NATION

PASSWORD

1850 : Alternative Divergence [AH][OOC][CLOSED]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:43 am

Of the Quendi wrote:Full Nation Name : The Russian Empire
Majority/Official Culture : Russian
Territorial Core : RL Russia, Finland, the Baltics, Poland, Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova, Dobruja, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Central Asia (+ Xinjiang and Mongolia), Alaska and Iranian Azerbaijan
Territorial Claim : RL Romania, Bulgaria, the former Yugoslavia, Greece, Western Armenia, Kurdistan, Cilicia, (Greater) Tibet, Afghanistan and Inner Mongolia
Capital City : Saint Petersburg and Moscow jointly
Population : 181,537,800

Government Type : Monarchy
Government Ideology/Policies : Imperialist
Government Focus : For centuries, since before the accession of the Romanov family in the last years of the Rurikid dynasty Russia has been split between the competing goals of an Asiatic and a European school of thought, the former professing that Russia is primarily an eastern nation whose fate lies in expanding and developing its eastern lands while staying out of European affairs and the later calling for Russia to take leadership of the European nations. Different emperors and governments has followed the different schools at various times, stressing different goals.
Head of State : Emperor Constantine I
Head of Government : Emperor Constantine I
Government Description : Absolute monarchy

Majority/State Religion : Orthodox Christianity
Religious Description :

Economic Ideologies : Mercantilism
Major Production : Agricultural products, mining, emerging industry
Economic Description :Traditionally a backward agrarian nation Russia has begun a rapid industrialization fueled by the influx of liberated serbs to the cities. Taking advantage of its vast natural resources Russia is determined to become the preeminent industrial power before the end of the century and is making rapid progress towards this goal.

Army Strength : The Russian Army is known mostly for it vast size and for the discipline and determination of its infantry
Army Weakness : The quality of the Russian army has been questioned by opponents
Naval Strength : The Russian navy has reached a great size and has achieved domination in both the Baltic and Black Seas and increasingly also in the Eastern Mediterranean and even the far east.
Naval Weakness : As a primarily land based power Russia has never devoted its full attention to the buildup of its navy
Further Military Description : [[OPTIONAL]]

National Goals : Conquering Constantinople
National Issues : Still lacking behind the first industrial nations Russia needs to expand its economy to finanze its expansion
National Figures of Interest : [[OPTIONAL]] [[Are there any Mother Teresas or Moses that we need to know about?]]
National Ambition/Aspirations : [[OPTIONAL]] [[Not really a set objective, but rather the big picture that your nation is drawing towards]]

History : Dependent on the history of the rest of the world.

Comparison Points – Political : 1
Comparison Points – Cultural/Religious : 0
Comparison Points – Economy : 3
Comparison Points – Military : 6
Total Comparison Points used (10 Points MAX) : /10

Geez I guess the Greeks in Constantinople have been living under a fraudulent Rome.

However this certainly does bring up potential for a war plot.
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Kosovo12345
Minister

Founded: Mar 16, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kosovo12345 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:44 am

Territorial Core : RL Russia, Finland, the Baltics, Poland, Belarus, Ukraine, Moldova, Dobruja, Georgia, Armenia, Azerbaijan, Central Asia (+ Xinjiang and Mongolia), Alaska and Iranian Azerbaijan
Territorial Claim : RL Romania, Bulgaria, the former Yugoslavia, Greece, Western Armenia, Kurdistan, Cilicia, (Greater) Tibet, Afghanistan and Inner Mongolia

Government Focus : For centuries, since before the accession of the Romanov family in the last years of the Rurikid dynasty Russia has been split between the competing goals of an Asiatic and a European school of thought, the former professing that Russia is primarily an eastern nation whose fate lies in expanding and developing its eastern lands while staying out of European affairs and the later calling for Russia to take leadership of the European nations. Different emperors and governments has followed the different schools at various times, stressing different goals.

Religious Description :

Economic Description :Traditionally a backward agrarian nation Russia has begun a rapid industrialization fueled by the influx of liberated serbs to the cities. Taking advantage of its vast natural resources Russia is determined to become the preeminent industrial power before the end of the century and is making rapid progress towards this goal.

Army Strength : The Russian Army is known mostly for it vast size and for the discipline and determination of its infantry
Army Weakness : The quality of the Russian army has been questioned by opponents
Naval Strength : The Russian navy has reached a great size and has achieved domination in both the Baltic and Black Seas and increasingly also in the Eastern Mediterranean and even the far east.
Naval Weakness : As a primarily land based power Russia has never devoted its full attention to the buildup of its navy

National Issues : Still lacking behind the first industrial nations Russia needs to expand its economy to finanze its expansion
National Figures of Interest : [[OPTIONAL]] [[Are there any Mother Teresas or Moses that we need to know about?]]
National Ambition/Aspirations : [[OPTIONAL]] [[Not really a set objective, but rather the big picture that your nation is drawing towards]]

Nice to see u here, in a couple hours I'm gonna post my china app ^^

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:45 am

Benuty wrote:
Tracian Empire wrote:Could someone help me with the population and military members of the Roman/Byzantine Empire please?

For population have you tried looking up demographic numbers from the 1800s?

Something like that. I found around 5.000.000 in Greece, and around 7.000.000 in the Turkey region.
I'm a Romanian, a vampire, an anime enthusiast and a roleplayer.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Princess Kenny
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Princess Kenny » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:45 am

Religious Description :

gg
★ Roleplays★

Mandicoria
Senator

Founded: Sep 10, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Mandicoria » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:49 am

Religious Description :

Finland, Latvia, and Estonia are in my clay. :P

http://www.thuto.org/ubh/ub/h202/wpop1.htm Oh, and that's not Russia's population from 1850. /nottheop
Last edited by Mandicoria on Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
silly little creature, she/they
apologies if im like, really aloof. this site has an affect on me.
What if Humanity was as Important as it thought it was... But it turned out to not be a very good thing.
also i rip off warhammer, DOOM, and halo unapologetically
Highly suggest listening to this when reading anything I post about this nation.
A [1.18] civilization, according to this index.

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:58 am

Benuty wrote:Geez I guess the Greeks in Constantinople have been living under a fraudulent Rome.

Well obviously if the Byzantine Empire survives and is Latin and Catholic then whatever nation would control the territories of Russia would have very little in common with RL Russia. Thats why I left my history blank. If Constantinople is held by Catholics then I will have to change my application. Consider it more of a reservation of territory then a finished application.
Kosovo12345 wrote:Nice to see u here, in a couple hours I'm gonna post my china app ^^

Nice to see you too. I actually thought about doing a Chinese application with Taizong of Tang avoiding his illness/poisoning and offering Peroz III assistance against Islam, leading to Chinese domination of the Middle East. Ultimately I decided it was both too difficult for me to pull of and too godmoddy. I will look forward to see what you come up with and whether I want to kill or befriend it.
Mandicoria wrote:Finland, Latvia, and Estonia are in my clay. :P

http://www.thuto.org/ubh/ub/h202/wpop1.htm Oh, and that's not Russia's population from 1850. /nottheop

Duly noted.

I am not playing the RL Russian Empire of 1850 so what its population is is hardly relevant.
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Oscalantine
Minister

Founded: Apr 17, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Sun Jul 26, 2015 8:59 am

Princess Kenny wrote:

Religious Description :

gg

No NOT GG.

Your application is DENIED, Of the Quendi, for several reasons. One of which was that Princess Kenny semi reserved the spot, and you did not even write a history.

Princess Kenny, if you want to play as Russia, I will reserve until you say otherwise... or just not show up in this thread T^T

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:01 am

Of the Quendi wrote:
Benuty wrote:Geez I guess the Greeks in Constantinople have been living under a fraudulent Rome.

Well obviously if the Byzantine Empire survives and is Latin and Catholic then whatever nation would control the territories of Russia would have very little in common with RL Russia. Thats why I left my history blank. If Constantinople is held by Catholics then I will have to change my application. Consider it more of a reservation of territory then a finished application.
Kosovo12345 wrote:Nice to see u here, in a couple hours I'm gonna post my china app ^^

Nice to see you too. I actually thought about doing a Chinese application with Taizong of Tang avoiding his illness/poisoning and offering Peroz III assistance against Islam, leading to Chinese domination of the Middle East. Ultimately I decided it was both too difficult for me to pull of and too godmoddy. I will look forward to see what you come up with and whether I want to kill or befriend it.
Mandicoria wrote:Finland, Latvia, and Estonia are in my clay. :P

Duly noted.

I am not playing the RL Russian Empire of 1850 so what its population is is hardly relevant.

The Byzantine/Roman Empire is Latin and Orthodox. The main change I decided would be that in 610, Heraclius decided to keep Latin as the main language of the empire.
Hello there! I am Tracian Empire! You can call me Tracian, Thrace, Thracian, Thracr, Thracc or whatever you want. Really.

Oscalantine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:02 am

Errr.... ... ...

Kosovo, could you PLEASE redefine your territory before you continue? Because Shai Dynasty technically happened. And Manchurian/Northeastern Chinese territories are technically claimed. And... you still haven't answered why in the world would Korea align with China when clearly the three oriental nations were at each other's throats for the most of history of... EVER.

Suekiva
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Suekiva » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:02 am

Scandinavia, any chance I could play as a puppet/satellite state of yours?

Kosovo12345
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kosovo12345 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:04 am

Oscalantine wrote:
Princess Kenny wrote:
gg

No NOT GG.

Your application is DENIED, Of the Quendi, for several reasons. One of which was that Princess Kenny semi reserved the spot, and you did not even write a history.

Princess Kenny, if you want to play as Russia, I will reserve until you say otherwise... or just not show up in this thread T^T

Gg, u denied Quendi. So if I have a good app, can I have China and korea? No Japan

Oscalantine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:04 am

Benuty wrote:
Guidance Name : Potential diplomatic recognition by Britain?

Guidance Description : Despite the willingness of London's creditors, and bankers to deal with the supposedly rogue colonies within North America the royal government has since the creation of the American Commonwealth refused to deal with them. For a period of 204 years since the failed rebellion by Parliament against the absolutist tendencies of King Charles I, and the mass exodus to the colonies following the aftermath of the loss their has been absolute diplomatic silence. Now with the industrial revolution undermining the traditional power of the aristocracy there is being undermined by the expanding middle class. The need for goods which have long been absent from the British economy has also stirred some murmur in the government as well. A diplomatic attaché arrived in Philadelphia, and has been working toward progress in an official treaty known as the Convention of Philadelphia, but the question remains if the current monarch will approve of the treaty or continue longstanding policy.

Affected Area : The Americas, and potentially global trade.

Just saw this. And awesome..... but please... for the sake of my sanity... because it is 1am here and my brain juice is running dry... simplify what it would entail for the global trade and Americas... please? ^^;;;

Of the Quendi
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 18, 2010
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Of the Quendi » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:05 am

Oscalantine wrote:No NOT GG.

I deliberately did not write a history because the history of a country doesn't take place in a vacuum. Writing a history of a country that is completely independent of what happens in other countries makes no sense.

But fine, I guess I will apply for something else then. Maybe put up a list of reservations.
Nation RP name
Arda i Eruhíni (short form)
Alcarinqua ar Meneldëa Arda i Eruhíni i sé Amanaranyë ar Aramanaranyë (long form)

Kosovo12345
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kosovo12345 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:05 am

Oscalantine wrote:

Errr.... ... ...

Kosovo, could you PLEASE redefine your territory before you continue? Because Shai Dynasty technically happened. And Manchurian/Northeastern Chinese territories are technically claimed. And... you still haven't answered why in the world would Korea align with China when clearly the three oriental nations were at each other's throats for the most of history of... EVER.

I was thinking that China would invade korea, not a happy union.

Oscalantine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:08 am

Kosovo12345 wrote:
Oscalantine wrote:
No NOT GG.

Gg, u denied Quendi. So if I have a good app, can I have China and korea? No Japan

Quendi can reapply if Kenny decides not to come back, but seriously, Quendi just spat at my face for having an app with NO history whatsoever.

Same goes for you... it isn't the matter of good app, but you are really just attacking me downright for not reading what I have said.

... so I shall repeat, since I am a host and you are my guest :rofl:
Anyhow, what I mentioned before stands: If you can somehow drag union between China and Korea (even Japan if you so like) all the way from when it is possible, be my guest. However... again, I said that only way this is even possible is if you drag things up from ANCIENT history, i.e. First Han Dynasty and Old Joseon period.

And I also did mention that I am Korean, so I am necessarily and VERY biased towards my nation being just a puppet/colony of another nation. I have beefs to grind with those who want to mix them with Japan, and that's even when I am not OP and it is semi-legit due to their historical ambitions. So you need to explain to me... through history... how in the world you have united China and Korea together from one point of divergence all the way up to 1850.

... and just to note to you again... Northeastern China is reserved for Manchurian Khanate, if I am not mistaken.

Mandicoria
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Mandicoria » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:09 am

Suekiva wrote:Scandinavia, any chance I could play as a puppet/satellite state of yours?

You can be the colonial territories (Haiti, Greenland, Bermuda, the Azores) if you want. It'd relieve a big burden if someone else could control the militias and diplomacy of the colonies. XD
What if Humanity was as Important as it thought it was... But it turned out to not be a very good thing.
Highly suggest listening to this when reading anything I post about this nation.

Tracian Empire
Postmaster of the Fleet

Father Knows Best State

Postby Tracian Empire » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:11 am

Could someone help me with the numbers for my military?

The New Byzantine II
Minister

Founded: May 05, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The New Byzantine II » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:12 am

I have a question, is it okay if Japan unite into an empire 20 years earlier?
Formerly The New Byzantine. Your typical NationStates member since late 2014.
Just call me Byzantine/TNB/Byz because no one really calls me The New Byzantine.

Left-wing nationalist, civic nationalist and a social democratic corporatist.

Kumbhalgarh wrote:Shwetang teleported out of the car. He teleported behind of the teacher, and poked a stick into his/her butt, and then Shwetang teleported back.

Kosovo12345
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Kosovo12345 » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:12 am

Oscalantine wrote:
Kosovo12345 wrote:Gg, u denied Quendi. So if I have a good app, can I have China and korea? No Japan

Quendi can reapply if Kenny decides not to come back, but seriously, Quendi just spat at my face for having an app with NO history whatsoever.

Same goes for you... it isn't the matter of good app, but you are really just attacking me downright for not reading what I have said.

Anyhow, what I mentioned before stands: If you can somehow drag union between China and Korea (even Japan if you so like) all the way from when it is possible, be my guest. However... again, I said that only way this is even possible is if you drag things up from ANCIENT history, i.e. First Han Dynasty and Old Joseon period.

And I also did mention that I am Korean, so I am necessarily and VERY biased towards my nation being just a puppet/colony of another nation. I have beefs to grind with those who want to mix them with Japan, and that's even when I am not OP and it is semi-legit due to their historical ambitions. So you need to explain to me... through history... how in the world you have united China and Korea together from one point of divergence all the way up to 1850.

... and just to note to you again... Northeastern China is reserved for Manchurian Khanate, if I am not mistaken.

I feEl china is very weaken without Manchuria so is Japan open? If it is, I would like to try to.make an app with Japan and a few Korean islands and very southelpful Korea under my controlled

Oscalantine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:12 am

Kosovo12345 wrote:I was thinking that China would invade korea, not a happy union.

You DO realize... that... China FAILED... SEVEN TIMES... in the span of 50 years... to invade Korea, right?

And that's not even Joseon Dynasty, dude. You sincerely have to think of a good historical grounds in which China has the ability and the reason to invade Korea... especially when by the Ming Dynasty, China was really falling into more vassal-lordship kind of policy and didn't really care about outside world.

Of the Quendi wrote:I deliberately did not write a history because the history of a country doesn't take place in a vacuum. Writing a history of a country that is completely independent of what happens in other countries makes no sense.

But fine, I guess I will apply for something else then. Maybe put up a list of reservations.

Sorry if I snapped at you, dude. But I specified the ONLY rule that I had in the OP, and that was to have a terrific history. You metaphorically spat at my rules and this very RP when you didn't write history section... I didn't realize you did it out of necessity.

Again, if Kenny isn't going to go through with it, I can reserve Russia for you. I hate allowing one nation to hoard so much land... but I am fine as long as Kenny is willing to give up his reserve.

Suekiva
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Suekiva » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:13 am

Mandicoria wrote:
Suekiva wrote:Scandinavia, any chance I could play as a puppet/satellite state of yours?

You can be the colonial territories (Haiti, Greenland, Bermuda, the Azores) if you want. It'd relieve a big burden if someone else could control the militias and diplomacy of the colonies. XD

I was thinking an expanded Swedish Pomerania if that's not claimed yet, or maybe an autonomous Baltic state.

The Union of Courland
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Union of Courland » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:13 am

Kosovo12345 wrote:
Oscalantine wrote:

I feEl china is very weaken without Manchuria so is Japan open? If it is, I would like to try to.make an app with Japan and a few Korean islands and very southelpful Korea under my controlled

Haha Japan just for reserved. Kinda.
This is the law of the jungle,
As old and as true as the sky,
The wolf that shall keep it may prosper,
But the wolf that shall break it must die,
As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk,
The law runneth forwards and back,
For the strength of the pack is the wolf,
And the strength of a wolf is the pack.
-Unknown

Nurse Redheart is best pony.
Proud Supporter of Luna and the New Lunar Republic. Down with the Tyrant Celestia! If you support the Solar Empire, TG me.
Sanabel wrote:I control the Holy See with its transvestite pope who identifies as an ogre.

The New Greek Republic wrote:What's red and bad for your teeth?
A brick.

Mandicoria
Senator

Father Knows Best State

Postby Mandicoria » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:14 am

Tracian Empire wrote:Could someone help me with the numbers for my military?

I'd recommend your military (Assuming you mean army) being 1-5% of your population. With a number of ships you deem appropriate and realistic.

Oscalantine
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oscalantine » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:14 am

The New Byzantine II wrote:I have a question, is it okay if Japan unite into an empire 20 years earlier?

I am allowing a LOT of things. Japan becoming imperial 20 years earlier is fine as long as it is good history.

BUT... do keep in mind that a lot of claims are occurring. Take a look and ask me what kind of territories you would like.

The New Byzantine II
Minister

Founded: May 05, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The New Byzantine II » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:14 am

Hello, is someone want to answer my question?
Formerly The New Byzantine. Your typical NationStates member since late 2014.
Just call me Byzantine/TNB/Byz because no one really calls me The New Byzantine.

Left-wing nationalist, civic nationalist and a social democratic corporatist.

Kumbhalgarh wrote:Shwetang teleported out of the car. He teleported behind of the teacher, and poked a stick into his/her butt, and then Shwetang teleported back.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse