NATION

PASSWORD

Fratricide: A Horus Heresy RP (Sign Up Thread-OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Krogan
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Krogan » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:56 am

New Strausberg wrote:
The Krogan wrote:
Nahhhh man, Russ would have killed the Thousand sons the moment he got in charge.

Really? What's the story behind that I've read none of the books but I've done a crap ton of research in the lexicon

Russ heavily dislikes psychers, and just the Thousand Sons and Magnus in general from what I could gather. The Space Wolves are actually the ones sent to exterminate them.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong or missed something.
Last edited by The Krogan on Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
The perpetual lurker of NS, trudging through the desolate winter.

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:58 am

The Krogan wrote:
New Strausberg wrote:
Really? What's the story behind that I've read none of the books but I've done a crap ton of research in the lexicon

Russ heavily dislikes psychers, and just the Thousand Sons and Magnus in general from what I could gather. The Space Wolves are actually the ones sent to exterminate them.

Crazy, who would have been a good pick, everyone hates each other for Emporers sake, the only one keeping things together was the Emporer and he would later go on to be put in a invalid state all cause he couldn't keep a closer eye on his kids

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Fri Aug 28, 2015 6:59 am

The Lion would've been a good pick.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

The Krogan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Krogan » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:00 am

The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:The Lion would've been a good pick.

As long as Luther was with him.

The Krogan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Krogan » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:01 am

New Strausberg wrote:
The Krogan wrote:

Crazy, who would have been a good pick, everyone hates each other for Emporers sake, the only one keeping things together was the Emporer and he would later go on to be put in a invalid state all cause he couldn't keep a closer eye on his kids

Really, I think only Horus , Sanguine, or Roboute (Ultramarine) would have been cut out for it, but even then they had problems.

Florys
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Florys » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:04 am

New Strausberg wrote:Well if you look back far enough it was actually the Emporers Sons of the III legion who started it all when they attack that slenneshy temple

I'd have to disagree right there. Just because Fulgrim's warriors were the among first to make contact with Chaos conscious beings, in the Laer, didn't make them architects of the Great Betrayal. Remember, the inhabitants of Colchis worshiped aspects of the Chaos Gods long before even Lorgar's coming to the world. Erebus is, and always will be the instigator.
There is a techical term for a tank stranded on the battlefield-A Target!
Armoured Recovery- HM's British Army.

Arete Et Marte-By Skill And Fighting-Cyprus Operational Support Unit.

#TalkNerdyToMe.

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:05 am

Florys wrote:
New Strausberg wrote:Well if you look back far enough it was actually the Emporers Sons of the III legion who started it all when they attack that slenneshy temple

I'd have to disagree right there. Just because Fulgrim's warriors were the among first to make contact with Chaos conscious beings, in the Laer, didn't make them architects of the Great Betrayal. Remember, the inhabitants of Colchis worshiped aspects of the Chaos Gods long before even Lorgar's coming to the world. Erebus is, and always will be the instigator.

Agreed I just sort of view that first incident as the can of worms being opened.

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:06 am

The Krogan wrote:
New Strausberg wrote:

Really, I think only Horus , Sanguine, or Roboute (Ultramarine) would have been cut out for it, but even then they had problems.

I hate the ultramarines so much

The Krogan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Krogan » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:07 am

I found it funny how the Emperors Son's book had a tragic love kind of story in it between those two human artists.

The Krogan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Krogan » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:08 am

New Strausberg wrote:
The Krogan wrote:

Why?

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:09 am

The Krogan wrote:
New Strausberg wrote:

Why?

They are just that chapter that seems so stuck up and pompous from what I've read about them even more so then the III legion

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:10 am

The Krogan wrote:I found it funny how the Emperors Son's book had a tragic love kind of story in it between those two human artists.

The ending was rather less funny.
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

The Krogan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Krogan » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:11 am

New Strausberg wrote:
The Krogan wrote:
Why?

They are just that chapter that seems so stuck up and pompous from what I've read about them even more so then the III legion

I admit that they can be a bit arrogant, but I'd have to disagree with them being more so then the Emperors son's, there's a reason why Slaanesh so easily corrupted them.

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:12 am

The Krogan wrote:
New Strausberg wrote:

I admit that they can be a bit arrogant, but I'd have to disagree with them being more so then the Emperors son's, there's a reason why Slaanesh so easily corrupted them.

True, I just don't really like the ultramarines I'm not sure I have a reason.

The Krogan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Krogan » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:12 am

The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:
The Krogan wrote:I found it funny how the Emperors Son's book had a tragic love kind of story in it between those two human artists.

The ending was rather less funny.

Of the two artists? Yeah... Funny isn't the right word, more like sad.

God that book was fucked.

Zaereas
Diplomat

Founded: May 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Zaereas » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:36 am

Character Information.
Name: Glosan Alvexus

Legion: Iron Hands X

Homeworld: Medusa

Appearance: Battle-Brother Alvexus has a similar look to his Primarch. A hard, battle-worn face with lines of overlapping scars, each one a reminder of the many hard battles fought and won in the name of the Emperor. His head is covered in a short, coarse mass of black hair, thick but hugging the scalp tightly, like a stubble on the top of one's head. He has a single dark, faded brown eye on his left side along with a primitive bionic eye on his right, gunmetal grey with a red lens. Wires from the eye run into the side of his head and the top of his cheek, leaving one side an amalgamation of cable and metal. A chiseled, defined chin further adds to the gruff and war-torn look of the veteran marine.
Standing at roughly 8ft tall, Glosan is a relatively average height for the superhuman Astartes, and just as heavily muscled as the rest of his kind. He has an early model bionic left arm, up to his elbow, with the exposed tendon hydraulics looking very exposed when not covered in ceramite armour.

History, Personality and Combat Record: Alvexus is what you'd expect from a veteran of the Iron Hands. Cold, ruthless and resolute in the face of the terror of the Imperium's enemies. However, there were few others quite so extreme in this regard. Usually withdrawn or detached when not in combat, and having a solitary life bordering on reclusive, preferring to ponder and mull over thoughts than to eat and engage in conversation with fellow battle-brothers, one of the few human pleasures the Astartes is capable of enjoying. Alvexus is cold beyond measure, decades, even centuries of war and battle coupled with the recent betrayal of half the once loyal legions of the Emperor have left him as soulless as the metal that inhabits his face and body.

Born on the planet of Medusa, Alvexus was chosen in the way most marines were, being a child that possessed far greater strength and skill than that of his peers. During his teenage years, he earned a reputation as a man of fighting talent and ruthless determination, traits that would carry through with him for the rest of his days. However, he soon found his superhuman ability to persevere was met with superhuman odds and challenges. It took longer than most, but now the fighting has began to take its toll, and at times the fearless and withdrawn facade can sometimes begin to crack and break, but even Alvexus himself cannot remember before the time he was purely an emotionless machine, fighting here then there. Raging hordes of rabid aliens, or his own traitorous brothers, they were no longer distinguishable.

Wargear Mark III Armour, Mark II Helmet, Bolter, Bolt-Pistol, Combat Blade, Frag/Krak Grenades

Player Information He's a big guy for you

How well versed are you in 30k Lore. Pretty well versed, read most of the Horus Heresy books, but it's been quite a time since I got into 40k and I'm mostly an IG guy so you'll have to bear with me on the extreme intricacies.

Please link samples to two previous RP pieces (Any Genre)

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=350496&start=25
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=350248
Last edited by Zaereas on Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Proud Member of the Australian Army!
Ex-Abrams crewman in the RAAC, currently training to be an Armoured Corps Officer up at Puckapunyal. I'm a tank and armour enthusiast, and currently spending my free time on getting a BMP-1 road legal. Feel free to send a telegram with questions about anything!

I'm a right-wing authoritarian, with a reactionary viewpoint and a bit of Third Positionism somewhere in the mix too.

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:38 am

The Krogan wrote:
The Armed Republic of Dutch coolness wrote:The ending was rather less funny.

Explain?

The Krogan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Krogan » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:40 am

New Strausberg wrote:
The Krogan wrote:

Explain?

The Emperors Children?

I can't remember if it spanned more then one book, but essentially their entire fleet turned into a massive orgy, murder, and orgy+murder at the same time from what I can remember once Slaanesh really started the party going.
Last edited by The Krogan on Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Zaereas
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zaereas » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:46 am

New Strausberg wrote:
The Krogan wrote:

They're the pretty poster-boy marines that got all the praise in the recent codexes, thanks to an author who's name shall not be spoken, and generally are the first chapter anyone new to 40k will know about or see, so they're created as the supposed "shining example" of how everyone else should be, when in reality they're one of the most bland chapters around.

Also, they're smurfs.
Ex-Abrams crewman in the RAAC, currently training to be an Armoured Corps Officer up at Puckapunyal. I'm a tank and armour enthusiast, and currently spending my free time on getting a BMP-1 road legal. Feel free to send a telegram with questions about anything!

I'm a right-wing authoritarian, with a reactionary viewpoint and a bit of Third Positionism somewhere in the mix too.

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:50 am

Zaereas wrote:
New Strausberg wrote:

They're the pretty poster-boy marines that got all the praise in the recent codexes, thanks to an author who's name shall not be spoken, and generally are the first chapter anyone new to 40k will know about or see, so they're created as the supposed "shining example" of how everyone else should be, when in reality they're one of the most bland chapters around.

Also, they're smurfs.

Agreed they are smurfs

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:51 am

The Krogan wrote:
New Strausberg wrote:
Explain?

The Emperors Children?

I can't remember if it spanned more then one book, but essentially their entire fleet turned into a massive orgy, murder, and orgy+murder at the same time from what I can remember once Slaanesh really started the party going.

Wait so just a massive orgy between battle brothers cause I don't remember any women other than the adeptus seraritus (I know I butchered that spelling) ever being in any contact with a space marine.

Zaereas
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zaereas » Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:53 am

New Strausberg wrote:
The Krogan wrote:
The Emperors Children?

Wait so just a massive orgy between battle brothers cause I don't remember any women other than the adeptus seraritus (I know I butchered that spelling) ever being in any contact with a space marine.

Slaanesh might have summoned a bunch of daemonettes.

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:01 am

Zaereas wrote:
New Strausberg wrote:

Slaanesh might have summoned a bunch of daemonettes.

Ahh didn't think about that makes a lot more sense. Then again it's an orgy so I'm sure some gay bits got to used

Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:03 am

It's a sound-orgy, actually!
P2TM Mentor
TG me!

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:05 am

New Strausberg wrote:
Zaereas wrote:

Also, they're smurfs.

Agreed they are smurfs

He-Who-Ruins-Codexes really screwed up the Ultrasmurfs. Their portrayal in Night Lords is how they should've been done, with the Codex Astartes like the Art of War for Space Marines, not some rigid doctrine. But Guillman was a utter prick.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse