NATION

PASSWORD

Europe: The Dark Continent (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bill Cosby Island
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Bill Cosby Island » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:25 pm

The Tokhtamysh Khanate- The Wolves of Europa!

The Throne Room, Tana Epak, Ukrainistan

Airat sat on a large bead cushion and stared up at the roof lazily. At eighteen years of age and the second oldest of his brothers (who were six in number including him), he was a young man concerned with enjoyment and present pursuits. He had well-sculpted cheekbones and was tall and strong, even moreso than his twenty three year-old brother Zagip. Airat enjoyed sport and hunting, but outside of that he was rather lazy. His father got very angry at this, although Airat found it to be mostly uncalled for. "I am glad you are not my oldest son", his father had once told him ,"you have no sense of responsibility, and the throne would crumble under you". Of course, being the person he was, Airat had shrugged his father's attack off as simple whining- he was popular in the court, good with a bow and a fast runner, why did he need to be king? He could've easily fought in the army, which his father accepted as a possibility with reluctance.

Airat had spent the last four or so months with two of his brothers- Zagip and Yasher (who was sixteen). The three of them, as the three oldest of Kashin's sons, had been organised to govern the kingdom while he was away. De Jure, the three were acting as temporary regents for the Khan, but in actual fact Airat had done basically nothing apart from gain access to the Khan's rooms. It was Zagip, a natural leader with the heart of a lion, and Yasher, a timid, studious boy, who had been doing most of the work.

There was a knock on the door of the throne room. Airat got up off of his cushion and walked down the carpet that lead to Kashin's seat. He had been instructed not to touch the throne, and while he had deliberately disobeyed this instruction he still found the thing less comfortable than a bead cushion. The hall of the room was filled with unattended tables, a stage that could be wheeled out into the middle for dramatic performances and dances, and bowls of fruits and biscuits. The eighteen year-old opened the door to reveal the angry face of his brother Zagip. "If you don't stop being a waste of space, I am going to cut your nose off!", he yelled, just as he had about a dozen times this week ,"I need you to leave the throne room and actually help us! There are a stack of legal documents to approve, and merchants have been pestering us for three days asking about a damned fur-trapping company! Our father had left us with four pages of advice, and I suggest that unless you want him to be fuming when he gets back you should get off your buttocks and do something!"

Zagip dramatically jumped up and down on the floor in anger, prompting Airat to slam the door in his face. "I don't care, leave me alone!", he shouted at the closed door. Now angry, he marched back to his cushion to the background sound of his brother's muffled swearing. Airat's self-esteem was a bit bloated to say the least, and he didn't really think what he'd done was insolent or prompting of such a speech. Airat snatched a bowl of biscuits from one of the tables and sat back down, crunching at the sweet pastries.

The Khan's Office, Tana Epak, Ukrainistan

Yasher dipped the seal of the throne's approval in ink once more and boredly stamped another legal document. He was feeling rather depressed- this work in the administration was what he would spend much of his life doing unless he found himself an advisor in Zagip's future court (which he found himself too timid to be capable of). This would leave him dying alone and unremembered in history books, despite having been born into the most powerful family in his realm. An opportunity squandered, and all because of his pathetic nature!

He wasn't even attractive, he thought to himself- he was short and had a sort of pubescent throaty voice despite being already sixteen. He didn't feel smart either, despite what his endearing brothers told him. Why was he even alive? What was he doing that was so great? At least Airat was popular, even if he was a complete idiot and inconsiderate to everyone else around him. But maybe people were just attracted to that- maybe people were supposed to be like that, and the nature of a scholar was an artificial one distanced from man's primal natures and urges.

The sound of angry mumbling and hard footsteps sounded down the hallway. Zagip stepped through the open doorway, his fists clenched with anger. Yasher felt scared. "Is everything okay?", he asked, testing his brother's emotional waters. "Airat is such a fucking idiot!", he screamed ,"why can't he do anything?!". Yasher wanted to disappear into the cushions of the chair he was sitting on, but he would have to ride out his brother's anger. His small frame shrank a little. Zagip noticed this and apologised ,"sorry, brother. I'm not angry at you, I'm just angry at Airat."

The twenty-three year old patted Yasher's back comfortingly and moved over to the desk beside his. Zagip's stack of papers were more or less the same as his- a bunch of local rulers asking for favours and permission to do things, with the odd foreign diplomatic letter. Oh well, Zagip thought, his mood of sadness starting to temporarily subside as it always did, perhaps being scholarly isn't't all that bad. After all, it was something intellectually stimulating to do, and he could serve his realm better than an idiot like Airat ever could outside of the battlefield. Yasher turned and checked is Zagip's mood had brightened. "Hey Zagip", he said. "What is it", asked the young man, holding back the anger in his voice and stroking his goatee ,"what is it you have to ask me?". "Would I ever be capable of being an advisor in your court, or Kashin's court, when I get older?", Yasher asked with a slight stutter. "It depends on what you're an advisor for", said Zagip in a considerably calmer tone ,"I couldn't see you helping with military affairs, but if I were Khan I'd certainly put you in my court above the general administration of merchant caste. You're good with numbers, right? You're good with words, too- you could be a merchant, an envoy, an administrator, whatever you want to be inside your capability." Yasher nodded, put up a fake smile and went back to work. He didn't believe his brother, even if he did have good intentions. He just didn't feel up to a job like that, even if he might be different in the future. But maybe he was just doubting himself- Zagip often complained of that, after all.
Last edited by Bill Cosby Island on Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Togeria
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 29, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Togeria » Thu Dec 03, 2015 5:27 pm

Affirming Ties

The Bedouin had indeed proven invaluable and much of the growth seen by the empire can be attributed to them. Prince Khalid now taking over most the civil duties for his aging father had noticed this, and sought to affirm this. Having two messengers ride of horse back he had them ride north to send a letter of gratitude to the Bedouin as well as inform them on a new development.

On behalf of my people, my king, myself, and the empire we thank you for your continued service to the empire and fervent loyalty to it while under its employment. It has come to my attention that your people, the few that have settled in our lands including you, your highness, have settled in these lands and obeyed and followed our laws for over seventy-two months. As such should you or any of your people accept from this moment on your will be welcomed as full, honorary citizens of the Empire of Aymendia and the lands of Moorsia. Should you wish to discuss more into this matter our palace is open in Ruma, and our gates opened to your grace.

Butter and Cannons
With the growing power of the empire as well as its increasing prevalence in the Mediterranean the need to establish ties with several of its neighbors was of increasing importance. Dispatching several messenger ships into the seas they were to carry a message directed towards the German lands, Ottomans, and the Ukranistanians.

Should these letters reach you either by sea or land know we speak in a manner on befitting to befriend and not two dishonor. In our lands in the western Mediterranean have seen much growth by trade and commerce and wish to expand our networks. We look for a relationship as equal to you as it is to us, as such let it be known we have interest in your lands to begin trade of arms, cloth, and crop, should you accept send a messenger to the kings lands and we will reply justly, decline and discard this letter and no ill feeling will be add.

From, The Aymendian Empire
I love telegrams please by all means telegram me!

DEFCON LEVELS
[1] peace
2 hostilities
3engaged conflicts
4War
Maldaria- Victory
GSW-Victory
Revolution in Sharphats-Stalemates
2nd Russian civil war-indecisive
Parazal Civil War-Support wasn't active militarily
I am deeply sorry for the attacks on your nations capital, and pray for those affected by the attacks both in Paris and throughout France. As a fellow Muslim I apologize deeply and in place of those who use our religion to commit such an heinous crime. I pray for France, for Paris, and for all those affected.

Orthodox States
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Orthodox States » Thu Dec 03, 2015 6:34 pm

The Great Mongol Tribes

---------------------------------------------------

Khan Ganbaatar of the Southern Tribe was sitting in his Ger, Chugging down his drink gluttonously. A few years ago he had invaded parts of Manchuria and was injured in battle. He had praised Tengri for his victory, but now he was a different man. He was older, wiser, and more cynical. He was starting to question his purpose in life. Was it to appease Tengri, the Sky Father? Was it to conquer and see his enemies washed away, cleansed by bloodshed? Or was it more, to truly unite the Mongols under one Tribe, one Horde, and one Khan? Nobody knows, and nobody answers, he just continues to drink, eat, and hunt. Finally he is done with his drink, and he ponders more. Why worship Tengri? He obviously was not a warlike god, considering Tengriism does not command his followers to spread Tengriism by force or conversion like religions such as Islam and Christianity. After all, Nestorian Christians were in Mongolia until a few years ago when they were expelled. And, with the Golden Horde's conversion to Islam years before, was it not obvious that Tengri is no longer the rightful god of Mongolia?

A few days later the same feelings plagued Khan Ganbaatar, and he began to publicly doubt Tengri to his soldiers and advisers. He stopped praying to Tengri, and as a result became subject to rumors about his faith and in his court.

More and more issues are starting to plague Khan Ganbaatar, such as succession and what religion would be best for himself and his tribe to adopt, should it be confirmed that Tengri was unworthy for being the god of his tribe. But for now, he needed a heir. He bought or adopted some concubines to bear his heirs, and in time, they would hopefully give him a son, worthy enough to lead his tribe to glory, and maybe even centralize the tribes.

About 2 days pass, and Khan Ganbaatar had been eating his dinner of some sheep meat from his herd and some water from the clean stream nearby. He was about finished when all of a sudden he was interrupted by one of his advisers. The adviser explained to his Khan that reports from some of the nomads near the Southern tribe's western border that they have noticed some activity going on, and that the Khan may want to send somebody to see what is going on. The Khan finished his meal, and exclaimed that he would go himself, to see what they had to offer, and what their religion is and, if they are willing and their religion is worthy, to see if they would convert him and if possible, his tribe to their faith. He took about 5 of his horsemen to guard him, and he left that night to travel for this new found neighbor. His advisers would look over his tribe and his livestock while he is gone.

The country/neighbor i'm talking about is the Nestorian Alliance

A ger is a Mongolian Tent that is portable and circular, and used by nomads. It is called Yurts by the Turkic peoples.

The Greater Gambia
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Gambia » Thu Dec 03, 2015 11:10 pm

Mali Empire
Kunte Sissoko, Brother of Salif Sissoko, Mansa of the Mali Empire

"Land sighted!" Yelled one of crew members. Kunte couldn't have been happier

"If man were meant to travel the sea, Allah would have given them gills." He thought, trying to keep what little he could eat inside him. It had been many months since he departed from his homeland of Mali. His brother, Salif, the Mansa of the Mali Empire had sent him on this journey to Faransa. A colony of Malian merchants in the northern continent once called by its natives, Europa.

The continent was once home to vast empires that ruins could still be seen today. Kunte had seen them with his own two eyes during the hajj he had taking during his youth. Their majesty only rivaled by the Pyramids of Giza. Of course, these weren't made by the Europeans of today. This old empire had fallen centuries ago, long gone even before the birth of the prophet, praise be unto him. Their artwork and knowledge, only kept safe by scholars in the east, but leaving those wandering in the ashes in destitution and ignorance.

They did not stay that way forever. Although the Empire never rose again, the survivors left in its wake rebuilt, creating new Kingdoms, though not as grand as the one that was. While they spent most of the time fighting each other, their religion binded them together Giving them a unity rarely acknowledged, but when it did, the world felt it. Binded by the word of their God, they waged Holy War for the Holy Land. They launched multiple of these "crusades" before a great plague had befallen the continent, killing millions and destroying all that they had rebuilt. Kunte saw it as a sign of Allah smiting the infidels, but he worried.

Despite the massive calamity that had stricken them, some native kingdoms still survived, or at least mere shadows of their former selves. But, when there's a shadow, it's creator is only feet away. If allowed, they would rebuild once again, regaining their former strength. Once to sufficient strength, they would look outward again, this time, Mali might be in the way, and there would be no ocean, desert, or warrior that could stop them.

Most Malians didn't have these worries. Most Malians didn't know much outside of their own village. But Kunte knew and to a lesser extent, his brothers and sister knew as well, or at least they should have. Their Father paid for some of the finest Scholars of Timbuktu to teach them. While his siblings brushed off the history of the world as something of little convenience, Kunte clung to it. Despite his Father's wishes, Kunte departed east to Cairo, the land of the Mameluke's. There, he learned more about the history of the world, from the old Roman and Greek Empires to the far east countries that few had dared to travel except the most hardened merchants.

The ship pulled into port at Sabo Gao. Kunte was one of the first off the boat. He was glad to finally be on dry land. He hoped he would never have to board another ship again in his life, although he knew he would have to. Over land routes were too treacherous and long. He took solace in the fact that it would be a long while before he would have to board one of those wooden death traps again.
Quote of the- Oh, I don't know how long I'm gonna have this on here.
"It's all good in the hood!" I replied cheerfully. But deep down, I knew that there were many socio-economic problems in the hood.

RP's I'm hosting:
Interstellar Ascendancy: an FT Nation Rp

Evil Pootoo Bird of The Pub

Korhal IVV
Senator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Fri Dec 04, 2015 12:14 am

Orthodox States wrote:

The Great Mongol Tribes

---------------------------------------------------

Khan Ganbaatar of the Southern Tribe was sitting in his Ger, Chugging down his drink gluttonously. A few years ago he had invaded parts of Manchuria and was injured in battle. He had praised Tengri for his victory, but now he was a different man. He was older, wiser, and more cynical. He was starting to question his purpose in life. Was it to appease Tengri, the Sky Father? Was it to conquer and see his enemies washed away, cleansed by bloodshed? Or was it more, to truly unite the Mongols under one Tribe, one Horde, and one Khan? Nobody knows, and nobody answers, he just continues to drink, eat, and hunt. Finally he is done with his drink, and he ponders more. Why worship Tengri? He obviously was not a warlike god, considering Tengriism does not command his followers to spread Tengriism by force or conversion like religions such as Islam and Christianity. After all, Nestorian Christians were in Mongolia until a few years ago when they were expelled. And, with the Golden Horde's conversion to Islam years before, was it not obvious that Tengri is no longer the rightful god of Mongolia?

A few days later the same feelings plagued Khan Ganbaatar, and he began to publicly doubt Tengri to his soldiers and advisers. He stopped praying to Tengri, and as a result became subject to rumors about his faith and in his court.

More and more issues are starting to plague Khan Ganbaatar, such as succession and what religion would be best for himself and his tribe to adopt, should it be confirmed that Tengri was unworthy for being the god of his tribe. But for now, he needed a heir. He bought or adopted some concubines to bear his heirs, and in time, they would hopefully give him a son, worthy enough to lead his tribe to glory, and maybe even centralize the tribes.

About 2 days pass, and Khan Ganbaatar had been eating his dinner of some sheep meat from his herd and some water from the clean stream nearby. He was about finished when all of a sudden he was interrupted by one of his advisers. The adviser explained to his Khan that reports from some of the nomads near the Southern tribe's western border that they have noticed some activity going on, and that the Khan may want to send somebody to see what is going on. The Khan finished his meal, and exclaimed that he would go himself, to see what they had to offer, and what their religion is and, if they are willing and their religion is worthy, to see if they would convert him and if possible, his tribe to their faith. He took about 5 of his horsemen to guard him, and he left that night to travel for this new found neighbor. His advisers would look over his tribe and his livestock while he is gone.

The country/neighbor i'm talking about is the Nestorian Alliance

A ger is a Mongolian Tent that is portable and circular, and used by nomads. It is called Yurts by the Turkic peoples.

The morning wind blew over the walled town of Xiang-Qing. Unlike most cities in China, however, instead of a temple in the center, on the center stood an Orthodox church. It was early morning when 6 mysterious figures riding horses neared the town, seemingly bringing no merchandise unlike most people that entered and left the town daily. The town guards approached the 6 horse riders, and asked them, "What are 6 strangers doing in this trading town without something to trade? Are you messengers? Or envoys?"
ABTH Music Education ~ AB Journalism ~ RPer ~ Keyboard Warrior ~ Futurist ~ INTJ

Economic Left/Right: -0.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.21
Supports: Christianity, economic development, democracy, common sense, vaccines, space colonization, and health programs
Against: Adding 100 genders, Gay marriage in a church, heresy, Nazism, abortion for no good reason, anti-vaxxers, SJW liberals, and indecency
This nation does reflect my real-life beliefs.
My vocabulary is stranger than a Tzeentchian sorceror. Bare with me.

"Whatever a person may be like, we must still love them because we love God." ~ John Calvin

Alsheb
Senator

Founded: Jul 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Alsheb » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:25 am

The Mamluk Sultanate of Egypt, Hejaz and the Levant

Al-Shirkisiya (Circassia)
Mamluk Colony
Northern Caucasus

Things had gone well for the expeditionary force of the Mamluk Empire. Since arriving in Circassia a few months ago, a bunch of reinforced commercial settlements had been built up along the coast. The predominantly Islamic Circassian population generally received the Egyptian newcomers warmly, mainly because the Mamluks had been their main trading partners for centuries already.
The Abkhazians and Georgians, most of them Orthodox Christians, were more weary of the newcomers, but were mostly swayed by the increase in trade the new colony brought.

Al-Shirkisiya was starting to flourish economically, forming a hub of trade between the Black Sea Coast and faraway Egypt. The slave trade was the main contributor to this prosperity. Already an important local trade, the direct presence of Egyptian merchants made the provision of new Mamluk recruits all the easier. Dozens of promising young male slaves had already been shipped towards Egypt, a future in the elite armed forces of the Empire awaiting them. And who knows, perhaps one of them would one day even rise to become Sultan himself.

Captain Ahmad al-Nasir had, in recognition of his services to the Sultan, been named Wāli of the new colony, a title comparable to what the Europeans would call governor. From his seat, he supervised the commercial expansion, into slave trade but also in the export of furs, timber and other local products, and the import of Egyptian luxury goods and grains. He had recently ordered the sending of representatives to the Pontic coasts of the Ottoman Empire, as well as to the Black Sea ports of Ukrainistan and the Golden Horde. Each representative came with a shipload of trade goods, as a gesture of goodwill, and the request for trade between Al-Shirkisiya and their respective realms.

Sultan Saladin Citael
Cairo

"These barbarians have raided settlements in our Syrian lands, mighty Sultan. They have pillaged, burned and murdered our people, and taken our women as slaves for their sins!"

General Salah ad-Din starting turning red as he finished his rant in the royal throne room.
Sultan Barquq al-Zahiri rose up from his seat, clearly enraged with the news. Yet, in a surprisingly calm but firm tone, he spoke.

"The Mamluk Empire has never bore any ill will towards the heathens of the Banu Amin. Despite their dabbling into heretical practices and their sinful ways, we have always turned a blind eye towards their presence near our borders and in the deserts of the Peninsula.

But it seems that they have refused to return this favour to us. In their petty war with the Timurids, a war only existant because of their lust for plunder and gold, they have violated the borders of the Sultanate and ventured into our very own soil in Syria and Canaan. This is an act of war, gentlemen. A war against the Mamluk Sultanate and the very heart of Islam itself!

Well, we shall strike back at their very heartland. No longer shall these infidels defile Arabia with their presence. We shall venture forth and put an end to the era of plundering tribes. We shall bring the Dar al-Islam to their very doorstep!"

With these words, the Sultan had made the decision: war. The Mamluk armies would march upon Nejd in the heartland of the Arab Peninsula, and strike the original homelands of the tribes of Banu Amin. Nobody knew how this conflict would turn out. The Banu Amin main tribes had long since left the Arab world and resettled in more fertile lands in Italia. It was known some tribes had stayed behind, and kept on ruling the land in the name of their faraway Queen.
But how strong or how dedicated the resistance against the Mamluk retribution would be, of that no-one had any idea.
Anti-Revisionist Marxist-Leninist and Zaydi Muslim Pan-Islamist
About Alsheb: An Islamic people's republic, based upon the principles of Marxism-Leninism and Zaydi Islam
Member of the Committee for Proletarian Morality
Pro: Communism, Marxism-Leninism, Mao Zedong Thought, Axis of Resistance, Syrian Arab Republic, Ansarullah, Hezbollah, Palestine, Iran, Novorossiya, LGBTQ acceptance, feminism, internationalism, socialist patriotism.
Anti: Capitalism, imperialism, racism, fascism, zionism, liberalism, NATO, EU, Wahhabism, revisionism, trotskyism.
Freedom is nothing but a vain phantom when one class of men can starve another with impunity. Equality is nothing but a vain phantom when the rich, through monopoly, exercise the right of life or death over their like.
Jacques Roux

Soviet Chernarus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 19, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Soviet Chernarus » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:00 pm

Empire of Vijayanagara
ವಿಜಯನಗರ ಸಾಮ್ರಾಜ್ಯ
ಕರ್ಣಾಟ ಸಾಮ್ರಾಜ್ಯ

Imperial Palace
Vijayanagara
Empire of Vijayanagara

The courier approached the throne, bringing forth news of recent developments. The Maharaja acknowledged him, gesturing for him to speak. "Maharaja, our delegation has reported back - the Mamluks have agreed to our request for special trading privilege. Merchants have begun trading with them in earnest, and even moving beyond their lands..." The Maharaja nodded - things were going well. With this, trade would start booming again, bringing even more wealth and riches to the empire. "And what of my brother? Has he departed Karnataka yet?" The courier shook his head, before speaking. "I'm afraid not, Maharaja. The Yuvaraj has experienced some...unforeseen delays. It will be some time before he is able to gather his army and depart."

"Very well - we are in no real rush." The Kingdom of Jaffna, despite the destruction of their invading army and fleet, had still managed to hold their own against the chief. new forces had been raised and they did not seem to be on the brink of collapse anytime soon. The aging Maharaja, however, had distanced himself from the public; he had experienced health problems in recent years, and most of the empire's issues were handled by his advisors and specially-appointed officials. The stress of managing such a great empire was quickly getting to him, and his time was soon coming - even Harihari II himself knew this. The Maharaja's sons were already disputing over who would become the king following his death.

As the courier informed him of various developments within the Empire, there had been some remaining resistance from the territories gained from the Bahmani Sultanate, which was to expected. However, integration was going along well, and the reforms had seen greater tax revenues. A more efficient administration and taxation system had allowed for this. The military had been expanded, and following reforms in its leadership, was expected to see the fruits of its labor in the fighting that would soon ensue in Sri Lanka. The ports were bustling, and ships came in and out of the harbors nearly every day. Merchants from all walks of life and backgrounds came to the capital, Vijayanagara, which had become a central hub of trade. All roads lead to Vijayanagara, connecting distant towns and cities miles away from the capital.

After dismissing him, the old Maharaja, with assistance from his servants, retreated to his private room, feeling unwell and a bit sickly. Gingerly setting himself on the bed, he lay down, contemplating what would happen to his empire if he were to die.

Orthodox States
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Orthodox States » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:26 pm

Korhal IVV wrote:The morning wind blew over the walled town of Xiang-Qing. Unlike most cities in China, however, instead of a temple in the center, on the center stood an Orthodox church. It was early morning when 6 mysterious figures riding horses neared the town, seemingly bringing no merchandise unlike most people that entered and left the town daily. The town guards approached the 6 horse riders, and asked them, "What are 6 strangers doing in this trading town without something to trade? Are you messengers? Or envoys?"

Khan Ganbaatar was about to enter the town when he thought about this idea, What if they are the Nestorians that were kicked out of Mongolia from before? What if they were Muslim, and, like Genghis Khan's traders and envoy's going to the Khwarazmian Dynasty in Persia, were killed? He was starting to regret this plan when all of the sudden the town's guards met with the Khan and his horsemen and asked him what was his purpose for being at the city.

The Khan ordered his 5 horsemen to stay quiet while he talks to the guardsmen. He blinked, then yawned, tired from the nightlong travel. He then told the town guards why he was at the city. "I am the ruler of the Southern tribe of the Mongolian Tribes. We have grown cynical of our ancestral belief, Tengriism, and we heard about some movement about our border, probably some traders going into and exiting your town. We ask that you let us into your town, and let us meet with your priest so that we may find salvation in this harsh, cruel world. Obviously our weapons and horses will be left outside. If you wish to turn us away, then we will leave without protest, and go back to our tribe."
“A nation that cannot control its borders is not a nation.” -Ronald Reagan
“Sometimes by losing a battle you find a new way to win the war.” – Donald Trump

Korhal IVV
Senator

Founded: Aug 29, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Korhal IVV » Fri Dec 04, 2015 4:34 pm

Orthodox States wrote:
Korhal IVV wrote:The morning wind blew over the walled town of Xiang-Qing. Unlike most cities in China, however, instead of a temple in the center, on the center stood an Orthodox church. It was early morning when 6 mysterious figures riding horses neared the town, seemingly bringing no merchandise unlike most people that entered and left the town daily. The town guards approached the 6 horse riders, and asked them, "What are 6 strangers doing in this trading town without something to trade? Are you messengers? Or envoys?"

Khan Ganbaatar was about to enter the town when he thought about this idea, What if they are the Nestorians that were kicked out of Mongolia from before? What if they were Muslim, and, like Genghis Khan's traders and envoy's going to the Khwarazmian Dynasty in Persia, were killed? He was starting to regret this plan when all of the sudden the town's guards met with the Khan and his horsemen and asked him what was his purpose for being at the city.

The Khan ordered his 5 horsemen to stay quiet while he talks to the guardsmen. He blinked, then yawned, tired from the nightlong travel. He then told the town guards why he was at the city. "I am the ruler of the Southern tribe of the Mongolian Tribes. We have grown cynical of our ancestral belief, Tengriism, and we heard about some movement about our border, probably some traders going into and exiting your town. We ask that you let us into your town, and let us meet with your priest so that we may find salvation in this harsh, cruel world. Obviously our weapons and horses will be left outside. If you wish to turn us away, then we will leave without protest, and go back to our tribe."

"You're very welcome here!", said the town mayor as he walked down from the town in his usual morning clothes before the guardsmes can say anything.
"So you are looking for the priest?Come in and see him in the church. He isn't saying Mass yet so you can talk with him."
ABTH Music Education ~ AB Journalism ~ RPer ~ Keyboard Warrior ~ Futurist ~ INTJ

Economic Left/Right: -0.13
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 0.21
Supports: Christianity, economic development, democracy, common sense, vaccines, space colonization, and health programs
Against: Adding 100 genders, Gay marriage in a church, heresy, Nazism, abortion for no good reason, anti-vaxxers, SJW liberals, and indecency
This nation does reflect my real-life beliefs.
My vocabulary is stranger than a Tzeentchian sorceror. Bare with me.

"Whatever a person may be like, we must still love them because we love God." ~ John Calvin

The Germanian states
Minister

Founded: Jan 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Germanian states » Fri Dec 04, 2015 5:18 pm

Batavia(present-day Jakarta)

Some fisherman return from their journey to catch nets full of fishes

"What a catch. The boat cold have sunk if we had caught more." The fishermen joked as they got off their small wooden boats

The nets of fish were placed in a wagon and sent to the market for trade and the fishermen wwere payed with traditional gold coins.

They then returned to the Java sea after buying new nets as profit and went back fishing.

Malacca(in Present-day Malaysia)

The bustling port of Malacca has seen it's finest as traders as far as Europe come here for spices as they are rare and valuable in Europe. It also helped introduced Sugar, wheat and bread to the Majapahit Empire. The port was well defended with Guards to ensure no one will try to invade or bypass the system by shoplifting.
This Nation doesn't use NS Stats
Senpai: UESE
My views are mixed in my Attitude somewhere
Germanian States Embassy Program

Orthodox States
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Orthodox States » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:04 pm

Korhal IVV wrote:"You're very welcome here!", said the town mayor as he walked down from the town in his usual morning clothes before the guardsmes can say anything.
"So you are looking for the priest?Come in and see him in the church. He isn't saying Mass yet so you can talk with him."

Khan Ganbaatar thanked the mayor for his acceptance and told his horsemen to keep watch on his horse. He also gave his weapons to his horsemen, who put the weapons on the ground along with their weapons, obviously not in the same pile of course. The Khan then walked into the city, and walked the streets to find the "Church", and more importantly, the priest. As he was walking the streets, he was getting more and more impressed at how successful their unnomadic lifestyle had become. Traders from almost all regions of East Asia appeared to be here, selling a variety of items such as Spices, Religious symbols, and sometimes Jewelry. However, this travel was about religion, not about ideas to settle the Tribes. Finally after a period of walking what appeared to be what the mayor called a "Church" was found. It looked like some of the other buildings, however the "Church" had something that set it apart from the rest, a Cross. A Cross very similar to the Nestorian Mongolians that were exiled only years before. He stepped inside and hoped for the best.

When he walked inside the Church, he was amazed at the scope of it all. The rows of chairs, which obviously showed how many people followed this religion. The Art on the walls, amazingly realistic and beautiful, showed a bearded man holding a book. Could this be the man called Jesus Christ that the Nestorians called The Son of God? He saw an altar with what appeared to be a very large book, called a "Bible". The Khan was overwhelmed at the superiority of this faith in comparison of Tengriism, he had found his new faith. He saw a person in robes who greeted him, and told the Khan that he was a priest. The Khan began to ask many questions, such as "What is the tenets of your religion?", "Who is the founder of your religion?", "What is there in the afterlife?", and finally, "How do I convert to this faith"?. The Priest began to answer as many questions as he could, and The Khan took in every word, mesmerized at the answers, and eagerly waited to be formally declared what the Priest said is a "Orthodox Christian".
Last edited by Orthodox States on Fri Dec 04, 2015 8:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.

The Peoples East Africa
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Peoples East Africa » Fri Dec 04, 2015 6:50 pm

A forest, 1 mile east of Faransa
For many months, the trading caravan of Poland had been heading westwards. Fording rivers, cutting through forest, and living off the land. 25 horses carried the supplies of the group, headed by Dariusz Okan. He rode at the start of their train, atop a pony, well suited to his frame. There was yet another debate as to who to send. Father Iwan insisted on himself, saying he could not only build relations but also spread the word of the one true faith. ''Trade matters most in this mission,'' the Emperor had said. And so it was decided to send the most famous merchant in all the Slavic lands.

Their carriages totalled to ten, each wide enough to carry a plethora of goods. Grains were the majority, with sixty total barrels full of wheat, barley, rye, and oats. Cattle came next, meat and milk, and even a few lives ones were coming along for the journey. Fur, both to keep warm and to trade were stored in the last. The plan was simple, show Faransa the goods Poland has to offer, and cement a good alliance. Rumours of the nations trading prowess stretched far and wide, and their navy was known even in coastless Poland.

After another hard night of travelling, a flat area east of Faransa was found to set up camp for the night. Nearby trees were cut down to fuel a roaring fire, over which cooked that days catch; a juicy wild boar that fell into a snare trap, and was big enough to make sure every man had a full belly that night. Even some horses got in on it. Guard posts were set to switch every four hours, although whoever would try a raid so close to the border of a major power, no one knew. By the time the last man drifted off to sleep, nary a cricket or a cow could be heard for miles.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 08, 2013
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:27 am

Togeria wrote:
Affirming Ties

The Bedouin had indeed proven invaluable and much of the growth seen by the empire can be attributed to them. Prince Khalid now taking over most the civil duties for his aging father had noticed this, and sought to affirm this. Having two messengers ride of horse back he had them ride north to send a letter of gratitude to the Bedouin as well as inform them on a new development.

On behalf of my people, my king, myself, and the empire we thank you for your continued service to the empire and fervent loyalty to it while under its employment. It has come to my attention that your people, the few that have settled in our lands including you, your highness, have settled in these lands and obeyed and followed our laws for over seventy-two months. As such should you or any of your people accept from this moment on your will be welcomed as full, honorary citizens of the Empire of Aymendia and the lands of Moorsia. Should you wish to discuss more into this matter our palace is open in Ruma, and our gates opened to your grace.

There was news spreading throughout the camp. The Moorish diplomat had told something to the Hadiyyah (may the ancestors smile upon her.) She stepped out of her tent and looked over her people. For years they had enjoyed the benefits of this fertile land. The Bedouins made their way across the Italian colonies, protecting the colonists and feeding the herd. Now, after such a long time, the Moorish king had made a decision expected by none. He had decided that all of the Banu Amin would become proper citizens of the kingdom, regardless of their tribal and pagan nature which would, in Arabia, lead the average man to brutality the likes of which these Italians would never wish to see.

Hadiyyah began to think on this. There were definite benefits to this, of course, but she had a few unanswered questions left. Thus, she informed her commanders that she would take leave, and rode to the palace at Ruma to seek what she desired.

Togeria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Togeria » Sat Dec 05, 2015 12:40 am

A Welcomed Visitor

As the queen rode into the city of Ruma some of the populace took a look at her in wonder, many of them only hearing stories of the Benduin Queen. As word spread among the town a detachment of three royal guards went to find her. Upon meeting her they bowed with respect before speaking,"Follow us." One said before they lead her to the Grand Palace. It was stylized to those found in Turkey with obvious Italian influence, red and green being the colors that decorated the palace as the flag of Aymendia flew above it.

As she was led through the palace, it self big enough to confuse anyone not accustomed to it with its passage ways, was lead to the Royal Hall a area were many of all classes rich, moderate, and even a few stragglers were seen communicating and drinking. From here they lead her up the stairs into the Princes Chambers where there he was seen overlooking some documents. Upon seeing her stood up, a serious, but not overbearing look in his eyes.

"Greeting Haddiyah, I am Khalid first son of Aymen and the one who sent you the letter."

DEFCON LEVELS
[1] peace
2 hostilities
3engaged conflicts
4War
Maldaria- Victory
GSW-Victory
I am deeply sorry for the attacks on your nations capital, and pray for those affected by the attacks both in Paris and throughout France. As a fellow Muslim I apologize deeply and in place of those who use our religion to commit such an heinous crime. I pray for France, for Paris, and for all those affected.

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sat Dec 05, 2015 1:29 am

Togeria wrote:
A Welcomed Visitor

As the queen rode into the city of Ruma some of the populace took a look at her in wonder, many of them only hearing stories of the Benduin Queen. As word spread among the town a detachment of three royal guards went to find her. Upon meeting her they bowed with respect before speaking,"Follow us." One said before they lead her to the Grand Palace. It was stylized to those found in Turkey with obvious Italian influence, red and green being the colors that decorated the palace as the flag of Aymendia flew above it.

As she was led through the palace, it self big enough to confuse anyone not accustomed to it with its passage ways, was lead to the Royal Hall a area were many of all classes rich, moderate, and even a few stragglers were seen communicating and drinking. From here they lead her up the stairs into the Princes Chambers where there he was seen overlooking some documents. Upon seeing her stood up, a serious, but not overbearing look in his eyes.

"Greeting Haddiyah, I am Khalid first son of Aymen and the one who sent you the letter."

Hadiyyah gave a general Bedouin-style greeting, with a somewhat friendly, if not likewise formal, "Salaam" his direction accompanied by something similar to a bow. "I would introduce myself if it did not seem you already knew me." she replied, finding a small smirk in herself yet. The queen was not quite sure of her next action. She'd arrived, but now what? She had questions to ask, most certainly, but should she start with them? Would that be rude? Alternatively, did she even want to really ask them? The answer, she decided, was yes to all counts, but she did not speak them, instead finishing her greeting and remaining silent otherwise until spoken to.

The Peoples East Africa
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Peoples East Africa » Sat Dec 05, 2015 4:13 pm

Southern Poland, War Camp
Over the past few years, expansion had been a prized goal of the Holy Empire. To where was the key question. To north lied trade potential but was already occupied by a strong power. To the west, the Germans, which left over the two now decided areas to be conquered. East and south. Lands populated with the Slavic people would be far easier to absorb, and forcing the Polish culture on them would be that much easier. But where this wasn't necessary would be the first target. And that was why Grand Marshal Konstantyn Chrobry sat in a tent going over plans with his men.

''The way I see it, we need a swift victory, so our levies may return home to recover,'' suggested Adalbert. Born and bred in the barracks, he was the most trusted general of Konstantyn.

''A smart suggestion, but perhaps not the wisest,'' responded the Grand Marshal. ''After we finish our deed here, I intend to return to Warsaw, and go eastwards. The best case, we reach as far as Vilnius. Worst case, Warsaw's safety is secured, and glory is brought to the Empire!''

''Ambitious, but is it possible? Remind me of our numbers.''

Konstantyn called forth a man waiting in the shadows of his tent. In his hand lied a scroll with the official number of levies drawn during Konstantyn's march south. A total of 1200 men; 800 infantry, each wielded an iron sword and shield, equipped with thick leather armour for speed. 300 horsemen, all having long spears and being well armoured. Designed to surround and pince the enemy, they were vital to any army. The final 100 were archers, each had a composite bow and enough arrows to down two dozen men. For a small population, not a bad army.

''I see. Infantry can just be swapped as we venture through Poland, and with drawing on the conquered lands resources, I think it's possible. What's our invasion plan?''

Konstantyn was smiling by this point. Both flattery of his plan, and the feeling of an imminent victory would do that. ''Quite simple, the knights shall go ahead at dawn, surveying the land and reporting back. Once we know the enemies location, I'll head forth with the soldiers at my back. I'm not in the mood for a drawn out siege, I indeed to meet them head on and destroy them. Once their army is gone, covering as much land as can be done will be the mission. Shouldn't be hard with no more than 8,000 men throughout.''

''Solid and traditional. When do we set out?''

''Why wait? The sun shall set soon, and by the next set we shall be deep into the heart of the enemy. And soon, great Poland will be one step closer to uniting the Poles of the world, and gaining our rightful glory.''

Warsaw, the Emperor's Quarters
Emperor Kazimierz was sitting in his personal quarters, swiftly writing out a letter to Poland's neighbour, Germany. To the south expansion was underway, but arms alone couldn't bring Poland glory. Diplomacy would decide the fate of the future, and Poland had to act on it now. The alliance with Faransa was developing nicely, or so his advisors insisted. The German nation was far closer to home however, and deserved attention. While their religious differences had kept them away for a long time, a golden opportunity had presented itself. The new Emperor of Germany was a devout Roman Catholic, as opposed to his heathen father. Although his papal support laid elsewhere, nothing could stop Poland from seizing this moment.

To: The German Emperor

Greetings your grace!
I write this letter to you on this fine day to propose an offer of marriage. Our two Empires sit closely to each other, and it's unavoidable for us to make contact, so why shouldn't we ensure this is as peaceful as can be? We are both followers of the true path of Christ, and everyday the followers of Muhammad knock on our doors, burn our farms, kill our people. Together though, we can end the terror they're inflicting upon Europe! My daughter Cecylia is of a marriable age, and you yourself are too. Whether it be to you, or another member of the German Royal Family, I hope we can forge a bond that may never be broken.

Yours faithfully,
Emperor Kazimierz of Poland

That letter was sealed with a wax emblem of Poland, and delivered by horseman to the border, where it would make its way across the forests of Europe to Germany.

Akksum
Minister

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Akksum » Sat Dec 05, 2015 5:07 pm

Berlin, North German Empire

Suum cuique! (To each his own!)

Emperor Lennart Dörflinger Döhl sat in the throne, thinking of ways to improve the empire his father had left him. His father having died around the age of 39, left Lennart the empire which he fought valiantly like his father to protect and expand. Now that is lay in his hands, he wanted ways to increase the standard of living, and populace of his nation other then through war. The fact is the agriculture needed some reforming, as new ways of Irrigation came in from ideas around Asia. He wanted to push the irrigation into action, wanting to see how well it would work seeing the amount of farm land within the nation, and how much the populace could grow just like the Chinese populace that tales have been told to say how massive it was. He drafted up an act to institute this into the farming lands wishing to increase the production of wheat, and many other farming goods made within the North German Empire. He heard the door open as he finished writing the act, looking towards the man who came in. He looked like a polish diplomat, holding a letter coming into the room. He handed over a letter...

To: The German Emperor

Greetings your grace!
I write this letter to you on this fine day to propose an offer of marriage. Our two Empires sit closely to each other, and it's unavoidable for us to make contact, so why shouldn't we ensure this is as peaceful as can be? We are both followers of the true path of Christ, and everyday the followers of Muhammad knock on our doors, burn our farms, kill our people. Together though, we can end the terror they're inflicting upon Europe! My daughter Cecylia is of a marriable age, and you yourself are too. Whether it be to you, or another member of the German Royal Family, I hope we can forge a bond that may never be broken.

Yours faithfully,
Emperor Kazimierz of Poland

To: Emperor Kazimierz the Pious of Poland

Greetings Grand Emperor of the Polish Kingdom,

I, Emperore Lennart Dörflinger Döhl of the North German Empire, hereby ask that my Brother, Prince Urs Kühne Döhl of the North German Empire be bethrothed to one of your daughters. Within two years he will become of age to be wed and this allowing for an alliance between our two kingdoms to exist. He may reside in Warsaw after the marriage is done, acting as a General if you so please. He is a grand strategist such as myself, our father having chosen a good teacher for the two of us. He will be able to help you in your expansion once he is of age to lead said troops, I do wish to hear back from you though. Along with the idea of the Muslims, they are not all as evil as some would believe my father learned this even though his heretical ways led him to such. He learned that the Ukrainistan tribe in Eastern Europe are grand people, in Culture, and acceptance of other religions. As such I propose even before the marriage of my brother and a Princess from your kingdom an alliance be forged in Iron, and Blood. A defensive pact if you must, to protect both the German and Polish people from foreign powers. We can even allow the Bohemians, a close ally to the Germans in on this alliance. We can name said alliance the Central pact, due to our location. May god lead you to victory, and grace Grand Emperor Kazimierz the Pious of Poland.

Munich, Bavaria
General Christopher Gegenbauer
1st Infantry Regiment, 3rd Infantry Regiment, 5th Infantry Regiment, 7th Infantry Regiment, 9th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Calvary Regiment, 1st Archer Regiment (2nd Army of the North German Empire)
Operation Surprise Party

General Christopher Gegenbauer march his units in the ruins of the once major city, but the city still put up some resistance against the force. Though the resistance was squashed with only 10 casualties, and the surrender of the Militia force coming quick due to their unprepardness of said attack. The city was claimed by the North Germans, along with the surrounding area as the entire army merged back within the cities quarters. They set out for the border state, after setting up their own Militia unit within the city to protect it from a rebellion, or a Nomadic tribe...

Dusseldorf, North Rhine-Westphalia
General Siegmund Fleischmann
2nd Infantry Regiment, 4th Infantry Regiment, 6th Infantry Regiment, 8th Infantry Regiment, 10th Infantry Regiment, 1st Calvary Regiment, 2nd Archer Regiment
Operation Blind Paladin

General Siegmund Fleischmann arrived at Dusseldorf, a major center of trade before the walls were prepared for the attack. The forces of the North German empire quickly storming the gates, able to take on the un-prepared Northern Rhinish troops,quickly overwhelming the major city. 50 North German Casualties were the result, but 492 Northern Rhinish troops fell in the combat. This was a decisive victory, as Siegmund raised a North German flag over the city, declaring it part of the Empire. He established a militia force under one of his commanders once he arrived within the city. The 10,000 units merging in the city, setting out towards Cologne, then towards the border of the state to finish the unification campaign....
Beloved quotes:

My flaccid dick is longer than your RP posts,

Togeria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Togeria » Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:45 pm

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
Togeria wrote:
A Welcomed Visitor

Hadiyyah gave a general Bedouin-style greeting, with a somewhat friendly, if not likewise formal, "Salaam" his direction accompanied by something similar to a bow. "I would introduce myself if it did not seem you already knew me." she replied, finding a small smirk in herself yet. The queen was not quite sure of her next action. She'd arrived, but now what? She had questions to ask, most certainly, but should she start with them? Would that be rude? Alternatively, did she even want to really ask them? The answer, she decided, was yes to all counts, but she did not speak them, instead finishing her greeting and remaining silent otherwise until spoken to.

The silence dominated the room for all of ten minutes, in which Khalid studied this woman. She seemed confident in her approach, but this was no less expected of a queen. He studied her appearance, still keeping his stoic expression before speaking,"I apologize, where are my manners? Please have a seat my queen." He said pointing to a chair that was positioned across from his desk. "I assume you are here to discuss the contents of the letter I sent you?" He said before taking his own seat.

DEFCON LEVELS
[1] peace
2 hostilities
3engaged conflicts
4War
Maldaria- Victory
GSW-Victory

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:28 pm

Togeria wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:

The silence dominated the room for all of ten minutes, in which Khalid studied this woman. She seemed confident in her approach, but this was no less expected of a queen. He studied her appearance, still keeping his stoic expression before speaking,"I apologize, where are my manners? Please have a seat my queen." He said pointing to a chair that was positioned across from his desk. "I assume you are here to discuss the contents of the letter I sent you?" He said before taking his own seat.

She did not realize she'd been standing around silently for so long. There was just something enticing, perhaps ensnaring about the man before her. His Berber mannerisms were interesting, for sure, but it was the look he gave her that sent a chilling feeling down her spine. Of course, that might also be the midriff-bearing clothing she had thought suitable to wear to the palace. It was tribal Bedouin clothing for warmer times, and nobody was really going to question it. Even still, there was something in the man's eye that caught her attention. Then, she was invited to sit, and did so. She mustered a response, coming to grips with reality once more: "Of course, Sir."

Narintia
Minister

Founded: Aug 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Narintia » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:52 pm

Prussia-Livonia, 1405

Wilhelm held his forehead, deep in thought. He had done so much for his nation, so much. There needed to be more he could do. The Baltic Coast was not resource rich, what they had was fish and other less important goods. The Prussian navy was doing well, he thought. One good thing, at least.
''Duke Hohenzollen! Duke Hohenzollen!''. A young courier came running into the room. ''Yes, what is it?'' Wilhelm answered. ''Our explorer has came back from his trip around the Baltic Sea! he has found a Island in the middle of the sea, and coastline of a larger, northerly landmass!'' ''Very good. I want to colonize this small island, ask the explorer to take 100 settlers on ships to reach the island.'' Wilhelm got up and went to the balcony of the palace.

''People of Prussia! Lend me your ears. One of our great explorers has discovered a small island in the great northern sea! I will need 100 settlers to leave everything they have in Danzig and head to the new land. Who will go?

The day was over. Wilhelm had got his settlers, they set off for Gotland today, with grain to plant. He wished them the best. Let Prussia ever march forward...
aaaaaaa

weird socialist thing, estonian

Togeria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Togeria » Sat Dec 05, 2015 10:58 pm

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
Togeria wrote:The silence dominated the room for all of ten minutes, in which Khalid studied this woman. She seemed confident in her approach, but this was no less expected of a queen. He studied her appearance, still keeping his stoic expression before speaking,"I apologize, where are my manners? Please have a seat my queen." He said pointing to a chair that was positioned across from his desk. "I assume you are here to discuss the contents of the letter I sent you?" He said before taking his own seat.

She did not realize she'd been standing around silently for so long. There was just something enticing, perhaps ensnaring about the man before her. His Berber mannerisms were interesting, for sure, but it was the look he gave her that sent a chilling feeling down her spine. Of course, that might also be the midriff-bearing clothing she had thought suitable to wear to the palace. It was tribal Bedouin clothing for warmer times, and nobody was really going to question it. Even still, there was something in the man's eye that caught her attention. Then, she was invited to sit, and did so. She mustered a response, coming to grips with reality once more: "Of course, Sir."

"As said in the letter you and your people are welcomed here to be full members of the state. I must thank you deeply for your continued protection of our state and our colonies, it is an honor rarely seen in these times and we are glad to welcome the Bedouin as friends and family of the Aymendians and Moors." He said to ease the silence,"Some of our northern residents have taken quite fondness to your people, some of our generals even copying your people's tactics for their cavalry." He said in hopes of complementing her and her people's skill.

DEFCON LEVELS
[1] peace
2 hostilities
3engaged conflicts
4War
Maldaria- Victory
GSW-Victory

Akksum
Minister

Founded: Oct 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Akksum » Sat Dec 05, 2015 11:36 pm

Berlin, North German Empire

Suum cuique! (To each his own!)

Emperor Lennart Dörflinger Döhl sat in his fathers once map room looking across the map of what was known of Europe. He knew how rapid his father grew the empire, and the relations he kept with the papacy. Betraying them for his own Heretical faith to enforce his own rule upon the people, to become more accepting of foreigners. His father now deceased was unable to stop Lennart from doing what he pleased, which he wanted to send a letter to the papacy to ask for them to increase religious school funding within the Country of North Germany to increase the education of the citizens. With this he would have to pay the papacy annually, but he was willing to make such a sacrifice.

Dear: Pope Innocent VII of the Papal State
From: Emperor Lennart Dörflinger Döhl of the North German Empire
Topic: Religious School Funding

Hello, Pope Innocent VII, I, Emperor Lennart Dörflinger Döhl of the North German Empire hereby ask you to increase the spending of your papacy on religious school funding within my state. I am willing to pay for such, as long as the education goes to helping the people become more literate to help increase the life style within the North German State. I also wish to invite you to Berlin, to come see how the city is being reformed back from the Heretical religion of my Father. I wish to hear back from you, Pope Innocent VII.

Augsburg, Bavaria
General Christopher Gegenbauer
1st Infantry Regiment, 3rd Infantry Regiment, 5th Infantry Regiment, 7th Infantry Regiment, 9th Infantry Regiment, 2nd Calvary Regiment, 1st Archer Regiment (2nd Army of the North German Empire)
Operation Surprise Party

General Christopher Gegenbauer arrived in the city before reaching the border between Bavaria and Baden-Wurrtemburg. He set up camp within the once major city in the Southern Province of the North German Empire. He set up what he usually did within the cities, getting rather tired of the same thing every time he captures one city. He looked around the city, for things to do in the spare time. He was rather bored, so he watched men sword fight, but stop with mercy before they killed the opponent a smile on his face at the entertainment. . .

Cologne, North Rhine-Westphalia
General Siegmund Fleischmann
2nd Infantry Regiment, 4th Infantry Regiment, 6th Infantry Regiment, 8th Infantry Regiment, 10th Infantry Regiment, 1st Calvary Regiment, 2nd Archer Regiment
Operation Blind Paladin

General Siegmund Fleischmann arrived in Cologne with his major army, looking about within the city that had been tales of a great defense set up within the city. It seemed the defenders had deserted the city before the army approached, most likely to protect the city to the north, but he marched his army into the city. He smiled to notice how Cologne was still a major hub of trade even after the major disaster that occurred within Europe. He watched himself get "drifted" away from the wonders of what was flowing through the city, before packing up things he bought for the final 2 province campaign through Germany. It was almost over, before he could return north. . . .
Beloved quotes:

My flaccid dick is longer than your RP posts,

Narintia
Minister

Founded: Aug 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Narintia » Sun Dec 06, 2015 12:05 am

Prussia-Livonia,theIsle of Gotland

''Thats land!'' one of the settlers shouted. ''Was that the island he was talking about?'' shouted an other settler ''In gods word, look at the island! It's perfect. I think I can, yes it's perfectly fertile land!''
The settlers landed and quickly started planting seeds for plants. They attacked livestock that was frolicking on the Island and started fishing. A settler ran off and came back 20 minutes later. ''I have found a city. It is completely abandoned. I want to explore it. Who's coming with me?'' A few men ran off with him and came back a hour later. ''I have found some weaponry, good swords and bow and arrows. But, the city is completely dead. '' '' We should rebuild it. It is a fresh restarting point, and it would cost less to rebuild it then to make it from scratch.'' ''Lets do it then.'' A few men decided to head back to Danzig to inform the Duke of the lands.
The reconstruction of Visby has begun.
aaaaaaa

weird socialist thing, estonian

The Ik Ka Ek Akai
Postmaster-General

Postby The Ik Ka Ek Akai » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:07 am

Togeria wrote:
The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:

"As said in the letter you and your people are welcomed here to be full members of the state. I must thank you deeply for your continued protection of our state and our colonies, it is an honor rarely seen in these times and we are glad to welcome the Bedouin as friends and family of the Aymendians and Moors." He said to ease the silence,"Some of our northern residents have taken quite fondness to your people, some of our generals even copying your people's tactics for their cavalry." He said in hopes of complementing her and her people's skill.

She decided, evidently, to return the compliment, "But certainly the Moorish cavalry has its advantages, no?" she asked, "in Arabia, they tell stories of the famous Afriqiyyun lancers." she said with a smile. While she did have to recognize the blatant efficiency of the Bedouin raiding tactics in rapid destruction of a foe, she felt almost obliged to say something nice back. It was only polite, after all. She felt a strange feeling inside, though, like she shouldn't be polite. That this whole situation was wrong. The man before her was a Muslim, and she'd grown up all her life with the elders telling her only bad things about Muslims. She'd been told they despised all women, that they would never respect her. They were prudish and snobby. A Muslim killed her father in cold blood, and yet here she was, conversing with one. She wore no veil, she covered herself rather poorly, but here this man showed her respect and compliments.

Togeria
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Togeria » Sun Dec 06, 2015 1:15 am

The Ik Ka Ek Akai wrote:
Togeria wrote:"As said in the letter you and your people are welcomed here to be full members of the state. I must thank you deeply for your continued protection of our state and our colonies, it is an honor rarely seen in these times and we are glad to welcome the Bedouin as friends and family of the Aymendians and Moors." He said to ease the silence,"Some of our northern residents have taken quite fondness to your people, some of our generals even copying your people's tactics for their cavalry." He said in hopes of complementing her and her people's skill.

She decided, evidently, to return the compliment, "But certainly the Moorish cavalry has its advantages, no?" she asked, "in Arabia, they tell stories of the famous Afriqiyyun lancers." she said with a smile. While she did have to recognize the blatant efficiency of the Bedouin raiding tactics in rapid destruction of a foe, she felt almost obliged to say something nice back. It was only polite, after all. She felt a strange feeling inside, though, like she shouldn't be polite. That this whole situation was wrong. The man before her was a Muslim, and she'd grown up all her life with the elders telling her only bad things about Muslims. She'd been told they despised all women, that they would never respect her. They were prudish and snobby. A Muslim killed her father in cold blood, and yet here she was, conversing with one. She wore no veil, she covered herself rather poorly, but here this man showed her respect and compliments.

"I thank you, but I can affirm it was only an afterthought. Our focus in Aymendia has always been to hit the further as they say,'Hit your opponent before they can hit you'. We've always favored archery and our cavalry here, and with the addition of your people it seems we may have the most cultured and trained bunch of cavalry in all of Europe. I must say when you first arrived I was surprised, I didn't know the queen of the Benduin had taken interest to our little land much less stay, but I must say I'm glad you made your decision to stay the culture and traditions of your people have indeed in many ways helped our growth. I guess in ways our people have learned as much from yours as yours have us."

DEFCON LEVELS
[1] peace
2 hostilities
3engaged conflicts
4War
Maldaria- Victory
GSW-Victory

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse