NATION

PASSWORD

The Heroes Association (Superhero RP/OOC/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
New Rob Halfordia
Minister

Founded: Jul 01, 2015
Ex-Nation

The Heroes Association (Superhero RP/OOC/Open)

Postby New Rob Halfordia » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:06 pm

Welcome to the Heroes Association. You are now recognized as an official Superhero within the National Superhero Registry, and have been ranked in accordance with your test results, as a C-Class, a B-Class, an A-Class or an S-Class hero. The goal of each hero is to defend the world and it's inhabitants from mysterious beings, and increase your own rank as you make your way through the world of heroes. And in as world where anything is possible, and the wildest monsters become a reality, there is plenty of room for every hero to play their part. So, what role will you play in this crazy world? Will you rise the ranks and become a famous and prolific hero? Will you be an underdog, avoiding fame, but becoming incredibly powerful? Or will you simply hang back and let others do the work, believing yourself above the petty fighting?

If you haven't noticed yet, this is a One-Punch Man RP. In this RP, you will create a member of the Heroes Association present in the manga. The ranks of the association are C-Rank at the lowest, then B-Rank, A-Rank and S-Rank. S-Rank is the highest, and will likely be somewhat reserved to Co-ops and NPCs. It will very much be an open world RP, and won't be tied down to one particular plot. Despite being a sandbox, there will occasionally be arcs led by me or one of the Co-ops, but, they are entirely optional, and participation is not required.

Most of the main characters from the manga will be removed for ease of digestion.

Rules:
- Obey me for I am the heavenly Buddha
- My Co-ops are an extension of my will, unless I say otherwise
- Don't try to start trouble with others, and keep arguments civil
- No Godmodding
- No flaming and whatnot

IC
Archive

Code: Select all
Application
(delete parentheses)

[b]Name:[/b]

[b]Hero Name(your nickname as a here. It should pertain to a character trait):[/b]

[b]Gender:[/b]

[b]Appearance(pictures are your friends):[/b]

[b]Age:[/b]

[b]Power/Abilities:[/b]

[b]Equipment:[/b]

[b]Rank(C-Class, B-Class or A-Class, and you're rank within the class):[/b]

[b]Weaknesses:[/b]

[b]Bio:[/b]

[b]Personality:[/b]
Last edited by New Rob Halfordia on Wed Jul 22, 2015 4:08 pm, edited 12 times in total.
Siliarba wrote:I stayed out of his way and let him do his thing, but the guy is a monster, a thing worse than cancer that needs to be removed and destroyed.

Kiris the korrupter wrote:Article 1 yb REMOVE new rob halfordia for being annoying cunt new rob halfordia toxic poster rob interaction like injecting toxic into eye

New Neros
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 14, 2015
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Neros » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:08 pm

Application incoming soon. Great work.
Looking for a good time? Horizon Academy is the place to be! | Do Forum Mods dream of sexual DEAT?
Reploid Productions wrote:I have had to read a lot of erotic RP telegrams in the past four months and it does all start to run together into one giant mass of penises, vaginas, breasts, tentacles, dildos, bodily fluids and so on.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Nov 12, 2013
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:22 pm

Tagged. Will have an app up tonight.

New Neros
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Neros » Sun Jul 19, 2015 2:40 pm

Name: Nile Priest

Hero Name: Hyperion

Appearance:

Power/Abilities:
Absolute Constant Velocity: Hyperion can move himself at a constant speed regardless of a force acting upon himself, granting flight, super strength, speed, durability, and endurance. He has to consciously activate this power, but can hold it for long periods of time.

Weaknesses:
  • Nile Priest only has Constant Velocity on his body (and clothing, to save trouble)
  • Since his powers need to be activated, he can be blitzed before they're engaged.
  • He's vulnerable to telekinetic and mental attacks.

Equipment: N/A

Biography:
Nile was born to two parents of comparable power level, who had acted as heroes in their own right before the advent of the Association. Their union, unsurprisingly, produced an offspring more powerful than either of the parents. His father, Conner Priest, was a man with superhuman condition - which included, strength, speed, and durability, while his mother, Sarah Priest, was a telekinetic of reputable standing. Thus, Nile was raised around the superhero lifestyle and saving people, but the boy yearned for normalcy in his life.

Despite that desire, Nile was pushed into service for the greater good, and began to make a name for himself away from his parent's own reputation. Nile's superpower of Absolute Constant Velocity was trained and perfected in his youth by training with his parents in order to control it to a high extent, allowing him to dispatch almost any threat without much difficulty. But, Nile increasingly felt that his duty was more of a day job than anything else. His main interests were video games, believe it or not, and really just wanted to hurry up and play on his computer rather than save the populace.

He did have a great moral compass, though, knowing what was right and wrong, so he was able to give a great show to the media while a normal life outside of superherodom. Nile was contacted at the beginning of the Hero Association to become one of the first government sanctioned superheroes, to which, he accepted based on the income provided. He was assigned S-Class immediately, and has not moved up or down from his position. In popularity, he is often ranked extremely high for his charm and manner of speaking. His original name, Hyperion, was carried over to the Heroes' Association.

Personality: Rather calm, Hyperion is well-respected among the Hero community for his common sense and wisdom, though he is actually fairly apathetic to his job as a hero. In his normal life, he is a recluse who plays games, watches animus, and reads mangos while fighting on online forums over heroes in both real life and fictional universes. Despite his title of "World's Strongest Man", Hyperion doesn't have much of an ego or something to prove - he's just a Punch Clock Hero, and the calling card of a Heroic Neutral persona. He does the right thing and wants to be left alone.
Last edited by New Neros on Sun Jul 19, 2015 9:17 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Looking for a good time? Horizon Academy is the place to be! | Do Forum Mods dream of sexual DEAT?
Reploid Productions wrote:I have had to read a lot of erotic RP telegrams in the past four months and it does all start to run together into one giant mass of penises, vaginas, breasts, tentacles, dildos, bodily fluids and so on.

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sun Jul 19, 2015 3:18 pm

Reserving this post for my app.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Ulvenes
Powerbroker

Founded: Aug 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Ulvenes » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:20 pm

Tag
I cannot watch youtube, so please stop giving me links there.
Love Few, Trust Fewer.
Do you Bark?

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:You're not a pup, you're a majestic canine creature. He's a silly pup. -nods-

New Neros
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Neros » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:42 pm

Mavorpen wrote:Reserving this post for my app.

Welcome! Any idea what character/power you'd like to have?

Ulvenes wrote:Tag

Same question, Ulv!

We'll get a proper ranking list going sometime. I think as far as those go, we can have PCs move up and down in them as required by their plots.

New Rob Halfordia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Rob Halfordia » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:48 pm

New Neros wrote:Name: Nile Priest

Appearance:

Power/Abilities:
Absolute Constant Velocity: Hyperion can move himself at a constant speed regardless of a force acting upon himself, granting flight, super strength, speed, durability, and endurance. He has to consciously activate this power, but can hold it for long periods of time.

Weaknesses:
  • Nile Priest only has Constant Velocity on his body (and clothing, to save trouble)
  • Since his powers need to be activated, he can be blitzed before they're engaged.
  • He's vulnerable to telekinetic and mental attacks.

Biography:
Nile was born to two parents of comparable power level, who had acted as heroes in their own right before the advent of the Association. Their union, unsurprisingly, produced an offspring more powerful than either of the parents. His father, Conner Priest, was a man with superhuman condition - which included, strength, speed, and durability, while his mother, Sarah Priest, was a telekinetic of reputable standing. Thus, Nile was raised around the superhero lifestyle and saving people, but the boy yearned for normalcy in his life.

Despite that desire, Nile was pushed into service for the greater good, and began to make a name for himself away from his parent's own reputation. Nile's superpower of Absolute Constant Velocity was trained and perfected in his youth by training with his parents in order to control it to a high extent, allowing him to dispatch almost any threat without much difficulty. But, Nile increasingly felt that his duty was more of a day job than anything else. His main interests were video games, believe it or not, and really just wanted to hurry up and play on his computer rather than save the populace.

He did have a great moral compass, though, knowing what was right and wrong, so he was able to give a great show to the media while a normal life outside of superherodom. Nile was contacted at the beginning of the Hero Association to become one of the first government sanctioned superheroes, to which, he accepted based on the income provided. He was assigned S-Class immediately, and has not moved up or down from his position. In popularity, he is often ranked extremely high for his charm and manner of speaking. His original name, Hyperion, was carried over to the Heroes' Association.

Personality: Rather calm, Hyperion is well-respected among the Hero community for his common sense and wisdom, though he is actually fairly apathetic to his job as a hero. In his normal life, he is a recluse who plays games, watches animus, and reads mangos while fighting on online forums over heroes in both real life and fictional universes. Despite his title of "World's Strongest Man", Hyperion doesn't have much of an ego or something to prove - he's just a Punch Clock Hero, and the calling card of a Heroic Neutral persona. He does the right thing and wants to be left alone.

Accepted Neros.

And, you are Co-Op.
Siliarba wrote:I stayed out of his way and let him do his thing, but the guy is a monster, a thing worse than cancer that needs to be removed and destroyed.

Kiris the korrupter wrote:Article 1 yb REMOVE new rob halfordia for being annoying cunt new rob halfordia toxic poster rob interaction like injecting toxic into eye

Ulvenes
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulvenes » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:50 pm

Not entirely sure what power a wolfgirl would have tbh. Unless that would be considered her power.
Love Few, Trust Fewer.
Do you Bark?

Zarkenis Ultima wrote:You're not a pup, you're a majestic canine creature. He's a silly pup. -nods-

New Rob Halfordia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Rob Halfordia » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:51 pm

Ulvenes wrote:Not entirely sure what power a wolfgirl would have tbh. Unless that would be considered her power.

Increased speed, stamina and strength, along with a keen sense of smell.

New Neros
Powerbroker

Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Neros » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:54 pm

New Rob Halfordia wrote:
New Neros wrote:Name: Nile Priest

Accepted Neros.

And, you are Co-Op.

Gracias on both accounts. I'll go witch-hunting for more people, or pester this thread with activity to make it look like there's other people.

Ulvenes wrote:Not entirely sure what power a wolfgirl would have tbh. Unless that would be considered her power.

Here's a catch-all power for Wolf Girls: http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Canine_Physiology

EDIT: Here's for Fox Girls, which are close in my mind: http://powerlisting.wikia.com/wiki/Kitsune_Physiology

New Rob Halfordia wrote:

Increased speed, stamina and strength, along with a keen sense of smell.

Those as well.
Last edited by New Neros on Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ulvenes
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulvenes » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:57 pm

Well, I guess my typical wolfgirl will be available :p Do we get weapons? Just out of curiosity.
Love Few, Trust Fewer.
Do you Bark?

New Rob Halfordia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Rob Halfordia » Sun Jul 19, 2015 4:58 pm

Ulvenes wrote:Well, I guess my typical wolfgirl will be available :p Do we get weapons? Just out of curiosity.

If you want. Actually, I will add that to the app.

Ulvenes
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulvenes » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:01 pm

Well this app'll be easier than I thought :p
Love Few, Trust Fewer.
Do you Bark?

New Rob Halfordia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Rob Halfordia » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:03 pm

Ulvenes wrote:Well this app'll be easier than I thought :p

The bio only needs to be two decently fleshed out paragraphs. Nothing too fancy.

Ulvenes
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulvenes » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:16 pm

Well I'll try. Bio's aren't exactly my strong suit.
Love Few, Trust Fewer.
Do you Bark?

New Rob Halfordia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Rob Halfordia » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:18 pm

Ulvenes wrote:Well I'll try. Bio's aren't exactly my strong suit.

It's just two three line paragraphs or so.

Ulvenes
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Ulvenes » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:22 pm

Oh. :p See when I was in school I was taught a paragraph was a minimum of six sentences.
Love Few, Trust Fewer.
Do you Bark?

New Rob Halfordia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby New Rob Halfordia » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:24 pm

Ulvenes wrote:Oh. :p See when I was in school I was taught a paragraph was a minimum of six sentences.

"A paragraph (from the Ancient Greek παράγραφος paragraphos, "to write beside" or "written beside") is a self-contained unit of a discourse in writing dealing with a particular point or idea."

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:25 pm

Ulvenes wrote:Oh. :p See when I was in school I was taught a paragraph was a minimum of six sentences.

I was taught between 4 and 6.

It's mostly there to judge post quality. At least that's what I use it for.

The Republic of Atria
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Republic of Atria » Sun Jul 19, 2015 5:44 pm

Application

Name: Baxter Nolan.

Hero Name(your nickname as a here. It should pertain to a character trait): Molecule.

Appearance(pictures are your friends): http://www.rapsheet.co.uk/Images/Charac ... uleMan.jpg

Power/Abilities: Molecular Manipulation: Baxter can manipulate the molecules of inorganic matter. Allowing for powerful energy blasts, telekinesis, shielding, flight, and matter manipulation. WIP.

Equipment: Nuffin.

Rank(C-Class, B-Class or A-Class. refer to OP for information on each): Class S.

Weaknesses: Baxter can only manipulate inorganic molecules.
The range is limited to his sight.

Bio: Baxter was born in R City to two gifted scientists. Of course they wanted their son to be just like them: Pioneering nuclear fusion stuff. But he had much different aspirations. He wanted to be a superhero. But lacked any sort of physical talent, and while he always passed the written exam with flying colors, he couldn't, for the life of him, pass the physical exam. Always just a few points short of the required score to pass. Eventually he just gave up. Even if he passed, he would never make it passed C level. He didn't even have any powers.

Until the obligatory superhero origin story. During an accidental activation, simultaneous failure of safety systems for their particle accelerator, Baxter rushed in to help get the engineers out, which he did, but didn't get out in time. He was locked in and caught in the blast. This should have killed him, but instead, he only suffered minor burns to his face. Which left some scars, but what was more important was that he developed his power to manipulate the building blocks of matter itself.

With some practice, he was finally able to pass the physical exam when he used his powers to boost himself and earned the name Molecule for his ability to manipulate them. Criminals quickly began to realize the threat he posed, not only to their health, but sanity and reputation. More often than not, he left them in compromising positions for the police to collect. Because of their constant humiliation, crime dropped quickly, and he became quite popular among the citizens.

Personality: Two different ones. As Baxter he's a normal easy going guy. Likes a beer every once in awhile with friends. As Molecule, he's a snarky jokester who spends more time humiliating his opponent rather than defeating them.
Last edited by The Republic of Atria on Sun Jul 19, 2015 8:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sun Jul 19, 2015 6:45 pm

Oh, hi. Tagging my sign.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:27 pm

I slap a tag on this! :3
Equalsun Empire is my spirit animal.
Feel free to follow my Tumblr to view my art!! ^^ SwankyPankeroni
Trace and Charli are my besties! ^-^
Personal Navigator of Tracian Empire!
*throws in cool nicknames for other NSers* (/ouo)/*.*.*

Mavorpen
Khan of Spam

Founded: Dec 20, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Mavorpen » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:28 pm

Got something started. Will finish tomorrow.

Name: Darcy Dunn

Hero Name(your nickname as a here. It should pertain to a character trait): Raven

Appearance(pictures are your friends):

Power/Abilities: Darkness Manipulation: While Darcy can control darkness in general, she's most proficient in manipulating shadows. She can use them offensively, defensively, travel by essentially "teleporting," and create pocket dimensions of shadows.

Equipment: None

Rank(C-Class, B-Class or A-Class. refer to OP for information on each): B-Class, rank 3

Weaknesses: As one would expect, light. However, ironically, she also cannot stay in places without light for long.

Bio: Born and raised in D-City, Darcy is a rather normal young adult woman. She was raised in an average middle class home, and was an active and outgoing student with good grades. Basically, she was everything her parents wanted and more.

When she was 13, her powers began manifesting themselves, and not in the most positive way. The first time, she unintentionally used it to teleport herself to an entirely different city. The second time, she accidently encased her whole city block in darkness. The third time, was, however by far the worst: she trapped herself in a pocket dimension of pure darkness. This wouldn't have been so bad if it were for a few minutes, but she was trapped for nearly an entire day.

Because of that experience, she developed nyctophobia and her life took a turn for the worst. She became closed off from others, found it difficult to establish and maintain relationships, and essentially cut off her emotions, as she was believed that her emotions led to negative results with her powers.

When she was 16, her school was attacked by a Mysterious Being, and she became trapped in the school. With the power not working and thus everything being dark, and being stuck in an enclosed space, she quickly panicked. It was probably the first time she ever wanted her powers to work, but she couldn't get them to.

Thankfully, Darcy was saved by a then A-Class hero and became inspired to become a hero herself. At first, she wasn't very great at it for a number of reasons. A lot of people saw her ability as not being very appropriate for a hero. That combined with her appearance and her depressing attitude towards everything made it hard for people to connect with her and see her as a hero, especially children. She soon worked to return her personality to that before she discovered her powers in an attempt to become more accepted.

Since Darcy began being a hero, she's been relatively successful being a hero. She's managed to rise to the 3rd rank B-Class, though she doesn't care about her rank much at all, and a significant reason for her increase in rank appears to be because of how much she's liked by the public. She hasn't really realized it, but she's been a rather marketable person for the Heros Association because of her community work and her regular visits to parks in order to play with children.

Personality: Despite her appearance and the nature of her powers, Darcy is cheerful and playful. She often has a positive outlook on life and is rare to upset. At the same time though, she is sort of a loner and doesn't usually form very close relationships. She's also afraid of the dark.
Last edited by Mavorpen on Mon Jul 20, 2015 2:11 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"The Nixon campaign in 1968, and the Nixon White House after that, had two enemies: the antiwar left and black people. You understand what I'm saying? We knew we couldn't make it illegal to be either against the war or black, but by getting the public to associate the hippies with marijuana and blacks with heroin, and then criminalizing both heavily, we could disrupt those communities. We could arrest their leaders. raid their homes, break up their meetings, and vilify them night after night on the evening news. Did we know we were lying about the drugs? Of course we did."—former Nixon domestic policy chief John Ehrlichman

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Sun Jul 19, 2015 7:42 pm

Application
(delete parentheses)

Name: Brother Jean

Hero Name: The Monk

Appearance(pictures are your friends):
[img]https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/fa/04/2d/fa042db868950df06fab23841a160545.jpg
[/img]

Power/Abilities: He is skilled in combat training and marksmanship, alongside his overzealous faith on his religion that makes him faithful to what he does, and therefore he has strong willpower.

Equipment: A sword, Beretta M9and his costume.

Rank(C-Class, B-Class or A-Class. refer to OP for information on each): B-Class, Rank 100

Weaknesses: He's still a normal human with human weaknesses.

Bio: Jean's real name is Jean Devauville, a French-born who was raised not in France by his parents. He lived a normal life as a normal kid, but he was different since at the start of his life he was a Buddhist like his family. He was raised in Japan and get alongside well enough even though he was not a Japanese.

When he became an adult, on the age of 20, he began to learned more and more about the history of Buddhism in Japan, and began to embraced it more, eventually turning himself into one very zealotry man, and then he began to learned more of combat training and marksmanship to dressed himself to looked like a warrior, and of course, to enters Heroes Association, to spread order to the people and to prevent chaos.

As he entered the exam, and passed the exam, his actions as the hero began to took attentions. Violence at its limit, but to spread order, is a justified cause. While he is a good hero at heart, at actions he's more to vigilantism, and then the fact that he is too overzealous meaning his actions can be seen in the whole new light as a justification to spread order based on his religion.

Personality: He's well-meaning at heart, wanting to spread order and prevent chaos, but his faith with his religion happened to corrupted his actions to the point where he uses violence to spread order and prevent chaos. Overall, he's good and nice, but he's violent and aggressive as well. For him, justice and order are more important than agreeing with the law.
Last edited by Altito Asmoro on Mon Jul 20, 2015 6:43 am, edited 4 times in total.
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse