NATION

PASSWORD

Tales of Two Horizons OOC-Open

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Conwy-Shire
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Conwy-Shire » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:41 pm

Alleniana wrote:guys pls
It could easily just be some kind of Italian Confederation like the German one is...

nononononon - sorry, let me just clear my throat - honhonhonhonhon
Alleniana wrote: ...customs union...

But mah wine tarrifs
Alleniana wrote: ...pledge not to fight each other...

no, all your Mezzogiorno belong to us
Alleniana wrote: ...small federal army for protecting each other...

As if I'd let Sicilian lives be lost fighting for irrelevant northerners
Alleniana wrote:...basically a giant economic zone...

who needs an economic zone when you're sourced as owning >65% of golden lires
Alleniana wrote:...and mutual defence pact

nah-ah, that's what great powers are for

See, I'm a good little secondary power - love me great powers <3
Aurelian Stoicist
Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.

The Real MVP

The imperial canadian dutchy
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The imperial canadian dutchy » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:43 pm

Alleniana wrote:guys pls
It could easily just be some kind of Italian Confederation like the German one is; customs union, pledge not to fight each other, small federal army for protecting each other
basically a giant economic zone and mutual defence pact
moneymoneymoneymoney
e

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:43 pm

Tfw you can't decide whether to spectacularly implode the imperial court right this very minute, wait until the pressure of war does it, or have it not implode

Tfw you're just not feeling into the court politics

Tfw court politics is supposed to be like, ur thing and ur not doing it good

:/
Biden-Santos Thought cadre

Kisinger
Senator

Founded: Oct 26, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kisinger » Sun Oct 18, 2015 9:44 pm

Senkaku wrote:Tfw you can't decide whether to spectacularly implode the imperial court right this very minute, wait until the pressure of war does it, or have it not implode

Tfw you want China to die

Tfw it Isn't dying fast enough
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Don't you dare take my other 75% orgasm. I'm a greedy womyn, influenced by the cold hard erection of the patriarchy.

"First rule of leadership: everything is your fault." ~ Bug's Life

The Jonathanian States
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Jonathanian States » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:02 pm

Fancy map, I like. Also, the color-pallet roughly reminds me of some famous painting, I think.

Kisinger wrote:
Rudaslavia wrote:Not to be pushy, but am I accepted?

I'd like to start working on unifying Italy before shit hits the fan in 1848. :p

Unifying Italy?!?

SEND IN THE HUSSARS!

CALT MARRY ME YOU PLEB

Only Matrilineally, Calt, remember what I taught you of preserving our house!

Senkaku wrote:Tfw you can't decide whether to spectacularly implode the imperial court right this very minute, wait until the pressure of war does it, or have it not implode

When in doubt, toss in insanity. Also, when you think it might be fun, and it might be. ;)
Returned Nationstater -- You can leave Nationstates but Nationstates won't leave you.
Call me Jon, John, or Johnny, Jonathan or Jonnyboy, tJS and Jonathanian, with "states" or without.
This nation doesn't really represent my views and sarcasm is awesome.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Sun Oct 18, 2015 11:25 pm

>collapse China
>temporarily deprive Britain of tea
>Britain erupts into civil war, then mass insanity
>Britain becomes depopulated and irrelevant
>Europe beats the shit out of each other, nobody to restore balance of power
gg civilisation (colonials don't count)
edit: hey, Columbia, got an unnumbered full-size map?
Last edited by Alleniana on Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Elepis
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elepis » Mon Oct 19, 2015 12:21 am

Would anyone want to a member of their royal family member be Sultana of Egypt?
"Krugmar - Today at 10:00 PM
Not sure that'll work on Elepis considering he dislikes (from what I've observed):
A: Nationalism
B: Religion being taken seriously
C: The Irish"

The Greater Dutch Republic
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Dutch Republic » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:54 am

I shall reduce my army size to 5%. And while we are on the topic, I too am opposed to a Unified Italy. No one else wants it, and it would hamper trade. Nasty things, Italian Unification. Makes you late for supper.
Last edited by The Greater Dutch Republic on Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.
Australian Antarctica wrote:Sorry, I was Russian to be funny. Fine, I'll Finnish with them soon enough. Unless you are Hungary for more?

Conwy-shire wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote: ... but I'm about to be executed by my teachers in school...

Rule 1. If they try to execute you, execute them back

Gyrenaica wrote:Just maybe I might not see any nukes I may or may not buy off the black market and may or may not know that I may or may not have the possible launch codes that may or may not exist for the nukes that may or may not exist.

Liecthenbourg wrote:
Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States wrote:Does anyone know the term 'invasion of red tape'?

Excessive Communist adhesive.

Liecthenbourg
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Liecthenbourg » Mon Oct 19, 2015 4:55 am

Elepis wrote:Would anyone want to a member of their royal family member be Sultana of Egypt?

Ew nu.
Impeach Ernest Jacquinot Legalise Shooting Communists The Gold Standard Needs To Be Abolished Duclerque 1919
Grand-Master of the Kyluminati

The Region of Kylaris
I'm just a simple Kylarite, trying to make my way on NS.

The Gaullican Republic,
I thank God for Three Things:
Kylaris, the death of Esquarium, and Prem <3

The Transtsabaran Federation and The Chistovodian Workers' State

To understand European history watch these: Cultural erosion, German and Italian history, a brief history of Germany.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:27 am

The Greater Dutch Republic wrote:I shall reduce my army size to 5%. And while we are on the topic, I too am opposed to a Unified Italy. No one else wants it, and it would hamper trade. Nasty things, Italian Unification. Makes you late for supper.

Eh, plenty of Italians want it, and it would actually be a great boon to trade.
"Reduce" "5%", er, is this a standing, professional army?

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:46 am

Professional Armies are prolly 1% or less by this time
How to be legitimately recognised in NS? Be a proper Roleplayer.
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:56 am

Relikai wrote:Professional Armies are prolly 1% or less by this time

Yeah, like, even I've only got just over 1%, and IIRC IRL Switzerland had the largest army per capita in the world (other than North Korea, not sure at what time though).

Do recall peacetime though, you can be a little mobilised but it'll cost you.
Last edited by Alleniana on Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Conwy-Shire
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Conwy-Shire » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:11 am

The Greater Dutch Republic wrote:I shall reduce my army size to 5%. And while we are on the topic, I too am opposed to a Unified Italy. No one else wants it, and it would hamper trade. Nasty things, Italian Unification. Makes you late for supper.

hear hear, this Piedmont-Corsica chap knows what he's talking about; I missed second breakfast just thinking about Italian Unification :(
Aurelian Stoicist
Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.

The Real MVP

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Dutch Republic » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:24 am

Conwy-shire wrote:

hear hear, this Piedmont-Corsica chap knows what he's talking about; I missed second breakfast just thinking about Italian Unification :(

(It's Genoa and Savoy, or Genoa-Savoy)
Can I have 2% in the army? And during unification trade would be halted due to constant war, so no unification right now.
Australian Antarctica wrote:Sorry, I was Russian to be funny. Fine, I'll Finnish with them soon enough. Unless you are Hungary for more?

Conwy-shire wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote: ... but I'm about to be executed by my teachers in school...

Gyrenaica wrote:Just maybe I might not see any nukes I may or may not buy off the black market and may or may not know that I may or may not have the possible launch codes that may or may not exist for the nukes that may or may not exist.

Liecthenbourg wrote:
Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States wrote:Does anyone know the term 'invasion of red tape'?

The Jonathanian States
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Jonathanian States » Mon Oct 19, 2015 6:28 am

Alleniana wrote:
Relikai wrote:Professional Armies are prolly 1% or less by this time

Yeah, like, even I've only got just over 1%, and IIRC IRL Switzerland had the largest army per capita in the world (other than North Korea, not sure at what time though).

Do recall peacetime though, you can be a little mobilised but it'll cost you.

I'm not sure if I have roughly 1.2 or 1.5% but it's the historical ratio re-applied, IIRC.
EDIT: Just checked: 1.575% for the Landwehr, 1.5% for the actual standing army, both of those numbers re-appropriated from slightly earlier that century.
There's a reason Voltaire famously said what he did... /EDIT
Last edited by The Jonathanian States on Mon Oct 19, 2015 7:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Returned Nationstater -- You can leave Nationstates but Nationstates won't leave you.
Call me Jon, John, or Johnny, Jonathan or Jonnyboy, tJS and Jonathanian, with "states" or without.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:04 am

I can say with 100% confidence that I won't be getting an Iberia app up until Saturday at the earliest, as I have both the deadlines for my personal statement and the first draft of my history coursework in this week.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Elepis
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Elepis » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:22 am

So, Calt, we planning to invade Rum or is it just an abstract idea the Caliph and Queen have?

I no one wants to marry the guy who is both Caliph and Sultan, I will give him a Sultana from Kurdistan or Syria or something
Last edited by Elepis on Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:23 am, edited 1 time in total.
Not sure that'll work on Elepis considering he dislikes (from what I've observed):

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:23 am

Elepis wrote:So, Calt, we planning to invade Rum or is it just an abstract idea the Caliph and Queen have?

I no one wants to marry the guy who is both Caliph and Sultan, I will give him a Sultana from Kurdistan or Syria or something

Rum would likely be our final priority, we'd rather secure our territories from Venice and Epirus beforehand.
I'M FROM KYLARIS, AND I'M HERE TO HELP!

Elepis
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Elepis » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:26 am

Caltarania wrote:
Elepis wrote:So, Calt, we planning to invade Rum or is it just an abstract idea the Caliph and Queen have?

Rum would likely be our final priority, we'd rather secure our territories from Venice and Epirus beforehand.

Venice! then I can do something, with Epirus there is not much I could do. Would you even need help with that? Also, if Crete is conquered, could Heraklion be made a free port to Egyptian shipping?

On a different note, what would Egypt gain from conquering Ethiopia, apart from a sub-plot ?

Caltarania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Caltarania » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:27 am

Elepis wrote:
Caltarania wrote:

Venice! then I can do something, with Epirus there is not much I could do. Would you even need help with that? Also, if Crete is conquered, could Heraklion be made a free port to Egyptian shipping?

On a different note, what would Egypt gain from conquering Ethiopia, apart from a sub-plot ?

Unlikely. Capturing Crete from Venice is the kinda goal that makes good propaganda and shit. That being said, don't we already have a FTA?

More landz.
I'M FROM KYLARIS, AND I'M HERE TO HELP!

Elepis
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Elepis » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:32 am

Caltarania wrote:
Elepis wrote:

Unlikely. Capturing Crete from Venice is the kinda goal that makes good propaganda and shit. That being said, don't we already have a FTA?

More landz.

Yeah we do actually, I forgot

The Kingdom of Glitter
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 08, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Kingdom of Glitter » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:32 am

gib immigrants

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Dutch Republic » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:41 am

*rubs hands together*
Who's talking about war against Venice? I'd be glad to help.

Conwy-shire wrote:

Liecthenbourg wrote:

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Dutch Republic » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:43 am

All I want is Venetian Lombardy and Venetian Emilia so I can crush Milan between the two parts of my nation. Yo Swissland, wanna help me crush Milan and you get the Ticino?

Conwy-shire wrote:

Liecthenbourg wrote:

The Jonathanian States
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Jonathanian States » Mon Oct 19, 2015 8:50 am

The Greater Dutch Republic wrote:All I want is Venetian Lombardy and Venetian Emilia so I can crush Milan between the two parts of my nation. Yo Swissland, wanna help me crush Milan and you get the Ticino?

Considering this is a German-swiss state, I doubt they're interest in Ticino. But what do I know.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse