NATION

PASSWORD

1850 : Alternative Divergence [AH][OOC][CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:44 pm

In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam wrote:
Benuty wrote:Even so the histories alone are going to cause some problems.

You know how much nations and people argue about history?
A LOT.

Just compare mine (the parts filled out), and theirs, and you know this is going to come out as rather odd. This isn't even arguing for the sake of arguing, but rather what the hell am I going to do?
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Second Helghan Empire
Minister

Founded: Jul 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Second Helghan Empire » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:46 pm

Krugmar wrote:Full Nation Name: The United Territories of the Low Countries
Short Nation Name: The Low Countries / The Kingdom of Belgium
Majority/Official Culture : Belgian - (Divided into Flemish and Wallonian)
Territorial Core : Belgium, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Kongo, Guyane (all on map)
Territorial Claim : [[OPTIONAL]] The Netherlands, various African territories (when SfA happens).
Capital City : Brussels
Population : Belgium - 4,548,500, Luxembourg - 1,360,800, Belgian Guyane - 64,300, Belgian Kongo - 189,000, Belgian Madagaskar - 1,778,000

Government Type : Elective Constitutional Monarchy
Government Ideology/Policies : Soft Imperialism, Monarchism, Conservatism
Government Focus : The government is heavily focused upon colonialism and the economy, both of which are intertwined. Foreign policy, largely in terms of wars, is currently not the interest of Belgium as it seeks to stay neutral in most conflicts.
Head of State : Robert de la Marck, King-Elect of the Low Countries, Duke of Brabant, Prince and Protector of Belgium.
Head of Government : Rik Jos Schrijn, Stadtholder of the States-General
Government Description : The King is elected by the upper chamber, known as the Crown Chamber, which is populated by several members of the upper Aristocracy. The King has a wide array of powers but is bound by a constitution and therefore works through the Chamber and the States-General. The States-General is an elected body allowing representation for all regions of the country and is led by the Stadtholder, the leader of the largest party. The States-General can be overruled by the Crown Chamber and vetoed by the King when it comes to legislature, but this rarely happens.

Majority/State Religion : Catholic
Religious Description : Catholicism is the major religion in the Low Countries, with around 25% of the population following the various Protestant denominations.

Economic Ideologies : Capitalist
Major Production: Wool, cloth and artistic items are what the Low Countries have been famous for producing throughout the centuries, but recently industrialisation has expanded the market into metalworking and other forms of production.
Economic Description: The Low Countries have always been strong economically, the geographical location making it a vital trading post in Europe. Friendly Anglo-Belgian relations throughout the years have led to a profitable wool trade for both countries, though this has declined over the years. Recent industrialisation and colonialism have completely changed the Belgian economy which led to some decline early on, but recently it has shown signs of recovery and growth.

Army Strength: The Belgian army is united despite the autonomous structure of the kingdom. It has a fearsome discipline, despite its preference for peace, and has been hired out to other European powers to fight in their wars to prevent an idle decline. Unity between Flemish, Wallonian and Luxembourgian troops remains strong, due to mixing within the regiments of nationalities.
Army Weakness: The Belgian army is relatively small, standing at 70,000 soldiers (1.2% pop). It is accustomed to peace and waging wars mainly overseas for new territories, rather than fighting bloody battles in Europe. Against larger powers like France and the Greater Hansa it will need allies due to a shortage of manpower, unless colonial drafting begins.
Naval Strength: A large fleet, rivaling that of the Netherlands, with experienced naval officers and a lack of corruption and hereditary titles.
Naval Weakness: Smaller and less exalted than the British and French fleets with less funding.
Further Military Description : [[OPTIONAL]]

National Goals : To conquer and assimilate the Netherlands into the union, to protect colonial holdings against aggressors, to form alliances with the major powers.
National Issues : The political system must be fixed to remove the power of the old feudal lords and replace them with a better chamber, perhaps with a hereditary monarchy. A navy too small for its growing colonial empire. Threats from the major powers who might see a weak defenceless country. Division between the Flemish and Wallonians.
National Figures of Interest : N/A
National Ambition/Aspirations : A completely united Low Countries, with large swathes of African and Asian land as colonies. The role of peacemaker in Europe.

History : The Low Countries have been united since the 13th century, though it was only in the 1700s that the political union became a reality. Originally most of the states were part of the Merovingian and Carolingian empires until a de facto independence in the 11th and 12th centuries. These states were:

• The County of Flanders
• The Marquisate of Namur
• The Duchy of Brabant
• The County of Hainaut
• The Duchy of Limburg
• The Principality of Luxembourg
• The Prince-Bishopric of Liège (later County)

The states were completely independent from each other and ruled over by separate feudal lords, most of which retain the same family to this day with the exception of Brabant and Liege. In 1214 French aggression caused many of the states to surrender their independence to the French crown, though Brabant resisted heavily. The Duke of Brabant was executed and his estates confiscated by 1217. The German Princes of the Holy Roman Empire intervened, disliking the French expansion and preferring to keep several buffer states between them. By 1223 French influence in the region had waned considerably, and the von der Mark family placed one of their own on the throne of the Duchy of Brabant.

Erard von der Mark, the first Mark Duke of Brabant, proposed a military and economic union between the Low Countries, including those of the neighbouring Netherlands. Fears of a strong new country emerging from this union led to various interferences from the neighbouring powers. Bribes, threats and marriages prevented the consolidation into a united country. Despite this they were unable to completely demolish the union, though by 1568 the Dutch provinces to the north had left the union and returned to the relative security of the Holy Roman Empire. The southern states endured and began the slow process of consolidating the union.

In 1632, after several invasions by the neighbouring powers had been warded off successfully, the Intercursus Magnus, or Great Treaty, was signed by the feudal lords. The treaty stripped the provinces of their independence and laid out the foundations for the new government, including the election of a king. All of the lords could vote amongst themselves for the king, and so in 1633 the Duke of Brabant, Louis Pierre de la Marck, was crowned the first King-Elect of the Low Countries. Since then every election has yielded the same result, a scion of the Mark family holding the reins of power and as such it is a hereditary monarchy in all but name. His son Auguste Marie instituted the States-General as a semi-democratic parliament, though the elections were rigged and the Stadtholder chosen from a list of candidates and instantly elected.

The revolutions of 1795 swept through the Low Countries, with anti-feudalism and anti-clericalism running high. The ruling monarch, Robert II, managed to handle the situation by removing the undemocratic parts of the States-General and removing the Prince-Bishop of Liege from power, replacing him with a Count from an old but influential family. This quelled the problem, but didn’t completely solve it. In 1812 democratic revolutions rose up again, causing Robert to deploy the army and effectively crush the rebels. This move, coupled with several more democratic reforms and an economic boost gained by several new colonies, was enough to silence democratic talk throughout the nation.

The territories of the Kongo, Madagaskar and Guyane were slowly colonised since the 1700s, though they remained largely unprofitable until the 1800s when the, now democratic, States-General invested far more into them. Since then the navy has been heavily expanded to cope with defending this small empire, and talk of recruiting naval regiments to bolster the Belgian ranks has occurred.

Currently the Kingdom is ruled by Robert IV, with his young son Leopold as his Heir-General and already voted to be his successor. He has pursued a cautious foreign policy with a contradictory expansive colonial policy. His economic policies have been very successful, with growing industrialisation across the entire country, though the Flanders region pulls ahead of the Walloon and Luxembourgian regions in economic weight. He has been criticised for his military policies and lack of military command, but his delegation of these matters to military officials has been commended. Support for the union and the monarchy remains very strong, though calls for the re-admittance of the provinces of the Netherlands into the union have become very loud.

Comparison Points – Political : 3
Comparison Points – Cultural/Religious : 1
Comparison Points – Economy : 4
Comparison Points – Military : 2
Total Comparison Points used (10 Points MAX) : 10/10

Just a few things as I am on my phone, A. I love your app, B. Hansa would most likely be intersted in an alliance, C. Perhaps Hansa could be persuaded to splitting the Netherlands say at the Nederrijn river, and D. Wanna be besties?
Well now, that hibernation has gotten boring, daddy is back again.

In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam
Senator

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:46 pm

Benuty wrote:
In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam wrote:You know how much nations and people argue about history?
A LOT.

Just compare mine (the parts filled out), and theirs, and you know this is going to come out as rather odd. This isn't even arguing for the sake of arguing, but rather what the hell am I going to do?

...Shut up and deal with it?
i dunno....
I mean.... the history reallllly doesnt matter too much....
Current Rps:
Yangire
prolbmeation
R.I.P Dyakovo

Soviet Chernarus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Chernarus » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:48 pm

Benuty wrote:Just compare mine (the parts filled out), and theirs, and you know this is going to come out as rather odd. This isn't even arguing for the sake of arguing, but rather what the hell am I going to do?

...Shut up and deal with it?
i dunno....
I mean.... the history reallllly doesnt matter too much....

Scientam, chill. No need to be like that -.-

Krugmar
Minister

Founded: May 06, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Krugmar » Tue Jul 28, 2015 4:58 pm

Second Helghan Empire wrote:
Krugmar wrote:-snip-

Just a few things as I am on my phone, A. I love your app, B. Hansa would most likely be intersted in an alliance, C. Perhaps Hansa could be persuaded to splitting the Netherlands say at the Nederrijn river, and D. Wanna be besties?

A. Cheers, though I feel the navy could be expanded. Once I get around to it I will add in the numbers etc.
B. Definitely, though a full military alliance (one that allows the Hansa to call Belgium into offensive wars) would require a lot of convincing.
C. A shared Dutch heritage of half of the provinces of the Low Countries and the Netherlands would dampen any ceding of the land. Other benefits instead of land could be given, such as increased trade, military assistance and recognition of Hansa colonial pursuits (plus support in a possible SfA) for assistance in expanding the union into the Netherlands.
D. Sure
Liec made me tell you to consider Kylaris

Second Helghan Empire
Minister

Founded: Jul 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Second Helghan Empire » Tue Jul 28, 2015 5:11 pm

Krugmar wrote:
Second Helghan Empire wrote:

A. Cheers, though I feel the navy could be expanded. Once I get around to it I will add in the numbers etc.
B. Definitely, though a full military alliance (one that allows the Hansa to call Belgium into offensive wars) would require a lot of convincing.
C. A shared Dutch heritage of half of the provinces of the Low Countries and the Netherlands would dampen any ceding of the land. Other benefits instead of land could be given, such as increased trade, military assistance and recognition of Hansa colonial pursuits (plus support in a possible SfA) for assistance in expanding the union into the Netherlands.
D. Sure

Great, as for the alliance that is very understandable, I myself don't plan on any offensives in europe except perhaps in the Netherlands or as retaliation from invasion. and my colonial ambitions lie in south afrika and the horn of africa, and western australia. So perhaps i scratch your back you scratch mine deal is recommendable.
Well now, that hibernation has gotten boring, daddy is back again.

Oscalantine
Minister

Founded: Apr 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:17 pm

Alright... haven't read everyone's... BUT..

1) Applepie, you were my first joiner, dude... T^T So sad to see you go. However... your app... was... just.... I am sorry, but it needed work. I wasn't asking a lot, but I DID need a bit of uniqueness that makes your app into an AH, and not regular brit. I would have seriously helped you, dude... I mean... I respond to EVERYONE's TG... including Sci's billion-TG-a-second. If you have just let me know... I could have shared the burden.

2) That being said... I'm sending TG to new Brit dude and Benuty. I think that this historical mishap is really not a mishap.

3) Russia, Belgium, Britain. Any other apps that I need to know?

MORE IMPORTANT!! - I have been neglecting Guidance apps lately. I am now in the position (with my Guidance done and with Claven's guidance under way) to accept them. I need to create a comprehensive stuff that everyone can be happy with, so I need to send a lot of TG to make this work. Please stick with me as I find them.
So... if you have Guidance but do not know if I know of them... SEND ME A TG!!. I will sort everything out, and no one needs to redo their history. Seriously. It is mainly just IC lore stuff.

Oscalantine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:30 pm

Krugmar wrote:
Full Nation Name: The United Territories of the Low Countries
Short Nation Name: The Low Countries / The Kingdom of Belgium
Majority/Official Culture : Belgian - (Divided into Flemish and Wallonian)
Territorial Core : Belgium, Luxembourg, Madagascar, Kongo, Guyane (all on map)
Territorial Claim : [[OPTIONAL]] The Netherlands, various African territories (when SfA happens).
Capital City : Brussels
Population : Belgium - 4,548,500, Luxembourg - 1,360,800, Belgian Guyane - 64,300, Belgian Kongo - 189,000, Belgian Madagaskar - 1,778,000

Government Type : Elective Constitutional Monarchy
Government Ideology/Policies : Soft Imperialism, Monarchism, Conservatism
Government Focus : The government is heavily focused upon colonialism and the economy, both of which are intertwined. Foreign policy, largely in terms of wars, is currently not the interest of Belgium as it seeks to stay neutral in most conflicts.
Head of State : Robert de la Marck, King-Elect of the Low Countries, Duke of Brabant, Prince and Protector of Belgium.
Head of Government : Rik Jos Schrijn, Stadtholder of the States-General
Government Description : The King is elected by the upper chamber, known as the Crown Chamber, which is populated by several members of the upper Aristocracy. The King has a wide array of powers but is bound by a constitution and therefore works through the Chamber and the States-General. The States-General is an elected body allowing representation for all regions of the country and is led by the Stadtholder, the leader of the largest party. The States-General can be overruled by the Crown Chamber and vetoed by the King when it comes to legislature, but this rarely happens.

Majority/State Religion : Catholic
Religious Description : Catholicism is the major religion in the Low Countries, with around 25% of the population following the various Protestant denominations.

Economic Ideologies : Capitalist
Major Production: Wool, cloth and artistic items are what the Low Countries have been famous for producing throughout the centuries, but recently industrialisation has expanded the market into metalworking and other forms of production.
Economic Description: The Low Countries have always been strong economically, the geographical location making it a vital trading post in Europe. Friendly Anglo-Belgian relations throughout the years have led to a profitable wool trade for both countries, though this has declined over the years. Recent industrialisation and colonialism have completely changed the Belgian economy which led to some decline early on, but recently it has shown signs of recovery and growth.

Army Strength: The Belgian army is united despite the autonomous structure of the kingdom. It has a fearsome discipline, despite its preference for peace, and has been hired out to other European powers to fight in their wars to prevent an idle decline. Unity between Flemish, Wallonian and Luxembourgian troops remains strong, due to mixing within the regiments of nationalities.
Army Weakness: The Belgian army is relatively small, standing at 70,000 soldiers (1.2% pop). It is accustomed to peace and waging wars mainly overseas for new territories, rather than fighting bloody battles in Europe. Against larger powers like France and the Greater Hansa it will need allies due to a shortage of manpower, unless colonial drafting begins.
Naval Strength: A large fleet, rivaling that of the Netherlands, with experienced naval officers and a lack of corruption and hereditary titles.
Naval Weakness: Smaller and less exalted than the British and French fleets with less funding.
Further Military Description : [[OPTIONAL]]

National Goals : To conquer and assimilate the Netherlands into the union, to protect colonial holdings against aggressors, to form alliances with the major powers.
National Issues : The political system must be fixed to remove the power of the old feudal lords and replace them with a better chamber, perhaps with a hereditary monarchy. A navy too small for its growing colonial empire. Threats from the major powers who might see a weak defenceless country. Division between the Flemish and Wallonians.
National Figures of Interest : N/A
National Ambition/Aspirations : A completely united Low Countries, with large swathes of African and Asian land as colonies. The role of peacemaker in Europe.

History : The Low Countries have been united since the 13th century, though it was only in the 1700s that the political union became a reality. Originally most of the states were part of the Merovingian and Carolingian empires until a de facto independence in the 11th and 12th centuries. These states were:

• The County of Flanders
• The Marquisate of Namur
• The Duchy of Brabant
• The County of Hainaut
• The Duchy of Limburg
• The Principality of Luxembourg
• The Prince-Bishopric of Liège (later County)

The states were completely independent from each other and ruled over by separate feudal lords, most of which retain the same family to this day with the exception of Brabant and Liege. In 1214 French aggression caused many of the states to surrender their independence to the French crown, though Brabant resisted heavily. The Duke of Brabant was executed and his estates confiscated by 1217. The German Princes of the Holy Roman Empire intervened, disliking the French expansion and preferring to keep several buffer states between them. By 1223 French influence in the region had waned considerably, and the von der Mark family placed one of their own on the throne of the Duchy of Brabant.

Erard von der Mark, the first Mark Duke of Brabant, proposed a military and economic union between the Low Countries, including those of the neighbouring Netherlands. Fears of a strong new country emerging from this union led to various interferences from the neighbouring powers. Bribes, threats and marriages prevented the consolidation into a united country. Despite this they were unable to completely demolish the union, though by 1568 the Dutch provinces to the north had left the union and returned to the relative security of the Holy Roman Empire. The southern states endured and began the slow process of consolidating the union.

In 1632, after several invasions by the neighbouring powers had been warded off successfully, the Intercursus Magnus, or Great Treaty, was signed by the feudal lords. The treaty stripped the provinces of their independence and laid out the foundations for the new government, including the election of a king. All of the lords could vote amongst themselves for the king, and so in 1633 the Duke of Brabant, Louis Pierre de la Marck, was crowned the first King-Elect of the Low Countries. Since then every election has yielded the same result, a scion of the Mark family holding the reins of power and as such it is a hereditary monarchy in all but name. His son Auguste Marie instituted the States-General as a semi-democratic parliament, though the elections were rigged and the Stadtholder chosen from a list of candidates and instantly elected.

The revolutions of 1795 swept through the Low Countries, with anti-feudalism and anti-clericalism running high. The ruling monarch, Robert II, managed to handle the situation by removing the undemocratic parts of the States-General and removing the Prince-Bishop of Liege from power, replacing him with a Count from an old but influential family. This quelled the problem, but didn’t completely solve it. In 1812 democratic revolutions rose up again, causing Robert to deploy the army and effectively crush the rebels. This move, coupled with several more democratic reforms and an economic boost gained by several new colonies, was enough to silence democratic talk throughout the nation.

The territories of the Kongo, Madagaskar and Guyane were slowly colonised since the 1700s, though they remained largely unprofitable until the 1800s when the, now democratic, States-General invested far more into them. Since then the navy has been heavily expanded to cope with defending this small empire, and talk of recruiting naval regiments to bolster the Belgian ranks has occurred.

Currently the Kingdom is ruled by Robert IV, with his young son Leopold as his Heir-General and already voted to be his successor. He has pursued a cautious foreign policy with a contradictory expansive colonial policy. His economic policies have been very successful, with growing industrialisation across the entire country, though the Flanders region pulls ahead of the Walloon and Luxembourgian regions in economic weight. He has been criticised for his military policies and lack of military command, but his delegation of these matters to military officials has been commended. Support for the union and the monarchy remains very strong, though calls for the re-admittance of the provinces of the Netherlands into the union have become very loud.

Comparison Points – Political : 3
Comparison Points – Cultural/Religious : 1
Comparison Points – Economy : 4
Comparison Points – Military : 2
Total Comparison Points used (10 Points MAX) : 10/10

Awesome app. Thank you so much for being so understanding about fixing reserve territories. Welcome to the RP and... APPROVED

Princess Kenny
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Princess Kenny » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:33 pm

Oscalantine wrote:Alright... haven't read everyone's... BUT..

1) Applepie, you were my first joiner, dude... T^T So sad to see you go. However... your app... was... just.... I am sorry, but it needed work. I wasn't asking a lot, but I DID need a bit of uniqueness that makes your app into an AH, and not regular brit. I would have seriously helped you, dude... I mean... I respond to EVERYONE's TG... including Sci's billion-TG-a-second. If you have just let me know... I could have shared the burden.

2) That being said... I'm sending TG to new Brit dude and Benuty. I think that this historical mishap is really not a mishap.

3) Russia, Belgium, Britain. Any other apps that I need to know?

MORE IMPORTANT!! - I have been neglecting Guidance apps lately. I am now in the position (with my Guidance done and with Claven's guidance under way) to accept them. I need to create a comprehensive stuff that everyone can be happy with, so I need to send a lot of TG to make this work. Please stick with me as I find them.
So... if you have Guidance but do not know if I know of them... SEND ME A TG!!. I will sort everything out, and no one needs to redo their history. Seriously. It is mainly just IC lore stuff.

So I'm accepted then? :)
★ Roleplays★

Oscalantine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:35 pm

Princess Kenny wrote:
Full Nation Name : Russian Kingdom
Majority/Official Culture : [[What your people identify themselves with… French, Chinese, Iroquois, Touareg, etc.]] Russian
Territorial Core : I know it's outdated, pls forgib. Dark Green: Russia] | Green: Vassal States (Including Siberia as part of Russia, now that I look at Golden Khanate's history)
Territorial Claim : [[OPTIONAL]] Russia (duh), All vassal states, Balctic States, Finland.
Capital City :Moscow
Population : 50 million (I guess?)

Government Type : Absolute Monarchy
Government Ideology/Policies : Very expansionist and fairly militaristic.
Government Focus : The economy and industry remains the top priority as Russia is now capable of sustaining a industry, only a few factories have been constructed, and those which have are very basic and provide poor goods. And with the expansion into Siberia, Russia is a vast land, so infrastructure is highly prioritized. Although Russia received a huge blow after the defeat in the Great Northern War, the defeat of Napoleon allowed Russian security and proved the military to effective. And to obtain claimed territories and defend Russia against other regional powers such as Germany (Hansa or whatever, I know) and Scandinavia, the military remains one of the top spenders in order to modernize and adapt to the new world. Religion's power in the Russian government is slowly decaying, yet remains a high focus in major cities.
Head of State : Ivan Barbibsky
Head of Government : Ivan Barbibsky
Government Description : The Russian Tsar (the monarch) has absolute rule over the nation and VETO power. The Tsar can dismiss and appoint governors for regions and cities, the governors each year elect a new Councillors reporting for each city, which can by approved or dismissed by the Tsar at will. Laws are passed through the system, yet the Tsar's VETO can be rendered void if enough votes from the governors and citizens. The Tsar can take full control of the military and is the first and final voice when appointing new laws, actions, and warfare. The struggle for power within the system can lead to coup d'etats in some cases, although secret services can easily destroy the threat, and reforms are bound to improve the system. The Tsar is also unofficially mentioned as "Emperor" to more associate Russia with the West.

Majority/State Religion : [[OPTIONAL]] Russian Orthodox (Christianity)
Religious Description : [[OPTIONAL]] The Orthodox church gained less and less power over the time once the Mongols ruled, although once the Mongols were expelled, the church regained authority as state religion and began to forcefully expel any Mongol missionaries or religious leaders, however, with Russia steadily modernizing in form, the Church is loosing most of their power overtime.

Economic Ideologies : Mostly capitalist and mercantilism, with state-run systems such as water, the military, and healthcare. (Of course healthcare didn't exist in modern form, but it wasn't allowed to be operated privately unless granted approval.)
Major Production : Wheat, Bread and other agricultural products. Furs, and minerals, and fish. Industrialized goods are minor, but are steadily growing as Russia becomes more industrial.
Economic Description : The economy is backwards and outdated and remains mostly powered by human labor, but the introduction of animals into the society (mentioned in the history) allowed for rapid growth, the economy is industrialized slowly, and is attempting to obtain new men capable of boosting Russian industry in exchange for land. Serfdom was also abolished in 1841.

Army Strength : (I won't go into exact numbers but) The Russian Army is huge, and has lots of reserves of manpower to back it up. And with Russia having a vast landscape, expanding deep into Russia can stretch enemy forces thin, allowing for a counter-attack, especially in the winter. The Russian army is also capable of sustaining artillery.
Army Weakness : While it achieved more modern elements, the Russian army is still outdated and poorly equipped and trained, and only a handful of leaders are well trained and experienced.
Naval Strength : The Russian navy is surprisingly large for a nation that doesn't require a one, and the ships are very durable. This is to secure waters important for trade, and is decently trained.
Naval Weakness : The Russian navy is often overlooked and outdated, it's also rarely used and has little men actually capable of serving in the navy.
Further Military Description : The Russian military continues to be a very strong and often underestimated power. With around 300,000 troops (Because you know, Britain alone has 750,000, lel.) And far more in reserves, it's easily capable of outnumbering and crushing enemy forces once they have stretched thin through the Russian buffer zones. However, it's outdated status makes the Russian army weaker in wars which do not involve the entire nation at risk, and it often takes huge causalities.

National Goals : Obtain Finland and annex vassal states, further industrialize and develop the nation, attempt to lower poverty and secure Russian strength and interests. Continue 'Russiaification'
National Issues : To fix economic issues and modernize Russia's system economically and politically.
National Figures of Interest : There probably would be, espically in the military and some in the economy and the government perhaps, but I'm terrible at names. :p
National Ambition/Aspirations : [[OPTIONAL]] Expand the frontier, grow Russia's size and influence.

History : [[Can be in paragraph or bulletpoint timeline.]]
(All events take place after the collapse of the actual Mongol empire)
(1300-1400) Mongol rulers continue to maintain their rule over Russia and over the Russian princes and city states, with the Mongol's infulence over Russia declining, several princes challenge the rule.
(1380) The battle of Kulikovo is a failure, although it causes an outrage across the Russian population, protesting against the Mongol overlords.
(1400-1450) A "divide and conquer" tactic is implemented, although the Mongols loose power in the process, a wedge is nudged across Russia, creating different sub-ethnicities regions to divide Russia and make it easier to rule over. The plan is a huge success after the assassination of several Russian rulers and princes.
(1450) Ivan III launches several programs against the now divided Russia against the Mongols, and inflicting heavy losses against the Mongols.
(1460) Moscow continues to rise and gains more autonomy as local princes obtain more power.
(1463) After the fall of several Mongol-controlled lands, Moscow is sacked and is confiscated. Ivan the III flees in exile to Constantinople.
(1480) The divide and conquer tactic continues with great success in areas far north and far south of Moscow, yet the local princes begin to experience tariffs after Mongol rulers receive a shortage of their wealth. Religious policies are also implemented, this makes Orthodox decay in power.
(1486) Ivan the III returns and defeats the Mongols at Dubna, this backfires however as local princes of the local regions hold on to their wealth.
(1500) The majority of Mongol rulers withdraw, yet Russia's princes refuse to co-operate with Moscow and form their own city states, becoming massive trade city states in Eastern Europe.
(1520) Sub-ethnic lines are fully implemented as many Russian royal families take place, the rise of Moscow leaves for many struggles over the throne as Moscow becomes the dominant power over the city states.
(1530) A Muscovite invasion occurs across the Russian frontier, forming the "Kingdom of Muscovy", however after confiscating Mongol lands left over, a civil war occurs, fracturing and collapsing the new nation. This further divides Russia, and allows for a gateway for Mongols to re-take power for 2 years before being overthrown.
(1540) Heavy tensions emerged between local Russian royal families, the 'Dyansty' (just call it that for now) Tula achieves most power over the Russian city states.
(1560) Russia continues to fracture as Muscovite armies enter into Novgorod, integrating the kingdom and annexing several city states. This leads once again to a stronger Moscow.
(1570) Muscovy shrinks after several wars with local city states and ethnic tensions.
(1570-1610) During this time however, Russia manages to modernize in system, adopting new forms of warfare and economics, aswell as new technologies. This leads to a golden age.
(1610-1650) Under the Muscovite monarch Alexander, the grand conquest across Russia begins to tear down sub-ethnic lines, and remaining Mongol authority is dissolved as Orthodox becomes the state religion.
(1660) Russia is eventually confederated, yet the new governmental system collapses after 5 months. The Russian Tsar is adopted.
(1663-1670) Internal conflicts occur for disputes over the throne, the "War of the Birds", eventually results the monarchs of Moscow to be in power.
(1675) The war between the Mongols begin.
(1680) Russia finally begins to exist as a single entity as it expands into Siberia, and defeats the Mongols in battle, this greatly rises Russian prestige and identity. Local princes are officially disbanded and abdicated. This marks the beginning of a unified Russia.
(1685) Russia begins to expand east, with wars against the Polish-Lithuanian commonwealth, the eastern expansion of Russia begins.
(1690) Mass reformations in the Russian economy allow for easier workforce after a Russian merchant introduces animal labor to the large scale.
(1700-1721) The Russian military had little mass conflict aside from the wars with the Mongols, after failing to capture Finland and defeated by Swedish armies, yet still proving success against the Polish forces.
(1721) Russia accepts defeat, which negitvealy impacts Russian prestige and causes heavy unrest among civilians.
(1725) A new governmental system and new royal family is adopted after the current monarch is overthrown in a massive revolt, and the defeated-Russian military is crushed.
(1730) Russian forces begin to be rebuilt, and Russia recovers as it expands into Central Asia and the economy improves, and military technology.
(1740) Russian expansion into Ukraine and Belarus occurs, yet local Ukrainian rulers reject their new overlords, but are eventually taken down in 1750.
(1740-1800) After a long period of expansion and reformation, and some wars and skirmishes to the east, industrialization begins to occur slowly, yet is a hotspot of interest.
(1802) Russian "Kingdom" is adopted.
(1814) Napoleon is defeated and pushed out of Moscow, marking a huge victory for Russia and restoring the nationalistic pride lost during the loss against Sweden.
(1816) Expansion into the Caucasus occurs, Russiaification is ineffective within the region, secret authorities crush rebellions.
(1820) After the partitions of Poland and the defeat of Napoleon, the Russian empire struggles to maintain strong influence over newly conquered areas. As such, autonomous vassal states across the nation are formed with the "Treaty of Omsk". While integrating the people overtime politically and ethnically, known as "Russiaification"
(1830) Polish rebellion is defeated, Central Asian vassal states are formed after several guerrilla wars in the region, obtaining great autonomy.
(1845) Russia finally begins to starts to maintain their influence over vassal states, leading the train to integration.
(1846) Discovery of Alaska.
(1850) Present day. Industralization is still going steadily, the Russian army has evolved over time, and so has the nation.

Comparison Points – Political : 3 [[How much national focus is gone into administrating the government, i.e. espionage, royal marriages, counter-intelligence, etc.]]
Comparison Points – Cultural/Religious : 1 [[How much national focus is gone into religious and or cultural aspects, i.e. asking for excommunication, call for crusade, soviet revolution in other nations, etc.]]
Comparison Points – Economy : 3 [[How much national focus is gone into economic matters, i.e. embargo/blockade efficiency, lasting through war of attrition, simply feeding your people better, etc.]]
Comparison Points – Military : 3 [[How much national focus is gone into military, i.e. discipline, morale, better tacticians/generals, etc.]]
Total Comparison Points used (10 Points MAX) : 10 /10

ACCEPTED... or was it APPROVED? Why am I having such a ridiculous problems with this now, of all times?

Anyhow, brilliant app, just a few questions:
1) is that the color you want for the map, or is it just for my benefit, and you want to get a different color?
2) your vassals... could you tell me exact name and where they are?

Oscalantine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:35 pm

Princess Kenny wrote:So I'm accepted then? :)

Well... now you are ^^

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:38 pm

Current Rps:
Yangire
prolbmeation
R.I.P Dyakovo

Soviet Chernarus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Chernarus » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:38 pm

In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam wrote:http://imgur.com/x0WGP60

yeah. Dunno what's that about, lel XD

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:40 pm

Soviet Chernarus wrote:
In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam wrote:http://imgur.com/x0WGP60

yeah. Dunno what's that about, lel XD

NS really needs to get a like button...
Current Rps:
Yangire
prolbmeation
R.I.P Dyakovo

Oscalantine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:41 pm

Cymrea wrote:
Full Nation Name: United Kingdom of Cambria (Cambrian Empire)
Majority/Official Culture: Welsh, English
Territorial Core: England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Channel Islands, Orkey Islands, Shetlands
Territorial Claim: Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Jamaica, Gibraltar, Falklands
Capital City: London (Londinium)
Population: 200 million (Populstat 1851)

Government Type: Monarchy
Government Ideology/Policies: Imperialist
Government Focus: Military, economy/industry, science
Head of State: Queen Victoria o Rosa Regina (Alexandrina Tudoria Victoria)
Head of Government: Queen Victoria o Rosa Regina
Government Description: The monarch is advised by the legislature: the Circle of Archons and Circle of Praetors comprise parliament. The Royal Senate is the cabinet of specialised advisors in particular ministries.

Majority/State Religion: Druidism
Religious Description: Pagan worship of the world at large, with particular veneration of the Sacred Trees. Cambrian Druidism is ministered by the Circle of Druids.

Economic Ideologies: Mercantilism, leaning to capitalism
Major Production: Industrial equipment
Economic Description: Leading the world in financial services, resource extraction, and global trade, Cambria maintains a powerhouse economy that is increasingly enriched by industrial manufacturing.

Army Strength: 750,000 troops. Disciplined, well-equipped, and well-trained.
Army Weakness: World-spanning empire to cover.
Naval Strength: Largest navy in the world, well-trained and disciplined.
Naval Weakness: World-spanning empire to cover.

National Goals: Maintain the empire
National Issues: Tolerance of modern paganism
National Figures of Interest: High Druid Owainn
National Ambition/Aspirations: Imerial expansion and global prosperity

History: As the northern tribes assaulted and settled a Britannia recently bereft of Roman garrisons, they found a stable and comfortable quality of life and so Roman influence never faded, but instead flourished in its own way.

In the 15th Century, the popularity of Maria Tudoria Elizabeth I was extremely high, but her Privy Council, her Parliament and her subjects thought that the unmarried queen should take a husband; it was generally accepted that, once a queen regnant was married, the husband would relieve the woman of the burdens of head of state. Also, without an heir, the Tudor dynasty would end; the risk of civil war between rival claimants was a possibility if Elizabeth died childless. The first and most ardent suitor was Mary I’s widower Philip II of Spain. However, numerous other suitors from nearly all European nations sent ambassadors to the English court to put forward their suit.

Risk of death came dangerously close in 1564 when Elizabeth caught smallpox, and British destiny forever changed. It is said that in her fever, she experienced a holy visitation from a source no one would ever have suspected, given her moderate yet adamant Protestant views. Elizabeth claimed that Danu, mother goddess to the Tuatha de Danaan – the forerunners of modern Celts – came to her in her hour of greatest peril and told her that the elder gods had returned from their long celestial journey to reclaim the hearts and spirits of their Briton children. Elizabeth quickly recovered and proclaimed the vision a miracle.

The Second War of the Roses followed, with House York rising up with the support of all Christians of the realm, many of them Lancastrian. But a return to the original gods and a renewal of ties to the land was popular among the laymen and more nobles than might have been thought joined the Tudor cause. The Church of England reacted virulently, supporting the Yorkists and declaring Elizabeth and her revived Druidism anathema. In response, Elizabeth decreed the Church to be valid, but no longer the faith of the Crown and State. Popular revolts against the clergy resulted in the Church’s presence being reduced to Yorkist fortifications. In the end, the overwhelming popularity of Druidism resulted in the expunging of the Church of England.

The initial reaction from Rome was one of support for Elizabeth, seen as a scourge against the Protestants. The Vatican believed that Catholicism could be reinvigourated in Britain. Too late, the Pope realised that the movement was strong enough to hold permanent sway over the nostalgic Britons. Having supported the movement at its inception, the Pope could not exactly call for a Crusade – especially given that Rome was greatly occupied with the Holy Land, and that Britain held nothing of geographical or theological importance for Catholicism. Indeed, the pagan artifact Stonehenge became a leading symbol for the Druid revival, something the Vatican wanted no part of. As a result of the successful Druid Movement, Elizabeth conformed readily to the idea that marriage and birth-giving were natural cycles of the gods-given Earth. She married Edwardius Robert Dudley, 1st Earl of Leicester, in 1565. After much anticipation and anxiety, Elizabeth finally gave birth to Augustus Tudorius Taliesin I in 1575; Prince Taliesin succeeded his mother to the throne in 1603.

The nation’s identity as a Welsh state of Roman influence was solidified when, in 1599, Prince Taliesin suggested the name Cambria, a Roman version of Cymru, the Welsh name for Wales. The name was officially adopted November 3, 1601, and was declared the national holiday by Queen Elizabeth. Later, the name of the family line would be changed to Rosa, to reflect the Tudor rose. This incited a sweeping change of name for all noble Houses of Cambria, who would not be left out. Native flora and fauna became symbols - and names - for the oldest Houses. After a similar popular Druidic Movement, Ireland joined the United Kingdom of Cambria. Today, Cambria spans the world and is often informally referred to as the Cambrian Empire.

Comparison Points – Political: 2
Comparison Points – Cultural/Religious: 2
Comparison Points – Economy: 3
Comparison Points – Military: 3
Total Comparison Points used (10 Points MAX): 10/10

Question mark because I have a few things that I need to sort out with American Commonwealth, who has been working with Applepie to get their lore straight.

Regardless, everything else checked out. Great app. ACCEPTED... but pending approval from Benuty since his app will be severely affected.

Fyi DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING UNTIL I SAY OTHERWISE... or rather, unless you REALLY want to. I am not going to make you overwork over some paradox that everyone's app has. Yours is just bigger, but that doesn't mean that we can all agree on a middle ground without scrapping your app for random reasons.

Anyhow... here's a proposition: I'll let you keep the old British territories in Canada and Australia, since that is your territory. It shouldn't matter since I am taking from you more than adding on from original British claims. You are on your own for other colonies... unless you want a random coast in Africa. I believe Gold Coast app was removed, you can always have few lands there for colonial junk.
Last edited by Oscalantine on Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oscalantine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:45 pm

Soviet Chernarus wrote:yeah. Dunno what's that about, lel XD

NS really needs to get a like button...

I was hoping that no one realizes this XDDD

Let me straighten this out: Mandi, in his infinite wisdom, thought that your claim was ENTIRE MODERN CHINA... when I really meant to only give you up to where Ming Dynasty was. So I corrected it... but in my laziness, did not uncolor that reserve.

So... we have technically a half-claim of a forgotten era when Sci could have gotten away with entire China with Mandi's help... but alas, I was the one labeling stuff, so I caught Sci's work red-handed and fixed it XDDDDD

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Jul 28, 2015 6:56 pm

Oscalantine wrote:
Cymrea wrote:
Full Nation Name: United Kingdom of Cambria (Cambrian Empire)
Majority/Official Culture: Welsh, English
Territorial Core: England, Wales, Scotland, Ireland, Isle of Man, Channel Islands, Orkey Islands, Shetlands
Territorial Claim: Canada, Australia, New Zealand, Jamaica, Gibraltar, Falklands
Capital City: London (Londinium)
Population: 200 million (Populstat 1851)

Government Type: Monarchy
Government Ideology/Policies: Imperialist
Government Focus: Military, economy/industry, science
Head of State: Queen Victoria o Rosa Regina (Alexandrina Tudoria Victoria)
Head of Government: Queen Victoria o Rosa Regina
Government Description: The monarch is advised by the legislature: the Circle of Archons and Circle of Praetors comprise parliament. The Royal Senate is the cabinet of specialised advisors in particular ministries.

Majority/State Religion: Druidism
Religious Description: Pagan worship of the world at large, with particular veneration of the Sacred Trees. Cambrian Druidism is ministered by the Circle of Druids.

Economic Ideologies: Mercantilism, leaning to capitalism
Major Production: Industrial equipment
Economic Description: Leading the world in financial services, resource extraction, and global trade, Cambria maintains a powerhouse economy that is increasingly enriched by industrial manufacturing.

Army Strength: 750,000 troops. Disciplined, well-equipped, and well-trained.
Army Weakness: World-spanning empire to cover.
Naval Strength: Largest navy in the world, well-trained and disciplined.
Naval Weakness: World-spanning empire to cover.

National Goals: Maintain the empire
National Issues: Tolerance of modern paganism
National Figures of Interest: High Druid Owainn
National Ambition/Aspirations: Imerial expansion and global prosperity

History: As the northern tribes assaulted and settled a Britannia recently bereft of Roman garrisons, they found a stable and comfortable quality of life and so Roman influence never faded, but instead flourished in its own way.

In the 15th Century, the popularity of Maria Tudoria Elizabeth I was extremely high, but her Privy Council, her Parliament and her subjects thought that the unmarried queen should take a husband; it was generally accepted that, once a queen regnant was married, the husband would relieve the woman of the burdens of head of state. Also, without an heir, the Tudor dynasty would end; the risk of civil war between rival claimants was a possibility if Elizabeth died childless. The first and most ardent suitor was Mary I’s widower Philip II of Spain. However, numerous other suitors from nearly all European nations sent ambassadors to the English court to put forward their suit.

Risk of death came dangerously close in 1564 when Elizabeth caught smallpox, and British destiny forever changed. It is said that in her fever, she experienced a holy visitation from a source no one would ever have suspected, given her moderate yet adamant Protestant views. Elizabeth claimed that Danu, mother goddess to the Tuatha de Danaan – the forerunners of modern Celts – came to her in her hour of greatest peril and told her that the elder gods had returned from their long celestial journey to reclaim the hearts and spirits of their Briton children. Elizabeth quickly recovered and proclaimed the vision a miracle.

The Second War of the Roses followed, with House York rising up with the support of all Christians of the realm, many of them Lancastrian. But a return to the original gods and a renewal of ties to the land was popular among the laymen and more nobles than might have been thought joined the Tudor cause. The Church of England reacted virulently, supporting the Yorkists and declaring Elizabeth and her revived Druidism anathema. In response, Elizabeth decreed the Church to be valid, but no longer the faith of the Crown and State. Popular revolts against the clergy resulted in the Church’s presence being reduced to Yorkist fortifications. In the end, the overwhelming popularity of Druidism resulted in the expunging of the Church of England.

The initial reaction from Rome was one of support for Elizabeth, seen as a scourge against the Protestants. The Vatican believed that Catholicism could be reinvigourated in Britain. Too late, the Pope realised that the movement was strong enough to hold permanent sway over the nostalgic Britons. Having supported the movement at its inception, the Pope could not exactly call for a Crusade – especially given that Rome was greatly occupied with the Holy Land, and that Britain held nothing of geographical or theological importance for Catholicism. Indeed, the pagan artifact Stonehenge became a leading symbol for the Druid revival, something the Vatican wanted no part of. As a result of the successful Druid Movement, Elizabeth conformed readily to the idea that marriage and birth-giving were natural cycles of the gods-given Earth. She married Edwardius Robert Dudley, 1st Earl of Leicester, in 1565. After much anticipation and anxiety, Elizabeth finally gave birth to Augustus Tudorius Taliesin I in 1575; Prince Taliesin succeeded his mother to the throne in 1603.

The nation’s identity as a Welsh state of Roman influence was solidified when, in 1599, Prince Taliesin suggested the name Cambria, a Roman version of Cymru, the Welsh name for Wales. The name was officially adopted November 3, 1601, and was declared the national holiday by Queen Elizabeth. Later, the name of the family line would be changed to Rosa, to reflect the Tudor rose. This incited a sweeping change of name for all noble Houses of Cambria, who would not be left out. Native flora and fauna became symbols - and names - for the oldest Houses. After a similar popular Druidic Movement, Ireland joined the United Kingdom of Cambria. Today, Cambria spans the world and is often informally referred to as the Cambrian Empire.

Comparison Points – Political: 2
Comparison Points – Cultural/Religious: 2
Comparison Points – Economy: 3
Comparison Points – Military: 3
Total Comparison Points used (10 Points MAX): 10/10

Question mark because I have a few things that I need to sort out with American Commonwealth, who has been working with Applepie to get their lore straight.

Regardless, everything else checked out. Great app. ACCEPTED... but pending approval from Benuty since his app will be severely affected.

Fyi DO NOT CHANGE ANYTHING UNTIL I SAY OTHERWISE... or rather, unless you REALLY want to. I am not going to make you overwork over some paradox that everyone's app has. Yours is just bigger, but that doesn't mean that we can all agree on a middle ground without scrapping your app for random reasons.

Anyhow... here's a proposition: I'll let you keep the old British territories in Canada and Australia, since that is your territory. It shouldn't matter since I am taking from you more than adding on from original British claims. You are on your own for other colonies... unless you want a random coast in Africa. I believe Gold Coast app was removed, you can always have few lands there for colonial junk.

Wait by Canada do you mean all of it?

I kind of hope not because that would mean part of my core is gone.
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Oscalantine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:08 pm

Benuty wrote:
Oscalantine wrote:

Wait by Canada do you mean all of it?

Tha fudge you talking about, yo? I meant the Canada that Brit already had claims over

And answer my TG plz! T^T I wanna help~!!

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:09 pm

Oscalantine wrote:
Benuty wrote:Wait by Canada do you mean all of it?

Tha fudge you talking about, yo? I meant the Canada that Brit already had claims over

You could have inserted that in your response then :P.

Oscalantine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:14 pm

Benuty wrote:
Oscalantine wrote:

You could have inserted that in your response then :P.

Let me get this perfectly straight, dude...
I vow in the name of the Holy Emprah, I shall NOT take your reserve under ANY circumstances.

Think you have complex over this XDDD. Your claim is safe. I assure you. It is greyed out and everything!

Princess Kenny
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Princess Kenny » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:27 pm

Oscalantine wrote:
Princess Kenny wrote:
Full Nation Name : Russian Kingdom
Majority/Official Culture : [[What your people identify themselves with… French, Chinese, Iroquois, Touareg, etc.]] Russian
Territorial Core : I know it's outdated, pls forgib. Dark Green: Russia] | Green: Vassal States (Including Siberia as part of Russia, now that I look at Golden Khanate's history)
Territorial Claim : [[OPTIONAL]] Russia (duh), All vassal states, Balctic States, Finland.
Capital City :Moscow
Population : 50 million (I guess?)

Government Type : Absolute Monarchy
Government Ideology/Policies : Very expansionist and fairly militaristic.
Government Focus : The economy and industry remains the top priority as Russia is now capable of sustaining a industry, only a few factories have been constructed, and those which have are very basic and provide poor goods. And with the expansion into Siberia, Russia is a vast land, so infrastructure is highly prioritized. Although Russia received a huge blow after the defeat in the Great Northern War, the defeat of Napoleon allowed Russian security and proved the military to effective. And to obtain claimed territories and defend Russia against other regional powers such as Germany (Hansa or whatever, I know) and Scandinavia, the military remains one of the top spenders in order to modernize and adapt to the new world. Religion's power in the Russian government is slowly decaying, yet remains a high focus in major cities.
Head of State : Ivan Barbibsky
Head of Government : Ivan Barbibsky
Government Description : The Russian Tsar (the monarch) has absolute rule over the nation and VETO power. The Tsar can dismiss and appoint governors for regions and cities, the governors each year elect a new Councillors reporting for each city, which can by approved or dismissed by the Tsar at will. Laws are passed through the system, yet the Tsar's VETO can be rendered void if enough votes from the governors and citizens. The Tsar can take full control of the military and is the first and final voice when appointing new laws, actions, and warfare. The struggle for power within the system can lead to coup d'etats in some cases, although secret services can easily destroy the threat, and reforms are bound to improve the system. The Tsar is also unofficially mentioned as "Emperor" to more associate Russia with the West.

Majority/State Religion : [[OPTIONAL]] Russian Orthodox (Christianity)
Religious Description : [[OPTIONAL]] The Orthodox church gained less and less power over the time once the Mongols ruled, although once the Mongols were expelled, the church regained authority as state religion and began to forcefully expel any Mongol missionaries or religious leaders, however, with Russia steadily modernizing in form, the Church is loosing most of their power overtime.

Economic Ideologies : Mostly capitalist and mercantilism, with state-run systems such as water, the military, and healthcare. (Of course healthcare didn't exist in modern form, but it wasn't allowed to be operated privately unless granted approval.)
Major Production : Wheat, Bread and other agricultural products. Furs, and minerals, and fish. Industrialized goods are minor, but are steadily growing as Russia becomes more industrial.
Economic Description : The economy is backwards and outdated and remains mostly powered by human labor, but the introduction of animals into the society (mentioned in the history) allowed for rapid growth, the economy is industrialized slowly, and is attempting to obtain new men capable of boosting Russian industry in exchange for land. Serfdom was also abolished in 1841.

Army Strength : (I won't go into exact numbers but) The Russian Army is huge, and has lots of reserves of manpower to back it up. And with Russia having a vast landscape, expanding deep into Russia can stretch enemy forces thin, allowing for a counter-attack, especially in the winter. The Russian army is also capable of sustaining artillery.
Army Weakness : While it achieved more modern elements, the Russian army is still outdated and poorly equipped and trained, and only a handful of leaders are well trained and experienced.
Naval Strength : The Russian navy is surprisingly large for a nation that doesn't require a one, and the ships are very durable. This is to secure waters important for trade, and is decently trained.
Naval Weakness : The Russian navy is often overlooked and outdated, it's also rarely used and has little men actually capable of serving in the navy.
Further Military Description : The Russian military continues to be a very strong and often underestimated power. With around 300,000 troops (Because you know, Britain alone has 750,000, lel.) And far more in reserves, it's easily capable of outnumbering and crushing enemy forces once they have stretched thin through the Russian buffer zones. However, it's outdated status makes the Russian army weaker in wars which do not involve the entire nation at risk, and it often takes huge causalities.

National Goals : Obtain Finland and annex vassal states, further industrialize and develop the nation, attempt to lower poverty and secure Russian strength and interests. Continue 'Russiaification'
National Issues : To fix economic issues and modernize Russia's system economically and politically.
National Figures of Interest : There probably would be, espically in the military and some in the economy and the government perhaps, but I'm terrible at names. :p
National Ambition/Aspirations : [[OPTIONAL]] Expand the frontier, grow Russia's size and influence.

History : [[Can be in paragraph or bulletpoint timeline.]]
(All events take place after the collapse of the actual Mongol empire)
(1300-1400) Mongol rulers continue to maintain their rule over Russia and over the Russian princes and city states, with the Mongol's infulence over Russia declining, several princes challenge the rule.
(1380) The battle of Kulikovo is a failure, although it causes an outrage across the Russian population, protesting against the Mongol overlords.
(1400-1450) A "divide and conquer" tactic is implemented, although the Mongols loose power in the process, a wedge is nudged across Russia, creating different sub-ethnicities regions to divide Russia and make it easier to rule over. The plan is a huge success after the assassination of several Russian rulers and princes.
(1450) Ivan III launches several programs against the now divided Russia against the Mongols, and inflicting heavy losses against the Mongols.
(1460) Moscow continues to rise and gains more autonomy as local princes obtain more power.
(1463) After the fall of several Mongol-controlled lands, Moscow is sacked and is confiscated. Ivan the III flees in exile to Constantinople.
(1480) The divide and conquer tactic continues with great success in areas far north and far south of Moscow, yet the local princes begin to experience tariffs after Mongol rulers receive a shortage of their wealth. Religious policies are also implemented, this makes Orthodox decay in power.
(1486) Ivan the III returns and defeats the Mongols at Dubna, this backfires however as local princes of the local regions hold on to their wealth.
(1500) The majority of Mongol rulers withdraw, yet Russia's princes refuse to co-operate with Moscow and form their own city states, becoming massive trade city states in Eastern Europe.
(1520) Sub-ethnic lines are fully implemented as many Russian royal families take place, the rise of Moscow leaves for many struggles over the throne as Moscow becomes the dominant power over the city states.
(1530) A Muscovite invasion occurs across the Russian frontier, forming the "Kingdom of Muscovy", however after confiscating Mongol lands left over, a civil war occurs, fracturing and collapsing the new nation. This further divides Russia, and allows for a gateway for Mongols to re-take power for 2 years before being overthrown.
(1540) Heavy tensions emerged between local Russian royal families, the 'Dyansty' (just call it that for now) Tula achieves most power over the Russian city states.
(1560) Russia continues to fracture as Muscovite armies enter into Novgorod, integrating the kingdom and annexing several city states. This leads once again to a stronger Moscow.
(1570) Muscovy shrinks after several wars with local city states and ethnic tensions.
(1570-1610) During this time however, Russia manages to modernize in system, adopting new forms of warfare and economics, aswell as new technologies. This leads to a golden age.
(1610-1650) Under the Muscovite monarch Alexander, the grand conquest across Russia begins to tear down sub-ethnic lines, and remaining Mongol authority is dissolved as Orthodox becomes the state religion.
(1660) Russia is eventually confederated, yet the new governmental system collapses after 5 months. The Russian Tsar is adopted.
(1663-1670) Internal conflicts occur for disputes over the throne, the "War of the Birds", eventually results the monarchs of Moscow to be in power.
(1675) The war between the Mongols begin.
(1680) Russia finally begins to exist as a single entity as it expands into Siberia, and defeats the Mongols in battle, this greatly rises Russian prestige and identity. Local princes are officially disbanded and abdicated. This marks the beginning of a unified Russia.
(1685) Russia begins to expand east, with wars against the Polish-Lithuanian commonwealth, the eastern expansion of Russia begins.
(1690) Mass reformations in the Russian economy allow for easier workforce after a Russian merchant introduces animal labor to the large scale.
(1700-1721) The Russian military had little mass conflict aside from the wars with the Mongols, after failing to capture Finland and defeated by Swedish armies, yet still proving success against the Polish forces.
(1721) Russia accepts defeat, which negitvealy impacts Russian prestige and causes heavy unrest among civilians.
(1725) A new governmental system and new royal family is adopted after the current monarch is overthrown in a massive revolt, and the defeated-Russian military is crushed.
(1730) Russian forces begin to be rebuilt, and Russia recovers as it expands into Central Asia and the economy improves, and military technology.
(1740) Russian expansion into Ukraine and Belarus occurs, yet local Ukrainian rulers reject their new overlords, but are eventually taken down in 1750.
(1740-1800) After a long period of expansion and reformation, and some wars and skirmishes to the east, industrialization begins to occur slowly, yet is a hotspot of interest.
(1802) Russian "Kingdom" is adopted.
(1814) Napoleon is defeated and pushed out of Moscow, marking a huge victory for Russia and restoring the nationalistic pride lost during the loss against Sweden.
(1816) Expansion into the Caucasus occurs, Russiaification is ineffective within the region, secret authorities crush rebellions.
(1820) After the partitions of Poland and the defeat of Napoleon, the Russian empire struggles to maintain strong influence over newly conquered areas. As such, autonomous vassal states across the nation are formed with the "Treaty of Omsk". While integrating the people overtime politically and ethnically, known as "Russiaification"
(1830) Polish rebellion is defeated, Central Asian vassal states are formed after several guerrilla wars in the region, obtaining great autonomy.
(1845) Russia finally begins to starts to maintain their influence over vassal states, leading the train to integration.
(1846) Discovery of Alaska.
(1850) Present day. Industralization is still going steadily, the Russian army has evolved over time, and so has the nation.

Comparison Points – Political : 3 [[How much national focus is gone into administrating the government, i.e. espionage, royal marriages, counter-intelligence, etc.]]
Comparison Points – Cultural/Religious : 1 [[How much national focus is gone into religious and or cultural aspects, i.e. asking for excommunication, call for crusade, soviet revolution in other nations, etc.]]
Comparison Points – Economy : 3 [[How much national focus is gone into economic matters, i.e. embargo/blockade efficiency, lasting through war of attrition, simply feeding your people better, etc.]]
Comparison Points – Military : 3 [[How much national focus is gone into military, i.e. discipline, morale, better tacticians/generals, etc.]]
Total Comparison Points used (10 Points MAX) : 10 /10

ACCEPTED... or was it APPROVED? Why am I having such a ridiculous problems with this now, of all times?

Anyhow, brilliant app, just a few questions:
1) is that the color you want for the map, or is it just for my benefit, and you want to get a different color?
2) your vassals... could you tell me exact name and where they are?

Right, so that's the color I want the for the map, but if you want to change, I don't mind.
As for vassals, there's the: Kingdom of Poland, Kingdom of Pskov, Kingdom of Lithuania, Duchy of Moldova, Kingdom of Armenia, Kingdom of the Turkmen's and the Kingdom of the Kingdom of the Krygz's. Although a more accurate (yet non official) status would be "Russian client state"
Last edited by Princess Kenny on Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:29 pm, edited 2 times in total.
★ Roleplays★

Mandicoria
Senator

Founded: Sep 10, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Mandicoria » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:44 pm

Oscalantine wrote:
In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam wrote:NS really needs to get a like button...

I was hoping that no one realizes this XDDD

Let me straighten this out: Mandi, in his infinite wisdom, thought that your claim was ENTIRE MODERN CHINA... when I really meant to only give you up to where Ming Dynasty was. So I corrected it... but in my laziness, did not uncolor that reserve.

So... we have technically a half-claim of a forgotten era when Sci could have gotten away with entire China with Mandi's help... but alas, I was the one labeling stuff, so I caught Sci's work red-handed and fixed it XDDDDD

:P
silly little creature, she/they
apologies if im like, really aloof. this site has an affect on me.
What if Humanity was as Important as it thought it was... But it turned out to not be a very good thing.
also i rip off warhammer, DOOM, and halo unapologetically
Highly suggest listening to this when reading anything I post about this nation.
A [1.18] civilization, according to this index.

Cabana
Minister

Founded: May 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Cabana » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:45 pm

Kenny, wouldn't Russia be an Empire if the leader is a Tsar?
Post-Sarcastic Gnostic Anarcho-Fascist
Bezombia wrote:-Reagan was a Pastafarian and had statues of Cthulhu in his bed every night.
-Vladimir Lenin was married to Reagan's wife. Make of that what you will.
come on and slam
Only results! This world only remembers the results!

Suekiva
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Suekiva » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:46 pm

Anti-Russian coalition anybody?

Mandicoria
Senator

Founded: Sep 10, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Mandicoria » Tue Jul 28, 2015 7:48 pm

Cabana wrote:Kenny, wouldn't Russia be an Empire if the leader is a Tsar?

Actually, Russia had Czars before they became an Empire.
silly little creature, she/they
apologies if im like, really aloof. this site has an affect on me.
What if Humanity was as Important as it thought it was... But it turned out to not be a very good thing.
also i rip off warhammer, DOOM, and halo unapologetically
Highly suggest listening to this when reading anything I post about this nation.
A [1.18] civilization, according to this index.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse