NATION

PASSWORD

As Gods Are We (OOC/Sign-Up/Semi-OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:55 pm

Could I hypothetically make a Goddess of Death? Or generally something powerful and malevolent?
ಠ_ಠ Proud owner of the Mystery Genre RPer award 2014!!
Pro: Science, environmentalism, equal rights, const. monarchy, mixed economy, Scientocracy, abortion, Western Europe, NZ, Japan, Australia, Nordic countries, SKorea, EU, immigration control, Merkel, Buddhism, Israel, centrism, eurofederalism, GMOs, soft euroscepticism
Against: Biophobia, social Conservatism, excessive militarism/pacifism, hedonism, totalitarianism, anarchism, fascism, communism, feminism SJWs/BLM, corruption, Islam, Christianity, Palestine, nazism, Russia, Arab League, Saudi Arabia, Greece, traditionalism, moralism, UKIP, uncontrolled immigration
Political Graph

I wonder if you're the worst person I've ever met; at a certain age it's hard to recall... ~ Olenna to Cersei,Game of Thrones

Max Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Nov 03, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Max Empire » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:56 pm

Jessjohnesik wrote:Could I hypothetically make a Goddess of Death? Or generally something powerful and malevolent?

I think somebody already took that.

And hey Jess! It's been a long time!
Economic Left/Right: 2.38
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.44
23 year old Pansexual Swiss Male from Switzerland, loves history, economics and politics

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:59 pm

Max empire wrote:
Jessjohnesik wrote:Could I hypothetically make a Goddess of Death? Or generally something powerful and malevolent?

Oh wow Max, I thought your nation was deleted.

:hug:
Pro: Science, environmentalism, equal rights, const. monarchy, mixed economy, Scientocracy, abortion, Western Europe, NZ, Japan, Australia, Nordic countries, SKorea, EU, immigration control, Merkel, Buddhism, Israel, centrism, eurofederalism, GMOs, soft euroscepticism
Against: Biophobia, social Conservatism, excessive militarism/pacifism, hedonism, totalitarianism, anarchism, fascism, communism, feminism SJWs/BLM, corruption, Islam, Christianity, Palestine, nazism, Russia, Arab League, Saudi Arabia, Greece, traditionalism, moralism, UKIP, uncontrolled immigration
Political Graph

I wonder if you're the worst person I've ever met; at a certain age it's hard to recall... ~ Olenna to Cersei,Game of Thrones

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Founded: May 16, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Fri Jul 31, 2015 2:59 pm

Max empire wrote:

Yeah ya red broad that's my stomping ground X3
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Check out The Living Waste of Mekhallah, an original low-fantasy setting.

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:02 pm

Lancearc wrote:
Max empire wrote:

Yeah ya red broad that's my stomping ground X3

Hmm, perhaps my char could be your char's powerful ally or worthy accomplice/hand/etc?
Assuming though there will be alliances in this RP. Forgive me for being lazy and not fully reading through the RP, but is there a good-vs-evil plot?

You know, I'm looking forward to restarting the whole Lance-Jess character dynamic. And making it an evil one of course :twisted:
Political Graph

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:03 pm

Jessjohnesik wrote:
Lancearc wrote:Yeah ya red broad that's my stomping ground X3

Hmm, perhaps my char could be your char's powerful ally or worthy accomplice/hand/etc?
Assuming though there will be alliances in this RP. Forgive me for being lazy and not fully reading through the RP, but is there a good-vs-evil plot?

You know, I'm looking forward to restarting the whole Lance-Jess character dynamic. And making it an evil one of course :twisted:

Already stole xir in another RP. :p

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:06 pm

Jessjohnesik wrote:
Lancearc wrote:Yeah ya red broad that's my stomping ground X3

Oh yes there's so many deaths, so little time just for one poor little God >:3
If you ever need advice on writing, help creating an RP of your own, or just generally need any kind of help, feel free to TG! I've been around the block in my old age.

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:06 pm

Charlia wrote:
Jessjohnesik wrote:

Already stole xir in another RP. :p

Xir?
Political Graph

Max Empire
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Max Empire » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:07 pm

Jessjohnesik wrote:
Max empire wrote:

Oh wow Max, I thought your nation was deleted.

:hug:

It was..... very busy for 2 years, I couldn't log on...... But now I'm back with my lunatic characters!
23 year old Pansexual Swiss Male from Switzerland, loves history, economics and politics

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:14 pm

Jessjohnesik wrote:
Charlia wrote:Already stole xir in another RP. :p

Xir?

Yeah. I don't know xir gender, and I know sometimes asking makes people feel awkward. So I use xe/xir in place of he/him or she/her or they/them, you know. You're a xe. Lancearc's a xe. Prumia's a xe. Max's a xe. Britanania's a xe. Everyone's a xe! Except for the few people whose gender I know, like Castle Crashers, who is a she. And of course, myself. (I am a she.)

Max Empire
Negotiator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Max Empire » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:21 pm

Charlia wrote:
Jessjohnesik wrote:
Xir?

Yeah. I don't know xir gender, and I know sometimes asking makes people feel awkward. So I use xe/xir in place of he/him or she/her or they/them, you know. You're a xe. Lancearc's a xe. Prumia's a xe. Max's a xe. Britanania's a xe. Everyone's a xe! Except for the few people whose gender I know, like Castle Crashers, who is a she. And of course, myself. (I am a she.)

I thought the default was that you should assume the person is male if you don't know their gender.

Lancearc
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Lancearc » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:22 pm

Charlia wrote:
Jessjohnesik wrote:
Xir?

Very much male, if you'd like some clarity :3

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:32 pm

Max empire wrote:
Charlia wrote:Yeah. I don't know xir gender, and I know sometimes asking makes people feel awkward. So I use xe/xir in place of he/him or she/her or they/them, you know. You're a xe. Lancearc's a xe. Prumia's a xe. Max's a xe. Britanania's a xe. Everyone's a xe! Except for the few people whose gender I know, like Castle Crashers, who is a she. And of course, myself. (I am a she.)

I thought the default was that you should assume the person is male if you don't know their gender.

Default, schmefault. Besides, some girls would get offended if they were referred to with male pronouns. I'm not one of them(I'm more of the 'well, actually, I'm a girl, but whatever' type), but I know some who are.
Lancearc wrote:
Charlia wrote:Yeah. I don't know xir gender, and I know sometimes asking makes people feel awkward. So I use xe/xir in place of he/him or she/her or they/them, you know. You're a xe. Lancearc's a xe. Prumia's a xe. Max's a xe. Britanania's a xe. Everyone's a xe! Except for the few people whose gender I know, like Castle Crashers, who is a she. And of course, myself. (I am a she.)

o7
Thanks for the info.

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:47 pm

Lancearc wrote:

Opposite of this. :p

Charlia wrote:
Jessjohnesik wrote:
Xir?

"They" perhaps?

:p
Political Graph

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:50 pm

Lancearc wrote:
Jessjohnesik wrote:

Oh yes there's so many deaths, so little time just for one poor little God >:3

I've been obsessed with psychopathic chars lately. My favourite fictional entity is slightly psychopathic it seems(although that's arguable). So I might as well it a default for future RPs.
Political Graph

The Planet of Oceanis
Envoy

Founded: Jun 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Planet of Oceanis » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:05 pm

Ey Jess, I'm pretty sure there isn't a deity of evil (although there are very much some malevolent ones).
Could you please take a look?
If I get involved in other NS RPs, my planet effectively becomes a region, and I can RP as any/all of the nations in it.

I am not a nation. This account is for roleplaying as any/all of the nations on my 'planet'.
Info on the planet

The Planet of Oceanis
Envoy

Founded: Jun 24, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Planet of Oceanis » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:21 pm

Will it be possible to have human characters, like cult leaders and whatnot?
Could you please take a look?
If I get involved in other NS RPs, my planet effectively becomes a region, and I can RP as any/all of the nations in it.

I am not a nation. This account is for roleplaying as any/all of the nations on my 'planet'.
Info on the planet

Prumia
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 25, 2009
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Prumia » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:44 pm

Lunas Legion wrote:Name: Syeli

It probably sounds bad, but I was expecting to hate this one when I finally got the application. I am glad to say your application is... ACCEPTED! End of things as your concept, huh? Should be interesting to see how that works.

Flamels Stone wrote:OP can I have 2 Gods?

No, sorry. Maybe later on, but not right now.

The NAR wrote:What do you mean they need to be connected? That doesn't make any sense

Auchterland wrote:--snip--

Auchertland actually got this right. The core concept is the essence of what you are the god of and the spheres are how those powers manifest. Did you read the example I linked?

Auchterland wrote:Oh, yeah, I hadn't even posted in this thread, I was just silently lurking. Can I reserve the spot for a god of home, family and civilization, though?

Did not feel the need to lurk; all are welcome! Egh... That sounded terrible.

Anyway, a god can only be reserved once an application is submitted. Nobody has claimed that yet so feel free to submit one.

Britanania wrote:I believe it was Kinky Bastards who mentioned a chart or tree detailing the deities' respected relationships. I have to agree with this, as it seems more and more of our characters have connexions

I have considered making one of these actually; either a family tree or a relationship chart. When we get further into the role-play, I might, but for now it is too small a tree. You all can make one if you want, though.

Death is already claimed, but their are plenty of negative feelings open. Have you considered a Goddess of Hate or something like that?
The Coalition of Sovereign Nations is a group joined together to work towards a common goal: the preservation of every nation's Rights of Self-Governing against those who take it from them. Whether you would like to take an active part in this endeavor or whether you simply want to get away from all those regions and organizations intent on changing your nation, this Coalition is for you!
Signed, sincerely,
The Coalition of Sovereign Nations

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Sat Aug 01, 2015 2:05 am

I see, thanks. I'll consider making a Goddess of Evil/or Hate/ or etc
Political Graph

The NAR
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The NAR » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:39 am

I fixed my app
America, The Military, First Responders, Bernie Sanders, Democracy Liberty, Equality, Freedom of Speech, Right to Bear Arms, Mixed Economic System, Canada, Germany, Leafyishere, IDubbz, FilthyFrank, RONALD REAGAN

Stalinism, Fascism, Feminazism, Feminazis, Feminazis who are still living, Feminazis who are dead, annoying Gay Pride people, FUCKEN WEEABOOS, emos, constantly-depressed people, Donald Trump, Hillary Clinton

If you ever want some QUALITY ASS memes, TG me, and I'll hook you up ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Mirakai
Senator

Founded: May 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Mirakai » Sat Aug 01, 2015 7:48 am

...a fuckton of new pages appeared overnight...

I'll finish my app either later today or tomorrow
Sister of Isle of Lithonia, and Sister-in-Law of Imperial--Japan
Torture Room Manager of ImperialJapanism
The Princess of Perverts
Crazy Yandere: Scamvidia
Wolfy Waifu: Ulvenes
Pet: Sonitusia
Proud Member of the SOPWHKTNTPBHNIWTP

Italios
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Italios » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:30 am

Alright, I edited my app. Is this how you wanted it?
NATURAL GOD Application
Name: Alithia
Title: Divine Spirit of Knowledge, Intellect and Ideas
Physical Age: 21
Appearance: A swirling mass of numbers, letters and shapes
Sphere(s) of Influence: New ideas, learning, literature, music, mathematics
Core Concept: Knowledge
Favored Appearance: Ta da! (She also has the ability to shape-shift into an old man wearing robes and with a long, silvery-gray beard, or silvery-blue cat, but she must concentrate to stay in these forms and will change back if she loses concentration, against her own will or not.)
Biography: Alithia was born with the creation of the universe. Since the beginning mankind, she has been dreaming up new ideas or inventions and planting them in the mind of mortals she deems worthy. She has no parents, due to the fact that her core concept is not solid, and has an optimistic, cheerful personality and somewhat dreamy and enjoys making jokes (After all, that's were we get them). She does not usually take credit for an idea that was successful for the humans. She enjoys playing music, particularly on the violin, piano, harp or lyre, or scribbling down ideas for new works of literature.
However, she is sometimes considered overly perky, annoyingly optimistic or a know-it-all by others. She is distracted easily and sometimes gets confused by all the ideas she has.
Issue Author #1461: No Shirt, No Shoes, No ID, No Service.

Italios
Post Marshal

Founded: Dec 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Italios » Sat Aug 01, 2015 9:32 am

Prumia wrote:
Lunas Legion wrote:Name: Syeli

It probably sounds bad, but I was expecting to hate this one when I finally got the application. I am glad to say your application is... ACCEPTED! End of things as your concept, huh? Should be interesting to see how that works.

Flamels Stone wrote:OP can I have 2 Gods?

No, sorry. Maybe later on, but not right now.

The NAR wrote:What do you mean they need to be connected? That doesn't make any sense

Auchterland wrote:--snip--

Auchertland actually got this right. The core concept is the essence of what you are the god of and the spheres are how those powers manifest. Did you read the example I linked?

Auchterland wrote:Oh, yeah, I hadn't even posted in this thread, I was just silently lurking. Can I reserve the spot for a god of home, family and civilization, though?

Did not feel the need to lurk; all are welcome! Egh... That sounded terrible.

Anyway, a god can only be reserved once an application is submitted. Nobody has claimed that yet so feel free to submit one.

Britanania wrote:I believe it was Kinky Bastards who mentioned a chart or tree detailing the deities' respected relationships. I have to agree with this, as it seems more and more of our characters have connexions

I have considered making one of these actually; either a family tree or a relationship chart. When we get further into the role-play, I might, but for now it is too small a tree. You all can make one if you want, though.

Death is already claimed, but their are plenty of negative feelings open. Have you considered a Goddess of Hate or something like that?

May I suggest the Goddess of Nightmares or Fear?
Issue Author #1461: No Shirt, No Shoes, No ID, No Service.

Auchterland
Envoy

Founded: Dec 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Auchterland » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:18 am

Italios wrote:May I suggest the Goddess of Nightmares or Fear?

There is a god of despair whose domains are really close to that, I think.

Also, app!
NATURAL GOD Application
Name: Erdan
Title: Defender of the Home and the People, the Mediator, the Wayfinder.
Physical Age: Around his 40s in his favored appearance, I guess.
Appearance: He changes it according to what suits him most in a determined situation, often to something that will have the ones he talks to sympathize with him.
Sphere(s) of Influence: Home, hospitality, family, community, civilization, politics, governance.
Core Concept: Sociability.
Favored Appearance:

Biography: Erdan came to existance when the first beings formed bonds between themselves, recognizing each other as equals and seeing how they could benefit from their union. From that moment onwards, he presided over the different forms of association between the living beings, either mortal or not. This means that, over time, as these forms have changed, so did his powers. What began as families grew into larger tribes, nomads settled the land and thus built homes, which Erdan would protect. Slowly, cities would be formed, and eventually, as the living beings would seek to better organize life in these new spaces, the first States would appear and also receive his blessing.
Those who are lost and seek to return to their homes, weary travelers, exiles, those whose family and people are in a desperate situation, diplomats, leaders, all pray to Erdan for guidance.

Jorgamunn
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Jorgamunn » Sat Aug 01, 2015 11:21 am

Auchterland wrote:
Italios wrote:May I suggest the Goddess of Nightmares or Fear?

There is a god of despair whose domains are really close to that, I think.

Also, app!
NATURAL GOD Application
Name: Erdan
Title: Defender of the Home and the People, the Mediator, the Wayfinder.
Physical Age: Around his 40s in his favored appearance, I guess.
Appearance: He changes it according to what suits him most in a determined situation, often to something that will have the ones he talks to sympathize with him.
Sphere(s) of Influence: Home, hospitality, family, community, civilization, politics, governance.
Core Concept: Sociability.
Favored Appearance:

Biography: Erdan came to existance when the first beings formed bonds between themselves, recognizing each other as equals and seeing how they could benefit from their union. From that moment onwards, he presided over the different forms of association between the living beings, either mortal or not. This means that, over time, as these forms have changed, so did his powers. What began as families grew into larger tribes, nomads settled the land and thus built homes, which Erdan would protect. Slowly, cities would be formed, and eventually, as the living beings would seek to better organize life in these new spaces, the first States would appear and also receive his blessing.
Those who are lost and seek to return to their homes, weary travelers, exiles, those whose family and people are in a desperate situation, diplomats, leaders, all pray to Erdan for guidance.

Just take not that the world as of current is not yet made so it would be best to mention that your god char is from another dimension

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse