NATION

PASSWORD

Lords of the Seven Kingdoms (Game of Thrones P2TM RP Group)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cuprum
Senator

Founded: Jun 21, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Cuprum » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:11 pm

Nuxipal wrote:
Cuprum wrote:
There will be dragons then. So we are talking about the Century of blood, aren't we?

It would be after the Century of Blood. The East will have been ravaged by war and the Dothraki already.

The focus of the RP will be in Westeros, so what happens in the east will be simply a far off distraction. I almost want to create an economics system similar to the Mass Effect Factions Rp that I had going before.. but idk how well that would work with A Song of Ice and Fire RPing.

What are you gonna do with those nasty Dragons 'cuz after the century of blood Aegon conquest' begins.
Last edited by Cuprum on Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nasaira
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 11, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Nasaira » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:13 pm

With custom houses being formed would there be room for one more valyrian house?

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Founded: Apr 25, 2010
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:15 pm

Cuprum wrote:
Nuxipal wrote:
It would be after the Century of Blood. The East will have been ravaged by war and the Dothraki already.

The focus of the RP will be in Westeros, so what happens in the east will be simply a far off distraction. I almost want to create an economics system similar to the Mass Effect Factions Rp that I had going before.. but idk how well that would work with A Song of Ice and Fire RPing.

What are you gonna do with those nasty Dragons 'cuz after the century of blood. Aegon conquest' begins.

Obviously in this case, he didn't invade. We are starting after he would have invaded. Something along the lines of Aegon falling ill and deciding against sending out the ravens declaring war on all of Westeros. Perhaps some kind of Dragon Dream shows him the downfall of his family should he land in Westeros. Something like that prevents him from actually invading in this timeline.

Nasaira wrote:With custom houses being formed would there be room for one more valyrian house?

Of course there would be. I plan on doing one myself in the Riverlands or along the Blackwater.
National Information: http://kutath.weebly.com/

Nasaira
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nasaira » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:18 pm

I have an idea for my house, House Draconis. Now would I be permitted to have a dragon? I know that may be stretching it but I figured I would ask.

Cuprum
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cuprum » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:21 pm

Nuxipal wrote:
Cuprum wrote:
What are you gonna do with those nasty Dragons 'cuz after the century of blood. Aegon conquest' begins.

Obviously in this case, he didn't invade. We are starting after he would have invaded. Something along the lines of Aegon falling ill and deciding against sending out the ravens declaring war on all of Westeros. Perhaps some kind of Dragon Dream shows him the downfall of his family should he land in Westeros. Something like that prevents him from actually invading in this timeline.

Nasaira wrote:With custom houses being formed would there be room for one more valyrian house?

Of course there would be. I plan on doing one myself in the Riverlands or along the Blackwater.

He invade Westeros because Argillac the Arrogant broke his promise with Aegon which consisted in Argillac's daughter marrying Orys.

Austria and Bavaria
Minister

Founded: Jul 14, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Austria and Bavaria » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:28 pm

No interest in a Northern RP?
Political: Monarchist, Integralist, National Syndicalist/Third Position, Christian Humanist.
Hobbies: Apprentice Blacksmith, Amateur Poet, and Board Gaming Fanatic.
Personal: Roman Catholic, Scots-German Southerner, North Carolinian. Deo Vindice.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:30 pm

Cuprum wrote:
Nuxipal wrote:

He invade Westeros because Argillac the Arrogant broke his promise with Aegon which consisted in Argillac's daughter marrying Orys.

I know why, you really don't need to tell me what happened in the World of Ice and Fire. What I said is that in this timeline he didn't invade because of the stated reason above.

Austria and Bavaria wrote:No interest in a Northern RP?

I'm hoping for something with a larger scope than just the North.

Nasaira wrote:I have an idea for my house, House Draconis. Now would I be permitted to have a dragon? I know that may be stretching it but I figured I would ask.

Dragons will be... accessible.. just no one will start with one or be able to easily obtain one.

Nasaira
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nasaira » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:35 pm

I am looking forward to this RP it has potential and if we are serious about world building then we need to start

Cuprum
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cuprum » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:36 pm

Nuxipal wrote:
Cuprum wrote:

I know why, you really don't need to tell me what happened in the World of Ice and Fire. What I said is that in this timeline he didn't invade because of the stated reason above.

Austria and Bavaria wrote:No interest in a Northern RP?

I'm hoping for something with a larger scope than just the North.

Nasaira wrote:I have an idea for my house, House Draconis. Now would I be permitted to have a dragon? I know that may be stretching it but I figured I would ask.

Dragons will be... accessible.. just no one will start with one or be able to easily obtain one.

So I can make an Alliance with NPC Aegon?

Austria and Bavaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Austria and Bavaria » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:40 pm

Hm, I guess I'm in, here's hoping there will be some RP in the North.
Political: Monarchist, Integralist, National Syndicalist/Third Position, Christian Humanist.
Personal: Roman Catholic, Scots-German Southerner, North Carolinian. Deo Vindice.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:42 pm

So, did we want a type of economic system? Something that we can use to "improve" our holdings without the need for cross-kingdom invasions every few pages?

Nasaira
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nasaira » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:46 pm

Nuxipal wrote:So, did we want a type of economic system? Something that we can use to "improve" our holdings without the need for cross-kingdom invasions every few pages?

Yeah that would help a lot, and some way for levies to replenish

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:51 pm

Nasaira wrote:
Nuxipal wrote:So, did we want a type of economic system? Something that we can use to "improve" our holdings without the need for cross-kingdom invasions every few pages?

Yeah that would help a lot, and some way for levies to replenish

Alright, it will take some time for me to finish it, but so far I've got castles and cities(villages and towns as well) quantified. Probably going to let everyone determine for themselves the size of the castles/villages under their rule.. within reason of course. Not gonna let someone say Standfast is a Castle.. when it is barely a fort..

Nasaira
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nasaira » Mon Feb 08, 2016 7:52 pm

Hmmm I wonder where I should start hmmm do you have any suggestions?

Austria and Bavaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Austria and Bavaria » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:19 pm

Yes, I like the sound of that. Also, reserve House Stark.

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:44 pm

The Economy section is going to look like crap, but we can clean it up as we go. When I do get around to posting it tonight, if someone wants to go in and organize it better.. please do..

Nasaira
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Nasaira » Mon Feb 08, 2016 8:47 pm

Nuxipal wrote:The Economy section is going to look like crap, but we can clean it up as we go. When I do get around to posting it tonight, if someone wants to go in and organize it better.. please do..

I just want to say great job on taking the initiative and moving this forward!!

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Mon Feb 08, 2016 9:14 pm

Nasaira wrote:
Nuxipal wrote:The Economy section is going to look like crap, but we can clean it up as we go. When I do get around to posting it tonight, if someone wants to go in and organize it better.. please do..

I just want to say great job on taking the initiative and moving this forward!!

I've had practice with this sort of idea, though I am feeling almost like the units will bankrupt most houses quickly..

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Mon Feb 08, 2016 10:28 pm

This probably has loads of misspellings and what not. It also does not have starting income/starting gold(didn't know what we would call it) for different places. There are also dozens of improvements that I wanted to add, but couldn't justify them in this early draft. These would be things like gardens, studies, training yards.. the things you'd expect to be in a castle. So perhaps during the IC someone can decide they want to build a great Garden Maze because you are the King of the Reach and belong to House Gardener.

Regerdless, here is version .1 of our ASoIaF Factions economic system. Please send me all the hate you have so that we can make this work better.

ASoIaF Factions System
Settlements: The base of your power are settlements. They are in two primary types (more may be added if we need them): City and Castle. Cities give gold in taxes where as Castles require gold in Upkeep. Larger cities and castles create larger income or upkeep. Castles are also required to train better soldiers and can protect your House's wealth better than a city can. However, a city can replenish losses to their armies faster than a castle can.

Some Cities have Castles in them. For Infrastructure they count as one Settlement, however, in every other fashion they are two separate settlements. Examples of these are: The Hightower and Oldtown, The Red Keep and Kings Landing, Casterly Rock and Lannisport, Volantis and The Black Wall.
Castle Types: Castles are monuments to the violence that is Westeros. Castles cost upkeep every month depending on their size. Castles also provide a place for your soldiers to garrison up outside of cities and towns or inside of them if that's what you prefer. Upgrades can be applied to castles.

1. Fortress - Upkeep 15 Gold. Garrison Max: 250 Example: Standfast, Ironwrath, Clegane Keep
2. Large Fortress - Upkeep 25 Gold. Garrison Max: 500 Example: Castle Darry, Castle Rosby,
3. Small Castle - Upkeep 40 Gold. Garrison Max: 1500 Example: Coldmoat, Hornhill,
4. Average Castle - Upkeep 55 Gold. Garrison Max: 2500 Example: The Hightower, The Twins, Nightsong, Yronwood, The Eyrie, The Dreadfort
5. Large Castle - Upkeep 75 Gold. Garrison Max: 4000 Example: Winterfell, Riverrun, Casterly Rock, Storm's End
6. Huge Castle - Upkeep 100 Gold. Garrison Max: 6500 Example: The Red Keep, Harrenhal

City Types: While True cities are a rarity in Westeros, towns and villages are abundant. Each can bring in a certain amount of income, but the larger a city is the more troops are needed to properly police it. Upgrades can be applied to Cities. Large Villages can become Small Towns by obtaining a Township from the King that rules over them. Similarly, Large Towns can become Small Cities if they obtain a City Charter from the King that rules them.

1. Small Village - Income 5 Gold. Garrison Minimum: 0 Example: Nameless villages
2. Village - Income 10 Gold. Garrison Minimum: 0 Example: Nameless Villages
3. Large Village - Income 15 Gold. Garrison Minimum: 25 Example: Nameless Villages
4. Small Town - Income 25 Gold. Garrison Minimum: 50 Example: Inn at the Crossroads
5. Average Town - Income 40 Gold. Garrison Minimum: 150 Example: Ryamsport, Barrowton
6. Large Town - Income 55 Gold. Garrison Minimum: 300 Example: Tumbleton, Saltpans, Fairmarket, Harroway's Town
7. Small City - Income 75 Gold. Garrison Minimum: 600 Example: Tolos, Astapor
8. Average City - Income 100 Gold. Garrison Minimum: 1000 Example: White Harbor, Yunkai
9. Large City - Income 130 Gold. Garrison Minimum: 1500 Example: Lannisport, Gulltown, Meereen, Myr, Tyrosh
10. Huge City - Income 175 Gold. Garrison Minimum: 2250 Example: Volantis, King's Landing, Oldtown, Braavos
Building New Settlements: A lord may decide he needs to build a new settlement, usually a castle or a small village. In some Cases, a castle is being constructed within a city. In the case of city settlements, they always must start as a small village and costs 100 gold. A castle's size can be determined by its builder and can have upgrades added in for additional cost.
Castle Construction Costs: Tier 1 - 400 Gold(2 years). Tier 2 - 500 gold (5 Years). Tier 3 - 1000 Gold (8 Years). Tier 4 - 1500 Gold (12 years). Tier 5 - 2500 Gold (20 Years).
Tier 6 Castles are nearly impossible to build. The only current Tier 6 Castle is Harrenhal, taking 50 years and enormous quantities of gold to build it. Should any other lord attempt to build it without slaver labor it would have the following cost: 7500 Gold (65 Years)
Settlement Upgrades: Improvements to upgrades replace the previous level. So you can't build a Large Port and a Military Port in the same place.
Port - 50 Gold. Requires: City or Castle to be coastal. Minimum of Large Fortress or Average Town. Provides: +1 Gold/Month Access to Merchant Ships
- Large Port- 150 Gold. Requires: Port, Small City or Average Castle. Provides: +25 Gold/Month
- Huge Port - 300 Gold. Requires: Large Port, Large City or Huge Castle. Provides: +50 Gold/ Month and access to Military Ships.
- Military Port - 100 Gold. Requires Port, Small City or Average Castle. Provides +10 Gold/ Month and access to Military Ships
Curtain Walls - 100 Gold. Requires: Average Town or Small Castle. Improves defenses of the settlement. Increases Max Garrison of Castles by one tier or by 2000 if already a Huge Castle and reduces minimum garrison of cities by one tier.
Town Market - 20 Gold. Requires: Small Town. Provides +1 Gold/Month per Infrastructure associated with the settlement
-Increase Size- Town Market can be increased in size. Each Size increase requires more gold and the market can only be increased to a level of 2 x Tier level - 3. Each size increase is equal to the following formula. Size Level x 25. Thus, to upgrade to a Size 2 Market it costs 50 gold. Income equals level times infrastructure. Therefore, a level 3 Market with 3 farms will provide 9 gold/month.
Castle Town - 20 gold. Requires: Small Castle. Provides +1 Gold/Month per infrastructure
- Increase Size- Size can be increased similarly to Town Markets, but only to a max of Size 4. Income increases similarly as well.
Industry- 20 Gold. Provides +5 Gold/Month. Max of 2 Per Castle or 3 Per City. Choose between Blacksmith, Weaver, Potter, Baker, Weapon/Armor Smith, Fisherman, Tanner. Counts as Infrastructure, but is protected within the settlement.
Castle Tier Improvement - Upgrading the tier of a castle is an expensive and time consuming process. While lower tier castles can be quickly improved in a few years, larger castles can take decades. The cost for upgrading a castle to the next tier is 75% of the cost of building a new castle of that tier. The time to upgrade is always 1/2 of the time required to build a new castle. Therefore, upgrading a tier 3 castle to a tier 4 castle costs the following: 1125 Gold and would take 6 years. During this time, the castle acts as a tier below its original tier for all other purposes.

City Tier Improvement - This is the more complex of the improvements. Villages are relatively easy to improve, while towns are more difficult and cities are almost impossible to improve. That being said here are the requirements to reach the next tier of a City. They will be arranged by years the levy hasn't been called, number of farms for the settlement, number of infrastructure present near settlement, and gold required to attract more peasants.
Tier 2: 2 Years, 1 farm, 1 Infrastructure, 50 Gold
Tier 3: 4 Years, 1 Farm, 2 Infrastructure, 150 Gold.
Tier 4: Township Charter, 5 years, 2 Farms, 4 Infrastructure, 300 Gold.
Tier 5: 7 Years, 2 Farms, 6 Infrastructure, 500 Gold.
Tier 6: 10 years, 3 Farms, 7 Infrastructure, 750 Gold.
Tier 7: City Charter, 12 Years, 4 Farms, 9 Infrastructure, 1000 Gold.
Tier 8: 15 Years, 4 Farms, 10 Infrastructure, 1500 Gold
Tier 9: 20 Years, 5 Farms, 11 Infrastructure, 2000 Gold.
Tier 10: 30 Years, 6 Farms, 12 Infrastructure, 3000 Gold.

Not all of these will be reachable, not until we figure out a few more types of infrastructure.

Infrastructure: Infrastructure is associated with settlements, but can be assaulted, ransacked, destroyed, and looted without attacking a settlement. There are limits on how many can be built around a settlement.
Mine - 50 Gold. Requires Hills or Mountains. Provides +10 Gold/Month. (Max: 2/settlement)
Farm - 40 Gold. Requires Flatlands. Provides +10 Gold/Month (Max 4/Settlement)
Timber Farm - 40 Gold. Requires Forests. Provides +10 Gold/Month unless Ironwrath, then provides +20 Gold/Month(Max: 2/Settlement)
Vineyards - 50 Gold. Requires Flatlands, South of the Gods Eye. Provides +25 Gold unless Arbor, then Provides +30 Gold. Counts against Farm Limit (Max 2/Settlement)
Sawmill - 50 Gold. Requires Timber Farm. Provides +15 Gold/Month.(Max 1/Settlement)
Windmill - 50 Gold. Requires 2 Farms. Provides +10 Gold/Month. (Max 2/Settlement)
Horsebreeder - 60 Gold. Requires: Dorne or 2 Farms. Provides +15 Gold/Month (Max 1/ Settlement)
Fishery - 40 Gold. Requires Coast, Port. Provides +10 Gold/Month (Max 2/Settlement)
Trade Post - 75 Gold. Requires Coast, Road, or River. Provides +20 Gold/Month (Max 1/Settlement and 3/House)

Regional Bonuses and Penalties:
North: Farm cap reduced to 3, Timber Farm Cap incrased to 3.
Vale: Farm Cap reduced to 2, Mine Cap increased to 3.
Riverlands: Farms Produce +15 Gold/Month
Westerlands: Farm Limit Reduced to 1, Mine Cap increased to 3. Mines provide +20 Gold/Month. Cannot Produce Vinyards.
Blackwater Bay: Fishery Limit Increased by 1, Trade Post Provides +25 Gold/Month. Mining Cap reduced to 1
Stormlands: Cannot produce Vinyards. Mine Cap increased to 2. Timber Farm Increased to 3.
Dorne: Farm cap reduced to 1 if near Torrentine or Greenblood, reduced to 0 otherwise. Vinyards Produce +25 Gold/Month.
Reach: Mine Cap reduced to 0. Timber Farm reduced to 0 north of Horn Hill. Farms Provide +15 Gold/Month.
Iron Islands: Farm Cap reduced to 0. Timber Farm cap Reduced to 0. Sawmill Cap reduced to 0. Fishery Cap increased to 4. Trade Post cap increased to 2/settlement and 5/House. Fishery provides + 15 Gold/Month.

Military Units: The Military of Westeros is based primarily on levy soldiers. There are however, a few small standing forces which are ruled over directly by Lords to maintain order in cities, garrison key Castles, and attack rivals.

Town Guard - Training 30 Gold. Upkeep 3 Gold/Month. Unit Size 200.
Men-at-arms - Training: 40 Gold. Upkeep 5 Gold/Month. Unit Size: 200.
Archers - Training: 30 gold. Upkeep: 3 Gold/ Month. Unit Size: 200.
Light Cavalry - Training 40 Gold. Upkeep 5 Gold/Month. Unit Size: 50.
Heavy Cavalry - Training 60 Gold. Upkeep 10 Gold/Month. Unit Size: 50.
Mounted Knights - Training 100 Gold. Upkeep 20 Gold/Month. Unit Size 50.

Finally, when you are at war, and have no other option left. You can call up your levies. Levy troops are of lower quality, and their numbers depend on the size of your settlement. Remember,
Castles: Tier 1 - 150 men. Tier 2 - 400 men. Tier 3 - 700 men. Tier 4 - 1400 men. Tier 5 - 2500 men. Tier 6 - 3000 Men.
Cities: Tier 1 - 5 Men. Tier 2 - 20 Men. Tier 3 - 50 Men. Tier 4 - 100 Men. Tier 5 - 250 Men. Tier 6 - 500 Men. Tier 7 - 1250 Men. Tier 8 - 1750 Men. Tier 9 - 2500 Men. Tier 10 - 3500 Men.

When you call your levies, each month you must pay 1 Gold per 200 Men. On top of that, your income is halved from your cities and your upkeep is doubled from your castles. However, your infrastructure will still provide full income.

Replenishment of Troops:
After a war, your army will have taken losses. This is where having cities and farms really help you. Cities tier 1-3 replenish at a rate of 2.5%. Cities tier 4 to 6 replenish your losses by 5% every month, Tier 7 to 9 replenish your losses at 7.5% per month, and a Tier 10 City will replenish your losses by 10% every month. Additionally to this each Farm you have will increase your replenishment rate by 1%.
Castles can replenish armies as well, just not as fast as cities. A tier 1 castle cannot replenish troops, tier 2 replenishes at 1%, tier 3 is 1.5%, tier 4 is 2.5%, tier 5 is 3%, and tier 6 is an incredible 3.5%.
However, if a castle is built within a city, the castle does not replenish troops at all and instead is part of the city's replenishment rate.

Other Specialties here: Some Houses have a specialization, those specializations will be listed here for all to see.

None Yet

Arlye Austros
Minister

Founded: Feb 12, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Arlye Austros » Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:36 am

Nuxipal wrote:This probably has loads of misspellings and what not. It also does not have starting income/starting gold(didn't know what we would call it) for different places. There are also dozens of improvements that I wanted to add, but couldn't justify them in this early draft. These would be things like gardens, studies, training yards.. the things you'd expect to be in a castle. So perhaps during the IC someone can decide they want to build a great Garden Maze because you are the King of the Reach and belong to House Gardener.

Regerdless, here is version .1 of our ASoIaF Factions economic system. Please send me all the hate you have so that we can make this work better.

ASoIaF Factions System
Settlements: The base of your power are settlements. They are in two primary types (more may be added if we need them): City and Castle. Cities give gold in taxes where as Castles require gold in Upkeep. Larger cities and castles create larger income or upkeep. Castles are also required to train better soldiers and can protect your House's wealth better than a city can. However, a city can replenish losses to their armies faster than a castle can.

Some Cities have Castles in them. For Infrastructure they count as one Settlement, however, in every other fashion they are two separate settlements. Examples of these are: The Hightower and Oldtown, The Red Keep and Kings Landing, Casterly Rock and Lannisport, Volantis and The Black Wall.
Castle Types: Castles are monuments to the violence that is Westeros. Castles cost upkeep every month depending on their size. Castles also provide a place for your soldiers to garrison up outside of cities and towns or inside of them if that's what you prefer. Upgrades can be applied to castles.

1. Fortress - Upkeep 15 Gold. Garrison Max: 250 Example: Standfast, Ironwrath, Clegane Keep
2. Large Fortress - Upkeep 25 Gold. Garrison Max: 500 Example: Castle Darry, Castle Rosby,
3. Small Castle - Upkeep 40 Gold. Garrison Max: 1500 Example: Coldmoat, Hornhill,
4. Average Castle - Upkeep 55 Gold. Garrison Max: 2500 Example: The Hightower, The Twins, Nightsong, Yronwood, The Eyrie, The Dreadfort
5. Large Castle - Upkeep 75 Gold. Garrison Max: 4000 Example: Winterfell, Riverrun, Casterly Rock, Storm's End
6. Huge Castle - Upkeep 100 Gold. Garrison Max: 6500 Example: The Red Keep, Harrenhal

City Types: While True cities are a rarity in Westeros, towns and villages are abundant. Each can bring in a certain amount of income, but the larger a city is the more troops are needed to properly police it. Upgrades can be applied to Cities. Large Villages can become Small Towns by obtaining a Township from the King that rules over them. Similarly, Large Towns can become Small Cities if they obtain a City Charter from the King that rules them.

1. Small Village - Income 5 Gold. Garrison Minimum: 0 Example: Nameless villages
2. Village - Income 10 Gold. Garrison Minimum: 0 Example: Nameless Villages
3. Large Village - Income 15 Gold. Garrison Minimum: 25 Example: Nameless Villages
4. Small Town - Income 25 Gold. Garrison Minimum: 50 Example: Inn at the Crossroads
5. Average Town - Income 40 Gold. Garrison Minimum: 150 Example: Ryamsport, Barrowton
6. Large Town - Income 55 Gold. Garrison Minimum: 300 Example: Tumbleton, Saltpans, Fairmarket, Harroway's Town
7. Small City - Income 75 Gold. Garrison Minimum: 600 Example: Tolos, Astapor
8. Average City - Income 100 Gold. Garrison Minimum: 1000 Example: White Harbor, Yunkai
9. Large City - Income 130 Gold. Garrison Minimum: 1500 Example: Lannisport, Gulltown, Meereen, Myr, Tyrosh
10. Huge City - Income 175 Gold. Garrison Minimum: 2250 Example: Volantis, King's Landing, Oldtown, Braavos
Building New Settlements: A lord may decide he needs to build a new settlement, usually a castle or a small village. In some Cases, a castle is being constructed within a city. In the case of city settlements, they always must start as a small village and costs 100 gold. A castle's size can be determined by its builder and can have upgrades added in for additional cost.
Castle Construction Costs: Tier 1 - 400 Gold(2 years). Tier 2 - 500 gold (5 Years). Tier 3 - 1000 Gold (8 Years). Tier 4 - 1500 Gold (12 years). Tier 5 - 2500 Gold (20 Years).
Tier 6 Castles are nearly impossible to build. The only current Tier 6 Castle is Harrenhal, taking 50 years and enormous quantities of gold to build it. Should any other lord attempt to build it without slaver labor it would have the following cost: 7500 Gold (65 Years)
Settlement Upgrades: Improvements to upgrades replace the previous level. So you can't build a Large Port and a Military Port in the same place.
Port - 50 Gold. Requires: City or Castle to be coastal. Minimum of Large Fortress or Average Town. Provides: +1 Gold/Month Access to Merchant Ships
- Large Port- 150 Gold. Requires: Port, Small City or Average Castle. Provides: +25 Gold/Month
- Huge Port - 300 Gold. Requires: Large Port, Large City or Huge Castle. Provides: +50 Gold/ Month and access to Military Ships.
- Military Port - 100 Gold. Requires Port, Small City or Average Castle. Provides +10 Gold/ Month and access to Military Ships
Curtain Walls - 100 Gold. Requires: Average Town or Small Castle. Improves defenses of the settlement. Increases Max Garrison of Castles by one tier or by 2000 if already a Huge Castle and reduces minimum garrison of cities by one tier.
Town Market - 20 Gold. Requires: Small Town. Provides +1 Gold/Month per Infrastructure associated with the settlement
-Increase Size- Town Market can be increased in size. Each Size increase requires more gold and the market can only be increased to a level of 2 x Tier level - 3. Each size increase is equal to the following formula. Size Level x 25. Thus, to upgrade to a Size 2 Market it costs 50 gold. Income equals level times infrastructure. Therefore, a level 3 Market with 3 farms will provide 9 gold/month.
Castle Town - 20 gold. Requires: Small Castle. Provides +1 Gold/Month per infrastructure
- Increase Size- Size can be increased similarly to Town Markets, but only to a max of Size 4. Income increases similarly as well.
Industry- 20 Gold. Provides +5 Gold/Month. Max of 2 Per Castle or 3 Per City. Choose between Blacksmith, Weaver, Potter, Baker, Weapon/Armor Smith, Fisherman, Tanner. Counts as Infrastructure, but is protected within the settlement.
Castle Tier Improvement - Upgrading the tier of a castle is an expensive and time consuming process. While lower tier castles can be quickly improved in a few years, larger castles can take decades. The cost for upgrading a castle to the next tier is 75% of the cost of building a new castle of that tier. The time to upgrade is always 1/2 of the time required to build a new castle. Therefore, upgrading a tier 3 castle to a tier 4 castle costs the following: 1125 Gold and would take 6 years. During this time, the castle acts as a tier below its original tier for all other purposes.

City Tier Improvement - This is the more complex of the improvements. Villages are relatively easy to improve, while towns are more difficult and cities are almost impossible to improve. That being said here are the requirements to reach the next tier of a City. They will be arranged by years the levy hasn't been called, number of farms for the settlement, number of infrastructure present near settlement, and gold required to attract more peasants.
Tier 2: 2 Years, 1 farm, 1 Infrastructure, 50 Gold
Tier 3: 4 Years, 1 Farm, 2 Infrastructure, 150 Gold.
Tier 4: Township Charter, 5 years, 2 Farms, 4 Infrastructure, 300 Gold.
Tier 5: 7 Years, 2 Farms, 6 Infrastructure, 500 Gold.
Tier 6: 10 years, 3 Farms, 7 Infrastructure, 750 Gold.
Tier 7: City Charter, 12 Years, 4 Farms, 9 Infrastructure, 1000 Gold.
Tier 8: 15 Years, 4 Farms, 10 Infrastructure, 1500 Gold
Tier 9: 20 Years, 5 Farms, 11 Infrastructure, 2000 Gold.
Tier 10: 30 Years, 6 Farms, 12 Infrastructure, 3000 Gold.

Not all of these will be reachable, not until we figure out a few more types of infrastructure.

Infrastructure: Infrastructure is associated with settlements, but can be assaulted, ransacked, destroyed, and looted without attacking a settlement. There are limits on how many can be built around a settlement.
Mine - 50 Gold. Requires Hills or Mountains. Provides +10 Gold/Month. (Max: 2/settlement)
Farm - 40 Gold. Requires Flatlands. Provides +10 Gold/Month (Max 4/Settlement)
Timber Farm - 40 Gold. Requires Forests. Provides +10 Gold/Month unless Ironwrath, then provides +20 Gold/Month(Max: 2/Settlement)
Vineyards - 50 Gold. Requires Flatlands, South of the Gods Eye. Provides +25 Gold unless Arbor, then Provides +30 Gold. Counts against Farm Limit (Max 2/Settlement)
Sawmill - 50 Gold. Requires Timber Farm. Provides +15 Gold/Month.(Max 1/Settlement)
Windmill - 50 Gold. Requires 2 Farms. Provides +10 Gold/Month. (Max 2/Settlement)
Horsebreeder - 60 Gold. Requires: Dorne or 2 Farms. Provides +15 Gold/Month (Max 1/ Settlement)
Fishery - 40 Gold. Requires Coast, Port. Provides +10 Gold/Month (Max 2/Settlement)
Trade Post - 75 Gold. Requires Coast, Road, or River. Provides +20 Gold/Month (Max 1/Settlement and 3/House)

Regional Bonuses and Penalties:
North: Farm cap reduced to 3, Timber Farm Cap incrased to 3.
Vale: Farm Cap reduced to 2, Mine Cap increased to 3.
Riverlands: Farms Produce +15 Gold/Month
Westerlands: Farm Limit Reduced to 1, Mine Cap increased to 3. Mines provide +20 Gold/Month. Cannot Produce Vinyards.
Blackwater Bay: Fishery Limit Increased by 1, Trade Post Provides +25 Gold/Month. Mining Cap reduced to 1
Stormlands: Cannot produce Vinyards. Mine Cap increased to 2. Timber Farm Increased to 3.
Dorne: Farm cap reduced to 1 if near Torrentine or Greenblood, reduced to 0 otherwise. Vinyards Produce +25 Gold/Month.
Reach: Mine Cap reduced to 0. Timber Farm reduced to 0 north of Horn Hill. Farms Provide +15 Gold/Month.
Iron Islands: Farm Cap reduced to 0. Timber Farm cap Reduced to 0. Sawmill Cap reduced to 0. Fishery Cap increased to 4. Trade Post cap increased to 2/settlement and 5/House. Fishery provides + 15 Gold/Month.

Military Units: The Military of Westeros is based primarily on levy soldiers. There are however, a few small standing forces which are ruled over directly by Lords to maintain order in cities, garrison key Castles, and attack rivals.

Town Guard - Training 30 Gold. Upkeep 3 Gold/Month. Unit Size 200.
Men-at-arms - Training: 40 Gold. Upkeep 5 Gold/Month. Unit Size: 200.
Archers - Training: 30 gold. Upkeep: 3 Gold/ Month. Unit Size: 200.
Light Cavalry - Training 40 Gold. Upkeep 5 Gold/Month. Unit Size: 50.
Heavy Cavalry - Training 60 Gold. Upkeep 10 Gold/Month. Unit Size: 50.
Mounted Knights - Training 100 Gold. Upkeep 20 Gold/Month. Unit Size 50.

Finally, when you are at war, and have no other option left. You can call up your levies. Levy troops are of lower quality, and their numbers depend on the size of your settlement. Remember,
Castles: Tier 1 - 150 men. Tier 2 - 400 men. Tier 3 - 700 men. Tier 4 - 1400 men. Tier 5 - 2500 men. Tier 6 - 3000 Men.
Cities: Tier 1 - 5 Men. Tier 2 - 20 Men. Tier 3 - 50 Men. Tier 4 - 100 Men. Tier 5 - 250 Men. Tier 6 - 500 Men. Tier 7 - 1250 Men. Tier 8 - 1750 Men. Tier 9 - 2500 Men. Tier 10 - 3500 Men.

When you call your levies, each month you must pay 1 Gold per 200 Men. On top of that, your income is halved from your cities and your upkeep is doubled from your castles. However, your infrastructure will still provide full income.

Replenishment of Troops:
After a war, your army will have taken losses. This is where having cities and farms really help you. Cities tier 1-3 replenish at a rate of 2.5%. Cities tier 4 to 6 replenish your losses by 5% every month, Tier 7 to 9 replenish your losses at 7.5% per month, and a Tier 10 City will replenish your losses by 10% every month. Additionally to this each Farm you have will increase your replenishment rate by 1%.
Castles can replenish armies as well, just not as fast as cities. A tier 1 castle cannot replenish troops, tier 2 replenishes at 1%, tier 3 is 1.5%, tier 4 is 2.5%, tier 5 is 3%, and tier 6 is an incredible 3.5%.
However, if a castle is built within a city, the castle does not replenish troops at all and instead is part of the city's replenishment rate.

Other Specialties here: Some Houses have a specialization, those specializations will be listed here for all to see.

None Yet

Just love it. I would like to see this in Essos though, but I would love to attempt a Pre-conquest RP once more. One thing though, are we gonna work 1 month/1 page time scales?

EDIT: I wouldn´t mind working with trade and maybe a dragon system if lots of dragons are gonna spawn. Since I have an eastern interest so far, I could maybe also work mercenaries.
Last edited by Arlye Austros on Tue Feb 09, 2016 7:38 am, edited 1 time in total.
Arlye Austros, the New South. In the Nibaru Expense. -Future Tech-
Patagonia and its regional neighbours are dominated by the Frankish Kingdom of Argentina and use Modern tech for their affairs. -Modern/Post Modern Tech-

Chilean-Argentine, Pro Union of the Americas (all three). Anti Chavism, anti other stuff. Conservative, but not in extremis (hope so).
Pro Stark, Impeach Tommen

Nuxipal
Powerbroker

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Nuxipal » Tue Feb 09, 2016 11:15 am

Arlye Austros wrote:
Nuxipal wrote:This probably has loads of misspellings and what not. It also does not have starting income/starting gold(didn't know what we would call it) for different places. There are also dozens of improvements that I wanted to add, but couldn't justify them in this early draft. These would be things like gardens, studies, training yards.. the things you'd expect to be in a castle. So perhaps during the IC someone can decide they want to build a great Garden Maze because you are the King of the Reach and belong to House Gardener.

Regardless, here is version .1 of our ASoIaF Factions economic system. Please send me all the hate you have so that we can make this work better.

Just love it. I would like to see this in Essos though, but I would love to attempt a Pre-conquest RP once more. One thing though, are we gonna work 1 month/1 page time scales?

EDIT: I wouldn´t mind working with trade and maybe a dragon system if lots of dragons are gonna spawn. Since I have an eastern interest so far, I could maybe also work mercenaries.

I don't particularly want to see too many dragons. I know I am like the #1 advocate for dragons around, but I don't feel like fooling around with them too early on for this thing. Mercs we could work in at some point obviously. Eastern stuff will be added later of course.. we need to get the basics of this right first. East will involve things like Slave trade, dothraki shenanigans, and stuff like that. I'd like to have at least a semi-functional Westeros before we go to Essos though.

Arlye Austros
Minister

Postby Arlye Austros » Tue Feb 09, 2016 12:55 pm

Nuxipal wrote:
Arlye Austros wrote:Just love it. I would like to see this in Essos though, but I would love to attempt a Pre-conquest RP once more. One thing though, are we gonna work 1 month/1 page time scales?

I don't particularly want to see too many dragons. I know I am like the #1 advocate for dragons around, but I don't feel like fooling around with them too early on for this thing. Mercs we could work in at some point obviously. Eastern stuff will be added later of course.. we need to get the basics of this right first. East will involve things like Slave trade, dothraki shenanigans, and stuff like that. I'd like to have at least a semi-functional Westeros before we go to Essos though.

Then I supose I can work with trade and resources map for Westeros. Will also head into making a list of known mercenary companies.
Patagonia and its regional neighbours are dominated by the Frankish Kingdom of Argentina and use Modern tech for their affairs. -Modern/Post Modern Tech-

Chilean-Argentine, Pro Union of the Americas (all three). Anti Chavism, anti other stuff. Conservative, but not in extremis (hope so).

Cuprum
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Cuprum » Tue Feb 09, 2016 1:59 pm

My proposal which is in progress...

Castle

Income: 4 Gold
Fort level: 3
Levies: 60 light infantry, 150 heavy infantry, 15 light cavalry

These buildings increase fort level, increasing the time it takes an attacking army to siege the holding.

Name: Castle Fortifications I
Price : 50 gold
Build time: 182 days
Effects: +0.5 fort level
Requirements:
Tech Requirements:

Name: Castle Fortifications II
Requirements: Castle Walls I, Castle Fortifications I
Tech Requirements: Improved Keeps 1

Name: Castle Fortifications III
Price : 100 gold
Requirements: Castle Fortifications II
Tech Requirements: Improved Keeps 3

Name: Castle Fortifications IV
Build time: 365 days
Effects: +1 fort level
Requirements: Castle Fortifications III
Tech Requirements: Improved Keeps 7

Name: Castle Fortifications V
Effects: +1 fort level
Requirements: Castle Fortifications IV
Tech Requirements: Improved Keeps 7

Walls increase levy size and fort level, raising the defensive capacity. They also slightly increase yearly income from the holding.

Name: Castle Walls I
Effects: +2.5% levy size, +0.2 income
Requirements:
Tech Requirements:

Name: Castle Walls II
Build time: 547 days
Effects: +0.5 fort level, +2.5% levy size, +0.2 income
Requirements: Castle Walls I
Tech Requirements: Improved Keeps 2

Name: Castle Walls III
Price: 100 gold
Build time: 730 days
Effects: +1 fort level, +0.2 income, +5% levy size
Requirements: Castle Walls II
Tech Requirements: Improved Keeps 4

Name: Castle Walls IV
Price: 150 gold
Build time: 1095 days
Effects: +1 fort level, +0.2 income, +5% levy size
Requirements: Castle Walls III
Tech Requirements: Improved Keeps 6

Name: Castle Walls V
Build time: 1460 days
Effects: +1.5 fort level, +0.5 income, +10% levy size
Requirements: Castle Walls IV
Tech Requirements: Improved Keeps 8

Name: Qarthian Walls
Effects: +4 fort level, +0.5 income, +10% levy size
Requirements: Castle Walls V, Qarth

Keeps are arguably the most important building for castles. They increase garrison size, thereby increasing the defensive capacity of the holding, and increase levies, giving the holder the ability to field more troops.

Name: Keep I
Effects: +5% levy size, +5% garrison size
Requirements:
Tech Requirements:

Name: Keep II
Price: 200 gold
Effects: +10% levy size, +10% garrison size
Requirements: Keep I
Tech Requirements:

Name: Keep III
Price: 300 gold
Effects: +15% levy size, +15% garrison size
Requirements: Keep II
Tech Requirements: Improved Keeps 2

Name: Keep IV
Price: 400 gold
Effects: +20% levy size, +20% garrison size
Requirements: Keep III
Tech Requirements: Improved Keeps 4

Name: Keep V
Price: 500 gold
Build time: 2190 days
Effects: +25% levy size, +25% garrison size
Requirements: Keep IV
Tech Requirements: Improved Keeps 6

Name: Keep VI
Effects: +30% levy size, +20% garrison size
Requirements: Keep V

Militia training grounds increase the output of light infantry and archers in a holding. Both are low quality troops, but tend to make up the majority of armies, being very numerous, and are two of the best troop types during the skirmish phase at the start of a battle.

Name: Militia Training Ground I
Effects: +80 light infantry, +10 archers
Requirements:
Tech Requirements:

Name: Militia Training Ground II
Price: 120 gold
Effects: +50 light infantry, +50 archers
Requirements: Castle Walls I, Militia Training Ground I
Tech Requirements: Castle Infrastructure I

Name: Militia Training Ground III
Effects: +50 light infantry, +90 archers
Requirements: Castle Walls I, Militia Training Ground I
Tech Requirements: Castle Infrastructure V

Name: Militia Training Ground IV
Effects: +60 light infantry, +120 archers
Requirements: Militia Training Ground II
Tech Requirements: Castle Infrastructure VII

Castle towns are the economic upgrade for castles, and are thus extremely important.

Name: Castle Town I
Build time: 365 Days
Effects: +2 income
Tech Requirements:

Name: Castle Town II
Build time: 547 Days
Requirements: Castle Town I
Tech Requirements: Castle Infrastructure 2

Name: Castle Town III
Build time: 730 Days
Requirements: Castle Town II
Tech Requirements: Castle Infrastructure 4

Name: Castle Town IV
Requirements: Castle Town III
Tech Requirements: Castle Infrastructure 5

Name: Castle Town V
Requirements: Castle Town IV
Tech Requirements: Castle Infrastructure 6

Name: Castle Town VI
Requirements: Castle Town V
Tech Requirements: Castle Infrastructure 8

Training grounds are one of the key buildings that make castles the best holding for levies. This upgrade gives increased morale to all levies raised from the holding, which can make the difference between routing the enemy and being routed yourself. Additionally, the increased levy reinforcement rate means that losses will be replenished faster, and is key when fighting a defensive war.

Name: Training Grounds
Effects: +10% levy reinforcement rate , +20 retinue size
Requirements: Castle Walls II
Tech Requirements:

Name: Training Grounds II
Price: 250 gold
Effects: +10% levy reinforcement rate , +20 retinue size
Requirements: Training Grounds I
Tech Requirements: Castle Infrastructure 3

Name: Training Grounds III
Effects: +20% levy reinforcement rate , +20 retinue size
Requirements: Training Grounds II

Barracks provide castles with heavy infantry and pikemen, which gives an army staying power and the ability to kill in the melee phase of combat.

Name: Barracks I
Effects: +30 heavy infantry, +15 pikemen
Requirements:
Tech Requirements:

Name: Barracks II
Effects: +40 heavy infantry, +15 pikemen
Requirements: Barracks I
Tech Requirements:

Name: Barracks III
Effects: +45 heavy infantry, +20 pikemen
Requirements: Barracks II
Tech Requirements: Castle Infrastructure 1

Name: Barracks IV
Effects: +50 heavy infantry, +25 pikemen
Requirements: Barracks III
Tech Requirements: Castle Infrastructure 3

Name: Barracks V
Effects: +60 heavy infantry, +25 pikemen
Requirements: Barracks IV
Tech Requirements: Castle Infrastructure 5

Name: Barracks VI
Effects: +65 heavy infantry, +25 pikemen
Requirements: Barracks V
Tech Requirements: Castle Infrastructure 7

Stables are another key to the power of castles. They are the only way outside of culture specific buildings to acquire heavy cavalry, the best troop type in the game, and give plentiful light cavalry, which are an all around useful troop type, and great for chasing down fleeing armies.

Name: Stables I
Effects: +35 light cavalry
Requirements:
Tech Requirements:

Name: Stables II
Effects: +45 light cavalry
Tech Requirements:

Name: Stables III
Effects: +55 light cavalry
Requirements: Stables II, Castle Walls II
Tech Requirements: Castle Infrastructure 2

Name: Stables IV
Effects: +55 light cavalry, +5 heavy cavalry
Requirements: Stables III
Tech Requirements: Castle Infrastructure 4

Name: Stables V
Effects: +55 light cavalry, +10 heavy cavalry
Requirements: Stables IV

Name: Stables VI
Effects: +55 light cavalry, +20 heavy cavalry
Requirements: Stables V
Tech Requirements: Castle Infrastructure 8
Last edited by Cuprum on Tue Feb 09, 2016 3:38 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Austria and Bavaria
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Austria and Bavaria » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:14 pm

That is a really nice looking system.

Arlye Austros
Minister

Postby Arlye Austros » Tue Feb 09, 2016 2:37 pm

Cuprum wrote:

I would wait till the OP is done, since this is not really the OP but a RP Group.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse