NATION

PASSWORD

Tales of Two Horizons OOC-Open

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kisinger
Senator

Founded: Oct 26, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Kisinger » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:27 pm

The Kingdom of Glitter wrote:
Yaana Noore wrote:Or we could offer Louisiana to another member of your little coalition in return for destroying you.

1. Metagame lol
2. Columbia is your ally and our coalition members are the UK (who hate you), Prussia (who hates you) and Hesperia (who we are good buddies with)

We will be getting Louisiane, it depends on you how much more land you want to lose and at what cost.

Prussia hasn't said they will join yet though....
Nanatsu no Tsuki wrote:Don't you dare take my other 75% orgasm. I'm a greedy womyn, influenced by the cold hard erection of the patriarchy.

"First rule of leadership: everything is your fault." ~ Bug's Life

The Kingdom of Glitter
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 08, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Kingdom of Glitter » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:28 pm

Kisinger wrote:
1. Metagame lol
2. Columbia is your ally and our coalition members are the UK (who hate you), Prussia (who hates you) and Hesperia (who we are good buddies with)

We will be getting Louisiane, it depends on you how much more land you want to lose and at what cost.

Prussia hasn't said they will join yet though....

OOCly from what I remember of Jon and mines last discussion he is in. I just need to clarify icly what the Prussian benefits are so its RP'd properly as they will be doing the bulk of the fighting.

Terminus Alpha
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 10, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Terminus Alpha » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:29 pm

Yaana Noore wrote:
The Kingdom of Glitter wrote:There is no bidding war.

You have a letter in the IC right now from Columbia.

You seem us Louisane, or we declare war on you with the coalition we've assembled.

Or we could offer Louisiana to another member of your little coalition in return for destroying you.

If you're referring to me, I don't want all of colonial Louisiana and I'm not keen on antagonizing the only other major power in America.
RP Interests: Alt-Hist, Space, 20th Century onward.
In the process of becoming a History teacher.
Center-Left-Libertarian | "Dirty filthy hippie"
Agnostic Atheist
Democrat
LGBT+

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:32 pm

Yaana Noore wrote:Or we could offer Louisiana to another member of your little coalition in return for destroying you.

1. Metagame lol

Yeah, I was joking. But it wouldn't be metagame if you declared war, and we wouldn't be allies. We would be at war. Don't the Brits hate you also? You were rebels, remember. If you occupty Louisiana I could offer them the opportunity to gain Louisiana and help retake that rebellious old colony of theirs. What is anyone even gaining from giving you land? We're not the ones aggresively expanding. If fact we'e stopping you doing so. :p
Last edited by Yaana Noore on Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Kingdom of Glitter
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Kingdom of Glitter » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:34 pm

The Brits are apathetic towards us. It's the old politicians that are salty in my country.

The British from what I've gathered want to smash you among several other people, so.

Regardless, there's no reason not to sell me the land. Considering we are willing to pay a good penny.

The imperial canadian dutchy
Postmaster-General

Founded: Dec 31, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The imperial canadian dutchy » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:40 pm

What's a good size for the Modernized Venetian fleet? And Technology level of it?
e

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:52 pm

The Kingdom of Glitter wrote:The Brits are apathetic towards us. It's the old politicians that are salty in my country.

The British from what I've gathered want to smash you among several other people, so.

Regardless, there's no reason not to sell me the land. Considering we are willing to pay a good penny.

They already did smash us. In the past, anyway. We've gone from empire to kingdom and had a revolution as well. Louis Philippe pursues a pro-British foreign policy also, as do key figures. Or the Brits could help their rebel colony expand, who have never pursued British interests before, and who they had warred with just as recently as us.

Nothing can be done until I'm accepted anyway. As long as the offer is good there shouldn't be problems.

The Kingdom of Glitter
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Kingdom of Glitter » Fri Oct 16, 2015 6:55 pm

Have you happened to check the IC for the letter?

Would you consider those terms good?

The Industrial States of Columbia
Senator

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby The Industrial States of Columbia » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:02 pm

Cyrisnia wrote:
Reservation

Name of the State: Kingdom of Scandanavia
Area to be reserved: 8
Code: 635

Noted

Kryskov wrote:
Reservation

Name of the State:Kingdom of Valencia and the Catalans
Area to be reserved: 4

Just a note, can the name be changed? Having a toponym and a demonym in the name of the state seems a bit wonky.

Noted

and yes, you may change the name :)

Reatra wrote:Reserve Mali please.

I'm assuming that sense Mali still exists that West Africa is far more stable and advanced than IRL, as a non-fractured region means less slave trade.

pssst, yuse the reserve form ;U;

Western Pacific Territories wrote:Welp then.

Reservation

Name of the State: Kingdom of Belgium.
Area to be reserved: 6. (Number on the Roster)

(Remove everything within the (round) brackets - INCLUDING THIS...)

Noted
Last edited by The Industrial States of Columbia on Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:06 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Cobalt Network Signups-|-Cobalt Network Main Page
A Fan of Type II alternate history
-Dom Pedro II
-Queen Elizabeth I
-Our Current Pope
-Teddy Roosevelt
-Joan of Arc
-Giovanni Belzoni
-Nikola Tesla
Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished.

Western Pacific Territories
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 29, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Western Pacific Territories » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:06 pm

Am I accepted.

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:13 pm

@Britain

Split SouthEast Asia between us ploxxy ?
How to be legitimately recognised in NS? Be a proper Roleplayer.
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

Kryskov
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Kryskov » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:17 pm

I'd like an explanation as to how Catalonia can be claimed by Two Sicilies by "Bourbon succession."

Conwy-Shire
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Conwy-Shire » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:20 pm

Kryskov wrote:I'd like an explanation as to how Catalonia can be claimed by Two Sicilies by "Bourbon succession."

The Bourbon dynasty used to own your land... Sicily is ruled by a Bourbon
Aurelian Stoicist
Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.

The Real MVP

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:26 pm

Relikai wrote:@Britain

Split SouthEast Asia between us ploxxy ?

@Western barbarians do you have a death wish?
Biden-Santos Thought cadre

Empire of Gibraltar
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Gibraltar » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:29 pm

@Mamluks, what will happen if Russia invades me, you're both of our allies? And would you be willing to support me in the conquest of Central Asia?
"Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will live it's entire life thinking it's stupid." -Albert Einstein
Economic Left/Right: -0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.82
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature

Kryskov
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kryskov » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:41 pm

Conwy-shire wrote:
Kryskov wrote:I'd like an explanation as to how Catalonia can be claimed by Two Sicilies by "Bourbon succession."

The Bourbon dynasty used to own your land... Sicily is ruled by a Bourbon

Spain used to own my land. What is the precedence of this dynastic free-for-all?

Conwy-Shire
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Conwy-Shire » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:43 pm

Kryskov wrote:
Conwy-shire wrote:The Bourbon dynasty used to own your land... Sicily is ruled by a Bourbon

Spain used to own my land. What is the precedence of this dynastic free-for-all?

a) Europe is a dynastic free-for-all in practice
b) look at the Maps Thread for actual claims
c) Spain was ruled by a Bourbon (as detailed in my history) - and the Sicilian Bourbons are a junior branch of the dynasty
Aurelian Stoicist

The Real MVP

Senator

Mother Knows Best State

Postby The Industrial States of Columbia » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:45 pm

Kryskov wrote:
Conwy-shire wrote:The Bourbon dynasty used to own your land... Sicily is ruled by a Bourbon

So what were you going to rename your nation to anywho?
-Dom Pedro II
-Queen Elizabeth I
-Our Current Pope
-Teddy Roosevelt
-Joan of Arc
-Giovanni Belzoni
-Nikola Tesla
Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished.

Conwy-Shire
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Conwy-Shire » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:49 pm

The Industrial States of Columbia wrote:So what were you going to rename your nation to anywho?

*Territory of Sicily* would sound nice honhonhon

- but seriously, I really need to finish this first post
Last edited by Conwy-Shire on Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aurelian Stoicist

The Real MVP

Kryskov
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kryskov » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:53 pm

Conwy-shire wrote:
Kryskov wrote:Spain used to own my land. What is the precedence of this dynastic free-for-all?

a) Europe is a dynastic free-for-all in practice
b) look at the Maps Thread for actual claims
c) Spain was ruled by a Bourbon (as detailed in my history) - and the Sicilian Bourbons are a junior branch of the dynasty

a) I wouldn't call it that, at least not in the same sense as you're implying.
b) I've noticed but the reasoning behind it is unknown to me.
c) Right but that direct Bourbon (Iberian) line is the only one who inherit claims. It's illogical for Sicily to have the same claims as their Iberian counterparts.

@OP: Probably "The Kingdom of Catalonia, Valencia, and the Isles," but I'm throwing in some acceptable, though unofficial, names to help others.
Last edited by Kryskov on Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Senator

Mother Knows Best State

Postby The Industrial States of Columbia » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:54 pm

Empire of Gibraltar wrote:snip

Accepted, trusting you expand economic information as discussed ;)
-Dom Pedro II
-Queen Elizabeth I
-Our Current Pope
-Teddy Roosevelt
-Joan of Arc
-Giovanni Belzoni
-Nikola Tesla

Conwy-Shire
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Conwy-Shire » Fri Oct 16, 2015 7:59 pm

Kryskov wrote:a) I wouldn't call it that, at least not in the same sense as you're implying.
b) I've noticed but the reasoning behind it is unknown to me.
c) Right but that direct Bourbon (Iberian) line is the only one who inherit claims. It's illogical for Sicily to have the same claims as their Iberian counterparts.

@OP: Probably "The Kingdom of Catalonia, Valencia, and the Isles," but I'm throwing in some acceptable, though unofficial, names to help others.

a) I would call it that, though democracies are muddling up dynastic claims
b) research the history of every incarnation of the kingdom of Sicily and get back to me
c) claims don't disappear overnight - England was claiming France in its entirety through cognatic descent until 1800; when their last holding in France (Calais) fell in 1558
Last edited by Conwy-Shire on Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aurelian Stoicist

The Real MVP

Kryskov
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kryskov » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:12 pm

Conwy-shire wrote:a) I would call it that, though democracies are muddling up dynastic claims
b) research the history of every incarnation of the kingdom of Sicily and get back to me
c) claims don't disappear overnight - England was claiming France in its entirety through cognatic descent until 1800; when their last holding in France (Calais) fell in 1558

a) I meant not in the sense as you're applying it to Sicily and Catalonia.
b) My grandfather immigrated from Southern Italy. I've studied it vastly. If all Catalonian land is formerly Iberian, there is little to no basis for Sicilian claims to the land unless it submits itself as a vassal of Iberia. I doubt at this point that, if Sardinia was never imposed the Italian language by Savoyards in 1760, there is little basis for a de jure claim on Sardinia as a former part of Italy (the last time it being part of that entity some 500 years before the beginning of the RP).
c) I'm not saying that. If the Plantagenets had, let's say, a junior house in Frisia or something, the junior house wouldn't have any right to claim the French throne, or even part of France.

Conwy-Shire
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Conwy-Shire » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:15 pm

Kryskov wrote:a) I meant not in the sense as you're applying it to Sicily and Catalonia.
b) My grandfather immigrated from Southern Italy. I've studied it vastly. If all Catalonian land is formerly Iberian, there is little to no basis for Sicilian claims to the land unless it submits itself as a vassal of Iberia. I doubt at this point that, if Sardinia was never imposed the Italian language by Savoyards in 1760, there is little basis for a de jure claim on Sardinia as a former part of Italy (the last time it being part of that entity some 500 years before the beginning of the RP).
c) I'm not saying that. If the Plantagenets had, let's say, a junior house in Frisia or something, the junior house wouldn't have any right to claim the French throne, or even part of France.

This is all I'm gonna say

Sicily ---claims----> lands you own

do you have an issue with that?
Aurelian Stoicist

The Real MVP

Kryskov
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Kryskov » Fri Oct 16, 2015 8:16 pm

Conwy-shire wrote:This is all I'm gonna say

Sicily ---claims----> lands you own

do you have an issue with that?

Yes.

PreviousNext

Advertisement