NATION

PASSWORD

The UN Thread- Cold War Rising (Signup Now/Open/IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Peoples East Africa
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Peoples East Africa » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:13 pm

Cabana wrote:
The Peoples East Africa wrote:''The people have seen the error of that party, and they have flocked to the AIP en masse.''

"I'm sure the rich Afrikaners who benefited from that party sure as hell are flocking to yours. You still haven't said why it was okay for you to have invaded Botswana and Swaziland."

''Those 2 nations economies have been developing slowly for decades. South Africa has the strongest economy on the continent, and we've invested heavily in them. The richness brought by the diamond mines of Botswana will be used to improve the standard of living for every single person in the country.''

Cabana
Minister

Founded: May 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cabana » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:19 pm

The Peoples East Africa wrote:
Cabana wrote:"I'm sure the rich Afrikaners who benefited from that party sure as hell are flocking to yours. You still haven't said why it was okay for you to have invaded Botswana and Swaziland."

''Those 2 nations economies have been developing slowly for decades. South Africa has the strongest economy on the continent, and we've invested heavily in them. The richness brought by the diamond mines of Botswana will be used to improve the standard of living for every single person in the country.''

"So you invaded them for resources then?"
Post-Sarcastic Gnostic Anarcho-Fascist
Bezombia wrote:-Reagan was a Pastafarian and had statues of Cthulhu in his bed every night.
-Vladimir Lenin was married to Reagan's wife. Make of that what you will.
come on and slam
Only results! This world only remembers the results!

The Peoples East Africa
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Peoples East Africa » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:22 pm

Cabana wrote:
The Peoples East Africa wrote:''Those 2 nations economies have been developing slowly for decades. South Africa has the strongest economy on the continent, and we've invested heavily in them. The richness brought by the diamond mines of Botswana will be used to improve the standard of living for every single person in the country.''

"So you invaded them for resources then?"

''Do you only listen to the words you want to hear!? We are able to utilize these resources far more quickly than they ever could. We're helping to bring wealth to all citizens of our country quicker than any could on their own.''

Cabana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cabana » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:23 pm

Cabana wrote:"So you invaded them for resources then?"

''Do you only listen to the words you want to hear!? We are able to utilize these resources far more quickly than they ever could. We're helping to bring wealth to all citizens of our country quicker than any could on their own.''

"And you couldn't have just helped them with the diamond mines instead of invading them? Earlier you said it was to stop the spread of communism and now it's for the diamonds, can you get your own story straight?"
Bezombia wrote:-Reagan was a Pastafarian and had statues of Cthulhu in his bed every night.
come on and slam

The Peoples East Africa
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Peoples East Africa » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:24 pm

Cabana wrote:
The Peoples East Africa wrote:''Do you only listen to the words you want to hear!? We are able to utilize these resources far more quickly than they ever could. We're helping to bring wealth to all citizens of our country quicker than any could on their own.''

"And you couldn't have just helped them with the diamond mines instead of invading them? Earlier you said it was to stop the spread of communism and now it's for the diamonds, can you get your own story straight?"

''We have more than just one reason for our annexation. With them joining us, we can help to defend them from any external threat. The racists in charge of Rhodesia could have snapped and declared war at any moment!''

Cabana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cabana » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:26 pm

Cabana wrote:"And you couldn't have just helped them with the diamond mines instead of invading them? Earlier you said it was to stop the spread of communism and now it's for the diamonds, can you get your own story straight?"

''We have more than just one reason for our annexation. With them joining us, we can help to defend them from any external threat. The racists in charge of Rhodesia could have snapped and declared war at any moment!''

"The Rhodesias are currently part of the United Kingdom, even if they did declare war, couldn't you have helped them? Or are you saying that you're so weak you couldn't have fought them head on?"
come on and slam

The Peoples East Africa
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Peoples East Africa » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:28 pm

Cabana wrote:
The Peoples East Africa wrote:''We have more than just one reason for our annexation. With them joining us, we can help to defend them from any external threat. The racists in charge of Rhodesia could have snapped and declared war at any moment!''

"The Rhodesias are currently part of the United Kingdom, even if they did declare war, couldn't you have helped them? Or are you saying that you're so weak you couldn't have fought them head on?"

''Are you calling us weak? How dare you? Peacefully absorbing them now is far easier than having to liberate them at a later date.''

Cabana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cabana » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:30 pm

Cabana wrote:"The Rhodesias are currently part of the United Kingdom, even if they did declare war, couldn't you have helped them? Or are you saying that you're so weak you couldn't have fought them head on?"

''Are you calling us weak? How dare you? Peacefully absorbing them now is far easier than having to liberate them at a later date.''

"Rhodesia wouldn't have been able to invade and wouldn't wanted to have invaded when they already have the Marange diamond fields. They would never have possibly invaded them."
come on and slam

The Peoples East Africa
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Peoples East Africa » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:32 pm

Cabana wrote:
The Peoples East Africa wrote:''Are you calling us weak? How dare you? Peacefully absorbing them now is far easier than having to liberate them at a later date.''

"Rhodesia wouldn't have been able to invade and wouldn't wanted to have invaded when they already have the Marange diamond fields. They would never have possibly invaded them."

''When the people running a country are so mad, you never know what they could do. We annexed Botswana for their safety. When we did it, the British Empire never complained about it, so why should you?''

Cabana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cabana » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:34 pm

Cabana wrote:"Rhodesia wouldn't have been able to invade and wouldn't wanted to have invaded when they already have the Marange diamond fields. They would never have possibly invaded them."

''When the people running a country are so mad, you never know what they could do. We annexed Botswana for their safety. When we did it, the British Empire never complained about it, so why should you?''

"Because the British Empire doesn't care about what happens in Africa, if it did, why didn't it and France divide the newly independent states on ethnic lines?"
come on and slam

The Peoples East Africa
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Peoples East Africa » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:35 pm

Cabana wrote:
The Peoples East Africa wrote:''When the people running a country are so mad, you never know what they could do. We annexed Botswana for their safety. When we did it, the British Empire never complained about it, so why should you?''

"Because the British Empire doesn't care about what happens in Africa, if it did, why didn't it and France divide the newly independent states on ethnic lines?"

''Because they knew that things were better the way they were. And I agree. South Africa is performing wonderfully in everyway with how the country is now, and we don't need someone like you telling us to change it.''

Cabana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cabana » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:42 pm

Cabana wrote:"Because the British Empire doesn't care about what happens in Africa, if it did, why didn't it and France divide the newly independent states on ethnic lines?"

''Because they knew that things were better the way they were. And I agree. South Africa is performing wonderfully in everyway with how the country is now, and we don't need someone like you telling us to change it.''

"So you don't need one of the strongest nations on Earth and one of the founding members of the United Nations to tell you that invading other countries was wrong?"
come on and slam

The Peoples East Africa
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Peoples East Africa » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:45 pm

Cabana wrote:
The Peoples East Africa wrote:''Because they knew that things were better the way they were. And I agree. South Africa is performing wonderfully in everyway with how the country is now, and we don't need someone like you telling us to change it.''

"So you don't need one of the strongest nations on Earth and one of the founding members of the United Nations to tell you that invading other countries was wrong?"

''For the last time, we were doing this for their own good! I have an idea! Why don't we put you on trial for the crimes you committed against the natives of America? They deserve justice I feel.''

Cabana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cabana » Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:48 pm

Cabana wrote:"So you don't need one of the strongest nations on Earth and one of the founding members of the United Nations to tell you that invading other countries was wrong?"

''For the last time, we were doing this for their own good! I have an idea! Why don't we put you on trial for the crimes you committed against the natives of America? They deserve justice I feel.''

"We should be put on trial for what happened centuries ago? Stop with the whataboutisms and the goalpost moving, we're talking about right now."
come on and slam

The Peoples East Africa
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Peoples East Africa » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:06 pm

Cabana wrote:
The Peoples East Africa wrote:''For the last time, we were doing this for their own good! I have an idea! Why don't we put you on trial for the crimes you committed against the natives of America? They deserve justice I feel.''

"We should be put on trial for what happened centuries ago? Stop with the whataboutisms and the goalpost moving, we're talking about right now."

''And right now you're denying the genocide you committed on the peaceful natives!''

Cabana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cabana » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:18 pm

Cabana wrote:"We should be put on trial for what happened centuries ago? Stop with the whataboutisms and the goalpost moving, we're talking about right now."

''And right now you're denying the genocide you committed on the peaceful natives!''

"Do you not understand that was hundreds of years ago? Stop the whataboutisms or we will engage in economic sanctions and we will freeze your assets here.
come on and slam

Republic of the Cristo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of the Cristo » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:21 pm

Cabana wrote:"We should be put on trial for what happened centuries ago? Stop with the whataboutisms and the goalpost moving, we're talking about right now."

"You have been avoiding our accusations against your nation this entire time! You have told the United nations that the reason why you invaded these countries was because you did not agree with their politics, which is the moral equivalent of shooting some one because you disagree with their decision making, and for the reason of seizing their resources. Such imperialism will not, under any circumstances be tolerated in this modern world! I demand that the representatives call the vote now.

The AFU votes Aye!"
Orthodox Christian, Nationalist, Reactionary, Stoic

(2 Kings 2:23-25): you won't be dissappointed

The Peoples East Africa
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Peoples East Africa » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:31 pm

Cabana wrote:
The Peoples East Africa wrote:''And right now you're denying the genocide you committed on the peaceful natives!''

"Do you not understand that was hundreds of years ago? Stop the whataboutisms or we will engage in economic sanctions and we will freeze your assets here.

''Their spirits will never be at rest until you all are punished! I'll see that a draft of that occurs once we finish here.''

The Peoples East Africa
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Peoples East Africa » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:32 pm

Republic of the Cristo wrote:
The Peoples East Africa wrote:''And right now you're denying the genocide you committed on the peaceful natives!''

"You have been avoiding our accusations against your nation this entire time! You have told the United nations that the reason why you invaded these countries was because you did not agree with their politics, which is the moral equivalent of shooting some one because you disagree with their decision making, and for the reason of seizing their resources. Such imperialism will not, under any circumstances be tolerated in this modern world! I demand that the representatives call the vote now.

The AFU votes Aye!"

''We believe we've justified it, but you can't seem to see that! We vote nay on this condemnation!''

Cabana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cabana » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:36 pm

Cabana wrote:"Do you not understand that was hundreds of years ago? Stop the whataboutisms or we will engage in economic sanctions and we will freeze your assets here.

''Their spirits will never be at rest until you all are punished! I'll see that a draft of that occurs once we finish here.''

"You're going to draft a condemnation for events that happened 70 years ago (I'm assuming you're talking about Wounded Knee) even though all of the participants are long dead?"
come on and slam

Republic of the Cristo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of the Cristo » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:42 pm

OOC: Guys seriously, we need to settle the first two condemnations before we just start rolling them out.
Orthodox Christian, Nationalist, Reactionary, Stoic

(2 Kings 2:23-25): you won't be dissappointed

The Peoples East Africa
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Peoples East Africa » Sun Aug 02, 2015 5:43 pm

Cabana wrote:
The Peoples East Africa wrote:''Their spirits will never be at rest until you all are punished! I'll see that a draft of that occurs once we finish here.''

"You're going to draft a condemnation for events that happened 70 years ago (I'm assuming you're talking about Wounded Knee) even though all of the participants are long dead?"

''I may do. If I believe it is necessary.'' He then paused, while appearing deep in thought. He got up, and walked over to where the American rep was sitting. ''I'm sure you can see the good of our intentions? If you look deep in your heart... I'm sure you'll find the good.'' While he said that, he made very visible a large amount of cash in his top pocket. ''Think about it,'' he finished before sitting back down.

Cabana
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Cabana » Sun Aug 02, 2015 6:55 pm

Cabana wrote:"You're going to draft a condemnation for events that happened 70 years ago (I'm assuming you're talking about Wounded Knee) even though all of the participants are long dead?"

''I may do. If I believe it is necessary.'' He then paused, while appearing deep in thought. He got up, and walked over to where the American rep was sitting. ''I'm sure you can see the good of our intentions? If you look deep in your heart... I'm sure you'll find the good.'' While he said that, he made very visible a large amount of cash in his top pocket. ''Think about it,'' he finished before sitting back down.

"There is no good in your intentions, it only benefits you. You could've easily helped them with the diamond mines and you never had to annex the countries."
come on and slam

Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi
Post Czar

Founded: Sep 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Democratic Peoples republic of Kelvinsi » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:16 pm

The Portuguese representative a hand picked Moroccan black shirt stood to speak.
Before you all condemn the actions of my adopted country, Portugal I as an ethnic Moroccan, would like to bring some insight into the so called imperialsim of my adopted country. First and foremost the Moroccan people have suffered under the former regime. There was little religious freedom in the country. Everyone in Morocco could testify for this fact. I am a Roman Cathlioc in Morocco, and my family, and I have suffered from numerous human rights abuses from the former oppressive government. I thought you Americans valued your so called freedom, if you cannot stand for religious freedom, something your constitution promises I would advise you to read yout oen constituion again. Moving on, I eould like to add that Moroccan support for Portuguese liberation is on the rise right now. The Portuguese government has given us our basic human rights, something that the UN has failed to.give us. The UN merely sat there while minorities stood suffered. Perhaps that is the US is about. Even though they claim that they are better than the rest of the world in terms of freedom one look at their oppressed black minority will say otherwise. While Portugal in recent years has worked to improve racial equality the US continued to oppress African Americans. Before you accuse my adopted country of bias I would like to ask yourselves just one question. How many black high profile US politicians there are? Now ask yourself another question, how many high profile black Portuguese polticians there are. Portugal has many more blacks than whites in politics now while the US barely has any blacks or other minorities in its legislature. I speak not in defence of Portugal but I just present you with facts that you can choose to ignore, or deliberate the validity of the proposal.

"The worst form of inequality is to make unequal things equal."
-Aristotle
"Even the striving for equality by means of a directed economy can result only in an officially enforced inequality - an authoritarian determination of the status of each individual in the new hierarchical order. "-Friedrich August von Hayek
Political Compass
Economic:3.88
Social:1.40

Tory Blue to the Core(Leans Democrat in the US though)
What have we done...

Esceen
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 19, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Esceen » Sun Aug 02, 2015 8:21 pm

Democratic peoples republic of Kelvinsi wrote:The Portuguese representative a hand picked Moroccan black shirt stood to speak.
Before you all condemn the actions of my adopted country, Portugal I as an ethnic Moroccan, would like to bring some insight into the so called imperialsim of my adopted country. First and foremost the Moroccan people have suffered under the former regime. There was little religious freedom in the country. Everyone in Morocco could testify for this fact. I am a Roman Cathlioc in Morocco, and my family, and I have suffered from numerous human rights abuses from the former oppressive government. I thought you Americans valued your so called freedom, if you cannot stand for religious freedom, something your constitution promises I would advise you to read yout oen constituion again. Moving on, I eould like to add that Moroccan support for Portuguese liberation is on the rise right now. The Portuguese government has given us our basic human rights, something that the UN has failed to.give us. The UN merely sat there while minorities stood suffered. Perhaps that is the US is about. Even though they claim that they are better than the rest of the world in terms of freedom one look at their oppressed black minority will say otherwise. While Portugal in recent years has worked to improve racial equality the US continued to oppress African Americans. Before you accuse my adopted country of bias I would like to ask yourselves just one question. How many black high profile US politicians there are? Now ask yourself another question, how many high profile black Portuguese polticians there are. Portugal has many more blacks than whites in politics now while the US barely has any blacks or other minorities in its legislature. I speak not in defence of Portugal but I just present you with facts that you can choose to ignore, or deliberate the validity of the proposal.

"We have heard nothing of these supposed human rights violations. This is not liberation, it is imperialism. Portugal will just bleed Morocco dry until someone forces them out. It is very hypocritical that you speak of coloured rights while you squat in African countries and suck their resources like a vampire. You are just a thug on the Portuguese payroll."

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse