NATION

PASSWORD

Game of Thrones: A New Dawn (OOC/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Independent States of Tula
Senator

Founded: Nov 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:41 pm

Aliasa wrote:Hmm... On on hand i love GoT... Om the other... I hqve zero faith in my rping skills... Hmm......

Hello again Aliasa. Just trust yourself and make an app to begin.

Valorono
Minister

Founded: Sep 25, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Valorono » Fri Aug 07, 2015 7:57 pm

Im actually gonna have to back out, I got a lot on my plate with some other sites and irl stuff
"A soldier will fight long and hard for a bit of colored ribbon."-Napoleon Bonaparte
"For Gold, Glory, and Gospel"
Long live Byzantium
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TgiTB2NFvAM
Hey There! Nice to meet you, I'm just your average god fearing guy, politically moderate, history buff, Athlete, Nerd, Poet, a
I'm a 17 year old , Irish-German New Yorker, Don't worry ladies I'm single

The Newton Collation
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Newton Collation » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:57 pm

Name of House: House Martell
General Description of House:House Martell is a great house reigning over the entirety of Dorne. They are often times seen as a very distant culture to that of other House's in Westeros mostly because they are primarily Rhoynish rather than Andal or descendants of First man.

Head of House:]Prince Ryman Martell- Born to Prince Qothorn and Princess Dorea Martell at Sandship in Dorne. He was the third child and First son of Qothorn, but both tragically his older sisters died before his birth( his sister Princess Nymeria died of Greyscale and his sister Aliadra Sand died when a rock face she usually ran upon collapsed into the sea). He is a medium built, and slim individual, quick on his feet and wits. He was brought up by maester Perwyn and lord Georld Dayne at Starfall in ways of court so he may one day succeed as Prince of Dorne. He did just that when he was 4 and 10 as his father died of an injury sustained during a joust in Dorne. Now 4 and 30, his rule of Dorne has of yet been peaceful and he will do anything to withhold this. Else, defend Dorne in life and death.

Notable Figures of House: (Name, Age, History, Personality)
Princess Rosentine Martell Born Rosentine Dayne at starfall, she was raised at her lord fathers courts, growing close to prince Ryman in his stay at starfall. Her fathers proposal to the young prince for her marriage was an easy match as their friendship had already grown past mutuality. Now 8 and 20, she shares in leading her husbands kingdom. Easily the most crafty member of the house, she is know for her deceit and expert strategy. Never bet your life against her in a game of Cyvasse. Found herself infertile after the birth of her fifth child.

Sir Edric YronWood A knight of 7 and 50, Third born son of the lord of Yronwood, sworn guard to Prince Ryman and good companion of his. Still suffers from guilt over his accidental killing of his prince, Rymans father, in a jousting match. He grief has been set aside in the last few years as The young prince forgave his fathers dear friend, offering him a high place in his house. He might be elder in years, but is still fierce in battle. Deathly loyal to his prince and the royal family.

Prince Hector Martell:Eldest son of Prince Ryman. 6 and 10 in age. TO be wed to the daughter of the lord of Wyl. Mostly stays at the court in Wly, though still holds a strong bond to his father in Sandship. Brash and strong. The boldest of all Martells, often found competing in inprov-to duels with his companions. He is only second in line to the throne of Dorne however, Next to his elder sister.

Princess Merrisa Martell Eldest Daughter of Ryman Martell. Of the age of 7 and 10, Heir to the throne of Dorne. Smart like her mother (Rosentine), Determined like her father. She has not yet taken a permanent suitor that fits her liking.... often spending nights or weeks with various lordlings or knights. Holding an ill relationship with her father over her lack of a sutor. Though still holds enough favor to remain as heir. Known to travel across Dorne and abroad as she pleases. He fighting skills are impressive to say the least. Never cross her when she has a spear in hand.

Prince Hendrick MartellYoungest son of Prince Ryman. The most cunning in the family, after his mother of course. His gambling ability often takes the purses of every man down by the piers and his ability to swindle most people out of a prized possession has often lead to a heated engagement between them and his father. Though only 2 and 10, and is only third in line of succession, he might be the most know in the court.... Mostly because almost everyone there has faced him in a bet and lost.

Princess Tyreen Martell: Youngest of the family, only 9 years old. She is a fair maiden, spending most of her time reading of tales in the library, engaging in a game of Cyvasse, or venturing down to the coast. No yet old enough for a suitor or to be taught the ways of the, but is finding excellent promise with a bow.

Lewyn Sand Prince Rymans only know, and so far confirmed, bastard. Born of grief by a serving girl of starfall, he now serves in the high court of Sunpear with his father. Sharing the same determination and dedication as his father, he knows his way to stay out of a fight, and how to quickly win one if he it comes down to it.Currently 5 and 10, he has recently set out across the Narrow sea in look of adventure.

History of House:House Martell was founded during the Andal invasion of Westeros, claiming territory along he coast and the Greenblood, killing first men houses as they went. They only held a small patch of land until the arrival of Princess Nymeria and her ten thousand ships. The head of house Martell at the time, Mors Martell made a pact with the princess. Together, they would conquer all of Dorne together, in return her and her people could remain in Dorne. The two houses were then bonded together to seal this pact, which has created the society of Dorne today.
Culture, Customs, and Skills of House:Ruling Monarchy of Dorne, skilled in poison, spear and bow. fiercely independent from the rest of Westeros. The head of the house wields a valyrian steel spear,brought over by Princess Nymeria from her war with Valyria, Sand Snake. A fierce rivalry exist between House Martell and the neighboring kingdoms to the north, especial the kings of the Reach. Though conflicts do erupt between the Storm kings occasionally in the Dornish Marches.
Ancestral Estate:Sandship/Sunspear
Population: 630 000(Least populated in Westeros)
Cities: Sunspear (All other settlements classify as keeps, castles or villages)
Race Composition:Primarily Rhyonish in culture and blood. Few remnants of the First Men remain in the blood of Dorne, and the same is said about Adal blood, but both still pulse through the veins throughout the Dornish Mountiains. It is almost a complete divide in culture in Dorne to the rest of Westeros, Ryhonish Culture flows there more than any other place in the world (besides the River Ryhon). Known for being hot headed and for sexual compulsions, the Dornish People often find themselves at odds with most other people throughout Westeros.

Military:
Citadels and Fortresses: Sunspear,Yronwood, Starfall, The Stone Way.
Army:340 Household Guard,21 000 in total (Split up respectably throughout the Houses of Dorne).
Navy:23 Military Vessels, Various trade vessels.

OOC Info:
Nation Name:The Newton Collation
RP Examples:
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=350404&start=25
viewtopic.php?f=31&t=349372
Last edited by The Newton Collation on Thu Aug 13, 2015 7:04 am, edited 4 times in total.
"Do not go gentle into that good night,Old age should burn and rave at close of day;Rage, rage against the dying of the light." -Dylan Thomas

Phalnia
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 20, 2010
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Phalnia » Fri Aug 07, 2015 9:05 pm

Independent States of Tula wrote:Accepted! Though if you'd like I'd allow a total of 150 ships for the Westerlands...up to you.

I'll take them. I also added a brother for Tyland and his bastard son.

"The air up there in the clouds is very pure and fine, bracing and delicious. And why shouldn't it be? - it is the same the angels breathe." Mark Twain
“Don't feel entitled to anything you didn't sweat and struggle for.” Marian Wright Edelman

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:41 am

Valorono wrote:Im actually gonna have to back out, I got a lot on my plate with some other sites and irl stuff

I'm sorry to hear that. I wish you luck with it all.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Sat Aug 08, 2015 10:44 am

Fluvique wrote:Tag, reserve House Hightower

I'm giving you until tomorrow to begin your app as I haven't seen any activity by you to do so in the last two days since your reservation.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Sun Aug 09, 2015 7:55 am

Independent States of Tula wrote:
Fluvique wrote:Tag, reserve House Hightower

I'm giving you until tomorrow to begin your app as I haven't seen any activity by you to do so in the last two days since your reservation.

House Hightower is now open once again.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:38 am

We still need a house Stark/Bolton and probably a House Durrandon before we can start up. Hopefully we get a few more people to apply soon.

The United Eastern States of Europe
Minister

Founded: Aug 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The United Eastern States of Europe » Sun Aug 09, 2015 9:52 am

Independent States of Tula wrote:We still need a house Stark/Bolton and probably a House Durrandon before we can start up. Hopefully we get a few more people to apply soon.

I've been trying to think up events for my house, but the best I can come up with is annoying the other kings/lords.
UESEball
Want to be in my factbooks? TG me!
Characters
Proud MemberOf The Diligens League!
UESE Personified
(Kawaii Indo) Indo-Japanese Separatist Districts
(Sexy Sky) Skyline United
(My Sister CC) Castle Crashers
(NBaby who ignores me ;-;) New Babylonia
(Siwwy Sim) Republic of Simonia
(Wuvable Lingy!) Lingria
(SENPAI!!!!) The Germanian States
(Fun Crazy TDC) The Danish Confederacy
(Adorably Radical and Terrificly Super Yandere: A.R.T.S.Y.) Artstotzka IIII
(Oh great bringer of smut, Mistress Xan) Xanama

(2waifu4spoilers) Low Bloods
YOU'RE WELCOME NS!
Embassy
May or may not have a slight obsession with fluffy things…
Proud member of The Anti Democracy League
Pretty much sums me up (theme song).
Fascist and proud!
#blameTISI

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:26 am

The United Eastern States of Europe wrote:
Independent States of Tula wrote:We still need a house Stark/Bolton and probably a House Durrandon before we can start up. Hopefully we get a few more people to apply soon.

I've been trying to think up events for my house, but the best I can come up with is annoying the other kings/lords.

Capturing a Lysene slave ship or a Braavosi Gold Ship perhaps?

Aliasa
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Aliasa » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:40 am

Aliasa wrote:Hmm... On on hand i love GoT... Om the other... I hqve zero faith in my rping skills... Hmm......

Hello again Aliasa. Just trust yourself and make an app to begin.

Aight... Sure.... I'll give it a shot...

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Eastern States of Europe » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:43 am

The United Eastern States of Europe wrote:I've been trying to think up events for my house, but the best I can come up with is annoying the other kings/lords.

Sounds good to me
UESEball
Characters
UESE Personified
(Wuvable Lingy!) Lingria

YOU'RE WELCOME NS!
Embassy
Fascist and proud!
#blameTISI

Aliasa
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Aliasa » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:59 am

The question is... Which house to atempt to be?

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:00 pm

Aliasa wrote:The question is... Which house to atempt to be?

Like I said, need a Stark/Bolton and Durrandon.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:00 pm

Sounds good to me

Excellent. I'll make up the event now.

Aliasa
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Aliasa » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:01 pm

Aliasa wrote:The question is... Which house to atempt to be?

Hmm....

Rather Polite Gentlemen
Attaché

Founded: May 09, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Rather Polite Gentlemen » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:08 pm

Sounds good to me

Been meaning to mention something else actually; I know you said that you can't really use the classic Hoare per saltire coat of arms due to you not owning the represented lands, but I think you'd be completely fine doing so. It's a classic Hoare notion of boldness, not because it represents the lands you have, but because it serves as a boast, over your unknown words. That's why we still saw it in use right up until 1 AC.

Aliasa
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Aliasa » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:21 pm

I... I really dont like rping as canon thngs because i feel like i would do so bad... Like shamefully bad...

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Sun Aug 09, 2015 12:24 pm

Aliasa wrote:I... I really dont like rping as canon thngs because i feel like i would do so bad... Like shamefully bad...

I'll be the judge of that. Listen, either make an app or leave, you'd be threadjaking if all you're going to do is whine about being a terrible RPer and contribute nothing to this thread.

Novae Vitae
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Novae Vitae » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:13 pm

Aliasa wrote:I... I really dont like rping as canon thngs because i feel like i would do so bad... Like shamefully bad...

I'll be the judge of that. Listen, either make an app or leave, you'd be threadjaking if all you're going to do is whine about being a terrible RPer and contribute nothing to this thread.

And on that charming note, I promise that I think you write better than some of the people in this forum already, and my capacity to analyze soliloquy is somewhat mediated in my proclivity to create their registry amongst the ejaculations of sound one might recognize as English words. :p

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Eastern States of Europe » Sun Aug 09, 2015 2:15 pm

Aliasa wrote:

Hmm....

Be a Stark, together we can save the North!
UESEball
Characters
UESE Personified
(Wuvable Lingy!) Lingria

YOU'RE WELCOME NS!
Embassy
Fascist and proud!
#blameTISI

Alotopia
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 16, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Alotopia » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:41 am

I would like to start soonish if that is a thing... I mean, the beginning is usually just plotting and posturing more than anything.
Alotopia is a Space Empire. So I will role play as such. The Empire of Alotopia contains 114 planets. Lord Avos Jarquen is the World Assembly observer, as he cannot vote on legislation. We are not a member of the WA.
Role-Play: I love Star Wars & Game of Thrones! So if you got a RP with those going on, hit me up. Also, winter has come and its gonna be a long one.
Pantorrum wrote:I truly do think you a great RPer and hope we RP together again sometime.

Pro: Ronald Reagan, Israel, Conservatism, Religious Freedom, States Rights, Small Government, Military, Donald Trump
Against: Abortion, Barack Obama, Hillary Clinton Big Government, No taxes on Churchs, Universal Healthcare, Partisanship, Congress

Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The United Eastern States of Europe » Mon Aug 10, 2015 2:34 am

Rather Polite Gentlemen wrote:
The United Eastern States of Europe wrote:Sounds good to me

Been meaning to mention something else actually; I know you said that you can't really use the classic Hoare per saltire coat of arms due to you not owning the represented lands, but I think you'd be completely fine doing so. It's a classic Hoare notion of boldness, not because it represents the lands you have, but because it serves as a boast, over your unknown words. That's why we still saw it in use right up until 1 AC.

I like that, thanks for pointing that out. I'm gonna try and create a sigil using that instead then in a similar fashion to the one I made.
UESEball
Characters
UESE Personified
(Wuvable Lingy!) Lingria

YOU'RE WELCOME NS!
Embassy
Fascist and proud!
#blameTISI

Arlye Austros
Minister

Founded: Feb 12, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Arlye Austros » Mon Aug 10, 2015 5:54 am

Interesting.... Torn between going Valyrian Dragon Race or going Westerosi. Hell maybe even Dothraki or Free City.
Arlye Austros, the New South. In the Nibaru Expense. -Future Tech-
Patagonia and its regional neighbours are dominated by the Frankish Kingdom of Argentina and use Modern tech for their affairs. -Modern/Post Modern Tech-

Chilean-Argentine, Pro Union of the Americas (all three). Anti Chavism, anti other stuff. Conservative, but not in extremis (hope so).
Pro Stark, Impeach Tommen

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Independent States of Tula » Mon Aug 10, 2015 6:10 am

Arlye Austros wrote:Interesting.... Torn between going Valyrian Dragon Race or going Westerosi. Hell maybe even Dothraki or Free City.

Could really use Starks/Boltons or Durrandons.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse