NATION

PASSWORD

The New Gotham: Superhero RP OOC (OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 26, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sun Jul 26, 2015 6:50 pm

Sanabel wrote:Word of friendly unsolicited advice, use more punctuation.

Hey jack, maybe we like run-on sentences.
✒ I'm a Proud Member of VARSITY ROW! Come check us out! ✒

I'M A MEMBER OF THOUGHT CAFE
WE'RE THE AWESOMEST, COME CHECK US OUT

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:03 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Word of friendly unsolicited advice, use more punctuation.

Hey jack, maybe we like run-on sentences.

Well, m7.99, I find them to be hard to read, and hardly a writing style unless used as Hemingway did on occasion. I understand it works often, but it looks much more polished otherwise. Well sorry, -insert your irl name here-.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:05 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:Hey jack, maybe we like run-on sentences.

Well, m7.99, I find them to be hard to read, and hardly a writing style unless used as Hemingway did on occasion. I understand it works often, but it looks much more polished otherwise. Well sorry, -insert your irl name here-.

I was just messing with you. I am going to Tg you about an rp I might be making see if you are interested.

When i am not being your average Drunk at the Pub, i am the Founder and Headmaster of The Academy. On my off time i am also a Member of the Mechanics Guild. Member of The Council of the Multiverse community. Click me to find out more!

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:27 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Well, m7.99, I find them to be hard to read, and hardly a writing style unless used as Hemingway did on occasion. I understand it works often, but it looks much more polished otherwise. Well sorry, -insert your irl name here-.

I was just messing with you. I am going to Tg you about an rp I might be making see if you are interested.

You bet man.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:40 pm

The Silhouette of Adventure wrote:Hmm. The Shadow could take any Magic user easily, he uses Nth metal.

Side note, PF (my new nickname for Personal Freedom), your Mad Hatter rendition is probably one of the best I've seen. Nice, man.

Aww, thanks! :hug:
Economic Left/Right: -10.0 (previously -6.45)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18 (previously -4.72 )
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves;
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:43 pm

Ralnis wrote:I have a character in mind but I need to ask this( one serious, one not so)

1.) Can I do a character based off Hobo With a Shotgun?
2.) What is the limitation on super powers or anything like superhuman conditioning?

Sorry about this, just need to get my questions answered( two is the actual question in mind).
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

Imperial Astrye
Attaché

Founded: Jun 22, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Imperial Astrye » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:48 pm

Imperial Astrye wrote:Name: Rachel Wilson
Alias: Void
Side: Villain (Hero, Villain, Anti-Hero, Government, etc.):
Appearance: (Image)
Personality: Crazy, sometimes calm and gets angry sometimes
Abilities and Weapons: Void uses a magical staff that can lift objects up and she aims her staff and then throws the object at her enemies
Weakness(es): Leaves behind weird magical runes at the crime scene
Biography: The daughter of Rick and Jennifer Wilson her family is a crime gang that uses magic to help on crimes they commited lots of crimes in New York City the only crime her family does is bank robberies after they do a crime they move to another city and state when Rachel was born her father and mother knew that she will be a powerful mage at the age of 14 her father gave her a magical staff her mother taught her how to use the staff at the age of nineteen her mother and father died during a bank robbery after she heard what happen she got angry and left the city she was living in and moved to Gotham at the age of 36 after teaching herself how to use the staff she is now ready to be a master Criminal like her mother and father.

I'm new to these kind of RPs and if I mess up I'm sorry :oops:

But if I mess up on my APP please tell me.

Am I accepted?
LOVEWHOYOUARE~

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:49 pm

Ralnis wrote:
Ralnis wrote:I have a character in mind but I need to ask this( one serious, one not so)

1.) Can I do a character based off Hobo With a Shotgun?
2.) What is the limitation on super powers or anything like superhuman conditioning?

Sorry about this, just need to get my questions answered( two is the actual question in mind).

The limitation is whether or not I believe the being is on par with the rest of the characters.
Super Strength, Agility, and Durability are usually a bit much, but it depends on weakness and individual apps. Archangel has all three but it is explicitly stated normal weapons can kill him.

Am I accepted?

Since this is a causal rp, I will accept you, but remember the line minimum when posting. I also am doing this because you are relatively new.
Last edited by Personal Freedom on Sun Jul 26, 2015 7:56 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:05 pm

imperial I hope you don't mind but I had my custom character see yours while Void was escaping and he may or may not have taken the diamond sh worked so hard to steal

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:13 pm

Wow, I'm tired.

Ralnis
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Aug 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Ralnis » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:14 pm

Name: Tommy Davis
Alias: The Hobo
Side (Hero, Villain, Anti-Hero, Government, etc.): Vigilante
Appearance and Personality:

He is bloodthirsty and a has nothing to loose because he has lung cancer. He does have a gray sense of morality and will steal any money he can to try to get the cure for his cancer.
Abilities and Weapons (Recommended to be as descriptive as Possible):
One 12 gauge pump action with various types of shells from buckshot to phosphorus
He has military training when he was in NATO
A fireman's axe
a few pipebombs
Master tactician
makeshift scrap body armor
A shopping cart from Walmart
Weakness(es) (Required but could be as simple as "Human", "Poor Fighter", or more complex like "Leaves Riddles at Crime Scene"): A Human, old Human. He is a poor fighter in comparison to someone like Batman, mostly using dirty fighting to handle opponents stronger than him. He also suffers from lung cancer so he will be out of breath when fighting long battles
Biography (4-5 Line Minimum, unique characters should have backstories, Marvel Characters should have an explanation): Tommy Davis is a grizzled-up veteran from doing tours in African for NATO trying to handle the large crowing raider bands in the region. He got out when he had to kill child soldiers and his best friend died in a hostage situation. Going back home was worse for he found out that his wife cheated on him and took all his wealth. So he was homeless and took a boxcart to Gotham.

That was 20 years ago and he had been getting by living in a homeless shelter until there was a hostile takeover from a gang. He was now sent out on the crime-ridden streets, but he went to the free clinic instead of running because it was a normal thing for crime to be like this. After waiting a long time, the doctor gave him horrible news, he has long cancer. Given only a few months to live, Tommy went over the edge in rage. He walked out and saw nothing but red. He has done nothing with his life and he was about to die.

He grabbed a shopping cart and started to walk to a weapons store that was just recently sacked. He grabbed a lead pipe and found a man still inside with a shotgun. He killed him by smashing his brains out and believed that if he was going to die, than why not tonight of all nights. He tried to remember all the training he had long ago and started to take his anger out on the criminals of Gotham, killing anyone who will ever trouble but left those he believed that were cause any actual danger, such as hoodlums or teenage gangsters.

Now, of this night of nights, he now wages an all-out war on crime in Gotham and he tries to take whatever dirty cash he can get in hopes of him saving himself or at least giving that to someone else who needs it more than him.
RP Sample:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=348487
This account must be deleted. The person behind it is a racist, annoying waste of life that must be shunned back to whatever rock he crawled out from.

The Silhouette of Adventure
Minister

Founded: Feb 14, 2015
Moralistic Democracy

Postby The Silhouette of Adventure » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:18 pm

Uh... Asterdan, my guy is invisible.
The Republic of Atria wrote:You've done a good job at setting up the fact that lots of shit is fucked.

The Republic of Atria wrote:You crazy. But it was great.

Winner of Most Improved RPer, Best of P2TM for 2015!

Asterdan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 14, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Asterdan » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:20 pm

The Silhouette of Adventure wrote:Uh... Asterdan, my guy is invisible.

That only affects the eyes. Hyena has enhanced senses, most notably smell and hearing, and enhanced tracking. He can't really 'see' you, but he can hear and smell you. Which can really be used to your advantage if you overwhelm his senses...
You can call me Aster. Yes, I did revive this nation... Again...

If you aren't hurting anyone, putting anyone in danger, or infringing on the rights of others, it isn't the governments business what you do.
Bill Weld 2020

Minister

Moralistic Democracy

Postby The Silhouette of Adventure » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:21 pm

Asterdan wrote:
The Silhouette of Adventure wrote:Uh... Asterdan, my guy is invisible.

That only affects the eyes. Hyena has enhanced senses, most notably smell and hearing, and enhanced tracking. He can't really 'see' you, but he can hear and smell you. Which can really be used to your advantage if you overwhelm his senses...

Ah, fair enough.
The Republic of Atria wrote:You've done a good job at setting up the fact that lots of shit is fucked.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:21 pm

Imperial did void pick up a big dumpster sort of garbage can.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:21 pm

Ralnis wrote:Name: Tommy Davis
Alias: The Hobo
Side (Hero, Villain, Anti-Hero, Government, etc.): Vigilante
Appearance and Personality:

He is bloodthirsty and a has nothing to loose because he has lung cancer. He does have a gray sense of morality and will steal any money he can to try to get the cure for his cancer.
Abilities and Weapons (Recommended to be as descriptive as Possible):
One 12 gauge pump action with various types of shells from buckshot to phosphorus
He has military training when he was in NATO
A fireman's axe
a few pipebombs
Master tactician
makeshift scrap body armor
A shopping cart from Walmart
Weakness(es) (Required but could be as simple as "Human", "Poor Fighter", or more complex like "Leaves Riddles at Crime Scene"): A Human, old Human. He is a poor fighter in comparison to someone like Batman, mostly using dirty fighting to handle opponents stronger than him. He also suffers from lung cancer so he will be out of breath when fighting long battles
Biography (4-5 Line Minimum, unique characters should have backstories, Marvel Characters should have an explanation): Tommy Davis is a grizzled-up veteran from doing tours in African for NATO trying to handle the large crowing raider bands in the region. He got out when he had to kill child soldiers and his best friend died in a hostage situation. Going back home was worse for he found out that his wife cheated on him and took all his wealth. So he was homeless and took a boxcart to Gotham.

That was 20 years ago and he had been getting by living in a homeless shelter until there was a hostile takeover from a gang. He was now sent out on the crime-ridden streets, but he went to the free clinic instead of running because it was a normal thing for crime to be like this. After waiting a long time, the doctor gave him horrible news, he has long cancer. Given only a few months to live, Tommy went over the edge in rage. He walked out and saw nothing but red. He has done nothing with his life and he was about to die.

He grabbed a shopping cart and started to walk to a weapons store that was just recently sacked. He grabbed a lead pipe and found a man still inside with a shotgun. He killed him by smashing his brains out and believed that if he was going to die, than why not tonight of all nights. He tried to remember all the training he had long ago and started to take his anger out on the criminals of Gotham, killing anyone who will ever trouble but left those he believed that were cause any actual danger, such as hoodlums or teenage gangsters.

Now, of this night of nights, he now wages an all-out war on crime in Gotham and he tries to take whatever dirty cash he can get in hopes of him saving himself or at least giving that to someone else who needs it more than him.
RP Sample:http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=31&t=348487

I will accept this. Going under the unclassified. :?:

Shark isle
Senator

Founded: Nov 12, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Shark isle » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:27 pm

Can i make a villain obsessed with probability?

Minister

Moralistic Democracy

Postby The Silhouette of Adventure » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:27 pm

Shark isle wrote:Can i make a villain obsessed with probability?

Uh... Two-Face?

Asterdan
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 14, 2011
Father Knows Best State

Postby Asterdan » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:28 pm

The Silhouette of Adventure wrote:

Uh... Two-Face?

I think that's more chance than probablity
You can call me Aster. Yes, I did revive this nation... Again...

If you aren't hurting anyone, putting anyone in danger, or infringing on the rights of others, it isn't the governments business what you do.
Bill Weld 2020

In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam
Senator

Founded: Feb 11, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:40 pm

I would like to join.
May I?
And if so, I'd like too base my super hero off Kaiser from Worm.
Current Rps:
Yangire
prolbmeation
R.I.P Dyakovo

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:41 pm

You could.

Shadowwell
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Shadowwell » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:48 pm

In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam wrote:I would like to join.
May I?

the powers for Kaiser seem like they would be ok as long as you can limit it within reason and find a suitable weakness, but post the App and Have the OP or Coop check it out

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:53 pm

Shadowwell wrote:
In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam wrote:I would like to join.
May I?

the powers for Kaiser seem like they would be ok as long as you can limit it within reason and find a suitable weakness, but post the App and Have the OP or Coop check it out

I'll just make another character that is BASCIALLY magneto. And that person would hate kaiser
Current Rps:
Yangire
prolbmeation
R.I.P Dyakovo

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:55 pm

In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam wrote:
Shadowwell wrote:the powers for Kaiser seem like they would be ok as long as you can limit it within reason and find a suitable weakness, but post the App and Have the OP or Coop check it out

I'll just make another character that is BASCIALLY magneto. And that person would hate kaiser

Ummm... that would not be acceptable.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam » Sun Jul 26, 2015 9:57 pm

Personal Freedom wrote:
In Gentem Et De Libris Scientiam wrote:I'll just make another character that is BASCIALLY magneto. And that person would hate kaiser

Ummm... that would not be acceptable.

Why?
Current Rps:
Yangire
prolbmeation
R.I.P Dyakovo

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse