NATION

PASSWORD

Age of Shinobi (Naruto, IC, Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Mon Oct 05, 2015 5:36 pm

Kei Uzumaki
I stood at the main gate, waiting on my team mates to arrive. And seeing as one was a Nara, I figured I'd have to wait a while, I scanned over a few of the other genin assembled here, as I guessed there were a few from all over. However I had yet to see Shinobu, perhaps because she blended in so well. A lock of red hair fell into my eye and I frowned, before blowing it out of the way. The same that could be said for Shinobu could not be said the same for me. I went through a mental checklist of things I had, all of which were kept in storage seals on various scrolls strapped to my belt. I had also packed a few preset Adamantine Chains seals just in case. All in all I was as ready as I could be, now I returned to the waiting game.

Revan Nagase
The two of us glared at each other, waiting for the other to move. This match was one that I had been waiting for, I was confident enough to know I wouldn't receive as big of a beatdown as I did the last time we tried this.

Sensei called out from across the field, "Are you ready my student?"

As I channeled chakra into the appropriate areas of my body to use Juggernaut, I replied, "As ready as I'm going to be."

A simple nod was all the warning I got before a blur across my psuedo-vision slammed it's fist into my chest. I felt the stone like armor coating me crack as I was launched back a few meters, I landed with a slight tremble in the ground. I stood and pressed the attack. I sprang forward and threw a kick towards Dust-sensei's head, she blocked the strike with her arm, it felt like I had just kicked a steel rod, but I ignored the pain. She grabbed the limb and aimed a punch for my groin, I replied to the gesture with a strike to the face with my free leg. The shot connected as I fell on my back with a slight amount of dust being kicked up.

Dust threw a punch at my head and I barely twitched to the side, the impact left the ground fractured and my ear ringing. Seeing this as an advantage I grabbed her arm and rolled, she came to the ground and I pressed both my legs against her chest as I had her arm in a death grip. Both of us pulled, me so I could dislocate her elbow, and her so she could avoid having to deal with a useless limb for the fights remainder. I was losing the tug of war so I did one of the few things I had over nearly everyone else: I activated the first two inner gates. Although the effort was anything but easy, I still prevailed and her arm bent awkwardly with an unhealthy pop.

She barely made a noise to her credit, but that was to be expected. She then proceeded to do the same as me and activated a few gates before picking me up and throwing me, all I knew was that I flew through a couple trees and felt a few ribs crack. I blacked out for a few seconds at most and stood. We glared at each other again, each with our own wounds now. We continued the fight for the next few hours, before both of us were too injured to continue.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Tue Oct 06, 2015 11:36 am

The Rebel Alliances wrote:
Renzata Hirotai-43 Yrs-Tsuchikage

My eyes scanned past the scene of the people moving drearily about the village, as if they were living in Kirigakure. While peace has resulted in a time of comfort for most, for us here in Iwa, at least for the last thirty years, it has meant merely the absence of obvious conflict. Many of the other Hidden Villages, have adopted well to peace, altering their ways of doing business and managing to convince their nations to continue to support their existence. Their village economies shifting to adapt to the peaceful world. For if we no longer receive our sustenance from taking contracts and jobs from our nations, then what money do we receive. Villages like Suna and Konoha are natural trade hubs, and so they have been able to survive without conflict. But Iwagakure, is a village not in a suitable location for trade, and we have lost much influence and our population is a fragment of what it was just fifty years ago. I closed my eyes and sighed, as I heard the knock upon my door signalling the arrival of the Lord of the Land of Earth, who has come to see me and discuss the future of our mutual relationship between Iwagakure and the Land of Earth. I turned around sharply from the outside and walked back in from my balcony, the wind upon my face was not felt upon my burnt flesh.

I had lost much of the feeling of the right side of my face. My strut back into the room of the Tsuchikage room where my own desk was flanked on both sides by the busts of various Kage of the past. I stood next to my desk so that I could greet my guest properly, the door slid open and the weathered man who stepped in was double my own age, his skin hung over his bones and his greying and thin hair barely covered his scalp as his wrinkled face belied the warmth of the man's smile. His physical appearance was beset by his own very expensive wardrobe, the fine silks hung from him as gently like a waterfall over a stream. I bowed politely as I invited him in.

"Ukaji, Lord of the Land of Fire, welcome to Iwa." His smile widened as he responded as he took his seat across from me as we both positioned ourselves in a sitting position.

"I should not need to tell you that we need not hang on protocol here old friend. Ukaji will do just fine Renzata-san." I gave a slight grin of resignation as I held a hand up.

"Of course old friend, although, I do wish we were meeting under better circumstances." He gave a slight nod of agreement as he unwrapped a scroll and allowed me to read it as he explained.

"As you can see, the contracts and services that have been given to Iwagakure by citizens of my nation have decreased over 39% in the last five years alone. In these times of stability, your clans and shinobi spend their efforts on maintaining gardens, discarding garbage and many other D-Rank assignments. As you and I both know, a Shinobi village cannot survive on such menial jobs alone. There is simply no demand for seeking your for missions of A or S-Rank anymore...assassination, espionage and other such activities which fueled Iwa's economy in years past...simply is not required anymore. And truthfully Renzata, I am not sure if I should be grateful for such news or mourning." He closed his eyes in rest as I listened to him respectfully. Responding in kind.

"One must never mourn for sake of having peace Ukaji." He clasped his hands together, likely to wake his old bones back up.

"Of course, which brings me to my next point....the matter we discussed last time....of the inhabitants of Iwagakure joining the rest of the Land of Earth." This was news I did not wish to hear, he referred to our village formally becoming just another village of the nation, forsaking our role in the Shinobi world and forsaking our lifestyle.

I had prepared for such a discussion, and then made my move.

"There is the matter of the Chunin Exams-" He passively waved me off.

"A trivial affair in the scheme of things. What would another exam change for your village?"

"It is true, we have lost many of our shinobi and citizens, and thus because of our dwindling numbers we have had to focus on sharpening the quality of all of our remaining shinobi, if we can perform above the level of the other villages, then we can bring commerce and business back into Iwa for growth." A long moment passed, and he seemed to relent.

"For you my old friend, I will allow you some time to prove that the Land of Earth still has need of Iwagakure, but consider my offer, times are changing, and soon the Shinobi will have to change with them." We both stood and bid farewell, and as he left the office a communication eagle flew into the office, and carrying a message tied to it's clawed foot, I swiftly unwrapped the message and read it to myself, my renowned poker face lifted as I read the news.

Konohagakure...has been attacked by the Nine Tails...
Aidannadia wrote:Suzu Kangosotsu

Suzu was a woman of great skill, and as the muffled speech from the room behind her continued in conversation, she need not used these skills to know what said conversation was about. Being close to the Tsuchikage meant that she had an understanding of the state of Iwa; she experienced first hand the sharp decline of missions for herself. Targets dwindled day after day, but new ones forgot to appear.

As the Lord exited the room, the Tsuchikage called her in, "Suzu Kangosotsu!" It was not a second that it took the Iwa ANBU to pass through the wall with a step backwards through the wall, her form in the hallway melting through to the Kage's chamber.

"Isao Yuki is on his way, Tsuchikage." Suzu said, her face obscured by her hood and mask.

"Be sure to send him in as soon as he arrives, and I will need to speak to both of you together. It seems your skills may just be needed for this year's Exams Suzu...." As he gave the woman her command, Renzata quickly turned and asked a question of personal importance.

"Tell me, how is Souma performing?"

She nodded behind her mask. "Souma is making progress. He definitely is as smart as his father and inherited my..." She paused as if trying to think of the right word, "...elusive nature." It was this same elusive nature in Suzu that required her to have an escape plan at all times. It had been called irrational and paranoid by some, but it had saved her on many occasions. It would save her right now, given the fact that the form that the Tsuchikage was actively talking with was a clone, while the real Suzu was still melded within the wall. This was a regular practice. Guards were often killed or dodged with little trouble. This eliminated that danger.

"He still needs to improve of course, but it won't be long until he begins to rival myself in power, Tsuchikage." Sloppy. He's sloppy. That Yuki bloke doesn't work him hard enough; he's too soft. A week in a cave might change... No, his training isn't your jurisdiction anymore. He'll work out his own path; I'm sure. He'll become stronger than me. Stronger than Daichi. Stronger for the village. Tears did not flow at the thought of her late husband. Tears were a sign of weakness. They were a mistake.

"I trust your meeting went well, sir?"

Isao passed through the door to Renzata's office. "Good morning, Tsuchikage. All the preparations are in order to leave for Konoha." Straight to business, as usual. "As well as Ryoichi, I've gathered a number of jonin to help me keep tabs on him. I believe we have at more than five genin teams participating, but honestly? I only see two or three doing well. Two or three in specific: my team, and possibly Aoi Ritsu's." That was all Isao had to say right now. Honestly? He should finish readying for travel instead of reporting himself to the Tsuchikage himself. But he hadn't seen Ranzata in such a long time. As for Suzu... he could go without her.

Sonitusia wrote:
Shyluz wrote:
Okazaki Yuuki
Formerly Jinmeiyo

A pocket watch dangled from one of his pockets and it proudly wore the emblem of the Okazakis as it performed the function it was made for. Yuuki set the watch back in the designated pocket as he saw Shinko exit the compound. He sighed, and picked up the messenger bag which was on the ground next to him. Inside were all of the necessities -- snacks, spare clothes, and a hell of a lot of steelribbon.

"Good morning, Ojou-sama." Yuuki said idly as Ritsu walked down the street towards them.

"Ah, good morning. Sorry I forgot about you, Yuuki," Shinko replied, slowing down and walking with the boy. She could still feel the same emotion from last night emanating from him, and awkwardly rubbed her hands together in thought. Looking at him, it seemed he didn't get any sleep either. Or he started putting on eye shadow. Either answer was equally disturbing. She decided asking about it wouldn't be of any help, but her heart decided to speak anyways.

"So uhm... Couldn't get any sleep?" she asked nervously.

Shinko and Yuuki continued walking, ending up at the front gate of Iwagakure. At the gate, were close to twenty young genin and almost a dozen jonin prepping to leave. Sitting by himself, Ryo was watching all the other young ninja ready themselves, and sighed, a mixture of content and longing. Then he noticed Shinko and Yuuki arriving, and waved them over to him. "Oi! Shinko! Mornin'!"
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

Aidannadia
Senator

Founded: Nov 08, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Aidannadia » Tue Oct 06, 2015 7:46 pm

Blood. Fire. Failure. Death. Blame. Isolation.

Souma's dreams often went something like this, but last night was particularly... vivid to say the least. "I must be nervous." He stated simply as he left the empty house, passed the garden, and continued through the streets of Iwa. The genin took in the sights of the village one last time, hoping that he would return as a new ninja; a Chuunin and finally making an important milestone in his journey to excellence, and subsequent perfection.

But first, he would have to exist the gates. As Souma arrived, he found an entourage of a few different teams waiting to leave. He quickly caught up with his own squadmembers and greeted them, allowing excitement to begin creeping into his voice, "Hey! I'm here!" the aspirant exclaimed to his closest friends.
Hey, my name is Aidan and I am still figuring out who I really am. Most of my views are some form of leftism someone could probably tell me is not leftism. I'm a guy.

Sonitusia
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sonitusia » Wed Oct 07, 2015 1:11 am

The Templar High Council wrote:Then he noticed Shinko and Yuuki arriving, and waved them over to him. "Oi! Shinko! Mornin'!"
Aidannadia wrote:He quickly caught up with his own squadmembers and greeted them, allowing excitement to begin creeping into his voice, "Hey! I'm here!" the aspirant exclaimed to his closest friends.

Shinko Okazaki
"Morning!~" Shinko replied happily, pulling Yuuki to hurry up. They joined her teammate, the girl smiling brightly. Then Souma arrived, and the girl was slightly surprised that he was actually excited for once. It was as if something had taken over the boy, but it may have just been her imagination.

"We just got here too, Souma-kun," she said, giggling, "but it's good to see you so pumped up!" But then she looked around, and couldn't find the Jounin responsible for them. "Has anyone seen Isao-sensei?"

Wakana Heiki
Yawning, the young Kirigakure genin walked down the street of her village in silence, her surroundings equally quiet. Sometimes, the musician enjoyed this kind of feeling, the calming sensation of hearing nothing. No voices, music, screams. It soothed her. But this morning, she was expecting something, of which didn't come to her as she stepped outside the door some time ago.

I wonder where Yoshi-sama is... she wondered, waiting at the entrance of the village for her teammates and sensei.

Yoshi Hayate
"Another bowl."

As yet another helping of ramen was provided before him, the shinobi took another drag of ocha. No longer donning his mask, Yoshi was now wearing the standard uniform of the Kirigakure ninja corps, with a grey flak jacket that had flaps covering his shoulders. He also donned his headband, which let everyone within the vicinity to know he was from the village hidden in the mist. But that wasn't a problem now, as he was here as a Kirigakure shinobi over watching the Chuunin Exams in the Mizukage's steed.

I hope Wakana and her team make it.
Last edited by Sonitusia on Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:01 am, edited 3 times in total.
DEITY OF BAD-TIMING
Check out my Deviantart for shit drawings!
Member of Task Force Atlas
Holy Messenger of Imperialjapanism and Twin Sibling of Shyluz
Shyluz wrote:The second 'tanks' was said, it was all over.

Gensokyu wrote:So that happened.

They say that in the great wars of NS Summer, there was one who did not fight with blood, but with iron. They named this one the Master of Tanks, and the thunderous sound of cannon and the rattling of machine guns could be heard far and wide, the crossroads before the capital of CotM being defended by this valiant one until it stood alone. Shitposters layed in droves, and entire army having been slain by the might of Sonitusia, Master of Tanks, Commandant of Iron, and Slinger of Shells.

Shyluz
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:01 am

Sonitusia wrote:"We just got here too, Souma-kun," she said, giggling, "but it's good to see you so pumped up!" But then she looked around, and couldn't find the Jounin responsible for them. "Has anyone seen Isao-sensei?"

Yuuki had remained silent during the walk to the gates, and sighed, placing hand on his face as his teammate, Akai Shatsu, walked up with the ever short and pale Ritsu-sensai. Of course, this would've been completely normal. But it wasn't. Mainly because Akai had overpacked. So much so that his pack was as big as Ritsu herself, and the canvas seemed like it would tear under the pressure at any moment. "Akai, what did I say about packing..?" The exhausted boy said to his teammate.

The boy dressed entirely in red placed a hand under his chin, as if he was thinking sagely. "Something about not overdoing it? Yeah. That sounds right." He said cheerfully.

Yuuki stared coldly at the boy, before flicking his forehead. "What did you do?" The boy looked up, tears welling up in his eyes as he rubbed his sore forehead.

"I j-just thought about the variables and what if it rained or snowed or a volcano erupted or something and then dragons and demons and missing-nin and samurai and rain and rivers and..." It was at this point that Yuuki turned around, and Ritsu-sensai began preparing a gag for the chatterbox.

"What were you saying, Ojou?" Yuuki said, his voice full of desperation and weariness. "Something about my sleep patterns?" His eyes were begging her to talk to him, if only to not be forced to chat with Akai. "Please help me" he mouthed, his eyes darting to the side as he heard Ritsu grunt and a sound of shock and surprise from Akai as the gag tug into his lips.
Otherwise known as Nornsmark for official, region-ey things.

Sonitusia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sonitusia » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:07 am

Shyluz wrote:"What were you saying, Ojou?" Yuuki said, his voice full of desperation and weariness. "Something about my sleep patterns?" His eyes were begging her to talk to him, if only to not be forced to chat with Akai. "Please help me" he mouthed, his eyes darting to the side as he heard Ritsu grunt and a sound of shock and surprise from Akai as the gag tug into his lips.

Shinko looked at Yuuki curiously, not understanding why he was moving his mouth without making any noise. It actually looked kind of funny to her, but she didn't laugh or smile wider in reaction. Is he trying to breath weirdly?

"Yep, I was wondering if you got any sleep," she replied to his question, "you look really tired. You do realize we're about to join a really important exam right? Our village's pride counts on it!" She then got closer and pulled him into a hug, slightly pulling him away from his team. "Not only that, the Okazaki clan's debut is on the line too! We'll be the first of our family to become Chuunins, I can feel it!"
DEITY OF BAD-TIMING

They say that in the great wars of NS Summer, there was one who did not fight with blood, but with iron. They named this one the Master of Tanks, and the thunderous sound of cannon and the rattling of machine guns could be heard far and wide, the crossroads before the capital of CotM being defended by this valiant one until it stood alone. Shitposters layed in droves, and entire army having been slain by the might of Sonitusia, Master of Tanks, Commandant of Iron, and Slinger of Shells.

Shyluz
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:23 am

Sonitusia wrote:Shinko looked at Yuuki curiously, not understanding why he was moving his mouth without making any noise. It actually looked kind of funny to her, but she didn't laugh or smile wider in reaction. Is he trying to breath weirdly?

"Yep, I was wondering if you got any sleep," she replied to his question, "you look really tired. You do realize we're about to join a really important exam right? Our village's pride counts on it!" She then got closer and pulled him into a hug, slightly pulling him away from his team. "Not only that, the Okazaki clan's debut is on the line too! We'll be the first of our family to become Chuunins, I can feel it!"

Yuuki breathed out a deep sigh of relief, until she hugged him, that is. Because that's when he started to panic. He wanted to say something cool -- something like 'Yeah, of course we will,' or 'catchphrase.' Instead what he got was a face full of blush, what would've seemed like steam rising from his head, arms not knowing what to do, so twitching insanely. "Uhr. Eh. Uhm. Sh-Shinko???" He sputtered out as the two of his teammates snickered, the gag on Akai having been cut off.

Akai and Ritsu shared the most devious of smiles, and had a seemingly telepathic conversation as they locked eyes. Seeing this, Yuuki started trembling for a different reason. Then the duo turned to the hugging pair, their eyes gleaming cruelly. Ritsu and Akai shot one arm out each, smashing into Yuuki's back and shoving the pair onto the ground where Yuuki felt something soft brush his lips.

He opened his eyes. His lips were firmly pressed on Shinko's, as the duo laid on the ground. Shinko was on top of him, which was good. It meant he'd done his duty as her protector. But this... this was unexpected! His face was bright red, and very very flushed as he saw Ritsu and Akai in the background snickering devilishly as they watched the two.

"Ufufufufu..."

Sonitusia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sonitusia » Wed Oct 07, 2015 7:41 am

Shinko didn't know what was going on. She did know that both Yuuki and herself had fallen onto the ground, and that there was giggling behind them. Straining her eyes open, she began to study the situation quickly. Yuuki was below her, and had taken the brute of the fall. She'd have to thank him for that later. She was also holding onto him still, so her arms were below his. And then that's when she noticed that his eyes were very close to her's. Those bright orange eyes that she met everyday. But looking at them up close, it was so different, in a vivid way.

Slowly she felt herself get warmer. Her face was of primary focus as blood rushed into her cheeks. It took her a while to understand, and now that she did, it made her feel weird. Her lips were locked with his, becoming moist as some of the girl's liquid poured into the boy's lips. She thanked herself for only drinking tea this morning, but she quickly threw the thought aside and tried to think clearly. But all that came to mind was that she was kissing Yuuki. Her adopted brother and self-proclaimed protector.

And yet, she didn't want to let go. For some reason unbeknownst to her, she wanted to stay like that for a bit longer. But after more thinking, she quickly pulled her hand out from underneath Yuuki, and pushed herself off, a trail of thin saliva pouring still stuck to both mouths. "Thanks for taking the fall," she murmured, smiling to him warmly as she wiped her mouth. She stood back up, and pulled the boy's hands as well, almost losing her balance once more. "Woops," she called out, giggling.

What was that feeling? I felt like I was fluffy. Like a cloud maybe.
DEITY OF BAD-TIMING

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:29 am

The Templar High Council wrote:"It's a focusing of chakra." Aoi replied calmly. "Focusing chakra on your feet, you can use it to support yourself on water and stick your feet to any surface. Do they... know about chakra where you're from?" After explaining, Aoi realized Atticus might not know about chakra. Far away lands... she couldn't imagine living anywhere but Kirigakure. Months away by boat, it could be an entirely different land. It was something Aoi was now interested in, even if it were a land ravaged by war.

Chakra...is that what they call it here? I listened as she explained, and I began to connect the dots on the language barrier between our two lands. "I believe what you refer to as Chakra, we call 'Will' in our lands. Our ancestors called it magic or mana, but whatever the name it was recognized as a metaphysical force that surfaces in some more than others. Despite that, none in my land ever harness it in such a way." I then took a few steps away from her as I slowly unsheathed my own blade, desiring to give an example. I then began to explain as I approached a very large willow tree. "It seems people in your land have discovered how to use and channel....chakra, through their own bodies. We do not use it in the same way." I lectured. I then gripped my sword, unaltered and threw a powerful swing with it into the large willow tree, slicing into it, but barely cutting about a third of the way into it. I then retrieved my blade from the bark and prepared for another attack, but this time, the blade began to slowly glow red. As if being heated in a furnace, and then fire began to freely flow from the sword, as I made a second attack at the tree, and this time, aided by what would have been called in my own lands the 'Will of Flames' the blade melted through the tree and its heat set two neighboring trees ablaze.

I then sheathed the blade, and turned around from the modest demonstration as how our people used chakra became apparent. "In warfare in my land, we use this ability to alter and enhance our weapons and armor, rather than it's own force. Armies of thousands use everything from lightning enhanced pikes and earth enhanced shields to fight against flame enhanced artillery. We have discovered that by combining this...chakra with our own weapons it vastly multiplies the destructive potential..." My voice weakened some, being constantly reminded of the state of Olsia, as I locked eyes with Aoi once more.

"It was precisely these discoveries that made war...seem to be such a profitable endeavor to the kings of our nations." I then desired a change of topic, to get my mind off of the situation brewing back home.

"When I arrived, it seemed as if you were training for something, is it a competition of some sort? And if all of you were wrapping up, I do not wish to hold you up." While we discussed these topics, I was quickly becoming fascinated by this foreign culture, and the woman behind this mask.

"Will? Well, it looks the same to me, more or less. Forgive me, but I'm going to call it what I'm familiar with. As for our training..." Aoi looked back to the river, watching her students practice. "The Chunin Exams are occurring tomorrow in a land across the water to the west. The exams are a competition to determine which of the young ninja become intermediate level, and capable of taking on tougher missions to improve themselves. And after that, plus a few years of training, chunin grow to become jonin rank, like me, and work at the highest level of mission. There are various subsets in the ranks, but that's about it." Aoi formed hand signs, using Water Dragon jutsu to put out the flames in the trees. "I just realized: I offered to let you stay, but I'm actually leaving tonight or tomorrow for the exams. The offer still stands, but you would have to come with me to the Land of Fire."
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.

The Greater Gambia
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater Gambia » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:58 am

Okamisana Compound

The sun shined through the window of Mao's room as he got ready for the day. He grabbed his Wakizashi of the stand, putting it in its scabbard. As he walked out of his room and into the main courtyard, the people of the Okamisana were already busy with there lives. The young children playing with their wolves while the older ones prepared for their day at the academy. Under the tree in the middle of the courtyard, the wolves were relaxing, one of them had at some point caught a bird and was chewing on it.

At the main gate of the clan compound, Yukari was waiting for Mao. She was in a foul mood. Originally, she was told that they would be leaving the night before. She waited at the gate of the village for 3 hours before someone came to tell her the change of plans. As Mao walked over, her bad mood went away, somewhat. "Good Morning, Yukari." Yukari returned the greeting. "Good morning, Mao. Ready to go?" Mao adjusted his scabbard. "Yep, can't wait to start the Chunin Exams." As they walked away from the Okamisana compound, one of the elderly members of the clan waved at them as they left. "Good Luck, Mao. We're all rooting for you!"

Yukari and Mao made their way to the main gate of the village. Some of the other Iwa shinobi going were already there.Mao walked over to his team leader." Hello, sensei, how's it going?" Yukari's bad mood resurfaced. "Everyone ready to leave?" She asked.
Quote of the- Oh, I don't know how long I'm gonna have this on here.
"It's all good in the hood!" I replied cheerfully. But deep down, I knew that there were many socio-economic problems in the hood.

RP's I'm hosting:
Interstellar Ascendancy: an FT Nation Rp

Evil Pootoo Bird of The Pub

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Wed Oct 07, 2015 5:02 pm

---
"Oww," a young genin said, stumbling her way through the grass only to accidentally trip over a lounging Shinobu, only for a smile to crawl upon the recently-tripped genin's face. "My, Shinobu, it has been a while... You haven't changed a bit," the newly-arrived Leaf genin said coyly.
"Make it a double negative, for I have changed," Shinobu said, staring at the long-haired girl anxiously.
"Nope, I don't see anyone different. You are fantastic at getting hit, I mean taking hits. With most people, they would have quit trying to be a ninja after being pushed-out a third-floor window, but you took it like a glutton for punishment. I mean, if I had been so unlucky as to be thrown into pre-treated wastewater, I'd never be so hot-blooded as to think that any boy would want to be near me, especially with the hair of a bull-dyke, but maybe I am not as flexible or confident as you are. Really, I can't believe how little changes over three years of living-off the land. I personally would have expected it to somehow change me fundamentally, but your confidence in yourself has let the experience not change you in the slightest," the girl stated with a tone of voice that was barely-hidden hatred for the still Shinobu. Toward the end she put her arm on Shinobu's collar, only for Shinobu to recoil and start crawling-away slowly, with one hand on a pocket as the other arm dragged Shinobu. "What's the matter, Shinobu? We're both friends here. Don't you understand friendly gestures?"
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:40 am, edited 6 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Sindrya
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sindrya » Wed Oct 07, 2015 6:07 pm

Saizou Mikan

"I'll be fine, dad. Don't worry.", Saizou said for the umpteenth time. "I will make use of your teaching of Kenjutsu and my own practice. And I have teammates, too. So we'll be doing it just fine."

"I know, Saizou. I'm very well aware of your techniques and capabilities.", came his father, Saitou Mikan's reply. "What I'm worried about is your teammates. You only met them for a couple of days or so. I doubt you will have the teamwork needed to pass the exam. And believe me, my son. Teamwork is the key. Raw strength and techniques are not the only qualification. You need to-"

"Yeah, yeah, I know. Bye dad, wish me luck", Saizou dismissed his father's words and walked away from their house.

That kid. Kid's these days don't know how to respect their elders, his father fumed silently in his mind. When Saizou was out from his sight, he muttered, low but audible enough, like a whisper, "Stay safe, son".

A while later, Saizou was already near the Kirigakure's gates, approaching one of his teammates, the one that carries a violin all the time.

"Hey", he greeted her. "Where's sensei and Chiba-san?"

Kingakure Gates

This is our first time having a Chuunin Exams with another village, Jafar. Don't ruin this. If this goes out well, our village will have more missions, and therefore increasing our income. How does 60-40 sounds?

That was the words of the Kinkage that kept playing in his head for a while. I should have asked for 50-50. But 60-40 sounds good either. His thoughts kept centered around the amount of money he will get if the team passed the Chuunin Exams.

When he reached the gates, he stood by the gatekeeper's post, chatting with them for a while, while waiting for his team of genin to show up.

Suddenly, two individuals burst out from the ground beside him.

"Hyahha!", they said simultaneously. They landed and stood up, each mirrored the other's style. "The Mole Twins is here!"

"Ryosuke!", the one on the right said, "and Kyosuke", said the other.

"At your service!", they said simultaneously - again.

Their leader, Jafar, only stood there looking at them.

"Only two?", he asked after looking at them for a while. "Isn't there supposed to be three?"

The twins seemingly depressed because their leader is not on the slight bit amazed by their Dynamic Entry. "The other one's late", the one on the right, Ryosuke, said. "She'll be here in a minute", the other one said.

"Well then", Jafar said while straightening his back, "I supposed we can't start with introduction until the team's all set."
Call me Sin.
Self Entitled Wanderer of the Multiverse. Yep, that's me.
Also a Secret Praiser of Baeyonetta.
Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!
Accomplished Member of the The Age Of Neophytos RP Group
Current: Returned. Somewhat.
Praise The Lord. Moth Waifu is back! Part Three exists!
Sonitusia wrote:It's not cheating if it's family~

Abserdia wrote:
Sindrya wrote:
*muffled drums and cymbals in the distance*

Who has to change the light bulbs in 221b?
Wattson.
I REVIVED THIS RP, IGOR! I REVIVED IT!

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jan 18, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Thu Oct 08, 2015 1:34 pm

Atticus Wolfgard-22 Yrs-3rd Prince of Olsia

"Exams you say?" I looked around at the younger students around her, the three of them. My face then wrapped itself into a frown when I was told the exams were held across the sea once more. I was not so eager to travel by boat again after travelling by sea here for so long. However, there was not much to do besides learn the ways of this land and get to know this Aoi character. "Sure, I will travel alongside you. Perhaps observing these Exams will help me to understand exactly how your society works." As I accepted her offer, I observed her results in dousing the flames caused by my last attack. Perhaps this woman is a specialist in Will of Rain techniques or...water chakra. I then approached Mara and began to mount the horse and looked back down to Aoi. "Just lead the way and we will follow, I look forward to seeing more of these lands alongside you." I not to make her sound like a tour guide, but I was anxious to see more. This land, was very different from my own. I desire to see what makes them different for myself.
My RP Nation is the Islamic Republic of Alamon

The Starlight wrote:Rebel Force: Noun - A strange power associated with street-level characters who are the weakest, yet most powerful of all.

Aidannadia
Senator

Founded: Nov 08, 2009
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Aidannadia » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:10 pm

Souma Kangosotsu

A hand firmly held the teenagers face as Shinko and Yuuki continued with their display. "Lo and behold, the future of Iwa at their finest." Sarcasm dripped from his lips like saliva as Souma spoke. "I suggest you get your... personal interests worked out before we get there. I'm sure you can catch up from the alley if you want to continue with your professional conversation." The genin's tone was still playful despite his rude words, at most meaning to make the pair uncomfortable and not aggravated as he chuckled in regards to what was said- We'll see how that works out for him.

The Greater Gambia wrote:"Everyone ready to leave?" She asked.

Souma nodded to the chaperona, gripping his bag with anticipation, going over his checklist in his mind. Five red. Eight blue. Six green. Five yellow. Sixteen Kunai. Twelve shuriken. He could have bought the more standard weapons at Konoha, but it was important to support the local business. It was most of where the village made money these days anyway. Without the Okazaki- Let's not think of that. It won't come to that.

Bachi Buta

The saturated earth heaved and relented under the weight of the genin leaving prints of his sandals as he strolled towards the gates of Kiri, watching the mist swirl with each step due to the void left in the wake of his massive figure. Such a boy as Bachi did not fully understand the point of going to the chuunin exams, but his father had told him something about that- Oh. Yes. He would be able to help more people as a chuunin. This was why he was going.

As Bachi closed in on the gate and his newly-acquainted squadmates, a smile ripped across the boy's face and a large hand rose to the air in a wave. "Oi!" He greeted the pair, moving between a walk and a jog in speed towards them.
Hey, my name is Aidan and I am still figuring out who I really am. Most of my views are some form of leftism someone could probably tell me is not leftism. I'm a guy.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Fri Oct 09, 2015 6:40 am

Genhai Nakashima

It's already morning, and Genhai has awaken for such a long time, he forgot to brushed his tooth as he went out. So he took along the paste and the brush as he walked to the gate. There are probably many of his friends there, and the Jonin. Of course he would looked ridiculous with brush and paste on his hands, but who cares. He could thoughts more about what he did as he walked to the gate, like when he talked to the elderly as he walked, or kicking a ball to a group of young children but who will read it, beside him?

By the time he reached the main gate of Iwagakure, he already finished the brushing of his tooth and already cleaned his mouth. He went along with the rest and he had been happier, in happier times...
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Fri Oct 09, 2015 9:57 pm

Aido Sagara-22 Yrs-Ronin Samurai

Sura stood in the small clearing outside of the village as she batted away at the tree in front of her with the wooden blade she was armed with. Her form was sloppy, her grip was weak and her entire position was rather weak. I was leaning against a tree across from her as I observed her wail away at the target, sweat began to bead down her forehead as she continued her exercise. I pushed myself up, doing so slowly for the influence of my wounds suffered last night. Then I approached her with a long and smooth stick in my hand. As she noticed me come closer, she slowed down her practice until she eventually stopped altogether as I stood next to her. "Is it time for a break Aido..." She huffed as she slouched forward with her wooden sword. I answered in a smooth but low voice. "You just had a break." She created a frown as she pleaded the case. "That was three hours ago." I then guided her small palms to the correct position on the wooden blade using the stick in my hand.

"And once you learn how to hold and stand with a sword properly, you may rest for a while." I could tell she was beginning to become annoyed, but she remained silent as I continued the instruction.

"Hold the sword too loosely, and any blow will send it spiraling from your hands, too tightly, and you may break your own arm deflecting an attack. Place your hands too high, and you wont be able to use the sword effectively, but too low and once more you have a feeble grip unable to retain control of the blade. Do you understand?" She gave a silent nod as she adjusted her hands to a more appropriate position. The stance was still off but far more manageable.

However, her footwork was lousy, and so I continued there.

"Placing your feet either too closely or two wide will make you unable to move effectively and allow an opponent to easily knock you off of your feet. Ensure that your feet point outwards, not inwards and make sure that there is enough space to ensure stability, but not so much as to where you wont be able to brace yourself against a hit." She continued to soak in the information, I decided that the information may endure longer had she seen a demonstration.

"Defend yourself only Sura, lets see if you can practice what I have taught you." She began to brace herslef and I could see her palms sweating as her grip tightened in anticipation. Once again holding onto the wooden sword too tightly.

Rather than tell her, I decided to show her how improper stance can affect a swordsman. I swiftly used the stick as I would a blade, gripping it with two hands I clashed the 'swords' lightly and then deftly made scored a light blow against her shoulder. She backed up a few steps and resumed the practice. Once more we traded a few blows but I then took advantage of her footing and slapped the back of her hand with the wooden stick, no doubt stinging her greatly as she dropped her weapon.

She recoiled and began to rub her hand as I watched the wooden sword lay on the ground.

"Pick it up." I commanded simply, she blinked at me, as if piecing together what I said. But slowly, she bent down and resumed her stance. Silently enduring the small amount of pain inflicted from the training.

"You are watching my hands for the attack, dont. Watch my shoulders, that is where the attack will come from. By the time my hands move, it will be too late." She gritted her teeth as she prepared for the inevitable assault. I then stepped forward and made my move, a glancing blow to the left, which she blocked. Then a quick swipe from the right, as she deftly jumped backward to avoid before I moved in for a jab with the stick, stopping it just beneath her chin. I could see her eyes close in defeat as she prepared to yield, but instead. I simply told her "Better."

With that one word her eyes shot open and a smile carved its way across her features. I then allowed her to hand me her sword to hold. As we walked back into the village.

"Lets go, first we will find something to eat and then we can observe the first part of the Chunin Exams while you rest." She then plodded behind me as we both entered the village, even after last nights battle, there was a new buzz in the air. One that would belie the struggles that lay ahead, for us all.

As Suzu filled me ion on her son's progress I nodded in response. "Of course, I am sure he will progress steadily. I would like you to know that I am taking a keen interest in his training and progress. Daichi would be proud of what he will become..." The reference to her late husband was left to hang for a moment, as I know she takes a very stern approach to her relations with her son. "You no doubt will be to." Suzu is many things, an excellent shinobi, I trust her easily with my life, but I would like to see the last strings holding mother to daughter grow stronger. At my own age, I see many things and while I take a keen interest in my village and it's position. The large picture is made up of many small pictures. And theirs is one of the smaller pictures I like to keep track of. I then addressed her query about my own meeting.

"As well as it could, Suzu, these Exams will be critical to our own position and standing in the Shinobi world. Before Isao arrives, I do have a special assignment for you." I then placed my hands behind my own back as I briefed her. "I do know that your normal assignment is my own personnel protection. And with the news of the attack in Konoha, that may seem all the more important. However, I am going to assign you to be the protection of Sendo, my daughter. The being who attacked Konoha used the Nine Tails, and my daughter's...attributes make it likely she could be a target as well. She will need to be monitored and protected if the need arise. You will be acting as the temporary instructor for her. As while the Chunin Exams progress, she will be privately training with you. Do you understand?" As she was about to answer the request, Isao entered and greeted me.

"Ah, Isao, I was just telling Suzu of the need for all of our teams to excel in these exams. We must be able to show that the skill and quality of our shinobi force is still rival to those of Konoha and Suna. We are a Great Shinobi Nation in name only now, that needs to change. To that effect, in these exams, If we can weaken the image of our potential rivals, it would aid in securing contracts that would otherwise go to them. So, I would like you to make clear to your own team, as well as the others that should the situation arise, lethal force or crippling injury should be inflicted on the rival nations teams. Such instances are not unheard of in these matters regardless." With the matter more or less closed, I decided to close this meeting.

"I know time is short and the both of you should be preparing to leave immediately, myself included. I do wish we had more time to catch up, but we can do so in Konoha Isao. Please, send my own regards to your students." With that I dismissed both Suzu and Isao, as I withdrew myself to prepare to leave. Anxious to see how Sendo, as well as our Genin teams perform.

For the future of Iwa, rests on their shoulders.
Last edited by The Rebel Alliances on Sun Oct 11, 2015 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Starlight wrote:Rebel Force: Noun - A strange power associated with street-level characters who are the weakest, yet most powerful of all.

Sonitusia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sonitusia » Sat Oct 10, 2015 8:39 am

Shinko still looked confused. "Why would I need to talk in an alley with Yuuki?" she asked Souma. Nothing really made sense to her this morning. When the sensei arrived to escort them, Shinko nodded, and remembered something. Taking out two odd lookin weapons, she handed them to Souma and Ryo.

"These are miniature devil shuriken I designed myself," she explained, "only use them in an emergency." The little foldable shurikens looked normal enough, but if someone who had special eyes looked at them, they would notice an aura of chakra surrounding it.

Wakana nodded to her two teammates in greeting. "Shall we get going?" she said, "I'm sure Ume-sensei can catch up."
DEITY OF BAD-TIMING

Sindrya
Senator

Founded: Jan 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Sindrya » Sat Oct 10, 2015 9:29 am

Aidannadia wrote:
Bachi Buta

The saturated earth heaved and relented under the weight of the genin leaving prints of his sandals as he strolled towards the gates of Kiri, watching the mist swirl with each step due to the void left in the wake of his massive figure. Such a boy as Bachi did not fully understand the point of going to the chuunin exams, but his father had told him something about that- Oh. Yes. He would be able to help more people as a chuunin. This was why he was going.

As Bachi closed in on the gate and his newly-acquainted squadmates, a smile ripped across the boy's face and a large hand rose to the air in a wave. "Oi!" He greeted the pair, moving between a walk and a jog in speed towards them.

Speak of the devil, Saizou thought the moment he turned his head towards the voice to be greeted by the grinning face of their teammate.

"'Sup", came his short reply. "You ready?"

Sonitusia wrote:Wakana nodded to her two teammates in greeting. "Shall we get going?" she said, "I'm sure Ume-sensei can catch up."

"You sure?", he asked hesitantly. "Umewari-sensei should be the one escorting us to Konoha, you know."

"Not that I'm scared about the possibility of getting ambushed on the way to Konoha without our sensei around, but we're going to get into some trouble with the administration.", he explained.
Call me Sin.
Self Entitled Wanderer of the Multiverse. Yep, that's me.
Also a Secret Praiser of Baeyonetta.
Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!
Accomplished Member of the The Age Of Neophytos RP Group
Current: Returned. Somewhat.
Praise The Lord. Moth Waifu is back! Part Three exists!
Sonitusia wrote:It's not cheating if it's family~

Abserdia wrote:
Sindrya wrote:
*muffled drums and cymbals in the distance*

Who has to change the light bulbs in 221b?
Wattson.
I REVIVED THIS RP, IGOR! I REVIVED IT!

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Sun Oct 11, 2015 10:50 pm

The Rebel Alliances wrote:"Ah, Isao, I was just telling Suzu of the need for all of our teams to excel in these exams. We must be able to show that the skill and quality of our shinobi force is still rival to those of Konoha and Suna. We are a Great Shinobi Nation in name only now, that needs to change. To that effect, in these exams, If we can weaken the image of our potential rivals, it would aid in securing contracts that would otherwise go to them. So, I would like you to make clear to your own team, as well as the others that should the situation arise, lethal force or crippling injury should be inflicted on the rival nations teams. Such instances are not unheard of in these matters regardless." With the matter more or less closed, I decided to close this meeting.

"I know time is short and the both of you should be preparing to leave immediately, myself included. I do wish we had more time to catch up, but we can do so in Konoha Isao. Please, send my own regards to your students." With that I dismissed both Suzu and Isao, as I withdrew myself to prepare to leave. Anxious to see how Sendo, as well as our Genin teams perform.

"Understood." Isao replied, respectfully bowing. "Though to be fair Renzata, I had hoped we would not have to resort to this. Did the meeting with the Daimyo of Earth not go well?" Isao had known Renzata for long enough to know that something was amiss in the man's presentation. Normally, he wouldn't order his village's genin to intentionally harm others, no matter how reluctant he sounded. Something had to be wrong, and Isao could not leave his friend in good faith without knowing what it was.

The Rebel Alliances
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rebel Alliances » Tue Oct 13, 2015 8:32 am

The Templar High Council wrote:
The Rebel Alliances wrote:"Ah, Isao, I was just telling Suzu of the need for all of our teams to excel in these exams. We must be able to show that the skill and quality of our shinobi force is still rival to those of Konoha and Suna. We are a Great Shinobi Nation in name only now, that needs to change. To that effect, in these exams, If we can weaken the image of our potential rivals, it would aid in securing contracts that would otherwise go to them. So, I would like you to make clear to your own team, as well as the others that should the situation arise, lethal force or crippling injury should be inflicted on the rival nations teams. Such instances are not unheard of in these matters regardless." With the matter more or less closed, I decided to close this meeting.

"Understood." Isao replied, respectfully bowing. "Though to be fair Renzata, I had hoped we would not have to resort to this. Did the meeting with the Daimyo of Earth not go well?" Isao had known Renzata for long enough to know that something was amiss in the man's presentation. Normally, he wouldn't order his village's genin to intentionally harm others, no matter how reluctant he sounded. Something had to be wrong, and Isao could not leave his friend in good faith without knowing what it was.

Ahh, Isao..always seeing to the heart of the issue. I was am not at all surprised that he was able to tell that things have not been going well. "Always insightful aren't we Isao?" I then signaled that he could in fact stand. "The meeting and it's contents stay within this room. But the Daimyo of the Land of Earth is suggesting that he will cease contracts for our village." I then slowly walked from the room and onto the balcony. Gazing out longingly at the Village of the Ninja Hidden among the Rocks. "All of them....he no longer believes we are necessary in this world. Soon the attack on Konoha will stay his hand, but only for as long as it takes his advisers to convince him Konoha was a isolated case." I closed my eyes and gave a heavy sigh.

"It is now a very real possibility that in a year or a few, we may no longer be a Shinobi Village. Simply another settlement in the Land of Earth with a more eventful history." I then turned back to Isao. "That is why these exams are so crucial to us. We meed to enhance our image, and at the expense of our neighbors. It is no longer enough to strengthen us at this point, we must prepare to weaken our rivals. I admit, that resorting to these underhanded tactics are...distasteful, but as Tsuchikage, I must place the strategic goals of Iwagakure and interests first. I do trust you to carry out your own duties Isao, now, you have much to do." Finally giving the final word on the matter. I dismissed the both of them as I began to contemplate our plans.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Tue Oct 13, 2015 12:13 pm

The Templar High Council wrote:"Understood." Isao replied, respectfully bowing. "Though to be fair Renzata, I had hoped we would not have to resort to this. Did the meeting with the Daimyo of Earth not go well?" Isao had known Renzata for long enough to know that something was amiss in the man's presentation. Normally, he wouldn't order his village's genin to intentionally harm others, no matter how reluctant he sounded. Something had to be wrong, and Isao could not leave his friend in good faith without knowing what it was.

Ahh, Isao..always seeing to the heart of the issue. I was am not at all surprised that he was able to tell that things have not been going well. "Always insightful aren't we Isao?" I then signaled that he could in fact stand. "The meeting and it's contents stay within this room. But the Daimyo of the Land of Earth is suggesting that he will cease contracts for our village." I then slowly walked from the room and onto the balcony. Gazing out longingly at the Village of the Ninja Hidden among the Rocks. "All of them....he no longer believes we are necessary in this world. Soon the attack on Konoha will stay his hand, but only for as long as it takes his advisers to convince him Konoha was a isolated case." I closed my eyes and gave a heavy sigh.

"It is now a very real possibility that in a year or a few, we may no longer be a Shinobi Village. Simply another settlement in the Land of Earth with a more eventful history." I then turned back to Isao. "That is why these exams are so crucial to us. We meed to enhance our image, and at the expense of our neighbors. It is no longer enough to strengthen us at this point, we must prepare to weaken our rivals. I admit, that resorting to these underhanded tactics are...distasteful, but as Tsuchikage, I must place the strategic goals of Iwagakure and interests first. I do trust you to carry out your own duties Isao, now, you have much to do." Finally giving the final word on the matter. I dismissed the both of them as I began to contemplate our plans.

Isao silently listened to Renzata, shocked by what the Daimyo of Earth would do. After all this time... we've done so much... Before he could worry to respond, Renzata dismissed him to do his job. He was right, there was no worrying about things outside of his control. "Understood..." He muttered, dashing out the window to return to the preparing genin.

Later that day, now closing in on dinnertime, dozens if not hundreds of young ninja were standing idly outside Konoha's 44th Training Ground, AKA The Forest of Death. Atop a large tree stump stood a Konoha jonin, with dark blue hair and a stern demeanor. He began to speak, with other jonin and chunin behind him ready to officiate the event.

"Alright, settle down! My name is Jushiro Sokiyama, and I'm the officiator for this first stage of the Chunin Exams. Behind me is The Forest of Death. It's not called that because it's filled with rainbows and lollipops, you may very well die in there. That is an acceptable loss for the new age of shinobi." Murmurs spread throughout the ranks of genin, but Jushiro didn't stop. "This first stage has two requirements. First, you need to find your way to the tower somewhere in the arena. Second, you need to complete this test." He waved around a handful of papers. "There's one test per team, and inside the test you will find the code required to gain entry into the tower. Not saying how, that's your job. Once we release you into the arena, all bets are off. You can attack each other at will and try to steal answers. However, each test is marked numerically. If you try to turn in someone else's test as your own, you will be disqualified. This exercise will test your orienteering skills, literal knowledge, and skill in combat. I wish you all the best of luck, now go get your tests." The shinobi behind Jushiro stood with stacks of rolled-up paper behind them, ready to hand them out to the young genin, but they were all quite nervous as they shuffled forward slowly.

The battle had already begun.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:00 pm

The Templar High Council wrote:
The Rebel Alliances wrote:Ahh, Isao..always seeing to the heart of the issue. I was am not at all surprised that he was able to tell that things have not been going well. "Always insightful aren't we Isao?" I then signaled that he could in fact stand. "The meeting and it's contents stay within this room. But the Daimyo of the Land of Earth is suggesting that he will cease contracts for our village." I then slowly walked from the room and onto the balcony. Gazing out longingly at the Village of the Ninja Hidden among the Rocks. "All of them....he no longer believes we are necessary in this world. Soon the attack on Konoha will stay his hand, but only for as long as it takes his advisers to convince him Konoha was a isolated case." I closed my eyes and gave a heavy sigh.

Isao silently listened to Renzata, shocked by what the Daimyo of Earth would do. After all this time... we've done so much... Before he could worry to respond, Renzata dismissed him to do his job. He was right, there was no worrying about things outside of his control. "Understood..." He muttered, dashing out the window to return to the preparing genin.

Later that day, now closing in on dinnertime, dozens if not hundreds of young ninja were standing idly outside Konoha's 44th Training Ground, AKA The Forest of Death. Atop a large tree stump stood a Konoha jonin, with dark blue hair and a stern demeanor. He began to speak, with other jonin and chunin behind him ready to officiate the event.

"Alright, settle down! My name is Jushiro Sokiyama, and I'm the officiator for this first stage of the Chunin Exams. Behind me is The Forest of Death. It's not called that because it's filled with rainbows and lollipops, you may very well die in there. That is an acceptable loss for the new age of shinobi." Murmurs spread throughout the ranks of genin, but Jushiro didn't stop. "This first stage has two requirements. First, you need to find your way to the tower somewhere in the arena. Second, you need to complete this test." He waved around a handful of papers. "There's one test per team, and inside the test you will find the code required to gain entry into the tower. Not saying how, that's your job. Once we release you into the arena, all bets are off. You can attack each other at will and try to steal answers. However, each test is marked numerically. If you try to turn in someone else's test as your own, you will be disqualified. This exercise will test your orienteering skills, literal knowledge, and skill in combat. I wish you all the best of luck, now go get your tests." The shinobi behind Jushiro stood with stacks of rolled-up paper behind them, ready to hand them out to the young genin, but they were all quite nervous as they shuffled forward slowly.

The battle had already begun.

Kei Uzumaki
'So it's a two for one this year huh? great..' I strode past most of the more hesitant genin, and entered the queue it was a short wait as I was handed my respective test nearly immediately. I nodded and turned back into the crowd to find my team members, of which I still had no clue if they were even here. Granted I doubt they flaked out on this. I even doubted the Nara hadn't arrived yet, despite being... y'know, a Nara. I settled in among the crowd, of which I stood a few inches over a good dozen or so of them. I sighed, hoping I didn't lose my legs again this time.

Tarou Nobunaga
I stood outside the Hokage's office, awaiting the moment I would be called in to be evaluated on my record, my character, and my skills to see if I would be inducted into Konoha's ranks. I won't lie about my anxiety, if I wasn't inducted there wold be nowhere else for me to go. I couldn't go back to Iron, and chances are the other smaller countries wouldn't let me stay due to me being a risk to their security, and the larger countries would most likely turn me in to Iron for profit. In short if I wasn't accepted I'd have to live my life on the run, so here I sat patiently, waiting to be called into the office.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Altruistic Paladins
Senator

Founded: Feb 23, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Altruistic Paladins » Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:17 pm

The 44th Training Ground was not a particularly pleasant proposition. Disregarding numerous animals of notable impact onsafety, there was also the genin. Shinobu knew few of the Konoha genin well enough to make reasonable judgements of character beyond the girl who was never nice to her in the past or just recently. Haruka's mind was focused on the greater problem of not finding anybody outside of his team trustworthy. Some of these people were people in their late teens, very indicative of a "even bigger fish" problem. It was most damning that he noticed a red-haired late teen with whiskers. If there were people able to keep her from becoming a Chunin, there would be problems. At the very least, Shinobu had the team's supplies covered.
Shinobu, meanwhile, was already getting one of the tests. The test was put into a bag, adn then a container, and then a small scroll alongside various calculators and charts and lists of formulae. Whatever terms one could use to describe Shinobu, "care-free" was not one of those terms. As she went back to her team-mates, she deliberately went by Kei, giving her a compass.
"Everything is permitted in the forest of death but pre-made maps and turning-in other people's tests, so let us embrace that freedom to keep the pack together. If we get separated, head to a river and step into the river every few minutes so that this pack can regroup," Shinobu said, giving the clarity of her intentions.
Last edited by Altruistic Paladins on Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
By Hits Holy Hand,
The Imperial Majesty Emperor Norton II of the People of the DSA and Protector of Ukraine
Inaugurated 12:06 A.M. Ecuador Standard Time, June 26, 2014; crowned 12:23 A.M. EST; June 26, 2014; instituted the Separation of Positions 1:07 A.M. EST, June 26, 2014; retired from office 4:58 P.M. EST, June 27, 2014; returned to office 1:05 A.M. EST, June 30, 2014; retired again 12:05 P.M. EST

Shyluz
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Shyluz » Tue Oct 13, 2015 7:06 pm

Yuuki stared idly at the boy who stood next to him as the man on a bigass branch explained how each and everyone of the Iwa kids were going to die in some horrible matter. But of course -- Akai Shatsu, idiot extraordinaire was beaming like a puppy, despite being faced with certain death. As Akai continued drooling in anticipation, Yuuki slowly shifted over to Shinko's team, in part because he couldn't seem to find Mao, partly because he was worried about what Akai was going to do to him, and what terrified him the most was --

Yuuki stopped as he tripped suddenly. He caught himself, well, to be more precise, he was caught by what he tripped over, which also happened to be what he was fleeing from. The one and only, Lil' Ritsu.

Yuuki was very, very afraid as Ritsu smiled at him, seemingly cheerful.

Sonitusia
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Sonitusia » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:22 pm

Upon quick notice, Yoshi had been dispatched to replace Momo Umewari as the chaperon for one of Kirigakure's teams. Wakana's team. Think of an odd turn of events, huh? he thought, watching them as the man named Jushiro gave his enlightening speech.

Wakana was just staring at the officiator with relative ease. Though the exams would be difficult, one needed to stay calm in times like this. With a clear head, things could be done much more easily. Taking out her violin, she began to play while walking as the other genin bustled about to get the papers. She didn't know who replaced Ume-sensei, but she was glad that they didn't get reprimanded earlier for leaving before her.

Meanwhile, some meters away, Shinko was with her team, once more checking her scrolls. Just like when she left, nothing was missing, and she smiled again. Packing them once more on her back, she awaited her turn to receive the papers. We'll need to get to the tower safely and with these tests in hand!
DEITY OF BAD-TIMING

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse