NATION

PASSWORD

In Service to the Imperium; Episode 7 WH40K-OOC/Waitinglist

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Carcharhinidae primari
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Carcharhinidae primari » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:47 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:
Carcharhinidae primari wrote:heh. checked lexicanum just now. it's actually listed as a possible replacement there. not sure how a chimera chassis would handle that recoil that far forwards though.

You move the gun further back into the tank; makes it easier to hide with a shorter gun and can deal with the recoil better.

at that point you've basically made the basilisk replacement you mentioned earlier :)
Curious and industrious, PMT sharks in an FT setting.
factbook is WiP. but a basic overview of our species is below:
population (remaining, estimated) 6000
State religion: not enforced but every member of the species follows the Cult of Pas Mathéma in some fashion.
Goverment type: Council of 5 heading a technocratic fuedalist society
Govermental sovereignty: protectorate of the 44th independant legion; large independant but ceding to them for interstellar politics and trade
Military power: on an FT schale next to nothing, since our total number of starships is for now 0.

Carch, friendly anthro blue shark. got any kalamari?
... Am I the only sane scientist out here? Even if I'm Cult Mechanicus, I still count as sane given the rest of you...

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Mon Aug 24, 2015 1:52 pm

Carcharhinidae primari wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:
You move the gun further back into the tank; makes it easier to hide with a shorter gun and can deal with the recoil better.

at that point you've basically made the basilisk replacement you mentioned earlier :)

But it has a lower sillouette and unexposed crew.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Bone Fort
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 30, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Bone Fort » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:07 pm

Seeing as Thunderers are canonically field refute of laser destroyers armed with Demolisher cannons, I don't see why having Vanquishers instead would be frowned upon.
Edit: the lexicanum even says it's possible to refit them with not only the Demolisher cannon, but the Battle cannon and Vanquisher cannon as well.
Last edited by Bone Fort on Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Me summed up in one sentence.

I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.

Carcharhinidae primari
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Carcharhinidae primari » Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:15 pm

PFEW, finished my app. I'll make an orbat a little later.
EDIT: spoiler shennigans

Carcharhinidae primari wrote:checking in. wasn't going to miss this.

Regiment name: Brontian 55th hybrid assault
Home world: Bront.
Type of Regiment:heavy mechanised/armored hybrid regiment
Commanding Officer: Colonel Kaido Jamesson
Number of Guardsmen: 1355 (+ 1 missing commissar), split into the following sections:
610 infantry
450 medium infantry
60 heavy weapon infantry
100 heavy infantry

553 combat vehicle crew
144 drivers
265 gunners
61 loaders
83 commanders

170 support crew
32 drivers
32 commanders
6 vox operators
12 medics
23 trojan operators
22 lay mechanics
11 enginseers
20 chefs
12 vox/auspex operators

Command crew (22+1)
Regimental command
Colonel Kaido Jamesson
Vox operator Hal Jones
(absent) Commissar Marten
platoon Corewards
Major Jethro Willins
vox operator
3 guardsmen
platoon Rimwards
Captain Brutus Calico
vox operator
3 guardsmen
Platoon Spinwards
Captain Maximilian Hanze
vox operator
3 guardsmen
Platoon Trailing
Lieutenant-quartermaster Georgos Nostrof
vox operator
3 guardsmen
Support (Weapons, vehicles, etc):
Armour section:
1 Thunderer squadron
3 units of 3 thunderers each (total: 9 gunners, 9 commanders, 9 drivers)
6 Leman Russ demolisher squadrons
12 units of 5 demolishers each (3 gunners, 1 loader, 1 driver, 1 commander per vehicle, total 180 gunners, 60 loaders, 60 drivers, 60 commanders)
3 chimera squadrons
3 units of 17 chimeras each (total: 61 gunners, 61 drivers. vehicle commanders are also infantry sergeants of the chimera's squad)
support squadron
3 units of 2 chimeras 'samaritan' pattern each (1 driver, 1 commander, 1 vox operator, 2 medics each, total 6 drivers, 6 commanders, 6 vox operators, 12 medics)
2 units of 10 cargo trojans each (1 driver, 1 commander, 1 operator each, total 20 drivers, 20 commanders, 20 operators)
1 unit of 6 'mixed' trojans (1 minesweeper, 2 bridge layers, 3 mobile workshops; total crew 6 drivers, 6 commanders, 3 operators, 12 lay mechanics, 3 enginseers)

individual pieces:
1 malcador defender piece (modified into regimental command vehicle, 2 out of the 5 top heavy bolters stripped out, rest replaced with regular bolters. reducing coverage to 180 degrees in front of the tank, but opening enough space for command gear, crew of 2 sponson gunners, driver, loader and vehicle commander-doubles as demolisher gunner- in the hull, with the vox operator, regimental commander and option for the commissar in the turret)
3 command pattern chimeras (platoon command vehicles, 1 driver, 1 gunner, 1 commander each plus command teams)
10 chimeras at regimental level (heavy infantry squads, 10 gunners, 10 drivers, 10 commanders)
5 towed fuel trailers
2 towed kitchen trailers (20 chefs)
2 towed mechanicus workshops (10 lay mechanics, 8 enginseers)
1 towed vox/auspex trailer (12 vox/auspex operators)

infantry section
45 medium infantry squads (2 flamers, 1 grenade launcher, 2-3 shotguns, flak armour with carapace elements)
6 heavy weapon squads,( 1 bolter with tripod, 1 missile launcher, 2 flamers, 2 shotguns, flak armour)
6 heavy infantry squads (2 meltas , 1 flamer, 2 shotguns, 5 hellguns, carapace armour)
4 heavy infantry squads (3 eviscerators, 2 shotguns, 5 hellguns, carapace armour)

Armor and vehicle heavy regiments will have most detail here. Be reasonable on support weapons.

Uniforms: (Image)in combat most of the knives will be left in the squad chimera, and flak and/or carapace will be worn grudgingly, as it hides the scars.
official dress uniform does not have a shirt either, as every scar and weapon is carried with pride. officers go one further, replacing most of the knives in the image with swords accumulated over their campaigns, usually one after each planet conquered.
in colder climates a greatcoat is often incorporated, light flakweave but otherwise unremarkable.

Miscellaneous info: hailing from one of the younger hive worlds of the imperium, bront was one of the last planets settled in the angevin crusade, with the 33th army group given right of settlement on the planet. it was the last army group to be disbanded, and contained many veteran units. this instilled into the new, industrial colony a strong sense of discipline and honour, as each regiment formed the core of a clan. within a 1000 years of settlement the planet was classed a hive world, and the clans were engaging in the usual competition about land and resources as create the backbone of many hive-born regiments.
On Bront, however, these disputes are almost always settled in ritual mass combat, with knives and swords being held above all other weapons, and the traditions of discipline and obedience of the original regiments are still held high.
The penchant for using swords and knives to settle inter-clan rivalries is also the reason for their peculiar dress uniform, as each scar is seen as holding a story of victory or defeat, and often the two are treated as the same honour. Any scars on the back though, are seen as unacceptable, either from the bite of a lash as a criminal or taken when fleeing from an opponent.

because of their aptitude and preference for close combat, most brontians would not consider an armoured regiment to be their choice, but numerous of the brontian armoured regiments have gained high honour, favouring demolishers and short-range weaponry like meltas they are at their best at the heart of the fighting, making daring charges before smashing apart enemy formations and fortifications with the heavy weaponry available. This did not go unnoticed.
After much debate amongst the upper echelons of the brontian PDF it was decided that the next tithe would contain 20 hybrid regiments in an attempt to increase the already formidable performance of the seperated armour and infantry. In this way, it was hoped, the infantry would have the backing of assault and breakthrough tanks who knew exactly what they would do, were matched with in aggression and who would not feel unusual about seeing officers decorated with as many swords as would fit on their belt and backs.
At it's creation the regiment, as is traditional, was drawn with units from as many clans as possible, and as such represented the planet as a whole, instead of any particular faction on it. however the long wars has by now eroded all such differences, and though ocasionally one of them might use an unfamiliar term or dialect the battles have created a shared bond beyond any former differences. The only external element, their commissar, was lost about a year ago, and though the munitorum did send word that a replacement was being sent they have neither heard nor seen of him since.
How long has the regiment been with the Crusade?
The 15th is relatively new to the crusade, though elements of them have been fighting for decades in other battlefields. they were originally scheduled to arrive 3 years ago to reinforce the sagging battle lines before the true extent of the ork host was known, but their transport was blown of course in the warp and arrived 6 months late to the staging area.
this was a fortuitous coincidence, as a scouting party of orks has arrived and was already assaulting the land bases, any regiments were welcome. since then they've had little rest, moving from battlefield to battlefield as the crusade retreated.

-Regimental Commander info-
Name:Kaido Jamesson
Background:
He has been with the 15th since it's creation, being transferred over as a gunner for one of the thunderers in use in the regiment. Having joined the PDF young he had few scars from his worlds frequent combat on joining the regiment, and amongst the few veterans who still remember him from that time his old nickname of 'babyskin' is only mentioned as a joke.
During the first battles he quickly became marked for possible promotion, working his way up to commanding coreward platoon's unit of thunderers. As his responsibilities grew, so too did his reputation of leading by the front, and most of his scars stem from this tendency. After a particularly vicious battle against an insurrection on a remote industrial world he became the first non-infantry platoon commander amongst the brontian hybrid regiments when his platoon lost it's entire command element and most of the infantry. He still bares a particular scar of that conflict with pride, to the point of rolling up his sleeves when social protocol demands he wears one as a colonel, a discoloured groove running along his left forearm where a lascannon shot penetrated the front of his vehicle and grazed his arm.
Physical description:
Scarred and decorated, Kaido is around 6 foot tall and almost always stands upright in such a way as to seem a little taller. most striking at first glance are a pair of perfectly straight scars, sloping outwards above his eyes, as these are one of the few scars he bears from his homeworld's ritual combat they appear neat, far more so then the often crooked and irregular scars obtained in over a decade of war.
when in dress uniform he resembles nothing so much as a walking armoury or weapon exibition (blade design across the sector), with nearly two dozen blades along his belt and back, and while most of these are well-made but ordinary imperial designs commissioned after campaigns, two take special precedence. The first is an ork blade, itself a looted chainsword at first glance, which fairly solid regimental rumours claim he took from an ork mekboy who had the dare to challenge him to a duel on top of Kaido's malcador in the midst of a battle (details vary). The second blade is a inactive eldar power sword, which was found embedded in the armour of the malcador during the last deployment before being called to the crusade, again details vary, but the commonly agreed idea holds that it was propelled from it's owners hand into the armour by a demolisher shell going on in the midst of an eldar vehicle too damaged by lighter fire to evade. The blade has the signature elegant curves of it's alien race, but is entirely inactive, either damaged beyond working or it's power cell has run dry if they ever do with eldar.
Last edited by Carcharhinidae primari on Mon Aug 24, 2015 2:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
State religion: not enforced but every member of the species follows the Cult of Pas Mathéma in some fashion.
Govermental sovereignty: protectorate of the 44th independant legion; large independant but ceding to them for interstellar politics and trade
Military power: on an FT schale next to nothing, since our total number of starships is for now 0.

... Am I the only sane scientist out here? Even if I'm Cult Mechanicus, I still count as sane given the rest of you...

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:00 pm

Random thought.

What is the weakest point of the Space Marines armor?
“There are three ways to ultimate success:
The first way is to be kind.
The second way is to be kind.
The third way is to be kind.”
― Fred Rogers
Currently looking for an artist for a Star Wars fan comic I want to make.

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:01 pm

Zeinbrad wrote:Random thought.

Shoulder joints under those massive pauldrons or the vents in the backpacks.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Carcharhinidae primari
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Carcharhinidae primari » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:02 pm

aquila mark armour, the neckline. it's a shell trap.
errant mark, dunno. probably the joints?

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:05 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:

Shoulder joints under those massive pauldrons or the vents in the backpacks.

Let me guess, the vents explode.
― Fred Rogers

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:07 pm

Carcharhinidae primari wrote:

aquila mark armour, the neckline. it's a shell trap.

I'm just wondering, as I assume Chaos will somewhat be involved in this RP and I always picture Chaos Space Marines as being the leader of renegades.
― Fred Rogers

Segmentia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jan 16, 2010
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Segmentia » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:07 pm

Wanderjar and Morrdh are accepted.
"We've lost control! Now for the love of Earth...and the Sovereign Colonies, we've got to do what's right."

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:08 pm

Zeinbrad wrote:
Carcharhinidae primari wrote:aquila mark armour, the neckline. it's a shell trap.

I'm just wondering, as I assume Chaos will somewhat be involved in this RP and I always picture Chaos Space Marines as being the leader of renegades.

We might get like 5 Alpha Legionaries or something. Probably not many.

Military Democracy of Birtonia
Minister

Founded: Nov 20, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Military Democracy of Birtonia » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:09 pm

Segmentia wrote:Wanderjar and Morrdh are accepted.

Do I need to fix the numbers on mine?

Carcharhinidae primari
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Carcharhinidae primari » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:11 pm

Military Democracy of Birtonia wrote:

I.. would assume it just takes time to work through all these applications. especially since they can become quite big.

Legital
Senator

Founded: Mar 05, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Legital » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:15 pm

I'll be reviewing some other apps and stuff shortly. Just got back from class so I'll work with Seg on some of this stuff.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere."- Carl Sagan
"The Emperor Protects."
Male, Agnostic, Transhumanist, Independent (USA, politics)

Segmentia
Powerbroker

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Segmentia » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:41 pm

Yes. 2,400 troops is a bit much for a drop regiment, as that would also be a considerable amount of Valks tied up just for your regiment alone.
"We've lost control! Now for the love of Earth...and the Sovereign Colonies, we've got to do what's right."

Segmentia
Powerbroker

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Segmentia » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:43 pm

Also, Carcharhinidae primari accepted

Legital
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Legital » Mon Aug 24, 2015 3:43 pm

The Krogan wrote:
Extreme WIP

Regimental application

Regiment name: Tuchankan 31st Highlander Infantry
Home world: Tuchanka
Type of Regiment: Infantry
Commanding Officer: Colonel Jack Gordon
Number of Guardsmen: A little over 4,000 personnel
Support (Weapons, vehicles, etc): Armor and vehicle heavy regiments will have most detail here. Be reasonable on support weapons.
Uniforms:[spoiler](Image)

Miscellaneous info: Anything about culture, something extra about weapons, etc.
How long has the regiment been with the Crusade? The Tuchankan 31st are new arrivals to the Crusade, having just gotten refitted for active combat after several other tours in other sectors.

Name: Jack Gordon
Background:
Physical description: Blue eyes, blond/brownish hair, multiple scars and tattoos, very muscular and tall

In reserve or deployed? (Basically if you want to start as sitting around and waiting to be sent to fight, or if you want to start in the thick of it. This is an option because I know some people lose interest in the generally long build ups before we get into actual combat. So if you want to have that build up, maybe enter into some military politics for a bit, choose to start out in reserve. If deployed you'll start out in the thick of it.)[/spoiler]

Looks alright so far.

Carcharhinidae primari wrote:PFEW, finished my app. I'll make an orbat a little later.
EDIT: spoiler shennigans

Carcharhinidae primari wrote:checking in. wasn't going to miss this.

Regiment name: Brontian 55th hybrid assault
Home world: Bront.
Type of Regiment:heavy mechanised/armored hybrid regiment
Commanding Officer: Colonel Kaido Jamesson
Number of Guardsmen: 1355 (+ 1 missing commissar), split into the following sections:
610 infantry
450 medium infantry
60 heavy weapon infantry
100 heavy infantry

553 combat vehicle crew
144 drivers
265 gunners
61 loaders
83 commanders

170 support crew
32 drivers
32 commanders
6 vox operators
12 medics
23 trojan operators
22 lay mechanics
11 enginseers
20 chefs
12 vox/auspex operators

Command crew (22+1)
Regimental command
Colonel Kaido Jamesson
Vox operator Hal Jones
(absent) Commissar Marten
platoon Corewards
Major Jethro Willins
vox operator
3 guardsmen
platoon Rimwards
Captain Brutus Calico
vox operator
3 guardsmen
Platoon Spinwards
Captain Maximilian Hanze
vox operator
3 guardsmen
Platoon Trailing
Lieutenant-quartermaster Georgos Nostrof
vox operator
3 guardsmen
Support (Weapons, vehicles, etc):
Armour section:
1 Thunderer squadron
3 units of 3 thunderers each (total: 9 gunners, 9 commanders, 9 drivers)
6 Leman Russ demolisher squadrons
12 units of 5 demolishers each (3 gunners, 1 loader, 1 driver, 1 commander per vehicle, total 180 gunners, 60 loaders, 60 drivers, 60 commanders)
3 chimera squadrons
3 units of 17 chimeras each (total: 61 gunners, 61 drivers. vehicle commanders are also infantry sergeants of the chimera's squad)
support squadron
3 units of 2 chimeras 'samaritan' pattern each (1 driver, 1 commander, 1 vox operator, 2 medics each, total 6 drivers, 6 commanders, 6 vox operators, 12 medics)
2 units of 10 cargo trojans each (1 driver, 1 commander, 1 operator each, total 20 drivers, 20 commanders, 20 operators)
1 unit of 6 'mixed' trojans (1 minesweeper, 2 bridge layers, 3 mobile workshops; total crew 6 drivers, 6 commanders, 3 operators, 12 lay mechanics, 3 enginseers)

individual pieces:
1 malcador defender piece (modified into regimental command vehicle, 2 out of the 5 top heavy bolters stripped out, rest replaced with regular bolters. reducing coverage to 180 degrees in front of the tank, but opening enough space for command gear, crew of 2 sponson gunners, driver, loader and vehicle commander-doubles as demolisher gunner- in the hull, with the vox operator, regimental commander and option for the commissar in the turret)
3 command pattern chimeras (platoon command vehicles, 1 driver, 1 gunner, 1 commander each plus command teams)
10 chimeras at regimental level (heavy infantry squads, 10 gunners, 10 drivers, 10 commanders)
5 towed fuel trailers
2 towed kitchen trailers (20 chefs)
2 towed mechanicus workshops (10 lay mechanics, 8 enginseers)
1 towed vox/auspex trailer (12 vox/auspex operators)

infantry section
45 medium infantry squads (2 flamers, 1 grenade launcher, 2-3 shotguns, flak armour with carapace elements)
6 heavy weapon squads,( 1 bolter with tripod, 1 missile launcher, 2 flamers, 2 shotguns, flak armour)
6 heavy infantry squads (2 meltas , 1 flamer, 2 shotguns, 5 hellguns, carapace armour)
4 heavy infantry squads (3 eviscerators, 2 shotguns, 5 hellguns, carapace armour)

Armor and vehicle heavy regiments will have most detail here. Be reasonable on support weapons.

Uniforms: (Image)in combat most of the knives will be left in the squad chimera, and flak and/or carapace will be worn grudgingly, as it hides the scars.
official dress uniform does not have a shirt either, as every scar and weapon is carried with pride. officers go one further, replacing most of the knives in the image with swords accumulated over their campaigns, usually one after each planet conquered.
in colder climates a greatcoat is often incorporated, light flakweave but otherwise unremarkable.

Miscellaneous info: hailing from one of the younger hive worlds of the imperium, bront was one of the last planets settled in the angevin crusade, with the 33th army group given right of settlement on the planet. it was the last army group to be disbanded, and contained many veteran units. this instilled into the new, industrial colony a strong sense of discipline and honour, as each regiment formed the core of a clan. within a 1000 years of settlement the planet was classed a hive world, and the clans were engaging in the usual competition about land and resources as create the backbone of many hive-born regiments.
On Bront, however, these disputes are almost always settled in ritual mass combat, with knives and swords being held above all other weapons, and the traditions of discipline and obedience of the original regiments are still held high.
The penchant for using swords and knives to settle inter-clan rivalries is also the reason for their peculiar dress uniform, as each scar is seen as holding a story of victory or defeat, and often the two are treated as the same honour. Any scars on the back though, are seen as unacceptable, either from the bite of a lash as a criminal or taken when fleeing from an opponent.

because of their aptitude and preference for close combat, most brontians would not consider an armoured regiment to be their choice, but numerous of the brontian armoured regiments have gained high honour, favouring demolishers and short-range weaponry like meltas they are at their best at the heart of the fighting, making daring charges before smashing apart enemy formations and fortifications with the heavy weaponry available. This did not go unnoticed.
After much debate amongst the upper echelons of the brontian PDF it was decided that the next tithe would contain 20 hybrid regiments in an attempt to increase the already formidable performance of the seperated armour and infantry. In this way, it was hoped, the infantry would have the backing of assault and breakthrough tanks who knew exactly what they would do, were matched with in aggression and who would not feel unusual about seeing officers decorated with as many swords as would fit on their belt and backs.
At it's creation the regiment, as is traditional, was drawn with units from as many clans as possible, and as such represented the planet as a whole, instead of any particular faction on it. however the long wars has by now eroded all such differences, and though ocasionally one of them might use an unfamiliar term or dialect the battles have created a shared bond beyond any former differences. The only external element, their commissar, was lost about a year ago, and though the munitorum did send word that a replacement was being sent they have neither heard nor seen of him since.
How long has the regiment been with the Crusade?
The 15th is relatively new to the crusade, though elements of them have been fighting for decades in other battlefields. they were originally scheduled to arrive 3 years ago to reinforce the sagging battle lines before the true extent of the ork host was known, but their transport was blown of course in the warp and arrived 6 months late to the staging area.
this was a fortuitous coincidence, as a scouting party of orks has arrived and was already assaulting the land bases, any regiments were welcome. since then they've had little rest, moving from battlefield to battlefield as the crusade retreated.

Name:Kaido Jamesson
Background:
He has been with the 15th since it's creation, being transferred over as a gunner for one of the thunderers in use in the regiment. Having joined the PDF young he had few scars from his worlds frequent combat on joining the regiment, and amongst the few veterans who still remember him from that time his old nickname of 'babyskin' is only mentioned as a joke.
During the first battles he quickly became marked for possible promotion, working his way up to commanding coreward platoon's unit of thunderers. As his responsibilities grew, so too did his reputation of leading by the front, and most of his scars stem from this tendency. After a particularly vicious battle against an insurrection on a remote industrial world he became the first non-infantry platoon commander amongst the brontian hybrid regiments when his platoon lost it's entire command element and most of the infantry. He still bares a particular scar of that conflict with pride, to the point of rolling up his sleeves when social protocol demands he wears one as a colonel, a discoloured groove running along his left forearm where a lascannon shot penetrated the front of his vehicle and grazed his arm.
Physical description:
Scarred and decorated, Kaido is around 6 foot tall and almost always stands upright in such a way as to seem a little taller. most striking at first glance are a pair of perfectly straight scars, sloping outwards above his eyes, as these are one of the few scars he bears from his homeworld's ritual combat they appear neat, far more so then the often crooked and irregular scars obtained in over a decade of war.
when in dress uniform he resembles nothing so much as a walking armoury or weapon exibition (blade design across the sector), with nearly two dozen blades along his belt and back, and while most of these are well-made but ordinary imperial designs commissioned after campaigns, two take special precedence. The first is an ork blade, itself a looted chainsword at first glance, which fairly solid regimental rumours claim he took from an ork mekboy who had the dare to challenge him to a duel on top of Kaido's malcador in the midst of a battle (details vary). The second blade is a inactive eldar power sword, which was found embedded in the armour of the malcador during the last deployment before being called to the crusade, again details vary, but the commonly agreed idea holds that it was propelled from it's owners hand into the armour by a demolisher shell going on in the midst of an eldar vehicle too damaged by lighter fire to evade. The blade has the signature elegant curves of it's alien race, but is entirely inactive, either damaged beyond working or it's power cell has run dry if they ever do with eldar.

Carch, looking good as usual.
"Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere."- Carl Sagan
"The Emperor Protects."

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Democracy of Birtonia » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:06 pm

Segmentia wrote:
Military Democracy of Birtonia wrote:Do I need to fix the numbers on mine?

Yes. 2,400 troops is a bit much for a drop regiment, as that would also be a considerable amount of Valks tied up just for your regiment alone.

Mmmm ok, so 1,000 guardsmen, and I thought that would be a reasonable amount? If each one carries 12 men, that's half a platoon, so sixteen would be required to move two companies at one, in addition to the drop sentinels plus the extra two for medevac and supplies? Obvi your OP so I'll change that too if you want.

Segmentia
Powerbroker

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Segmentia » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:33 pm

1,000 works.

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Democracy of Birtonia » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:42 pm

Segmentia wrote:1,000 works.

So the Valkyrie numbers are good?

Segmentia
Powerbroker

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Segmentia » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:44 pm

I don't see a stated number of Valks in your app.

Zeinbrad
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Zeinbrad » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:44 pm

Began on my Commander.
Regimental application

Regiment name: 112th Kokodian Response Troops
Home world: Kokoda.
Type of Regiment: Light Infantry/Fast Response troops.
Commanding Officer: Colonel Ned Allen.
Number of Guardsmen: 1,210
Support (Weapons, vehicles, etc): Due to the fact they have to be fast, most Kokodian Guardsmen are armed with Lascarbines and Frag Grenades. Typically, every platoon has one squad with a flamer equipped guardsmen (this is due to the Kokoda Guardsmen also being adept jungle fighters) and also a Heavy Stubber armed Guardsmen to provide suppression and covering fire. Heavy Weapons Teams are equipped with Voss Pattern Grenade Launchers which are inaccurate but have a faster rate of fire to make up for that shortcoming, along with Heavy Bolters. For anti-tank use in standard infantry squads, at least one guardsmen carries a one-shot missile launcher. These are not very effective against heavy armor, but are good for anti-fortification and group control.

35 Chimera Transports.

12 Hellhound Flame Tanks.

12 Taurox Armored Personnel Carriers armed with Autocannons.

Uniforms:
Miscellaneous info: The Kokoda employ a special kind of squad in it's standard company-Rats. Rats are assault troops meant to get in the enemies face. They are armed with Combat Shotguns, Machete's and Laspistols. Rat's suffer the highest causality rate of the Kokoda troops and such are not deployed often.

People who have been deployed with Kokodian troops will tell you that Kokodians love booby traps. If they had an organized retreat, tanks, equipment,guns and even bodies will be booby trapped. This is either the standard grenade or even spikes or rock falls it depends on were they are fighting and how much time they have.

Kokodian's are expert jungle fighters, this is due the fact that Kokoda is a jungle world. This is also the reason Kokodians have an affinity for flamers-the burn hidden enemies and clear the way for tanks and large troop movements. This does not mean the Kokodians are a one-trick pony, as they can adept to almost anything on a short notice
How long has the regiment been with the Crusade? Six years.

Name: Ned Allen.
Background:Ned Allen grew up with the life of a simple man. His parents were farmers with no ambition but one of his uncles, who went by the name of Ted, was a Guardsmen in the Imperial Guard and often sent letters back home. Allen began to dream about life in the guard, reading his uncles letter with the religious fervor of a Ministorum Priest. Once he turned 18, Ned ran away from home, hoping to tell his family were he gone once he made a name for himself in the Guard. He came into the guard with the wide eye idealism that every commander wanted under him.

That soon faded. At age 22, Ned, then a corporal in the 111th Kokodian Light Infantry, had seen things he would never wish on his worse enemy. From demons to screeching women gutting his comrades with swords Ned had seen death and suffering, even if only for a few feet of dirt. Soon the eerie whispers of chaos began to spread through the 111th, and Ned too felt the lust for power, something to give him a feeling of worth in a galaxy gone to hell.

Then, suddenly, when Chaos began to spread through the 111th like wildfire, Ned saw what he could only consider a message from the God-Emperor. It was his family, waiting for his return. This gave Ned a sudden rebirth and as the virus of Chaos left his body, Ned stopped the 111th from rebelling and causing death and destruction.

The Inquisition found that Ned was pure in his faith, both in heart and mind. At age 30, Ned was transferred to the newly formed 112th and made into a company commander by Colonel Gilmore. With his faith renewed, Ned led his soldiers into battle, putting his life on the line to save them from deaths and Chaos embrace. By age 42, Ned was the Major of the 112th and second in command to Gilmore.

Then, two years ago, in the world of Cortuga, after heavy fighting with traitor forces, Gilmore was killed by a traitor sniper. Now commander of the 112th, Ned's first action was to hunt the sniper the 112th termed 'Kelly' himself-with a squad of honor guard of course. The hunt lasted for 48 hours, and the 112th captured several towns and ammo caches while hunting Kelly. They finally found him holed up in a abandoned church. Building barricades and tunnel into the Church, Ned discovered it to be defiled. Angered more, Ned tracked the Sniper down with only a Laspistol and Machete, and found him defiling a statue to the Emperor with heretical sigils.

He engaged in hand-to-hand combat with the Sniper, and through he killed him with a machete to the skull, the sniper managed to give Ned a limp with the butt of his rifle.

It is rumored Ned still has the head of the sniper, but the 112th respect Ned to much to ask and nor do they care.

Physical description: Stands at 5'11, skin is pale with the skins of a hard life of work and war and reddish hair. Walks with a slight limp that he picked up two years ago but it doesn't interfere much in his work. On his arms he has traditional tattoo's (much like the ones that the Maori wear) which in Kokodian culture are a sign of respect and wisdom.

In reserve or deployed? I have no preference.

Any problems with the bio?
― Fred Rogers

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Military Democracy of Birtonia » Mon Aug 24, 2015 4:56 pm

Segmentia wrote:I don't see a stated number of Valks in your app.

I put 22

Legital
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Legital » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:11 pm

Zeinbrad wrote:Began on my Commander.
Regimental application

Regiment name: 112th Kokodian Response Troops
Home world: Kokoda.
Type of Regiment: Light Infantry/Fast Response troops.
Commanding Officer: Colonel Ned Allen.
Number of Guardsmen: 1,210
Support (Weapons, vehicles, etc): Due to the fact they have to be fast, most Kokodian Guardsmen are armed with Lascarbines and Frag Grenades. Typically, every platoon has one squad with a flamer equipped guardsmen (this is due to the Kokoda Guardsmen also being adept jungle fighters) and also a Heavy Stubber armed Guardsmen to provide suppression and covering fire. Heavy Weapons Teams are equipped with Voss Pattern Grenade Launchers which are inaccurate but have a faster rate of fire to make up for that shortcoming, along with Heavy Bolters. For anti-tank use in standard infantry squads, at least one guardsmen carries a one-shot missile launcher. These are not very effective against heavy armor, but are good for anti-fortification and group control.

35 Chimera Transports.

12 Hellhound Flame Tanks.

12 Taurox Armored Personnel Carriers armed with Autocannons.

Uniforms:
Miscellaneous info: The Kokoda employ a special kind of squad in it's standard company-Rats. Rats are assault troops meant to get in the enemies face. They are armed with Combat Shotguns, Machete's and Laspistols. Rat's suffer the highest causality rate of the Kokoda troops and such are not deployed often.

People who have been deployed with Kokodian troops will tell you that Kokodians love booby traps. If they had an organized retreat, tanks, equipment,guns and even bodies will be booby trapped. This is either the standard grenade or even spikes or rock falls it depends on were they are fighting and how much time they have.

Kokodian's are expert jungle fighters, this is due the fact that Kokoda is a jungle world. This is also the reason Kokodians have an affinity for flamers-the burn hidden enemies and clear the way for tanks and large troop movements. This does not mean the Kokodians are a one-trick pony, as they can adept to almost anything on a short notice
How long has the regiment been with the Crusade? Six years.

Name: Ned Allen.
Background:Ned Allen grew up with the life of a simple man. His parents were farmers with no ambition but one of his uncles, who went by the name of Ted, was a Guardsmen in the Imperial Guard and often sent letters back home. Allen began to dream about life in the guard, reading his uncles letter with the religious fervor of a Ministorum Priest. Once he turned 18, Ned ran away from home, hoping to tell his family were he gone once he made a name for himself in the Guard. He came into the guard with the wide eye idealism that every commander wanted under him.

That soon faded. At age 22, Ned, then a corporal in the 111th Kokodian Light Infantry, had seen things he would never wish on his worse enemy. From demons to screeching women gutting his comrades with swords Ned had seen death and suffering, even if only for a few feet of dirt. Soon the eerie whispers of chaos began to spread through the 111th, and Ned too felt the lust for power, something to give him a feeling of worth in a galaxy gone to hell.

Then, suddenly, when Chaos began to spread through the 111th like wildfire, Ned saw what he could only consider a message from the God-Emperor. It was his family, waiting for his return. This gave Ned a sudden rebirth and as the virus of Chaos left his body, Ned stopped the 111th from rebelling and causing death and destruction.

The Inquisition found that Ned was pure in his faith, both in heart and mind. At age 30, Ned was transferred to the newly formed 112th and made into a company commander by Colonel Gilmore. With his faith renewed, Ned led his soldiers into battle, putting his life on the line to save them from deaths and Chaos embrace. By age 42, Ned was the Major of the 112th and second in command to Gilmore.

Then, two years ago, in the world of Cortuga, after heavy fighting with traitor forces, Gilmore was killed by a traitor sniper. Now commander of the 112th, Ned's first action was to hunt the sniper the 112th termed 'Kelly' himself-with a squad of honor guard of course. The hunt lasted for 48 hours, and the 112th captured several towns and ammo caches while hunting Kelly. They finally found him holed up in a abandoned church. Building barricades and tunnel into the Church, Ned discovered it to be defiled. Angered more, Ned tracked the Sniper down with only a Laspistol and Machete, and found him defiling a statue to the Emperor with heretical sigils.

He engaged in hand-to-hand combat with the Sniper, and through he killed him with a machete to the skull, the sniper managed to give Ned a limp with the butt of his rifle.

It is rumored Ned still has the head of the sniper, but the 112th respect Ned to much to ask and nor do they care.

Physical description: Stands at 5'11, skin is pale with the skins of a hard life of work and war and reddish hair. Walks with a slight limp that he picked up two years ago but it doesn't interfere much in his work. On his arms he has traditional tattoo's (much like the ones that the Maori wear) which in Kokodian culture are a sign of respect and wisdom.

In reserve or deployed? I have no preference.

Any problems with the bio?

Looks alright, though I must say you need a preference for either reserve or deployment. I'd say deployment, as rather few players have chosen to enter combat directly. All you need now is Seg's attention.
"The Emperor Protects."

Segmentia
Powerbroker

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Segmentia » Mon Aug 24, 2015 5:13 pm

Zeinbrad accepted, just make sure you pick deployed or reserve.

Segmentia wrote:I don't see a stated number of Valks in your app.

I put 22

That is good for now.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse