NATION

PASSWORD

Tales of Two Horizons OOC-Open

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Industrial States of Columbia
Senator

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby The Industrial States of Columbia » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:23 pm

Conwy-shire wrote:
Kryskov wrote:a) I meant not in the sense as you're applying it to Sicily and Catalonia.
b) My grandfather immigrated from Southern Italy. I've studied it vastly. If all Catalonian land is formerly Iberian, there is little to no basis for Sicilian claims to the land unless it submits itself as a vassal of Iberia. I doubt at this point that, if Sardinia was never imposed the Italian language by Savoyards in 1760, there is little basis for a de jure claim on Sardinia as a former part of Italy (the last time it being part of that entity some 500 years before the beginning of the RP).
c) I'm not saying that. If the Plantagenets had, let's say, a junior house in Frisia or something, the junior house wouldn't have any right to claim the French throne, or even part of France.

This is all I'm gonna say

Sicily ---claims----> lands you own

do you have an issue with that?

Your claims fabrication was detected!
Cobalt Network Signups-|-Cobalt Network Main Page
A Fan of Type II alternate history
-Dom Pedro II
-Queen Elizabeth I
-Our Current Pope
-Teddy Roosevelt
-Joan of Arc
-Giovanni Belzoni
-Nikola Tesla
Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished.

Kisinger
Senator

Founded: Oct 26, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kisinger » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:23 pm

Kryskov wrote:
Conwy-shire wrote:This is all I'm gonna say

Sicily ---claims----> lands you own

do you have an issue with that?

Yes.

I'll halp you Catalonia from Barbarous Italians
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Don't you dare take my other 75% orgasm. I'm a greedy womyn, influenced by the cold hard erection of the patriarchy.

"First rule of leadership: everything is your fault." ~ Bug's Life

Conwy-Shire
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Conwy-Shire » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:25 pm

Kryskov wrote:Yes.

then speak
Kisinger wrote:I'll halp you Catalonia from Barbarous Italians

but I'm not Italian ;)
Last edited by Conwy-Shire on Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aurelian Stoicist
Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.

The Real MVP

Kisinger
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Kisinger » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:31 pm

Conwy-shire wrote:

The we seem to have no pressing issue, for that is all the application says, albeit in a poor fashion
Kisinger wrote:I'll halp you Catalonia from Barbarous Italians

but I'm not Italian ;)

Nope sorry, your Siclian therefore Italian in the eyes of the Crown, puts you on the same level as Venice, must preserve the Region of Italy, which mustn't be a nation.

But in all seriousness.... Any Italian State becoming stronger in the Eyes of the Monarchy of Hungary is a threat to the Balkan situation...
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Don't you dare take my other 75% orgasm. I'm a greedy womyn, influenced by the cold hard erection of the patriarchy.

Conwy-Shire
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Conwy-Shire » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:33 pm

Kisinger wrote:Nope sorry, your Siclian therefore Italian in the eyes of the Crown, puts you on the same level as Venice, must preserve the Region of Italy, which mustn't be a nation.

But in all seriousness.... Any Italian State becoming stronger in the Eyes of the Monarchy of Hungary is a threat to the Balkan situation...

Then I fear after my first post we may become embroiled rivals
Aurelian Stoicist

The Real MVP

Kryskov
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryskov » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:34 pm

Conwy-shire wrote:

then speak

Is going back a page or two that hard?

Kisinger
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Kisinger » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:36 pm

Conwy-shire wrote:
Kisinger wrote:Nope sorry, your Siclian therefore Italian in the eyes of the Crown, puts you on the same level as Venice, must preserve the Region of Italy, which mustn't be a nation.

Then I fear after my first post we may become embroiled rivals

Mhm....

Welp....

FRANCE!
AUSTRIA!
PRUSSIA!
THE BRITS!

Conwy-Shire
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Conwy-Shire » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:37 pm

Kisinger wrote:Welp....

FRANCE!
AUSTRIA!
PRUSSIA!
THE BRITS!

c'mon bby, I just wanna be your ally
Aurelian Stoicist

The Real MVP

Kisinger
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Kisinger » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:38 pm

Conwy-shire wrote:
Kisinger wrote:Welp....

FRANCE!
AUSTRIA!
PRUSSIA!
THE BRITS!

c'mon bby, I just wanna be your ally

Then don't touch muah Balkans!

Conwy-Shire
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Conwy-Shire » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:40 pm

Kisinger wrote:Then don't touch muah Balkans!

but I have claim :(

how about I take the claim, then offer you half the taxes yearly from there plus the right to exercise a Neapolitan Army Group?

Kryskov wrote:Is going back a page or two that hard?

You're actually gonna make me justify this, aren't you;
seeing as most POD don't go back further than the 15th century (sorry if I'm wrong on that) I'm assuming that the trastamera dynastic conglomerate existed, which owned Spain, Aragon, Sardinia, Sicily, Naples and more - those territories were continually owned by the many various dynasties which ruled Spain at any given point - funnily enough the Bourbons were amongst those dynasties which ruled Spanish territory. Do I need to go on?
Last edited by Conwy-Shire on Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aurelian Stoicist

The Real MVP

Kisinger
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Kisinger » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:46 pm

Conwy-shire wrote:
Kisinger wrote:Then don't touch muah Balkans!

but I have claim :(

how about I take the claim, then offer you half the taxes yearly from there plus the right to exercise a Neapolitan Army Group?

Sure...

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:47 pm

The Jonathanian States wrote:stuff

Uh, well, I'm convinced, I just saw "At the beginning of the twentieth century, the fact that Silesians were part of the Polish nation was not questioned." and went with it. :P
Eh, Schleswig is the Danish speaking part, Holstein is the German speaking part. So there. :P

That's why Schleswig got partitioned into a German and a danish part, right?

No, well, you said that it depended on how I defined Schleswig and Holstein, so I defined Schleswig as the Danish speaking part :P

The province, not the duchy of Luxembourg, which is French speaking through and through (well, maybe a bit Luxembourgish speaking, but that's dying)

Obviously it's not the duchy.
Now, in the grand duchy there's this:
Languages of Luxembourg wrote:Upon the founding of the country, French enjoyed the greatest prestige, and therefore gained preferential use as the official and administrative language. German was used in the political field to comment on the laws and the ordinances in order to make them comprehensible to everyone. At the primary-school level, teaching was limited to German, while French was taught in secondary education. The law of July 26, 1843, reinforced bilingualism by introducing the teaching of French in primary school.

There's also this:
At the time of the Belgian Revolution of 1830–1839, and by the 1839 Treaty establishing full independence, Luxembourg's territory was reduced by more than half, as the predominantly francophone western part of the country was transferred to Belgium.

Considering the areas speaking french were split off, I'd assume what remained did not speak french..... seem reasonable?

These are all referring to the Grand Duchy which I said I'd annex...

stuff

*bangs head*
evtyghin is muddle ;_;
I made a response but it got endlessly tied up in itself, so delete 'tis.
Can you TG me your email? I'll start a google spreadsheet. I don't remember a lot of what I did and I'm a bit lost.
Though, I think you forgot Posen, and I still don't know why you didn't use http://populstat.info/Europe/austriac.htm and http://populstat.info/Europe/czechrpc.htm

http://populstat.info/Europe/germanyc.htm 28,237,000 for the German Empire in 1834 - for 1835, let's assume 28.5mil
Areas with populations of Germans outside the German Empire are Austria, Liechtenstein, Bohemia (let's say ~1/3, rounded down), Switzerland, Luxembourg and those tiny dots scattered around Europe (probably less than IRL due to no Austrians in Hungary, but still probably kind of present) [I'm not sure if the German Empire figure includes Alsace-Lorraine or not, I assume it does, but anyway, the difference couldn't be more than a million)
Areas with populations of non-Germans inside the German Empire are Posen/Poznan, Silesia (I don't know as much as you do, I'll put it at 1/2 for now because it's in the middle and I have no idea), and Schleswig-Holstein
So, going through our German Empire-based shopping list

+ + +
http://populstat.info/Europe/luxembgc.htm 175,200 for Grand Duchy of Luxembourg in 1839 - for 1835, let's assume negligible
http://populstat.info/Europe/austriac.htm 3,476,500 for 1830, 3,649,700 for 1840 for modern Austria - for 1835, let's assume 3.5mil (yes yes South Tirol is missing but shush, assume negligible; it's only just 500k today)
http://populstat.info/Europe/czechrpc.htm 6,340,800 for 1840 - for 1835, let's assume 6mil, multiplied by 1/3 for German population = 2mil
I'm just going to assume Liechtenstein is negligible :P
http://populstat.info/Europe/switzerc.htm 2,188,000 for Switzerland in 1838, taking off the handful of non-German cantons, it's about 1.5mil (you can see the calculations I did for it in my app)
Tiny dots scattered around Europe... eh, let's use them as an excuse to round up

- - -
http://populstat.info/Europe/germanyr.htm 1,233,900 for Posen in 1841 - for 1835, let's assume 1mil
http://populstat.info/Europe/germanyr.htm 2,858,800 for Prussian Silesia in 1841 - for 1835, 1.5mil?
http://populstat.info/Europe/germanyr.htm 803,600 for Schleswig-Holstein in 1841 - for 1835, let's assume 0.5mil (rounded down because Danes in the north)

So this leaves us with
28.5+3.5+2+1.5-1-1.5-0.5+0.5 (for South Tyrol, Liechtenstein, Luxembourg and tiny dots scattered around Europe)
=33, kurwa

though, I might have meant that the population of germans outside P and B is greater than either one, which could still be borderline potentially true
"the population of Germans in Germany minus Prussia and Austrobavaria is more than in those two"
I frankly don't remember, it's what I get for sleeping for not sleeping before 12:30 am for 6 weeks in a row

A) Civil war about federalism won by centralists, also Napoleon and the non-neutrality of Switzerland afterwards
B) Not precisely, but definitely a bit strange, what with republicanism and democracy
C) The world will learn of our ways of peace... by force, if necessary! Switzerland isn't neutralising, it's preserved its old aggressive streak
D) That's OOC, I want to watch the world burn :P

A) Y'know that at least historically Switzerland wasn't even a confederation until '47, IIRC.
B) Sure.
C) Mhm.
D) Let me explain.
---------Me joking about Swiss being the most orderly of all possible germans ------->
--------------Your head------------------------------------------------------------------------>

You did make me re-read this example, though, so thanks.

A) Hm? Is there a subtle difference between Confederacy and Confederation?
D) True, MFS

no sense is catalonia sicily claim, too many seazones ;)
Last edited by Alleniana on Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Conwy-Shire
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Conwy-Shire » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:48 pm

Kisinger wrote:Sure...

those ellipsis look ominous, so does the "sure" - in fact that whole post reeked of ominous feeling :p , though I would be happy if it wasn't ominous, yes/no?
Aurelian Stoicist

The Real MVP

Kryskov
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kryskov » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:50 pm

Conwy-shire wrote:You're actually gonna make me justify this, aren't you;
seeing as most POD don't go back further than the 15th century (sorry if I'm wrong on that) I'm assuming that the trastamera dynastic conglomerate existed, which owned Spain, Aragon, Sardinia, Sicily, Naples and more - those territories were continually owned by the many various dynasties which ruled Spain at any given point - funnily enough the Bourbons were amongst those dynasties which ruled Spanish territory. Do I need to go on?

You don't seem to grasp that I already know this and understand. The problem is that you're claiming that a junior branch of a family can inherit a claim when the senior branch is still alive and kicking without some sort of agreement. I understand how dynasties work (for the third time), but you do not.

The imperial canadian dutchy
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The imperial canadian dutchy » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:53 pm

Kryskov wrote:
Conwy-shire wrote:You're actually gonna make me justify this, aren't you;

You don't seem to grasp that I already know this and understand. The problem is that you're claiming that a junior branch of a family can inherit a claim when the senior branch is still alive and kicking without some sort of agreement. I understand how dynasties work (for the third time), but you do not.

The Orleanists claim the throne of France, The Legitimistes are still alive and claim the throne themselves.
e

Kisinger
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Kisinger » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:53 pm

Conwy-shire wrote:
Kisinger wrote:Sure...

those ellipsis look ominous, so does the "sure" - in fact that whole post reeked of ominous feeling :p , though I would be happy if it wasn't ominous, yes/no?

I'll see how favourable the Agreement looks once I keep the Serbians ass in a War hopefully....

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The imperial canadian dutchy » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:55 pm

Hungars gibe back Dalmazia and Ragussa plz
e

Kisinger
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Kisinger » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:55 pm

The imperial canadian dutchy wrote:Hungars gibe back Dalmazia and Ragussa plz

Over my dead body

Kryskov
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kryskov » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:56 pm

The imperial canadian dutchy wrote:The Orleanists claim the throne of France, The Legitimistes are still alive and claim the throne themselves.

Apples and oranges. The Orleanists had to have a violent revolution to overthrow the Bourbons and obtain a serious claim. That is neither applicable nor likely in the Iberia-Sicilies situation.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The imperial canadian dutchy » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:57 pm

Kryskov wrote:
The imperial canadian dutchy wrote:The Orleanists claim the throne of France, The Legitimistes are still alive and claim the throne themselves.

Apples and oranges. The Orleanists had to have a violent revolution to overthrow the Bourbons and obtain a serious claim. That is neither applicable nor likely in the Iberia-Sicilies situation.

Carlists and Alfonists
e

Conwy-Shire
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Conwy-Shire » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:01 pm

Kryskov wrote:You don't seem to grasp that I already know this and understand. The problem is that you're claiming that a junior branch of a family can inherit a claim when the senior branch is still alive and kicking without some sort of agreement. I understand how dynasties work (for the third time), but you do not.

You don't seem to understand what a claim is
Aurelian Stoicist

The Real MVP

Kryskov
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kryskov » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:02 pm

The imperial canadian dutchy wrote:
Kryskov wrote:Apples and oranges. The Orleanists had to have a violent revolution to overthrow the Bourbons and obtain a serious claim. That is neither applicable nor likely in the Iberia-Sicilies situation.

Carlists and Alfonists

Both factions claimed they were the senior line, whereas here one is clearly junior. Apples and oranges.

Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The imperial canadian dutchy » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:09 pm

Kryskov wrote:
Carlists and Alfonists

Both factions claimed they were the senior line, whereas here one is clearly junior. Apples and oranges.

Maybe true, but who the hell cares, their claims make sense WITHOUT dynastic shit, it's called taking more of Africa and securing the islands
e

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:09 pm

Kryskov wrote:
Carlists and Alfonists

both fruits
sorry

Again, regarding Austrobav, what are people calling it? I would have imagined that it would mostly be known as Bavaria, since it's a kingdom, which is more senior than Austria, an archduchy. It'd be like the Dukes of Normandy preferring to be called dukes rather than Kings of England (well, and Aquitaine and those other places)

Kryskov
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kryskov » Fri Oct 16, 2015 9:13 pm

Conwy-shire wrote:
Kryskov wrote:You don't seem to grasp that I already know this and understand. The problem is that you're claiming that a junior branch of a family can inherit a claim when the senior branch is still alive and kicking without some sort of agreement. I understand how dynasties work (for the third time), but you do not.

You don't seem to understand what a claim is

You don't seem to understand what an equivocation fallacy is.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse