NATION

PASSWORD

Ace Combat: Gladius OOC [Defrosting]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Independent States of Tula
Senator

Founded: Nov 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:58 pm

Kassaran wrote:
The balkens wrote:tag.
a Belkan tank crew? dont be so- yes im doing a Belkan tank crew.

Just so long as they aren't Balkan then I'm fine. The one that I actually had pause over was Fury... only because of the Commander and the Callsign. *pointed stares*

I was making OOC references, not IC ones.

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:49 pm

Independent States of Tula wrote:
Kassaran wrote:Just so long as they aren't Balkan then I'm fine. The one that I actually had pause over was Fury... only because of the Commander and the Callsign. *pointed stares*

I know, but it was still pauseworthy. That's like using "Maverick" as your callsign in an aerial Ace Combat RP, or Red 5, or something of that ilk.
Beware: Walls of Text Generally appear Above this Sig.
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

"Put that down, Mr. Eric." He said. "She's obviously not a chicken."
The Knockout Gun Gals wrote:
The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.
that's a real deal. We just don't buy the license rights.

Independent States of Tula
Senator

Founded: Nov 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:54 pm

Kassaran wrote:
Independent States of Tula wrote:

I know, but it was still pauseworthy. That's like using "Maverick" as your callsign in an aerial Ace Combat RP, or Red 5, or something of that ilk.

Understandable, I haven't actually seen Fury aside from a few clips. I just wanted to name the tank fury and Brad Pitt came to mind so I figured I'd be a cheeky bastard.

Argentumurbem
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Argentumurbem » Sat Jan 30, 2016 5:27 am

Commander Application
Name: Requis El Savara
Nationality: Levantenese

Callsign: Lynx

Appearance: Attached
Height: 6ft 1in
Weight: 83kg

Vehicle: M60A1 PATTON
Vehicle Appearance: Attached
Emblem: Attached
Funds: 20,000 (500,000 - 400,000 (tank) - 50,000 (tier one garage) - 30,000 (crew contract))

Personality: Determined, to the point of stubbornness, Requis is very objective-orientated, uncaring of losses if it means that the mission is a success. As such he is very pragmatic, something which often gets him in to conflict with his more life-orientated officers. Slow to anger and able to articulate his arguments, Requis is still a likeable character, willing to stand up for the underdogs.
Strengths: Near 20-20 vision, quite intelligent and remains calm under pressure.
Weaknesses: Is not a strategist nor genius tactician. Looks down on the less experienced members of the outside, unwilling to rely on them.
Likes: Chocolate, fruit, vegetables, steak, professionalism, money
Dislikes: Arrogance, heroics, cheats, sweets, Muslims

Bio: Born in to a family of lawyers, Requis did not want for much. His parents brought in enough money to maintain a very organised and furnished household which was the envy of everyone in their street. In school Requis proved himself to be a very capable young boy, progressing at an envious speed that many teachers often argued that he needed specially designed classes just to give him enough challenge to further his education.
In later life, Requis lost his childhood dream of becoming a lawyer like his parents, following a series of lost cases and wrongly-supported causes which branded the El Savara's as being in the pay of criminals. Their name ruined, Requis found himself unable to get in to university nor a job worth his potential. All but driven out by his community, Requis took to the one organisation where it was his ability and not his name which would be considered: PMCs.
Initially an APC driver, Requis worked his way up through the ranks, becoming the driver for a tank destroyer before eventually receiving his own command. He lasted several years before earning enough to advance to the pride and joy of the unit: main battle tanks. Now the commander of the M60A1 PATTON, Requis has high ambitions for becoming a company commander.

RP Example: Attached Attached Attached

DO NOT REMOVE: 2006394
Crew Application
Name: Jonas Striker
Nationality: Belkan

Position: Gunner

Personality:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:

Short Bio: Brought up on the streets, Jonas was inducted in to a gang who preyed on those just like themselves, vandalizing homeless shelters, mugging the unemployed and stealing from food banks. As he grew up, the boy became a youth, and the youth a man. All he had known was criminality, and this peaked with the gang's creation of a slave ring, moving the poor from one area to another, the money passing from brothel and corporate lackey to middlemen, corrupt politicians and then finally - clean - in to the hands of Jonas and his friends. Now, he is an experienced member of Requis' crew, a born-again christian trying to make up for his blasphemies by fighting other people's wars for them.

DO NOT REMOVE: 2006477
Crew Application
Name: Syl Suzibana
Nationality: Seianese

Position: Driver

Personality:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:

Short Bio: A college graduate and a former politician's daughter, Syl is the literal driving force behind Requis' crew, acting as the commander's right-hand woman to keep the rest in line. Growing up almost as a celebrity, Syl tried to shy away from the responsibilities which came from being a politician's daughter, preferring her life not to be documented by hungry reporters. It did not come as a surprise when she left one morning without prior warning, fleeing to an organisation which did not discriminate for as long as you towed the line.

Crew Application
Name: Carl de Vra
Nationality: Levantenese

Position: Loader

Personality:
Strengths:
Weaknesses:

Short Bio: Newly inducted in to the PMC unit, Carl was only accepted in to Requis' crew because of his nationality. A skilled crewmember despite his lack of extensive combat experience, Carl is a former opponent of Requis' parents, a grudge which still flares up whenever the two find themselves taking different sides to an argument. Even so, Carl does not allow his personal feelings get in the way of a mission before it starts, but has been known to attempt to derail any planning which sounds like it could lead to certain death.

To Stop The Scythe - A Sci-Fi RP set in the world of Mass Effect. Join the Shadow Broker's team and hunt down the mysteries surrounding the Protheans, uncovering secrets that were best left unknown and fight your way to the knowledge that can bring about the destruction of the Reapers.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 29, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Beiarusia » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:19 pm

Argentumurbem wrote:Name: Requis El Savara

I don't see anything wrong with it. ACCEPTED unless Mighty Overlord Kass has an objection.

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Sat Jan 30, 2016 12:34 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Argentumurbem wrote:Name: Requis El Savara

I don't see anything wrong with it. ACCEPTED unless Mighty Overlord Kass has an objection.

There are but two words I can say about it besides that I agree...

DAMMIT CARL
Zarkenis Ultima wrote:Tristan noticed footsteps behind him and looked there, only to see Eric approaching and then pointing his sword at the girl. He just blinked a few times at this before speaking.

The United Remnants of America wrote:You keep that cheap Chinese knock-off away from the real OG...

bloody hell, mate.

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Get to posting you lazy bums!

Postby Kassaran » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:45 pm

IC is up!

Don't require long posts for this, you're about to go into a briefing, but first we're having everyone toe the line at the edge of the helicopter landing pad. Don't worry, the chopper's not taking off yet, but it has other things it's dropping off.

Key things to note in the scene for your characters right now, those whom saw the tank transports coming in would only have done so from the air. For now, Prefabs and ad-hoc buildings within the FOB now obstruct the view of almost everything around you. A Romnyan flag is flying over the base at the main rise in the area. There appears to be a series of large multi-story buildings present. These were at one time part of a preexisting structure but now the FOB has assimilated it into being its core buildings. There are watchtowers present on the far side of the chopper pad, but that's due to the pad's proximity to the edge of the base. Soldiers of both the Romnyan military and the Yvdenyy PMC are moving past to pick up mail and supplies and are loading them onto the back of lorries.
Last edited by Kassaran on Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bloody hell, mate.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:48 pm

Kassaran wrote:...

The link takes us to the RP group...

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:48 pm

Kassaran wrote:IC is up!

Don't require long posts for this, you're about to go into a briefing, but first we're having everyone toe the line at the edge of the helicopter landing pad. Don't worry, the chopper's not taking off yet, but it has other things it's dropping off.

Key things to note in the scene for your characters right now, those whom saw the tank transports coming in would only have done so from the air. For now, Prefabs and ad-hoc buildings within the FOB now obstruct the view of almost everything around you. A Romnyan flag is flying over the base at the main rise in the area. There appears to be a series of large multi-story buildings present. These were at one time part of a preexisting structure but now the FOB has assimilated it into being its core buildings. There are watchtowers present on the far side of the chopper pad, but that's due to the pad's proximity to the edge of the base. Soldiers of both the Romnyan military and the Yvdenyy PMC are moving past to pick up mail and supplies and are loading them onto the back of lorries.

That's not an IC... that's the group thread...
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:49 pm

Anowa wrote:
Kassaran wrote:IC is up!

That's not an IC... that's the group thread...

DOH!

EDIT: Fixed.
Last edited by Kassaran on Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

bloody hell, mate.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sun Jan 31, 2016 12:51 pm

Kassaran wrote:DOH!

EDIT: Fixed.

Better. In any case I won't be able to get a post up until much later tonight. Have work until after midnight.

Ubaria
Minister

Founded: Sep 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ubaria » Sun Jan 31, 2016 2:25 pm

Will post later.
Doing PC stuff.
Yo, that's mad.

Ubaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ubaria » Sun Jan 31, 2016 9:21 pm

What would be the plural for north point?
North Pointians?
North Pointers?

Strange name for a country.
Yo, that's mad.

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Sun Jan 31, 2016 10:28 pm

Ubaria wrote:What would be the plural for north point?
North Pointians?
North Pointers?

Strange name for a country.

North Pointers sound more correct than the other, but maybe they'd have a similar but different demonym? Like Notherners or something along those lines? Similar to how people from Indiana are called Hoosiers. Other than that I have no idea.

Armellenia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jan 27, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Armellenia » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:29 pm

So, making my app now. How exactly would I enter seeing as I theoretically just "missed the boat" of everyone arriving? Sorry for waiting so long.

Ubaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ubaria » Wed Feb 03, 2016 8:50 pm

Armellenia wrote:So, making my app now. How exactly would I enter seeing as I theoretically just "missed the boat" of everyone arriving? Sorry for waiting so long.

We're only a couple of posts in, you could still arrive by helicopter.
Yo, that's mad.

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Thu Feb 04, 2016 8:52 am

'Tis true. Besides, all you'd have to do is more writing to pretty much fill in for everything. That's what I tend to do a lot.

Quartermaster will be responding shortly.

bloody hell, mate.

Kassaran
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Kassaran » Mon Feb 08, 2016 6:48 pm

I'm going to point out that the quartermaster is indeed outside, in the motor pool area with everyone else.

bloody hell, mate.

Pau Chiang
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 19, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Pau Chiang » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:10 pm

What nation is most like Mongolia? Or central asian countries?

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:15 pm

Pau Chiang wrote:What nation is most like Mongolia? Or central asian countries?

That's a good question actually.

EDIT: Maybe FATO. Not exactly Mongolia per se but they may be similar. The OP also has the nations with brief descriptions for each in case that helps.
Last edited by Beiarusia on Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Pau Chiang
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Pau Chiang » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:26 pm

Beiarusia wrote:
Pau Chiang wrote:What nation is most like Mongolia? Or central asian countries?

That's a good question actually.

EDIT: Maybe FATO. Not exactly Mongolia per se but they may be similar. The OP also has the nations with brief descriptions for each in case that helps.

I'm asking in concern to culture, and is it too late to join?

Beiarusia
Postmaster-General

Postby Beiarusia » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:27 pm

Pau Chiang wrote:
Beiarusia wrote:That's a good question actually.

I'm asking in concern to culture, and is it too late to join?

This one and the other has spots available.

Pau Chiang
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Pau Chiang » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:30 pm

What is the meaning of the ranks, is 0-1 like the maximum priority?

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:33 pm

Pau Chiang wrote:What is the meaning of the ranks, is 0-1 like the maximum priority?

It's NATO's ranking system.
O-1 would be a junior officer like a 2nd lieutenant, and O-10 being a five-star General
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranks_and_insignia_of_NATO_armies_officers Here's a link for a better explanation.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Pau Chiang
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Pau Chiang » Mon Feb 08, 2016 11:34 pm

Anowa wrote:
Pau Chiang wrote:What is the meaning of the ranks, is 0-1 like the maximum priority?

It's NATO's ranking system.
O-1 would be a junior officer like a 2nd lieutenant, and O-10 being a five-star General
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ranks_and_insignia_of_NATO_armies_officers Here's a link for a better explanation.

Thank you so much I'll get an app under way

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse