stop being so paranoid." She literally fell face-first onto the bed, and then rolled over, barely managing to keep from rolling straight off.

Post Marshal

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Free Empire of the Low Isles » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:04 pm

Charlia wrote:

At first, she took his meaning entirely the wrong way, and practically flipped.

"W-what?" she stammered. "N-no--I mean--we just met--and you're not meaning that at all..."

She sighed. "I've got to stop being so paranoid." She literally fell face-first onto the bed, and then rolled over, barely managing to keep from rolling straight off.

Leone reached over an arm and stopped her from rolling off, rolling his eyes at her clumsiness. "Cuscina, you seriously need to get a handle on yourself. Clumsiness is not attractive..." he said, sitting up and rubbing his face. The hood finally fell down, and his long hair was messy. It went every which way, with no set style, and looked as if he just got up in the morning and left.

The young man looked back at Alice, his green eyes casually skimming her over. "Well... maybe your looks can make up for that." he said, and another small smile tugged at his lips.

Northwall United
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Northwall United » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:07 pm

The body had awaken from very long torpor, it was aroused by the sense of dread and forbidding ! The being was old but not so out of touch to be mistaken from out of time and place.

Northwall United
Civil Servant

Founded: Feb 23, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Northwall United » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:14 pm

It was time again for the Children to rise and meet the new threat that lay befor them. "Hail the maker!" The creature of ancient origin spoke for in the wisdom the time and space it was now ready for them to join the stream of time!

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed Mar 02, 2016 5:15 pm

Charlia wrote:At first, she took his meaning entirely the wrong way, and practically flipped.

Leone reached over an arm and stopped her from rolling off, rolling his eyes at her clumsiness. "Cuscina, you seriously need to get a handle on yourself. Clumsiness is not attractive..." he said, sitting up and rubbing his face. The hood finally fell down, and his long hair was messy. It went every which way, with no set style, and looked as if he just got up in the morning and left.

The young man looked back at Alice, his green eyes casually skimming her over. "Well... maybe your looks can make up for that." he said, and another small smile tugged at his lips.

"...please don't talk that way," she said quietly. "It... it kind of scares me."

Nope. Not going to think about it. I won't. I won't!

I don't want to think about this! I won't think about it! I don't have to, I don't want to, and I'm not going to!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse