NATION

PASSWORD

The Five Kings of Winter [IC Thread]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Everhall
Senator

Founded: Sep 23, 2014
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Everhall » Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:36 am

Cymrea wrote:
Everhall wrote:"Just one your grace," Alexander responded rising again, "Why have you chosen me for such mission, I'm not really the diplomatic type."

Cambrius nodded; it was a fair question. "Because of all my advisors, you possess the most talent for strategy and tactics; you speak from strength, and that is the primary trait we must convey to Eastmarch. The dwarves don't respect flowery speech or courtly manners. Northwall is strong, and all of Durrendel must recognise that inescapable fact. With the east at our side, our strength will be unmatched."

"Understood my King, For the North!" Alexander saluted as he began to walk out the keep,

Damn he thought, I arrived just today and again I'm leaving.... and I had just got used to the cold...

As the young General exited Palace Grounds, he noticed a Elkfolk being dragged into the palace,

"Eh, you guys," Alexander called out, "What are you doing with that Elkman (Another name for them)

"Our 'friend' here decided it was a smart ideas to stab a noble! A noble! We're taking him to face judgement." the guard replied

Alexander walked to the Elk, looking at the man, glaring, but yet calm,

"So, why'd you think it was a good Idea to kill a noble, please, explain."
Last edited by Everhall on Thu Aug 20, 2015 1:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Kaidou
Senator

Founded: Aug 03, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Kaidou » Thu Aug 20, 2015 4:23 pm

The sun slowly rose above the snowy trees as Barius awoke, followed shortly by Brand, who sat in the bed groggily, rubbing his eyes and stretching. Picking up his javelin, Barius walked outside the tent, only to realise that something was amiss.

"Brand? Get up, something doesn't feel right…"

The moment he said that, a large, white arm burst forth from the snow, grabbing Barius and swinging him in the air. Stunned, but not helpless, Barius swung his javelin, lopping off three of the hand's large fingers. He fell a few metres, landing on his good leg and using his javelin to balance himself out. The hand, now missing its middle, ring, and pinky finger, slowly sank beneath the snow.

From the cover of the trees emerged a man in a black cloak emblazoned with sky blue swirls on the sleeves. Drawing a sword, he pointed the long blade at Barius and Brand. To Barius' surprise, the blade burst into a wicked green flame.

Barius, however, was not going to give up. With one twist, he pulled his javelin apart, revealing a long, thin blade hidden inside. All 16 of the javelins made in that particular batch given to his father's regiment had hidden blades inside.

That moment, a second black cloaked mage stepped out from the trees, just a few metres away from the first one. This one was unarmed, but as Barius knew, mages should never be judged by the weapons they used. Barius tossed the sharp end of the javelin to Brand, who stood erect on the ground to his full 144cm, holding the sharp pike as if he were an experienced wielder of the weapon.

The first mage charged at Barius, who skilfully parried the fiery blade and twisted the mage's arm into an awkward position. Recovering quickly, the black cloaked figure kicked Barius in the back, causing him to fall down. Raising his sword, he prepared to decapitate him…

… and was suddenly hit in the face with a bolt of blue fire.

Barius turned around in shock as his opponent burned, unable to fight. To his fright, he noticed that Brand had already killed the other mage with relative ease. The javelin head was buried deep into the mage's back. Blood pooled in the snow around his body. What stunned Barius the most, however, was that Brand's finger was burning with a bright blue flame.

"Brand! I didn't… know that you were…"

The white haired boy smiled wryly. "I am the son of a mage, after all, though he's insane."

Barius laughed uneasily as the flame on Brand's finger extinguished itself slowly. "We have to get away quickly. I have no idea who these people are, but I can tell that they're out to cause us harm…" He noticed that his opponent was crawling away. His face was badly burned, but apart from that, he was very much alive.

"Should we get rid of him?"

Barius shook his head. "No, we've done enough harm. He will likely die anyway…" at this point, the wounded mage screamed in pain, "there's no point adding unnecessary blood to our hands."

Abandoning the tent (it would add extra weight) and taking only the food, the duo quickly set off, Asystole charging down the Eastern forest path at a full gallop.

---

One hour later…

Three other black cloaked mages showed up at the spot of the former campsite, which the first two had unsuccessfully raided earlier. One was dead, with a neat hole in his back (which probably punctured the spinal cord). The other was lying supine on the ground, his face burned beyond recognition. As evident from his heavy panting, he was still alive.

"Tell us. Where did Goraneus Brand go?"

"I couldn't see. My eyes were burned out by him."

The most senior mage among the new trio, who had asked the question, seethed in rage. Veins writhed on his forehead, and his fingers twitched violently. "You are a disgrace to the Dark Order of Harikjaavam."

Raising his hand, the senior mage swiftly swiped the air above the wounded mage. As if from nowhere, five long lacerations tore across the mage's chest, causing him to cough out blood from his burned mouth.

"Now we shall leave this useless fool to die alone. Men! Follow the footprints in the snow! They should lead us to the white haired boy."

Asterdan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 14, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Asterdan » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:04 pm

Fiiral and Ril spoke quietly in the throne room as the guards patrolled the castle. Ril was telling him of his meeting with the girl who had stolen the clothes, which had Fiiral enthralled. He was convinced now that those in Southfall were in the greatest need, and so he planned to gather all of the nobles and the Captains together and come up with a plan to first help those of Southfall, then slowly send aid to Northwall and eventually Eastmarch.

"May the Gods watch over this noble quest." Fiiral said, as their conversation came to an end.
"Bah, the Gods abandoned us two-hundred and fifty years ago," Ril scoffed, "Only the Dov still watch over us."
"You and your Dragon Gods," Fiiral replied, "Only the thieves and assassins worship them.
"They aren't gods," Ril answered, "But they're the closest thing to Gods we've got. The Divines? Gone. The Forest Folk, as you call them? Gone. The Spirits? Gone! All that's left are the Dov."

Their debate carried on through the night, talking theology, as well as the state of Westgrove and the other kingdoms.
You can call me Aster. Yes, I did revive this nation... Again...

If you aren't hurting anyone, putting anyone in danger, or infringing on the rights of others, it isn't the governments business what you do.
Bill Weld 2020

Everhall
Senator

Postby Everhall » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:10 pm

Ri-Dar;
Southfall Brotherhood Sanctuary

"So the whole damn thing was a trap?" A mijac woman asked as Ri-Dar explained his experience with the Southfall Mission,

"Yes Di-Maj... that damn mage set us up...." Ri-Dar growled, his other creed members chuckling,

"Well you did take care of him. Right?" one of them asked

"The damn Northwall Guard was after me... I couldn't get to that damn bastard... Wish we could bribe them like the Thieves Guild..."

As the assassins talked, a messager raven flew into the sanctuary, a message tied to it's back,

"Looks like we have a new target," Di-Maj remarked taking the message from the raven, "Oh my, listen to this: [i][b]To the band of Assassins known as the Creed, I would like to establish a contract involving the deaths of Alaro Ashen, and King Fiiral of Westgrove. Upon completion, I will reveal the location of a dead drop what contains 20,000 Durrens. That sound be enough for your services. Sincerely Alyari Ashen."

"HAHAHAHAHA!! Alyari Ashen killing his own father and King to gain power, sounds like something you'd see in theater!" one of the assassins laughed, "So who's going?"

"I will." Ri-Dar rose his hand, "I'll do it."

"Killing a King isn't easy, you should-"

"I can handle it. Whats a few extra guards?" Ri-Dar grinned

"Then it's settled, you are to head to the Kingdom of the West, fulfil your contract, and bring glory to us all." Di-Maj added as Ri-Dar began to head out to Westgrove.

Deramen
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Deramen » Thu Aug 20, 2015 6:11 pm

Everhall wrote:
Cymrea wrote:
Cambrius nodded; it was a fair question. "Because of all my advisors, you possess the most talent for strategy and tactics; you speak from strength, and that is the primary trait we must convey to Eastmarch. The dwarves don't respect flowery speech or courtly manners. Northwall is strong, and all of Durrendel must recognise that inescapable fact. With the east at our side, our strength will be unmatched."

"Understood my King, For the North!" Alexander saluted as he began to walk out the keep,

Damn he thought, I arrived just today and again I'm leaving.... and I had just got used to the cold...

As the young General exited Palace Grounds, he noticed a Elkfolk being dragged into the palace,

"Eh, you guys," Alexander called out, "What are you doing with that Elkman (Another name for them)

"Our 'friend' here decided it was a smart ideas to stab a noble! A noble! We're taking him to face judgement." the guard replied

Bastille grunted. These people always thought they were better then him.
"They called me retarded and insulted my dead mother! I tried to hold back but they couldn't take the hint and shut the fuck up!" He looked at the man and spit in his face. He laughed, a laugh of defiance, of freedom. He was done. He was quitting the thief life and if he lived he would fight for his people's freedom.
You can call me Dera.
INFP-T.

[violet] wrote:
Scoochi2 wrote:I'm now being offered Filipino girlfriends...

You say that like it's a bad thing.

Gurland empire
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Gurland empire » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:00 pm

Everhall wrote:Ri-Dar;

"So the whole damn thing was a trap?" A mijac woman asked as Ri-Dar explained his experience with the Southfall Mission,

"Yes Di-Maj... that damn mage set us up...." Ri-Dar growled, his other creed members chuckling,

"The damn Northwall Guard was after me... I couldn't get to that damn bastard... Wish we could bribe them like the Thieves Guild..."

As the assassins talked, a messager raven flew into the sanctuary, a message tied to it's back,

"Looks like we have a new target," Di-Maj remarked taking the message from the raven, "Oh my, listen to this: [i][b]To the band of Assassins known as the Creed, I would like to establish a contract involving the deaths of Alaro Ashen, and King Fiiral of Westgrove. Upon completion, I will reveal the location of a dead drop what contains 20,000 Durrens. That sound be enough for your services. Sincerely Alyari Ashen."

"HAHAHAHAHA!! Alyari Ashen killing his own father and King to gain power, sounds like something you'd see in theater!" one of the assassins laughed, "So who's going?"

"Then it's settled, you are to head to the Kingdom of the West, fulfil your contract, and bring glory to us all." Di-Maj added as Ri-Dar began to head out to Westgrove.

"Wait up I will accompany you as it will be difficult for just one person to accomplish" Júka said
Júka started to follow Ri-Dar. "I may be young but I can hold my own and can even carry out contracts as good as those older than me. " " you don't really have a choice its that or I just do it my self or die trying and then the guard will be raised and you won't be able to do it"

Everhall
Senator

Postby Everhall » Thu Aug 20, 2015 7:11 pm

Deramen wrote:
Everhall wrote:"Understood my King, For the North!" Alexander saluted as he began to walk out the keep,

Bastille grunted. These people always thought they were better then him.
"They called me retarded and insulted my dead mother! I tried to hold back but they couldn't take the hint and shut the fuck up!" He looked at the man and spit in his face. He laughed, a laugh of defiance, of freedom. He was done. He was quitting the thief life and if he lived he would fight for his people's freedom.

Alexander wiped the spit from his face and sighed,

"How long have you lived here elk? Any other human in this city would have responded with a act of racism or violence. I don't waste my time with such manners because of race. It's on merit, and you.... you have none at all... thief... now go face the King's justice." Alexander growled as he began to walk to the gates of the city.
Gurland empire wrote:
Everhall wrote:Ri-Dar;

"Looks like we have a new target," Di-Maj remarked taking the message from the raven, "Oh my, listen to this: [i]To the band of Assassins known as the Creed, I would like to establish a contract involving the deaths of Alaro Ashen, and King Fiiral of Westgrove. Upon completion, I will reveal the location of a dead drop what contains 20,000 Durrens. That sound be enough for your services. Sincerely Alyari Ashen."

"Wait up I will accompany you as it will be difficult for just one person to accomplish" Júka said
Júka started to follow Ri-Dar. "I may be young but I can hold my own and can even carry out contracts as good as those older than me. " " you don't really have a choice its that or I just do it my self or die trying and then the guard will be raised and you won't be able to do it"

"Fine," the Ri-Dar growled, "Just don't try to get in my way... this is a High Level Mission I am being reviewed by Deathson herself, you will not screw this up... and prepare yourself... it's a long trip to the West...

[b]Several Hours Later; Grovegarden, Kingdom of the West

"There it is.... Grovegarden... now we are to bust in, bust out, no questions asked..." Ri-Dar growled as he pulled up his hood, running into Ashen Manor with Júka, quickly throwing knives into the posted guards. Breaking into the manor before running up into Alaro's bedroom and breaking into the room and drawing his Durrendal Swords,

"The Creed had come for you Alaro Ashen, it is time to meet your end."

"The Creed.... I was wondering when I would ever get a- ARG!" Alaro grunted as Ri-Dar stabbed him though the heart, blood splattering everywhere as he took it out,

"Shut up..."
Last edited by Everhall on Thu Aug 20, 2015 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Gurland empire
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Gurland empire » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:19 am

Everhall wrote:
Deramen wrote:Bastille grunted. These people always thought they were better then him.

"How long have you lived here elk? Any other human in this city would have responded with a act of racism or violence. I don't waste my time with such manners because of race. It's on merit, and you.... you have none at all... thief... now go face the King's justice." Alexander growled as he began to walk to the gates of the city.
Gurland empire wrote:

"Fine," the Ri-Dar growled, "Just don't try to get in my way... this is a High Level Mission I am being reviewed by Deathson herself, you will not screw this up... and prepare yourself... it's a long trip to the West...

Several Hours Later; Grovegarden, Kingdom of the West

"There it is.... Grovegarden... now we are to bust in, bust out, no questions asked..." Ri-Dar growled as he pulled up his hood, running into Ashen Manor with Júka, quickly throwing knives into the posted guards. Breaking into the manor before running up into Alaro's bedroom and breaking into the room and drawing his Durrendal Swords,

"The Creed.... I was wondering when I would ever get a- ARG!" Alaro grunted as Ri-Dar stabbed him though the heart, blood splattering everywhere as he took it out,

"Shut up..."

Júka looked outside and saw 15 more soldiers coming their way he turned to Ri-Dar "um sir we've got more incoming approximately 15, 4 with spears the rest swords and..."
Ri-Dar angerly responded "speak up and what "

Júka said again "a Mage and their nearing, do you want me to shoot him"

Everhall
Senator

Postby Everhall » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:26 am

Gurland empire wrote:
Everhall wrote:

Several Hours Later; Grovegarden, Kingdom of the West

"Shut up..."

Júka looked outside and saw 15 more soldiers coming their way he turned to Ri-Dar "um sir we've got more incoming approximately 15, 4 with spears the rest swords and..."

"They aren't worth the time," Ri-Dar growled looking out the window at the guards, "We've a King to deal with..." the assassin then looked to one of the windows on the other side of the room, he smirked before running straight at the window, jumping through and rolling on the ground below,

"Can you do that whelp?" Ri-Dar chuckled waiting for his partner

Gurland empire
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Gurland empire » Fri Aug 21, 2015 10:10 am

Everhall wrote:
Gurland empire wrote:

"They aren't worth the time," Ri-Dar growled looking out the window at the guards, "We've a King to deal with..." the assassin then looked to one of the windows on the other side of the room, he smirked before running straight at the window, jumping through and rolling on the ground below,

He took the lanterns and spilled the liquid all over the floor and then tossed the body down the stairs. Júka laughed and ran out of the window as well rolling as he hit the ground he then came up to his feet. "Where to now" he said as he glanced back to see the guards running In to the house. He pulled out his crossbow and shot his arrow with a tip of fire through the window. "Surprise" the room lit up with fire.

Sarejo
Minister

Founded: Sep 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Sarejo » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:07 pm

The group of Battlepriests moved out, carrying their staves, using them as walking sticks. They were approaching an area where dark magic was known to be present, and when they rounded the corner, they had to look no further. Around thirty undead stood around, and noticing the priests, began charging the them. The proest swung their staves into a combat stance, casting inital spells. Destructionists fired fire and ice into the mob, and Summoners summoned wolves and snakes to attack the zombies. Restorationists stood back, as their services were not needed at the moment.

Using their fireballs to create a line of fire in front of thw advancing undead, the Destructionists were free to cast lightning spells, normally suited for longer distances, and not prefered for shorter ranges, or against advancing enemies. Chain-lightning spells decimating the Undead, cooking their bodies to a crisp, whilst dogs ripped them apart. In a short while, all the undead lay dead, yet again.

The priests prayed to Skor, and resumed their journey, heading home to the Hall to rest and resupply.
Cheers mates.

Everhall
Senator

Postby Everhall » Fri Aug 21, 2015 6:17 pm

Gurland empire wrote:
Everhall wrote:

He took the lanterns and spilled the liquid all over the floor and then tossed the body down the stairs. Júka laughed and ran out of the window as well rolling as he hit the ground he then came up to his feet. "Where to now" he said as he glanced back to see the guards running In to the house. He pulled out his crossbow and shot his arrow with a tip of fire through the window. "Surprise" the room lit up with fire.

"Good thing that place's marble... our contact would be pissed... Now... time for King Fiiral...." Ri-Dar growled as he walked to his horse tied to a post a few feet behind the manor, and began to ride out to Westgrove,

Gurland empire
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Gurland empire » Fri Aug 21, 2015 8:07 pm

Everhall wrote:
Gurland empire wrote:

"Good thing that place's marble... our contact would be pissed... Now... time for King Fiiral...." Ri-Dar growled as he walked to his horse tied to a post a few feet behind the manor, and began to ride out to Westgrove,

Júka laughed and got on his horse as well and followed Ri-Dar out "I guess they might have been"

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse