NATION

PASSWORD

Age of Mortals II:Rebirth [OOC|OPEN|Fantasy|Interactive Map]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jun 12, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:23 am

Kherkov wrote:Hey, Faal, can our meeting end soonish? I need to move the Expeditionary Fleet on.

Sure, just want to share maps then we're gone.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Kuhlfros wrote:Fall Lot Himdah=Alakazam (May or May not have to do with Merlin)

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Spindle wrote:Aaaaaand, the font of all sass.

Bentus
Senator

Founded: Dec 18, 2013
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:45 am

Kherkov wrote:Hey, Faal, can our meeting end soonish? I need to move the Expeditionary Fleet on.

If I may, since the meetings are happenning in a different time flow - could the fleet not just move on anyhow in the main IC? :)
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
Forces active in a warzone.
At peace.
Member of The Galactic Economic and Security Organization

NationStates Belongs to All, Gameplay, Roleplay, and Nonplay Alike
Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

How Roleplays Die <= Good read for anyone interested in OPing

Kherkov
Senator

Founded: May 13, 2012
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kherkov » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:47 am

Bentus wrote:

If I may, since the meetings are happenning in a different time flow - could the fleet not just move on anyhow in the main IC? :)

That's what I was thinking - but there is an issue with this. Hypothetically, say the Draken tried to attack me after our conversation. Hypothetically. And, somehow, Faal came up with some genius plan to destroy my entire fleet. If I've moved on and interacted, then all that would instantly vanish, as the interacting fleet would be destroyed.
+ England expects that every man will do his duty +

Co-Founder of the RP Region The Commonwealth Society
Regional Factbook | Join our Discord | Kherkov Factbook
Nation is RP - not equal to RL views

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Wed Jul 01, 2015 7:51 am

Kherkov wrote:
Bentus wrote:

That's what I was thinking - but there is an issue with this. Hypothetically, say the Draken tried to attack me after our conversation. Hypothetically. And, somehow, Faal came up with some genius plan to destroy my entire fleet. If I've moved on and interacted, then all that would instantly vanish, as the interacting fleet would be destroyed.

Fair point. We could just say 'no sneaky stabby attempts while in ze meeting thread' or something?

Also, I'm just holding off on posting till all those troops arrive in the Kai capital before going all 'Warghhh!' Not much for the chars to do until then.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Every NationStates Community Member, from Raider Kings to Brony Queens Make Us Awesome.
"Though I fly through the valley of Death, I shall fear no evil. For I am at the Karman line and climbing." - Bentusi SABRE motto

North America Inc wrote:13. If Finland SSR or Bentus anyone spams the Discord with shipping goals, I will personally tell your mother.

Kherkov
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kherkov » Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:29 am

Bentus wrote:
Kherkov wrote:

Fair point. We could just say 'no sneaky stabby attempts while in ze meeting thread' or something?

Also, I'm just holding off on posting till all those troops arrive in the Kai capital before going all 'Warghhh!' Not much for the chars to do until then.

Hmm, maybe. Perhaps make it clear OOC if you intend an ambush or something?

I might as well move them in now, I won't be able to later today.

The Vekta-Helghast Empire
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 14, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Vekta-Helghast Empire » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:16 am

Anyone nearby interested in meeting the Haalgardians? Might send out a few little parties to explore this new world.

Kherkov
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kherkov » Wed Jul 01, 2015 9:44 am

The Vekta-Helghast Empire wrote:Anyone nearby interested in meeting the Haalgardians? Might send out a few little parties to explore this new world.

I've got some airships flying nearby, might be able to meet up.

Shnercropolis
Powerbroker

Founded: Sep 30, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Shnercropolis » Wed Jul 01, 2015 10:34 am

see. the problem we're havng here is that the timescale is both too fast and too rigid.
it is my firm belief that I should never have to justify my beliefs.

Zgraja
Diplomat

Founded: Aug 11, 2008
Ex-Nation

Postby Zgraja » Wed Jul 01, 2015 11:05 am

Finally got my first post up.

Kherkov
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kherkov » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:42 am

Shnercropolis wrote:see. the problem we're havng here is that the timescale is both too fast and too rigid.

Maybe. But making it too fluid just means chaos.

Kherkov
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kherkov » Thu Jul 02, 2015 4:43 am

Zgraja wrote:Finally got my first post up.

Nicely done :)

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:12 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Kazaro - Halfway between Demon's Run and Drake Rock

Kherkov, the update looked fine, but there was one problem. Kazaro is half way between Demon's Run (which is in the north) and Drake Rock.

Was unsure where to post this.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian
Charlia wrote:Faal Lot Himdah - A wizard. Possibly evil. Seen associating with Charlia, who baas at him a lot when he doesn't feed her enough. #BlameVoid

Spindle wrote:I swear, you two are pretty much the font of all evil in this world...

Kherkov
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kherkov » Thu Jul 02, 2015 5:46 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:Kazaro - Halfway between Demon's Run and Drake Rock

Kherkov, the update looked fine, but there was one problem. Kazaro is half way between Demon's Run (which is in the north) and Drake Rock.

Was unsure where to post this.

Here or the update thread is fine.

Aye, I got confused, I couldn't find demon's run, and so I just assumed everyone was moving to the capital. I'll move Kazaro.

Zgraja
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zgraja » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:00 am

Hey Kherkov, are we allowed to assume our own terrain in our lands? I would like to have it where there is a mountain range (the chewba mountains) that runs along the eastern edge of my kingdom. I was thinking it was kind of a physical representation of Revan holding the Krowl into their lands. Maybe something like an ice wall that has melted since the departer of the gods.

Kherkov
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kherkov » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:03 am

Zgraja wrote:Hey Kherkov, are we allowed to assume our own terrain in our lands? I would like to have it where there is a mountain range (the chewba mountains) that runs along the eastern edge of my kingdom. I was thinking it was kind of a physical representation of Revan holding the Krowl into their lands. Maybe something like an ice wall that has melted since the departer of the gods.

Well you're currently situated in a taiga sorta biome, so not sure an ice wall would work. Maybe you could have mountains where paths out of them have formed, or something? I won't be able to put it on the map though.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:26 am

I've been meaning to ask, is it fine if the Draken have fireworks?

I know completely random.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Kherkov
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kherkov » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:27 am

Faal Lot Himdah wrote:I've been meaning to ask, is it fine if the Draken have fireworks?

For celebrations and stuff? Sure.

Faal Lot Himdah
Postmaster of the Fleet

Postby Faal Lot Himdah » Thu Jul 02, 2015 7:31 am

Kherkov wrote:
Faal Lot Himdah wrote:I've been meaning to ask, is it fine if the Draken have fireworks?

For celebrations and stuff? Sure.

Ok, thanks.
#BlameVoid
A VeryProudCanadian

Zgraja
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Zgraja » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:01 am

Kherkov wrote:
Zgraja wrote:Hey Kherkov, are we allowed to assume our own terrain in our lands? I would like to have it where there is a mountain range (the chewba mountains) that runs along the eastern edge of my kingdom. I was thinking it was kind of a physical representation of Revan holding the Krowl into their lands. Maybe something like an ice wall that has melted since the departer of the gods.

Well you're currently situated in a taiga sorta biome, so not sure an ice wall would work. Maybe you could have mountains where paths out of them have formed, or something? I won't be able to put it on the map though.

Oh I didn't mean for you to put them on the map. Just wanting it to be known that it's there. So moving into my kingdom or out for that matter won't be an easy task.

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:05 am

Zgraja wrote:
Kherkov wrote:

Oh I didn't mean for you to put them on the map. Just wanting it to be known that it's there. So moving into my kingdom or out for that matter won't be an easy task.

I'm actually thinking of making my own version of the map at some point (discovered I need my laptop though rather than my tablet....which is sitting a couple thousand km away at the mo) in a style similar to this. I should be able to put in mountains and the like if people want them...

Note 'should' though - still learning the ropes of this kind of stuff :3
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Kherkov
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kherkov » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:35 am

Bentus wrote:
Zgraja wrote:

I'm actually thinking of making my own version of the map at some point (discovered I need my laptop though rather than my tablet....which is sitting a couple thousand km away at the mo) in a style similar to this. I should be able to put in mountains and the like if people want them...

I spy Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Karelia, France, Spain... some of the Baltic nations...

Very nice. I've seen a few tutorials on reddit for how to do that sorta thing. Unfortunately they need Photoshop, which I don't have.
Last edited by Kherkov on Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Thu Jul 02, 2015 8:46 am

Kherkov wrote:
Bentus wrote:

I spy Norway, Sweden, Finland, Iceland, Karelia, France, Spain... some of the Baltic nations...

Very nice. I've seen a few tutorials on reddit for how to do that sorta thing. Unfortunately they need Photoshop, which I don't have.

Same ;) I use gimp and inkscape, which are free. But it does mean you've got to use some trial and error with the tutorials.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Kherkov
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Kherkov » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:22 am

Bentus wrote:
Kherkov wrote:

Same ;) I use gimp and inkscape, which are free. But it does mean you've got to use some trial and error with the tutorials.

Saying that, a tutorial went up on /r/worldbuilding today detailing how to do it on GIMP.

Bentus
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Bentus » Thu Jul 02, 2015 9:23 am

Kherkov wrote:
Bentus wrote:

Saying that, a tutorial went up on /r/worldbuilding today detailing how to do it on GIMP.

Oooohhhhh. I'll check it out.
- - Bentus
- -
1 2 3 >4< 5
Possible threat.
At peace.

Vredlandia
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Vredlandia » Thu Jul 02, 2015 10:34 am

The heat makes me extremely lazy right now, but I'll not be here on the weekend, so I will post soon.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse