NATION

PASSWORD

Athena: Fall of Europe (OOC | Closed-ish)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Should chars be able to have psychic or cybernetic augmentations?

Yeah! Sounds cool and can only add to the plot.
39%
No. Determination, sweat and blood against other-worldly horrors is the way to go.
32%
Just psychic.
2%
Just cybernetic.
22%
I have my own input and will post my thoughtful ideas in the OOC.
5%

Total votes : 41

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Tue Dec 15, 2015 5:56 pm

Pan Asian Amercian Coalition wrote:
Tiltjuice wrote:Hey Pan.

How are you, Tilt?

Doing OK. Doing much plotting. :twisted:
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Vacif
Senator

Founded: Mar 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Vacif » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:10 pm

Could you please put the IC Link in the OP? The link you gave to us was broken. (For me at least)
Looking for help on Pub-lishing your RP? Come check us out!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Nation name pronounced Vuh-sea-f, sometimes shortened to Vac, or 'Cif.

Shyluz
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:11 pm

Vacif wrote:Could you please put the IC Link in the OP? The link you gave to us was broken. (For me at least)

I'll grab it, hang on.

EDIT: Cheers.
Last edited by Shyluz on Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Otherwise known as Nornsmark for official, region-ey things.

Unified Free Lands
Senator

Founded: Jul 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Free Lands » Tue Dec 15, 2015 8:55 pm

Hey Bentus am I accepted?
Here lies a bad OP.

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Tue Dec 15, 2015 9:00 pm

Shyluz wrote:
Vacif wrote:Could you please put the IC Link in the OP? The link you gave to us was broken. (For me at least)

I'll grab it, hang on.

EDIT: Cheers.

Woops, I'll get on it.

Pan Asian Amercian Coalition wrote:
[Class:Rocketeer
Name: Edgar Allen-Montgomery
Experience: WA National Guardsman, 3 years. ATHENA Operative, 5 years.
Height and Weight: 6", 180lbs
Appearance: From his official Nat'l Guard records. Strong, athletic build. Small scar on this right temple.
Short Bio:
Born and raised in the American Pacific northwest, Edgar was raised in a suburb of Tacoma with his two sisters. Being the oldest, Edgar was the first to leave for college and pursue a degree in mechanical engineering. To help pay for his expensive education, especially considering that his four year younger sister was taking the same math classes he was taking in high school in 7th grade, he signed up for Reserve duty. Seeing his money would not hold out, he transferred to full time military while he worked on his degree towards the side.
Weaknesses: Easily tires in the heat, hates flying, and can be abrasive in conversation. His familial situation is a massive sore spot, and it is best not to mention it.
Skills: Extremely good shot with most varieties of heavy weaponry and remains calm no matter what. Good listener, licensed SCUBA diver and has a MS in Mechanical Engineering.
RP Example: Really old
Sorry if these kinda suck, I haven't been in to many RPs.

Likes: The military, tanks, history, tanks, tragic literature, Russian novels, video games, Godzilla movies, the internet, science, imperialism, cartoons of all nationalities, soviet propaganda posters, metal/rock music.
Dislikes: Internet web filters, the stock market, people who talk too much, deserts, cheap mustard, extraterrestrials, hippies, the color pink, sea anemones, pandas, poetry.
Hobbies: Enjoys coffee art (foam and paper), skiiing, scuba diving and drawing.
Theme Song: Three Days Grace - Time of Dying
Discipline: 7
Devotion: 10
Riskiness: 8. Has a tendency to attempt 'trick-shots', such as skipping rockets off the ground and is far to 'trigger happy' with hand grenades.
Languages Spoken: English. Can say "I apologize" is seven languages.
Tastes: Takoyaki, soba, spaghetti and meatballs, fried squid, pickles, vegetables, sloppy joes, and artisanal hotdogs. Favorite: steamed Chinese pork buns. Doesn't drink alcohol.
Voice: Sounds extremely similair to the vocalist.
Family: Two younger sisters; Isobelle Allen-Montgomery (18) and Melanie Allen-Montgomery (16). Whereabouts of both is unknown.
Personality: Haughty, abrasive, and a with a few loose screws, although is quieter than he used to be. He is completely honest regardless of situation, never says he can do something when he can't, and has a frankly bizarre sense of humor. Edgar has been compared to a "social landmine, that sits there until some poor mother{REDACTED} steps on it. Great fun if you're thick skinned, and loyal to the point of idiocy." Results of personality test.

I'm Back!

Accepted.

Unified Free Lands wrote:Meh, I'll have my other character up another time. I'm bringing back Bastian Vanek but I want to give him a more interesting backstory.

Class / Role:Assault/Psychologist
Name: Anka Jezdimirovic
Experience: Some Foreign Legion training
Height and Weight: 6'1, 166
Appearance:
Appearance
(It's also noteworthy that she has a dragon sleeve tattoo on her right arm)
Bio: Anka was born in Belgrade, Serbia, to parents that had lost almost everything in the Yugoslav conflicts all those years ago. That didn't stop Anka from overachieving, though, as she used her combination of book smarts and street smarts to get by, setting up a business selling stolen goods when she was in high school. She went from stealing cheaper electronics to taking jewelry and more expensive items, and she made enough money to pay others to do the work for her. By the time she was 18, she had made enough to pay for part of her tuition to go to UC Berkley, in the United States, majoring in political sciences and minoring in psychology. Unfortunately, a complete and utter inability to focus on schoolwork led to Anka's grades dropping severely once she reached college and was faced with more challenging things in school. She barely did well enough to stay at school, but when she was nineteen years old, she decided to call it quits and move to France, enlisting in the Foreign Legion with hopes of getting French citizenship(by spilled blood). The training was tough, and even though Anka was doing well in the physical part of training, she still wasn't able to focus and this led to her not making the cut. Athena, however, contacted her later and offered her a job, which she quickly accepted.
Personality: She's a sociopath, definitely, but that's not really apparent. Nobody truly knows Anka except for herself, not even her close family and friends. She's more extroverted than introverted, but she still has a hard time staying with friends because of her lack of emotion and empathy for others. She believes strongly in decisiveness, and she's extremely competitive(one of the reasons she has a hard time making friends), and on the D&D personality scale, she would probably be a chaotic neutral.
Weaknesses: Undiagnosed ADHD, not good at hand to hand combat, (very) socially awkward. In addition, she's bi but keeps this a secret, to varying degrees of success, adding to her awkwardness.
Skills: Intelligence despite finding it hard to focus. And street smarts.
RP Example: I made one of the RPs this is based on, so...
Likes: Serbia, Russia, psychology, winter, alcohol, athletics, music
Dislikes: Cal, Kosovo, heat, schoolwork, Germany
Hobbies: Athletics, traveling, photography, shooting things
Theme Song: What else were you expecting?
Discipline: 3
Devotion: 5
Riskiness: 7
Languages Spoken: Serbian, Russian, English but not fluently
Tastes: Anything from back home, as in Serbia and the greater Balkans area
Voice: This here
Family: Her parents are back in Serbia, she doesn't have any siblings to speak of

EDIT:

I feel like she might not be suited to assault because of her ADHD, I might switch the class to pilot

Accepted.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Crysuko
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Crysuko » Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:22 am

Class / Role:Assault
Name: Frank Jager
Experience: 10 years of service, Heer (German regular army)
Height and Weight: 6'1, 90 KG
Appearance:

Bio: Born to a family with a long history of military careers, Frank was bought up around the ideas of armies and empires. After going through courses to learn english, as a wing of his family resided their which he was growing closer to, he joines the Heer aged 25, enrolled in officer class. He was given the rank of corporal aged 26, and has given unquestioning service ever since, even now that the aliens are invading, he plans to fight them until his last breath.
Personality: Confident, sometimes arrogant. Tactically competent and good in high pressure situations. Disciplined, from years in the army, keeping many of his emotions tightly controlled.
Weaknesses: In the heat of battle, fanatacism can drive him to make poor choices.
Skills: proficiency with shotguns and other close-in weapons, hand to hand combat.
RP Example: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=324239

Dislikes: being interrupted, being bested in hand to hand, egotistical people.
Hobbies: HtH sparring, mil fiction reading.
Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1d6p79iTMw
Discipline: 5
Riskiness: 8
Languages Spoken: German, and enough english to get by.
Tastes: Savoury, meat and alcohol.
Voice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j700C_b ... BLIzHG6yyq (1:21)
Family: Mother and Father, 2 brothers and one sister. Currently in hiding in bavaria or Austrian Alps.
Last edited by Crysuko on Wed Dec 16, 2015 6:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
Quotes:
Xilonite wrote: cookies are heresy.

Kelinfort wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:A terrorist attack on a disabled center doesn't make a lot of sense, unless to show no one is safe.

This will take some time to figure out, i am afraid.

"No one is safe, not even your most vulnerable and insecure!"

Cesopium wrote:Welp let's hope armies of 10 million don't just roam around and Soviet their way through everything.

Yugoslav Memes wrote:
Victoriala II wrote:Ur mom has value

one week ban for flaming xd

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Much better than the kulak smoothies. Their texture was suspiciously grainy.

Official thread euthanologist
I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Wed Dec 16, 2015 8:21 am

Crysuko wrote:Class / Role:Assault
Name: Frank Jager
Experience: 10 years of service, Heer (German regular army)
Height and Weight: 6'1, 90 KG
Appearance:

Bio: Born to a family with a long history of military careers, Frank was bought up around the ideas of armies and empires. After going through courses to learn english, as a wing of his family resided their which he was growing closer to, he joines the Heer aged 25, enrolled in officer class. He was given the rank of corporal aged 26, and has given unquestioning service ever since, even now that the aliens are invading, he plans to fight them until his last breath.
Personality: Confident, sometimes arrogant. Tactically competent and good in high pressure situations. Disciplined, from years in the army, keeping many of his emotions tightly controlled.
Weaknesses: In the heat of battle, fanatacism can drive him to make poor choices.
Skills: proficiency with shotguns and other close-in weapons, hand to hand combat.
RP Example: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=324239

Dislikes: being interrupted, being bested in hand to hand, egotistical people.
Hobbies: HtH sparring, mil fiction reading.
Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p1d6p79iTMw
Riskiness: 8
Languages Spoken: German, and enough english to get by.
Tastes: Savoury, meat and alcohol.
Voice: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j700C_b ... BLIzHG6yyq (1:21)
Family: Mother and Father, 2 brothers and one sister. Currently in hiding in bavaria or Austrian Alps.

Denied at the moment, if only because the 'Semi-Open' state of the RP means that I'm being super-strict. Pointers: Bio's a bit on the light side, along with a few grammar and spelling errors here-and-there.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

Auropa
Diplomat

Founded: Jan 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Auropa » Wed Dec 16, 2015 12:42 pm

Class/Role: Hunter
Name: Daniel “Sandman” Bedlam
Experience;
Australian Infantry - 4 years
Special Task and Rescue (Australian SWAT) - 4 years
SAS (Australian special forces) - 6 years
Athena – 2 years
Height and Weight:
180cm 79kg

Bio:
Bedlam was born to a moderately well off family in Melbourne, Australia. At the time of his birth, his family had been with the military for two generations with both his parents being members of the military and the same with their parents. Even so, his childhood was relatively normal. Neither of his parents were frontline soldiers (pilot and a medic) and there were no major conflicts that warranted any danger to them. By the time he was old enough, Daniel immediately signed up to the military. He studied until the age of 18 and proved himself to be a resourceful individual and even potential officer material. He studied in university for 2 more years before joining the infantry at the age of 21 where he worked for 4 years.
Whilst he was promoted and moved around several times, he ultimately left in favour of a different calling: STAR. The Australian SWAT team however was only a stop off for him. In the 4 years he worked with them, Daniel had always been aiming for the top and once he had completed what was the most rigorous tests his country could throw at him he was offered a position with SAS. There he worked for 6 years, becoming a veteran in undercover and off-the-record missions.
When first contact was made and a new threat discovered, Australia was quick to consider its options. In the end it had to ensure it was on good terms with Athena, as well as judge their efficiency in the field. So when they requested new soldiers, Australia sent the best and most loyal. As a result, along with several others, Bedlam was sent forward, having a long term career in the military and a family history in the service he was seen as the obvious choice. But then the unthinkable happened: Athena won and the world began to end.

It started slow, but there was nothing subtle by the end of it. Governments around the world began to do whatever they could to shut Athena down. First it was their support staff, then their bases, their satellites, planes and until it was almost impossible for anything to be done. After all, they had won, why did the world need the army anymore? But as a soldier on the front, Daniel had known better. Over the 2 short years something had changed in him. He had seen people die before and knew it was inevitable but something about fighting an impossibly powerful foe and winning only to be ordered to surrender after what he saw was the end of only the first wave broke his spirits beyond repair. When the order to leave Athena and re-join the Australian SAS he replied with a letter of resignation before leaving everything he had known behind.
Most of what happened after Bedlam left is known to him and him alone. What is theorised is that he somehow worked his way into the SEAMF rebel force where he went on to train a number of soldiers and teach about the alien menace. How high he climbed the leadership ladder is unknown and just how much he taught is unknown. Over the years he cut almost all contact with his previous allies before eventually resurfacing at the fall of Antwerp with a relic of a rifle in hand, a broken radio by his side and a war-torn flak jacket to keep him alive.

Personality: Daniel is mostly a kind hearted, well natured person. He likes bad jokes and will commonly do what he can to keep people’s spirits up. Recently, laziness has been a bit of an issue but overall he’s a manageable individual. Though years of death and destruction leaves marks, despite his general personality Bedlam has an aggressive side. A lifetime of losing friends, battles and now even wars has turned him into a cold killer and should the need ever arise he wouldn’t hesitate to resort to extreme methods others may question.

Weaknesses:

- Weak: Just as it sounds. Bedlam’s strongest aspect is his speed and reflexes, whether that’s using a blade or lining up a shot. That said he, can hardly take a hit. Whenever he finds himself in close quarters he has to end the fight before any hits can be landed, and if he loses his weapon and needs to go hand to hand, well, let’s just hope that he’s got back up.
- Lazy: When out of combat he’s quick to lose focus and shift work. Whilst on its own this might not be a problem, in times of war it can lead to the death of entire squad or at the very least, strained relations. He never goes sentry and he never volunteers for something he doesn’t have to do and whilst kind-hearted, he will almost always look for shortcuts when he can, leading to poor craftsmanship. What irritates most though, is the fact that he seems to turn off said laziness when fighting or working in his own ‘element’ making most think his attitude is just pointlessly bothering.
- Stubborn: When he sets his mind to something it’s hard to dissuade him. In combat the problem is clear, out of combat though the issues can remain and people may find him holding a grudge.

Skills:
-Tracker: You can’t hide from the Sandman. Over years of chasing anything that moves Bedlam has developed an almost unmatched proficiency in finding and ending that which doesn’t want to be found.
- Trapper: “Animals, people and even aliens. Everything has instinct, and instinct… it’s predictable” Deblam may not know how to make explosives or command a squad but he knows just how one can trick a larger force into separating, chasing, retreating or running over something they shouldn’t, preferably a landmine.
- Relentless: Lazy doesn’t begin to describe Bedlam’s general care free attitude and has gotten him into more than his fair share of trouble. Though everyone has to be serious sometimes and this hunter can move and fight for days. After all, what good is a hunter who can’t keep up?
- Hunter: Bedlam is a seasoned killer. What made Bedlam stand out though is the simple fact that he is the ideal hunter. Quick and quiet. While some may be stronger or a better shot even you’d be hard pressed to find someone capable of darting around unseen only to unleash hell a moment later.

Likes: Hunting (ironically), cooking, bad jokes, sleeping.
Dislikes: Getting shot, dying, doing work someone else can do.
Hobbies: Sleeping and
Theme Song: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SjtyYGs1_WE
Devotion: 10
Riskiness: 3
Languages Spoken: English and Russian
RP Example: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=335292

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:53 pm

Auropa wrote:Class/Role: Hunter

Accepted - interesting idea. Didn't plan on getting the Sea Mice involved in a big way, but who knows?

Post is up, but figured it'd be odd to have Emilie respond to everyone individually - also might have to start brainstorming ways to start knocking off NPCs >:D And another thing worth opening up for debate: psychic powers and augmentations. So, those are things in the world, and silly ol' me neglecting to include them in the app. I could backtrack and add the option in retrospectively, or we could make the argument that they were never really developed fully in this timeline.

Personally, I'd shy away from the full mech-style used in Xcom, if only it defeats a lot of the sneaking-around-trying-to-survive part of this RP, but other than that I'm fairly open to the idea - after all, they're established in the world anyway. What are your guys' thoughts? Should we just stick to good ol' flesh-and-blood hummies, or allow apps with psychic or physical augmentations?

Should probably add a poll...

Edit: By 'established' I mean that they're really only available to the major foes and allies of Athena (as well as the organisation itself), and kept just as classified as the existence of aliens themselves. After all, news of government agencies making cyborg soldiers and fiddling with peoples' brains never tends to go over well.
Last edited by Bentus on Wed Dec 16, 2015 1:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Shyluz
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:15 pm

Bentus wrote:
Auropa wrote:Class/Role: Hunter

Accepted - interesting idea. Didn't plan on getting the Sea Mice involved in a big way, but who knows?

Post is up, but figured it'd be odd to have Emilie respond to everyone individually - also might have to start brainstorming ways to start knocking off NPCs >:D And another thing worth opening up for debate: psychic powers and augmentations. So, those are things in the world, and silly ol' me neglecting to include them in the app. I could backtrack and add the option in retrospectively, or we could make the argument that they were never really developed fully in this timeline.

Personally, I'd shy away from the full mech-style used in Xcom, if only it defeats a lot of the sneaking-around-trying-to-survive part of this RP, but other than that I'm fairly open to the idea - after all, they're established in the world anyway. What are your guys' thoughts? Should we just stick to good ol' flesh-and-blood hummies, or allow apps with psychic or physical augmentations?

Should probably add a poll...

Edit: By 'established' I mean that they're really only available to the major foes and allies of Athena (as well as the organisation itself), and kept just as classified as the existence of aliens themselves. After all, news of government agencies making cyborg soldiers and fiddling with peoples' brains never tends to go over well.

I say we pull an exoskeleton. :p

Several reasons -- Cheaper than a MEC suit, little to no actual permanent augmentation, and smaller. Easier to stealth in, as well as lighter so logistically, it'd be easier to transport. As well as the fact that in reality, these things are already in development, with many already in the prototype phase. It makes sense.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:26 pm

As a note, Mechs were introduced to Athena in the last few stages of it being up, so the tech exists. Temp's char had undergone changes. I think that it was kinda like an exosuit, but bigger, maybe 9 ft at max.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo

U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

Shyluz
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:35 pm

Vancon wrote:As a note, Mechs were introduced to Athena in the last few stages of it being up, so the tech exists. Temp's char had undergone changes. I think that it was kinda like an exosuit, but bigger, maybe 9 ft at max.

I have some ulterior motives... :p

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Wed Dec 16, 2015 2:46 pm

Hey, Tilt, your description of the E19 hardly defers from how it actually looks :P
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

Cerrania
Minister

Founded: Nov 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Cerrania » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:29 pm

Is it permissible to app for an individual whose nation hasn't been hit yet? I was thinking Israel, but if that's not acceptable then I can certainly do something else.

E: Could I also app as one of the American reinforcements that had arrived a few weeks prior to the major European attack?
Last edited by Cerrania on Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Amibition is a dream with a V8 engine."
-Elvis Presley

I really enjoy running.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:32 pm

Cerrania wrote:Is it permissible to app for an individual whose nation hasn't been hit yet? I was thinking Israel, but if that's not acceptable then I can certainly do something else.

E: Could I also app as one of the American reinforcements that had arrived a few weeks prior to the major European attack?

Second part is a yes, as I'm playing one of said reinforcements.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Cerrania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cerrania » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:33 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:
Cerrania wrote:Is it permissible to app for an individual whose nation hasn't been hit yet? I was thinking Israel, but if that's not acceptable then I can certainly do something else.

Second part is a yes, as I'm playing one of said reinforcements.

Cool. App incoming, then.
-Elvis Presley

I really enjoy running.

Shyluz
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:33 pm

HE LIVES!

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:34 pm

Sure to both. We've already got a few Canadians for instance, and there's the Atlantic between them and the aliens.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Cerrania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cerrania » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:36 pm

Shyluz wrote:

HE LIVES!

Barely. I'm a shell of the man I used to be after these last few weeks :lol2:

Bentus wrote:
Sure to both. We've already got a few Canadians for instance, and there's the Atlantic between them and the aliens.

Awesome. Any classes that we're missing? I'm probably gonna go SEAL, but I don't know what to roll.
-Elvis Presley

I really enjoy running.

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:44 pm

Cerrania wrote:Awesome. Any classes that we're missing? I'm probably gonna go SEAL, but I don't know what to roll.

I added the classes of accepted chars to the roster, and at first glance there's no pilots or engineers - although there's no minimum quota if you'd rather take a different route.
Last edited by Bentus on Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Cerrania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cerrania » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:47 pm

Bentus wrote:[quote="Cerrania";p="27047453]Awesome. Any classes that we're missing? I'm probably gonna go SEAL, but I don't know what to roll.[/quote]

I added the classes of accepted chars to the roster, and at first glance there's no pilots or engineers - although there's no minimum quota if you'd rather take a different route.[/quote]

I'll go Engineer. I'm having visions of my Engineer-class heydays in Battlefield 3.
-Elvis Presley

I really enjoy running.

Unified Free Lands
Senator

Founded: Jul 28, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Unified Free Lands » Wed Dec 16, 2015 3:58 pm

Bentus wrote:
Cerrania wrote:Awesome. Any classes that we're missing? I'm probably gonna go SEAL, but I don't know what to roll.

I added the classes of accepted chars to the roster, and at first glance there's no pilots or engineers - although there's no minimum quota if you'd rather take a different route.

Thinking of pilots, I'll probably change the other character I'm going to make to pilot class.

It would be cool to have a list of the aircraft used though.
Here lies a bad OP.

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:00 pm

Unified Free Lands wrote:
Bentus wrote:

Thinking of pilots, I'll probably change the other character I'm going to make to pilot class.

It would be cool to have a list of the aircraft used though.

There's a couple listed in the original Athena's OP, but I didn't include them since there won't be an awful lot of opportunities to use them - especially the advanced, Athena-specific types. Any pilots are going to be spending most of the time out of there element, or being in charge of driving whatever the team can get their hands on or potentially navigation.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Cerrania
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cerrania » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:47 pm

Class / Role: Engineer
Name: Raymond Thomas Gayles

Experience: Five years in the Navy SEALs.

Height and Weight: 6 foot, 1 inch. 187 pounds.

Appearance:

Bio: "Better dead than red." An archaic saying, but one that characterized the majority of Raymond's childhood. Born to two red-white-and-blue blooded American parents in the heart of Montana, Raymond had the childhood of "the classic Republican". He went to church every Sunday, believed vehemently in God, watched FOX News, and supported his troops. Yet, there was a darker side to the life that Raymond led on his parents' ranch. His father, John Gayles, was a severely afflicted alcoholic. And not, by an stretch of the imagination, did John Gayles sit down and fall asleep when he was drunk. No, he was boisterous, loud, and violent.

One night, when Raymond was fourteen, his father stumbled in the door, stupid-drunk and pissed off. John Gayles was a big man, mind you, and was known for simply plowing through people who stepped in his way. Raymond happened to get in his father's way that night. John was making threats against Raymond's mother, Abby, that she was "no good wife" and that he had "heard from the boys she was sleeping around". He approached her with malicious intent, and Raymond stepped in his way. It was simply a moment later that his father swung a meaty fist and struck Raymond in the jaw, essentially knock him out cold. What happened next Raymond did not know, other than that he came to his senses hours later lying in a combined pool of both his mother's and father's blood, and police lights strobing their way across the ceiling.

Raymond learned later that his mother had taken a kitchen knife and attempted to defend herself, but John had disarmed her and stabbed her a total of twelve times before breaking down. Still in a drunk stupor, he took the duck-hunting Remington shotgun from his gun locker, loaded a shell into it, and subsequently put his own brains in the ceiling.

Raymond spent the next four years in and out of several foster homes across the continental United States. He spent six months here, four months there, and so on and so on, until he "aged out" of the program at eighteen. He eventually moved to a a small college town in North Carolina, taking up a job as a mechanic, having excellent knowledge in the field from always fixing the "shit-on-the-bottom-of-your-boot quality" machines at his Montana ranch.

At twenty-one, Raymond crawled out from under his proverbial rock and took a look at the state of the world. He saw deterioration, fear, and general chaos everywhere. Unhappy with this situation in his own right, and calling forth some long buried conservative "I support my troops" American Pride, Raymond joined the United States Navy, with the ulterior motive of becoming a Navy SEAL. After graduating Basic Training, Raymond immediately contacted a SEAL Recruiter and was sent to SEAL Indoctrination and BUD/S. Despite his minimal knowledge of formal military science, and his general uneducated attitude, Raymond graduated BUD/S with flying colors. He moved swiftly through SEAL Qualification, and earned his SEAL status at the age of 22.

After a few years of operations, he was sent to Europe to aid in the efforts against the alien menace, and was in Antwerp when the attacks came. After most of his unit was decimated, Raymond attached to the surviving ATHENA units, and has been with them since as a combat engineer.

Personality: INTJ. Raymond is extremely scarred by the deaths of his parents. He often blames himself for the issue, and thus developed - during BUD/S - an exoskeletal personality in order to hide his extreme insecurities about guilt, religion, and his purpose on Earth. Though he can work with others effectively, it is almost entirely exclusive to combat or other military ventures. He prefers to be alone in his spare time, and can often be found reading various religious texts. Not because he is a faithful man, no. Rather, he is trying to rediscover his faith and find a God that can strike something within his soul.

Weaknesses:
  • Raymond has a hard time relating to his comrades outside of combat.
  • Absolutely detests alcohol, and will go out of his way to demean those who drink it, should it be present.
  • Irrationally afraid of large birds. Bad encounter with a few crows at the age of 8. He's been cited several times for shooting crows and ravens on sight while on mission.
  • Not as spry as he once was, but Raymond has kept in excellent shape for the most part.
  • Obedient to a fault.
Skills:
  • Almost prodigal knowledge of mechanics and an expert of the Jury-Rig.
  • Keen tactical sense.
  • Absolutely merciless in combat.
  • Despite the fact that he rarely speaks, Raymond is an excellent public speaker.

RP Example: First post

Likes: Fixing anything, reading religious texts, discussing international politics and policy.

Dislikes: Large social gatherings, emotional openness, Communists.

Hobbies: Reading and Running.

Discipline: 8

Devotion: 9

Riskiness: 4

Languages Spoken: English only.
Last edited by Cerrania on Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-Elvis Presley

I really enjoy running.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Wed Dec 16, 2015 4:49 pm

Cerrania wrote:-snip-

>NAVY
>Lance Corporal

You gonna fix that?