NATION

PASSWORD

For Those About To Rock (OOC/Semi-Closed)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Sep 16, 2010
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

For Those About To Rock (OOC/Semi-Closed)

Postby Rupudska » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:12 pm

Stand up and be counted for what you are about to receive
We are the dealers, we'll give you everything you need
Hail hail to the good times, 'cos rock has got the right of way
We ain't no legends, Ain't no cause,
We're just livin' for today

F  O  R     T  H  O  S  E     A  B  O  U  T     TO     R  O  C  K
In Character Thread

Code: Select all
Loading telemail.... Loading complete!

You have 1 (one) new telemail from the United Ministry of Sound, Ministry of Migration!

Image UMoSMM, Public Affairs Office | City of New Citadel | May 20, 2153

Welcome, citizen, to the glistening city of New Citadel, capital of the United Earth Government and headquarters of the Ministry of Sound, located in Old Temple Plaza! The immigration office is at 842 Bieber Avenue, just off of Regional Highway 7. You may complete and officialize your localization process there at any time within the next 48 (forty-eight) hours. Feel free to explore the city on the way or in the meantime.

IN THE NEWS: The building formerly known as the 'Temple of Rock' to begin demolition tomorrow. The astrological Age of Aquarius will begin in exactly 1 (one) year; this will coincide with the completion of the MoS' new Global Broadcast Satellite.

REMINDER: Musician and pro-Musician terrorist activity has been on the rise recently in New Citadel. You likely will not encounter it, but if you see any suspicious activity, please report it to your nearest police station! And even if you do feel safe, please DO NOT approach the sewers at night! Thank you for your cooperation!

You. Hey, you. Yeah, you, new guy in town. What do you mean 'how can you tell that I'm new? You've got it written all over your face. I got a question for you."

Do you know you're being fed a load of bullshit by the MoS?

No, no, no, don't run. Get back here. I'm not one of those strung-out conspiracy theorists who'll fling shit at you as soon as rant about the government to anyone who'll hear. No, you see, I have
evidence. C'mon, I'll show you. Follow me. It's just down these stairs...

Here we go. In here. The 'recruitment office', so to speak. Heh. No, really, it's just a big room with a big-ass pile of old textbooks. From
before the MoS.

H  I  S  T  O  R  Y
Warm yourself by the fire, son, and the morning will come soon.
I'll tell you stories of a better time, in a place that we once knew.

No-one is entirely sure who exactly first had the idea of the Ministry of Sound, or even where the preposterous idea came from. All is known is that the 'Sonic Liberation Army' that eventually lead to the MoS was founded in December of 2032, not long after the Hades impact of that November. It was founded near the primary impact crater in south-central Africa, and quickly, almost miraculously, grew in strength. Making this especially alarming was its openly anti-Shred and anti-theist rhretoric, with its members pinning the blame on both the Hades asteroid and the other ills of the world on the Gods of Music and their priests.

The United States, the European Union, Russia, and other major powers (effectively) dismissed it as nothing more than another cult, one that would quickly burn itself out. Naturally, it was the African Union that was the first to see the SLA for what it truly was - a grave threat. The nations of the AU began to build up their military over the course of several months before launching a massive campaign against the SLA, seeking not to quell it but to destroy it completely. This received some condemnation from the international community, which decried the AU for using excessive force. The outcry ended abruptly when it was discovered that the force being used was not only not excessive, but not sufficient. The African Union found itself being pushed back, through defeat - and, of all things, desertion for the enemy. The SLA, as it turned out, was terrifyingly skilled in the art of propaganda, and used this to great effect throughout the military and civilian networks of Africa. Priests of Music, and even regular Musicians, were openly targeted and vilified by SLA forces, a trend that would continue to the present. Finally, support for the war (and anti-SLA activities) collapsed in Africa in 2035, when coup after coup rocked the continent. When the dust settled in October of that year, the former nations of the African Union united as the African Union of Sound.

Other nations soon threw their weight against the new AUS, only to meet the same fate. The nations of the Arab World were first, followed by Israel, Iran, and ASEAN, helped by Australia, New Zealand, Brazil, and Argentina. They too fell, and now most of the world's oil outside of Russia and North America belonged to the Union of Sound, along with almost all of the southern hemisphere. Captured Musicians were executed publicly. At last, the remaining powers could wait no longer. Russia, China, the European Union, and the United States, along with any nation left, declared an absolute, total war against the newly christened Ministry of Sound on December 9th, 2041.

Now, y'see, that history textbook there was published in January of 2042, so as you can guess it's a little out of date. The nations left out of there control even sent the High Priests of the Music Gods into the mess, near the very end. That was one hell of a battle, and they nearly won, too... until the fucking MoS dropped a nuke on them and pinned the blame on the High Priests. By that point the MoS didn't even bother with propaganda. It was just pure brainwashing in whatever territory they gained. They won, of course. The High Lama of Music was killed in that battle and that fucked everything up for the Musicians, since his next reincarnation was born in Sydney and got so damn brainwashed that he never picked up so much as a triangle for his whole life.

Oh, fuck me, I'm an idiot. I should probably tell you about Musicians, shouldn't I? After all, that's what you
are. Don't look surprised, why else would I call some random stranger off the street down here to reveal the Truth to them? If we need non-Musicians to join, we just dump pamphlets in the ghetto, or in the boonies where even the MoS doesn't bother to patrol regularly. Speaking of which, here, have this pamphlet frooooom... 2019, I think. Yeah, 2019.

T  H  E     S  H  R  E  D
Listen to my music, and hear what it can do.
There's something here as strong as life, and I know that it will reach you.

Praise be unto the Metal God, and all Gods of the Holy Pantheon of Music, bringers of the Holy Sound!

If you are reading this pamphlet, there's a good chance that your genetic test for the Musician gene has come back POSITIVE! This, of course, indicates that you are a Musician, and capable of studying at the world-famous Nashville Musician Seminary, and learning to master the art of the Shred. What is the Shred? Well, it's a good thing you asked! There are two manifestation types of the Shred, and Musicians (and only Musicians) can use both of them:

Internal (aka Vocal) Shred:
  • Produced naturally by all Musicians
  • Invisible and undetectable while inactive
  • Appears as a colored, fiery aura when active
  • Can be manipulated by the Musician whence it comes, has a limited range but within that range can be stretched, expanded and contorted nigh-limitlessly, and can be as intangible as air or as hard as rock
  • Amplified in strength, speed, and range by any device used to amplify sound (The exception to this is the microphone, which is considered an Instrument by the Shred)
  • All evidence indicates that the internal Shred is meant to be used with the external Shred, as when used in tandem their powers are enhanced greatly.

External (aka Instrumental) Shred:
  • Produced by specially-made Instruments, or regular instruments that have been exposed to the Shred for extended periods of time
  • Indistinguishable from normal instruments unless played
  • Can be used by non-Musicians
  • (Almost always) Named after songs or pieces of music utilizing the instrument
  • The capabilities of Instruments are far more varied than Vocal Shreds, though a common ability among all is the ability to expel energized shock waves. Other than that, it is rare for any two Instruments to have the same abilities.
  • Causes visible, physical changes to the Musician using it. (For example, Free Bird causes the Musician using it to sprout wings)
  • When used in tandem with an Internal Shred, can summon a Stage of sound-enhancing equipment to boost the power of the Musician (or musicians) summoning it; the more Musicians involved, the larger the Stage and the more said Stage increases the power of the Musicians who summoned it
  • Conductor's batons are a special class of Instrument that are capable of controlling other Instruments, but otherwise have no capabilities of their own. Due to their overwhelming power, they are only used by licensed Priests of Music.

Well, that's the gist of it at least. I... err, the rest of us down here, can explain the rest to you if you need it, but it's pretty clear-cut. By the way, you wouldn't happen to have an Instrument, would you? Actually, you know what, that can wait. Have a look at this. This little bit of paper will tell you what you really need to know - that is, what the Ministry of Sound really is.

M  I  N  I  S  T  R  Y     O  F     S  O  U  N  D
Welcome to our fortress tall, I'll take some time to show you around
Impossible to break these walls, for you see the steel is much too strong

It may have had over a century to do it, but it's still terrifying to find out what the Ministry of Sound has accomplished in such a short time. Almost every facet of life has been altered in order to demonize Musicians, and music as well - with the exception of mass-produced electronic and teenpop, which requires neither talent nor Shred. The media, of course, is the most obvious - All news channels and newspapers are MoS-owned, their content MoS-controlled, and if necessary, MoS-censored. The internet, too, has been tainted by their control. A bit of spyware has been ingrained in every computer that monitors what users do for signs of sedition, or support for Musicians. It can be removed to no hindrance to abilities though. Mercifully, even though it's illegal, most cops won't bother to check if it's been removed unless they have a warrant.

Pop culture, too, is swaying to their symphony now. When Musicians do appear in entertainment, they're either historical figures or villains. And always of the completely-unlovable unscrupulous monster variety. You never see them at all in shows for kids. Or books. Books have been edited, too, and the ones that couldn't be were un-existed. Same with any other form of print media, hell, even video games - though in most cases they just un-existed those.

History books were one of the first things they started editing, but it remains the most shocking thing they edited. It gets rather easy to convince people to turn away from the Gods of Music when you paint every single dictator in history as a Musician. And the serial killers, the mad generals, and really once you start getting politicians to accuse their opponent's party of being full of Musicians like a bad thing, your propaganda writes itself.

And lastly, to top it all off, they have their own built-in investigative committee (the Anti-Musician Activities Committee), a la HUAC, which can call in the police, SWAT, or even military forces to assist in their anti-Musician witch hunts. Stay safe. Don't do anything stupid, and don't piss off the AMACs... too much. Our end goal is still the end of the MoS, after all. Just try to avoid getting killed.

And that's about it for the whole 'explaining things like they really are' part of getting you to sign up. Clearly it worked. I think it was the textbook, it usually is. But before we start the actual application, there are a few... guidelines, shall we say, that we should go over. Gotta have rules to have an organization. We're no anarchists, no matter what the MoS thinks.

R  U  L  E  S

1.   I am the OP of this roleplay. Agritum, as the original creator of the basic idea for this, is acting co-OP whether he joins or not. We both have equal say in the worldbuilding of this RP, however I have final say on any decision on IC action, application acceptance, and other issues.
2.   RP samples are required for applicants, the exception being those who are/were in World On Fire: Shadow Ops (by Agritum), Likely Lads (by Reverend Norv), or Munus - A Modern Gladiatorial Spectacle (by Cylarn).
3.   This RP will be kept PG-13 at all times, primarily because there is currently no Parental Advisory button for starting topics. This applies to the OOC as well, and bad behavior and other shenanigans will not be tolerated. I can and will sic the MoS on you if necessary.
4.   Try to maintain a regular schedule and notify me of any periods where you won't be posting for weeks at a time. If you don't I may delete your character due to inactivity, depending on how important I deem them to be, or if I just like them.
5.   OOC chatter is encouraged for all accepted players. It's not merely there to make apps.
6.   You are free to request info and add info (to be accepted/denied by me or Agri), and we will answer to the best of our abilities.
7.   I require at least five lines of text in this RP. The exception to this rule will be if you engage in dialogue with another character. Just try to avoid getting into yes-or-no question conversations, for that you can co-operate on making a single post.
8.   Godmodding is strictly forbidden, though with the nature of this RP (and how theatrical it will inevitably become, no matter how dark it gets), I plan on being somewhat lenient. Just be reasonable. You're not going to be able to rip open Vesuvius with a single solo from a single guitar, and really with the MoS breathing down your neck, you won't want to for quite some time.
  RPs are meant to be just one thing. Fun. Fun for everyone! So have fun. And stay frosty, my friends.

More or less. And try not to fuck up the practice room too much, because you'll have to clean it if you do. And repeat offenders have to use a toothbrush. Now, for your application...

Code: Select all
[u][b]Character Application for FTATR[/b][/u]

[b]Name:[/b]
[b]Gender/Sex:[/b]
[b]Age:[/b]
[b]Birthday:[/b]
[b]Physical Description and/or Picture:[/b]
[b]Ethnicity:[/b]
[b]Musician genre:[/b] (Pick one, you can list more but the first one must be your primary)
[b]Vocal Shred range:[/b] (Indicates the distance your Vocal Shred is capable of reaching, not your actual vocal range. 30 meters is average.)
[b]External Shred type:[/b] (What instrument do you play? Pick one. Microphone counts as an instrument.)
[b]External Shred name and abilities:[/b] (No more than two, shockwaves and Stage-summoning do not count, visual changes to the wielder usually do not count)
[b]Personality:[/b] (Optional, pick this and/or Likes/Dislikes)
[b]Likes/Dislikes:[/b]
[b]Bio:[/b]
[b]Favorite Song:[/b]
[b]RP Sample:[/b]

8675309 (DO NOT REMOVE THIS)
Last edited by Rupudska on Wed Aug 19, 2015 4:32 pm, edited 5 times in total.
The Holy Roman Empire of Karlsland (MT/FanT & FT/FanT)
THE Strike Witches NationState | Retired King of P2TM
Best thread ever.
MT Factbook/FT Factbook|Embassy|Q&A
On Karlsland Witch Doctrine:
Hladgos wrote:Scantly clad women, more like tanks
seem to be blowing up everyones banks
with airstrikes from girls with wings to their knees
which show a bit more than just their panties

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.
Presumably they use advanced technology like STRIKE WITCHES

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:12 pm

Other worldbuilding info to go here.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:
Rupudska wrote:So do you fight with AK-47s or something even more primitive? Since I doubt any economy could reasonably sustain itself that way.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:13 pm

Last edited by Rupudska on Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:54 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Aug 11, 2015 7:57 pm

Damn.

I love this world already.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013

Postby The Templar High Council » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:08 pm

ROCKING AND ROLLING RIGHT INTO A TAG.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:10 pm

WE ARE WE ARE ROCK YOU!

Tagging the sign of "Beginner of Rock" here.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013

Postby The Templar High Council » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:21 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:WE ARE WE ARE ROCK YOU!

"We will", not "We are".

Good try though.
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:23 pm

The Templar High Council wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:WE ARE WE ARE ROCK YOU!

"We will", not "We are".

Good try though.

Oh damn. :p I forgot the lyrics, but I remember the tune.

But hey, "Beginner of Rock" is my title, after all. And the music genre covers the entire music genre, or just rock genre?
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:24 pm

Altito Asmoro wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:"We will", not "We are".

Good try though.

Oh damn. :p I forgot the lyrics, but I remember the tune.

But hey, "Beginner of Rock" is my title, after all. And the music genre covers the entire music genre, or just rock genre?

Entire, but I fully expect most to pick a variation of rock, punk, or metal.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Imperial--japan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 24, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial--japan » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:32 pm

I can dig this.
Grand Britannia wrote:
Fenexia and holochrome wrote:I want /pol/ to stay in /pol/.

/pol/ shitposted someone into the presidency, it's too late for you.

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:44 pm

Yes.
I wear teal, blue & pink for Swith.
P2TM Translation Service Thread
A Proud Portal Nationalist
The P2TM Depot – for all your RPing needs

Cosplaying as a Posadist | LOVEWHOYOUARE~ | Kinky Syndicalist

Imperial--japan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial--japan » Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:46 pm

Nature-Spirits wrote:Yes.

Ayyy bebe.
Grand Britannia wrote:

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:00 pm

Imperial--japan wrote:
Nature-Spirits wrote:Yes.

Ayyy bebe.

Yo. :hug:

Imperial--japan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial--japan » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:03 pm

Nature-Spirits wrote:
Imperial--japan wrote:Ayyy bebe.

Yo. :hug:

:hug:

I have a character thought out in my head already. Unfortunately, being the music illiterate (other than shit sounds nice) person I am, I wonder if I can just wing it. Or if that's going to be a major issue for me.
Grand Britannia wrote:

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:05 pm

Imperial--japan wrote:
Nature-Spirits wrote:Yo. :hug:

:hug:

I have a character thought out in my head already. Unfortunately, being the music illiterate (other than shit sounds nice) person I am, I wonder if I can just wing it. Or if that's going to be a major issue for me.

I'm in pretty much the same boat. >.>

Imperial--japan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial--japan » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:06 pm

Nature-Spirits wrote:
Imperial--japan wrote: :hug:

I'm in pretty much the same boat. >.>

Then we'll hit this iceberg together. :p
Grand Britannia wrote:

Nature-Spirits
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Nature-Spirits » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:11 pm

Imperial--japan wrote:
Nature-Spirits wrote:I'm in pretty much the same boat. >.>

Then we'll hit this iceberg together. :p

Indeed. :p

Turmenista
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:24 pm

Dude. This is metal.

Tag.
Last edited by Turmenista on Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Tue Aug 11, 2015 9:48 pm

Tag, would Death or Doom metal count?
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Turmenista
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 09, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Turmenista » Tue Aug 11, 2015 10:28 pm

Another tag. I call electronic/Future Bass.

Agritum
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: May 09, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Agritum » Wed Aug 12, 2015 12:23 am

My apprentice works well, doesn't he?

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Wed Aug 12, 2015 1:20 am

Agritum wrote:My apprentice works well, doesn't he?

But Rup was born on 2010, you were born on 2011.
Stormwrath wrote:
Or Tito.

A proud Nationalist

Ayreonia
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ayreonia » Wed Aug 12, 2015 2:19 am

Epic.
Images likely to cause widespread offense, such as the swastika, are not permitted as national flags. Please see the One-Stop Rules Shop ("Acceptable Flag Policy").

Photoshopped birds flipping the bird not acceptable.

Rupudska
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Rupudska » Wed Aug 12, 2015 4:59 am

Shadowwell wrote:Tag, would Death or Doom metal count?

Da, they would.

Nature-Spirits wrote:
Imperial--japan wrote:Then we'll hit this iceberg together. :p

Indeed. :p

You'll... probably be fine.

Altito Asmoro wrote:Oh damn. :p I forgot the lyrics, but I remember the tune.

Your character is denied, due to you forgetting We Will Rock You's chorus. This is not possible for a human, therefore you are clearly an MoS drone sent from the future.

Altito Asmoro wrote:
Agritum wrote:My apprentice works well, doesn't he?

But Rup was born on 2010, you were born on 2011.

I'm also older than Agri IRL.
Last edited by Rupudska on Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:06 am, edited 3 times in total.
Best thread ever.

Questers wrote:

Ayreonia
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 21, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Ayreonia » Wed Aug 12, 2015 5:19 am

Hey, would it be possible to play as the sound guy, or would that be Priest territory?
Images likely to cause widespread offense, such as the swastika, are not permitted as national flags. Please see the One-Stop Rules Shop ("Acceptable Flag Policy").

Photoshopped birds flipping the bird not acceptable.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse