NATION

PASSWORD

The Coldest Day: A Cold War RP (OOC/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:10 pm

Greater Istanistan wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Hey! The West is led by Australia in the Pacific!

Question:

Why is Australia's population twice what it is now IRL? And how did Australia rapidly incorporate that many people into a territory that has difficulties sustaining its current population with modern tech? Where does its wealth come from? Even if it annexed all those islands, prothat couldn't account for this. Those islands were and are tiny.

Justify, plz?

Alright.

Basically, after ww1, very effective, more effective than irl, immigration policies were put into place, offering land for homesteading, etc. Most people moved to the southern coast, where there was a baby boom of immigrants to sustain the family farms. This population continued to grow and be sustained through immigration, with a lot coming from East Asia now. This, plus the addition of new land allowed for the population to be the size it is.

So like the USA, the population is sustained by immigration. They became rich due to foreign investment, and being one of the biggest food producers during ww2, selling it to the allies in Europe, especially the suffering Soviets.

I do agree that I should reduce the population a bit, however.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Cabana
Minister

Founded: May 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cabana » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:16 pm

The Tricolour wrote:CODE: SELECT ALL
Full Nation Name: The United Kingdom of Benelux
Short Nation Name: Benelux
National Flag: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... PgodJEAFNQ
Form of Government: Constitutional Monarchy
Head of State: King Jan I
Head of Government: (if different) Prime Minister Willem von Maasterson
Capital City: Amsterdam
Population: 17,000,000
Ideology: Capatalism
Religion: (state the situation of the church within your nation) The nation is secular, but because of the Nazis Jews are rare, and Catholocism is the dominant religion.
Military: (Explain branches, size of branches, what they are tasked with, active and reserve numbers) After the war, the Benelux government adopted a US-style armed forces, with the Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard and Marines. 90,000 people are in the Benelux Armed Forces. 40,000 men are in the Army, 30,000 men are in the Navy, 10,000 men are in the Air Force and 5,000 men are in the Coast Guard and Marines.
Economic Strength: (briefly describe how wealthy your nation is) The nation is recovering from World War II, but it is doing so quite well.
Infrastructure: (briefly describe the quality of your nations infrastructure) See above.
Scientific Research and Development: (briefly describe the state of scientific R&D in your nation) The Belgian, Luxembourgish and Dutch Resistance stole any Nazi techonology they could find, and post-war, the US and Allies shared their technology. So Benelux is very sophisticated in their technology.
Government Structure: (Brief description of how you government runs and fucntions) The Benelux government is democratic. However, if there is a tie, the monarch casts the final vote.
Primary Goals: Try to survive the Cold War.
History: (If there is any differentiation from IRL) After World War II, Belguim, The Netherlands and Luxembourg decided to unite and form the United Kingdom of Benelux.
Claims: The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg (mainland) The Democratic Republic of the Congo, Indonesia (colonies).
RP Example:

Who is Jan I and this needs more substance, why would they all decide to unify?
Post-Sarcastic Gnostic Anarcho-Fascist
Bezombia wrote:-Reagan was a Pastafarian and had statues of Cthulhu in his bed every night.
-Vladimir Lenin was married to Reagan's wife. Make of that what you will.
come on and slam
Only results! This world only remembers the results!

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:20 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Question:

Why is Australia's population twice what it is now IRL? And how did Australia rapidly incorporate that many people into a territory that has difficulties sustaining its current population with modern tech? Where does its wealth come from? Even if it annexed all those islands, prothat couldn't account for this. Those islands were and are tiny.

Justify, plz?

Alright.

Basically, after ww1, very effective, more effective than irl, immigration policies were put into place, offering land for homesteading, etc. Most people moved to the southern coast, where there was a baby boom of immigrants to sustain the family farms. This population continued to grow and be sustained through immigration, with a lot coming from East Asia now. This, plus the addition of new land allowed for the population to be the size it is.

So like the USA, the population is sustained by immigration. They became rich due to foreign investment, and being one of the biggest food producers during ww2, selling it to the allies in Europe, especially the suffering Soviets.

Changed to 26 mil.

If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

The Peoples East Africa
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Peoples East Africa » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:22 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Alright.

Changed to 26 mil.

Now I have a bigger population than you. Yet another victory for communism!

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:24 pm

The Peoples East Africa wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Changed to 26 mil.

Now I have a bigger population than you. Yet another victory for communism!

How is that a victory?

Greater Istanistan
Senator

Founded: May 15, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Greater Istanistan » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:24 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Alright.

Changed to 26 mil.
Fair enough on the majority of that. However, don't forget that in the aftermath of the war wheat was cheap as dirt. Canada and the US were exporting it en masse, and although there was rationing on a lot of things rebuilding agriculture was a priority for everyone involved. Australia had a strong cattle sector, sure, but at the same time governments were probably focussed on feeding their people cheaply (EG wheat) as opposed to well (EG foreign beef). Finally, don't forget that Australia is in South-East Asia. Most Western markets would have no need for its food products when they could get them from Canada and the US. There's also security - North American convoys would have to deal solely with German U-Boats by traversing the safer North Atlantic, whereas Australian convoys would have to deal with the Japanese fleet and after that either go via the Mediterranean, which would basically be a shooting gallery for Italian and German aircraft, or all the way around Africa, at which point they would have to deal first with Vichy West Africa pre-Torch and even after that the densest Axis submarine infrastructure in Western France. And Asia was mostly a closed market - India could feed itself, and China was locked away by the Japanese. As for exports to the US, they could easily feed themselves.

Nevertheless, I do see how more effective and less parochial immigration policies could easily provoke a greater boom in the interwar period, although the vast majority would probably be East Asians because it was so bloody difficult for Western Europeans to get all the way to Australia when America was so much closer and wealthier. You'd probably have a large Malay Chinese, Indonesian, and Indian expat community swelled by refugees trying to flee Japan's domination later on in the war. That in itself is a fascinating butterfly to play with, especially in regards to later ethnic politics and the rise of the assorted Communist regimes.

All in all, good luck! We'll probably end up working together on some important issues.
ASK ME ABOUT HARUHIISM

DYNASTIES ARE THEFT/IMPEACH REINHARD/YANG WENLI 2020

"I am not a champion of lost causes, but of causes not yet won." - Norman Thomas

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:25 pm

Cabana wrote:
The Tricolour wrote:CODE: SELECT ALL
Full Nation Name: The United Kingdom of Benelux
Short Nation Name: Benelux
National Flag: http://www.google.com/imgres?imgurl=htt ... PgodJEAFNQ
Form of Government: Constitutional Monarchy
Head of State: King Jan I
Head of Government: (if different) Prime Minister Willem von Maasterson
Capital City: Amsterdam
Population: 17,000,000
Ideology: Capatalism
Religion: (state the situation of the church within your nation) The nation is secular, but because of the Nazis Jews are rare, and Catholocism is the dominant religion.
Military: (Explain branches, size of branches, what they are tasked with, active and reserve numbers) After the war, the Benelux government adopted a US-style armed forces, with the Army, Navy, Air Force, Coast Guard and Marines. 90,000 people are in the Benelux Armed Forces. 40,000 men are in the Army, 30,000 men are in the Navy, 10,000 men are in the Air Force and 5,000 men are in the Coast Guard and Marines.
Economic Strength: (briefly describe how wealthy your nation is) The nation is recovering from World War II, but it is doing so quite well.
Infrastructure: (briefly describe the quality of your nations infrastructure) See above.
Scientific Research and Development: (briefly describe the state of scientific R&D in your nation) The Belgian, Luxembourgish and Dutch Resistance stole any Nazi techonology they could find, and post-war, the US and Allies shared their technology. So Benelux is very sophisticated in their technology.
Government Structure: (Brief description of how you government runs and fucntions) The Benelux government is democratic. However, if there is a tie, the monarch casts the final vote.
Primary Goals: Try to survive the Cold War.
History: (If there is any differentiation from IRL) After World War II, Belguim, The Netherlands and Luxembourg decided to unite and form the United Kingdom of Benelux.
Claims: The Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg (mainland) The Democratic Republic of the Congo, Indonesia (colonies).
RP Example:

Who is Jan I and this needs more substance, why would they all decide to unify?

I would deny this. Makes no sense. Plus the Nazis didn't completely eliminate the Jewish population. Plus, Indonesia is already claimed.

The Peoples East Africa
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Peoples East Africa » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:25 pm

Sanabel wrote:
The Peoples East Africa wrote:Now I have a bigger population than you. Yet another victory for communism!

How is that a victory?

If a statistical book if printed, the ranking of Korea shall be higher than the ranking of Australia! I'm at a serious disadvantage here being communist, I need to treat everything as a potential victory.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:27 pm

Sanabel wrote:Changed to 26 mil.
Fair enough on the majority of that. However, don't forget that in the aftermath of the war wheat was cheap as dirt. Canada and the US were exporting it en masse, and although there was rationing on a lot of things rebuilding agriculture was a priority for everyone involved. Australia had a strong cattle sector, sure, but at the same time governments were probably focussed on feeding their people cheaply (EG wheat) as opposed to well (EG foreign beef). Finally, don't forget that Australia is in South-East Asia. Most Western markets would have no need for its food products when they could get them from Canada and the US. There's also security - North American convoys would have to deal solely with German U-Boats by traversing the safer North Atlantic, whereas Australian convoys would have to deal with the Japanese fleet and after that either go via the Mediterranean, which would basically be a shooting gallery for Italian and German aircraft, or all the way around Africa, at which point they would have to deal first with Vichy West Africa pre-Torch and even after that the densest Axis submarine infrastructure in Western France. And Asia was mostly a closed market - India could feed itself, and China was locked away by the Japanese. As for exports to the US, they could easily feed themselves.

Nevertheless, I do see how more effective and less parochial immigration policies could easily provoke a greater boom in the interwar period, although the vast majority would probably be East Asians because it was so bloody difficult for Western Europeans to get all the way to Australia when America was so much closer and wealthier. You'd probably have a large Malay Chinese, Indonesian, and Indian expat community swelled by refugees trying to flee Japan's domination later on in the war. That in itself is a fascinating butterfly to play with, especially in regards to later ethnic politics and the rise of the assorted Communist regimes.

All in all, good luck! We'll probably end up working together on some important issues.

Thanks for the advice. I will incorporate this into my app. I'm not really an expert on Australia, to be honest. Or anything for that matter. Just a highschooler whose only geopolitical experience is serving on the WHO in MUN.
Last edited by Sanabel on Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Greater Istanistan
Senator

Founded: May 15, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

App

Postby Greater Istanistan » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:30 pm

Also, the claims about "captured Nazi tech" in the Benelux app are deeply confusing, as the most they could have picked up is a couple of rifles. Not sure how you got "highly advanced" out of that.

Sanebal, neither am I. I'm a high schooler like any other. I'm also, however, a semi-obsessive realist and trivia collector. :p The only reason I know about wheat prices is because I'm a Canadian - that's mandatory historical knowledge relating to the Great Depression and its effects here.

It's quite a well-done app, but I naturally get a little curious whenever anyone claims that something is "the best in the world". My advice is this - don't worry about starting out as the best. Start out with reality, change a couple things, and then climb hard.

WIP

Full Nation Name: Empire of Japan
Short Nation Name: Japan
National Flag: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flag_of_J ... _Japan.svg
Form of Government: Liberal Democracy under American Supervision - although the Emperor has nominal massive power under the Meiji Constitution, it is likely that he will have no objection to changing the Constitution to limit his own powers.
Head of State: Emperor Hirihoto
Head of Government: Prime Minister Shigeru Yoshida
Capital City: Tokyo
Population: 86.6 Million, mainly ethnic Japanese with a exiled population of pro-American and remnant pro-Japanese upper class Koreans. These numbers steadily swell as the unified Korean government purges its political and social foes.
Ideology: Liberal Democracy, Progressivism, Pacifism
Religion: State Shinto has recently been dismantled, paving the way for general pluralism. In general, Shinto is the most popular, followed by several Buddhist and native animist traditions.
Military: At this point, the Japanese military is effectively gutted. Following a horrendously expensive war and a crushing final defeat by the Allied powers, Japan's army has been all but entirely dismantled. There are remnants kicking around under Allied control, but in general the island nation is almost entirely defenseless and dependent upon foreign armies - namely that of the Americans - for security and defense. At present, Japan is officially occupied by America, which is responsible for its defence.
Economic Strength: The American bombing campaigns, along with six years of wasted military focus, have left Japan a wreck. Citizens still depend to a certain degree upon black markets and the nation has yet to regain 1938 production levels. However, Japan retains the potential for great progress - it has a strong heavy industrial base, a nascent technology sector, a form knowledge base in terms of biology and medicinr left by Unit 731, and a generally young populace willing to work for relatively low wages. Many prewar tycoons also made out like bandits during the war, making large sums of money off the colonialist policies and sequestering it in their bank accounts. Avoiding trial, they are now able to invest as they see fit and apply their significant expertise in a highly open and malleable business environment.
Infrastructure: After the war's underinvestment and damage, devastated. The government is currently using American money to employ millions of demilitarized soldiers and refugees in a New Deal-style policy to reconstruct the nation at a brutally rapid rate.
Scientific Research and Development: Fairly strong tech sector driven by years of wartime investment and ethically dubious human experimentation. In particular, the biology geniuses of Unit 731 (namely Shiro Ishii) managed to avoid trial and are currently working for Japan again.
Government Structure: Semi-federal democratic nation overseen by American occupation troops on a loose level.
Primary Goals: Reconstruct Japan, acquire further foreign support by any means, liberalize the economy and society, attract refugees from Korea and China, permanently avoid war
History: The Imperial decision to surrender took place after the first atomic bomb, and the ensuing hard-line coup attempt was far more brutal. As a result, Japan is far more divorced from the nationalism and conservatism of the past, and as a whole is far more involved with liberal ideals.
RP Example: This was a recent RMB post. But I'm relatively adept at military RP - which I hope to avoid - and am also pretty solid with character.

Tuvhalia – A Miracle for All

Editorial – Anders Vraus, Continental Banner (unofficial paper of the Tuvhalian People’s Alliance, largest party in the Confederate parliament)

We tried to bring Tuvhalia into a single nation once. I don’t think anyone could forget the ecstatic days when it seemed like we were going to bring a whole continent together under a single banner of peace, progress, and prosperity. We all thought it was going to be a new dawn for the world – the creation of an axis of liberalism, prosperity, and collective strength. Of course, we all know where that went. Telemarcia, lynchpin of the continent, refused entirely to join – and reasonably, given the hostility towards us among the upper echelons. While the government was still being organized, Friday Freshman went on ahead and started an idiotic war with the SCIS. Recheve seceded, citing irreconcilable differences over the fact that we had not yet built any railroads despite the lack of a bureaucratic apparatus to build them and the fact that we were to defend the new nation, something they had no interest in doing. It is my opinion that Recheve has for too long concerned itself solely with narrow national interest, but of course our nation could hardly be guiltless of the same. We all lived through the Imperial years, when nihilistic nationalism and pointless wars to distract us from our own miseries competed for attention with terrorism, sclerotic policy, steadily brewing chaos at the top of the government, a clinically psychotic national leader, and the systematic jettisoning of our social problem – the Individualists – into other people’s countries so that they could deal with it and we could reap the rewards from the chaos. Like it or not, we won Bree and Stadtderflammen that way. We took the haters of Istanistan and put them into other people’s of countries, then gave them guns and made them our puppets. And the citizenry prospered.

Of course, when the peasants marched on the capitol led by the now-absent General Deng – whose whereabouts are still unknown - and someone spectacularly blew up the Castle Seidr along with everyone in it, things changed. We suffered through a military coup by Imperial Guard General Sahin, a rough transition to democracy under his watchful eye under circumstances that some find highly suspicious, a series of small protests that rapidly escalated into a bloody civil war, and the deaths of at least two million troops in Eucadia. Gone was the easy, mindless living of before. Gone were the days when war never touched our shores, but was instead something we merely packed up and sent elsewhere. Gone was a Shangri-la mode of living in which we prospered, with neither responsibility nor reciprocity, upon the backs of others. And even then, that Shangri-la was a lie.

Some may look at the Imperial era and see prosperity and stability for the people, but be reminded that the system we lived in led to an environment in which businessmen stabbed co-workers as social protest, children blew up ministers to find their individuality and then wrote books about it, and the aforementioned bible of murder became the uniting point for a tide of people seeking nothing more than themselves and finding the methodology to madness instead. The Individualist insurrection was necessary. The Individual Revolution in Bree was a good outcome. The UED’s coup in Stadt and the subsequent bloody civil war, along with the mass slaughters and the nihilistic progress towards social martyrdom, was nothing short of heinous. People were kidnapped by the regime for the smallest of offenses. Free speech was freely allowed as a tool for monitoring people so that actual dissidents could be quietly “disappeared” during the night, useful terrorists could be fostered by the regime to make us cleave closer to it, and ideologues invented by the regime could give it popular legitimacy. This was an era where the Prime Minister was, according to his journal, deliberately driving the nation towards a state where people would overthrow the regime. This was a time when Empress Ana Seidr, icon of the state, tortured people for sick kicks and stabbed said Prime Minister to death with a small knife before making a radio address to deceive the populace into thinking they had their freedoms again while really just slapping a pretty mask on the horrific reality of the situation, before taking the highest among the criminal Individualists and putting him charge of the Ministry of Intelligence and further fortifying a state-within-a-state loyal solely to her.

That was no paradise.

Indeed, the last breath of an Istanistan worth living in was a very long time ago. Some say that it died when our nation took up arms to defend Vanparia, therefore providing legitimacy to an autocratic and less democratic, yet progressive system. In the aftermath of that bloodbath and the Candayan War, in which democracy in said nation, supposedly a world benchmark, was seen as some kind of sick joke perpetrated on the people by the ruling classes and Istanistan set up an autocratic puppet regime and backed terrorists and revanchists against its own allies, we lost faith in our own system. Maybe, Istanistanis thought, we can be more like Vanparia. It was a nation of relative wealth that put its criminals in uniform and sent them to Stadt. It had no requirement for citizen responsibility when everything was carried out on the backs of the Stadt people. The people were coddled – given everything by the state, which asked nothing of them in return but their acquiescence. Istanistanis thought that maybe that would be a good system – had they not fought and bled for it?

The last days of a great Istanistan were, then, before the Vanparian war. We were Socialists, but we had a functional democracy. People took from the state, but they had to give their time in return. Every citizen had to contribute freely to the defence of the freedom which all craved so very much. It was a system in which there was responsibility. A system of accountability and real justice, before the corrupt elites and the mad Empires made us all children. That was a time when we were all individuals and could find some way to express that other than social nihilism and slaughter.

It seems incredible now that even a decade ago we were so utterly desperate. Even a few years ago, the Individualist movement operated constantly within ADNOR territory. And now? They have espoused peace.

This is a place in which we have personal responsibility once more. Where every human is an individual and treated as such. Where rights are respected, and where we know our obligations to other humans and ourselves instead of just to the state. This is not a complete Istanistan – there are many gaps left from our bloody and horrific foreign wars. But it is an Istanistan healed at last of its wounds. It is an Istanistan which has achieved the dream of an existence where each individual is directly responsible for their own wealth and can neither steal it from the weak, as the capitalists and imperialists are want to do, nor take the state as a new mother which gives all and takes the essential human soul in return, as the authoritarian socialists seem to want.

This is more than Istanistan, though. This is not only our reality. This is the reality of Stadtderflammen, of Bree, of New Xandris, of Mynora, and – at long last – of Vanparia. Their system collapsed when their exploitative mode of living could continue no longer. So did ours. In this new reality, we have reached a mode of living where liberty of the body, mind, and soul is freely available in a socially healthy form for any who desire it.

This is the New Tuvhalian Miracle. The old Tuvhalia collapsed because it was comprised of states who all tried to live off each other’s backs and were disappointed when they could not do so. Now, in the Tuvhalian People’s Confederacy, every nation is equal. We are a community. We share, trade, and prosper. And can anyone say that this new world we have forged together has failed on a grand level? Istanistan is no less rich than before. Mynora is no less secure. Vanparia has, through the use of worker’s cooperatives and the loosening of state direction, become wealthier on a per-capita level than Recheve once more, quintupling its GDP in a short period of time. Stadtderflammen is once more the world’s greatest breadbasket, prospering under a returned summer brought by the new vapour dam and a new commitment to peace and plenty. Bree is no less free, as it has lost its extremism as its ideologies have been – to a certain extent – vindicated.

We have not united all of Tuvhalia within this Confederacy. We may never be able to do so, eternally haunted by the failure of the first time. But even if we cannot unite it, we can unify it. We can share our prosperity and establish reciprocity. We can establish new friendships, rebuild long-lost kinships, and build Tuvhalia as a continent, and then some day as a nation. The other nations are not ready for a Socialism of personal responsibility and national independence. We are not ready for that on a continental scale.

Nevertheless, we have created a miraculous state. In a short few years, we have discovered a freedom that we will never let go.

To my readers, then, I say this – we are now all equals in a free and unified nation. And let no citizen forget that freedom was never given to you, and it cannot be given to you. Your freedom is there so long as you grasp it and raise it high and let it float in the breeze, blazing as scarlet red as the flag of our unbreakable Confederacy!

Tuvhalia! Equality! Freedom!
Last edited by Greater Istanistan on Mon Jul 27, 2015 6:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
ASK ME ABOUT HARUHIISM

DYNASTIES ARE THEFT/IMPEACH REINHARD/YANG WENLI 2020

"I am not a champion of lost causes, but of causes not yet won." - Norman Thomas

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:36 pm

I've edited my app a bit.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:45 pm

My schooling has served me well,despite its American centrism. I have learned to read and write Spanish, have become good at political philosophy and at writing. Not good at economics yet, but I'm getting better at geopolitics. Especially modern geopolitical analysis.

The Peoples East Africa
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Peoples East Africa » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:48 pm

Sanabel wrote:My schooling has served me well,despite its American centrism. I have learned to read and write Spanish, have become good at political philosophy and at writing. Not good at economics yet, but I'm getting better at geopolitics. Especially modern geopolitical analysis.

Where did you go to school? I don't think my school has ever done any of these things, besides writing of course.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:49 pm

Sanabel wrote:My schooling has served me well,despite its American centrism. I have learned to read and write Spanish, have become good at political philosophy and at writing. Not good at economics yet, but I'm getting better at geopolitics. Especially modern geopolitical analysis.

Where did you go to school? I don't think my school has ever done any of these things, besides writing of course.

Public school in rural Connecticut. Still there.

We are known for good schools. Idk why. They just are here in the Socialist States of New England.

The Peoples East Africa
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Peoples East Africa » Mon Jul 27, 2015 3:52 pm

Sanabel wrote:
The Peoples East Africa wrote:Where did you go to school? I don't think my school has ever done any of these things, besides writing of course.

Public school in rural Connecticut. Still there.

We are known for good schools. Idk why. They just are here in the Socialist States of New England.

Is Spanish the only language you have to learn?

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:01 pm

Sanabel wrote:Public school in rural Connecticut. Still there.

Is Spanish the only language you have to learn?

English is mandatory.

But you can take Spanish or French also, from Kindergarten all the way up. If you wish, in Sophmoee year, you may switch to Russian, Portuguese, German, Italian, Japanese, or Mandarin in special classes.

The Peoples East Africa
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Peoples East Africa » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:02 pm

Sanabel wrote:
The Peoples East Africa wrote:Is Spanish the only language you have to learn?

English is mandatory.

But you can take Spanish or French also, from Kindergarten all the way up. If you wish, in Sophmoee year, you may switch to Russian, Portuguese, German, Italian, Japanese, or Mandarin in special classes.

So do you only ever have to do English, and another language? Or can you keep one of those other ones, as well as Spanish or French?
Also, what's Sophmoee year? Is that like a year where you try weird stuff?

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:05 pm

Sanabel wrote:English is mandatory.

So do you only ever have to do English, and another language? Or can you keep one of those other ones, as well as Spanish or French?

I thought you were American? It is the second year of highschool, 10th grade.

Yes, you do both English and another language at once. I chose Spanish, or rather my parents did, when I was young, never switched. More useful than French, and I got too good towant to change.

Soviet Chernarus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Chernarus » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:06 pm

Sanabel wrote:
The Peoples East Africa wrote:Is Spanish the only language you have to learn?

English is mandatory.

你知不知道我说什么?

The Peoples East Africa
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Peoples East Africa » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:07 pm

Sanabel wrote:
The Peoples East Africa wrote:So do you only ever have to do English, and another language? Or can you keep one of those other ones, as well as Spanish or French?

I thought you were American? It is the second year of highschool, 10th grade.

Yes, you do both English and another language at once. I chose Spanish, or rather my parents did, when I was young, never switched. More useful than French, and I got too good towant to change.

I'm Irish actually.
You seem have it a bit easier than over here. Back in 1st year, around age 13, we had to learn 3 other languages at once.

The Peoples East Africa
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Peoples East Africa » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:08 pm

Soviet Chernarus wrote:

你知不知道我说什么?

Níl is agam.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:09 pm

Soviet Chernarus wrote:

你知不知道我说什么?

Yo no hablo chino. Lo siento, señor.

Soviet Chernarus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Chernarus » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:09 pm

Soviet Chernarus wrote:你知不知道我说什么?

Níl is agam.

Yaacov Agam?

The Martian Hegemony
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Martian Hegemony » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:09 pm

Tag
5.)Total peace, no conflict, total harmony and no real need for military
4.)Heightened security, spying agencies pick up the effort a little
3.)Air and Space forces are prepared to mobilize within 15 minutes
2.)Entire military can deploy within 3 hours of command, some small conflicts may be happening.
1.)War has begun, parts of the military or entire military are actively fighting
0.)War has reached a peak, entire military is mobilized, nuclear warheads and other WMDs have been launched.

Current DEFCON: 4
THIS NATION IS FT/FFT/FanT. IT DOES NOT USE NS STATS.
Political war in Polaria 2: WON
Nomad War: WON
First Separatist War: WON
Second Separatist War: In progress
First Fascist War of Demalia: Withdrawn due to internal affairs

Proud Leader of the COD. TG for info!

The Peoples East Africa
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby The Peoples East Africa » Mon Jul 27, 2015 4:10 pm

Soviet Chernarus wrote:
The Peoples East Africa wrote:Níl is agam.

Yaacov Agam?

Níl. Tá mé ag caint Gaeilge.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse