NATION

PASSWORD

Azura Skies: From Dust [OOC/PMT/OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:49 am

So limits on tech?
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Cerrania
Minister

Founded: Nov 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Cerrania » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:52 am

Shyluz wrote:Ufufufufu?

Ufufufufu.

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:So limits on tech?

Keeping it open ended. I'll approve/deny on a case by case basis. Cybernetic enhancements are at minimum, and also discouraged. Directed EMP weapons by the aliens and whatnot.
"Amibition is a dream with a V8 engine."
-Elvis Presley

I really enjoy running.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:58 am

Cerrania wrote:
Shyluz wrote:Ufufufufu?

Ufufufufu.

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:So limits on tech?

Keeping it open ended. I'll approve/deny on a case by case basis. Cybernetic enhancements are at minimum, and also discouraged. Directed EMP weapons by the aliens and whatnot.

Still kinetic based weaponry or are energy based weapons allowed (ie plasma)
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Cerrania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cerrania » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:45 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Cerrania wrote:Ufufufufu.

Still kinetic based weaponry or are energy based weapons allowed (ie plasma)

Kinetic based.
-Elvis Presley

I really enjoy running.

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Sun Dec 27, 2015 6:59 pm

Stormwrath wrote:(DELETE ALL TEXT IN PARENTHESES, IF THIS IS NOT DONE YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED INCOMPLETE)
From Dust Character Profile

Name: Shiori Asayama

Appearance: Sloop.

Personality:
Shiori is a slightly melancholic person, enjoying the more artistic things of life such as music or visual arts. She used to cling to a naive optimism, but due to the Azuran annexation she had shifted from her formerly idealistic view of the world to a more realistic view. What used to be a cheery girl is now eclipsed by a cold personality, and the only thing that kept her going was her will to survive — even if it was at the expense of her comrades. That doesn't mean that she had become entirely heartless, as she will care for those that hold dear to her most. Perhaps the strangers that she may encounter in this prolonged winter may become one of those people.

Traits
    Are you out for your own personal gain, or are you loyal to a specific cause? Does survival count as personal gain?
    Are you the first into a fight, or would you rather hang back and let others fight for you? Probably not the first into a fight, nor one to sit back and let everyone else fight. She's not one to be the last into a fight either.
    Do you prefer to tackle your problems head on, or develop creative and intellectual solutions? Creative, intellectual solutions.
    Do you work better by yourself or in a group? By herself.
    Are you optimistic, realistic, or pessimistic? Realistic.

Biography: Shiori Asayama was born to a middle-class family in Hokkaido and moved to the Tokyo area when she was five. She had been exposed to music in her early childhood due to her father, and so had developed a natural love for it. Her parents enrolled her in piano lessons when she was four, and moved on to violin lessons when she was nine. Shiori then learned to make her own music, and had composed a musical piece in high school — much to the amazement of her music teacher when she played it at a talent show. He recommended that Shiori be enrolled as a scholar in a prestigious musical college.

At the time of the Azuran annexation of Earth, she was a college student at the Tokyo University of the Arts, pursuing a course in music composition. She had barely escaped the destruction of Tokyo by the Azuran annexation of Earth, seeking refuge in Saitama Prefecture. She wouldn't be spared by the cold and harsh winter that fell on Japan had it not been for a certain farmer living in the countryside. After the smoke seemed to clear up, Shiori left in early March and began to make the long journey back to Tokyo.

Equipment:
Weapons
Clothing and Garments
  • A scarf. Winter. Duuuuh.
  • Dark gray parka jacket
  • Greenish-gray trousers
  • Boots
Other Equipment
  • Smartphone (and other related accessories)
  • Ammunition
  • Canteen bottle
  • 1 weeks worth of rations, mostly canned food taken from convenience stores

Faction: Undeclared, may join a faction as the RP progresses

Occupation within Faction: n/a

4211 DO NOT DELETE

Okay, now I'm done.

Soviet Farm
Diplomat

Founded: May 30, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Farm » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:04 pm

Tag

Eretium
Political Columnist

Founded: Dec 09, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Eretium » Sun Dec 27, 2015 7:09 pm

tag.
I don't use NS stats.

This nation belongs to my personal, non-canon Killzone universe set a few years after Killzone: Shadow Fall.

Soviet Farm
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Is this fine so far?

Postby Soviet Farm » Sun Dec 27, 2015 8:21 pm

Name: Jonah Dotson

Appearance: Has close cut brown hair, with brown eyes, and tan skin. 6'7" tall, and weighs 200 pounds. He wears a light suit of Kevlar he found, along with a pair of combat boots. When he's outside he wears a black gas mask.

Personality: (At least one paragraph
(Space for writing here)

Traits
    Are you out for your own personal gain, or are you loyal to a specific cause? As of right now, myself.
    Are you the first into a fight, or would you rather hang back and let others fight for you? First in, alway
    Do you prefer to tackle your problems head on, or develop creative and intellectualsolutions? Depends on the problem. For fights, I charge in headfirst.

Do you work better by yourself or in a group? Equally fine in both, although it's usually just me and my dog.
    Are you optimistic, realistic, or pessimistic?
Realistic, although everything looks brighter after a good fire fight.
Biography: Jonah Dotson was born in Sn Pedro, California. At age 10, his family moved to inner city LA, thanks to his mother's job as a social worker. Jonah was quickly caught up in street crime. He never took sides based off race or location, instead serving as a gun for hire. At age 20, he decided to move to get a new start, a and went to Tokyo. He worked odd jobs, until the Azurans attacked. He quickly started hunted them, enjoying it like a sport, using his hatchet, and an assault rifle bought from the Yakuza.

New Ferris
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Ferris » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:31 pm

Interesting. Are we looking at a anime style rp or a more realistic rp?

Korhal IVV
Senator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Sun Dec 27, 2015 9:33 pm

New Ferris wrote:Interesting. Are we looking at a anime style rp or a more realistic rp?

Looks rather RL looking with tech jumped 50 years
ABTH Music Education ~ AB Journalism ~ RPer ~ Keyboard Warrior ~ Futurist ~ INTJ

Economic Left/Right: -0.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.21
Supports: Christianity, economic development, democracy, common sense, vaccines, space colonization, and health programs
Against: Adding 100 genders, Gay marriage in a church, heresy, Nazism, abortion for no good reason, anti-vaxxers, SJW liberals, and indecency
This nation does reflect my real-life beliefs.
My vocabulary is stranger than a Tzeentchian sorceror. Bare with me.

"Whatever a person may be like, we must still love them because we love God." ~ John Calvin

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:02 pm

New Ferris wrote:Interesting. Are we looking at a anime style rp or a more realistic rp?

It's pretty much a post-apocalyptic sci-fi RP taking place a few months from the invasion of an alien race.

Soviet Farm
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Farm » Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:43 pm

Name: Jonah Dotson

Appearance: (Close cut brown hair, with brown eyes and tan skin. Weighs 200 pounds. and is 6'7'. Lean and muscled.

Personality: Jonah is very friendly, and generally willing to help someone out. He's kind of happy go lucky, and very gung ho. He has an intense hatred of Azurans, and enjoys hunting them down. He does enjoy talking, especially about history,politics, and religion.
Traits
    Are you out for your own personal gain, or are you loyal to a specific cause? My self, for now.
    Are you the first into a fight, or would you rather hang back and let others fight for you? I'm always first in.
    Do you prefer to tackle your problems head on, or develop creative and intellectual solutions? Depends on the problem. If it's a fight, I charge headfirst.
    Do you work better by yourself or in a group? I'm okay with both, although it's usually just me and my dog.
    Are you optimistic, realistic, or pessimistic?
Realistic, although I do perk up after a good firefight.
Biography: Jonah Dotson was born in the town of San Pedro, California. At age 10, his family moved to inner city LA,mtyanks to his moms job as a social worker. He later got caught in gang wars, as a gun for hire. At age 20, he decided to get a fresh start, and moved to Tokyo. He worked odd jobs, until Tokyo was invaded. He now spends his time hunting Azurans, with his dog Rex, and an assault rifle he bought off the Yakuza.

Equipment:
Weapons
  • M4A1 assault rifle with red dot sight
  • Hatchet
Clothing and Garments
  • Kevlar Vest
  • Black Gas Mask
  • Black Tshirt
  • Jeans
Combat Boots
Other Equipment
  • Pack with extra food, water, and ammo.
  • Pure white German Shepwrd named Rex

Faction: Undeclared for now
Occupation within Faction:

4211 DO NOT DELETE
Last edited by Soviet Farm on Sun Dec 27, 2015 10:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Korhal IVV
Senator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:13 pm

Cerrania u should put the new factions in the roster in the OP
ABTH Music Education ~ AB Journalism ~ RPer ~ Keyboard Warrior ~ Futurist ~ INTJ

Economic Left/Right: -0.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.21
Supports: Christianity, economic development, democracy, common sense, vaccines, space colonization, and health programs
Against: Adding 100 genders, Gay marriage in a church, heresy, Nazism, abortion for no good reason, anti-vaxxers, SJW liberals, and indecency
This nation does reflect my real-life beliefs.
My vocabulary is stranger than a Tzeentchian sorceror. Bare with me.

"Whatever a person may be like, we must still love them because we love God." ~ John Calvin

New Ferris
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Ferris » Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:53 pm

One big question, is the infrastructure heavily damaged? Like more specifically the internet? Like is it still useable? I wanna try my hand at a weird internet based Voice Of America like from Homefront.
Last edited by New Ferris on Sun Dec 27, 2015 11:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:15 am

New Ferris wrote:One big question, is the infrastructure heavily damaged? Like more specifically the internet? Like is it still useable? I wanna try my hand at a weird internet based Voice Of America like from Homefront.

Hmmm, that depends if Cerr decides all comm satellites in Earth orbit are destroyed or not by the Azurans.

Kerzacistan
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kerzacistan » Mon Dec 28, 2015 12:48 am

I feel like participating in Rps again so meh, plus the concept interests me, so here I come! Also gonna try to run two characters, so yay :/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Kerian Wolk

Appearance: 7'2, Black hair, grey-green eyes, muscular

Personality: Kerian is a bit of an oddball, running in line with the family norm he can be friendly then damning in a second or two, though he always puts his allies before himself, even going so far as to nearly starve for his sister.

Traits
    Are you out for your own personal gain, or are you loyal to a specific cause? - "I work for myself and my sister first, whoever helps us second, that order is important for a reason."

Are you the first into a fight, or would you rather hang back and let others fight for you? - "If it means being between Kia and an alien, count me in as 'Vanguard'"

Do you prefer to tackle your problems head on, or develop creative and intellectual solutions? "Bullets, bullets, and more bullets is how I normally solve a problem. I don't guess that means something to you?"

Do you work better by yourself or in a group? "I work pretty good in groups, then again I think normally its them working with me, so working alone is ok too. I don't mind either really, so long as me and Kia get to stay together."

Are you optimistic, realistic, or pessimistic? "I consider myself a realist but Kia constant calls me a Pessimist, who knows what I am, I sure as hell don't."

Biography: Kerian, despite his size was at the time of first contact a successful paintball player, known with his sister as an almost unbeatable pair, 'The Wonder Twins', a name which he hated as much as his sister loved it. At the time of the attacks the two were in Tokyo for a tournament, and decided to stay due to concerns about the visitors. After they were found to be peaceful the two moved on and returned three more times to Tokyo, the last being for the same Tournament at the time of the first contact yet it never happened as with the confusion at the disappearance and the following destruction. After the majority of the dust setteled he and his sister armed themselves with the very real guns they had brought for target practice at the nearby ranges, and used them with brutal efficiency given to them by their paintball days.

Equipment:
Weapons
  • M4 Carbine
  • Colt M1911
Clothing and Garments
  • Kevlar Mesh bodysuit
  • Rubber boots
  • SCBA Setup
Other Equipment
  • Spray paint (Orange, Red, Green)
  • Food and water supplies for 1 week
  • A large but dwindling pack of ammunition

Faction:

4211 DO NOT DELETE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Name: Kia Wolk

Appearance: 4'3, Black hair, grey eyes, slender

Personality: Very friendly and always a morning person, happy for every anger filled second of Kerian's life, probably a bit too loving towards her brother than is safe.

Traits
    Are you out for your own personal gain, or are you loyal to a specific cause? - "It me and Keri versus the world! Although that might just be because he's so mean to everyone! I don'd mind though, he's nice when it counts and that's what matters most."

Are you the first into a fight, or would you rather hang back and let others fight for you? - "Keri normally tells me to stay back and use my rifle, so that's normally what I do, I don't like getting all dirty when I'm up close like he does anyway."

Do you prefer to tackle your problems head on, or develop creative and intellectual solutions? - "I like to sit down and think about a problem before jumping in to meet it, but by they time Keri has normally put a few bullets into it so I just let him do him."

Do you work better by yourself or in a group? - "Me and Kerian have been together since the Azuran's went insane, and I hope we're gonna be together for a long time after too!"

Are you optimistic, realistic, or pessimistic? - "I'm an optimist, though Keri just likes to call me 'Blind to the world', I like to think I see the best instead of the worst!"

Biography: More or less the same as the above one, swap a few people names here and there, boom, same story.

Equipment:
Weapons
  • M1903 Springfield
  • Colt M1911
Clothing and Garments
  • Kevlar Mesh body suit, albeit thicker than Kerian's
  • SCBA Setup
  • Rubber Boots
  • Parka
Other Equipment
  • Small pack of food and water, around a few days worth
  • Small pack of dwindling munitions

Faction:

4211 DO NOT DELETE

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
As always pls Tg me or just yell loudly should there be a problem, I'd be happy to quickly address it, ready willing and able.
2 + 2 = 5
I really like cats, they like books, and I like books, which we share.
I'm a bit lot of an Insomniac.
My gender is whatever, I don't really care.

Cerrania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cerrania » Mon Dec 28, 2015 6:42 am

Hey guys, very happy that interest in this thread is picking up. I'll review all the posts and get to accepting/revising apps soon.
-Elvis Presley

I really enjoy running.

New Ferris
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby New Ferris » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:08 am

Stormwrath wrote:
New Ferris wrote:One big question, is the infrastructure heavily damaged? Like more specifically the internet? Like is it still useable? I wanna try my hand at a weird internet based Voice Of America like from Homefront.

Hmmm, that depends if Cerr decides all comm satellites in Earth orbit are destroyed or not by the Azurans.

Umm OP-sama. May you part your wisdom?

Vulnier
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulnier » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:26 am

Tag.

Is a hobo dude okay?
I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year.

- Charles Dickens
Patience is a virtue
-Unknown

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:43 am

Vulnier wrote:Tag.

Is a hobo dude okay?

I'd say go ahead.

Vulnier
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulnier » Mon Dec 28, 2015 7:59 am

Stormwrath wrote:
Vulnier wrote:Tag.

Is a hobo dude okay?

I'd say go ahead.

Sweet. Should have an app out later today.
I will honor Christmas in my heart, and try to keep it all year.

- Charles Dickens
Patience is a virtue
-Unknown

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:26 am

Stormwrath wrote:
Stormwrath wrote:(DELETE ALL TEXT IN PARENTHESES, IF THIS IS NOT DONE YOUR APPLICATION WILL BE CONSIDERED INCOMPLETE)

Name: Shiori Asayama

Appearance: Sloop.

Personality:
Shiori is a slightly melancholic person, enjoying the more artistic things of life such as music or visual arts. She used to cling to a naive optimism, but due to the Azuran annexation she had shifted from her formerly idealistic view of the world to a more realistic view. What used to be a cheery girl is now eclipsed by a cold personality, and the only thing that kept her going was her will to survive — even if it was at the expense of her comrades. That doesn't mean that she had become entirely heartless, as she will care for those that hold dear to her most. Perhaps the strangers that she may encounter in this prolonged winter may become one of those people.

Traits
    Are you out for your own personal gain, or are you loyal to a specific cause? Does survival count as personal gain?
    Are you the first into a fight, or would you rather hang back and let others fight for you? Probably not the first into a fight, nor one to sit back and let everyone else fight. She's not one to be the last into a fight either.
    Do you prefer to tackle your problems head on, or develop creative and intellectual solutions? Creative, intellectual solutions.
    Do you work better by yourself or in a group? By herself.
    Are you optimistic, realistic, or pessimistic? Realistic.

Biography: Shiori Asayama was born to a middle-class family in Hokkaido and moved to the Tokyo area when she was five. She had been exposed to music in her early childhood due to her father, and so had developed a natural love for it. Her parents enrolled her in piano lessons when she was four, and moved on to violin lessons when she was nine. Shiori then learned to make her own music, and had composed a musical piece in high school — much to the amazement of her music teacher when she played it at a talent show. He recommended that Shiori be enrolled as a scholar in a prestigious musical college.

At the time of the Azuran annexation of Earth, she was a college student at the Tokyo University of the Arts, pursuing a course in music composition. She had barely escaped the destruction of Tokyo by the Azuran annexation of Earth, seeking refuge in Saitama Prefecture. She wouldn't be spared by the cold and harsh winter that fell on Japan had it not been for a certain farmer living in the countryside. After the smoke seemed to clear up, Shiori left in early March and began to make the long journey back to Tokyo.

Equipment:
Weapons
Clothing and Garments
  • A scarf. Winter. Duuuuh.
  • Dark gray parka jacket
  • Greenish-gray trousers
  • Boots
Other Equipment
  • Smartphone (and other related accessories)
  • Ammunition
  • Canteen bottle
  • 1 weeks worth of rations, mostly canned food taken from convenience stores

Faction: Undeclared, may join a faction as the RP progresses

Occupation within Faction: n/a

4211 DO NOT DELETE

Okay, now I'm done.

I can't access the picture.....
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Cerrania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cerrania » Mon Dec 28, 2015 8:34 am

New Ferris wrote:
Stormwrath wrote:Hmmm, that depends if Cerr decides all comm satellites in Earth orbit are destroyed or not by the Azurans.

Umm OP-sama. May you part your wisdom?

Ah, here's a question I can answer. Azurans basically improved how our internet works through various advancements(Li-Fo, certain server modifications). They themselves have actually become dependent on it as a form of nigh-instantaneous communication between ships, which was difficult for them before. So no, it's not gone, but the only way to access it is through Azuran servers and that runs the risk of discovery and swift retribution from
the Azuran Quietus patrols.
-Elvis Presley

I really enjoy running.

Stormwrath
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Stormwrath » Mon Dec 28, 2015 3:59 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:I can't access the picture.....

Schloop.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Mon Dec 28, 2015 4:24 pm

Stormwrath wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:I can't access the picture.....

Schloop.

Thanks
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse