NATION

PASSWORD

Transcended (OOC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Akkaga
Senator

Founded: Jun 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Akkaga » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:15 pm

Charlia wrote:
Kaledoria wrote:To keep myself occupied I made a list of characters. Nothing official, so I just went ahead and speculated on your "Archetypes", so don't mind if I guessed wrong. ;)

PlayerCharacterAgeOccupationArchetypePower
CharliaCharlotte Noble17SecretSecretWings
GlendaliaElspeth Nottingham50sWidowFriendly WitchEvil Eye
TerranubisDani Ardawn15StudentRebel-BoyMetal Control
GenerailiaConnor Bradford16StudentHarlequinShapeshifting
AkkagaAlphonse Fen19Student???Energy absobtion/emmision
ZATAKAlexander Kemriov15StudentFriendly DelinquentESP, Telepathy, Pyromancy, Telekinesis, Physical Empowerment
TarnenBenjamin "Benny"22CriminalArtful DodgerEnhanced Speed
Waiting for Approval:
KerzacistanKerian Wolk24SkeletonSkeletonSkeleton
KaledoriaChrissi Walker17StudentDeadpan SnarkerEmpathic Empowerment

You remind me of myself. When I get bored, I make relationship charts for my characters.

Relationship charts? How you of do those?

+
You should join Ordis

Zatak
Post Marshal

Founded: Aug 05, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Zatak » Sat Aug 22, 2015 12:35 pm

Kaledoria wrote:@OP: What about the other characters, the Skeleton-Demon, my own and the Russian (who I like as a character but @ZATAK: Don'T you think the powers are a little lot overpowered? ;))

Considering his powers are severely limited and are based on his mental focus in a situation it does not seem that way... For example how focused will you be in a fight? Besides he is severely limited to anything other then telekinesis using Pyrotechnics only as an example with things such as physical augmentation being the only other thing he can really do and again this is limited and again requires more focus then would most likely be available in a fight.

Don't ya'll worry I gave him weaknesses! :p

In fact with my rules on the use of his abilities and his current mental state I may of made him totally useless in some situations... :lol:
want a embassy in zatak just click the link below
viewtopic.php?f=23&t=276378

Contact the Zatakian Government at: zatagovtele@hotmail.com

Follow the Zatakian Government On twitter!!!: https://twitter.com/ZatakGovernment

Akkaga
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Akkaga » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:21 pm

ZATAK wrote:
Kaledoria wrote:@OP: What about the other characters, the Skeleton-Demon, my own and the Russian (who I like as a character but @ZATAK: Don'T you think the powers are a little lot overpowered? ;))

Considering his powers are severely limited and are based on his mental focus in a situation it does not seem that way... For example how focused will you be in a fight? Besides he is severely limited to anything other then telekinesis using Pyrotechnics only as an example with things such as physical augmentation being the only other thing he can really do and again this is limited and again requires more focus then would most likely be available in a fight.

In fact with my rules on the use of his abilities and his current mental state I may of made him totally useless in some situations... :lol:

Plus the ability may be OP, but it depends on the person who writes the posts. So like I could make my power super OP, but I don't and won't because I know not to be a dick.
You should join Ordis

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:24 pm

Akkaga wrote:
Charlia wrote:You remind me of myself. When I get bored, I make relationship charts for my characters.

Relationship charts? How you of do those?

+

Well, I make a table, and each line is one character. The first box has their name, and then their general rank, and then a personal opinion of each of them.

Akkaga
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Akkaga » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:25 pm

Charlia wrote:
Akkaga wrote:Relationship charts? How you of do those?

+

Well, I make a table, and each line is one character. The first box has their name, and then their general rank, and then a personal opinion of each of them.

Ah. I never thought to do that.. Good idea though.
You should join Ordis

Zatak
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Zatak » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:27 pm

By nature most powers are Overpowered because by nature most power limits are determined by writers and what they want. A prime example is someone like Superman who has been made near invincible by writers notes when at the start he was little more then the Hulk...

I gave Alexander a common power really as many medias have Telepaths but the difference is I gave him realistic weaknesses and limitations he will have to struggle and work to resolve by exploring not just himself but his past and the people he knows.

Or I could end up making him a psychopath.. :p

Follow the Zatakian Government On twitter!!!: https://twitter.com/ZatakGovernment

Zatak
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Zatak » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:28 pm

Charlia wrote:
Akkaga wrote:Relationship charts? How you of do those?

+

Oh Char how great you are! :hug:

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:38 pm

Name: Charlemagne "Charlie" Aasef (تشارلي أسف)

Ability: Phase through solid objects at will. More specifically, she can render any part of her body (as well as anything that part of her body is touching - she can control this) "intangible" and thus able to pass through any other solid object. Any external object she renders intangible shifts to the same "plane" as her, so she can touch them while she herself is intangible. Intangible sections of her body still obey gravity, but are also still "attached" to her tangible parts. In other words, she can't fly but she won't fall apart while walking through a wall on the second story of a building. In addition to this intangibility letting her pass through objects, it means that objects pass through her as well (so good luck shooting her if she's paying attention!). Finally, if she de-intangiblizes (or lets go of something she's making intangible) while inside something, the molecules will fuse together, destroying whatever was currently phasing almost instantly. That leaves a nasty smell, too.

Appearance: 5' 10", skinny, average build. May post picture later if I remember.

Personality: Both outgoing and shy at the same time, Charlemagne rarely speaks up but always speaks out. "Loyalty" is not in her vocabulary, but "trust" is - her best friend will be the one who knows how far away to stay. She has a strong sense of morality, but rarely attempts to weigh in on others' actions.

Bio: The daughter of two Egyptian oil shiekhs, Charlemagne was born in America on the opposite side of the globe from where her parents lived; they had her delivered there in order to lead a better life before returning to Egypt. Her adopted parents tried to raise her simply, in spite of the rather large sum of money her parents left for her. She grew up hearing only that her parents were "In Egypt, making their own destinies" - she was satisfied knowing this much, as she liked her adopted parents.
In every other aspect, Charlie grew up just like every other modern-day American girl. She didn't have many friends, but of her own accord; she was perfectly content spending nights reading or trying to teach herself Arabic (an effort she began at 15 and hasn't made much progress with). She dreams of one day traveling to Egypt, more as a tourist than a pilgrim. Other than that, however, her main goals are simply live out every day better than the last...a goal her parents are more than capable of pushing her towards.
Due mostly to her natural shyness when it comes to meeting new people, most of her hobbies involve spending long hours in relative silents: reading, writing (literature and poetry, though she never shares any), and drawing are how she spends most of her days at home. She has a brother (her adoptive parents' biological son, and five years Charlie's elder), who's presently pursuing higher education on the other side of the country.
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Please, call me Benomia. Post count +14623, founded Oct. 23, 2012.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.
Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.
Equestican wrote:Ben is love, Ben is life.
Sediczja wrote:real eyes realize real lies
I'm a poet. Come read my poems!

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:40 pm

ZATAK wrote:
Charlia wrote:Well, I make a table, and each line is one character. The first box has their name, and then their general rank, and then a personal opinion of each of them.

Oh Char how great you are! :hug:

Akkaga wrote:
Charlia wrote:Well, I make a table, and each line is one character. The first box has their name, and then their general rank, and then a personal opinion of each of them.

Ah. I never thought to do that.. Good idea though.

Uh, thanks.

Zatak
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Zatak » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:42 pm

Charlia wrote:
ZATAK wrote:Oh Char how great you are! :hug:

Akkaga wrote:Ah. I never thought to do that.. Good idea though.

Uh, thanks.

Consider that my hello since I had forgotten to say it to you...

Kaledoria
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 06, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaledoria » Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:51 pm

ZATAK wrote:

Considering his powers are severely limited and are based on his mental focus in a situation it does not seem that way... For example how focused will you be in a fight?

The problem is, that this is entirely up to you to decide. So basically you have the ability to sense every molecule in an indeterminate area around your character, can "manipulate" it in any way with just a thought (Even if this does not mean "Lol, I just turned all the Oxigen molecules in your lung into Ozon, I'm not saying you are dead, but unless you can life without breathing you are." just displacing them is enough "I just scrambled around a few molecules in your brain, your are vegetable now, lol"). And all you have to write is "He struggled to mentally focus himself and then..."
That his pyromancy is only poorly developed is not a weakness as much as "His super strength is only slightly super" is not a weakness, if your power is flight or something. ... Or telekinesis. Saying that he has the level of control required to increase his physical attributes but he is not able to change anything anywhere into anything else seriously breaks my suspension of disbelieve.
And for some reason he even has telepathy on top? Why?

Besides he is severely limited to anything other then telekinesis using Pyrotechnics only as an example with things such as physical augmentation being the only other thing he can really do and again this is limited and again requires more focus then would most likely be available in a fight.

Well, if I made up a character with the power to make anything happen that he can imagine but gave him the weakness that he is usually not a very creative guy, I would hope the RP Owner would stop that, too.
Or look at it from that point of view: If you have a number of characters, slightly more powerful than humans with guns except one has the ability of a god only held back by a fragile mental barrier, do you really think, that any other story is possible but one focusing entirely on this character?
Okay, it worked in Watchmen with your character being Dr. Manhattan but I do not think this will work in a Nation States Story format.
I know, I'm cynical there but even if I trust you to not become overpowered within a few pages, the fact that you could puts you in a narrative position that I'm not sure that you are aware of.

...But then again, I distrust any telekineticist that does not define maximum impulse, force and pressure (Or better "can punch as hard as X lift as much as Y and has a fine manipulation ability comparable to Z"). It's something with Telekinesis. ;) That energy manipulation guy for example - the ability is likewisely poorly defined but I do not suspect that he suddenly pack a backpack of Lithium batteries and creates 10 Megajoule explosion around someone's head.
Last edited by Kaledoria on Sat Aug 22, 2015 1:59 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Zatak
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Zatak » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:06 pm

Kaledoria wrote:
ZATAK wrote:Considering his powers are severely limited and are based on his mental focus in a situation it does not seem that way... For example how focused will you be in a fight?

The problem is, that this is entirely up to you to decide. So basically you have the ability to sense every molecule in an indeterminate area around your character, can "manipulate" it in any way with just a thought (Even if this does not mean "Lol, I just turned all the Oxigen molecules in your lung into Ozon, I'm not saying you are dead, but unless you can life without breathing you are." just displacing them is enough "I just scrambled around a few molecules in your brain, your are vegetable now, lol").
That his pyromancy is only poorly developed is not a weakness as much as "His super strength is only slightly super" is not a weakness, if your power is flight or something. ... Or telekinesis. Saying that he has the level of control required to increase his physical attributes but he is not able to change anything anywhere into anything else seriously breaks my suspension of disbelieve.
And for some reason he even has telepathy on top? Why?

Besides he is severely limited to anything other then telekinesis using Pyrotechnics only as an example with things such as physical augmentation being the only other thing he can really do and again this is limited and again requires more focus then would most likely be available in a fight.

Well, if I made up a character with the power to make anything happen that he can imagine but gave him the weakness that he is usually not a very creative guy, I would hope the RP Owner would stop that, too.
Or look at it from that point of view: If you have a number of characters, slightly more powerful than humans with guns except one has the ability of a god only held back by a fragile mental barrier, do you really think, that any other story is possible but one focusing entirely on this character?
Okay, it worked in Watchmen with your character being Dr. Manhattan but I do not think this will work in a Nation States Story format.

...But then again, I distrust any telekineticist that does not define maximum impulse, force and pressure (Or better "can punch as hard as X lift as much as Y and has a fine manipulation ability comparable to Z"). It's something with Telekinesis. ;) That energy manipulation guy for example - the ability is likewisely poorly defined but I do not suspect that he suddenly pack a backpack of Lithium batteries and creates 10 Megajoule explosion around someone's head.

Actually I was going for a Watchmen like character....

The problem with certain abilities (Such as Telekinesis) is that they are abilities where naturally they could just kill you while drinking a morning coffee and reading the daily news. These types of abilities and most superhero abilities in general tend to be able to kill a person with little effort yet no one ever seems to actually do it.

For example the Human Torch could easily incinerate any person who stands in the way of him or at least most people yet most times he doesn't because what is the fun in that? It ruins the character and the story by giving him the power to just incinerate anyone with a box of fire. I have to give him some weaknesses over then the normal Telepathic weaknesses and really I just thought of the first things off the top of my head and hoped for the best! :p

Superpowers can suck sometimes... They often have instant killing powers yet no one ever uses it because story and the need to have a interesting character means that they really can't unless your someone like Wolverine who requires half a trillion books just to finally die only to come right back because HEALING FACTOR BIATCH!!

Either that or I just really wanted to get a app up... Take your pick really...

Terranubis
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Terranubis » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:21 pm

Though Dani is practically unkillable by metal bullets when his power is at top peak, he also has weaknesses. In the IC I plan to write about how because he used so much more power than he trained for, it caused him to have a near death experiance. (Crushing a whole car like a soda can is a bit much for a beginner, isn't it?). Using his power past what he trains for requires sacrificeing his health & energy. HORRIBLE stuff happens to him when he uses his power past what he has practised with...

Kaledoria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaledoria » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:40 pm

ZATAK wrote:Actually I was going for a Watchmen like character....

The problem with certain abilities (Such as Telekinesis) is that they are abilities where naturally they could just kill you while drinking a morning coffee and reading the daily news. These types of abilities and most superhero abilities in general tend to be able to kill a person with little effort yet no one ever seems to actually do it.

For example the Human Torch could easily incinerate any person who stands in the way of him or at least most people yet most times he doesn't because what is the fun in that? It ruins the character and the story by giving him the power to just incinerate anyone with a box of fire. I have to give him some weaknesses over then the normal Telepathic weaknesses and really I just thought of the first things off the top of my head and hoped for the best! :p

Superpowers can suck sometimes... They often have instant killing powers yet no one ever uses it because story and the need to have a interesting character means that they really can't unless your someone like Wolverine who requires half a trillion books just to finally die only to come right back because HEALING FACTOR BIATCH!!

There is nothing wrong with Telekinesis and I even like the idea of "feeling" - but in the sense of turning this into a "Has a tactile sense of everything around him in something like 30-100 ft radius." He could then deliver a force equal to a very strong man or maybe - if he pushes himself to the limits - of a black bear. He would only have a moderate or low fine manipulation ability - maybe equal to a person wearing mittens - but could easily manipulate multiple objects in short range at once or even deliver his telekinetic force over an area, for example in a force-wave like fashion.
I think this goes very well with the "feeling" idea. He touches everything around him but not with his hands but with "the force" (maybe incredibly precise instruments like an apothecary's scales could even measure his "feeling") and eventually tune up that feeling to violent pushes, pulls or poltergeist-phenomenas.

Well defined, balanced with the others, flavorful without unnecessary pyrokinetics or telepathy strapped on it and avoiding the implication when enabling him to manipulate stuff on molecular or atomic level.

But then again, I'm not the boss here, I can only speak out my concerns and hope since you are aware of them now, you can avoid them to happen.
Last edited by Kaledoria on Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zatak
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Zatak » Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:44 pm

Kaledoria wrote:
ZATAK wrote:Actually I was going for a Watchmen like character....

There is nothing wrong with Telekinesis and I even like the idea of "feeling" - but in the sense of turning this into a "Has a tactile sense of everything around him in something like 30-100 ft radius." He could then deliver a force equal to a very strong man or maybe - if he pushes himself to the limits - of a black bear. He would only have a moderate or low fine manipulation ability - maybe equal to a person wearing mittens - but could easily manipulate multiple objects in short range at once or even deliver his telekinetic force over an area, for example in a force-wave like fashion.
I think this goes very well with the "feeling" idea. He touches everything around him but not with his hands but with "the force" (maybe incredibly precise instruments like an apothecary's scales could even measure his "feeling") and eventually tune up that feeling to violent pushes, pulls or poltergeist-phenomenas.

Well defined, balanced with the others, flavorful without unnecessary pyrokinetics or telepathy strapped on it and avoiding the implication when enabling him to manipulate stuff on molecular or atomic level.

Now your getting what I was sorta going for! :p

Really this is a test character... Mainly I am using him to test a few character and ability traits in a RP scenario. The concept behind 'Feeling' revolves to something similar to the force in nature with the idea of the force being little more then a person with Omnikenisis capability. The whole idea revolves around being able to 'feel' everything around you again without needing to interact with something and then manipulating it in a show of force.

A problem with Feeling is just defining the limitations and such of the ability which I had planned to do in the IC mainly by playing along and seeing what happened. The thing is that now I am thinking that I should just make them now...
Last edited by Zatak on Sat Aug 22, 2015 2:59 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Kaledoria
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kaledoria » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:10 pm

*checks Omnikinesis on the Superpower wiki* - Whow, those guys have names for everything. :D

Zatak
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Zatak » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:12 pm

Kaledoria wrote:*checks Omnikinesis on the Superpower wiki* - Whow, those guys have names for everything. :D

That is the force... That seriously is what it is...

And yes they have names for every little thing... Remember them all!

Terranubis
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 06, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Terranubis » Sat Aug 22, 2015 3:25 pm

Dani doesn't like cops whatsoever. To him it isn't just the local ones he met, it's all of them because he hasn't met a cop that hasn't enforced laws he thinks are unfair, (such as laws about truant or "runaway" minors), he treats them all the same. They are all enforcing the same laws so he likely will NEVER meet one he doesn't despise, unless the cop refuses to do their job, which is unlikely unless by force. He doesn't feel singled out necessarily, he feels like his "kind" are being unfairly discriminated against, (people under 18), & that people over 18 should not automatically have more rights than people under 18. He feels that "no human being should have control over another because of age. no one can CHOOSE how old they are, just like no one can CHOOSE where they were born, what their skin color they were born with, what sex they were born as" (meaning parent controling child, minors vs. adults, so on & so forth). He also has seen the typical videos & heard the abundant stories of police misconduct. This has given him a bias against them for things that never happened to HIM specifically, such as the strories about pregnant women being hit in the belly while protesting peacefully.He plans to get revenge on all the cops that enforced "unfair" laws on him (runaway minor laws & such). Later he plans to bring ALL cops to "justice" that have done things that he finds wrong (Even if they didn't do it to him SPECIFICALLY), now that he has his power.

Soviet Chernarus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 19, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Soviet Chernarus » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:02 pm

Name: Jordan Hunter
Ability: He can create and manipulate string from his fingers; while it may not sound like much, given enough force, it can cut flesh and even bone, control people like a puppet (although he can only control 1 person at a time), and create various traps and nets; while it has a wide range of uses and possibilities, it still has it's limitations. Only a limited amount of string can be created at once, and if he is somehow knocked unconscious or is killed, any string he has created will disappear.
Appearance: Here
Personality: Friendly to most people, although he can be a little quiet at times. Rather patient and typically never gets angry, unless you somehow manage to piss him off. Prefers to avoid fights and arguments if necessary, and can be very lazy at times. A procrastinator, this tends to backfire on him plenty of times, and he oftentimes does stuff at the last possible minute.
Bio: Jordan Hunter was born in the peaceful, quiet, and relatively uneventful town of Milton; his parents operated a restaurant, serving local cuisine and drinks to customers. While it was never really too successful, they made enough money to live and still have money to purchase luxuries such phones, new clothes, etc. Growing up, Jordan was an only child, and often was seen playing with other children out in neighborhood whenever he could, due to having no siblings and no real interests except for playing games outside. He had a relatively normal childhood, although his rowdy personality got him in trouble sometimes. Due to their work at the restaurant, his parents never had enough time to take care of him as they would have had liked to.

However, as Jordan continued to grow up, he gradually became less rowdy and a more quiet boy; he had a decent social life at school; obviously not one of the more popular guys at school, it wasn't like he had no friends at all. He developed an interest, mainly in history, even dabbling into politics and the other international events that happened while he grew up. Despite this, Jordan viewed Milton to be a boring town; rarely anything happened, with the exception of the meteor shower, which, although he went to view it several times, quickly got boring, along with the rest of the town. His parents started to take him to vacations several times outside of Milton, mainly visiting different places and cities all across the country, but due to restaurant work neither of them could stay long nor afford to stay away from work too long.

However, one eventful day, he went to view the meteor shower, expecting nothing unusual to happen until after midnight. A meteor managed to land and explode, as shrapnel flew in all directions and a shard was able to hit and pierce Jordan. While he would later be treated for his injuries, he had no idea that his life would be changed, either for the better or the worse. Several days after the explosion, he started getting strange feelings in both his hands; quickly discovering his ability, he tried to keep it a secret from his parents, which wasn't too difficult given that they would be at work for most of the day. In his room and during his spare time, he would often experiment and play with his new-found superpowers. Jordan became relatively decent at using it, but with the sudden appearance of federal government agents at the town, he has refrained from playing with his abilities, for fear of it being found out and the government having ulterior motives for coming to this once-quiet town.

Tarnen
Powerbroker

Founded: Oct 22, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnen » Sat Aug 22, 2015 5:22 pm

Kaledoria and Kerzacistan accepted
Bezombia wrote:Name: Charlemagne "Charlie" Aasef (تشارلي أسف)

Ability: Phase through solid objects at will. More specifically, she can render any part of her body (as well as anything that part of her body is touching - she can control this) "intangible" and thus able to pass through any other solid object. Any external object she renders intangible shifts to the same "plane" as her, so she can touch them while she herself is intangible. Intangible sections of her body still obey gravity, but are also still "attached" to her tangible parts. In other words, she can't fly but she won't fall apart while walking through a wall on the second story of a building. In addition to this intangibility letting her pass through objects, it means that objects pass through her as well (so good luck shooting her if she's paying attention!). Finally, if she de-intangiblizes (or lets go of something she's making intangible) while inside something, the molecules will fuse together, destroying whatever was currently phasing almost instantly. That leaves a nasty smell, too.

Appearance: 5' 10", skinny, average build. May post picture later if I remember.

Personality: Both outgoing and shy at the same time, Charlemagne rarely speaks up but always speaks out. "Loyalty" is not in her vocabulary, but "trust" is - her best friend will be the one who knows how far away to stay. She has a strong sense of morality, but rarely attempts to weigh in on others' actions.

Bio: The daughter of two Egyptian oil shiekhs, Charlemagne was born in America on the opposite side of the globe from where her parents lived; they had her delivered there in order to lead a better life before returning to Egypt. Her adopted parents tried to raise her simply, in spite of the rather large sum of money her parents left for her. She grew up hearing only that her parents were "In Egypt, making their own destinies" - she was satisfied knowing this much, as she liked her adopted parents.
In every other aspect, Charlie grew up just like every other modern-day American girl. She didn't have many friends, but of her own accord; she was perfectly content spending nights reading or trying to teach herself Arabic (an effort she began at 15 and hasn't made much progress with). She dreams of one day traveling to Egypt, more as a tourist than a pilgrim. Other than that, however, her main goals are simply live out every day better than the last...a goal her parents are more than capable of pushing her towards.
Due mostly to her natural shyness when it comes to meeting new people, most of her hobbies involve spending long hours in relative silents: reading, writing (literature and poetry, though she never shares any), and drawing are how she spends most of her days at home. She has a brother (her adoptive parents' biological son, and five years Charlie's elder), who's presently pursuing higher education on the other side of the country.

Soviet Chernarus wrote:Name: Jordan Hunter
Ability: He can create and manipulate string from his fingers; while it may not sound like much, given enough force, it can cut flesh and even bone, control people like a puppet (although he can only control 1 person at a time), and create various traps and nets; while it has a wide range of uses and possibilities, it still has it's limitations. Only a limited amount of string can be created at once, and if he is somehow knocked unconscious or is killed, any string he has created will disappear.
Appearance: Here
Personality: Friendly to most people, although he can be a little quiet at times. Rather patient and typically never gets angry, unless you somehow manage to piss him off. Prefers to avoid fights and arguments if necessary, and can be very lazy at times. A procrastinator, this tends to backfire on him plenty of times, and he oftentimes does stuff at the last possible minute.
Bio: Jordan Hunter was born in the peaceful, quiet, and relatively uneventful town of Milton; his parents operated a restaurant, serving local cuisine and drinks to customers. While it was never really too successful, they made enough money to live and still have money to purchase luxuries such phones, new clothes, etc. Growing up, Jordan was an only child, and often was seen playing with other children out in neighborhood whenever he could, due to having no siblings and no real interests except for playing games outside. He had a relatively normal childhood, although his rowdy personality got him in trouble sometimes. Due to their work at the restaurant, his parents never had enough time to take care of him as they would have had liked to.

However, as Jordan continued to grow up, he gradually became less rowdy and a more quiet boy; he had a decent social life at school; obviously not one of the more popular guys at school, it wasn't like he had no friends at all. He developed an interest, mainly in history, even dabbling into politics and the other international events that happened while he grew up. Despite this, Jordan viewed Milton to be a boring town; rarely anything happened, with the exception of the meteor shower, which, although he went to view it several times, quickly got boring, along with the rest of the town. His parents started to take him to vacations several times outside of Milton, mainly visiting different places and cities all across the country, but due to restaurant work neither of them could stay long nor afford to stay away from work too long.

However, one eventful day, he went to view the meteor shower, expecting nothing unusual to happen until after midnight. A meteor managed to land and explode, as shrapnel flew in all directions and a shard was able to hit and pierce Jordan. While he would later be treated for his injuries, he had no idea that his life would be changed, either for the better or the worse. Several days after the explosion, he started getting strange feelings in both his hands; quickly discovering his ability, he tried to keep it a secret from his parents, which wasn't too difficult given that they would be at work for most of the day. In his room and during his spare time, he would often experiment and play with his new-found superpowers. Jordan became relatively decent at using it, but with the sudden appearance of federal government agents at the town, he has refrained from playing with his abilities, for fear of it being found out and the government having ulterior motives for coming to this once-quiet town.

Accepted.
My RPs:
The Supernatural Chronicles

Fiery Armageddon
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 21, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Fiery Armageddon » Sat Aug 22, 2015 6:50 pm

Hmm, trying to think of an interesting character, but I'm definitely interested.
You're average kind fellow, who secretly runs an oppressive dictatorship on a brilliant website. Love it.

Tarnen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnen » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:02 pm

Let's see if I can make an IC with just my phone :p
My RPs:

Kerzacistan
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kerzacistan » Sun Aug 23, 2015 6:17 pm

Tarnen wrote:Let's see if I can make an IC with just my phone :p

Would it be too late to give my the ability to merge with other bones? Like he can add them to his frame and use them as armor and stuff, I think it'd be cool and not too over powered, unless we go to france...
2 + 2 = 5
I really like cats, they like books, and I like books, which we share.
I'm a bit lot of an Insomniac.
My gender is whatever, I don't really care.

Tarnen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Tarnen » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:34 pm

Kerzacistan wrote:
Tarnen wrote:Let's see if I can make an IC with just my phone :p

Would it be too late to give my the ability to merge with other bones? Like he can add them to his frame and use them as armor and stuff, I think it'd be cool and not too over powered, unless we go to france...

I guess
My RPs:

In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam
Senator

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam » Sun Aug 23, 2015 7:36 pm

Tag.
Char should i join this?
Current Rps:
Yangire