NATION

PASSWORD

Tales of Two Horizons OOC-Open

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kryskov
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryskov » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:05 pm

The Industrial States of Columbia wrote:*@ Krys, I don't think you actually have aragon in aragon ;U;

Ik I cri evertime but u know how hard changing names is

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:11 pm

The Industrial States of Columbia wrote:(Image)

So, anything I need to look oer (I shall look up apps shortly).

*@ Krys, I don't think you actually have aragon in aragon ;U;

mushu pls

Some questions:
Is Holstein a Scandy vassal?
Will we be having 1848 Revs as IRL, and will it be in 1848?

The Holy Dominion of Inesea
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:26 pm

Reservation

Name of the State: Nobunage Shogunate(Tokugawa Shogunate)
Area to be reserved: 64
Code: 635
I'm really tired

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:31 pm

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:
Reservation

Hey hey!
europe naval gp + nusantara + japan = KILL SONG KILL CHINA take a bath of dead han

Rudaslavia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 28, 2014
Corporate Police State

Postby Rudaslavia » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:33 pm

Application

Name: Kingdom of Tuscany (Italian: Regno di Toscana)
    Demonym: Tuscan (Italian: toscano)
Symbols:
    Flag
    Coat of Arms
Claims: 34, with familial connections in the Papal States.
Power: Tertiary Power

Government Structure: Absolute monarchy, including a Crown-appointed "consiglio consultivo" of ministers. The kingdom is divided into eight administrative provinces: Arezzo, Florence (supervised directly by the sovereign), Grosseto, Livorno, Pisa, Pistoia, Prato, and Siena. The monarch assigns a title-holding governor to each province, but the majority of political influence lies with the Crown alone.
Ideology/Policy: Pan-Italianism, Italian nationalism, absolutism, economic and societal order, religious conformity, and technological development.
Leaders:
    King - Ignatius IV (Ignazio Maria Umberto de' Taura, House of Taura)
    Prime Minister - Ottone di Valerio (Ottone Teofilo di Valerio, Conte di Santa Fiora, House of Valerio)
Capital City: Florence

Population: 1,331,936
Primary Ethnic Group: Italian (roughly 96%)
Minority Ethnic Groups: Swiss, French, Austrian
Description of Ethnicity: A historically cultured and artistic people whose homeland served as the beating heart of the Renaissance.
Language: Italian (Tuscan dialect)
Religion: Roman Catholicism, which is officially endorsed by the state. Although freedom of religion is a protected right, non-Catholics (Muslims in particular) are often persecuted behind closed doors.

Foreign Relations: Prior to the French Revolutionary Wars, Tuscany was largely uninvolved with foreign dealings outside of Italy. However, after regaining independence in 1814, the kingdom became engrossed Europe's economic affairs. Tuscany is usually classified as a neutral power. Its monetary interests lie with neutrality, and the Florentine government has done everything in its power to maintain such a status. But the reign of Ignatius IV has seen a substantial rise in Italian nationalism. Under Ignatius, Tuscany has renewed its positive ties with the other Italian states and hopes to unify Italy once more.

The Tuscan government's secretive persecution of non-Catholics has created tension with the Protestant nations of northern Europe. Said tensions have not yet caused serious repercussions, but some politicians (particularly in Germany) are growing irked with the situation. The King's aspirations of uniting Italy have also put him at odds with the Vatican, which aims to defend its unquestioned rule over the Papal States.

Pro: Kingdom of the Two Sicilies, Republic of Venice, Piedmont-Corsica, Italian states (excluding the Papal States)

Friendly: Switzerland, Austro-Bavarian Empire

Neutral: Iberia, the Netherlands, Britain, Russia, most other nations

Tense: Kingdom of Prussia, France (which it somewhat resents for the Napoleonic Wars), Epirus, most Islamic powers

Hostile: The Papal States
Military Information: In recent years, Tuscany has become famed for its powerful navy. Emulating sophisticated Anglo-Dutch designs, the Tuscan Royal Navy (Italian: Regia Marina Tuscano) utilizes its modernized ships to maintain a sphere of influence across Italy's northwestern coast. During the Napoleonic Wars, the ousted Tuscan government continuously harassed French forces at Corsica until Napoleon's abdication.

The Tuscan Royal Army (Italian: Regio Esercito Tuscano) is considerably smaller than its naval counterpart. The kingdom's modest population size limits its capacity for an immense land force. Therefore, Tuscan officials have taken to a "quality over quantity" military grade. As of 1835, the Royal Army is looking to replace its standard issue flintlock rifles with breech-loading weaponry.

King Ignatius has also acquired recognition for hiring the elite Swiss Guard of Tuscany (Italian: Guardia Svizzera della Toscana). Highly trained and attentively loyal, the Swiss Guard acts as His Majesty's own personal regiment (and, at times, his secret police force).
Army Size: The Tuscan Royal Army is comprised of approximately 6,840 active troops. It is divided into three distinct corps.
    1st Corps (Primo Corpo di Firenze)
      -1st Line Infantry Division: 650 men
      -2nd Line Infantry Division: 700 men
      -Aretini Carabiniere Division: 500 men
      -King's Rifle Division: 270 men
      -Orbetellani Hussars: 490 men
      -1st Guard Artillery Division: 400 men

2nd Corps (Secondo Corpo di Firenze, nicknamed the "Corpo di Cavalleria")
      -3rd Line Infantry Division: 520 men
      -2nd Guard Artillery Division: 340 men
      -1st Montalcinesi Dragoons: 100 men
      -2nd Montalcinesi Dragoons: 200 men
      -1st Hussars: 370
      -2nd Hussars: 210
      -Sienese Lancers: 220 men
      -Divisione di Monteriggioni (Fixed-Artillery): 500 men

3rd Corps (Corpo della Svizzera)
      -Swiss Guard of Tuscany: 830 men
      -1st Florentine Rifles: 120 men
      -2nd Florentine Rifles: 310 men
      -3rd Guard Artillery Division: 100 men

Navy Size: The Tuscan Royal Navy and its sister component, the Tuscan Royal Marines, comprise the majority of the kingdom's military force. Tuscany is a major naval power, and it boasts an imposing fleet for a state of its small size.
    Tuscan Royal Navy (Regia Marina Tuscano)
      -28 Frigates
      -21 Xebecs
      -18 Schooners
      -7 Galleys

*The Navy hosts approximately 8,000 active personnel (including both sailors and marines).

Economic Policy: As the birthplace of modern banking, Tuscany places great emphasis on the maintenance of a strong economy. The kingdom actively promotes foreign investment and provides banking services to manufacturers across the continent.
Economic Situation: The Kingdom of Tuscany is amongst the wealthiest states in Europe. Its smaller military demands less fiscal upkeep, allowing for the dispersal of more funds into the market. But despite the nation's great prosperity, most of the affluence is concentrated on the upper classes. While booming cities like Florence and Siena enjoy the fruits of economic success, many smaller municipalities have fallen victim to the cruelties of industrialization. As the years progress, the rich become richer and the poor poorer. There is a buzzing sensation of unrest amongst the lower classes...but at this time, the monarchy dismisses the notion of revolt as both unrealistic and unfeasible.
Infrastructure: Tuscan infrastructure remained surprisingly intact throughout the duration of the Napoleonic Wars. Intricate aqueduct and watercourse systems have been constructed, and the kingdom's age-old roads have been expanded under the Taura. There is currently not a single railroad line in Tuscany, but King Ignatius expresses great interest in experimenting with such inventions.
Imports & Exports:
    Imports: Gunpowder, Eastern/North African luxury goods, metals, New World crops (especially coffee beans)
    Exports: Mediterranean crops, weaponry (mainly artillery and firearms), fine wines, horses
Currency: Tuscan florin

History: In April of 1478, the Pazzi conspirators of Florence succeeded in toppling the Medici regime. Lorenzo and Giuliano de' Medici, the de facto rulers of Tuscany, were assassinated on the steps of the Duomo. With the populace seemingly rallied against them, Clarice Orsini fled to Milan with her children in tow. After his men defeated the Gonfaloniere and Signoria, Jacopo de' Pazzi was made the unofficial Lord of Florence.

The coup sent a wave of infuriation across the Tuscan countryside, whose residents harbored substantial support for the Medici. The Taura family, in particular, was outspoken in their opposition to Pazzi rule. The patriarch of the house, Baldassare Albano de' Taura, eventually planned a counterrevolution to restore the "legitimate" Medici reign. In 1482, Baldassare and his Milanese allies marched on Florence. The Florentine Guard, whose allegiance to the Pazzi was already unstable, disbanded when the rebels breached the city gates. The Taura had the Palazzo Pazzi burned to the ground, and Jacopo de' Pazzi was hanged from the Palazzo della Signoria. In an attempt to further secure Medici authority, the adolescent Piero de' Medici was crowned Duke of Tuscany in 1483 (with Baldassare Albano de' Taura as his "chief advisor"); the move was protested by the Vatican under Sixtus IV, but Taura influence in the College of Cardinals prevented any significant intervention from Rome.

The "reign" of Piero de' Medici largely masked the mechanisms of the Taura, whose newfound influence over Florence now went unquestioned. And, in 1492, the family was presented with an even greater opportunity. The war between Naples and Charles VIII of France saw French forces amassed at the Tuscan borders. When Piero's indecisive response to French threats decreased his popularity, the Taura built up local support as "true leaders" by opposing Charles' demands of total surrender. After advising Piero to flee the city, Baldassare took control over the Florentine government and negotiated terms with the French. In exchange for allowing French troops to pass without resistance, Tuscan assets would remain unharmed.

Baldassare's competent handling of the situation made him a contender for the Florentine throne. Such a dream would soon become a reality. When Piero de' Medici drowned in 1494, Baldassare was crowned the new Duke of Florence. The Taura dynasty was born.

Critics viewed the Taura as usurpers, but the dynasty nonetheless continued to expand the power of Florence. Baldassare's son and successor, Baldassare II, conquered Siena in 1541. This resulted in the Duchy of Florence being elevated in status to the Grand Duchy of Tuscany. Roads were built, markets were stimulated, and foreign investments were bolstered under their direction.

The Renaissance was followed by a pattern of neutral success in Tuscany. Fearing the rising influence of both France and Naples, the Taura Grand Dukes consistently maintained a powerful naval force to defend their shores. Indeed, the Tuscan Navy was vital to the survival of both the nation and its ruling class. When revolution broke out in France during the early 1790's, Grand Duke Francesco VII ordered the fleet to blockade French southern coasts in an attempt to contain the unrest. The blockade remained for some time, but military pressure from Napoleon Bonaparte in Corsica forced the Tuscan ships to retreat.

Later in 1799, as imperialist ambitions in Paris multiplied, Tuscany was invaded by the French. Although the Grand Duchy boasted a powerful navy, its land forces could not withstand the military might of Napoleon. Francesco's army was annihilated, and the royal family retreated with the Tuscan Navy to Elba. There, the government-in-exile set up temporary base and began harassing French coastal garrisons at Corsica. Napoleon's several attempts at retaking the island were stopped by Francesco's fleet, further angering the French imperial ministers of Italy.

Meanwhile, the French established the Kingdom of Etruria, a short-lived puppet state, on the Tuscan mainland. Grand Duke Francesco's son, Grand Prince Ignazio, was secretly transported back to Livorno in 1805. From there, Ignazio began to rally the Tuscan populace against the Etrurian regime of King Charles Louis. A guerilla war of attrition ensued, and the failure of Charles Louis to put down the insurrection forced Napoleon to annex Etruria completely. A subdivided Tuscany was even less capable of handling the crisis, and Ignazio successfully continued about his campaign until Napoleon's downfall in 1814.

The victorious Taura family returned to Florence. However, the war-weary Grand Duke Francesco had grown sick beneath the pressures of politics. He died within a month after reclaiming the capital, leaving Tuscan leadership in the hands of Grand Prince Ignazio. Young and highly ambitious, the Grand Prince wished to make Italy unified again. After being crowned Grand Duke Ignatius IV, he initiated an inquisition to limit the influence of non-Catholics in the government. In doing so, Tuscan political authority became more centralized. And, to further encourage the notion of Italian unification, Ignatius wedded Maddalena di Savoia of Sardinia in 1816.

In spite of his aggression towards non-Catholics, Ignatius welcomed foreign nations to invest in Tuscan industry. The Florentine economy thrived, and the Tuscan government was finally able to fund the stabilization of its land forces. After taking the State of the Presidi by force in 1824, Pope Leo XII had Ignatius crowned King of Tuscany (thus creating the Kingdom of Tuscany).

Since then, the kingdom has continued to establish excellent relations with its Italian neighbors. Unlike his predecessors, who saw the other Italian states as competitive threats, King Ignatius sees great potential for alliances with Milan, Genoa, the Two Sicilies, and the rest of the peninsula. Above all, he wishes to bring the Italian people together; the personal gain of his family comes second. It is a progressive stance, but one that has bred tension with the Papal States. After the death of Pope Leo XII, aversion erupted between King Ignatius and Pope Pius VIII. Pius, knowing of the Tuscan king's pan-Italian ambitions, wishes to retain his control of the Papal States at all costs. Taura clergymen in the Vatican continue to wrestle with Gregory XVI for influence, and the diplomatic hatred between the two powers worsens every year.

King Ignatius is notorious for his strict absolutist views. His economic policies have unwittingly bred severe elitism in Tuscany, and he has taken to hiring Swiss mercenaries for the maintenance of order. Still, the Tuscan ruling class dismisses the potential for social unrest within the kingdom. The validity of such dismissals, of course, is up for debate.
Miscellaneous:
    The Tuscan Royal Family (House of Taura)
      King Ignatius IV (Ignazio Maria Umberto de' Taura), aged 54
      Queen Maddalena (Maddalena di Savoia), aged 39
        Issue:
        Crown Prince Leondardo (Leonardo Gioacchino Ippolito), aged 18
        Princess Annunziata Maria (Annunziata Maria Domineca), aged 16
        Princess Emiliana (Francesca Giovanna Emiliana Isotta), aged 15
RP Example: Likely Lads
Last edited by Rudaslavia on Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:39 pm, edited 14 times in total.
Friends call me "Rud."

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:39 pm

<not-a-co-op> are you sure you want to be emulating Anglo-Dutch designs? You're in the Mediterranean, it might be more efficient or cheaper to do galleasses or stuff rather than Atlantic bluewater ships. Though, I'm no expert on this period of Mediterranean ships.

Anyway, I'm Switzerland, welcome friend :P I was originally planning on supporting Venice to unite Italy, but they haven't apped yet, so I guess it depends on what the situation is; whoever the Swiss government feels will form the friendliest Italy will be whoever they support (and sell Trentino to)

The Jonathanian States
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Jonathanian States » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:46 pm

Alleniana wrote:<not-a-co-op> are you sure you want to be emulating Anglo-Dutch designs? You're in the Mediterranean, it might be more efficient or cheaper to do galleasses or stuff rather than Atlantic bluewater ships. Though, I'm no expert on this period of Mediterranean ships.

Anyway, I'm Switzerland, welcome friend :P I was originally planning on supporting Venice to unite Italy, but they haven't apped yet, so I guess it depends on what the situation is; whoever the Swiss government feels will form the friendliest Italy will be whoever they support (and sell Trentino to)

Not if I get you first, ho ho ho.

jk, I don't plan on killing you. yet.
Returned Nationstater -- You can leave Nationstates but Nationstates won't leave you.
Call me Jon, John, or Johnny, Jonathan or Jonnyboy, tJS and Jonathanian, with "states" or without.
This nation doesn't really represent my views and sarcasm is awesome.

Rudaslavia
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Rudaslavia » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:49 pm

Alleniana wrote:<not-a-co-op> are you sure you want to be emulating Anglo-Dutch designs? You're in the Mediterranean, it might be more efficient or cheaper to do galleasses or stuff rather than Atlantic bluewater ships. Though, I'm no expert on this period of Mediterranean ships.

I actually had difficulty finding information on Mediterranean naval designs during the 19th century. Given that I know much more about Anglo-Dutch/Western European/American ships, I went with that choice when creating the Tuscan Navy. :p Plus, the navy is basically the only thing that facilitated the survival of the Taura dynasty during the Napoleonic period. It needed powerful ships to resist French raids by sea.

But thank you! I hope you'll throw your support my way!
Friends call me "Rud."

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:53 pm

Alleniana wrote:
Reservation

Hey hey!
europe naval gp + nusantara + japan = KILL SONG KILL CHINA take a bath of dead han

...You understand Japan is incredibly irrelevant, right? Like, isolated, poor, nonexistent navy, backwards, no real reason to want to antagonize China and company.
Biden-Santos Thought cadre

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:55 pm

Senkaku wrote:
Alleniana wrote:Hey hey!

...You understand Japan is incredibly irrelevant, right? Like, isolated, poor, nonexistent navy, backwards, no real reason to want to antagonize China and company.

And this is why I didn't take Japan and was hesitant about joining in the first place. Uni-polar Asia = Wurst Asia.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Sun Oct 18, 2015 2:57 pm

WIP
Application

Name: Oda Shogunate
Symbols:
Claims: 64
Power: Regional Power

Government Structure: A centralized meritocratic bureaucracy handles most of the internal daily dealings of the Shogunate. Power is invested in the Imperial Palace and the rights of the nobility is devolved from the Imperial Authority. The political, economic, and social authority of the Shogun has been subsumed by the powers of the Emperor in the past few decades. At the same time, the Imperial Household and Shogun's Clan are nearly indistinguishable so this is more of a redistribution power within the same family, not a shift of power from one clan to another. There is Diet, which has only advisory powers and is composed of representatives from each Prefecture. Voting citizens are Christian, Male over the age of 17, and own land, a business, or have sufficient income. Prefectures retain nominal clan nobility but also have local Diets that have more power than the nobles. This balance allows the Emperor to have near absolute central power while keeping the nobles in check and the citizens pleased.
Ideology/Policy:
Leaders: Shogun Oda Shinji, Emperor (Oda) Ninko
Capital City: Nagoya

Population: 35,030,502
Primary Ethnic Group: Yamato
Minority Ethnic Groups: Ainu, Ryukkan
Description of Ethnicity:
Language: Japanese
Religion: Japanese Catholicism, Shinto

Foreign Relations:
Military Information:
Army Size:
Navy Size:

Economic Policy:
Economic Situation:
Infrastructure:
Imports & Exports:
Currency: Yen

History:
Miscellaneous:
RP Example:
I'm really tired

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:05 pm

The Jonathanian States wrote:

Not if I get you first, ho ho ho.

*signs mutual defence pacts even more wildly*
Rudaslavia wrote:

I actually had difficulty finding information on Mediterranean naval designs during the 19th century. Given that I know much more about Anglo-Dutch/Western European/American ships, I went with that choice when creating the Tuscan Navy. :p Plus, the navy is basically the only thing that facilitated the survival of the Taura dynasty during the Napoleonic period. It needed powerful ships to resist French raids by sea.

Hm, alright, yeah the Mediterranean was on the way down in terms of relevance in the 19th century.

Ok, hopefully indeed! :p Switzerland is pretty republican though, which will be a big problem with Tuscan absolutism... though, at the moment, it's a problem with pretty much everyone
*waits patiently for 1848*
Senkaku wrote:

MONGOL AND THAILAND REVOLT no tribute ...fukc ashol chinse kill. WARRING DYNASTIE SBEST PERIOD OF LIFE china cannot into unity CHina of BAKWRDS yurop ebst continentn.....TIBET+UK=INDIAN subcontinent into KILL CHINAE KILL CHINA remove remove Cnfucius worst philosopher Lao Tse cannot into Voltaire better Buddha better Buddah IS INDIA Dalaia Lama reincarnate remove Sino CHINA YOU WILL GET COLONISED china you will get caaught by gun and germ and steelecalifornia worst colony to americana cousin in california you can come live in our contreey....YOU MAY LIVE IN THE ZOO AHAHAHAH WE ILL GET YUO!!!1!!!

The constitutionals in Europe are France, UK, Hannover (?), Switzerland, Frankfurt and the other 5 free cities, maybe Venice, Papal States... anyone else?

The Jonathanian States
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Jonathanian States » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:10 pm

Alleniana wrote:The constitutionals in Europe are France, UK, Hannover (?), Switzerland, Frankfurt and the other 5 free cities, maybe Venice, Papal States... anyone else?

5 free cities? I know of 4 right now, and that's including Frankfurt. And isn't popeland even absolute to this day?
Returned Nationstater -- You can leave Nationstates but Nationstates won't leave you.
Call me Jon, John, or Johnny, Jonathan or Jonnyboy, tJS and Jonathanian, with "states" or without.
This nation doesn't really represent my views and sarcasm is awesome.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:11 pm

The Jonathanian States wrote:
Alleniana wrote:The constitutionals in Europe are France, UK, Hannover (?), Switzerland, Frankfurt and the other 5 free cities, maybe Venice, Papal States... anyone else?

5 free cities? I know of 4 right now, and that's including Frankfurt. And isn't popeland even absolute to this day?

Oh, yeah, true, I thought something else.
I'm assuming Frankfurt is a Free City, then there's Bremen, Hamburg, Lubeck and Geissen. Lucca is republic, though...

Rudaslavia
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Rudaslavia » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:12 pm

Alleniana wrote:Ok, hopefully indeed! :p Switzerland is pretty republican though, which will be a big problem with Tuscan absolutism... though, at the moment, it's a problem with pretty much everyone

Yeah, plus the unequal distribution of Tuscany's mass wealth already makes the place a hotbed for unrest. Of course, the Tuscan politicians currently regard a rebellion as "unfeasible" (but who the fuck believes the BS politicians spit out? :p ).

1848 is going to be a very interesting year in Florence. Should revolution occur, Ignatius will do anything he can to put it down.

That is, if I get accepted. :D
Friends call me "Rud."

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:14 pm

Rudaslavia wrote:
Alleniana wrote:Ok, hopefully indeed! :p Switzerland is pretty republican though, which will be a big problem with Tuscan absolutism... though, at the moment, it's a problem with pretty much everyone

Yeah, plus the unequal distribution of Tuscany's mass wealth already makes the place a hotbed for unrest. Of course, the Tuscan politicians currently regard a rebellion as "unfeasible" (but who the fuck believes the BS politicians spit out? :p ).

1848 is going to be a very interesting year in Florence. Should revolution occur, Ignatius will do anything he can to put it down.

That is, if I get accepted. :D

I'm pretty much waiting for it, not much else I can do but inane manoeuvering...
*builds universities, founds foundations, trains troops, reorganises military, builds navy, demolishes navy, signs pacts*

Rudaslavia
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Rudaslavia » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:14 pm

Alleniana wrote:
The Jonathanian States wrote:5 free cities? I know of 4 right now, and that's including Frankfurt. And isn't popeland even absolute to this day?

Oh, yeah, true, I thought something else.
I'm assuming Frankfurt is a Free City, then there's Bremen, Hamburg, Lubeck and Geissen. Lucca is republic, though...

You are right. I was referring to a modern list of Tuscan provinces, on which Lucca is included, when I wrote that. I removed it from my app. I'm glad you noticed that.
Last edited by Rudaslavia on Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Friends call me "Rud."

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:18 pm

Rudaslavia wrote:
Alleniana wrote:Oh, yeah, true, I thought something else.

You are right. I was referring to a modern list of Tuscan provinces, on which Lucca is included, when I wrote that. I removed it from my app. I'm glad you noticed that.

Oh, on that note, you might have to remove Massa and Carrara too, which I believe is marked Milanese on the map...
:/

Rudaslavia
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Rudaslavia » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:22 pm

Alleniana wrote:
Rudaslavia wrote:You are right. I was referring to a modern list of Tuscan provinces, on which Lucca is included, when I wrote that. I removed it from my app. I'm glad you noticed that.

Oh, on that note, you might have to remove Massa and Carrara too, which I believe is marked Milanese on the map...
:/

Good point. Looks like the RL Grand Duchy's borders halted at southern Lucca. I'll make da change.
Friends call me "Rud."

Postmaster-General

Postby The Holy Dominion of Inesea » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:26 pm

Senkaku wrote:

I mean I am assuming this is AH just given the scope of the nations we have, so there is no reason backwards and isolated have to hold true. I plan to have Nobunaga not get killed by Akechi and unify Japan and convert to Catholicism. Then, the country will centralize and open itself to the west. Bicol will supply food to support a growing population and the colonies raw materials.
I'm really tired

The Kingdom of Glitter
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 08, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Kingdom of Glitter » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:26 pm

Senkaku wrote:...You understand Japan is incredibly irrelevant, right? Like, isolated, poor, nonexistent navy, backwards, no real reason to want to antagonize China and company.

I mean I am assuming this is AH just given the scope of the nations we have, so there is no reason backwards and isolated have to hold true. I plan to have Nobunaga not get killed by Akechi and unify Japan and convert to Catholicism. Then, the country will centralize and open itself to the west. Bicol will supply food to support a growing population and the colonies raw materials.

Oh interesting pls do

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:31 pm

Alleniana wrote:
The Jonathanian States wrote:Not if I get you first, ho ho ho.

*signs mutual defence pacts even more wildly*
Rudaslavia wrote:I actually had difficulty finding information on Mediterranean naval designs during the 19th century. Given that I know much more about Anglo-Dutch/Western European/American ships, I went with that choice when creating the Tuscan Navy. :p Plus, the navy is basically the only thing that facilitated the survival of the Taura dynasty during the Napoleonic period. It needed powerful ships to resist French raids by sea.

Hm, alright, yeah the Mediterranean was on the way down in terms of relevance in the 19th century.

Ok, hopefully indeed! :p Switzerland is pretty republican though, which will be a big problem with Tuscan absolutism... though, at the moment, it's a problem with pretty much everyone
Senkaku wrote:...You understand Japan is incredibly irrelevant, right? Like, isolated, poor, nonexistent navy, backwards, no real reason to want to antagonize China and company.

MONGOL AND THAILAND REVOLT no tribute ...fukc ashol chinse kill. WARRING DYNASTIE SBEST PERIOD OF LIFE china cannot into unity CHina of BAKWRDS yurop ebst continentn.....TIBET+UK=INDIAN subcontinent into KILL CHINAE KILL CHINA remove remove Cnfucius worst philosopher Lao Tse cannot into Voltaire better Buddha better Buddah IS INDIA Dalaia Lama reincarnate remove Sino CHINA YOU WILL GET COLONISED china you will get caaught by gun and germ and steelecalifornia worst colony to americana cousin in california you can come live in our contreey....YOU MAY LIVE IN THE ZOO AHAHAHAH WE ILL GET YUO!!!1!!!

The constitutionals in Europe are France, UK, Hannover (?), Switzerland, Frankfurt and the other 5 free cities, maybe Venice, Papal States... anyone else?

*surrenders just to make the Grammar Genocide stop* :p
Biden-Santos Thought cadre

The imperial canadian dutchy
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The imperial canadian dutchy » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:31 pm

The Holy Dominion of Inesea wrote:WIP
Application

Name: Oda Shogunate
Symbols:
Claims: 64
Power: Regional Power

Government Structure: A centralized meritocratic bureaucracy handles most of the internal daily dealings of the Shogunate. Power is invested in the Imperial Palace and the rights of the nobility is devolved from the Imperial Authority. The political, economic, and social authority of the Shogun has been subsumed by the powers of the Emperor in the past few decades. At the same time, the Imperial Household and Shogun's Clan are nearly indistinguishable so this is more of a redistribution power within the same family, not a shift of power from one clan to another. There is Diet, which has only advisory powers and is composed of representatives from each Prefecture. Voting citizens are Christian, Male over the age of 17, and own land, a business, or have sufficient income. Prefectures retain nominal clan nobility but also have local Diets that have more power than the nobles. This balance allows the Emperor to have near absolute central power while keeping the nobles in check and the citizens pleased.
Ideology/Policy:
Leaders: Shogun Oda Shinji, Emperor (Oda) Ninko
Capital City: Nagoya

Population: 35,030,502
Primary Ethnic Group: Yamato
Minority Ethnic Groups: Ainu, Ryukkan
Description of Ethnicity:
Language: Japanese
Religion: Japanese Catholicism, Shinto

Foreign Relations:
Military Information:
Army Size:
Navy Size:

Economic Policy:
Economic Situation:
Infrastructure:
Imports & Exports:
Currency: Yen

History:
Miscellaneous:
RP Example:

Japanese Catholicism.......ugu~
His Serenity's Inquisition is very pleased.
e

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:37 pm

Senkaku wrote:
Alleniana wrote:*signs mutual defence pacts even more wildly*

*surrenders just to make the Grammar Genocide stop* :p

Get your "remove kebab" copypasta here, tailored to your design! Swiss made copypasta, 1 schilling each, tailored to you! Fresh, fresh custom "remove kebab" from Switzerland!

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Sun Oct 18, 2015 3:41 pm

Would Japan be interested in being a buddy of Glorious Mother Albion?
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919
Grand-Master of the Kyluminati

The Region of Kylaris
I'm just a simple Kylarite, trying to make my way on NS.

The Gaullican Republic,
I thank God for Three Things:
Kylaris, the death of Esquarium, and Prem <3

The Transtsabaran Federation and The Chistovodian Workers' State

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse