NATION

PASSWORD

Iron and Steel; 20th Century AH [RE/Continuation/OOC/OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The IC is finally up! Are you happy?

Oh yes amazingly
42%
Yes
12%
Eh
12%
No
2%
No eww
32%

Total votes : 57

The New Greek Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Greek Republic » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:12 pm

I'm sorry

Thinking that I'm going to have to walk away from these negotiations. Out of my agenda, I'd barely accomplish half of what I came in looking for and even then it wouldn't really feel like it's what I wanted. All I really wanted out of the meeting were the lands I demanded and the military cuts by the Ottoman Empire and I don't think I'll accomplish either one.
NS' resident KNICKS Fan
Same me, now with tattoos.
meh, just call me Greeky because nobody really wants to say "The New Greek Republic..."
---------_,=.=,_
------,`=.-o---`\\___
-----/---o\\--(0-----O
----/-o----\\---- ___/
----|----O--|-----\\)
---`,o---_/--o .--`------
-----`"`;-O--(---------
--------/--.--""``\\\\----
------.`-O------.\\,,||
----.`------""`|-`""`----
|\\-/--O--o---__|------
-\\|-o--.-`----`\\---
--\\-_-o---O----|
---(---o---.-`--
__`.____/___/_/
What's red and bad for your teeth?

A brick.
Sanabel wrote: I control the Holy See with its transvestite pope who identifies as an ogre.

Just warning you, your ears will have orgasms.

Suekiva
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Suekiva » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:15 pm

Although I'm Canadian and there's the whole Canadian-apoligizing stereotype thing, I feel compelled not to apologize.

Fine. I'll do it.

I'm sorry.

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Founded: Aug 26, 2014
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Insaeldor » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:22 pm

I'm sorry

The New Greek Republic wrote:I'm sorry

Thinking that I'm going to have to walk away from these negotiations. Out of my agenda, I'd barely accomplish half of what I came in looking for and even then it wouldn't really feel like it's what I wanted. All I really wanted out of the meeting were the lands I demanded and the military cuts by the Ottoman Empire and I don't think I'll accomplish either one.

You've still got most of your land claims agreed to honestly. All I've asked is that the Ottomans maintain some sort of access to the Persian Gulf for economic reasons you'd still get vast amounts of new coastlands and ports plus you've gained access to both the Black and Medetteranialn sea's

I don't believe you've lost much major ground in most of your goals minus the military which won't be to hard to hammer out if we can all come to some sort of compromise because as I've stated these are pretty high demands for a treaty which a whole point is to creat commutation. Let's not also forget that if these negotiations faulter the Ottomans would still have the ability to conduct military operations against the Persian republic rather than having the security measures put forth by the deal.
Last edited by Insaeldor on Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Time is a prismatic uniform polyhedron

The New Greek Republic
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 22, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby The New Greek Republic » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:34 pm

Insaeldor wrote:You've still got most of your land claims agreed to honestly. All I've asked is that the Ottomans maintain some sort of access to the Persian Gulf for economic reasons you'd still get vast amounts of new coastlands and ports plus you've gained access to both the Black and Medetteranialn sea's

I don't believe you've lost much major ground in most of your goals minus the military which won't be to hard to hammer out if we can all come to some sort of compromise because as I've stated these are pretty high demands for a treaty which a whole point is to creat commutation. Let's not also forget that if these negotiations faulter the Ottomans would still have the ability to conduct military operations against the Persian republic rather than having the sulecutity measures put forth by the deal.

It's nothing to do with your counteroffers, it's Ottoman doesn't want to give any land outside of the Caucasus. My compromises are leaving Baghdad to the Ottoman's for a naval base in Cyprus and in the Black Sea and the rest of the land I want, military below or at 500,000 and oil sales being decreased by 20-30% which are incredibly more reasonable than my original demands.
NS' resident KNICKS Fan
Same me, now with tattoos.
meh, just call me Greeky because nobody really wants to say "The New Greek Republic..."
---------_,=.=,_
------,`=.-o---`\\___
-----/---o\\--(0-----O
----/-o----\\---- ___/
----|----O--|-----\\)
---`,o---_/--o .--`------
-----`"`;-O--(---------
--------/--.--""``\\\\----
------.`-O------.\\,,||
----.`------""`|-`""`----
|\\-/--O--o---__|------
-\\|-o--.-`----`\\---
--\\-_-o---O----|
---(---o---.-`--
__`.____/___/_/
What's red and bad for your teeth?

A brick.
Sanabel wrote: I control the Holy See with its transvestite pope who identifies as an ogre.

Just warning you, your ears will have orgasms.

The Peoples East Africa
Powerbroker

Founded: Jun 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Peoples East Africa » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:40 pm

The New Greek Republic wrote:
Insaeldor wrote:You've still got most of your land claims agreed to honestly. All I've asked is that the Ottomans maintain some sort of access to the Persian Gulf for economic reasons you'd still get vast amounts of new coastlands and ports plus you've gained access to both the Black and Medetteranialn sea's

I don't believe you've lost much major ground in most of your goals minus the military which won't be to hard to hammer out if we can all come to some sort of compromise because as I've stated these are pretty high demands for a treaty which a whole point is to creat commutation. Let's not also forget that if these negotiations faulter the Ottomans would still have the ability to conduct military operations against the Persian republic rather than having the sulecutity measures put forth by the deal.

It's nothing to do with your counteroffers, it's Ottoman doesn't want to give any land outside of the Caucasus. My compromises are leaving Baghdad to the Ottoman's for a naval base in Cyprus and in the Black Sea and the rest of the land I want, military below or at 500,000 and oil sales being decreased by 20-30% which are incredibly more reasonable than my original demands.

When can I expect a letter regarding the naval base you want to build?

Sanabel
Post Czar

Founded: Nov 10, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:46 pm

I dont currently have time to read the IC.

Could I get a brief summary of what is happening in the Mideast, so I can formulate my position? It is imperative to my nation's economy, which relies partially on the Gulf oil trade.
The interregnum is over- I am once again the OP of the Land of the Free RP

I am a Radical Centro-Transhumanist and a National Globalist.
If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Suekiva
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Suekiva » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:49 pm

Sanabel wrote:I dont currently have time to read the IC.

Could I get a brief summary of what is happening in the Mideast, so I can formulate my position? It is imperative to my nation's economy, which relies partially on the Gulf oil trade.

Tensions are rising between Persia and the Ottomans at a trilateral meeting in Riyadh.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:54 pm

Suekiva wrote:
Sanabel wrote:I dont currently have time to read the IC.

Tensions are rising between Persia and the Ottomans at a trilateral meeting in Riyadh.

What are the demands and aggressions over?

If you don't have a high enough IQ to know what those are, then we can't be friends.

Suekiva
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Suekiva » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:56 pm

Sanabel wrote:
Suekiva wrote:Tensions are rising between Persia and the Ottomans at a trilateral meeting in Riyadh.

What are the demands and aggressions over?

Former Persian lands in IRL Iraq that the Ottomans now control, I believe.

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Postby Insaeldor » Fri Jul 31, 2015 5:58 pm

Suekiva wrote:
Sanabel wrote:What are the demands and aggressions over?

Former Persian lands in IRL Iraq that the Ottomans now control, I believe.

The tension as I've seen it is more over the Persian demands for Ottoman military cuts which the Ottomans have no intent on carrying out. I've suggested demiliterized boarders and a cap on military forces set to allow a 5% increase in all sides unless a nation is fighting a defensive war. The Persians however seem to really want those military cuts.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:02 pm

Well, we as a nation want Ottoman dominance in the region. We will probably take military action to defend our interests in the gulf. Unless of course, Persia offers a long term, lucrative deal. Now, this isn't set in stone, but could be in the future if war does occur.

However, I will accept Persia's current trade offer, do to there not yet being a war.

The Union of Courland
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Union of Courland » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:06 pm

Sanabel wrote:Well, we as a nation want Ottoman dominance in the region. We will probably take military action to defend our interests in the gulf. Unless of course, Persia offers a long term, lucrative deal. Now, this isn't set in stone, but could be in the future if war does occur.

However, I will accept Persia's current trade offer, do to there not yet being a war.

You do realize belong the Ottomans would result in war with me, Persia, and most likely the Balkans, right?
This is the law of the jungle,
As old and as true as the sky,
The wolf that shall keep it may prosper,
But the wolf that shall break it must die,
As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk,
The law runneth forwards and back,
For the strength of the pack is the wolf,
And the strength of a wolf is the pack.
-Unknown

Nurse Redheart is best pony.
Proud Supporter of Luna and the New Lunar Republic. Down with the Tyrant Celestia! If you support the Solar Empire, TG me.
Sanabel wrote:I control the Holy See with its transvestite pope who identifies as an ogre.

The New Greek Republic wrote:What's red and bad for your teeth?
A brick.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:08 pm

The Union of Courland wrote:
Sanabel wrote:Well, we as a nation want Ottoman dominance in the region. We will probably take military action to defend our interests in the gulf. Unless of course, Persia offers a long term, lucrative deal. Now, this isn't set in stone, but could be in the future if war does occur.

You do realize belong the Ottomans would result in war with me, Persia, and most likely the Balkans, right?

Yes, but it is required for the economic success of my nation. Unless, of course, I was offered say...Kuwait. But one or the other must occur.

And you realize that a war like this wouldn't take place at all in Europe except for maybe the Balkans and Turkey?

The Union of Courland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Union of Courland » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:10 pm

Sanabel wrote:
The Union of Courland wrote:You do realize belong the Ottomans would result in war with me, Persia, and most likely the Balkans, right?

Yes, but it is required for the economic success of my nation. Unless, of course, I was offered say...Kuwait. But one or the other must occur.

And you realize that a war like this wouldn't take place at all in Europe except for maybe the Balkans and Turkey?

Well, I could offer you more than Kuwait. Cyprus and Kuwait, perhaps? Two valuable ports?
-Unknown

Proud Supporter of Luna and the New Lunar Republic. Down with the Tyrant Celestia! If you support the Solar Empire, TG me.
Sanabel wrote:I control the Holy See with its transvestite pope who identifies as an ogre.

A brick.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:11 pm

Sanabel wrote:Yes, but it is required for the economic success of my nation. Unless, of course, I was offered say...Kuwait. But one or the other must occur.

Well, I could offer you more than Kuwait. Cyprus and Kuwait, perhaps? Two valuable ports?

I would instantly accept.

The Union of Courland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Union of Courland » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:13 pm

Sanabel wrote:
The Union of Courland wrote:Well, I could offer you more than Kuwait. Cyprus and Kuwait, perhaps? Two valuable ports?

I would instantly accept.

New Greek, is that okay with you? And SECP, are you down with this invading Ottoman thing?
-Unknown

A brick.

New Decius
Senator

Founded: Jul 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:15 pm

Yet if the Ottomans sign the agreement presented by the German Reich, Germany would be backing the Ottomans and Dutch in that fight. Is the Papal Republic really willing to anger Germany, which happens to support the Monarchy in North Italy and would be happy to invade South Italy?
Proud advocate that Europe stands stronger together than divided. The EU may be flawed in some areas but the idea of a united Europa can only bring good fortune to Europe and the world. For more than two thousand years, Europe was home to conflicts inspired by coveting one another's territory and resources, even making the continent the home to some of the world's most destructive and costly conflicts. But the idea was all wrong in their minds. Their idea was to bring this territory or that under their flag and spread influence on the continent. The idea they should all have been thinking was that the goal should be to bring the continent under one unified flag.

IATA Member

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:16 pm

Sanabel wrote:I would instantly accept.

New Greek, is that okay with you? And SECP, are you down with this invading Ottoman thing?

Well, first you'd have to visit Amsterdam.

The Union of Courland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Union of Courland » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:18 pm

New Decius wrote:
The Union of Courland wrote:You do realize belong the Ottomans would result in war with me, Persia, and most likely the Balkans, right?

Yet if the Ottomans sign the agreement presented by the German Reich, Germany would be backing the Ottomans and Dutch in that fight. Is the Papal Republic really willing to anger Germany, which happens to support the Monarchy in North Italy and would be happy to invade South Italy?

It's just the Republic, dammit. The Papal Republic is dead. And the Dutch might be helping us against the Ottomans.
-Unknown

A brick.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:19 pm

New Decius wrote:

This complicates things.

The Union of Courland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Union of Courland » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:24 pm

New Decius wrote:

Also, I honestly don't care if you invade me. I'm going to improve relations with North Italy and give them Rome for stuff, so your Cassus Belli for invading me is slowly fading away.
-Unknown

A brick.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:31 pm

Courland, I like your quotes.

The Union of Courland
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Union of Courland » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:32 pm

Sanabel wrote:Courland, I like your quotes.

Haha thanks
-Unknown

A brick.

Insaeldor
Negotiator

Postby Insaeldor » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:32 pm

An invasion of the Ottomans? Fuck this, at this point we should just say fuck these negotiations if the Persians and Ottomans are going to find themselves in conflict. I'm not getting involved in the war because fuck all that shit. I'll just take over what's left of the Arabian Peninsula and take some territory on the Straights of Hormuz.

Sanabel
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Sanabel » Fri Jul 31, 2015 6:40 pm

Insaeldor wrote:An invasion of the Ottomans? Fuck this, at this point we should just say fuck these negotiations if the Persians and Ottomans are going to find themselves in conflict. I'm not getting involved in the war because fuck all that shit. I'll just take over what's left of the Arabian Peninsula and take some territory on the Straights of Hormuz.

I hope war could be avoided.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse