NATION

PASSWORD

Lords of the Seven Kingdoms (Game of Thrones P2TM RP Group)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Fri Nov 13, 2015 4:58 pm

Nasaira wrote:
Austria and Bavaria wrote:It is not open yet, Nuxipal and I are currently planning it. Members of the group can reserve factions. It will take place at the beginning of The Winds of Winter.

For the faction RP can we start our own story? Instead of picking a starting point from the books. Something like maybe 50 years after the red wedding or something? Just a thought

You mean like all the other ones we did before?
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

Nasaira
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Nasaira » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:02 pm

Nuxipal wrote:
Nasaira wrote:
For the faction RP can we start our own story? Instead of picking a starting point from the books. Something like maybe 50 years after the red wedding or something? Just a thought

Yea, it's unfortunate that the others died out but hopefully with dedicated players we can keep this one going. At least I hope we can keep this going

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:15 pm

Nasaira wrote:
Nuxipal wrote:

Yea, it's unfortunate that the others died out but hopefully with dedicated players we can keep this one going. At least I hope we can keep this going

Yeah.. I do miss being House Blackfyre of Oldtown... I still have that backstory too

Nasaira
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nasaira » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:24 pm

Nuxipal wrote:
Nasaira wrote:

Yeah.. I do miss being House Blackfyre of Oldtown... I still have that backstory too

That was a very good story and one I enjoyed!!! Maybe something like that can be done again?

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:33 pm

Nasaira wrote:
Nuxipal wrote:

That was a very good story and one I enjoyed!!! Maybe something like that can be done again?

I have been looking to edit it.. to reduce length... though every edit I've done seems to just add length...

Nasaira
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nasaira » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:52 pm

Nuxipal wrote:
Nasaira wrote:

I have been looking to edit it.. to reduce length... though every edit I've done seems to just add length...

If we did do that I'll still would love to be the Lannisters, if you would like help I might be able to give some suggestions

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:54 pm

Nasaira wrote:
Nuxipal wrote:

If we did do that I'll still would love to be the Lannisters, if you would like help I might be able to give some suggestions

I'm going through it again. At the Battle of Oldstones between North/Stannis and Royal Army.

Nasaira
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nasaira » Fri Nov 13, 2015 5:56 pm

Nuxipal wrote:
Nasaira wrote:

I'm going through it again. At the Battle of Oldstones between North/Stannis and Royal Army.

I'm looking forward to it!!!

Austria and Bavaria
Minister

Founded: Jul 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Austria and Bavaria » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:34 pm

Could you guys explain what you are talking about?
Political: Monarchist, Integralist, National Syndicalist/Third Position, Christian Humanist.
Hobbies: Apprentice Blacksmith, Amateur Poet, and Board Gaming Fanatic.
Personal: Roman Catholic, Scots-German Southerner, North Carolinian. Deo Vindice.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Fri Nov 13, 2015 8:39 pm

Austria and Bavaria wrote:Could you guys explain what you are talking about?

The old Faction RPs we did. Usually the OP would create an enormous backstory that detailed the rest of the War of Five (or more) Kings as well as the events of the Second Long Night to set the stage for the players to choose factions both Canon and non-Canon. We had a few successful threads, but more often than not a few players would go missing and then a few more.. then next thing you know, the guy you are waiting for goes missing. Makes it hard to RP when people vanish over time. I was OP for two of those RPs and pretty much am constantly editing the last one I had made.

Nasaira
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nasaira » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:18 pm

Nuxipal wrote:
Austria and Bavaria wrote:Could you guys explain what you are talking about?

The old Faction RPs we did. Usually the OP would create an enormous backstory that detailed the rest of the War of Five (or more) Kings as well as the events of the Second Long Night to set the stage for the players to choose factions both Canon and non-Canon. We had a few successful threads, but more often than not a few players would go missing and then a few more.. then next thing you know, the guy you are waiting for goes missing. Makes it hard to RP when people vanish over time. I was OP for two of those RPs and pretty much am constantly editing the last one I had made.

Those were some pretty amazing RP's and I do miss them. There was a backstory but it didn't constrict you. You had the creative ability to create your characters and RP the way you wanted.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Fri Nov 13, 2015 9:28 pm

Nasaira wrote:
Nuxipal wrote:

Those were some pretty amazing RP's and I do miss them. There was a backstory but it didn't constrict you. You had the creative ability to create your characters and RP the way you wanted.

Yeah.. working on it again and somewhere I took a left turn... if I finish tonight i'll post the backstory here for peer review.

New Ferris
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Ferris » Fri Nov 13, 2015 11:48 pm

Austria and Bavaria wrote:It is not open yet, Nuxipal and I are currently planning it. Members of the group can reserve factions. It will take place at the beginning of The Winds of Winter.

So is House Stark available? I'd like to reserce it and would it fall under the ladyship/lordship of Sansa Satrk/Bolton or Rickon Stark or even possibly Jon Stark? (If this theory is choosen that is)

Austria and Bavaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Austria and Bavaria » Sat Nov 14, 2015 8:03 am

New Ferris wrote:

So is House Stark available? I'd like to reserce it and would it fall under the ladyship/lordship of Sansa Satrk/Bolton or Rickon Stark or even possibly Jon Stark? (If this theory is choosen that is)

It's available. But Sansa Stark is not wed to Ramsay Bolton, Jeyne Poole/Fake Arya is. This RP is going off the books, not the shows. House Stark is currently represented by the Loyalist Houses of the North (House Manderly, House Umber, House Cerwyn, House Mormont, House Tallhart, House Flint of Widow's Watch, House Locke, House Hornwood, The Mountain Clansmen and the Crannogmen.)
Political: Monarchist, Integralist, National Syndicalist/Third Position, Christian Humanist.
Personal: Roman Catholic, Scots-German Southerner, North Carolinian. Deo Vindice.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:37 am

After far too long.. I was able to reduce the size of the last story. However, in the process I may have changed the order of Kings. Oops.

Here is the draft I have currently any provisions that we want to put in? Much of the Epilogue can be easily changed without much pain on my part.

A Chronicle of the Second Long Night
Recorded here by Maester Samwell Tarly
1.9.360 AC

The Second Long Night, it was frightful. I was just a steward of the Night's Watch when it began. I myself killed the first of the Others beyond the wall, but killing one does nothing to slow the Others. I have taken the time to gather all materials, stories, and notes regarding the events of the Second Long Night and the ending to the War of the Five Kings (though it was much more than just five kings).
At the start of it all, there was a few men of honor doing their duties to their particular lords. At the wall, a new batch of men were sworn in. Across the Narrow Sea a Dragon Queen was risen from the ashes of her husband and his muderer. And to the south, a great war waged between the Kingdom of the North and those loyal to the Iron Throne. Battles were won and lost and lands burned and pillaged. It was a tiresome mess when the Red Wedding ended the largest threat to the armies of the Iron Throne. Next came the attack from Stannis on Kings Landing. Stannis had a large army, but was repulsed by the combined might of the Lannisters and the Tyrells. A day later and they would have found the Burning Heart of R'hillor over the Red Keep for sure. Instead, Stannis turned North intent on resucing the north from the Wildlings and restoring some kind of Stark lord to the position of Lord Paramount. He aided us, and promptly tried to convince Jon to come south with him.
Here is where I left Castle Black following the orders of our newly elected Lord Commander. However, his tenure was cut short by a trecherous band of murderers. No sooner had the Night's Watch re-opened a pair of old castles was he murdered. I wouldn't hear of it for some time, but at the Wall chaos ensued. The Wildlings fled south away from the now bickering Night's Watchmen. With them, a living Jon Snow who it seemed had been revived by some vile magic of the Red Woman. However, she gave her life in the process and it was then that Jon felt his obligation to the Night's Watch ended. He died and was released from his oath. Now he went south, leading the wildlings to aid Stannis, who was in dire need.
While the events at Castle Black were unfolding, Stannis was marching south after capturing Deepwood Motte and gaining several key allies in the fight against the Boltons. With treachery coming at him from some of his new found allies, Stannis was soon forced to retreat from Winterfell only to find Jon's forces coming south to meet him. The battle that ensued the following day is well known and is now famous for the events that took place therein.

The Battle of Ironwood
In the Ironwood Forest of House Forester, the first and most decisive major battle in the War for the North took place. The wooded land forced the Frey Knights and Bolton Riders to dismount or fight in small units. Unable to bring their great power to bear on the wildlings. It was well known by all Northern boys that no wildling army, no matter its size or leadership, had ever defeated an army of Northmen. It is certain that this was instilled in the soldiers by Ramsay Bolton, the feared Bastard of the Dreadfort. Ten Thousand men under the banner of House Bolton with an additional Two Thousand men under the banner of House Frey faced off against Jon Snow and his army of Seventy-Five thousand Wildings. The few thousand troops that Stannis had left were kept in Reserve as they were in no condition to fight.
The opening hour of the battle was intense. The Bolton force smashed into the disorganized Wilding army. Wargs controlling their beasts fought with the spear wielding warriors of their clan in a desperate defense. By mid day however, the battle was turning. The Frey forces were starting to break away and withdraw leaving a gap in the Bolton line. Seeing this opening, Stannis led his remaining cavalry through that gap to hit the main Bolton force in the Rear. The battle began to unravel for the Bolton forces. Some fled others surrendered. Most fought to the death. In this final bloodbath, The duel that became known as the Battle of the Snows took place.
Jon and Ramsay, both bastards of Great Northern Houses fought one another. Much can be said for Ramsay's skill with a blade as he held Jon back for nearly twenty minutes despite Jon's Valyrian steel sword. The battle ended as Jon took the head of Ramsay, much to the delight of his Wildling warriors. They moved south now towards Winterfell chasing after the Frey soldiers.

Winterfell
As they approached the Castle they already saw Bolton Riders heading back towards the Dreadfort. Jon and Stannis separated temporarily so that the Cavalry of the Stormlands could chase the fleeding Boltons while Jon secured Winterfell and continued the persuit of the Freys. Stannis and his men were successful in capturing Roose Bolton who was brought before Jon who sentenced him to the Wall. Roose would be the first of many men sent to the wall in the coming months.
Continuing the chase of the Frey men, Jon and Stannis were joined by House Manderly forces, but were also being shadowed by forces of House Dustin and House Ryswell. These positions remained as the armies moved south. Closer and closer to the neck they came. It seemed as if the Freys would reach the causeway safely. However, with the Neck only two days south, they Freys inexplicably turned back north. A fierce battle took place as Ryswell and Dustin riders also attacked. The Knights of House Manderly successfully countered the Ryswell advance while the Freys were quickly dealt with or captured as it became apparent they were infact fleeing from another foe.
Howland Reed and the Crannogmen had come north to swear their allegiance to a new Stark. Seeing this, Stannis legitimized Jon as Jon Stark, Lord Paramount of the North and Warden of the North. Howland is sent to negotiate with the Ryswell and Dustin hosts. It took a fortnight, but soon letters of allegiance were flying in from the Rills and surprisingly Barrowton. The remaining Ryswell and Dustin soldiers joined the now impressive host of Twenty Thousand men. They would start down the causeway towards the Twins after Jon executed every Frey who would not take the Black.

The Riverlands
The Events at the Twins is full of speculation as to what truly occured. The surviving Freys who were sent to the wall claim Jon turned into an enormous Dire Wolf and broke down the gates. The official record says that the gates were left open and wailing was heard within. Regardless of what actually happened, the Combined Stark and Baratheon host fell on the Twins with a bloody Vengeance. Several Freys were spared however. The Twins were awarded to Perwyn Frey for his loyalty to Robb until the end. His younger brother Olyvar was freed, having been found in the dungeon for his loyalty to Robb and demanding that Lord Walder stepdown as the Lord of the Crossing.
The Next, and largest obstacle, was coming north. twenty thousand men of House Tyrell, ten thousand men from Lannister, and ten thousand from the Southern Riverlands. This combined Royal Army was gathered to put an end to Stannis and his campaign for the Iron Throne.Outnumbered and in a bad position near Oldstones, the armies clashed. If not for the wildlings and their wargs the battle would have been lost immediately, but when a pack of wolves came bursting through the folliage on the flanks of the Reachmen the battle ended inconclusively with the reach army withdrawing, the Lannister army turning back to the westerlands, and the Southern Riverlords surrendering their swords to Jon Stark.
However, grave news soon fell upon the ears of Stannis. News that his seat of Storms End had not only been captured, but its captor claimed to be Aegon Targaryen, Sixth of His Name and the Rightful King of Westeros. Stannis was an honorable man, however, this Targaryen could not have been true. He had seen the dead babe himself and was certain of his death. Stannis named him a pretender and continued his war. However, before he ever passed Harrenhal, word came that Aegon had taken the Red Keep with the help of Varys and that Cersei Lannister had taken Tommen west with her. Attmepting to capture them to force the Westerlands to submit to aid him, Stannis hurried south to the Gold Road, only to encounter the Dragon's Army.
This event became more complicated as the armies of Dorne arrived from the south in support of Aegon and word that Dragonstone had been taken by forces flying the Targaryen Banner as well. Stannis had now lost both of his castles in the south and his primary adversery was inside of Kings Landing. Trying to decide between facing down the armies before him or chasing the Lannisters Stannis and Jon were caught by surprise when a messenger from Aegon arrived at their camp outside of Hayford.

The Battle of Stokeworth
Stokeworth is an unassuming castle just north of Kings Landing. Perhaps a day away if you casually walk there. It was here that it came to light that there were in fact two Targaryen claimants not just the one. A three way battle between The Golden Company, The North, and The Dothraki. The battle ended inconclusively as both Jon and Aegon's forces broke off the battle when a Black Dragon appeared overhead. Unable to contend with a Dragon, Aegon's army abandoned Kings Landing allowing the Dothraki and the rest of the armies of Daenerys entered the city.

Northern Reach
Learning of the Ironborn invasion, Stannis decides to get his army away from the Dragons which are landing near Kings Landing. Instead, he goes south to end the Ironborn invasion. He gains support of several lords in the Northern Reach, however, a Lannister-Tyrell host arrives to stop him at Bitterbridge. The Battle kicks off with the army of Stannis facing a larger force of Reachmen and Westermen. During the fighting a few key figures meet on the battlefield. FIrst off, Stannis crosses blades with Mace Tyrell and easily slew the man in personal combat. Second, Jon Stark faced Robert Strong, who had successfully defeated the Faith's champions to defend Cersei's "Innocence" which was what permitted her timly escape from Kings Landing with the Lannister-Tyrell loyalists. This battle took significantly more time. In the end, Jon Stark was able to kill the giant of a man after breaking his sword with Longclaw. A third battle of note was the battle between Philip Foote, named Lord of Nightsong, and Rolland Storm, the Bastard of Nightsong. The fight ended when Rolland cut off the sword hand of Philip and promptly impaled him with his sword.
The battle ended with the Reachmen and Westerman armies retreating, in opposite directions. With Mace Tyrell dead, Willas Tyrell became Lord of the Reach, he promptly bent the knee to Stannis as King. It was here that Aegon's forces caught up with Stannis. Instead of fighting they camped within a mile of each other and began negotiations at Ashford. Howland Reed and Varys begin revealing the game they had been playing against one another since the Rebellion. Varys had long since been working to restore House Blackfyre, whom he claims Aegon is the grandson of a secret son of Daemon Blackfyre, whom was himself slain by Maelys the Monstrous.
After this, Howland Reed revealed the lineage of Jon Stark. He said that Jon's father was not Eddard, but was his elder brother Brandon and the woman he married in secret, Ashara Dayne. With this Stannis pressed to have Aegon's claim to his throne removed. It took days of negotiation, but eventually Aegon told Varys he would do it.He swore his armies to Stannis and forsake his family's claim to the Iron Throne. With this they continued south learning of the coming attack on Oldtown and the capture of the Shield Islands.

Southern Reach
Continuing to head south to reclaim Oldtown and the Shields from the Ironborn, Stannis sends Jon and Aegon to Oldtown while he and Garlan Tyrell, the brother of Willas, go west to the Shield Islands. The Shield Islands are still host to Euron, who is preparing a full invasion of the Mander when the Red Heart of R'hllor appears on the shores. Euron's army assaults Stannis and his men only to find that they are being beaten back. Mander Lords send their ships down river and manage to bottle half of hte longships in the lower part of the river. The following island hopping campaign removes the Ironborn from the Shield Islands and Isolates the Ironborn on the Arbor and at Oldtown.
Oldtown is a different story, while the Ironborn rule the city, they haven't been able to control all of it. The City guard managed to keep most of the city clear of them and fortunately for myself, the Citadel was free of Ironborn raiders. This is when we heard that the Wolf of Stark and a Black Dragon banner was approaching. Messengers from them claimed they were there to expunge the Ironborn and force them out of Oldtown and reclaim the Arbor and that the Reach had bent the knee to King Stannis. The battle was fierce and only increased in ferocity when an angry Victarion Greyjoy arrived after failing in his attmept to claim Daenerys for himself.
The Hightower was still being assaulted and according to the guards of the Citadel, the Ironborn had been sending men into the tower for almost a month. However, as the Black Dragon and Direwolf flags entered the city a bright flame seemed to engulf the entirety of the Hightower. The fire burned through the halls of the Hightower and slew the male line of House Hightower. We know that after this, the Ironborn attacks on Oldtown nearly ceased with only a few thousand remaining to fight.
During the flight of the Ironborn, Victarion Greyjoy singled out Jon Stark and attempted to turn the tides by killing him. This ended poorly for him as Jon was too quick for him and thrust Longclaw into his gut. This caused the glamor over him to fade revealing a man whose skin was black as ash. He clutched the dragonhorn and handed it out to Jon saying, "Do not use it. It consumes flesh and gives nothing but burning death." Aegon and Jon would start back north to rejoin the army of Stannis, lacking ships to sail to the Arbor. Upon reuniting with Stannis, they learned of a new entry into their war. Edric Storm had somehow conquered Pentos for the Tattered Prince with help from Braavos and the Andal Lords of Andalos.

Pentos/Free Cities
The war took a turn for the worst for Stannis as now the Iron Bank turned on him. Callin in all debts in Westeros unless that house bent the knee to Edric, the Iron Bank immediately caused a panic across Westeros. Simultaneously it launched a portion of its fleet in support of Edric whom was sailing with his mercenaries from Pentos bound for the Stormlands.

The Westerlands
News that Daenerys and her army had skipped over Kings Landing in favor of chasing down the Lannisters gave some hope to the armies of Stannis. If the Dragon Queen weakened herself enough in the West then they could defeat her in the Reach or Crownlands. However, Willas Tyrell demanded they go to Lannisport for his sister, Margaery Tyrell was still married to Tommen, who proclaimed to be King.
Stannis pushed into the westerlands and was met by an army at Crakehall. At Crakehall, the armies of Stannis and Tommen clash. Tommen, however, is not present. His armies are commanded by Ser Jamie of the Kingsguard. With the Kingsguard now cut down thanks to several other battles Jamie Lannister, Meryn Trant, and Osmund Kettleblack are the last remaining Kingsguard. In the coming battle, Aegon's forces led the right flank where Osney Kettleblack was in command. Here the Whitecloak met a man who until recently claimed the same status. Ser Rolly Duckfield fought Osmund Kettleblack in what was described as the most poetic battle of the entire war. Two men, fighting not for themselves, but for those they swore loyalty to. The battle ended with the two men both injured and unable to continue the fight as Aegon was able to command his troops to victory while Osmund was too busy. Osmund was eventually captured during the aftermath of the battle where he and Rolly shared a tent as they were tended to for their wounds. On the left flank, Jon Stark and his wildling force pushed forward. Tormund was found to be particularly ferocious in this part of the war. His son Toregg had also shown to be a great fighter here.
Meryn Trant commanded this part of the Westerlands army and came to blows with Tormund. Thanks to his relative youth and armor, Meryn bested Tormund, but Toregg took up his father's position as the leader of the Free Folk armies and fought with Meryn immediately afterwards. Toregg was a foot taller than his already large father. He was a frightening sight to the Westermen as he seemed to be as large as Gregor Clegane. He broke Meryn's shield with the first swing of his huge axe. The second swing disarmed the Kingsguard. Then a thrust with the top of the axe impaled Meryn who was tossed aside like a ragdoll following his death. Toregg is called "The Mountain of the North" after the battle. At the center, Stannis and Garlan Tyrell push against Jamie Lannister's armies. Boros Blount crosses blades with Stannis for a short time before he is dispatched by Stannis. As the fighting continues Garlan Tyrell faces down Jamie Lannister in a battle which, in another time would have been interesting, however with the loss of his sword hand Jamie is easily defeated by a man that has prepared his whole life for war.
Jamie is captured by Garlan and Stannis again wins the decisive victory he needed over the Lannisters. However, before he reaches Lannisport reports that a second Dragon was seen flying with the first. The army of Daenerys breaks through the gates of Lannisport and captures the city in less than a day after the dragons were used to destroy the gates entirely. While her army is working its way up to Casterly Rock the armies of Stannis are approaching and now outnumber her own army. She commands them to abandon the siege and withdraw as she recieves a raven in her camp that night.
The next day the army of Daenerys leaves Lannisport and the army of Stannis moves in. They find Casterly Rock nearly abandoned with only three people inside. Cersei, with a deep wound in her neck, Margeary with multiple crossbow bolts in her stomach, and Martyn Lannister tied up, beaten, and on the brink of starvation. Each had a note on them. Cersei's note said, "The North Remembers" and upon moving her body Robb Stark's crown was found imbeded in her back. On Margaery, "The North Remembers" and her body seemed to have been mutilated with a knife to be sure she did not have a child within her. The Last note said simply, "Beyond the Western Sea, we all Remember."
This shook the faith of all those who saw it. For a week Martyn was nursed back to health to explain what had happened. I only know a very little of what was said, but he said that Catelyn Tully had come into the castle through the drainage system with a band of thieves killing, raping and abducting all they could. Then when they were done they rounded up survivors and left, taking the ships in the harbor west into the sunset sea.
The strange tidings from the Rock were doubled by the Strange tidings at the wall. An army of Wights led by Thousands of Others were approaching the wall and the new Lord Commander, Bowen Marsh was calling on all Lords to defend the realms of men.

The Wall
The Battle of the Wall was a series of failures by the Night's Watch and one heroic effort by Daenerys. Daenerys, before her invasion of the Westerlands held an open challenge to all. Whomever could tame one of her dragons would become her Husband so long as the children were named Targaryen. Many tried, all but one failed. Gerold "Darkstar" Dayne had successfully mounted Rhaegal. He wed Daenerys and before their flight north, she was with child.
When Gerold and Daenerys arrive at the wall their fires engulf portions of the Others and leave them broken, however the fight is beyond them as the wall is overrun by Wights and Daenerys orders a retreat. Abandoning the wall and much of the north they head south only stopping near the fingers to signal their fleet to land and not go further north.

The Vale
Aside from the invasion of the others there was still a war to be won in the south. The Wights may pass over the wall, but the others could not cross it still. In the Vale, Daenerys finds Petyr Baelish trying to establish control over the Lords Declarant at the base of the Eyrie. As her dragon circles the encampments a panic breaks out and before long, Petyr is captured by Royce men. As Daenerys and Gerold land he is presented as a traitor of the realm trying to turn the Vale over to Edric. It is soon discovered that Sweet Robin had infact died days earlier and Petyr was trying to usurp the power of the Vale for himself using the Iron Bank and the invasion of Edric. Daenerys declared he was a traitor and Gerold executed him.
The discovery of Sansa Stark doubled the prize for Daenerys as she came up with a plan for peace with the North. She sent a Raven for Jon Stark claiming that she had his Half-Sister Sansa in the Vale and would accept his surrender or she would be executed for her family's hand in overthrowing the Targaryen Dynasty. While this occurs, she awards the Vale to Harry the Heir who takes on the Arryn name and accepts oaths of Fealty from the Lords Declarant and the Brotherhood of the Winged Knights. He declares for Daenerys Targaryen and rallies the armies of the Vale in preparation for war against Stannis, Edric, and the Others.

The Crownlands
Edric finally arrived landing first on Tarth and recieving oaths of Fealty from the lords there and then at the Parchments. He moved against Stannis/Aegon Loyalists at Wendwater Bridge quickly defeating them there and moving on to Kings Landing. His mercenary army leaving a path of destruction across the Kingswood that woud become known as "The Gash". A castle would be raised in the Gash sometime after the war concluded by a group of Sellswords whom took their payment of land and settled in before the dust settled and the wars concluded.
Edric went on to capture Kings Landing and the Red Keep. He followed this by taking Rosby and Duskendale before marching on Harrenhal only to find it completely abandoned. He returned to Kings Landing to plan his next moves as he learned of the Others in the North.

Winterfell 2
It took time, but eventually Jon Stark had made his way with the wildlings, Aegon's forces, and some of the Stormlords who found the refusal of Stannis to fight the Others impossible to comprehend. They numbered 35,000 now and the army of Wights was bearing down on them. Unable to stop the oncoming horde the combined forces were only saved by the timely arrival of Daenerys and Gerold whose armies had landed in White Harbor taking it without a fight. She demanded that Aegon and Jon proclaim her Queen of Westeros. Both of them discussed it and told that they would bend the knee only after the War for the Dawn was won. With this they began fighting the wights, however the combined armies were being pushed south and soon they were in full retreat across the neck.

The Battle of the Neck and Twins
This was the only real name that I could apply to this battle. Others call it the Battle of the Marshes, but that excludes the Twins. Some call it the Battle of the Twins, but that excludes the heroism shown by the Crannogmen. This Battle concluded the War of Nine Kings, but was only the turning point of the War for the Dawn.
It was during the retreat that Daenerys gave birth to twins. A boy whom she named Rhaegar and a girl whom Gerold named Ashara. They were clearly Valryian in appearance and were named as Targaryens per the arrangement between Daenerys and Gerold. The armies camped at Moat Cailin and awaited the assault that was to come. For two months they held out here. It was during this time that Aegon had met Sansa in the camps and the two were soon wed by Howland Reed. It was also during this time that Harry Strickland, Commander of the Golden Company was mortally wounded and took council with Varys and Aegon. During this council Harry gave command of the Golden Company to Aegon and passed him the sword of his ancestor. He emerged from the tent with Blackfyre and command over the few thousand survivors of the Golden Company.
For a time, it was believed that this location would hold out long enough for them to start moving back north. Then news arrived in the strangest of ways. A boat floated up the marshes from the deep Crannogs carrying Meera Reed with a message from beyond the wall. She tells the leaders of the armies that Brandon Stark was north of the wall and was waging a war with the Others on behalf of the remaining Children of the Forest.
She also claims that the Three-Eyed Raven had given her a sword for the Dragon Queen. She unveils the Valyrian sword Dark Sister. However, five days after this event a larger army arrived and began pushing the combined armies south. They began crossing the causeway where the Crannogmen aided them as they could. The wights found the Neck difficult to cross. Crannogmen ambushes, wildlife attacks, and simply sinking into the muck.
But eventually, the Neck ends and the Trident begins. As the armies approached the Twins, they were confronted by the armies of Edric "Storm" Baratheon. Who had been crowned King by the High Septon in Kings Landing before he set off to quell the Dragons. The Faith had declared that the Dragons were unholy beasts that were here to destroy the world. However, when faced with the army of wights following the army he sends messages to his opponents who had sheltered behind the defenses of the Twins. With only hours remaining before the Wights arrive the parties come to an accord. Daenerys will ascend the throne, not Edric.
With this the battle resumed as the Wights pushed back the defenders all the way to the Twins. The Battle grew in ferocity and within days the northern castle fell. The battle on the bridge was fierce, but according to Daenerys and Gerold, who were fighting from the sky, the end of the horde was in sight. With renewed morale the armies of Men fought against the Wights with greater ferocity than previously imagined. The reclaiming of the Northern Keep was a turning point in the War for the Dawn and another week later the armies were marching towards the Neck to turn back the tide of wights and reclaim the wall. In tow, they had several thousand men whom were ready to volunteer to join a renewed Night's Watch.

The Wall
The Wights were hunted down wherever they could be found, but for the Long Night to end the Night's King and his Others had to be defeated or driven back into the Lands of Always Winter. They were able to reclaim all the Northern Keeps which fell to the Wights. Only three remained empty of Wights. Barrowton, where Barbary Dustin still stood watch over her town and its people, now grown to a considerable size; Winterfell, which was completely deserted after its fall to Jon's army previously; and Last Hearth, which by a strange occasion claims to have never even seen a Wight pass by.
Castle Black was reclaimed and the armies of man flowed through to face the Others in battle after being rearmed with Dragonglass spears. The fighting was brutal and many lost their lives here. However, the armies of man pushed the Others back and soon the final battle would take place.
Fist of the First Men
The final battle took place where the first one began. Beneath the First Man Fortress, the Armies of the Others and the Armies of Men faced off. Led by the legendary Night's King himself. However, as in ancient stories, the Others were mounted as was their King. Giant Ice Spiders for cavalry, but the Night's King rode an Ice Dragon. The creature was immense, easily twice the size of Drogon.
The battle Kicked off as the armies of men faced the Others on the ground and Daenerys and Gerold faced the Night's King in the sky. Here the battle was most ferocious and at one point it appeared as if the two smaller dragons were losing. The tide in the dragon fight can be said to have changed when Aegon successfully mounted Viserion seeing that the other two needed help. When the guards tried to stop him he is said to have responded, "The Dragon must have Three Heads. How many dragons have riders? That's why I'm going in." The combined strength of three Dragons seemed to be able to weaken the Night's King and his ice dragon as blasts of fire from each of the dragons illuminated the darkened sky. First Black flame erupted and the streaks of red in it gave away an angry appearance. Gold flame made it seem as if the sun itself had appeared over head. Yellow-Orange fires added to this illusion and the streaks of Green identified the dragon for those on the ground.
However, it was the stream of ice blue which was the first to claim a life. Gerrold Dayne, husband of Daenerys, was struck and fell from Rhaegal. He would die in the fight, but as he died, the Ice Dragon was slain and the Night's King forced aground. Here he faced battle with Edric and Jon. Here the two fight the Night's King and Edric is wouned. Jon however is able to slay the Night's King with Longclaw.
The battle ended as the surviving Others began a retreat. Riders followed but were unable to keep up with them as they scattered into the Lands of Always Winter.

Epilogue
In the years following the Second Long Night several attempts were made to reclaim the Iron Isles all fail. Queen Daenerys would remarry to Edric and their children given a Cadet Branch of House Targaryen. House Stormfyre. They had three children of which two had Baratheon appearances and the third Valyrian ones. However, it is this third one that she has in 313 AC that is her end. She dies in childbirth to a second son whom is named Aegon and the throne passes to her 10 year old son, Rhaegar.
The Reach was able to reclaim the Arbor after House Blackfyre was given Oldtown. Aegon led the Reach armies against the Ironborn on the Island and were successful in purging them from the Island. They were able to recover several members of House Redwyne. Some of them were fighting for the Ironborn others against as part of a resistance group. House Redwyne was given back control over the Island, but their major port town of Ryamsport, was given to Rolly Duckfield for his service to Aegon and the Reach. The Arbor and Ryamsport became Vassals of house Blackfyre for Aegon's role in reclaiming the Island.
In the North, Jon spent much of his time trying to locate his missing family members after learning of their survival from Bran, whom he spoke to regularly through the Weirwood tree in the Godswood. Jon would marry Meera Reed with Howland's blessing who announces that Jojen had indeed returned to Greywater Watch long enough to father a child who would inherit the lands of House Reed upon his own passsing. Karhold is given over to House Thenn for their service to the realm and the marriage to Alys Karstark, the only living member of the Karstark line. Rickon is eventually found and named Lord of Moat Cailin and given the task of restoring the ancient fortress.
However, while King Rhaegar was a fine King. He only fathered one child before his own untimely death. His major law he passed was recognizing the Kingship of all the surviving claimants of the War of Nine Kings. Therefore the kings: Joffery, Tommen, Aegon, Stannis, Renly, Edric, and Queen Daenerys were added to the list of Monarchs of the Iron Throne. When his son was born, he was named Aegon. Rhaegar however, died before his son's first birthday leading to the Great Council of 321. Here the throne was passed to the Second son of Edric and Daenerys. His name was Viserys and ruled as Viserys III of House Stormfyre. The Council passed over the daughter of Daenerys as well as her own children in favor of a non-landed male claimant.
Now, things grow dark again. The proliferation of Dragons on Dragonstone and in Oldtown have only complicated matters within the realm. While these dragons prevent direct attacks by the Ironborn near them, in the far places of the north and beyond the wall, Ironborn Raids continue in full. In Kings Landing a militant High Septon calls for a war against the Ironborn, the North, and the Stormlands to bring them all to the Faith of the Seven. And possibly most dangerous is to the east, where in her absence Slaver's Bay has fallen again to Slavery under the leadership of New Ghis who has rebuilt the Ghiscari Empire and marches on Mantarys.
In this troubled time, our King died. Viserys lasted on the throne from 321 to 350 before his son Rhaegar II was crowned. Rhaegar II died in 359 without a trueborn heir. A Great Council was called, but unable to come to a decision instead leaving a single member from each region to determine the new King as none view Rhaegar's bastard to be worthy of the throne. Many call for a Targaryen Restoration, while others call for other things. I fear this Interregnum will result in war. A war that we cannot afford with the world we live in today.

Austria and Bavaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Austria and Bavaria » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:00 pm

Could it wait until after we do the Winds of Winter?

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Sat Nov 14, 2015 12:10 pm

Austria and Bavaria wrote:Could it wait until after we do the Winds of Winter?

It can. I was wanting to get the backstory more refined.

The United Eastern States of Europe
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Eastern States of Europe » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:03 pm

NS Name: The United Eastern States of Europe
Epithets/Titles: Lord Paramount of The Vale, Lord of The Eyrie.
Why you want to join this group: Because I'm a huge book nerd!
Favorite Character(s) from the books: Stannis the Mannis, no question.
Favorite Character(s) from ASOIF History: Harren the Black
Favorite House: Baratheon
Who do you support in the War of Five Kings: Stannis
UESEball
Want to be in my factbooks? TG me!
Characters
Proud MemberOf The Diligens League!
UESE Personified
(Kawaii Indo) Indo-Japanese Separatist Districts
(Sexy Sky) Skyline United
(My Sister CC) Castle Crashers
(NBaby who ignores me ;-;) New Babylonia
(Siwwy Sim) Republic of Simonia
(Wuvable Lingy!) Lingria
(SENPAI!!!!) The Germanian States
(Fun Crazy TDC) The Danish Confederacy
(Adorably Radical and Terrificly Super Yandere: A.R.T.S.Y.) Artstotzka IIII
(Oh great bringer of smut, Mistress Xan) Xanama

(2waifu4spoilers) Low Bloods
YOU'RE WELCOME NS!
Embassy
May or may not have a slight obsession with fluffy things…
Proud member of The Anti Democracy League
Pretty much sums me up (theme song).
Fascist and proud!
#blameTISI

Austria and Bavaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Austria and Bavaria » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:13 pm

The United Eastern States of Europe wrote:NS Name: The United Eastern States of Europe
Epithets/Titles: Lord Paramount of The Vale, Lord of The Eyrie.
Why you want to join this group: Because I'm a huge book nerd!
Favorite Character(s) from the books: Stannis the Mannis, no question.
Favorite Character(s) from ASOIF History: Harren the Black
Favorite House: Baratheon
Who do you support in the War of Five Kings: Stannis

Accepted.

Austria and Bavaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Austria and Bavaria » Sat Nov 14, 2015 1:21 pm

Winds of Winter is up: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=360837

New Ferris
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby New Ferris » Sat Nov 14, 2015 10:21 pm

Austria and Bavaria wrote:Winds of Winter is up: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopi ... 1&t=360837

Do reseeve house Stark for me then

Austria and Bavaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Austria and Bavaria » Sun Nov 15, 2015 6:02 am

New Ferris wrote:
Austria and Bavaria wrote:Winds of Winter is up: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=360837

Do reseeve house Stark for me then

It's been taken.

Austria and Bavaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Austria and Bavaria » Sun Nov 15, 2015 3:29 pm

New Discussion:

Who are the worst parents in Westeros?

In my opinion:

Tywin Lannister, Sybell Spicer, Walder Frey, Roose Bolton and Hoster Tully are all in my list.

The United Eastern States of Europe
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Eastern States of Europe » Mon Nov 16, 2015 12:46 am

Austria and Bavaria wrote:New Discussion:

Who are the worst parents in Westeros?

In my opinion:

Tywin Lannister, Sybell Spicer, Walder Frey, Roose Bolton and Hoster Tully are all in my list.

Selyse Florent.

Nuff' said.
UESEball
Want to be in my factbooks? TG me!
Characters
Proud MemberOf The Diligens League!
UESE Personified
(Kawaii Indo) Indo-Japanese Separatist Districts
(Sexy Sky) Skyline United
(My Sister CC) Castle Crashers
(NBaby who ignores me ;-;) New Babylonia
(Siwwy Sim) Republic of Simonia
(Wuvable Lingy!) Lingria
(SENPAI!!!!) The Germanian States
(Fun Crazy TDC) The Danish Confederacy
(Adorably Radical and Terrificly Super Yandere: A.R.T.S.Y.) Artstotzka IIII
(Oh great bringer of smut, Mistress Xan) Xanama

(2waifu4spoilers) Low Bloods
YOU'RE WELCOME NS!
Embassy
May or may not have a slight obsession with fluffy things…
Proud member of The Anti Democracy League
Pretty much sums me up (theme song).
Fascist and proud!
#blameTISI

The Central Fascist Empires
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Central Fascist Empires » Mon Nov 16, 2015 8:20 am

Craster is by far probably the shittiest.
Juche Gang

Juche and Big Dick Bernard

Shitting uncontrollably and white people

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse