NATION

PASSWORD

1850 : Alternative Divergence [AH][OOC][CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kosovo12345
Minister

Founded: Mar 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kosovo12345 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:34 am

Western Imperial Union wrote:
In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam wrote:hm
nope

Thanks for clarifying Oscalantine i was kinda mad at first when no was all I got

Please reserve california, Oregan, Washington, Nevada, Idaho, Wyoming, New Mexico, Arizona

Until u prove to us why I own all this land or give some of it up, I fear it must be rejected unless the other co op has something to say?

Oscalantine
Minister

Founded: Apr 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:35 am

Map updated~!!

Dudes, I understand you folks mean well, but weirder things have happened in AH RPs that I have been in. Don't try to be TOO critical and just watch out for land grabs that exceed what you would think as "decent sizes"

In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam
Senator

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:35 am

Kosovo12345 wrote:
Western Imperial Union wrote:Thanks for clarifying Oscalantine i was kinda mad at first when no was all I got

Please reserve california, Oregan, Washington, Nevada, Idaho, Wyoming, New Mexico, Arizona

Until u prove to us why I own all this land or give some of it up, I fear it must be rejected unless the other co op has something to say?

I just want a rational for it. And i mean, the french and british would support that nation...
So they can app, and we shall decide then....
APP ALMOST DONE
Last edited by In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam on Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current Rps:
Yangire
prolbmeation
R.I.P Dyakovo

Oscalantine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:36 am

Kosovo12345 wrote:
Western Imperial Union wrote:Thanks for clarifying Oscalantine i was kinda mad at first when no was all I got

the OP said that it was fine ^^

Personally, I saw that he was thinking of Native American council of some sort that has managed to westernize from the refugees coming from Europe tired of war-torn landscape. That's classic for those who want Western US coast that I thought really nothing of it.

Suekiva
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Suekiva » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:38 am

I'm reserving Crimea.

Normandy and Picardy
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Normandy and Picardy » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:38 am

The Union of Courland wrote:
Normandy and Picardy wrote:Could I reserve a kingdom in Ghana and South-East Ivory Coast? I'll have the app up tomorrow, if I can.

Well hey there almost neighbor. I'm a European. BLITZKRIEG TIME! *invades*

Don't be so sure. Having a lot of gold and cocoa to trade can help in terms of buying military supplies... Also, modernisation is a thing (don't worry, I'll have only begun modernising)
Northern French Names but with a general Western Med vibe, welcome to N&P

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:39 am

Full Nation Name : The Golden Khanate
Majority/Official Culture : Offical Cultures are Mongolian and Chinese
Territorial Core : MOngolia and china
Territorial Claim : [[OPTIONAL]]India, Russia, Central Asia, Southeast Asia, Europe.
Capital City : Beijing
Population : 450-500 Million

Government Type :Elected Khanate
Government Ideology/Policies : [[OPTIONAL]][Militant, Imperialist, Expansionist, Capitalist, Industrialist,
Government Focus : The Khanate is still very military focused, but realizes that to have a strong military, you need to have the best tech, the most production, and a happy populace(though they dont actually do this one)
Head of State : Khan Gang Zhang
Head of Government : Chang Liu
Government Description : The Government has three main groups of power and structure. There is the "Chosen Ones" who gain power because the Khan puts them in power. These are mostly the best for the job, though there are some that are chosen because of favors. It has minor, minor corruption. The second main group is the military, which is chosen by the main general the khan elects, though the khan can veto any choices the main general makes. The third group, and the weakest, is a small group of administrators, chosen by the people. They have almost no power, and only real purpose is to keep the civilians happy and in line.

Majority/State Religion : Follows the main Chinese polytheistic beliefs. State sponsors Chi You
Religious Description : [[OPTIONAL]]

Economic Ideologies : Capitalism, Mercantilism, and a recent heavy focus on industrialization
Major Production : Metals, and Coal. There is a growing production of weapons and refined goods.
Economic Description : With the wealth of resources in china, china is less reliant of other, but does import what it needs too. The Khante doesn't want to be reliant on others, so there is more of a imperialist focus.

Army Strength : Gaining modernization, Extremely good generals. Pretty good discipline.
The arm is 60% mounted, with 60% of that being horse shooters, and the rest being heavy shock horse troops. Doesn't need a long supply train
Army Weakness : Not much experience. Espionage has weakened
With the lack of a war in a while, the army doesn't have much experience. They also lose a out of people who disobey orders.
Naval Strength : Has around 30 heavy ships (size of chinese treasure ship), 30 light (half the size of a Chinese treasure ship), and 20 transport (size of chinese treasure ship).
Naval Weakness : Doesn't actually have many
Further Military Description : [[OPTIONAL]]

National Goals :
1. To Crush the Russian Scum, and retake the land there.
2. To expand into Central asia
3. To colonize much of the world
4. To take back the indian lands....
National Issues : MASSIVE Ethnic Problems, and a greater wish for democracy from the people. Also, all the other countries around hate them.....
National Figures of Interest :Chi Heng
National Ambition/Aspirations : A modernized China, with good generals, no real ethnic problems, and a lot more land

History : [[Can be in paragraph or bulletpoint timeline.]]
*1217: The Khwarazmians didn't fuck with the mongols. When the Khans convoy reached their area, the people in it were treated with a lot of respect and hospitality (some due to the fear of the Mongols.
*1218: The Mongol Empire starts preparing for another push into China. They wished to make their victory certain too be absolute, and the fact that the Jin we less fractious and had learned from their mistakes.
*1224: The Mongol Empire invades the weakened Jin Empire, with a army 3 times their normal size.
*1227: The Invasion of the Jin empire is over, with 1/3 of their army destroyed, and the Jin nonexistent. They demand full annexation, and it is given.
*1228: Temujin dies, Ögödei ascends to the throne.
*1234: Song empire invaded, with a army twice the size of the one the normal army of the Mongols.
*1239: Upper Half of Song Empire annexed. Song severely weakened. Unrest increases in the Chinese provinces of the Mongolian empire
*1241: Ögödei sends invasion force into the Khwarazmians area. No real reason for it, except tha they had insulted us by not accepted our outrageous demands.
*1245: Khwarazmian loses 1/7th of their land. Mongols didn't take more, because they already had a problem with over extension already, and didn't want to screw up.
*1246: Ögödei dies, Güyük rises to power, sends army into Russia (purpose was scouting and weakening the area). Unrest nearing a critical point.
*1250: Scouting force comes back, with map of the area, and with several destroyed russian principalities noted in their logs.
*1255: Khoja Rises to power after his father dies.
*1257: Sends Army into Khwarazmians territory. Army is around 1.5 times the size of the one that went into Russia.
*1262: Khwarazmians beaten, annexed. This area would rise up soon....
*1264: Ismailis invaded. Army same as the size as the one that invaded Russia.
*1267: Khwarazmians uprising happens. their army was three times the size of the one that was sent into Russia.
*1270: Khwarazmians uprising crushed with troops from the invasion force, and some fresh troops from China (now mostly pacified)
*1274: Ismailis beaten, 1/3 area annexed. The rebel crushing force had joined up with the invasion force.
*1275: Khan dies, Möngke (his son) comes into power.
*1280: Civil War breaks out when a general tries to seize power from the not quite legitimate Khan.
*1290: Civil war ends, with Möngke still in power, though the Khwarazmians broke away from the nation in a uprising.
*1300: Black death spreads to the middle east..... In the end, it destroyed 2/3rds of that area.
*1340: Black Death Enters Europe....
*1400: Black Death Ends.... By the end, 2/3rds of Europe was dead.
*1440: Alaska Discovered. Mongols thinks nothing about it
*1460: Mongols know about everything from Alaska to mexico
*1400-1700: Hiatus in Chinese expansion, with several minor civil wars.
1550: Policy of the Khan choosing the leading general, and the policy of the Khan being chosen by a election of a group of people is instated.
1675: Russia declares war on the mongolian empire, which was lead by the worst, modt corrupt Khan that they had ever had.
1680: Mongolian Forces crushed in the Battle of Siberia.
1683: Mongolian Army pushed back to Kamchatca.
1684: Mongols accept a peace offer. They give the Siberian area to Russia.
1685: Reform demanded. China starts westernizing.
1695: Chinese Reactionary forces rise up.
1697: Chinese Reactionary forces crushed.
1700-1750: new farming techniques instituted, population explodes.
1725: China westernized.
1730: China appeases the people with a policy that gives them some say in running and path of their nation.
*1795: Industrialization begins
*1835: New Khan comes to power. Khan Gang Zhang is one of the bloodiest and most warlike Khan in the history of the Khanate.....

Comparison Points – Political : 1
Comparison Points – Cultural/Religious : 1
Comparison Points – Economy : 4
Comparison Points – Military :4
Total Comparison Points used (10 Points MAX) : 10/10
Last edited by In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam on Sat Aug 01, 2015 10:35 am, edited 4 times in total.
Current Rps:
Yangire
prolbmeation
R.I.P Dyakovo

Kosovo12345
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kosovo12345 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:39 am

Oscalantine wrote:
Kosovo12345 wrote:Until u prove to us why I own all this land or give some of it up, I fear it must be rejected unless the other co op has something to say?

the OP said that it was fine ^^

Personally, I saw that he was thinking of Native American council of some sort that has managed to westernize from the refugees coming from Europe tired of war-torn landscape. That's classic for those who want Western US coast that I thought really nothing of it.

Oh, I was thinking a empire built by Europeans and wanted to colonize west USA before America did

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:42 am

I really want Tibet....
Current Rps:
Yangire
prolbmeation
R.I.P Dyakovo

Western Imperial Union
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 09, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Western Imperial Union » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:42 am

Kosovo12345 wrote:
In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam wrote:hmmm
fine.
App, and we will decide....

If Mexico owns Texas, I would believe that they would not want an empire right on their doorstep and owning lands with Spanish speaking people

Its a spanish speaking republic my app will be up after i get off work at eleven.

I really like the native american idea and i think i will mix the two

Kosovo12345
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kosovo12345 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:43 am

Would Mexico be colonized here? Since Spain is Muslim and not the Christian empire it was in history

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:43 am

Pascal.....
World
missed a bit of my land
Last edited by In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam on Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Current Rps:
Yangire
prolbmeation
R.I.P Dyakovo

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:44 am

Full Nation Name : The Brazilian Empire
Majority/Official Culture :Brazilian
Territorial Core : The parts of this that isn't already taken
Territorial Claim : [[OPTIONAL]] [[region NOT your core where your nation’s ambition lies]]
Capital City : Brasília
Population : 30,635,605

Government Type : Constitutional monarchy
Government Ideology/Policies : [[OPTIONAL]] [[Militant, Imperialist, Expansionist, etc.]]
Government Focus : After the instability following the Second Exodus and the accession of Maria I as the first Empress of Brazil, rather than Queen of Portugal, Brazil and the Algarve the government of the new Brazilian Empire has been hard at work implementing a very ambitious program to transform the former colony into a first world great power. In 1850 this has largely been achieved. Enjoying internal stability and economic prosperity the governments of Pedro II has succesfully pursued conciliação, conciliation between the new Portuguese nobility and the old Brazilian elites, between liberals and conservatives, between country and city and melhoramentos, rapid economic development of the country. These reforms aimed to promote less political partisanship, and forward infrastructure and economic development. The nation was being interconnected through railroad, electric telegraph and steamship lines, uniting it into a single entity.
Head of State : Pedro II, Emperor of Brazil
Head of Government : Luís de Araújo e Lima, Viscount of Sousa
Government Description :

Majority/State Religion : Roman Catholicism

Economic Ideologies : Capitalism
Major Production : Agricultural products and raw materials
Economic Description : The Brazilian economy is mainly based on agriculture being a world leader in production of coffee, sugar, tobacco, rubber, timber, cotton, skins etc. In recent years it has begun to industrialize.

Army Strength : None, its not a strong army.
Army Weakness : Due to a lack of any nearby adversaries the Empire of Brazil has devoted few resources to an army that has no foes to fight. As a result the army is ill equipped to fight a foreign great power.
Naval Strength :Unlike its army Brazil has been prioritizing its navy highly building and maintaining a large number of ships of the line. Recently Brazil has laid down what is to be its first steam driven ship of the line, the future flagship of Imperador.
Naval Weakness :The Brazilian navy has never had to fight a worthy enemy, having therefore had little chance of getting much experience.
Further Military Description : The Imperial Brazilian Army is based mostly on the Royal Brazilian one preceding it. That was a force of militias and irregulars engaging tribes of the interior of the country in endemic warfare but unaccustomed to actual war between states. In order to make the independent empire able to match a European power the army would then have been augmented by a more professional standing army based on the French imperial model but without ever getting the resources needed to build a truly formidable force. The navy would have a more impressive tradition dating back to the days of Henry the Navigator and the Portuguese Empire, and would consists of masterful sailors.

National Goals : Continue its path to great power status
National Issues : Maintaining stability
National Figures of Interest : [[OPTIONAL]] [[Are there any Mother Teresas or Moses that we need to know about?]]
National Ambition/Aspirations : [[OPTIONAL]] [[Not really a set objective, but rather the big picture that your nation is drawing towards]]

History :
  • 1455-56 While performing the volta de mar after having discovered Cape Verde captain Alvise Cadamosto is blown of course by a storm drifting further out sea and discovering, entirely by accident, Brazil. Upon his return to Portugal he is instructed by Henry the Navigator to explore the new discovery and claim it for Portugal.
  • 1580 During the Portuguese succession crisis a mass exodus, the First Exodus, of supporters of both António, Prior of Crato and Infanta Catherine of Guimarães, Duchess of Braganza flee to Brazil. António, whose claim enjoys the greatest support, settles with his supporters in Northern Brazil, the part closest to Portugal and most densely settled, setting up his state at Recife, while the Infanta has to settle for the unexplored south, founding a new city of Rio de Janeiro as her capital.
  • 1595 António dies without legitimate offspring. A dispute breaks out in the Recife state about the future of the de facto independent country with one faction favoring submitting to the Habsburgs of Spain and another suggesting union with the Braganza state in Rio de Janeiro. A compromise is reached with Infanta Catherine's son Teodósio being appointed ruler of the Recife state.
  • 1614 Infanta Catherine dies and Teodósio inherits the Rio de Janeiro state. As ruler of both Recife and Rio de Janeiro he pledges allegiance to the Habsburgs.
  • 1640 Taking advantage of political instability in the Habsburg Monarchy John, the son of Teodósio, seizes control of Portugal, reestablishing the country as an independent state. Recognizing his Brazilian heritage he united the Recife and Rio de Janeiro colonies into one Kingdom of Brazil, and independent country in personal union with Portugal.
  • 1640s Concurrently with the reestablishment of an independent Kingdom of Portugal bandeirantes in the service of, first Rio de Janeiro and later the Kingdom of Brazil, discover gold in the Espinhaço Mountains. This discovery arrests declining economic prospects of the newly united kingdom as its king settles in Lisbon. Over the next fifty years a half million Portuguese and nearly a million black slaves comes to Brazil to mine for gold. Internally in the kingdom the discovery of gold in the south also spur migration from the formerly most populous Recife state in favor of the former Rio de Janeiro state. The new Province of Minas Gerais is created to administer the lands of the gold rush. Subordinate to the Sao Vicente Governor-General the new province becomes the most populous of Brazil with Sao Vicente becoming the most populous governorate general.
  • 1807 A French invasion of Portugal prompts queen Maria I and Prince Regent John to flee Portugal with their court and much of the Portuguese elite to Brazil in the second exodus. In the years following their departure a new wave of mass migration takes place with much of the Portuguese upper class buying passage to Brazil.
  • 1815 Maria I, recognizing that a return to Portugal is unlikely to occur, establishes the Brazilian Empire, proclaiming herself the first Empress of Brazil. Rio de Janeiro, the largest city of Brazil that has functioned as capital in exile of Portugal since 1807, becomes the imperial capital.
  • 1816-26 Maria I dies and is succeeded by John I and VI. Having already functioned as de facto ruler of Brazil since the arrival of the Portuguese court John was in many ways the architect of the modern Brazilian state, devising its first institutions, reforming its economy and managing the peaceful and relatively effortless transition from a Portuguese colonial empire to a Brazilian one. He also determined to establish a new capital city for his empire.
  • 1826-34 Upon the death of Emperor John I and VI, his son Pedro took the imperial throne under the name Pedro I of Brazil and IV of Portugal. Loved by the people of Brazil for his pro-Brazilian (rather then Portuguese) outlook Pedro I was a decadent and ostentatious ruler who laid the foundation to the new imperial capital of Brasília and launched a series of building projects throughout Brazil. A liberal despite his shortcomings Pedro turned Brazil into a constitutional monarchy, promulgated the constitution of 1834 and lived just long enough to call for the first elections in the empire before dying of Tuberculosis.
  • 1834-50 After his father's death Pedro II acceded to the Brazilian throne. He was the first monarch to forego the use of the Portuguese numerals refusing to call himself Pedro II and V. A child when he acceded Pedro II grew into an able ruler presiding over a period of great prosperity. During his reign Brazil has become known for its political stability, zealously guarded freedom of speech, respect for civil rights, vibrant economic growth and especially for its form of government: a functional, representative parliamentary monarchy.

Comparison Points – Cultural/Religious : 0
Comparison Points – Economy : 6
Comparison Points – Military : 3
Last edited by Of the Quendi on Mon Aug 03, 2015 7:52 am, edited 4 times in total.
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

The Union of Courland
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Union of Courland » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:44 am

Kosovo12345 wrote:Would Mexico be colonized here? Since Spain is Muslim and not the Christian empire it was in history

Mexico=Muslim Sultanate
Yush plz.
This is the law of the jungle,
As old and as true as the sky,
The wolf that shall keep it may prosper,
But the wolf that shall break it must die,
As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk,
The law runneth forwards and back,
For the strength of the pack is the wolf,
And the strength of a wolf is the pack.
-Unknown

Nurse Redheart is best pony.
Proud Supporter of Luna and the New Lunar Republic. Down with the Tyrant Celestia! If you support the Solar Empire, TG me.
Sanabel wrote:I control the Holy See with its transvestite pope who identifies as an ogre.

The New Greek Republic wrote:What's red and bad for your teeth?
A brick.

Elerian
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 31, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Elerian » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:44 am

Oscalantine wrote:
Elerian wrote:Are my claims in India still Bueno?

It was never not bueno.

Believe me, I fought for every reserve. Your situation is still solid XDDD

Awesome, working on my app at the moment.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:47 am

Of the Quendi wrote:
Full Nation Name : The Brazilian Empire
Territorial Claim : [[OPTIONAL]] [[region NOT your core where your nation’s ambition lies]]

Government Ideology/Policies : [[OPTIONAL]] [[Militant, Imperialist, Expansionist, etc.]]
Government Focus : After the instability following the Second Exodus and the accession of Maria I as the first Empress of Brazil, rather than Queen of Portugal, Brazil and the Algarve the government of the new Brazilian Empire has been hard at work implementing a very ambitious program to transform the former colony into a first world great power. In 1850 this has largely been achieved. Enjoying internal stability and economic prosperity the governments of Pedro II has succesfully pursued conciliação, conciliation between the new Portuguese nobility and the old Brazilian elites, between liberals and conservatives, between country and city and melhoramentos, rapid economic development of the country. These reforms aimed to promote less political partisanship, and forward infrastructure and economic development. The nation was being interconnected through railroad, electric telegraph and steamship lines, uniting it into a single entity.
Government Description :

Economic Description : The Brazilian economy is mainly based on agriculture being a world leader in production of coffee, sugar, tobacco, rubber, timber, cotton, skins etc. In recent years it has begun to industrialize.

Army Strength : The Brazilian army is the strongest in Latin America
Army Weakness : Due to a lack of any nearby adversaries the Empire of Brazil has devoted few resources to an army that has no foes to fight. As a result while the army is strong and large enough to crush any adversary in South and Latin America it is ill equipped to fight a foreign great power.
Naval Strength :Unlike its army Brazil has been prioritizing its navy highly building and purchasing a large number of highly potent new ironclad vessels.
Naval Weakness :The Brazilian navy has never had to fight a worthy enemy, having therefore had little chance of getting much experience.

National Figures of Interest : [[OPTIONAL]] [[Are there any Mother Teresas or Moses that we need to know about?]]
National Ambition/Aspirations : [[OPTIONAL]] [[Not really a set objective, but rather the big picture that your nation is drawing towards]]

History :
  • 1455-56 While performing the volta de mar after having discovered Cape Verde captain Alvise Cadamosto is blown of course by a storm drifting further out sea and discovering, entirely by accident, Brazil. Upon his return to Portugal he is instructed by Henry the Navigator to explore the new discovery and claim it for Portugal.
  • 1580 During the Portuguese succession crisis a mass exodus, the First Exodus, of supporters of both António, Prior of Crato and Infanta Catherine of Guimarães, Duchess of Braganza flee to Brazil. António, whose claim enjoys the greatest support, settles with his supporters in Northern Brazil, the part closest to Portugal and most densely settled, setting up his state at Recife, while the Infanta has to settle for the unexplored south, founding a new city of Rio de Janeiro as her capital.
  • 1595 António dies without legitimate offspring. A dispute breaks out in the Recife state about the future of the de facto independent country with one faction favoring submitting to the Habsburgs of Spain and another suggesting union with the Braganza state in Rio de Janeiro. A compromise is reached with Infanta Catherine's son Teodósio being appointed ruler of the Recife state.
  • 1614 Infanta Catherine dies and Teodósio inherits the Rio de Janeiro state. As ruler of both Recife and Rio de Janeiro he pledges allegiance to the Habsburgs.
  • 1640 Taking advantage of political instability in the Habsburg Monarchy John, the son of Teodósio, seizes control of Portugal, reestablishing the country as an independent state. Recognizing his Brazilian heritage he united the Recife and Rio de Janeiro colonies into one Kingdom of Brazil, and independent country in personal union with Portugal.
  • 1807 A French invasion of Portugal prompts queen Maria I and Prince Regent John to flee Portugal with their court and much of the Portuguese elite to Brazil in the second exodus.
  • 1815 Maria I, recognizing that a return to Portugal is unlikely to occur, establishes the Brazilian Empire.

I.....
I.....
let me think....
yes. I'll ok it. Other Co-op ahs to say yeah or nay tho...
Last edited by In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam on Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
Current Rps:
Yangire
prolbmeation
R.I.P Dyakovo

Kosovo12345
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kosovo12345 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:51 am

Of the Quendi wrote:Full Nation Name : The Brazilian Empire

Government Description :

Army Strength : The Brazilian army is the strongest in Latin America
Army Weakness : Due to a lack of any nearby adversaries the Empire of Brazil has devoted few resources to an army that has no foes to fight. As a result while the army is strong and large enough to crush any adversary in South and Latin America it is ill equipped to fight a foreign great power.
Naval Strength :Unlike its army Brazil has been prioritizing its navy highly building and purchasing a large number of highly potent new ironclad vessels.

History :
  • 1807 A French invasion of Portugal prompts queen Maria I and Prince Regent John to flee Portugal with their court and much of the Portuguese elite to Brazil in the second exodus.
  • 1815 Maria I, recognizing that a return to Portugal is unlikely to occur, establishes the Brazilian Empire.

I feel like some colonies would try to ne free once they hear Portugal fell and they would be ruled by another colony

New Granadeseret
Minister

Founded: Apr 28, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Granadeseret » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:52 am

The Union of Courland wrote:
Kosovo12345 wrote:Would Mexico be colonized here? Since Spain is Muslim and not the Christian empire it was in history

Mexico=Muslim Sultanate
Yush plz.

Andalusia approves. If they want, I can write it into my history.

I'm almost done with my app; have everything done except my history, and I'd like to clarify my hope for a dominion-like region in the Americas. Would it be possible to have it in the Colorado/Salando/Negro river valley (Roughly south Argentia and Chile)
Stannis was robbed.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:53 am

New Granadeseret wrote:
The Union of Courland wrote:Mexico=Muslim Sultanate
Yush plz.

Andalusia approves. If they want, I can write it into my history.

I'm almost done with my app; have everything done except my history, and I'd like to clarify my hope for a dominion-like region in the Americas. Would it be possible to have it in the Colorado/Salando/Negro river valley (Roughly south Argentia and Chile)

What are you?
Current Rps:
Yangire
prolbmeation
R.I.P Dyakovo

Arvenia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 21, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Arvenia » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:54 am

I hope I can have the Shai Dynasty, which I reduced it's population to 120 million or just 60 million.
Pro: Political Pluralism, Centrism, Liberalism, Liberal Democracy, Social Democracy, Sweden, USA, UN, ROC, Japan, South Korea, Monarchism, Republicanism, Sci-Fi, Animal Rights, Gender Equality, Mecha, Autism, Environmentalism, Secularism, Religion and LGBT Rights
Anti: Racism, Sexism, Nazism, Fascism, EU, Socialism, Adolf Hitler, Neo-Nazism, KKK, Joseph Stalin, PRC, North Korea, Russia, Iran, Saudi-Arabia, Communism, Ultraconservatism, Ultranationalism, Xenophobia, Homophobia, Transphobia, WBC, Satanism, Mormonism, Anarchy, ISIS, al-Qaeda, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, 969 Movement, Political Correctness, Anti-Autistic Sentiment, Far-Right, Far-Left, Cultural Relativism, Anti-Vaxxers, Scalpers and COVID-19

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:55 am

Arvenia wrote:I hope I can have the Shai Dynasty, which I reduced it's population to 120 million or just 60 million.

yeah. Its all cool
I'll accept 120, but i'd want less (mainly cause i'm gonna annex you. but i cant be a bad co-op..... so 120 is cool)

Anyone with criticisms of my app, please post....
Current Rps:
Yangire
prolbmeation
R.I.P Dyakovo

Oscalantine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:58 am

Sci, one more peep out of your about territory which you ALREADY have more than every one of us and I am removing your coastal cities ;)

No, seriously. Love you all for joining, will read your apps and reserves later. Meanwhile, ask the Co-ops for approvals on anything.

Yeah, feel free to approve apps for now. If I find that it isn't adequate, then I'll ask again to edit some stuff... but everyone here seems to know what they are talking about, so I am not too worried about my standards ^^

Arvenia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 21, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Arvenia » Sun Jul 26, 2015 11:59 am

In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam wrote:
Arvenia wrote:I hope I can have the Shai Dynasty, which I reduced it's population to 120 million or just 60 million.

yeah. Its all cool
I'll accept 120, but i'd want less (mainly cause i'm gonna annex you. but i cant be a bad co-op..... so 120 is cool)

Full Nation Name : Shai Dynasty
Short Nation Name : Khagan
Majority/Official Culture : Khaganese, British, American, Mongol, Chinese and Batur
Territorial Core : Northeast China, Xilin Gol, Tongliao, Hulunbuir, Hinggan, Chifeng, Kuril Islands, Palau, Guam, Shanxi Province, Wake Island, Khabarovsk Krai, Primorsky Krai and Sakhalin Island
Territorial Claim : Rason, North Hamgyong, Tsingtao and Ryanggong
Capital City : Dragon City (Harbin)
Population : 120,000,000

Government Type : Unitary Constitutional Hereditary Monarchy
Government Ideology/Policies : Imperialist
Government Focus : The national military is the main focus.
Head of State : Shai Emperor XXXXVI (Li Shai Wu Lang)
Head of Government : Prime Minister Shi Zhong
Government Description : The Khaganese Parliament is the unicameral legislature of Khagan. A new government, either single or coalition, is elected with a new PM each tenth year.

Majority/State Religion : Khaganese Dragonism (dragon worship)
Religious Description : None

Economic Ideologies : Capitalism with feudal elements.
Major Production : Boats, machinery, guns, food, drink, iron, wood and wool
Economic Description : The national economy and industry is very dependent on foreign industry and trading.

Army Strength : It has strong leadership and strong soldiers, primarily the Dragon Knights. Very supplied and modernized, although little ancient.
Army Weakness : Hostile cannons can bring down small troops and longbows are still used by the army.
Naval Strength : Same as the army. It has merchant ships, ironclads, battleships and submarines.
Naval Weakness : The leadership is hard and some ships are too ancient.

National Goals : Expand Khagan and spread dragon worship throughout Asia.
National Issues : Extreme reliance on foreign industry, resources, trade and alliance.
National Figures of Interest : None
National Ambition/Aspirations : It's name inspired a Mongol leader title.

History : Khagan has existed as far as 3000 BC with the Kha Dynasty. After the two dynasties came the country's first hagunate (a Khaganese shogunate or feudal military democracy), the Khangdong Hagunate, in 1000 BC. It dissolved in 500 BC and three more dynasties were born. In 900 AD, a second hagunate, the Shangdong Hagunate, was born and ruled the country with an iron fist. In 1198, the Shai Dynasty rose up from the hagunate and began conquering parts of China, Oceania and Russia. In 1698, it halted an invasion of the entire country by the Qing Dynasty, formed by Manchus, Chinese people from Manchuria. In the 18th Century, it began cooperating with the UK, which brought British influence to Khagan such as the English language.

Comparison Points – Political : 2
Comparison Points – Cultural/Religious : 3
Comparison Points – Economy : 3
Comparison Points – Military : 2

Khagan may have the strength of weak farmers, but has the heart of the dragons!!!! May fire rain upon your army!
Pro: Political Pluralism, Centrism, Liberalism, Liberal Democracy, Social Democracy, Sweden, USA, UN, ROC, Japan, South Korea, Monarchism, Republicanism, Sci-Fi, Animal Rights, Gender Equality, Mecha, Autism, Environmentalism, Secularism, Religion and LGBT Rights
Anti: Racism, Sexism, Nazism, Fascism, EU, Socialism, Adolf Hitler, Neo-Nazism, KKK, Joseph Stalin, PRC, North Korea, Russia, Iran, Saudi-Arabia, Communism, Ultraconservatism, Ultranationalism, Xenophobia, Homophobia, Transphobia, WBC, Satanism, Mormonism, Anarchy, ISIS, al-Qaeda, Recep Tayyip Erdogan, 969 Movement, Political Correctness, Anti-Autistic Sentiment, Far-Right, Far-Left, Cultural Relativism, Anti-Vaxxers, Scalpers and COVID-19

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:00 pm

Arvenia wrote:
In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam wrote:yeah. Its all cool

Full Nation Name : Shai Dynasty
Short Nation Name : Khagan
Majority/Official Culture : Khaganese, British, American, Mongol, Chinese and Batur
Territorial Core : Northeast China, Xilin Gol, Tongliao, Hulunbuir, Hinggan, Chifeng, Kuril Islands, Palau, Guam, Shanxi Province, Wake Island, Khabarovsk Krai, Primorsky Krai and Sakhalin Island
Territorial Claim : Rason, North Hamgyong, Tsingtao and Ryanggong
Capital City : Dragon City (Harbin)
Population : 120,000,000

Government Type : Unitary Constitutional Hereditary Monarchy
Government Ideology/Policies : Imperialist
Government Focus : The national military is the main focus.
Head of State : Shai Emperor XXXXVI (Li Shai Wu Lang)
Head of Government : Prime Minister Shi Zhong
Government Description : The Khaganese Parliament is the unicameral legislature of Khagan. A new government, either single or coalition, is elected with a new PM each tenth year.

Majority/State Religion : Khaganese Dragonism (dragon worship)
Religious Description : None

Economic Ideologies : Capitalism with feudal elements.
Major Production : Boats, machinery, guns, food, drink, iron, wood and wool
Economic Description : The national economy and industry is very dependent on foreign industry and trading.

Army Strength : It has strong leadership and strong soldiers, primarily the Dragon Knights. Very supplied and modernized, although little ancient.
Army Weakness : Hostile cannons can bring down small troops and longbows are still used by the army.
Naval Strength : Same as the army. It has merchant ships, ironclads, battleships and submarines.
Naval Weakness : The leadership is hard and some ships are too ancient.

National Goals : Expand Khagan and spread dragon worship throughout Asia.
National Issues : Extreme reliance on foreign industry, resources, trade and alliance.
National Figures of Interest : None
National Ambition/Aspirations : It's name inspired a Mongol leader title.

History : Khagan has existed as far as 3000 BC with the Kha Dynasty. After the two dynasties came the country's first hagunate (a Khaganese shogunate or feudal military democracy), the Khangdong Hagunate, in 1000 BC. It dissolved in 500 BC and three more dynasties were born. In 900 AD, a second hagunate, the Shangdong Hagunate, was born and ruled the country with an iron fist. In 1198, the Shai Dynasty rose up from the hagunate and began conquering parts of China, Oceania and Russia. In 1698, it halted an invasion of the entire country by the Qing Dynasty, formed by Manchus, Chinese people from Manchuria. In the 18th Century, it began cooperating with the UK, which brought British influence to Khagan such as the English language.

Comparison Points – Political : 2
Comparison Points – Cultural/Religious : 3
Comparison Points – Economy : 3
Comparison Points – Military : 2

Khagan may have the strength of weak farmers, but has the heart of the dragons!!!! May fire rain upon your army!

sure
Current Rps:
Yangire
prolbmeation
R.I.P Dyakovo

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam » Sun Jul 26, 2015 12:00 pm

Oscalantine wrote:Sci, one more peep out of your about territory which you ALREADY have more than every one of us and I am removing your coastal cities ;)

No, seriously. Love you all for joining, will read your apps and reserves later. Meanwhile, ask the Co-ops for approvals on anything.

Yeah, feel free to approve apps for now. If I find that it isn't adequate, then I'll ask again to edit some stuff... but everyone here seems to know what they are talking about, so I am not too worried about my standards ^^

NONONONONONONO
ignore my tg.....
Current Rps:
Yangire
prolbmeation
R.I.P Dyakovo

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse