NATION

PASSWORD

Tales of Two Horizons OOC-Open

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Terminus Alpha
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Terminus Alpha » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:04 pm

Baja California y Sonora wrote:
Terminus Alpha wrote:Any ideas about what I can post about? The Louisiana purchase is a no-go and Iberia isn't going to sell me Cuba, so I'm just sort of left high and dry here.

Purchase Texas and encroach Louisiana.
Probs shouldn't do this.
Anyways, thanks for accepting my app. @Glit

Brits wouldn't let me buy the Bahamas. Even if I was crazy enough to try, they'd just say no.
RP Interests: Alt-Hist, Space, 20th Century onward.
In the process of becoming a History teacher.
Center-Left-Libertarian | "Dirty filthy hippie"
Agnostic Atheist
Democrat
LGBT+

The Holy Dominion of Inesea
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:05 pm

The Industrial States of Columbia wrote:
The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:When Oda Japan is accepted, we will send a sole samurai to fight you.

Regarding Oda Japan, I have conversed with Sen, Japan can indeed be advanced, but it probably should have risen more from China into Albion's arms sort of thing, as the Differences between High Eastern and Western stuffs are actually pretty minute, enough so that "Westernising" would be more of an aesthetic change if anything for you.

Sen can probably help more with it, as he has the Song power to explain some of the changes you might see earlier.

It copied the Chinese Bureaucracy, if that's what you are asking.
I'm really tired

Kryskov
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryskov » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:06 pm

Rudaslavia wrote:Get in line. There's no stopping us.

HUEHUEHUE...oh...oh wait you're serious...

I'm sure the honorable Italian players understand that to truly unite Italy all but one must give up their nation, else it be nothing more than a league that can easily be disassembled forever by more fortunate Mediterranean powers.

The Industrial States of Columbia
Senator

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby The Industrial States of Columbia » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:11 pm

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:
Regarding Oda Japan, I have conversed with Sen, Japan can indeed be advanced, but it probably should have risen more from China into Albion's arms sort of thing, as the Differences between High Eastern and Western stuffs are actually pretty minute, enough so that "Westernising" would be more of an aesthetic change if anything for you.

Sen can probably help more with it, as he has the Song power to explain some of the changes you might see earlier.

It copied the Chinese Bureaucracy, if that's what you are asking.

The Gap between High Western an High Eastern Technologies is low enough that you probably would have gone with China for advancement before switching to Albion out of opportunism
Cobalt Network Signups-|-Cobalt Network Main Page
A Fan of Type II alternate history
-Dom Pedro II
-Queen Elizabeth I
-Our Current Pope
-Teddy Roosevelt
-Joan of Arc
-Giovanni Belzoni
-Nikola Tesla
Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished.

The Industrial States of Columbia
Senator

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby The Industrial States of Columbia » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:12 pm

Terminus Alpha wrote:
Politics, social progress, the state of slavery in your nations, ideas for invention, royal balls, character development 'U'

Slavery's been over for a while, and I have a feeling any sort of character or national development is going to get lost when Columbia decides to screw me over an annex me.

I don't think columbia is going to be the problem. The Ori Crusade Iberians are from the sounds of it ;U;
Cobalt Network Signups-|-Cobalt Network Main Page
A Fan of Type II alternate history
-Dom Pedro II
-Queen Elizabeth I
-Our Current Pope
-Teddy Roosevelt
-Joan of Arc
-Giovanni Belzoni
-Nikola Tesla
Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished.

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:14 pm

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:It copied the Chinese Bureaucracy, if that's what you are asking.

The Gap between High Western an High Eastern Technologies is low enough that you probably would have gone with China for advancement before switching to Albion out of opportunism

Ahh. Probably in the beginning, till the 1600's. But Iberia would have represented a "safer" way to get technology, as it is both farther and less expansionist than China. And Britain would have been latched onto because Industrial Revolution/It isn't as threatening as China.
I'm really tired

Rudaslavia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 28, 2014
Corporate Police State

Postby Rudaslavia » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:14 pm

I just noticed that I misplaced Piedmont-Corsica in the Foreign Relations section of my app. Tuscany is supportive of Piedmont-Corsica, not against it (obviously, since the Tuscan Queen is of Sardinian descent). France, however, is still somewhat resented by the Tuscans for Napoleon's invasion.
Last edited by Rudaslavia on Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Friends call me "Rud."

Rudaslavia
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Rudaslavia » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:16 pm

Kryskov wrote:
Rudaslavia wrote:Get in line. There's no stopping us.

HUEHUEHUE...oh...oh wait you're serious...

I'm sure the honorable Italian players understand that to truly unite Italy all but one must give up their nation, else it be nothing more than a league that can easily be disassembled forever by more fortunate Mediterranean powers.

That is far from true. Federal monarchies can allow semi-autonomy amongst states.
Friends call me "Rud."

Terminus Alpha
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Terminus Alpha » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:17 pm

Terminus Alpha wrote:
Slavery's been over for a while, and I have a feeling any sort of character or national development is going to get lost when Columbia decides to screw me over an annex me.

I don't think columbia is going to be the problem. The Ori Crusade Iberians are from the sounds of it ;U;

Iberia can't do anything in the Western Hemisphere. He'd like to try, but then they'd be fighting in our territorial waters, with a supply line as long as the Atlantic. That's why Spain never was able to reclaim it's colonies IRL.
RP Interests: Alt-Hist, Space, 20th Century onward.
In the process of becoming a History teacher.
Center-Left-Libertarian | "Dirty filthy hippie"
Agnostic Atheist
Democrat
LGBT+

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:18 pm

Ahh. Probably in the beginning, till the 1600's. But Iberia would have represented a "safer" way to get technology, as it is both farther and less expansionist than China. And Britain would have been latched onto because Industrial Revolution/It isn't as threatening as China.

Some of this makes sense, some of it less so. I'll telegram you about it, alright?
Biden-Santos Thought cadre

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:18 pm

Senkaku wrote:
The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:Ahh. Probably in the beginning, till the 1600's. But Iberia would have represented a "safer" way to get technology, as it is both farther and less expansionist than China. And Britain would have been latched onto because Industrial Revolution/It isn't as threatening as China.

Some of this makes sense, some of it less so. I'll telegram you about it, alright?

Or hop on the IRC
I'm really tired

Baja California y Sonora
Minister

Founded: Oct 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Baja California y Sonora » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:20 pm

Terminus Alpha wrote:

Iberia can't do anything in the Western Hemisphere. He'd like to try, but then they'd be fighting in our territorial waters, with a supply line as long as the Atlantic. That's why Spain never was able to reclaim it's colonies IRL.

Then why not just take Cuba?

Kryskov
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kryskov » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:21 pm

Rudaslavia wrote:That is far from true. Federal monarchies can allow semi-autonomy amongst states.

Then you would all have to subject yourself to one ruler, and with Genoa, Sicilies, Venice, and the Papal States, I would highly doubt this would end well.

Kisinger
Senator

Founded: Oct 26, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kisinger » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:21 pm

Kryskov wrote:
Rudaslavia wrote:That is far from true. Federal monarchies can allow semi-autonomy amongst states.

Then you would all have to subject yourself to one ruler, and with Genoa, Sicilies, Venice, and the Papal States, I would highly doubt this would end well.

It's not going too....
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Don't you dare take my other 75% orgasm. I'm a greedy womyn, influenced by the cold hard erection of the patriarchy.

"First rule of leadership: everything is your fault." ~ Bug's Life

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:23 pm

Alleniana wrote:Another "republic"!!!...

Japan?

Genoa-Savoy
Rudaslavia wrote:
Kisinger wrote:Unifying Italy?!?

SEND IN THE HUSSARS!

CALT MARRY ME YOU PLEB

We ruled the continent once! IT SHALL BE SO AGAIN!

Morte a coloro che ci terrebbe a parte!

>not using Latin
:c
Rudaslavia wrote:
Kryskov wrote:HUEHUEHUE...oh...oh wait you're serious...

That is far from true. Federal monarchies can allow semi-autonomy amongst states.

I mean, it wouldn't be a far cry for the Italians to form a German Confederation-like thing, which would probably work better for them than for the Germans since their nations are mostly similarly sized. I would imagine that such a league could well defend against Catalonia, maybe Hungary, even, though not compete with "proper" GPs like France.

Senkaku wrote:Some of this makes sense, some of it less so. I'll telegram you about it, alright?

Or hop on the IRC

What channel?

The Kingdom of Glitter
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 08, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Kingdom of Glitter » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:24 pm

By the way Columbia's ambitions lie westward, not south.

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:24 pm

I am on the Kylaris Chatzy.
I'm really tired

Rudaslavia
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Rudaslavia » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:25 pm

Kryskov wrote:

In some way or another, yes. I never said that a unified Italy would fall beneath Tuscan authority. Besides, "subjecting" one's nation to another isn't always a stamp of weakness or defeat. Hell, Bavaria retained its own king and even had a standing army under the regime of the German Empire.

I'm merely interested in seeing what happens...
Friends call me "Rud."

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:28 pm

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:I am on the Kylaris Chatzy.

Oh, okay. I was gonna say, when did we get an IRC?

Well, I saw this after I TGed you anyways, so w/e
Biden-Santos Thought cadre

Kryskov
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kryskov » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:33 pm

Rudaslavia wrote:
Kryskov wrote:Then you would all have to subject yourself to one ruler, and with Genoa, Sicilies, Venice, and the Papal States, I would highly doubt this would end well.

In some way or another, yes. I never said that a unified Italy would fall beneath Tuscan authority. Besides, "subjecting" one's nation to another isn't always a stamp of weakness or defeat. Hell, Bavaria retained its own king and even had a standing army under the regime of the German Empire.

Ah but it also collapsed when the rest of the nation did...

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:37 pm

guys pls
It could easily just be some kind of Italian Confederation like the German one is; customs union, pledge not to fight each other, small federal army for protecting each other
basically a giant economic zone and mutual defence pact

Kryskov
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kryskov » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:38 pm

Alleniana wrote:guys pls
It could easily just be some kind of Italian Confederation like the German one is; customs union, pledge not to fight each other, small federal army for protecting each other

until honhonhon araghon comes in

The Kingdom of Glitter
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 08, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Kingdom of Glitter » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:40 pm

I did that in the North Italian Confederation back in Calt's 1853 RP Guns, Drums, and Steel. It's not illogical, but has to be done tastefully. It was a little more central with confederal elections and a parliament and such, but still.

But as I said, it's not impossible. It just has to be done properly aka not magically out of no where. And I'm sure the European powers won't like their spherlings in Italy straying.

Rudaslavia
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Rudaslavia » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:44 pm

Kryskov wrote:
Rudaslavia wrote:In some way or another, yes. I never said that a unified Italy would fall beneath Tuscan authority. Besides, "subjecting" one's nation to another isn't always a stamp of weakness or defeat. Hell, Bavaria retained its own king and even had a standing army under the regime of the German Empire.

Ah but it also collapsed when the rest of the nation did...

:palm:

It collapsed when the Treaty of Versailles intentionally ripped it to shreds. And shit, the French only designed the Treaty to do so in order to prevent Germany's military revival. Had Germany won the Great War (which it almost did), the Kingdom of Bavaria would have remained quite strong. The German federal monarchy was one of the world's most powerful governments. I pray Italy will follow a similar path. ;)

The Kingdom of Glitter wrote:

I did that in the North Italian Confederation back in Calt's 1853 RP Guns, Drums, and Steel. It's not illogical, but has to be done tastefully. It was a little more central with confederal elections and a parliament and such, but still.

But as I said, it's not impossible. It just has to be done properly aka not magically out of no where. And I'm sure the European powers won't like their spherlings in Italy straying.

Agreed. But I believe there is potential.
Friends call me "Rud."

Kryskov
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kryskov » Sun Oct 18, 2015 8:48 pm

Rudaslavia wrote: :palm:

It collapsed when the Treaty of Versailles intentionally ripped it to shreds. And shit, the French only designed the Treaty to do so in order to prevent Germany's military revival. Had Germany won the Great War (which it almost did), the Kingdom of Bavaria would have remained quite strong. The German federal monarchy was one of the world's most powerful governments. I pray Italy will follow a similar path. ;)

You misunderstand me. I meant to say that, were Bavaria a separate entity from the German Empire completely, then it wouldn't have suffered the same fate as the rest of the countries. For surely, if you throw your lot in with the rest and form a nation, you have to be equally willing to share the profit AND the loss.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse