NATION

PASSWORD

The Roaring Twenties [PT][OOC][RP][REBOOT]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Vulkanas
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 08, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vulkanas » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:19 am

Hey can you put me in the accepted section on the OP? I feel left out :(
( ^◡^)っ✂❤

The Eastern Antarctic State
Minister

Founded: Jun 06, 2014
Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Eastern Antarctic State » Wed Aug 05, 2015 1:31 am

Vulkanas wrote:Hey can you put me in the accepted section on the OP? I feel left out :(

Oops. Sorry, consider it done.
This ensues
The Republic of Eastern Antarctica is a country located on the Eastern portion of the Antarctic Continent, Has leftist policies, but is still capitalist.

NOTE: I am an Australian.
I enjoy playing/watching Cricket and Rugby League every now and then. Love me some history and paradox games. Studying at University. Catholic. You can call me TEAS or EAS

Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Eastern Antarctic State » Thu Aug 06, 2015 1:49 am

Alright people! Just a couple of things:
1)I'm thinking of creating the IC soon, so stay tuned.
2) Is it possible that anyone can create an accurate map of the world at the time?
3) Let's try and find some cool paintings/photos to put in the IC to represent the time period, post them here please
4) Try and get some of your region-mates/people you know on NS to join.

That's all for now.
This ensues
The Republic of Eastern Antarctica is a country located on the Eastern portion of the Antarctic Continent, Has leftist policies, but is still capitalist.

I enjoy playing/watching Cricket and Rugby League every now and then. Love me some history and paradox games. Studying at University. Catholic. You can call me TEAS or EAS

Zadiner
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Zadiner » Thu Aug 06, 2015 4:23 am

The Eastern Antarctic State wrote:Alright people! Just a couple of things:
1)I'm thinking of creating the IC soon, so stay tuned.
2) Is it possible that anyone can create an accurate map of the world at the time?
3) Let's try and find some cool paintings/photos to put in the IC to represent the time period, post them here please
4) Try and get some of your region-mates/people you know on NS to join.

That's all for now.

1) cool!
2) Dont ask me
3) ok, when in times of doubt, ask google
4) OK!
Economic Left/Right: -2.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -0.46

IATA Member
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organisation
Proud South Pacifican
Zadiner/Zak for TSP Delegate!

Vulkanas
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vulkanas » Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:34 am

The Eastern Antarctic State wrote:3) Let's try and find some cool paintings/photos to put in the IC to represent the time period, post them here please

I sense that this may be of use:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:1920s_paintings
Last edited by Vulkanas on Thu Aug 06, 2015 6:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
( ^◡^)っ✂❤

Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Eastern Antarctic State » Thu Aug 06, 2015 3:29 pm

First picture added.
Vulkanas wrote:
The Eastern Antarctic State wrote:3) Let's try and find some cool paintings/photos to put in the IC to represent the time period, post them here please

I sense that this may be of use:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:1920s_paintings

Tried to get something from this, but it said it couldn't Determine the dimensions of the image.
This ensues

Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Eastern Antarctic State » Fri Aug 07, 2015 11:19 pm

Ladies and gents! Present the IC!
This ensues

Zadiner
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Zadiner » Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:09 am

Cool! I will post when my time is available

IATA Member
Proud South Pacifican

Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Eastern Antarctic State » Sat Aug 08, 2015 1:59 am

Zadiner wrote:Cool! I will post when my time is available

Nice!

Also, IC post up!
This ensues

Vulkanas
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Vulkanas » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:51 am

The Eastern Antarctic State wrote:Nice!

Also, IC post up!

I'm about to start working on my post, but I was just wondering if my Swedish diplomats would have anything to do with your conference in Switzerland, just to see if I could write about it.
( ^◡^)っ✂❤

Zadiner
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Zadiner » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:59 am

The Eastern Antarctic State wrote:
Zadiner wrote:Cool! I will post when my time is available

Nice!

Also, IC post up!

Im wondering how i should reply to that...

IATA Member
Proud South Pacifican

Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Eastern Antarctic State » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:11 am

Vulkanas wrote:

Also, IC post up!

I'm about to start working on my post, but I was just wondering if my Swedish diplomats would have anything to do with your conference in Switzerland, just to see if I could write about it.

Possibly, but unlikely seeing as you weren't apart of the allies.
Zadiner wrote:

Also, IC post up!

Im wondering how i should reply to that...

Your move Britain *plots*
This ensues

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:22 am

Tag...

Everyone forgets about Canada, so reserve them for me.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:46 am

NS Name:
Faal Lot Himdah
Playing as:
Canada
Area claimed:
Historically - Not really anything, but wants Newfoundland to join Confederarion.
121 - Keep in, Do not Remove
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:58 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
NS Name:
Faal Lot Himdah
Playing as:
Canada
Area claimed:
Historically - Not really anything, but wants Newfoundland to join Confederarion.

And yes I realize that Canada was a Domain of the British Empire. But we where giving a good amount of free reign from Britian during this time, thanks to our efforts in the Great War.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Cabana
Minister

Founded: May 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cabana » Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:12 am

Can I make an app for Poland since the guy reserving it has one day left and hasn't posted on the forms since July 27th?

Also, I can do the maps.
Last edited by Cabana on Sat Aug 08, 2015 6:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Post-Sarcastic Gnostic Anarcho-Fascist
Bezombia wrote:-Reagan was a Pastafarian and had statues of Cthulhu in his bed every night.
-Vladimir Lenin was married to Reagan's wife. Make of that what you will.
come on and slam
Only results! This world only remembers the results!

Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Eastern Antarctic State » Sat Aug 08, 2015 3:54 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
NS Name:
Faal Lot Himdah
Playing as:
Canada
Area claimed:

And yes I realize that Canada was a Domain of the British Empire. But we where giving a good amount of free reign from Britian during this time, thanks to our efforts in the Great War.

Noted
Cabana wrote:Can I make an app for Poland since the guy reserving it has one day left and hasn't posted on the forms since July 27th?

Also, I can do the maps.

Noted
This ensues

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:16 pm

The Eastern Antarctic State wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:

Noted
Cabana wrote:Can I make an app for Poland since the guy reserving it has one day left and hasn't posted on the forms since July 27th?

Also, I can do the maps.

Noted

Please remove my reservation, I have change my mind and will not be joining this RP.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Cabana
Minister

Founded: May 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cabana » Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:47 pm

General

NS name: Cabana
Playing as: Republic of Poland/Commonwealth of Poland
Capital: Warsaw
Population: 27,177,000
Language: Polish is the official language with Ukrainian, Yiddish, Belarusian, Russian, Lithuanian and German as recognized languages
Flag:
Territory (controlled):
Territory (claimed):

Foriegn Affairs:

Allies: France and Romania
Potential Enemies: The Soviet Union, Germany and Lithuania
Aims: The recreation of Poland-Lithuania
Style of Foreign Policy: Jingoism

Internal:

Style of Government: Multi-party Republic
Head of State: Stanisław Wojciechowski
Head of Government (if different):General Władysław Sikorski
Ruling Party (if applicable): Polish People's Party "Piast"
Next Election (if applicable): 1926 for the president and 1928 for the parliament
Major Ethnicities: Poles
Accepted Ethnicities: Lithuanians, Jews, Ukrainians, Germans, Belarusians and Russians
State Religion (or lack of thereof): Roman Catholicism and Judaism
State of Infrastructure: Poor, most cities don't have links via rail or road due to them being formerly in different countries
State of Industry: Good, heavy coal and steel production in Upper Silesia and Lesser Poland

Military Matters:

Military Size: 283,000 standing soldiers and 700,000 soldiers in reserve
Brief Description of Army (quality, size, equipment, morale): Very well trained as most NCOs are competent and do a lot of training. The military equipment is poor, however, and they mostly use old German and Russian weapons and still have cavalry brigades
Brief Description of Navy (quality, size, equipment, morale): Very small navy as Poland only has one major port, Gdynia. Most ships come from France, the Netherlands and Britain.
Brief Description of Armoured troops: No armored units as the Polish military primarily uses cavalry
Production Capacity: (I can't find anything on the production capacity, sorry)

Other:

History (to see of you have a grasp of the nation you are playing as, no copying of wikipedia): Poland gained independence from Russia as a kingdom in 1916 by Germany, no suitable king was found so the nation stayed in a regency for the duration of the war. In 1918, the regency council dissolved the "monarchy" and declared a republic. During the Treaty of Versailles, Poland was granted most of Posen, Pomerania and Silesia from Germany. Poland then went to war with the various Ukrainian governments over Eastern Galicia, Poland won this war and was ceded the territory as a result. Shortly afterwards, Polish and Soviet forces began to fight and the Polish-Soviet war broke out, Polish forces lost the first half of the war until they drove the Soviets back at the Battle of Warsaw (also known as the Miracle on the Vistula). Poland gained large swaths of land from the Soviets in the Peace of Riga, ethnic Poles in German Silesia staged an uprising against Germany around this time as well. President Gabriel Narutowicz is shot dead by artist Eligiusz Niewiadomski and an emergency election follows. Stanisław Wojciechowski becomes president in the election which brings us to 1923.
RP Example: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=327532&p=23208461#p23208461, viewtopic.php?f=31&t=317995&p=22393684#p22393684 and viewtopic.php?f=31&t=326648&p=23135847&sid=440133ddd2a3698d80ad48a1ddc50a4d#p23135847

785 - Keep in, do not remove
Post-Sarcastic Gnostic Anarcho-Fascist
Bezombia wrote:-Reagan was a Pastafarian and had statues of Cthulhu in his bed every night.
-Vladimir Lenin was married to Reagan's wife. Make of that what you will.
come on and slam
Only results! This world only remembers the results!

Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Eastern Antarctic State » Sat Aug 08, 2015 5:50 pm

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
The Eastern Antarctic State wrote:Noted

Noted

Please remove my reservation, I have change my mind and will not be joining this RP.

Alright.
Cabana wrote:
General

NS name: Cabana
Playing as: Republic of Poland/Commonwealth of Poland
Capital: Warsaw
Population: 27,177,000
Language: Polish is the official language with Ukrainian, Yiddish, Belarusian, Russian, Lithuanian and German as recognized languages
Flag:
(Image)
Territory (controlled):
(Image)
Territory (claimed):
(Image)

Foriegn Affairs:

Allies: France and Romania
Potential Enemies: The Soviet Union, Germany and Lithuania
Aims: The recreation of Poland-Lithuania
Style of Foreign Policy: Jingoism

Internal:

Style of Government: Multi-party Republic
Head of State: Stanisław Wojciechowski
Head of Government (if different):General Władysław Sikorski
Ruling Party (if applicable): Polish People's Party "Piast"
Next Election (if applicable): 1926 for the president and 1928 for the parliament
Major Ethnicities: Poles
Accepted Ethnicities: Lithuanians, Jews, Ukrainians, Germans, Belarusians and Russians
State Religion (or lack of thereof): Roman Catholicism and Judaism
State of Infrastructure: Poor, most cities don't have links via rail or road due to them being formerly in different countries
State of Industry: Good, heavy coal and steel production in Upper Silesia and Lesser Poland

Military Matters:

Military Size: 283,000 standing soldiers and 700,000 soldiers in reserve
Brief Description of Army (quality, size, equipment, morale): Very well trained as most NCOs are competent and do a lot of training. The military equipment is poor, however, and they mostly use old German and Russian weapons and still have cavalry brigades
Brief Description of Navy (quality, size, equipment, morale): Very small navy as Poland only has one major port, Gdynia. Most ships come from France, the Netherlands and Britain.
Brief Description of Armoured troops: No armored units as the Polish military primarily uses cavalry
Production Capacity: (I can't find anything on the production capacity, sorry)

Other:

History (to see of you have a grasp of the nation you are playing as, no copying of wikipedia): Poland gained independence from Russia as a kingdom in 1916 by Germany, no suitable king was found so the nation stayed in a regency for the duration of the war. In 1918, the regency council dissolved the "monarchy" and declared a republic. During the Treaty of Versailles, Poland was granted most of Posen, Pomerania and Silesia from Germany. Poland then went to war with the various Ukrainian governments over Eastern Galicia, Poland won this war and was ceded the territory as a result. Shortly afterwards, Polish and Soviet forces began to fight and the Polish-Soviet war broke out, Polish forces lost the first half of the war until they drove the Soviets back at the Battle of Warsaw (also known as the Miracle on the Vistula). Poland gained large swaths of land from the Soviets in the Peace of Riga, ethnic Poles in German Silesia staged an uprising against Germany around this time as well. President Gabriel Narutowicz is shot dead by artist Eligiusz Niewiadomski and an emergency election follows. Stanisław Wojciechowski becomes president in the election which brings us to 1923.
RP Example: viewtopic.php?f=31&t=327532&p=23208461#p23208461, viewtopic.php?f=31&t=317995&p=22393684#p22393684 and viewtopic.php?f=31&t=326648&p=23135847&sid=440133ddd2a3698d80ad48a1ddc50a4d#p23135847

785 - Keep in, do not remove

Accepted!
This ensues

The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:09 am

Czechoslovakia, Bulgaria, Greece or Norway.

Who would be best for me to play?

Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Eastern Antarctic State » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:21 am

The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism wrote:Czechoslovakia, Bulgaria, Greece or Norway.

Who would be best for me to play?

Bulgaria Czechoslavakia or greece would be cool
This ensues

The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 31, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:52 am

I'll probably go Bulgaria, though I will say Norway looked quite enticing.

Irona
Minister

Founded: Dec 27, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Irona » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:53 am

Is france open?

Minister

Left-wing Utopia

Postby The Eastern Antarctic State » Sun Aug 09, 2015 4:54 am

Irona wrote:Is france open?

Indeed it is
The Miaphysite Church of Coptic Archism wrote:I'll probably go Bulgaria, though I will say Norway looked quite enticing.

Alrighty!
This ensues

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse