NATION

PASSWORD

Imperial War Academy |Year 2|[FT/Fan-T][OPEN][OOC]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:30 am

The Tophat Empire wrote:Exilvania, Wiking and Dagon are talking in Tauun High, a language that some of the students might be able to read(at least military terms)
But none exempt those from the empire can speak it

Y'all need a purging.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:32 am

The Tophat Empire wrote:Exilvania, Wiking and Dagon are talking in Tauun High, a language that some of the students might be able to read(at least military terms)

I`ll re-edit.
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Vektra
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 22, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vektra » Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:14 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:

Y'all need a purging.

Agreed :lol: :lol:

Tophat, could you add an OOC url in the IC thread, for the purpose of changing fast between the IC and OOC threads?
Also, 2nd years cannot speak Taunn, but we can understand it, right? (I don't mean read it, i mean understand it in a conversation mode)
Last edited by Vektra on Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Tophat Empire
Senator

Founded: Sep 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tophat Empire » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:02 pm

Vektra wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Y'all need a purging.

Agreed :lol: :lol:

Tophat, could you add an OOC url in the IC thread, for the purpose of changing fast between the IC and OOC threads?
Also, 2nd years cannot speak Taunn, but we can understand it, right? (I don't mean read it, i mean understand it in a conversation mode)

i will add a link ASAP

and as for your question, yes and no. The 2nd years can read, and probably write a shit exsuse for Tauun High, that is a version that is very basic and would require much of the reader to understand, but they would understand it, after some time.

But the students do not know how to speak it, OOCly, special exceptions might exist if there is a darn good reason for it
FT, but roam where i please
It does not reflect my real life world political views, which are considerably less authoritarian and more moderate
Refer to my factbook for canon, it´s however out of date, and badly written. So take it with a grain of salt

Vektra
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vektra » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:14 pm

I know i know, i didn't meant speak it, i meant if we hear you speak in High Taun, will the 2nd year students understand what you say?

The Tophat Empire
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tophat Empire » Sat Sep 05, 2015 2:59 pm

and we came 20 posts in before you broke a academy rules, GG
It does not reflect my real life world political views, which are considerably less authoritarian and more moderate
Refer to my factbook for canon, it´s however out of date, and badly written. So take it with a grain of salt

The Tophat Empire
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tophat Empire » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:00 pm

Vektra wrote:I know i know, i didn't meant speak it, i meant if we hear you speak in High Taun, will the 2nd year students understand what you say?

in 99% of the words, no, you can read it(kinda) but not in spoken form

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:01 pm

The Tophat Empire wrote:and we came 20 posts in before you broke a academy rules, GG

That's a new record.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Vektra
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vektra » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:03 pm

The Tophat Empire wrote:and we came 20 posts in before you broke a academy rules, GG

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Well, she didn't harmed him, just raised him... and thanks god there's no teacher nearby :lol2:

The Tophat Empire
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tophat Empire » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:08 pm

Vektra wrote:

Well, she didn't harmed him, just raised him... and thanks god there's no teacher nearby :lol2:

ooooh....
you have not grasped the extent of the security measures that the empire employ
so, i think i will wait 8 hours or so before i make the next advancement post IC.

but to try and not spam to much, IC time should only be 3-5 minutes from that point you exited the ship

Vektra
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Vektra » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:26 pm

The Tophat Empire wrote:
Vektra wrote:

ooooh....
you have not grasped the extent of the security measures that the empire employ
so, i think i will wait 8 hours or so before i make the next advancement post IC.

but to try and not spam to much, IC time should only be 3-5 minutes from that point you exited the ship

:lol2: :lol2: :lol2:

Remnants of Exilvania
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 29, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Remnants of Exilvania » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:30 pm

I think of just taking out my gun and holding Soriu at gunpoint untill some guards arrive >:(
Ex-NE Panzerwaffe Hauptmann; War Merit Cross & Knights Cross of the Iron Cross
Ex Woodhouse Loyalist & Ex Inactive BLITZKRIEG Foreign Relations Minister
REST IN PEACE HERZOG FRIEDRICH VON WÜRTTEMBERG! † 9. May 2018
Furchtlos und Treu dem Hause Württemberg für alle Ewigkeit!

Imperial Duran
Attaché

Founded: Mar 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Duran » Sat Sep 05, 2015 6:50 pm

Hey Guys I'm really interested in getting in on this and I'm reading though the IC thread right now but I did have a few questions.

If the Academy is in The tophat empire, why would Royalty from the Thracian Empire be in attendance? are the two allies?
What would be Expected of a Non Imperial Citizen attending the academy?
I have a concept for a character thats a Synthetic lifeform would that be accepted in the Tau culture?

Seventh Oblivion
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

App

Postby Seventh Oblivion » Sat Sep 05, 2015 7:14 pm

Required Information

Name: Desmond James

Sex: Male

Race: Oblivionic

Age and Origin: 24. He was born in Vjayum, a colossal city renowned for its overwhelming crime rate and violence.

Picture Appearance:

Height, Weight, Body Type: 6ft 4 inches. 83kg. Very tall and slim.

Equipment: His black overcoat, a military uniform, his blade, casual clothes and a few other random things.

Character Story: Desmond does not interact with people much, he stays back and knows when to get involved. He won't really know who to talk to first, but he can identify people that would work well with him. He wouldn't refer to himself as special, but he knows what skills he posseses. Not knowing anybody will be a challenge for him, but adapting will be very easy. He works efficiently with others and will follow any orders when given.

Reason for being accepted into the academy: For showing extremely high intelligence and fighting skill. He has alot of knowledge, but sometimes his downfall can be not knowing where to use it.

RP Example: I have not been in any other P2TM threads other than this.

Additional Fun Stuff: Not Required

Personality: Desmond has a very dark sense of humor, and only sticks to his thoughts. Things like conversation and social interaction don't come easy for him, meeting new people is a struggle. He is very creative, and works with what he has. He may have a short fuse, and is afraid of taking out his anger on the people that are close to him. Most of this anger stems from being severely neglected and abused as a child. He is not jealous of anyone or anything, and shows gratitude for what he has. He is never sad, just angry. He finds joy in making others succeed, and will normally forget about himself.

Moral Alignment: Neutral most of the time, but rarely infuriated.

Bio: Desmond was not raised with this name, but with the name Thomas Carter. Reasons become clear later on. He was raised in Vjayum by his abusive father Craig Carter, who regularily beat him up and exploited him. Things got worse as he got older, Craig would get drunk and hit him, he would lock him in his room for days. They lived on the outskirts of the city in a cramped and chaotic cottage. When he was 16, his injuries got so bad that he would stay in his room for weeks at a time moaning and holding his legs and arms. Digging his dirty and overgrown nails into his bruises, causing cuts so bad that Craig would leave him alone. This was his escape from all the pain, just making his finally sober father see him. At the age of 18, he had stopped communicating with his father, simply allowing the pain to be felt, as it was demanded by his father. Nothing had any effect on his life anymore. He thought he would die early, so just gave in to the pain. This was when things changed.

His mother June, who had left Craig before Thomas was born, returned to their residence one night to wish Thomas happy birthday. As she approached the run down cottage, she saw police tape surrounding the area. Panicking, she ran up to one of the officers on scene. In the background, the figure of a man, covered by a loose white blanket being loaded into an ambulance. After questioning the officer, a life changing coversation took place.

She was told that her son Thomas, had killed Craig and ran away. This did not suprise her, as she knew how apathetic Craig was about her son. But years ago she had reported him to the police, but it was never investigated. She was also told that Thomas disposed of the body underneath his bed. The bed on which he cried for days and days. After running away, Thomas renamed himself to Desmond James. Over the duration of two years being homeless, he got into many fights, all of which he won. This obviously can't be considered an accolade, as he had to run and hide many times. He was invited to a private military organization after being watched by one of them. He displayed exceptional skills while working for this organization.

Sex Orientation: Straight

Theme Song: Time - Hans Zimmer

Have You Read, Understand, and Agree with the OP Posts & Rules In Detail? Yes.
Last edited by Seventh Oblivion on Sun Sep 06, 2015 7:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:05 pm

Imperial Duran wrote:Hey Guys I'm really interested in getting in on this and I'm reading though the IC thread right now but I did have a few questions.

If the Academy is in The tophat empire, why would Royalty from the Thracian Empire be in attendance? are the two allies?
I have a concept for a character thats a Synthetic lifeform would that be accepted in the Tau culture?

The academy is in the Tophat Empire, but the Tophat Empire and the Holy Empire aren't allies.

A lot of members of the Thracian Imperial Family exist, and Alexander is only the Third Prince. He was sent here for multiple reasons, including to keep him away from the Holy Empire

Imperial Duran
Attaché

Founded: Mar 24, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Duran » Sat Sep 05, 2015 9:25 pm

Tracian Empire wrote:
Imperial Duran wrote:Hey Guys I'm really interested in getting in on this and I'm reading though the IC thread right now but I did have a few questions.

The academy is in the Tophat Empire, but the Tophat Empire and the Holy Empire aren't allies.

A lot of members of the Thracian Imperial Family exist, and Alexander is only the Third Prince. He was sent here for multiple reasons, including to keep him away from the Holy Empire

Oh alright so its not like non Tophat citizens are expected to serve in the Tophat military then? We can jsut have our characters show up and be like "Hey I'm here to learn and Stuff"

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Sat Sep 05, 2015 10:37 pm

Feel free to beat up on your little sister, Tracian.

I can see Alexander doing something like that lol
Equalsun Empire is my spirit animal.
Feel free to follow my Tumblr to view my art!! ^^ SwankyPankeroni
Trace and Charli are my besties! ^-^
Personal Navigator of Tracian Empire!
*throws in cool nicknames for other NSers* (/ouo)/*.*.*

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sat Sep 05, 2015 11:40 pm

Imperial Duran wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:The academy is in the Tophat Empire, but the Tophat Empire and the Holy Empire aren't allies.

Oh alright so its not like non Tophat citizens are expected to serve in the Tophat military then? We can jsut have our characters show up and be like "Hey I'm here to learn and Stuff"

No, they're not expected to join the Tophat military. My characters are already members of the. Holy Imperial Military, as an example.

Seventh Oblivion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Seventh Oblivion » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:15 am

Has my app been accepted?

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Sep 06, 2015 4:18 am

Seventh Oblivion wrote:Has my app been accepted?

You will have to wait for the OP.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:03 am

Castle Crashers wrote:Feel free to beat up on your little sister, Tracian.

I can see Alexander doing something like that lol

Oww, he's not that bad.

He will hit Slaine instead.

The Tophat Empire
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tophat Empire » Sun Sep 06, 2015 5:34 am

to address your questions in order
  1. no, they are not allies, but the empire accepts applicants from any and all individuals that passes the background check, and that is thought to be able to pass the education
  2. the same that is expected of imperial citizens
  3. that depends, the empire utilizes drone in all manners of military and civilian tasks, but they are not sapient. Assuming that the character is self-aware, sapient, and a individual. They do not care if it is made out of bone, stone, or metal.

@Seventh Oblivion, it will not make me accept you fast by sending me a TG, and then posting in the OOC, i have a life, and when i get around to read your application, i will give you a yay/ney, they only thing you managed to do was annoy me and my morning tea.

in its current form i am inclined to DENY your application, as do just have a barebones application, this would have been ok, had you supplied a good RP example, but you have not done so.

My recommendation for you to get accept is that you either 1) supply a Rp example. or, 2) expand your application

Seventh Oblivion
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Seventh Oblivion » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:18 am

The Tophat Empire wrote:

to address your questions in order
  1. no, they are not allies, but the empire accepts applicants from any and all individuals that passes the background check, and that is thought to be able to pass the education
  2. the same that is expected of imperial citizens
  3. that depends, the empire utilizes drone in all manners of military and civilian tasks, but they are not sapient. Assuming that the character is self-aware, sapient, and a individual. They do not care if it is made out of bone, stone, or metal.

@Seventh Oblivion, it will not make me accept you fast by sending me a TG, and then posting in the OOC, i have a life, and when i get around to read your application, i will give you a yay/ney, they only thing you managed to do was annoy me and my morning tea.

in its current form i am inclined to DENY your application, as do just have a barebones application, this would have been ok, had you supplied a good RP example, but you have not done so.

My recommendation for you to get accept is that you either 1) supply a Rp example. or, 2) expand your application

I will fix it, sorry for being a nuisance.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:32 am

I wish I had joined the first when I had the chance.

Regardless, I will be watching this. Hf guys.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

The Tophat Empire
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Tophat Empire » Sun Sep 06, 2015 6:34 am

Sanabel wrote:I wish I had joined the first when I had the chance.

Regardless, I will be watching this. Hf guys.

'when I had the chance.'

The Rp is still open, you can still join

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse