NATION

PASSWORD

Tales of Two Horizons OOC-Open

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Yaana Noore
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Yaana Noore » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:07 am

Reservation

Name of the State: The French Kingdom
Area to be reserved: 2
Code: 635

Conwy-Shire
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Conwy-Shire » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:08 am

Elepis wrote:Is anyone interested in digging the Suez canal with Egypt?

Hell yeah, Sicily needs some pointless projects to blow the national economy on (not even sarcastic)
Yaana Noore wrote:
Reservation

... I don't think France was a monarchy in the 19th century, sorry
Last edited by Conwy-Shire on Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aurelian Stoicist
Waste no more time arguing about what a good man should be. Be one.

The Real MVP

Elepis
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Elepis » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:13 am

Conwy-shire wrote:

Hell yeah, Sicily needs some pointless projects to blow the national economy on (not even sarcastic)
Yaana Noore wrote:
Reservation

... I don't think France was a monarchy in the 19th century, sorry

Maybe...

PS: It was, Louis Philippe was King from 1830
"Krugmar - Today at 10:00 PM
Not sure that'll work on Elepis considering he dislikes (from what I've observed):
A: Nationalism
B: Religion being taken seriously
C: The Irish"

Conwy-Shire
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Conwy-Shire » Thu Oct 15, 2015 12:47 am

Elepis wrote:Maybe...

My apologies, the restoration slipped my mind
Aurelian Stoicist

The Real MVP

Conwy-Shire
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Conwy-Shire » Thu Oct 15, 2015 1:38 am

Conwy-shire wrote:

Conwy-shire wrote:
Application

Name: The Kingdom of the Two Sicilies
Symbols: Black Eagle - displayed; Denser Semy Fleur de Lis - a label Gules
Claims: Nation 37, claims most of the Kingdom of Valencia and the Catalans by Bourbon succession, also claims Spain by the same descent. Claims the Temporal lands of the Papal States
Power: toes the line between tertiary and secondary powers, can project sizeable power within the Mediterranean Sea.

Government Structure: Absolute Monarchy, though liberal reforms are on the horizon
Ideology/Policy: Expansionist pressure, Internal Development (Industrialization)
Leaders: Ferdinand II de Bourbon
Capital City: Napoli

Population: ~8,000,000 (wikipedia est.)
Primary Ethnic Group: Neapolitan
Minority Ethnic Groups: Sicilian, various north African
Description of Ethnicity: Italian-Dalmatian hybrid
Language: Neapolitan
Religion: Roman Catholic/secular in Italian territories - Sunni Muslims inhabit the inland areas of the African posessions

Foreign Relations:
- dynastic relations to Spain (friends)
- Ferdinand II is married to a daughter of the house of Savoie - Piedmonte (marital alliance)
- the Papal States owns a great amount of Neapolitan land (resentment)
- neutral to the Balkan states ("meh")
- ambivalent to Non-Italian Europe (opinion.exe failed to launch)
- cautious towards other Italian states (proximity = threat)
- no concrete alliances (So lonely)
- residual defensive alliance with Britain after the Defence of Sicily (Likes Brits)

Military Information: Whilst the Two Sicilies are not known for technological advancement, the state procured a lucrative deal with the English to strengthen the Italian front against Napoleonic France. Due to this, the Baker Rifle became the standard issue rifle (for rifle regiments) and Domestic production rights were soon purchased at sizeable cost to the state.

Standard infantry regiments use a local musket variant similar to the "Long Land Musket". Standing soldier quality is slightly above par, with irregular units boasting regionally acclaimed marksmanship aided by the Neapolitan variant Baker Rifle.

The Neapolitan Navy is not blue-water operational, but does operate in a green-water capacity - this allows it to project suitable power inside the Mediterranean theatre.
Army Size:
~62,000 professional standing soldiers; able to conscript the same number under duress
Army:
The Sicilian Army operates within 5 Companies (3 Infantry Companies, 1 Mounted Company, and 1 Mobile Battery Company) of 12,400 men each. The 5 companies serve as the master-pool of all professional soldiers, but when operating in theatre an army group is created utilising Divisions from each company.
1st Infantry Company:
Comprised of Sicilian Nationals, the 1st Infantry Company serves as the prestigious elite force of the Sicilian Army. The 1st Infantry Company is made up of:
- The Angevin Guard (250 men), The King's Personal Guard
- The New Model Guard (750 men), Ceremonial Guard - Honorary positions
- The 1st Line Infantry Division (3,000 men), Line Infantry
- The 1st Coastal Division (2,400 men), stationed in Apulia
- The 2nd Line infantry Division (3,000 men), Line Infantry
- The Highland Fusiliers (3,000 men), stationed near Benevento

2nd Infantry Company:
Comprised mainly of Sicilian and northern Italian soldiers, the 2nd Infantry Company serves as the mainstay of the Sicilian Army, protecting Sicilian interests closer to the cities and towns. The Company includes:
- The Calabrian Fusiliers (3,000 men), Line Infantry
- The 1st Foot Guard (2,000 men), "Heavy" Line Infantry
- The 2nd Foot Guard (2,000 men), "Heavy" Line Infantry
- The 2nd Coastal Division (2,400 men), serves in Syracuse
- The Neapolitan Fusiliers (3,000 men), Line Infantry

3rd Infantry Company:
The bulk of Sicilian power projection is undertaken by the 3rd Infantry Company, which is comprised mainly of African and foreign soldiers. The 3rd Infantry Company is not used as canon fodder however they usually fight on the frontline and sustain more casualties than the other companies due to a lack in equipment/training standards. It is comprised of:
- The Tripolitanian Fusiliers (3,000 men), skirmishers
- The 3rd Line Infantry Division (3,000 men), Line Infantry
- The 3rd Coastal Division (2,400 men), stationed in Tripoli
- The Sicilian Foreign Legion (1,000 men), line infantry formation
- The Tripolitanian Militia (3,000 men), Desert-conditioned skirmishers

Mounted Company:
Whilst The Sicilian army is more infantry-based they still hold a rigid cavalry tradition from their Angevin and (i suppose) Norman national heritage. The Company mainly operates in 2 halves, in Mezzogiorno and Tripoli, they are comprised of:
- The 1st Sicilian Hussar Regiment (2,000 Hussars), serving in Calabria
- The 1st Winged Lancers Regiment (2,500 Lancers), serving in Calabria
- The 1st Sicilian Dragoons (3,900 Dragoons), serving in Tripoli
- The 1st African Light Horse Division (4,000 Light horse), serving in Tripoli

Mobile Battery Company:
The newest and most experimental of the Sicilian Companies, the Mobile battery Company serves as a heavy support battery during a ranged engagement. Whilst most members are Sicilian there are some Africans serving in increasingly important roles, the Battery Company is comprised of:
- The 1st Sicilian Fixed-Artillery Division (3,600 men [?] artillery pieces), operates heavy artillery pieces
- The 1st Sicilian Harquebus Corps (2,000 men), name is not indicative of equipment
- The 2nd Sicilian Fixed-Artillery Division (3,000 men [?] artillery pieces), operates medium-heavy artillery pieces
- The 1st Sicilian Mobile-Emplacement Corps (2,000 men), irregular teams with smaller and more portable pieces
- The 1st Sicilian Battle-Engineers Corps. (2,000 men), small organised teams serving alongside Infantry divisions

Navy Size:
34 rated ships
50 unrated support ships
various merchantmen

~8,000 personnel over all boards, marines and miscellaneous - press gangs comparable to that of the British RN operate on a smaller scale towards a similar goal.

Economic Policy: TAX ANYTHING THAT MOVES... and trade, heavily focused on the cultivation, supply and processing of agricultural goods
Economic Situation: incredibly agricultural (ie. backward) - Apparently had 65% of Italy's golden livres (according to the 24th PM of Italy), Industry is seeing city-growth, especially typified in the Lazzaroni class of Naples, there is widespread poverty in the hills and hinterlands, although if measured against the serfs of other countries (all of the citizens of the Two Sicilies are nominally free citizens... what a joke) they would be quite well-off
Infrastructure: OTL no railroads, TTL there is a single railroad connecting Naples to Reggio-Calabria - Naples houses many academic centres technically open to all but restricted by tuition fees. Industrial output is on a steady rise but not fast-growing. Cities, large towns and major roads are paved after some fashion, changing from region to region.
Imports & Exports:
Imports luxury goods, standard trade composites
exports agricultural goods, viticultural goods, textiles
Currency: Ducat (Two Sicilies)

History: POD 1816
- 1815: Joachim Murat is deposed by popular support and British Intervention
- 1816: Ferdinand I is restored to the Throne and merges the kingdoms of Sicily and Naples into the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies
- 1816: Without influence from Austria, Ferdinand I is not forced to remain absolutist, rather turning to enlightened despotism
- 1825: after the uneventful reign of Ferdinand I, Francis I ascends to the throne
- 1827: Economic Reforms focused on standardisation across the two kingdoms comes into effect
- 1828: The first railroad in Italy is constructed between Naples and Reggio-Calabria, the latter of which becomes the staging grounds of the Sicilian Army
- 1830: Francis I dies, Ferdinand II ascends to the throne, delivers the ascension address promising liberal reforms
- 1832: Administrative districts are established, issuing legal doctrines such as the Rule of Law, Procedural Justice and other forms of equity
- Late 1834: An advisory chamber of deputies is set up, with elections due for early 1835 (male suffrage ayy)

Miscellaneous: Why does this exist?
RP Example: Must I really?

Technically Done

Me Done?
Aurelian Stoicist

The Real MVP

Alleniana
Post Czar

Founded: Dec 23, 2012
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Thu Oct 15, 2015 2:53 am

Conwy-shire wrote:

AH anyway :P

So, Switzerland will be trying for German unification under its own banner, or, if not possible, as a partner alongside others (Austrobav, Prussia). Anybody interested in getting in on things?

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Founded: May 17, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:45 am

Alleniana wrote:
Conwy-shire wrote:My apologies, the restoration slipped my mind

So, Switzerland will be trying for German unification under its own banner, or, if not possible, as a partner alongside others (Austrobav, Prussia). Anybody interested in getting in on things?

gib loan and sell gun
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Conwy-Shire
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Conwy-Shire » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:49 am

Finland SSR wrote:gib loan and sell gun

gib gun and sell loan pls
Aurelian Stoicist

The Real MVP

Relikai
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Relikai » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:55 am

Alleniana wrote:

Some help from the Dutch lady?
How to be legitimately recognised in NS? Be a proper Roleplayer.
In a community where knowledge should be used to uplift the teachable and be used as an interest instead of a necessity, the arrogant abuse of knowledge is interesting to watch.

The Jonathanian States
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Jonathanian States » Thu Oct 15, 2015 3:58 am

Alleniana wrote:
Application

Name: German (Republik Schweiz, Schweiz, schweizerisch)
Ideology/Policy: Republicanism, democracy, pan-Germanism, nationalism/patriotism, liberty/freedom; roughly in order of importance. All are generally both supported by the people and the government.

Ah, the smell of Anschluss in the morning.

The Intergalactic Russian Empire wrote:
Reservation

Name of the State: Duchy of Hesse-Kassel (technically it would be the Landgrave of Hesse-Kassel)
Area to be reserved: 23

This is what a country known as the BBB would now be saing "honhonhon" to.

Give me two-three decades to expand my sphere and I'll see what I can do. Before that you'll have to speak with France and Britain, probably.

Yaana Noore wrote:
Reservation

Can you hear the people sing?

Alleniana wrote:

So, Switzerland will be trying for German unification under its own banner

harharharharharhahrharhar
, or, if not possible, as a partner alongside others (Austrobav

Insert BattleOfKöniggrätz.gif
Prussia).

Mhm....
Anybody interested in getting in on things?

Maybe.

EDIT: Glit, in your letter that is also addressed at Prussia.... y'know that Prussia currently is an absolute monarchy, staunch defender of the old guard, has a monarch who ruled since before Napoleon's destruction, and would actually endorse threatening democracy..... Because, y'know, that's evil plebeian commoner pheasant stuff who actually shouldn't be getting uppity. /EDIT
Last edited by The Jonathanian States on Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Returned Nationstater -- You can leave Nationstates but Nationstates won't leave you.
Call me Jon, John, or Johnny, Jonathan or Jonnyboy, tJS and Jonathanian, with "states" or without.
This nation doesn't really represent my views and sarcasm is awesome.

Empire of Gibraltar
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Empire of Gibraltar » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:17 am

Empire of Gibraltar wrote:
Application

Name:
The Qajar Dynasty of the Sublime State of Persia (خاندان قاجار از دولت بلندمرتبه ایران)
The Persian Empire (خاندان قاجار از دولت بلندمرتبه ایران)
Persia (ایران)
Symbols:

Claims:
45, but holds influence over many of the nearby Tribes, and Khanates, extending it's influence over much of Central Asia.
Power:
Low Secondary Power, close to Minor Power status

Government Structure:
It is an autocratic government, with the Persian Emperor, or Shah, being an absolute monarch. However, there is a court of aristocrats, who are appointed by the Shah. Although theoretically the Shah could control everything, he often leaves smaller tasks to his council of aristocrats, and controls the grander things himself.
Ideology/Policy:
Isolationistic, Islamic, Autocratic, Anti-Imperialistic
Leaders:
Emperor/Shah:
Mohammad Shah Qajar
Prince:
Nader al-Din Shah Qajar
Capital City:
Tehran, Modern Day Iran

Population:
Primary Ethnic Group:
Persian, the main ethnicity of Persia, they are located mostly on the inland parts of the Empire.
Minority Ethnic Groups:
Kurd, which are mostly contained within Kurdistan in the Northwest of Persia.
Arab, which are mostly located on the coasts of the Persian Gulf.
Baloch, they are mostly contained in the Southeast of Persia.
And countless more.
Description of Ethnicity:
The Persian Empire is an incredibly diverse country with countless ethnicities.
Language:
Persian, as well as many other local languages, and influences from other countries, such as Turkic.
Religion:
The majority religion is Shia Islam, with Sunni Islam containing a large percentage as well.

Foreign Relations:
Allies:
The Mamlukes, and the United Emirates of Aden
Friendly:
Morocco, and Byzantium
Domineering:
Much of Central Asia, especially Khiva
Neutral:
Towards many of the European Powers, and the rest of the world.
Unfriendly:
Great Britain, Ethiopia, the Sultanate of Rum
Enemies:
Russia
Military Information:
The Persian Army isn't as modernized as most Europeans, and quite low quality, however, a modernization program is being discussed, and will bring about many modern innovations.
Army Size:
The army size is 35,115 people strong, and the army composition looks like:
19,230 Pikemen
8,370 Musketeers
2,550 Artillerymen
4,965 Calvary
As well, there is an elite group of 200 soldiers tasked with the personal defense of the Emperor.
Navy Size:
The navy is very insignificant and consists of 1 Ship-of-the-Line, and a small amount of smaller ships.

Economic Policy:
Most of the trade in Persia is based off Free Trade, and slave trade isn't uncommon, as well with many merchants going through Persia to get to India, putting small taxes on them allows Persia a quite significant amount of income. They are also selling the many silks of the nation to these traveling merchants. But as the trade isn't watched it can cause some crime such as extortion, bribery, etc.
Economic Situation:
The national coffers of Persia are quite full with gold. However, there is an extreme income difference, with very rich royals and merchants having very exorbitant things, while many people are barely able to afford to buy food.
This is causing a lot of resentments among the peasantry, and middle class. Imagine what happened to the Russian Empire. They wish to topple the autocratic government and install a democracy.
Infrastructure:
There is actually quite a lot of infrastructure in the major cities such as Tehran, and they are quite modernized as well, with rail line between the cities, but else where especially the deserts, there is no modern infastructure. Most people live in huts, in small villages.
Imports & Exports:
The primary imports of Persia involve food, and other similar items.
The primary exports of Persia involve Silk and it's assorted products, as well as other luxury goods.
Currency:
The Persian Qiran

History:
The current Persian Empire was born when Mohammad Khan Qajar, in 1779, after the death of Karim Khan, staged took over Iran and declared the Qajar Dyanasty of Persia. And declared himself as Shahahshah Mohammad Khan Qajar. He would unite Persia as he conquered all the major cities in Iran. After he took over power, he turned to Georgia, and the other Cacasus countries, and invaded them, bringing them back into Iran.
However, Russia also claimed these areas, and so invaded Persia a few years later. Taking Georgia, and a large part of Azerbaijan, before Persian troops in the mountains stopped them. After this they realized, an alliance with the Mamluks would be beneficial, and would deter the Russians if they invaded again. However, due to them allying the Mamluks, it caused very poor relations with Rum, who became very unfriendly. This would lead to the modern day of Persia, with Mohammad Shah Qajar as Shah of the Sublime State of Persia.
Miscellaneous:
N/A
RP Example:
1925: Nein Kampf, an RP by Australian Antarctica

Added some to the points, but I have to go to school, I'll try to add the rest after school.
"Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by it's ability to climb a tree, it will live it's entire life thinking it's stupid." -Albert Einstein
Economic Left/Right: -0.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.82
_[' ]_
(-_Q) If you support Capitalism put this in your Signature

Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 20, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:26 am

Alleniana wrote:

Tyrol is Austrian. Gib.
The name's James. James Usari. Well, my name is not actually James Usari, so don't bother actually looking it up, but it'll do for now.
Lack of a real name means compensation through a real face. My debt is settled
Part-time Kebab tycoon in Glasgow.

The Jonathanian States
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Jonathanian States » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:30 am

Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States wrote:
Alleniana wrote:AH anyway :P

Tyrol is Austrian. Gib.

Hahaha, silly, Austrian, Bavarian, Swiss, none of those matter, you're all just Prussians-to-be....
Sweet dreams now, soon all will be over.
Returned Nationstater -- You can leave Nationstates but Nationstates won't leave you.
Call me Jon, John, or Johnny, Jonathan or Jonnyboy, tJS and Jonathanian, with "states" or without.

Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Feb 20, 2012
Democratic Socialists

Postby Great Confederacy of Commonwealth States » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:32 am

The Jonathanian States wrote:
Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States wrote:Tyrol is Austrian. Gib.

Hahaha, silly, Austrian, Bavarian, Swiss, none of those matter, you're all just Prussians-to-be....

Bwahaha, fool! An Austrian-Prussian war will certainly be won by the Austrians. Anyone saying anything diferent is a fool for not knowing history. Also, an enemy of the state.
The name's James. James Usari. Well, my name is not actually James Usari, so don't bother actually looking it up, but it'll do for now.
Lack of a real name means compensation through a real face. My debt is settled
Part-time Kebab tycoon in Glasgow.

The Jonathanian States
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Jonathanian States » Thu Oct 15, 2015 4:38 am

Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States wrote:
The Jonathanian States wrote:Hahaha, silly, Austrian, Bavarian, Swiss, none of those matter, you're all just Prussians-to-be....

Bwahaha, fool! An Austrian-Prussian war will certainly be won by the Austrians. Anyone saying anything diferent is a fool for not knowing history.

Yeeeeeeeeah.... exactly, my friend. You most definitely are right. No need for you to recruit allies or increase your military. No sir.
Also, an enemy of the state.
*offers asylum*

The Greater Dutch Republic
Minister

Founded: Aug 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Dutch Republic » Thu Oct 15, 2015 5:16 am

Application

Name: Most Serene Republic of Genoa and Savoy
Symbols:

Claims: 5, 33 is claimed.
Power: Little to none.

Government Structure: Unitary Oligarchic republic
Ideology/Policy: Republican
Leaders: Florestan I, Doge of Genoa, Corsica, Savoy, and Piedmont, Prince of Monaco
Capital City: Genoa

Population: 941,000
Primary Ethnic Group: North Italian
Minority Ethnic Groups: French, Swiss
Description of Ethnicity: Italian. Pretty simple.
Language: Also Italian
Religion: Roman Catholic

Foreign Relations: Good with France, Switzerland, Papal States, Tuscany, and most Italian states, bad with Milan.
Military Information: Pretty much the same as every other country
Army Size: 90,000
Navy Size: 600 sailors, 100 officers(captains, first officers, etc), 300 marine forces
Frigate Beroldo, 44 guns.
Frigate Des Geneys, 44 guns.
Corvette Euridice, 32 guns.
Frigate S. Michele, 62 guns.
Brigantine Aurora, 20 guns.
Corvette Aquila, 18 guns.
Corvette S. Giovanni, 32 guns.
Brigantine Daino, 14 guns.
Brigantine Colombo, 18 guns.
Brigantine Eridanus, 18 guns.

Economic Policy: Capitalist, Trade-based.
Economic Situation: Decent economy, Italian states were known to be rather rich due to their central position between major Mediterranean trade routes. Most money comes from trade, and the cities of Ajaccio(on Corsica) and Genoa(on the mainland) are major trade centers and ports, with Genoa being the capital and Ajaccio housing the naval headquarters.
Infrastructure: First world European infrastructure system, education could use some improvement but overall relatively good infrastructure.
Imports & Exports: Exports: Wine, Cheese(not kidding, link here), other food products, resources, ores from the Alps
Imports: Fairly self-reliant, but imports exotic foods, materials, and other luxuries from other nations.
Currency: Genovino

History:
1672: Second Genoese-Savoyard War begins. Genoa, despite being surprised by the initial attack, pushes back against Savoy and begins to occupy Savoyard land.
1673: Genoese troops siege and occupy Turin, Genoese Navy occupies Monaco, Savoy moves capital to Chambéry.
(POD)French efforts to end the war fail, and France withdraws from negotiations to focus on it's own problems at home.
1674: Genoa annexes Monaco, Genoese troops crush Savoyard troops at the Battle of Chambéry. Savoy surrenders and is annexed by Genoa.
1675-1797: Genoa and Savoy is formed as a unitary republic of both Genoa and Savoy, not much else happens.
1797-1799: Genoa-Milan War. Genoa and Milan wage war over Piedmont(Piedmont not already occupied by Savoy). Geno-Savoyard Troops crush Milan, taking Piedmont. Relations between Milan and Genoa-Savoy remain hostile, and Genoa-Savoy claims the entirety of Milan.
1800-1835: The idea of Greater Genoa-Savoy is formed(it would later be called Genoese Irridentism). Greater Genoa-Savoy includes the island of Sardinia, the Kingdom of Milan, the Crimea, Catalonian Algeria and part of Catalonian Tunisia. The Doge of Genoa and Savoy adopts the title of Prince of Monaco to his name.
Miscellaneous: Not really anything else.
RP Example:
Shogunate of Shikoku-Kanto:

The Shogun Tokugawa Tsunayoshi sat on the Chrysanthemum Throne, the throne of the Japanese people, the great throne of the united Shogunates of Shikoku and Kanto, arisen from small city-states to a grand empire. With the clang of steel on steel, the mighty Samurai of the Shogun trained outside, with boys becoming men, and, for the first time, girls becoming mighty warrior women. In a break of tradition, the Shogun had, much to the chagrin of his Advisor and constant nagging from his wife, decided to allow a small group of 10 teenage girls into the Palace to train as Samurai. They would train for a decade, until the final ritual were they would become not women, but Samurai Warriors, great soldiers of the Shogun. The Great Shogun watched as a messenger ran up to the Palace, and one of the female Samurai was asked by her trainer to deliver the message to the Shogun, as fast as possible. She ran inside, bowing before the Shogun. "Oh mighty Shogun of Shikoku, Kanto, and the Japanese people, chosen by the gods and just ruler of the United Shogunates, a message is sent for you from the Dutch, men of Europe, of the Far West". The Shogun simply raised an eyebrow before speaking. "You may rise, chosen of the Josei Samurai. You as well are chosen by the gods for a great task, of being the first of the Josei Samurai. I can only hope you prove yourself worthy. What is this message from the men of the Dutch lands? Is it for trade, or war?". The Josei Samurai, named Aino, rose, before answering. "I will prove my country and family proud, and bring honor to my family name and the Great Shogun, fifth of the mighty Tokugawa. The Dutch men speak of trade. They wish for our ports to be opened to Dutch trade. If I may input my personal opinion...". She waited for the Shoguns approval, and when he nodded, she continued. "The Dutch have a mighty navy, and we do not. We could work out an agreement with them in exchange for some things: the Japanese would open their ports to Dutch trade and agree to support the Dutch colonial effort, and in exchange the Dutch would help the Japanese build a navy in the style of Europe, and allow us to claim the islands of New Japan(Philippines) for the Shogunate. This would allow Japan to expand to a favorable extent, and give us a base for future colonization". The Shogun nodded, and added something he deemed important. "I want another letter sent to the Ainu State as well. An alliance proposition. A mutual defence pact, against threats our two nations may face". The Josei Samurai nodded, running out to tell the messenger what to write. With the clang of steel on steel, the Josei Samurai once again began to train.

To the Dutch Republic:
To the Most Honorable Willem van Outhoorn, Governor-General of the Dutch East Indies,
His Majesty, the Great Shogun of Shikoku and Kanto, Tokugawa Tsunayoshi accepts your proposal for a trade agreement, with a couple of added clauses. Shikoku-Kanto has no navy, and we desperately need one to protect our island nation from attack. Shikoku-Kanto wishes for, in exchange for the opening of Japanese ports to trade, that the Dutch help us build a navy styled after Europe. We also wish for Dutch permission to set up a colony on the islands of New Japan, what the Spaniards call "The Philippines". I expect your response soon, great nation.

To the Ainu State:
To the leader of the Ainu Peoples,
The Mighty Shogun of Shikoko-Kanto would like to propose an alliance between our two nations for the mutual defense of the Japanese Island Archipelago. This alliance would benifit out two nations because of the dual threats of China and Europeam Colonialism. I expect your response soon, great leader.
Note: The messages to the two nations originally were in boxes, but due to conflicts with the application coding, the boxes around the messages were deleted.

Done.
Last edited by The Greater Dutch Republic on Fri Oct 16, 2015 1:25 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Australian Antarctica wrote:Sorry, I was Russian to be funny. Fine, I'll Finnish with them soon enough. Unless you are Hungary for more?

Conwy-shire wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote: ... but I'm about to be executed by my teachers in school...

Rule 1. If they try to execute you, execute them back

Gyrenaica wrote:Just maybe I might not see any nukes I may or may not buy off the black market and may or may not know that I may or may not have the possible launch codes that may or may not exist for the nukes that may or may not exist.

Liecthenbourg wrote:
Great Confederacy Of Commonwealth States wrote:Does anyone know the term 'invasion of red tape'?

Excessive Communist adhesive.

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:07 am

Finland SSR wrote:

gib loan and sell gun

oke
make pruss and austrobav anschluss of me pls
Relikai wrote:

yiss
germoney will renounce all claim on limburg and province (not duchy) of luxembourg and help you gib belgium if help
schweiz can into relevant

JONPLSWHYAREBREAKTHEFORUM

The Jonathanian States wrote:
Yaana Noore wrote:
Reservation

Can you hear the people sing?

Have I ever said; for muck-up day, I plan on gathering everyone in our year level to bring French/red flags and brass instruments they can plan and drums and sticks and stuff, and walking around the school in a mob singing that.

The Industrial States of Columbia
Senator

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Mother Knows Best State

Postby The Industrial States of Columbia » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:13 am

Yaana Noore wrote:
Reservation

Noted

Relikai wrote:

Could you perchance link your app, I know it was looking finished, but I wanted verification from you before going forward on looking it over officially.

Same with you Confederacy.
Last edited by The Industrial States of Columbia on Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:14 am, edited 1 time in total.
Cobalt Network Signups-|-Cobalt Network Main Page
A Fan of Type II alternate history
-Dom Pedro II
-Queen Elizabeth I
-Our Current Pope
-Teddy Roosevelt
-Joan of Arc
-Giovanni Belzoni
-Nikola Tesla
Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished.

Senator

Mother Knows Best State

Postby The Industrial States of Columbia » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:21 am

Conwy-shire wrote:
Application

Name: The Kingdom of the Two Sicilies
Symbols: Black Eagle - displayed; Denser Semy Fleur de Lis - a label Gules
Claims: Nation 37, claims most of the Kingdom of Valencia and the Catalans by Bourbon succession, also claims Spain by the same descent. Claims the Temporal lands of the Papal States
Power: toes the line between tertiary and secondary powers, can project sizeable power within the Mediterranean Sea.

Government Structure: Absolute Monarchy, though liberal reforms are on the horizon
Ideology/Policy: Expansionist pressure, Internal Development (Industrialization)
Leaders: Ferdinand II de Bourbon
Capital City: Napoli

Population: ~8,000,000 (wikipedia est.)
Primary Ethnic Group: Neapolitan
Minority Ethnic Groups: Sicilian, various north African
Description of Ethnicity: Italian-Dalmatian hybrid
Language: Neapolitan
Religion: Roman Catholic/secular in Italian territories - Sunni Muslims inhabit the inland areas of the African posessions

Foreign Relations:
- dynastic relations to Spain (friends)
- Ferdinand II is married to a daughter of the house of Savoie - Piedmonte (marital alliance)
- the Papal States owns a great amount of Neapolitan land (resentment)
- neutral to the Balkan states ("meh")
- ambivalent to Non-Italian Europe (opinion.exe failed to launch)
- cautious towards other Italian states (proximity = threat)
- no concrete alliances (So lonely)
- residual defensive alliance with Britain after the Defence of Sicily (Likes Brits)

Military Information: Whilst the Two Sicilies are not known for technological advancement, the state procured a lucrative deal with the English to strengthen the Italian front against Napoleonic France. Due to this, the Baker Rifle became the standard issue rifle (for rifle regiments) and Domestic production rights were soon purchased at sizeable cost to the state.

Standard infantry regiments use a local musket variant similar to the "Long Land Musket". Standing soldier quality is slightly above par, with irregular units boasting regionally acclaimed marksmanship aided by the Neapolitan variant Baker Rifle.

The Neapolitan Navy is not blue-water operational, but does operate in a green-water capacity - this allows it to project suitable power inside the Mediterranean theatre.
Army Size:
~62,000 professional standing soldiers; able to conscript the same number under duress
Army:
The Sicilian Army operates within 5 Companies (3 Infantry Companies, 1 Mounted Company, and 1 Mobile Battery Company) of 12,400 men each. The 5 companies serve as the master-pool of all professional soldiers, but when operating in theatre an army group is created utilising Divisions from each company.
1st Infantry Company:
Comprised of Sicilian Nationals, the 1st Infantry Company serves as the prestigious elite force of the Sicilian Army. The 1st Infantry Company is made up of:
- The Angevin Guard (250 men), The King's Personal Guard
- The New Model Guard (750 men), Ceremonial Guard - Honorary positions
- The 1st Line Infantry Division (3,000 men), Line Infantry
- The 1st Coastal Division (2,400 men), stationed in Apulia
- The 2nd Line infantry Division (3,000 men), Line Infantry
- The Highland Fusiliers (3,000 men), stationed near Benevento

2nd Infantry Company:
Comprised mainly of Sicilian and northern Italian soldiers, the 2nd Infantry Company serves as the mainstay of the Sicilian Army, protecting Sicilian interests closer to the cities and towns. The Company includes:
- The Calabrian Fusiliers (3,000 men), Line Infantry
- The 1st Foot Guard (2,000 men), "Heavy" Line Infantry
- The 2nd Foot Guard (2,000 men), "Heavy" Line Infantry
- The 2nd Coastal Division (2,400 men), serves in Syracuse
- The Neapolitan Fusiliers (3,000 men), Line Infantry

3rd Infantry Company:
The bulk of Sicilian power projection is undertaken by the 3rd Infantry Company, which is comprised mainly of African and foreign soldiers. The 3rd Infantry Company is not used as canon fodder however they usually fight on the frontline and sustain more casualties than the other companies due to a lack in equipment/training standards. It is comprised of:
- The Tripolitanian Fusiliers (3,000 men), skirmishers
- The 3rd Line Infantry Division (3,000 men), Line Infantry
- The 3rd Coastal Division (2,400 men), stationed in Tripoli
- The Sicilian Foreign Legion (1,000 men), line infantry formation
- The Tripolitanian Militia (3,000 men), Desert-conditioned skirmishers

Mounted Company:
Whilst The Sicilian army is more infantry-based they still hold a rigid cavalry tradition from their Angevin and (i suppose) Norman national heritage. The Company mainly operates in 2 halves, in Mezzogiorno and Tripoli, they are comprised of:
- The 1st Sicilian Hussar Regiment (2,000 Hussars), serving in Calabria
- The 1st Winged Lancers Regiment (2,500 Lancers), serving in Calabria
- The 1st Sicilian Dragoons (3,900 Dragoons), serving in Tripoli
- The 1st African Light Horse Division (4,000 Light horse), serving in Tripoli

Mobile Battery Company:
The newest and most experimental of the Sicilian Companies, the Mobile battery Company serves as a heavy support battery during a ranged engagement. Whilst most members are Sicilian there are some Africans serving in increasingly important roles, the Battery Company is comprised of:
- The 1st Sicilian Fixed-Artillery Division (3,600 men [?] artillery pieces), operates heavy artillery pieces
- The 1st Sicilian Harquebus Corps (2,000 men), name is not indicative of equipment
- The 2nd Sicilian Fixed-Artillery Division (3,000 men [?] artillery pieces), operates medium-heavy artillery pieces
- The 1st Sicilian Mobile-Emplacement Corps (2,000 men), irregular teams with smaller and more portable pieces
- The 1st Sicilian Battle-Engineers Corps. (2,000 men), small organised teams serving alongside Infantry divisions

Navy Size:
34 rated ships
50 unrated support ships
various merchantmen

~8,000 personnel over all boards, marines and miscellaneous - press gangs comparable to that of the British RN operate on a smaller scale towards a similar goal.

Economic Policy: TAX ANYTHING THAT MOVES... and trade, heavily focused on the cultivation, supply and processing of agricultural goods
Economic Situation: incredibly agricultural (ie. backward) - Apparently had 65% of Italy's golden livres (according to the 24th PM of Italy), Industry is seeing city-growth, especially typified in the Lazzaroni class of Naples, there is widespread poverty in the hills and hinterlands, although if measured against the serfs of other countries (all of the citizens of the Two Sicilies are nominally free citizens... what a joke) they would be quite well-off
Infrastructure: OTL no railroads, TTL there is a single railroad connecting Naples to Reggio-Calabria - Naples houses many academic centres technically open to all but restricted by tuition fees. Industrial output is on a steady rise but not fast-growing. Cities, large towns and major roads are paved after some fashion, changing from region to region.
Imports & Exports:
Imports luxury goods, standard trade composites
exports agricultural goods, viticultural goods, textiles
Currency: Ducat (Two Sicilies)

History: POD 1816
- 1815: Joachim Murat is deposed by popular support and British Intervention
- 1816: Ferdinand I is restored to the Throne and merges the kingdoms of Sicily and Naples into the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies
- 1816: Without influence from Austria, Ferdinand I is not forced to remain absolutist, rather turning to enlightened despotism
- 1825: after the uneventful reign of Ferdinand I, Francis I ascends to the throne
- 1827: Economic Reforms focused on standardisation across the two kingdoms comes into effect
- 1828: The first railroad in Italy is constructed between Naples and Reggio-Calabria, the latter of which becomes the staging grounds of the Sicilian Army
- 1830: Francis I dies, Ferdinand II ascends to the throne, delivers the ascension address promising liberal reforms
- 1832: Administrative districts are established, issuing legal doctrines such as the Rule of Law, Procedural Justice and other forms of equity
- Late 1834: An advisory chamber of deputies is set up, with elections due for early 1835 (male suffrage ayy)

Miscellaneous: Why does this exist?
RP Example: Must I really?

Technically Done

7,958,635 should be your population (This is what I mean by I like odd numbers :P)

Maybe some detailing on how you obtained your African colonies as well. Maybe move the railway later/ could you explain ooc what gave you a railway?
-Dom Pedro II
-Queen Elizabeth I
-Our Current Pope
-Teddy Roosevelt
-Joan of Arc
-Giovanni Belzoni
-Nikola Tesla
Great holy armies shall be gathered and trained to fight all who embrace evil. In the name of the Gods, ships shall be built to carry the warriors out among the stars and we will spread Origin to all the unbelievers. The power of the Ori will be felt far and wide and the wicked shall be vanquished.

The Kingdom of Glitter
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 08, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Kingdom of Glitter » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:27 am

Gib louisiane

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Founded: May 17, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:35 am

Mass-Produced Collar, what about my app? I did stuffs.
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:39 am

Requaestio; is Switzerland meant to have all of Baden or nay? The Palatinate was separated from Bavaria historically, and it'd make for good diplomacy and stuff (also I don't wanna have to calculate the population for that bit of Baden ;_;)

The feel when population is about half of the next relevant German state

How are we going with timescale? Jumping a few days/weeks per post?

Senkaku
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Senkaku » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:42 am

Alleniana wrote:

Pretty much. Just keep it reasonable.
Biden-Santos Thought cadre

Senator

Mother Knows Best State

Postby The Industrial States of Columbia » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:51 am

Alleniana wrote:Requaestio; is Switzerland meant to have all of Baden or nay? The Palatinate was separated from Bavaria historically, and it'd make for good diplomacy and stuff (also I don't wanna have to calculate the population for that bit of Baden ;_;)

aggg, fine, but mai sleek A-B
-Dom Pedro II
-Queen Elizabeth I
-Our Current Pope
-Teddy Roosevelt
-Joan of Arc
-Giovanni Belzoni
-Nikola Tesla

Alleniana
Post Czar

Left-wing Utopia

Postby Alleniana » Thu Oct 15, 2015 6:54 am

The Industrial States of Columbia wrote:
Alleniana wrote:Requaestio; is Switzerland meant to have all of Baden or nay? The Palatinate was separated from Bavaria historically, and it'd make for good diplomacy and stuff (also I don't wanna have to calculate the population for that bit of Baden ;_;)

aggg, fine, but mai sleek A-B

yeeee
Did some more work on my app, but the fact that I nearly just typed "app on my work" proves I need to sleep. Bye!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse