NATION

PASSWORD

Fratricide: A Horus Heresy RP (Sign Up Thread-OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Florys
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Oct 29, 2013
Ex-Nation

Fratricide: A Horus Heresy RP (Sign Up Thread-OOC)

Postby Florys » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:39 am

Fratricide!

A Story of Brotherhood and Betrayal on the Battlefields of the 31st Millennium.

The Horus Heresy, the bloodiest epoch in the history of a bloody race. The greatest civil war in the galaxy's history and the death knell of Humanity's last, and greatest golden age. Brother fights brother and whole worlds are put to the torch in the name of causes as numerous as the warriors that fight for them. Independence, Order, Zealotry and Vengeance, bywords of a galaxy in flames. Yet this was not just a war of Gods, Angels and Titans, it was a conflict of loyalties tested to the limit, of truths uncovered and deceits spread through every legion of Great Crusade, of hope crushed and faith found in the hearts of every battle brother. A crucible for a thousand untold tales of heroism, survival and violence.

This is one such tale...

Well, that was quite dramatic, anyhow, hello and welcome to 'Fratricide' a squad level role-play taking place as the battle lines of the Horus Heresy are being well and truly drawn. As a player (Of which we will hopefully have six) you will take up the role of a battle brother in a multi legion 'Kill Team', deployed to investigate and exterminate and unknown threat on the distant world of Mendacium, and thus disconnected from the blood bath at the infamous Dropsite Massacre. Cut off from your parent legions and with a loyalties thrown into question will you be able to survive an ancient enemy, and indeed, your own squad-mates?

++APPLICATION FORM++
Code: Select all
[u][b]Character Information.[/b][/u]
[b]Name:[/b] Your Battle Brother's Name.
[b]Legion: [/b]Your Battle Brother's Parent Legion, can be from either Loyalist or Traitor Legions, as the team is as yet unaware of the Heresy. Please note that it is only one Legionnaire represented per legion, so you if you and another applicant both choose the same Legion, you will be in competition for admission.
[b]Homeworld:[/b] Either Terra or your Primarch's adopted home planet.
[b]Appearance:[/b] Please go to as much detail as possible, it'll go a long way to your admission,
[b]History, Personality and Combat Record:[/b] As as above, be imaginative and original, be aware of your legion's natural traits without becoming parodies of them.
[b]Wargear[/b]You have fairly free reign over your own wargear as veterans, however, not tactical dreadnought armour.
[b][u]Player Information[/u][/b]
[b]How well versed are you in 30k Lore.[/b]
[b]Please link samples to two previous RP pieces (Any Genre)[/b]
Last edited by Florys on Sat Sep 19, 2015 10:50 am, edited 2 times in total.
There is a techical term for a tank stranded on the battlefield-A Target!
Armoured Recovery- HM's British Army.

Arete Et Marte-By Skill And Fighting-Cyprus Operational Support Unit.

#TalkNerdyToMe.

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:42 am

Tag..

The Krogan
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Krogan » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:42 am

By the Emperors [explicit language] Tag!!
The perpetual lurker of NS, trudging through the desolate winter.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:47 am

Why the hell not.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Dec 02, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Armed Republic of Dutch Coolness » Thu Aug 27, 2015 11:49 am

Right-o
P2TM Mentor
TG me!
Discord available on request as well
Or join the Mentor Discord server!

Such a cool time I select, looking out my window, and that's that

The worlding of the words is AMARANTH.

Wanderjar
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 17, 2006
Ex-Nation

Postby Wanderjar » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:10 pm

Working on my app
MT
The Dual Habsburg Kingdom and Afrikaner Free State of Wanderjar

King Kristian von Habsburg
State President Michael Blair
Prime Minister Jan van Hoyek
Economic Left/Right: 9.00
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.59
"And I will execute great vengeance upon them with furious rebukes; and they shall know that I am the LORD, when I shall lay my wrath upon them." Ezekiel 25:17

FT
Loyal World of the Imperium of Man

The Krogan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Krogan » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:12 pm

Is there a limit of six players?

Florys
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Florys » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:19 pm

The Krogan wrote:Is there a limit of six players?

I can push to one maybe two more if the app's are well written, but it is squad level, so a rough limit of six is in place, yes.

#TalkNerdyToMe.

The Krogan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Krogan » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:23 pm

Florys wrote:
The Krogan wrote:Is there a limit of six players?

I can push to one maybe two more if the app's are well written, but it is squad level, so a rough limit of six is in place, yes.

Okay, the Luna Wolves have been turned into the Son's of Horus by now right?

Florys
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Florys » Thu Aug 27, 2015 12:25 pm

The Krogan wrote:Okay, the Luna Wolves have been turned into the Son's of Horus by now right?

Correct, the RP will start mere days prior to the Drop Site Massacre.

#TalkNerdyToMe.

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Thu Aug 27, 2015 2:18 pm

Character Information.
Name: Drachgral Black
Legion: Death Guard XIV
Homeworld: Barbarus
Appearance: Battle scarred and burned Drachgral has no hair on his head to speak off, scars liter ever inch of the Marines body as he embodies the very message of a Death guard...Immortality. He stands roughly around nine feet tall. His armor is covered in trophies of fallen enemies, having become a bit of a collector he makes sure his armor tells his story, adorned with skulls for those who have died along side him and tomb stones for those who have died because of him. He has one hand metallic the other human having lost a hand to an Ork Warboss in a hand to hand fight.
History, Personality and Combat Record: Drachgral's military career started soon after the finding of Mortarion on Barbarus, a faithful servant of his lord he would stand by his side through any conflict. He has a long history of survival countless accounts can be made where he and his squad would take the brunt of any attack, however it was as if death ignored there very existence. He is a quite indiviual only speaking when required. Inwardly he is a very calculating indiviual able to judge the worth of a person's words fairly quickly. He has not hesitated to execute brothers for cowardness. He personally took part in the Kajor Compliance,in which he and his squad where responsible for the execution and subversion of the natives only he and one other squad mate returned. The Battle of Gyros-Thravian against the Ork warboss Gharkul Blackfang was another of the series of bloody campaigns Drachgral oversaw. The xenos where slaughtered without mercy and many trophies where taken as a result. A major turning point in the sanity of the battle brother was the Battle of Istvaan Extremis. While fighting he was impaled by the psycker, and left for dead, however.... He clung to life and managed to survive ,treating himself sealing a massive hole in his chest where a metal rod had stuck through his armor after being thrown back by the war singers powerful energy. Shortly after this encounter it is said he started to act strange. Some say it was the chaos energy he was exposed to.

A silent type he tires not to get very attacched to those he's around, everyone's time comes eventually and soon maybe his will as well. Until then he will fight with a furry and passion, silent...but deadly...favoring long range weapons he is still no stranger to hand to hand combat. Using his Power Fist he once went toe to toe with an Ork Warboss cut off from his team, his striker, and all chance of survival, he left with a broken arm, six broken ribs, a missing hand and one large skull to mount as a trophey.
Wargear Power fist, Mark IV "Imperium Maximus Armor" Plasma Pistol, Boltgun, Striker (not sure how much I should have but I think this is pretty much the basics)
Player Information (whay should I put here?)
How well versed are you in 30k Lore. I am very well versed but mostly only in chapters that will turn to chaos, Orks, and the vents leading up to how this all started, blame the sons of the Emporer
Please link samples to two previous RP pieces (Any Genre)
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=352057

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=349206
Last edited by New Strausberg on Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Argentumurbem
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Argentumurbem » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:10 pm

Just a little nitpick for the Deathguard above: I dont think Heresy armour had been thought-up yet at this stage.

Character Information.
Name: Varaxx Tellis
Legion: Iron Warriors
Homeworld: Terra
Appearance: Picture a bear in his prime, vast in every definition of the word: arms that look short because of the thick slabs of muscle; legs that cannot truly straighten because of the weight bearing down on them; the opened flood-gates of the heaving chest as the gallons of blood flowed through its arteries; hair as thick as a forest of ancient oak trees and as lush as a field of grass planted in virgin soil.
Now shoot the bear with a rifle. Again. Again. Again. Again. Hack at it with sword and axe. Pierce the hide with speartip and rain down a torrent of diamond-edged needles. See the muscle be blasted away and taste the lost blood, the scent thick in the air.
Tear off the hair in large clumps with your hands, cauterizing the wounds as you go with hot poker and coal. Strip the bear of his pelt, leaving him with only bloody rags that was the skin underneath. Watch as the colour drains from its features.
The bear, pale and ruined beyond measure, is not ready yet. Place him in a desert, in the middle of a sandstorm. No ordinary sandstorm of course. A whirling vortex of granite and grit and sand, grey and grey and grey. Watch as the bear is struck by the thousand, thousand pieces. Witness the storm cloak the bear in a grey skin of grinding stone, burrowing deep in to the skin itself, never to be removed.
You see that bear now? The former majesty of strength and power and youth torn away, replaced with by nothing. Nothing but suffering and a thousand, thousand scars. A face that bore no hair, burnt flesh marking a score of close encounters. Hands stiff from the calluses, joints creaking from age. That is Varaxx.
History, Personality and Combat Record: Varaxx was one of the last recruits to be taken from Terra before Olympia became the Iron Warrior's homeworld, making his one of the oldest surviving marines in the Legion. Despite his age, Varaxx has not proven himself to be anything resembling an extraordinary warrior or leader of men, with his most defining action being that of surviving the liberation of Incaladion.
As like the rest of his legion, Varaxx adheres to the orders and wishes of his superiors, not even hesitating when ordered by his newly-appointed Primarch to turn on his own brothers in order to instill discipline. He preferred to get on with his duties rather than complain or attempt to find an alternative direction, trusting in his fellow Iron Warriors to lead the way. There is a sense of pride within Varaxx that does not often get vocalized, or indeed noticed overly much. He knows that he is a good fighter, a survivor if nothing else.
Barban Falk was his commander for much of his campaigning career, serving in the 126th Grand Battalion alongside thousands of nameless brothers who fell on shell-scattered grounds on a hundred alien planets, never to be remembered.
Following uncounted years of grueling siege warfare, Varaxx was designated for a garrison on the moon base of Deliver Judgement alongside twenty other unfortunate legionnaires. That seemed to be the end for Varaxx's active service, cast aside like an unwanted toy, a guard-dog chained to a lone pole after it had driven off the attackers. Forgotten.
Wargear: Mark Four "Imperial Maximus Suit" Power Armour; Volkite Charger; krak and frag grenades; bolt pistol; combat knife
Player Information:
How well versed are you in 30k Lore: Pretty well I would like to think. 40k is far better for me but its the same universe.
Please link samples to two previous RP pieces (Any Genre): How about these
Last edited by Argentumurbem on Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
To Stop The Scythe - A Sci-Fi RP set in the world of Mass Effect. Join the Shadow Broker's team and hunt down the mysteries surrounding the Protheans, uncovering secrets that were best left unknown and fight your way to the knowledge that can bring about the destruction of the Reapers.

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:15 pm

Argentumurbem wrote:Just a little nitpick for the Deathguard above: I dont think Heresy armour had been thought-up yet at this stage.

Character Information.
Name: Varaxx Tellis
Legion: Iron Warriors
Appearance: Picture a bear in his prime, vast in every definition of the word: arms that look short because of the thick slabs of muscle; legs that cannot truly straighten because of the weight bearing down on them; the opened flood-gates of the heaving chest as the gallons of blood flowed through its arteries; hair as thick as a forest of ancient oak trees and as lush as a field of grass planted in virgin soil.
Now shoot the bear with a rifle. Again. Again. Again. Again. Hack at it with sword and axe. Pierce the hide with speartip and rain down a torrent of diamond-edged needles. See the muscle be blasted away and taste the lost blood, the scent thick in the air.
Tear off the hair in large clumps with your hands, cauterizing the wounds as you go with hot poker and coal. Strip the bear of his pelt, leaving him with only bloody rags that was the skin underneath. Watch as the colour drains from its features.
The bear, pale and ruined beyond measure, is not ready yet. Place him in a desert, in the middle of a sandstorm. No ordinary sandstorm of course. A whirling vortex of granite and grit and sand, grey and grey and grey. Watch as the bear is struck by the thousand, thousand pieces. Witness the storm cloak the bear in a grey skin of grinding stone, burrowing deep in to the skin itself, never to be removed.
You see that bear now? The former majesty of strength and power and youth torn away, replaced with by nothing. Nothing but suffering and a thousand, thousand scars. A face that bore no hair, burnt flesh marking a score of close encounters. Hands stiff from the calluses, joints creaking from age. That is Varaxx.
History, Personality and Combat Record: Varaxx was one of the last recruits to be taken from Terra before Olympia became the Iron Warrior's homeworld, making his one of the oldest surviving marines in the Legion. Despite his age, Varaxx has not proven himself to be anything resembling an extraordinary warrior or leader of men, with his most defining action being that of surviving the liberation of Incaladion.
As like the rest of his legion, Varaxx adheres to the orders and wishes of his superiors, not even hesitating when ordered by his newly-appointed Primarch to turn on his own brothers in order to instill discipline. He preferred to get on with his duties rather than complain or attempt to find an alternative direction, trusting in his fellow Iron Warriors to lead the way. There is a sense of pride within Varaxx that does not often get vocalized, or indeed noticed overly much. He knows that he is a good fighter, a survivor if nothing else.
Barban Falk was his commander for much of his campaigning career, serving in the 126th Grand Battalion alongside thousands of nameless brothers who fell on shell-scattered grounds on a hundred alien planets, never to be remembered.
Following uncounted years of grueling siege warfare, Varaxx was designated for a garrison on the moon base of Deliver Judgement alongside twenty other unfortunate legionnaires. That seemed to be the end for Varaxx's active service, cast aside like an unwanted toy, a guard-dog chained to a lone pole after it had driven off the attackers. Forgotten.
Wargear: Mark Four "Imperial Maximus Suit" Power Armour; Volkite Charger; krak and frag grenades; bolt pistol; combat knife
Player Information:
How well versed are you in 30k Lore: Pretty well I would like to think. 40k is far better for me but its the same universe.
Please link samples to two previous RP pieces (Any Genre): How about these

Actually I did a little research, the heresy armor was in development (not sure if it was called that) I may have mixed up for and which armor it was that was in use so if needed I will switch it to four. Sorry if I made a mistake we are all human.
Last edited by New Strausberg on Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Krogan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Krogan » Thu Aug 27, 2015 4:52 pm

Garviel Loken was Terran right?

I seem to remember it being said he was somewhere.

The Krogan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Krogan » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:00 pm

Hey Straus, I don't think Mark V armor exists yet, seeing as the heresy hasn't actually begun yet.

The Krogan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Krogan » Thu Aug 27, 2015 6:06 pm

Character Information.
Name: Alister Lannis
Legion: The Son's of Horus, formerly the Luna Wolves

Appearance: Alister stands nearly 8 ft tall when out of armor, and like all Adeptus Astartes is hugely muscular. Though he is not as scarred as some of his brothers, the Son of Horus has a few scars across his body, two of the most notable being one that runs from the bottom of his eye to his jaw line, and another that goes from his right shoulder, diagonally down his chest, and curves around behind his back to where his kidney would be. Another noticeable aspect of Alister is that he has several tattoos as well, depicting certain objects that hold certain value to him, or things that remind him of past deeds, campaigns, or kills. The numeral of his Legion being one, and due to the change in name and symbol of his Legion, the badge and the Luna Wolves name are both tattooed onto the left side of his chest.

Alister has deep blue eye's, so blue that most accuse him of altering them to look that way, which is not the case and tells them so. The Space marine also keeps a smartly trimmed beard that is blonde/brownish in color, while his head is shaved on the either side with a strip of hair kept short on the top.

History, Personality and Combat Record: Alister Lannis hails from the Northern area's of Europa on Terra, and became part of the Luna Wolves Legion around the same time Garviel Loken, with whom he trained with as an initiate. After that though, the two rarely spoke to one another, and even as initiates hadn't been all that close; but they did respect one another and would occasionally exchange greetings and small talk whenever they met in passing, which could happen occasionally seeing as they served in the same company. After graduating from initiate, Alister was inducted into the 10th Company of the Luna Wolves Legion, where he has served for the entirety of his time as a Luna Wolf, never rising in rank other then being second in command of his squad.

Alister is usually quite friendly to most who know him, as well as those who don't, and rarely acts like an ass unless provoked or if he deems someone idiotic enough to earn his ire. His friendly demeanor should not be mistaken for weakness though, as he can easily switch between being a nice guy to a god of war in the blink of an eye if needed. He absolutely hates elitists and those who bully the weak, or in space marines term lower ranks, which has gotten him into trouble with leadership more then a few times, which could be a contributory factor in why he hasn't even made Sergeant with his impressive military record. Though the biggest factor in why he isn't is because he simply does not wish to be, Alister does not wish to have the responsibility of command placed upon and prefers his current status, even having refused promotion before.

Recent events though have made him.. uncertain of his place in the now Son's of Horus. He has noticed that ever since the Warmaster, Horus Lupercal was wounded, the Legion he has fought and bled for has begun to change, and not for the better. He finds himself more alienated with every passing day, and has had more then a few heated arguments with his brothers about some of the things he doesn't approve of in the Legion, such as the lodges. The thing that he dares not bring up though, is how they went about healing their father, for he has already received anonymous and veiled threats to shut his mouth and fall in line; his recent tattoos of their old badge and name hasn't made him any friends either.

As the days grow darker and darker, Alister tries not to lose himself in the growing abyss.

Wargear

-Alister is equipped with the Mark IV "Imperial Maximus Suit" armor because he is a member of an eventual traitor legion, most if not all of whom are equipped with the armor. Has the dark green coloration of the Sons of Horus.
-Bolter
-Plasma pistol
-Power sword
-Combat knife
-Frag and Krak grenades

Player Information: I am Krogan, here me roar!! (don't know what to put here)

How well versed are you in 30k Lore.
-It's been a while since I read the Horus Heresy series, but I have read a more books then I can count.

Please link samples to two previous RP pieces (Any Genre)

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=349608&start=750#p25802775

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=346153#p25095412

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:06 pm

The Krogan wrote:Hey Straus, I don't think Mark V armor exists yet, seeing as the heresy hasn't actually begun yet.

Yea I just double checked my source will change it now. I got mixed up with dates ugh I feel stupid. I think it was the Roman numerals, regardless I double checked, most traitor legions had mark IV giving them an edge over the majority of loyalists because they had to use the outdated II and III armors
Last edited by New Strausberg on Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Krogan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Krogan » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:08 pm

New Strausberg wrote:
The Krogan wrote:Hey Straus, I don't think Mark V armor exists yet, seeing as the heresy hasn't actually begun yet.

Yea I just double checked my source will change it now. I got mixed up with dates ugh I feel stupid.

Sa'll good, I only knew because I was looking up armor types at the time and cross referencing with everyone else.

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:10 pm

The Krogan wrote:
New Strausberg wrote:
Yea I just double checked my source will change it now. I got mixed up with dates ugh I feel stupid.

Sa'll good, I only knew because I was looking up armor types at the time and cross referencing with everyone else.

All fixed now, I'm excited been looking for a warhammer rp without a hundred people already in it. Also I just finished metro 2034 (or last light) got the bad ending its so hard to get the good one

The Krogan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Krogan » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:12 pm

New Strausberg wrote:
The Krogan wrote:

All fixed now, I'm excited been looking for a warhammer rp without a hundred people already in it. Also I just finished metro 2034 (or last light) got the bad ending its so hard to get the good one

Wait! there's a good ending!? how do you get that?

And same, pretty cool how two just popped up within a couple days of each other though.

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:22 pm

The Krogan wrote:
New Strausberg wrote:

And same, pretty cool how two just popped up within a couple days of each other though.

You have to give to the poor every time you go into a station, kill as few people in the game as possible knocking out doesn't count as killing, save the bear, listen to endless dialogue about what's going on, don't have sex with any strippers, drink vodka only once in Venice, find hidden locations which random,y give you good karma, don't kill lesninkie, don't kill pavel, and that's the short list. There's still a lot more it's insane

The Krogan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Krogan » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:25 pm

New Strausberg wrote:
The Krogan wrote:

You have to give to the poor every time you go into a station, kill as few people in the game as possible knocking out doesn't count as killing, save the bear, listen to endless dialogue about what's going on, don't have sex with any strippers, drink vodka only once in Venice, find hidden locations which random,y give you good karma, don't kill lesninkie, don't kill pavel, and that's the short list. There's still a lot more it's insane

What the fuck... I just assumed that ending was a concrete ending.

I think the only thing I did right was not kill either of those guys..

Do you mean the teddy bear? Cause I did get that back.

Damn I gotta research this and replay the game immediately.

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:27 pm

The Krogan wrote:
New Strausberg wrote:

Oh yes I forgot the teddy bear, yea that's a part too there's so much that goes into it the good ending I feel is so worth it though.

The Krogan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Krogan » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:29 pm

New Strausberg wrote:
The Krogan wrote:

Oh yes I forgot the teddy bear, yea that's a part too there's so much that goes into it the good ending I feel is so worth it though.

Oh man, I'm so pumped now!

But is there an action that allows you to knock people out? I can't remember.

New Strausberg
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby New Strausberg » Thu Aug 27, 2015 7:32 pm

The Krogan wrote:
New Strausberg wrote:

Oh man, I'm so pumped now!

But is there an action that allows you to knock people out? I can't remember.

Go up behind them and hit them it should give an option kill or knock out always knock out, guns will kill no matter where you shoot them. It's better to play it stealthy even when fighting the creatures the less you kill the better for the end game chances at the good ending.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse