NATION

PASSWORD

Ace Combat: Gladius OOC [Defrosting]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Pau Chiang
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Pau Chiang » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:51 pm

Was wondering will there be anything like artillery introduced

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:54 pm

Pau Chiang wrote:Was wondering will there be anything like artillery introduced

I doubt it. That's a pretty large category and I doubt Kass would simply forget. That would be like having an Ace Combat RP but forgetting Attackers. So unless I'm proven wrong artillery will not be a thing.

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:31 am

Beiarusia wrote:
Pau Chiang wrote:Was wondering will there be anything like artillery introduced

I doubt it. That's a pretty large category and I doubt Kass would simply forget. That would be like having an Ace Combat RP but forgetting Attackers. So unless I'm proven wrong artillery will not be a thing.

Yep, no M109 for you. I'm avoiding Artillery for gameplay reasons.
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

"Put that down, Mr. Eric." He said. "She's obviously not a chicken."
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.

Pau Chiang
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Pau Chiang » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:43 am

Commander Application
Name: Natsar Ubek
Nationality: Federation of Aboriginal Tribes of Osea
Age (20 at youngest): 38

Rank (O-1, O-2, or O-3): O-2
Callsign: Bloodied Wolf

Appearance:

Height: 1.6 m
Weight: 75 kg

Vehicle: KANONENJAGDPANZER
Vehicle Appearance:

Emblem:

Funds: 160'000 (Minus Armoured Vehicle $250'000 and Crew Insurance $40'000 and Garage 50'000)

Personality: Natsar is viewed as a quiet, shy introvert with a stoic personality. He earns respect among his counter parts for his tactical genius, although he rarely receives and recognition for his talent because of his somewhat untrusting nature.

Strengths: Quick thinking, calculative, stoic
Weaknesses: Untrusting
Likes: Hunting, writing, enjoying the isolation of his home
Dislikes: The increasingly militaristic actions of his government, Kebabs

Bio: Born to a peasant family, Nastsar's mother died shortly after he was born, and his father died during an exploration with several cartographers acting as their guide after the party was ambushed by a pack of ravenous wolves. He was taken in by a local wolf hunter, Benji, who taught Nastier the ways of the ancient craft of Wolf Hunting. Traveling to Nortland, Benji got Nastsar a prime mountain horse and a Wedge tailed eagle, which Nastier was tasked to train from birth. Honing his skills, Nastier became a renowned hunter and tracker among the Aboriginal tribes, gaining favour with several soon to be officials of the FATO government.

Soon after its establishment, Nastsar was enlisted in the Secret Police, where he rose through the ranks and became Lieutenant General of the Secret Police.Despite the illustrious position, Nastsar was an outspoken opponent of the government, a rare showcase of his willingness to stand up. It was during his attempt of bringing to light the cracks in the FATO government, that he met his wife, Anastasiya Daniela, an immigrant from Estovakia. His marrying her caused a great political stir within FATO, and caused further disconnect with Nastier and the FATO government.

His wife shortly died later after being fatally stabbed by muggers while visiting her hometown of Gu in northern Estovakia. This sent Nastier into a regal and grieving period. He personally ordered the execution of several Estovakian prisoners, and the Secret Police demoted him to a position in the FATO army; still fairly high on the chain of command, but out of the political spotlight. This has led to him being nicknamed 'The Vengeful Wolf'

RP Example:

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=358765

DO NOT REMOVE: 2006394

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:47 am

I think that bio is a little incomplete...

Still nothing regarding how or why he became a mercenary tanker. I'm also curious, how did a Police General become a tanker? He's a huntsman, not a engineer...
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.

Pau Chiang
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Pau Chiang » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:00 am

Kassaran wrote:I think that bio is a little incomplete...

Still nothing regarding how or why he became a mercenary tanker. I'm also curious, how did a Police General become a tanker? He's a huntsman, not a engineer...

I'll think of something tomorrow, I was kind go going for like how Rommel was a master tactician and would commonly, perhaps I should change it to an armoured recon vehicle? That seems to be better suited for a general don't you think?

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:14 am

Pau Chiang wrote:
Kassaran wrote:I think that bio is a little incomplete...

I'll think of something tomorrow, I was kind go going for like how Rommel was a master tactician and would commonly, perhaps I should change it to an armoured recon vehicle? That seems to be better suited for a general don't you think?

Would commonly?

Well, yeah, ARV's would probably be best, though a General's vehicle is usually nowhere near the battlefield...

bloody hell, mate.

Pau Chiang
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Pau Chiang » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:16 am

Kassaran wrote:
Pau Chiang wrote:

Would commonly?

Well, yeah, ARV's would probably be best, though a General's vehicle is usually nowhere near the battlefield...

Okay, I'll tank the app and remaster is a bit

SaintB
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 18, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby SaintB » Tue Feb 09, 2016 9:23 pm

I was going to ask where the M1134 Stryker was but then it dawned on me that this RP is set in 1987.
Hi my name is SaintB and I am prone to sarcasm and hyperbole. Because of this I make no warranties, express or implied, concerning the accuracy, completeness, reliability or suitability of the above statement, of its constituent parts, or of any supporting data. These terms are subject to change without notice from myself.

Every day NationStates tells me I have one issue. I am pretty sure I've got more than that.

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:17 pm

Nobody minds if I push this on, right? Going to do a two-minute timeskip.

bloody hell, mate.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:30 pm

Kassaran wrote:Nobody minds if I push this on, right? Going to do a two-minute timeskip.

I didn't want to say anything for fear of sounding impatient but by all means get this rolling.

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:39 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Kassaran wrote:Nobody minds if I push this on, right? Going to do a two-minute timeskip.

I didn't want to say anything for fear of sounding impatient but by all means get this rolling.

Going to wait on one more say-so before doing-so. also 'cuz I'm lazy

bloody hell, mate.

Argentumurbem
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Argentumurbem » Wed Feb 10, 2016 1:54 pm

yeah letsa move forward. Guns and killing and stuff
To Stop The Scythe - A Sci-Fi RP set in the world of Mass Effect. Join the Shadow Broker's team and hunt down the mysteries surrounding the Protheans, uncovering secrets that were best left unknown and fight your way to the knowledge that can bring about the destruction of the Reapers.

Ubaria
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ubaria » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:12 pm

I'm all for it.
Yo, that's mad.

Independent States of Tula
Senator

Founded: Nov 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:36 pm

Yeah, I'm fine with pushing this forward.

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Wed Feb 10, 2016 2:38 pm

Posted, so begin the briefings and the explanation of the conflict in more detail.

bloody hell, mate.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Wed Feb 10, 2016 6:47 pm

Tag. Any suggestions on what tank I should purchase? I was thinking about the M103A2 HEAVY but I don't know much when it comes to armored warfare.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:10 pm

Tayner wrote:Tag. Any suggestions on what tank I should purchase? I was thinking about the M103A2 HEAVY but I don't know much when it comes to armored warfare.

M103 is a good choice, though it is a 50's era tank.
Although with the 500,000 beginning funds, - the 10,000 for each crewmember (not including the commander) is 40,000 and then the extra 50,000 for tier one that leaves you with it out of your price range by 40,000.

The alternative of the Conquerer (4 crew including the commander) is also a good choice falling within the price range, equaling 30,000 for crew costs, 50,000 for tier, and 400,000 for the actual tank leaves you 20,000 to spare.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Wed Feb 10, 2016 7:12 pm

I got speed and accuracy (Leopard 1A4) with 20k to spare, also a good choice.
How to be legitimately recognised in NS? Be a proper Roleplayer.
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

Armellenia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Armellenia » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:20 pm

I think I'm going Su-122-54.

Independent States of Tula
Senator

Founded: Nov 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:21 pm

Will be posting tonight. Hopefully soon.

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Wed Feb 10, 2016 8:34 pm

Armellenia wrote:I think I'm going Su-122-54.

Well, just give me your app and we'll go over it all.

bloody hell, mate.

Ubaria
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ubaria » Wed Feb 10, 2016 10:19 pm

I will post later on. Fornow. Bedtime.
Yo, that's mad.

Tayner
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Tayner » Thu Feb 11, 2016 3:37 pm

Anowa wrote:
Tayner wrote:Tag. Any suggestions on what tank I should purchase? I was thinking about the M103A2 HEAVY but I don't know much when it comes to armored warfare.

M103 is a good choice, though it is a 50's era tank.
Although with the 500,000 beginning funds, - the 10,000 for each crewmember (not including the commander) is 40,000 and then the extra 50,000 for tier one that leaves you with it out of your price range by 40,000.

The alternative of the Conquerer (4 crew including the commander) is also a good choice falling within the price range, equaling 30,000 for crew costs, 50,000 for tier, and 400,000 for the actual tank leaves you 20,000 to spare.

Yeah, I might go with that, thanks.
If anyone askes where we were Saturday at 14:30, we were at The Pub, understand?

-If it's stupid, but it works, it ain't stupid.
-No Combat Ready unit has ever passed inspection.
-No Inspection Ready unit has ever passed combat.
-There is nothing more satisfying to you then having the enemy shoot at you, and miss.
-Remember, your weapon was made by the lowest bidder.
Disclaimer: The sig is out of date and I probably won't update it

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Sat Feb 13, 2016 12:03 am

I'll be posting soon for Gladius. Can I get a role call?

bloody hell, mate.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse