NATION

PASSWORD

2055: Ain't What it Used to Be[IC/MANY NATIONS OPEN]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!
Of The Rnclave
Powerbroker

Founded: May 22, 2014
Ex-Nation

2055: Ain't What it Used to Be[IC/MANY NATIONS OPEN]

Postby Of The Rnclave » Thu Jun 11, 2015 1:49 pm

Ain't What it Used to Be: 2055

"The future ain't what it used to be." - Yogi Berra

OP: Myself
Co-OPs: Cymrea , Kelmet, Mesrane

Welcome to the Ain't What it Used to Be: 2055 Nation RP

[align=center]
Welcome to the year 2055. The past forty years have been eventful, to say the least. The darker days of the 21st century are behind the world, and it seems that the new order that arose out of the ashes of the old has stabilized enough. Who knows how long this will last? Who knows when the next crisis will strike?

The crisis of the early 21st century began with the Great Recession of 2008. The Recession weakened the entire global economy, but just as it seemed to be sputtering back to life in the late 2010s, another crisis hit. The "petrodollar" system, negotiated by the United States and the various OPEC currencies, was destroyed when OPEC declared a second oil embargo against the United States and the rest of the West in 2017. This was done as a result of the United States being less dependent on OPEC oil thanks to an increase in domestic production, resulting in the US becoming a direct competitor to OPEC and the American government gradually supporting Israel more in the various conflicts against the chaos that has engulfed its neighbors (including Egypt). The United States dollar spiraled into massive inflation, destroying the American economy overnight.

It was not long before unrest began. Riots by the desperate and hungry spread throughout the country. Politicians seemed incapable of doing anything, as both Democratic and Republican parties pandered to the more extreme wings of their parties. As government, on the local, state and federal level, cracked down on the unrest, the people cried tyranny and demanded a rollback on the "police state." By 2020, after President Biden refused to run for office, and the Republican Party was too splintered to successfully rally around a candidate. In the end, it didn't matter, because the presidential election would be canceled due to the Texas Crisis. Tensions between Texas and the United States had been brewing since the late 2000s, but the final nail in the coffin was when Texas National Guard refused to allow American military into the state as part of a training exercise. When the National Guard attempted to arrest American soldiers crossing over the border, fighting broke out between the two groups. When the governor of Texas refused to order the National Guard to stop, and an attempt was made by FBI to arrest him, Texas declared itself independent from the Union, on the grounds that the federal government had violated Texas' constitutional rights.

The fall of the American hegemony had interesting effects on the rest of the world. NATO, the old one, was powerless, and soon Europe found itself fighting against a very bold, very old, Vladimir Putin. Fighting was limited to the Baltics, Belarus and Ukraine, and never went nuclear. While the Russians ultimately lost the Eurasian War[3], it was no walk in the park for the European governments either - the collapse of the US hurt the Euro, and the massive war expenditures killed it. The Euro, and then the European Union itself, broke up, with the various European powers creating regional blocs. In the meanwhile, Greece fell to a communist revolution. Go figure.

In China, tensions between the People's Republic and its neighbors reached a boiling point. Once the dollar collapsed, the CCP knew its days were numbered. In a fit of desperation, they decided that the best way to motivate the people (and keep their large male population distracted) was a short, clean war in the South China Sea. The Sino-Asian War did not turn out well for the Chinese. After a failed invasion into Vietnam[4] and the destruction of the Chinese navy at the hands of Japan and South Korea, the People's Republic eventually fell to internal unrest. The war had cut China off from all imports, destroying its economy and causing more problems than it hoped to solve with a short war. A second Republic of China was declared by defecting PLAN revolutionaries in Beijing in 2028, and by 2032, they had the entire country under their control.

The Middle East powder keg exploded, and after the dust settled, Israel was the big winner. The Saudi-Iranian "cold war" became hot, after the Saudi royal family was overthrown by an Islamist revolt, supported by the Islamic State, which the Iranians sought to stop. Israel joined the fray after the Islamic State attacked it in retaliation for giving covert support to the Iranians (the lesser of two evils, in Tel Aviv's eyes), and the Israelis showed the Islamic State exactly why the older Arab governments did not want to mess with them. While the Islamic State did succeed in destroying the Islamic Republic of Iran, they merely paved the way for Israeli dominance of the region.

Here's a brief outline of what is below:
-1- A description of the RP
-2- A map of the RP
-3- IC, UNGA, UNSC, Alliance threads, meetings/conferences, etc
-4- A list of countries and their players(Roster)
-5- Applications for Key Powers( Ex. US, Germany and France, England and Russia )
-6- Applications for regular nations
-7- The Rule of the RP
-8- Announcements

The 2055 Nation RP: Ain't What it Used to Be

WiP

Below is the official map of this RP. It shows major powers (with or without players) and nations belonging to players. This map will be updated as often as possible.

Map:

Links:
IC thread: Coming Soon
UN thread: Coming Soon

Roster:
Here's a list of the nations and their players. This is not a list of the only countries allowed to be played.

Accepted Nations:

The Federal National Republic of Quebec Bolovia

The Union of Scandinavian Republics Vykantis

Restored German Empire Princess Kenny

Pan-Asian Coalition Kelmet

Second Republic of China Soviet Chernarus

The Balkan Union Renetopia

United Kingdom of Great Britain and Ireland Cymrea

Second American Republic Of The Rnclave

Reserved:

South Asian Union Thingy ( Japan and United Korea ) Kelmet

Turkey Mesrane

Canada KSP

Russia Lingria

New England Area The Union of Courland

New SEATO [Philippines, Malaysia, Singapore, and Vietnam] The New Byzantine II

Terrorist/Rebel/Insurgent Groups

Ultra Nationalist-Quebec Order Bolovia

The Rising Sun Movement The New Byzantine II

Corporations

Phalanx Corp Republic of Cristo

The Skoda Words Plzen

Petrochem International Arasaka

Rules:

Timescale:
In this RP, I will be generally directing the timescale, although you are welcome to help out with that in the game. Because of the nature of the way RPs like this work, a single day can elapse over countless posts, or a single post can advance the timeline by a month. All that is asked is that no-one advance the timeline unreasonably. By this I mean that if two nations are at a conference and are engaging in discussions, some other player can't make a post that takes place a week in the future. That being said, try to keep such conferences to a minimum in order to keep the timeline moving. And be aware of the limitations that exist in communication technologies at this time.

Waging War:
Any conflict that is started must be waged reasonably and realistically. This is still the Twenty First Century people! Troops are constantly hampered by the technological limitations of the day, which I will go into more detail about below:

Technology:
Understanding the limitations of your nation's technology is important. Make sure that you play according to that technology.

Know How to Lose:
This is the biggest problem I see in RPs, and I have no doubt that some dummy will cause this issue at some point. In every battle, at every second, every side tries to describe some heroic definitive victory move, a "checkmate" if you will, that causes their army to emerge victorious. This results in an incredibly childish back-and-forth and makes the game un-enjoyable. if you are losing due to decisions made earlier on, then for god's sake lose! Don't try to make up some bullcrap about a single unit of soldiers that manages to survive and win the day, that's not how real war works. Now, I'm not saying that occasionally, in certain circumstances, definitive heroics aren't allowed. If I catch anyone breaking this simple rule of integrity in a major way, there will be one warning, followed by out-the-door.

Meta-Gaming:
This is the last point I need to make. What is meta-gaming? Well, when the British start thinking about negotiating a takeover of Mexico, and suddenly Mexico boosts it's military numbers way up and is put on high alert, that's meta-gaming: because Mexico couldn't possibly know exactly what the British were thinking. This is unacceptable. Also, you must declare espionage before you commit it, (either on the OOC or IC) you can't just say that you committed espionage and knew the enemy's plans after you had decimated their entire army.

Announcements:
IC thread is up!

That is all
What don't you understand? I CAN'T DIE!
As if that gives you an excuse to live.

Smoke the Meth Bobby. Smoke it All

Me lookin' hella swaggy
DragonBall Super Trailer#1

Princess Kenny
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Princess Kenny » Thu Jun 11, 2015 2:13 pm

GERMAN EMPIRE
PROLOUGE: THE HISTORY

Germany, the heart of Europe. Perhaps still, but forever changed by history. The years flew by, the EU dominated European politics, it seem like the world wouldn't end. But, it did. As events began to unfold across the Atlantic; the United States of America, the world would soon be taken by storm. The US made unwise decisions, threatening everyone. The first way of German history was threatened with the embargo from OPEC and the spiraling collapse of the United States of America. As the US plunged into its fate, the world was terrorized in the loss of the world's greatest superpower. After recently approving a order of neutrality in the situation in the US, Germany attempted to undergo peacekeeping missions despite of this, but with the UN failing to revolve around a solution,the plans soon collapsed.

Upon the American collapse, every treaty with the nation began to fall apart, the US lost control over several territories, and her influence began to fall which had been strategically placed on her allies. Just then, the North Atlantic Treaty Organization began to erode, with many member states fighting for their own interests, several began to broke away, with the loss of purpose within the alliance. Controversy was among to leave NATO, especially in southern regions such as Bavaria. Once NATO was dissolved, Germany was left isolated. Although the EU may had been another hope, once the dollar reach its collapsed, the most recognized currency rippled shock waves throughout the global economy. The Euro rapidly began to experience a loss in value, a meeting was held in Berlin to discuss the future of the EU, but it achieved little, with several member states refusing to the agreement. Greece and other debt-induced nations refused the offer, as it would threaten them further. Unwilling to meet Greek demands, seeing their threat to the EU, Germany attempted diplomatic missions with other countries, yet, with the EU incredibly fragile since the fall of the US, it soon collapsed after a few small adjustments. UK, Italy, Spain, Greece, and finally France all left the EU after experiencing economical turn downs, hoping to recover without it.

Many lost jobs and the political situation became confused, and riots were common to establish a new German state, while others wanted to regain a better economical stance. Mass-industrialization occurred to stabilize the economy, although working at first, the demand grew higher, especially without a definitive currency in such a rushed situation. This slowly developed the German economy though, and it appeared that it was working with the rising German GDP, but the German currency fell into a pit of inflation beyond control after attempting to stimulate the economy, prices skyrocketed. Products from China also ceased to exist, giving one last crippling blow to the economy.

The Government abdicated after a attempted economical takeover of Dutch ports, the short invasion of the Netherlands would soon show the world that Europe had once again turned into a bloody battlefield. Nationalistic eyes grew border, without a government to suppress them, and little hope among the people. With the constitution ceasing to exist, a temporary German government was established by the military, similair to the one before. However, it was incredibly unpopular with its decisions and laws, the Hamburg protests begun, leaving many dead on the streets, an erie shadow descended across Germany. Rebel factions grew in a more power hungry stance, and soon, Bavaria declared independence under the command of the "Bavarian Hand Front". The BHF had been active since the collapse of the EU, radicals were common in the crippling Germany. And in Germany itself, it went through a series of revolutions, after fighting a brief civil war, the military was disbanded after a coup, and many generals and government officials killed.

Nationalistic parties took power after marching in Berlin, and establishing themselves. With a more desperate Germany as the economic situation worsened beyond imagination, it made radical reforms, and a new constitution. Bavaria was swiftly annexed. The government established a militaristic stance, with the German industry failing, the last remainder of it was used to build a massive military, with well pay and training surprisingly. This saw a brief period of recovery, yet, it failed when the prices of German exports changed dramatically, smashing the fragile economy after a series of embargoes due to aggressive foreign politics.

The government quickly went through a series of leadership changes as chaos slowly returned. In a last effort to maintain a strong Germany, the "Union Act" was established, re-founding the German Empire, with no monarchy, of course, which would unite the population. In a swift move to take the important industrial regions of Western Poland, Germany swiftly invaded the weakened Polish state. German troops entered Warsaw shortly after, and Prussian territories were gained, with occupation of Poland until further notice, seizing resources. Also integrated the regions of Memel and Kalingrad with the fall of Russia. Alsace-Lorraine was annexed following the French civil war, as well with other regions, re-founding the territories of the empire. With the price of total ecenomic failure, the empire was threatened to break up, especially with French advancements, but despite the economical crisis, it managed to stay together nationally. Alsace-Lorraine went through a series of French occupations, but was held strong by militia, as the world cleared from the smoke, Germany gained the upper-hand, and peace as agreed to. At the price of being militarily and economically damaged for a long time, far beyond any other nation.

Now, being a few years since all of this, Germany is rapidly recovering, yet further behind then any other nation. Current goals are to stabilize and rebuild the economy, which despite its GDP, is fragile and weak, and to re-establish the German military, to protect Germany from foreign powers.
★ Roleplays★

Arasaka
Secretary

Founded: Mar 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Arasaka » Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:29 pm

Howard Murchison slammed his fist down on his desk in frustration.The six advisers seated around his office flinched at the uncharacteristic demonstration of rage and frustration from a man renown for his calm pragmatism. "Dammit, I could build a fire the size of this building with the resume's and references in this room and not one of you bastards can offer any suggestions as to how to deal with this situation." He leaned over the desk. "Let's go over it one more time," he snapped.

"Sir, we've been going over it night and day for a week. Unless a white knight shows up this company is finished. We just can't afford to keep running. You know how far down the hole we've sunk since twenty-two. We've got to sell those assets, piecemeal or in bulk, to the first bidders, whether or not they want to preserve the structure of our corporation." Another aide spoke. "I've been on the phone since Thursday. There isn't going to be any white knight. No group with the pull to bail us out is interested in a restructuring. They all think our goose is cooked. Anyway, most of the other old corporations and investment groups are as screwed up as we are right now."

Murchison chuckled dryly and turned to look out the corner window. Manhattan sprawled out before him, dark and wet. Rain ran in rivulets down the glass. A sea of shimmering lights, except for the water. A sigh. "No friends in business, only allies of convenience. That's what they taught me. I guess these are inconvenient times."

The intercom on Murchison's desk beeped. Murchison touched the line open button. His secretary's voice spoke out. She sounded cool and calm. She's not worried about the corporation, Murchison thought to himself. Good secretaries are hard to find. She'll still be working somewhere long after I and all my well dressed friends here are ashes littered on the path of corporate progress. "A Mr. Powers here to see you sir. He says you've been expecting him, but he doesn't have an appointment." Christ, Murchison thought. I knew it would come to this, I just hoped it wouldn't be so soon.

"Send him in, Margaret. I've been expecting Mr. Powers for some time. Some time indeed." The intercom clicked off. Murchison waived off the aides. "Take five, boys I'll call you if I need you. If you don't hear from me within twenty-four hours start photocopying your resume's 'cause it'll all be over." The six men filed glumly out of the office. Murchison watched them go and then he turned back to the window and watched winter rage over New York. Only six years ago we were one of the biggest, most solid corporations on the face of the Earth. Within a day we'll probably be just a memory. Awry thought struck him. So much for the factory warranties on all our products. Murchison reached deep into his jacket pocket for the little packet he had bought that afternoon. Slowly, he tore it open. Not for ten years. I guess this is as good a time as any to start again. He put one of the cigarettes into his mouth, lit it and inhaled. A spasm of coughing shook him before his lungs settled down. The next puff went in and out without a hitch. Just like the last one, when his late wife had made him quit.

Murchison heard the office door swing quietly open, followed by muted footsteps on the carpet. He waited a few seconds before he acknowledged the sounds. "Hello, Mr. Powers."

"Howard, Howard, always so formal. Call me Colin, like you used to." Murchison turned around and looked at the man who had once been his protege. At six foot three, Powers towered over his old mentor. Broad shoulders filled out his double-breasted grey silk suit. His hair was slicked back into a tight pony tail. A cipher-lock briefcase hung at his side. Even though it was dim in the office Powers wore wraparound glasses, hiding eyes Murchison knew to be flinty and cold.

"Have a seat, Powers."

"Why, thank you, Howie." Powers took a seat in one of the recently vacated chairs and set the briefcase on the floor beside him. "Now I know you're a busy man, so I'll get straight to the point. You're finished, Howie. Your corporation is dead. Almost half of your holdings have been sold off at bargain basement prices. Your sales have plummeted. Your people are rioting because they've been laid off. It doesn't look good. Do you want to know what your problem is?"

For the first time in two hours Murchison dropped into his seat. "Why don't you educate me, Colin?" Only sarcasm kept the edge of exhaustion out of the words.

"It's the times, Howard. Your company is a victim of the times, and its own inertia. It's 2033, time to abandon that 20s thinking. The old methods don't work any more. There were two ways to exist after 2022, Howard, as a victim or a predator. You and the rest of the board here didn't have what it takes to be a predator in the twenties. You were too humane, too rational..." then with spite, "too soft." Powers stood and walked around the office, fingering the various pieces of art and memorabilia which Murchison had collected over the years. He paused when he got to a particularly fine piece of jade, carved in the shape of a stylized tiger. He picked it up and scrutinized it. "Beautiful. Early Ch'ing dynasty. Seventeenth century." He looked up at Murchison. "Priceless, yes?" Murchison declined to answer.

Powers continued his examination of the piece, strolling over to the office's hearth where the waning glow of a fire permitted him to see better. "You see, Howard, the twentyfirst century will require a new philosophy. The days of regulation are over. The governments have ceased to be a factor since the twenty-two crash. The corporations have become the law, and will continue to remain so, answering only to themselves and each other. The only groups surviving out there..." he gestured out the window "...are the ones who have exploited this new order by becoming ruthless and efficient. The survivors are the ones who will do anything it takes to further their goals. Fight, buy, kill, scavenge..." he dropped the tiger. It shattered into dust on the flagstones of the hearth. Murchison flinched "Destroy anything without remorse." Powers strolled over to the desk and leaned across it. Murchison saw his own face reflected in the mirrored wraparound glasses, distorted into a compressed parody of itself. "Howard, your undoing was your ethics. Your board was soft, complacent, merciful. Your corporation became a victim. Now you're at the mercy of others, waiting for a savior or sinner to buy you out and let you reorganize your assets or take you apart piece by piece." Powers paused, and then, grinning like a shark "Well, here I am."

"Back off Powers," Murchison snapped," I know who you represent. The Berliner Industrie Kapital Gruppe, the Berlin Industrial Investment Group. Goddamned vultures and murderers. I won't sell out to you. I knew when you left to join them that you'd be back to haunt me." Murchison blew a stream of smoke into Powers' face. "I don't know where you went bad, Colin, but it sickens me that I ever liked you. Or trusted you."

Powers laughed through the smoke. "There are those pesky morals again, Howie. I warned you about them. As for the smoke..." he removed the mirror shades, revealing two silver orbs where grey eyes once were..."they're artificial. See at night, never get irritated. One of the benefits of working for the Kapital Gruppe. They own several of the front runners in cybernetic development, you know." The wraparounds went back into place and Powers reached for his briefcase. "I'll be blunt, Howard. Its already too late for you to save your conglomerate, even just from us. We've had our sights set on you for several years. Most of those holdings and subsidiaries you thought you sold off to diverse buyers really went to us. They're all doing quite well, now, by the way, except for the ones we've cannibalized. As for stock, earlier today my associates persuaded several of your associates on the board to part with their interests in the corporation in return for...fair payment. You're the only one left." Powers pulled a document from his briefcase and handed it to Murchison. This contract here will tender your share of this corporation's stock to my group in return for a fair sum of money. All you need do is sign on the proverbial dotted line."

"Forget it, Powers. I still own a major chunk of this company, and I intend to use that influence to thwart you and your employers however I can."

"Bad plan, Howie. Let me explain how the New Corporate Methodology works." Powers took a Sony DVD player from his briefcase, pressed play and set it in front of Murchison. The screen flickered into life. Murchison's hands clenched convulsively into fists. A young woman was tied into a chair, wearing a narrow blindfold. Behind her was a featureless grey wall. A hand holding that day's New York Times extended from the right of the screen. Powers reached over and turned the unit off. "Yup, your daughter, and heiress to your portfolio. Now, she hasn't been harmed, and she won't be, although I'm afraid her fiance got in the way of our men and had a fatal accident. She doesn't even know why or by whom she's being held. Help her out. Just sign the papers and call it a deal and she's free."

Murchison slumped, beaten. "Bastard. How do I know you'll release her if I sign?" Powers smiled. "Howard, I said survival required ruthlessness, not waste. She can't identify anyone. It would be an unnecessary risk to harm her if you comply with our wishes. Besides, she is very obviously pregnant. We're not that cruel, at least not needlessly. Be forewarned, however, that we will be watching you. Any attempt to make public this incident or to inform the authorities will result in severe repercussions against your family and friends." Powers pulled a small cellular phone from his briefcase. "Before you sign would you like to speak to your daughter and confirm her condition?"

Murchison shook his head. "I know you Powers. I'm quite sure you wouldn't kill her before I sign." He pulled a pen from his pocket and looked ruefully up at Powers. Then, wordlessly, he reached for the document and signed it without reading. He had no doubts that it was nothing more than what Colin Powers had said it was. He handed the signed contract back to his nemesis. Powers tore a page loose from the bottom and handed it back to Murchison. "Your copy. Always keep a receipt." Then, as Murchison cradled his head in his hands. "Don't take it so hard. Your daughter will be free within an hour and tomorrow morning several million dollars will be transferred to your Swiss bank account. Well, so much for business. Join me for a drink?" Murchison shook his head. Powers smiled again, and returned the papers and the DVD to his attache case. "In that case, have a pleasant evening. Your daughter will be at your house in one hour." That sharkish grin again. "Remember, that New Methodology." He strode out of the room and closed the door behind him.

Murchison took a last pull on his still smoldering cigarette and realized that it had burned down to the filter. Looking around, he realized that he no longer had an ashtray. Idiot, he thought. He ground the stub out on his copy of the sale contract. Then he clicked the intercom. "Margaret, draw two weeks pay for yourself and call it a night. We're finished here. For good." He clicked off before he heard a reply. Slowly, he started gathering his personal possessions. Twenty minutes later he was in his car, pulling out of the parking garage.

As Murchison drove along the street on which his luxurious upper east side flat was he noticed a figure hunched on the front steps of the building. As he drew closer, he saw that it was his daughter, alive and apparently unharmed. The tension left his body in a wave, and he began to chuckle, and then to laugh. He was still laughing when, as he pulled up in front of his building, his car exploded violently.

A block away, Powers put the radio detonator back into the pocket in his briefcase. For a few moments he watched the fire, the flames reflecting on the glasses he still wore. Then he leaned up to the chauffeur. "Kennedy airport, Bill. No big hurry." As the limousine got rolling he pulled out the small cellular phone he'd had in Murchison's office and punched one of the preset buttons. A voice answered in German. Powers spoke into it in English. "All business completed mein herr. The American conglomerate is now fully in your control." Behind him, on the steps of the apartment, Murchison's daughter, fatally injured in the blast, went into premature labor. The twin babies survived.

Of course, this isn't the "official" story. The Berlin Investment Group would /never/ commit such a horrible atrocity for a hostile takeover of IEC.
Last edited by Arasaka on Thu Jun 11, 2015 3:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:18 pm

Chapter One: A Prosperous Time

Havana, Presidential Square
President Carlos Hierro strode out onto his balcony, the shiny medals on his chest jumping up and down with ever step. The day was beautiful. Clear skies, comfortable weather, and a large crowd gathered in the square below. The guards on either side of him were solemn faced, as they were supposed to be. Though, you could hardly even see their faces behind their full face shields, making them appear like something out of Star Wars rather than the real world. This technology contrasted everything else around them, from the 18th Century buildings to the 80s Woodland Camouflage that adorned their bodies. If they weren't so menacing looking, it might have been comical. Clearing his throat once before stepping up to the podium and microphone, Carlos began "People of Cuba! It has been 15 years today since I was first elected! 15 years of prosperity for all! Now, I know that events around the world might be troubling, but have no fears, the Guard will protect you. This is what I've come to speak to you today about, The Guard. As you all know, the Guard's numbers have been steadily decreasing over the years, from the once grand size of 250,000, now to a little over 10,000. This is unacceptable!" The anger crept into his voice with the last sentence, his face turning near beat red "I ask that every male from the age of 16 through 30, and who is currently unemployed, register with either the Naval or Infantry Guard by next week. Those who do not will be faced with severe consequences. That will be all. Long live Cuba!" with the last word, the middle aged President turned sharply on his heal, walking back in the Palace. Boos could be clearly heard from the square, but were quickly silenced with a few beatings and even a couple of gun shots. It was good to be President...

Jungles of Eastern Cuba

Cesar Mendez sat behind his desk, a map of Cuban troop movements placed out in front of him. He was not a tall man, barely 5'8", but he was built like a tank. His better friends even called him The Gorilla, partially due to his size, and partially due to his long, unkempt hair from the years in the jungle. Since the Nationalists had taken control years earlier, his father, and now himself, had fought them. They were part of the resistance group, known only as Castro's Knights, fighting for the few Communist supporters still scattered throughout the nation. Checking his watch one last time, Carlos stood up. It was time.

A Few Hours Later
Cesar gripped the AKM in his hands. For a century old gun it still preformed greatly, sometimes better than the newest weapons. Now was not the time to think of this, though, he had a job to do. Looking down the embankment he had set up position on, he saw the first headlights coming from the east, weaving through the dirt road that snaked through the dense jungle. Breaking radio contact for only a moment, he said "Fox 1 ready"

Sergeant Jimenez was jamming out. Even though he was the driver of the lead truck in such a large convoy, he had not a care in the world. Just The Eagles on his radio and the road in front of him. For an old American band they were damn good. Having memorized the song, he sang along in the next verse "Take it Easy, Take it Easy. Don't let the sound of your own wheels make you cra-" his singing was cut short, as was his life, when the RPG struck the cab...

Cesar, and the rest of his 20 man team, charged the convoy, massacring the Cuban defenders. Almost as quickly as it began, it ended, with 29 Cubans soldiers dead, and 12 crates of weapons and ammo secured for the Rebellion.
Last Edited By George S. Patton on December 21, 1945 edited 3 times in total

Pro: Mixed Market Economies, Education, Guns but with some common sense restrictions, UBI, Literally Actual Civil Rights
Neutral: Democrats, UN, NATO
Anti: Republicanism, Performative Allyship, Terrorism, North Korea, Trump, Clinton, Fascism, Authoritarianism in any form
Male, 18, Like a Hick, but also very Leftist
Economic Left/Right: -7.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33
INTJ Personality "The Architect"
Deramen wrote:Cause if anything im a MOTHERFUCKING T-REX!

Creative Director for The Pub

Republic of the Cristo
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of the Cristo » Thu Jun 11, 2015 5:56 pm

\

Dezmond strode on his podium in the conference. Behind him stand a soldier dressed in the "Future soldier armor". In front of him sit nearly a hundred reporters, foreign diplomats, and military personnel. " ladies and gentlemen, Phalanx has been working for years on this project. It was scrapped in 2012 due to a lack of funds by the world governments, but we began it once again three years ago. We have managed to not only rebuild it's original design, but to make it even better! Our soldiers will now be able to survive more situations of even higher intensity. Today, every defense force in the world is now able to purchase... "Future soldier armor"!" The soldier steps forward and the crowd cheers.

"He has been retro fitted with 4cm thick hard plastic armor, perfect for reflecting shrapnel. Underneath that he possesses a light wieght heavy ballistics vest. This vest can take at point black range up to ten 7.62 nato rounds. This armor is also present on the legs, arms, and shoulders. His helmet encompasses the entire head in a hard plastic covering. The face plate is made of flexible and no shatter bullet proof plastic. It can take a 357. at point blank range. With the face plate, a HUD can be displayed. This HUD shows the users current position via satellite map. It will outline any other friendly user with a light blue shade that can be seen through most solid objects. This should help to reduce friendly fire in the future. A built in radio is also present in the helmet. In the back of the helmet are two small oxygen canisters. If a chemical attack were to occur or if the soldier were to be submersed in water, they would be activated immedieantly and provide up to three minutes of oxygen. All of the capabilities are activated either by voice command or through eye movements. The gloves are tough and durable." The soldier pulls out are large knife and attempts to slice his hand. Nothing is cut. " When you hit the back of the gloves forcefully, they may act a Taser."

Dezmond smiled once again. " With this new technology open on the military market, we will save thousands of lives in any future combat we may have. Please, look not on this suit as a weapon of war, rather, as a wall of defense. Thank you." With that, he proceeded off the stage as a barrage of questions were thrown at him. The price of the suit was place up on the screen behind the podium. 500 thousand dollars for a complete suit.

( Somewhere in Japan...)

The Phalanx owned smugglers were lying in the forests alone and waiting. With them was 100 military shekel full auto rifles, 10 matador rocket launchers, and over 60 pounds of C4. They were waiting for their Japanese buyers to arrive.
Last edited by Republic of the Cristo on Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Orthodox Christian, Nationalist, Reactionary, Stoic

(2 Kings 2:23-25): you won't be dissappointed

The Union of Courland
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 20, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Union of Courland » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:34 pm

Federal Republic of New England, January 3rd, 2055:

"I do solemnly swear that I will faithfully execute the Office of President of New England, and will to the best of my Ability, preserve, protect and defend the Constitution of the Federal Republic." The crowd erupted into cheers as President Charlotte Clinton was sworn into office, the 9th President of New England. Having recently turned 40, and being born in Manhattan, New York City, she was eligible to run for President, and won in a landslide victory for the New England Republican Party, unlike her parents, who were staunch democrats. President Clinton was the third Clinton to serve as President of America or New England, and those who did not support her jokingly called her family the "Clinton Dynasty". Still, most of the people of New England thought highly of her. She had entered the race promising to continue the build-up of the military and to raise New England's standing on the world stage. And at a time many people worried that New England would merge with America, President Charlotte promised that as long as she was President, such a thing would never happen. Born with a silver tongue, people flocked to hear her speeches and her powerful voice moved the nation. On Election Day, millions of people voted for Charlotte in the most one-sided vote in New England history. Now, Charlotte had the weight of an entire nation on her shoulders, and immediately after she was sworn in, she was transported to the Presidential Palace, and swarmed with political advisers, all asking her to solve their problems. After Charlotte got fed up, she stood up and shouted "ENOUGH! One at a time, please!". The advisers all stood back and shut up. She pointed at a man in a military uniform. "You. What's your problem?". He stepped forwards and saluted, introducing himself. "General Shawn Peterson of the New England Armed Forces, Ma'am. I just need you to verify that we can continue the expansion of the military". The President gave him a face, then replied with "What did I say during my campaign, General?". The General blinked and swallowed. "That you'd continue the expansion of the military no matter what?". The President smiled at him. "Exactly! So consider that my official yes". Next, she pointed to a man in a business suit, and told him to step forward and present. "The name's Franco. I represent the Trade Association of New England. We want to step up trade between New England and the rest of the world. It'd help the economy for sure, and more people would have jobs. What do you think?". The President nodded. "Of course. In fact, I'll commission the construction of 5 new Cargo ships. That should be enough for now. You, in the lab coat, step forwards". A young man in a lab coat stepped forwards, adjusting his glasses and speaking with a clear voice. "Hello, I'm the Head Scientist of the New England Government Science Advancement Division, or NEGSAD. Recently, we've been flirting with the idea of starting up a space program, but we need your authorization to do so. New England already has a couple of satellites in orbit, but nothing serious. I mean, one's owned by GPS. What we want to do short-term is to launch a fleet of satellites into orbit, and they would do a variety of tasks. In the long term, we would focus on putting manned expeditions on the Moon and Mars, possibly setting up small mining outposts on these bodies. You can see how mining up moon materials and ores would prove beneficial to both the advancement of scientific knowledge and the industry". The President nodded. "Of course. I've dabbled in science myself, and I can definitely see the benefit. You have my okay to expand the space program".

Portsmouth Ship Yard, Portsmouth, State of Maine, Federal Republic of New England:
The shipyard churned into motion, workers scrambled, getting ready to build the hull of a massive ship. It was the most ambitious project ever initiated by New England, and it would be the Navy's crown jewel. A supercarrier, the NENS Boston. Once finished, the NENS Boston could hold enough planes to decimate a small country, and would be able to travel around the world, fueled by a massive nuclear reactor. In other shipyards like Portsmouth, another battleship, 2 more Destroyers, and 4 Independence-class ships are being built to accompany the NENS Boston. Combined, the small fleet will be called the New England First Expeditionary Fleet.
This is the law of the jungle,
As old and as true as the sky,
The wolf that shall keep it may prosper,
But the wolf that shall break it must die,
As the creeper that girdles the tree trunk,
The law runneth forwards and back,
For the strength of the pack is the wolf,
And the strength of a wolf is the pack.
-Unknown

Nurse Redheart is best pony.
Proud Supporter of Luna and the New Lunar Republic. Down with the Tyrant Celestia! If you support the Solar Empire, TG me.
Sanabel wrote:I control the Holy See with its transvestite pope who identifies as an ogre.

The New Greek Republic wrote:What's red and bad for your teeth?
A brick.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Thu Jun 11, 2015 6:56 pm

Secret Škoda Vyskum Laboratory, 150 meters underground, ten kilometers northwest of Kutná Hora, Czech Republic

The facility overseer was monitoring the progress on the newest model of the Škoda tanks - the LT vz. '55. Following the increasing mechanization of the world's forces, Škoda has realized a greater need for anti-armour weaponry. The LT vz. '55 was being designed to incorporate as many as possible, without compromising armour.

The engineers were hard at work. The prototypes were as of yet not fundamentally different from the LT vz. '53 and many months of continued research would be necessary to meet the specifications decreed by the Board of Directors.

Unfortunately, constraints on space were both severe and real. The Czech Republic was highly populous and this facility was a secret one.

If a secret facility had to hide in populated regions, it had to be small.

The engineers did not have much space to toy around with.

"We've got to get a Siberian facility," muttered the facility overseer. He'd be sure to mention it the next time he met his superiors.

Škoda headquarters, commercial district, Plzeň, Czech Republic

Kateřina Novotná was growing increasingly restless. There was just one week until the big day! They absolutely had to keep everything tightly covered, lest the Volkswagen group start preparing for what she intended to do.

A hostile takeover of Škoda Auto in one day. She intended for the Škoda Works to abruptly start offering double the current stock prices for Škoda Auto stocks. Not many shareholders would be able to resist that kind of money. In one day, they would seize control of the company.

With Škoda Auto, her empire would be complete.

Arasaka
Secretary

Founded: Mar 05, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Arasaka » Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:00 pm

XOMA PHARMACEUTICALS* MONTHLY DESIGNER COMBAT DRUG AND CHEMICAL GUIDE
*A subsidiary of Petrochem

BRAND NEW PRODUCTS!

Lapazole LM
$10 per "dosage" (Buying in bulk of 100 gives a 10% discount)
This drug infuses the user with energy and pleasure and aggression all at the same time. Troops who use it before combat enjoy the killing and display an energy, aggression, and resistance to pain and shock that is frightening. Unfortunately, troops who ran out of enemy before the drug's effects wore off tended display extreme agitation as they looked for a means to vent the aggression and energy created by the drug. This led the soldiers in some test units to attack each other. Side effects include physiological addiction, paranoia, and delusions. Aggressive behavior is not a side effect of this drug so much as it is a desired effect.

Triphetamine
$5 per package of 10 (Buying in bulk of 500+ gives a 10% discount)
Blue, Triangular tablets that fill the user with an incredible energy, nearly double that of regular combat issued amphetamines. Though we are legally required to warn you this drug is highly psychologically addictive.

Trauma-1
$50 for 10 syrettes (Buying in bulk of 50+ gives a 10% discount)
This drug is usually administered by non-medical personnel, or even the patient himself, as stabilization is always a better course of action. Though when you really need it, Trauma 1 will certainly let you walk on through whatever horrendous wound you just suffered.
Last edited by Arasaka on Thu Jun 11, 2015 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Republic of the Cristo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of the Cristo » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:14 pm

( California department)

The California department of Phalanx Corp. Has deployed four different construction teams across the state to begin construction on four nuclear fusion plants across the state. Their locations are as follows. Los Angeles, San Francisco, Sacramento, Fresno. Expected completion time is 2-4 years.

( outskirts of Dublin, Ireland)

A Phalanx owned smuggler looked out the window of his warehouse, looking for his approaching contact. He held a very precious and... dangerous cargo inside the building.

( Phalanx Paris HQ)

The Phalanx European director ( Javier Rafael) had sent the Skoda corporation board of directors a request of mutual co-operation in future endeavors. Such endeavors held over a wide range of market possibilities. He had received notice to wait for their representative to arrive to their Paris HQ with in two weeks. That time was now up. He sat on the black revolving chair in his long conference room. Three more indivuals sit at his sides. One is a financer, another is the director of computer production, while the other is one a small arms research and design director. They have been waiting for 5 minutes in anticipation of the Skoda representative...

Bolovia
Negotiator

Founded: Jul 07, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bolovia » Thu Jun 11, 2015 10:52 pm

Chpt 1: The Rise of the Cross
Quebec Parliament, Quebec City
... that these Anglophones pose a threat to the entire stability of the country!
Senator Felipe Meuse continued his fiery hate rant from the bowels of the Parliament chamber,
A half a million Anglophones, they are nothing more than parasites waiting to start an insurgency, insurrection or become influenced by foreigners like the Canadians or English themselves! We asked where their loyalty lies and most pointed back at the Crown in London or that whore dog in Ontario!
The Parliament was filled with cheers and here here's, an uproar the likes of which some journalists have never seen. This hate speech did fuel the fires of the Cross Party members, the conservatives didn't mind but the Liberals and English Minority Party were enraged and infuriated at this display of blatant ignorance. Senator Mathews of the Liberal Party stood up, some clapped for his bold stance.
Are you suggesting that we kill off the remaining Anglophones? And become a target by the International community?!, boos and shouts of disgust at the accusation filled the floor.
No, we are not Dogs! Senator Dubois stood up,
But they are! The Parliament was once again filled with uproars of approval of the comment, some shouting boo towards the comment. Senator Mathews continued,
Listen! They are not the sole root of Quebecs problems', NO! All we have to blame, is the American Dollar! shouts from the floor ensued in agreement.
The Avarice of the Americans is what placed us in the precarious position that we are in, that our world finds itself in. It was not the Anglophones who made the dollar collapse, it was... Senator Duvalier interrupted Mathews,
It was the Yanks!, he yelled while waving his finger in the air. The floor erupted once more into an uproar. Duvalier took over the floor,
Those bloody yanks, with their avarice and wasteless spending, borrowing money that the couldn't pay back to begin with, and now will never pay back! the crowd again went wild. Mathews planted his face in his hands in disgust. He couldn't hear any more of this, these fools blaming others for their problems trying so desperately to find a scapegoat. They acted as if the world owed them everything. Mathews solemnly walked out of the chambers as the shouting ensued behind him. He walked outside of the building to meet an angry crowd of some 500 Ultra-Nationalist Quebecois protester shouting and hurling insults,
Theres Mathews!! That Anglophone pig politician!, items were being tossed at him and the Riot police didn't stop them from throwing the objects. He walked briskly over to his car where he found the tires slashed, his doors keyed, and two parking fines. He sighed and silently began to shed tears whilst the shouting was heard in the background.

President's Office, Quebec City
Officers positioned themselves in defensive postures in front of the President's Office, an Anglophone rally was being held and was heavily guarded by the Police. These demonstrations happened yearly and served to only increase in size every time they assemble, although non-violent in nature they tend to taunt and provoke Police which have lead to police brutality in some cases in the past 5 years. The new fad was a sit in right in front of the President's Office shouting slogans, and some holding picket signs demanding that President Pierre resign. The Officers idly watched as the group continued their demonstration, the Police departments strategy was to keep the Ultra-Nationalist Rally as far away from the Anglophone demonstrations as possible as to avoid the eruption of sectarian violence which has now become a national epidemic.
Pierre watched from his 8th floor office window, watching, observing the behavior of the Anglophone demonstrators. He was passively getting agitated at the sight of them polluting the streets in front of his office. Yes the Chief of Police and Minister of the Interior estimated there to be some 1500 demonstrators in the streets below. He looked over his shoulders and began to speak to both men,
Gentlemen, these protesters are increasing in number and the way I see it is that they are going the camp outside this office tonight, tomorrow, perhaps the day after as well. De Gaulle you know what to do, disperse them. I'm going to issue Executive Order 10 which allows the Police force to use any force necessary to disperse "peacefully", he did the quotation marks with his hands as well then he spoke in a tad bit more sinister voice, I don't care what you have to do or how much you have to do it with, I don't care of any casualties and especially don't give a damn about the consequence. Do what you have to do and get them outta here, understood?
Yes sir!

The Officers received the orders over their radios, all at once giving an eerie feeling for the demonstrators. A truck pulled up with a tarp over the back and once it parked the tarp was aggressively tugged off and out came 30 Riot Control Officers. The formed 3 lines with their riot shields and batons out and ready. The Captain of the Police Force stood on the truck and spoke into a megaphone,
Please disperse immediately or excessive force will be used. The demonstrators, which now numbered 1700 were chanting "No,No, No,No!". He gave the nod, and tear gas flew into the crowds. The loud thunderous pops of the canisters frightened the demonstrators, as the gas spewed out the crowd was screaming with terror. The riot group equipped themselves with gas masks and the Captain yelled charge in French. All 30 officers charged in and mercilessly beat those who were on the ground gagging and gasping for air.

Rubber bullets were being launched at the crowds in an attempt to force them to run in a certain direction. As the gas began to clear up Pierre viewed the street below; it was riddled with a few bodies and tons of blood. A man was twitching near a lamppost while another attempted to crawl to the side walk and out of the street leaving a trail of smeared blood. Pierre grinned, his Minister of the Interior walked beside him,
I hope you know what this means.
I'm well aware, but what happened is done now. I cannot reverse the past. Are the Paramilitary ready?
Yes sir, Regiment 6,13,17,and 21 are camped near the borders of Ontario. They are awaiting your orders, sir. All preparations are complete, this group is equipped with 30 artillery pieces, 10 BM-21 Grads, 40 BMP-3's, 4 T-90's, and 4 Mil Mi-24's. This force is ready to assault Ottawa sir.
Pierre grinned,
Before we go through with Operation Christened, assemble the Cabinet for an emergency meeting, I'll have to address Parliament as well. Quebec is going to show the world the power of its resolve.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:11 am

Republic of the Cristo wrote:( Phalanx Paris HQ)

The Phalanx European director ( Javier Rafael) had sent the Skoda corporation board of directors a request of mutual co-operation in future endeavors. Such endeavors held over a wide range of market possibilities. He had received notice to wait for their representative to arrive to their Paris HQ with in two weeks. That time was now up. He sat on the black revolving chair in his long conference room. Three more indivuals sit at his sides. One is a financer, another is the director of computer production, while the other is one a small arms research and design director. They have been waiting for 5 minutes in anticipation of the Skoda representative...

Skoda's delegation was much smaller. It consisted of only two representatives. To the left stood Johann Schmidt, a German man of considerable intellect who led general affairs of the Škoda Works in Region 1. He offered his arm in a handshake to the European Director of the Phalanx Corporation.

To the right stood a much smaller woman. She offered no introductions, nor did she offer a handshake. Only her visitor's tag - labelled "Charlotte Rynsburger" - offered any clue to who she was. A much less confident person, she nonetheless led Škoda Vyzkum's Research and Development Division.

Hidden besides the smile and handshakes of Director Schmidt, she was almost unnoticeable.

"Johann Schmidt, Director of Region 1," the German man finally spoke, "I look forward to hearing the details of your offer."

The delegation waited for Director Rafael's response.

The New Byzantine II
Minister

Founded: May 05, 2015
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The New Byzantine II » Fri Jun 12, 2015 8:22 am

The Rising Sun MovementImage

The Occupation - Streets of Tokyo
City of Tokyo
Tokyo, Japan

"Dansei, josei, wakamono. Watashitachiha, Nihon kokuseki o kakusage kono iwayuru hason han'ajia seiken to tatakau tame ni koko ni imasu. Kono seido wa, subete no nihonjin ni wa aikokushin o motte imasen! Watashitachiha, raijingusan no ugoki wa, nihonjin no aikokushin o motte imasu! Wareware wa saigo no saigomade tatakau koto ni narimasu! Aikokushin to nashonarizumu no tame ni! Nihon e no eikō!" the man's speech which feels patriotism & nationalism to the supporters and protesters of the Rising Sun Movement and downgraded the Pan-Asian regime.

The supporters and demonstrators of the Rising Sun Movement occupied the highway and the streets of Tokyo which blocked the way. The Japanese police have sometimes engaged the protesters while the protesters fight back, there were few casualties and many of the protesters were arrested. The reason why the Rising Sun Movement occupied the highway and the streets of Tokyo? To end the Pan-Asian regime in Japan and to create the imperialistic nationalist Japan; the Rising Sun movements protesters who occupied the highway and streets of Tokyo will not leave until the government stands down.

The Phalanx Corp's Weapon Aid
Somewhere in Japan..

In the forests in Japan's countryside, the Japanese rebels led by Commander Hiraiko arrived in the destination which they meet the employees of Phalanx Corporation.

"Is that them, sir?" a rebel asked Commander Hiraiko. "Yes, they must be waiting for us." the commander replied.

The commander and the rebels dismounted on their vehicle. "Konnichiwa, comrades!" said the commander to the employees, some of the rebels waved at them.
Formerly The New Byzantine. Your typical NationStates member since late 2014.
Just call me Byzantine/TNB/Byz because no one really calls me The New Byzantine.

Left-wing nationalist, civic nationalist and a social democratic corporatist.

Kumbhalgarh wrote:Shwetang teleported out of the car. He teleported behind of the teacher, and poked a stick into his/her butt, and then Shwetang teleported back.

Republic of the Cristo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of the Cristo » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:04 am

( Somewhere in Japan...)

The smugglers saw the japs waving at them. The lead smuggler just nodded. He approached what appeared to be the leader of the group. In his hands, he fold a 3 pairs of keys. "Back there are three semi trucks full of the shipment waiting." He said with an obvious Australian accent. " Now, as for our payment?"

( Phalanx Paris HQ)

"Bonjur Mr. Schmidt" Rafael began. " I am sure that your travel here was well?"

After the usual small talk...

Rafael was once again seated, and was no facing the Skoda reps on the other side of the table. " Now, as I am sure you are aware, I was given instructions to contact you, so that we may begin to co-operate on projects in the future. I have two of my department head researchers here. Mr. Adolfo Benatoli." He motioned to a dark haired man siting to his left. " Whom is in charge of our armaments research and design team. And then we have Mrs. Joana Gates." He motioned to the short, blond haired women to his right. " Whom is in charge of our computer production department. I have been given instructions from WAY on high, to discuss with you the idea of a "Mechanized Warrior"."

( New York City)

Dezmond stood in front of a microphone on the stage. Behind him was a large glass wall, on which intricate designs were being displayed of the wonders currently in their galaxy. In the crowd this time, where over a two hundred people. They were made up of Scientists, foreign diplomats, tech moguls, and
And even some of the cast of Star Trek " The next, next generation".

" Ladies and Gentlemen." Dezmond began. " In the last few decades, we have seen every single space program in the world close down due to economic troubles. This caused us to prolong our journey to the stars by decades! Thankfully however, Phalanx Corp. has for the last ten years been researching and modeling designs for outer space travel, habitation, and production! We now have all the knowledge needed to recreate a meaningful and efficient space program! Unlike the former ones possessed by governments though, ours will be one of not only profit in knowledge, but of monetary profit as well. Once we ascertain the needed funds and produce the equipment needed, we will send a rocket, fit with a habitation facility on it. The rocket will then detach from the habitation facility where it will then float to the asteroid of our design. The facility will make contact with the asteroid, and begin a mining operation on the asteroid. All materials will be sent back via the shotgun effect and will be picked up by Phalanx officials. All we need in order for this dream to become a reality, if funding. The total project will cost five billion dollars. We have already spent five hundred million on it thus far, but we need more support. So, for what ever percentage you donate to said project, that is how much you will receive back in terms of profit from the mission. With all the resources of space open to us, why would you not want to take advantage of this?" With those words, Dezmond walked off stage.

Renetopia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 08, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Renetopia » Fri Jun 12, 2015 10:56 am

Bucharest, Romania, The Balkan Union

A total of 66 Council representatives, as well as countless reporters, guards and politicians who had nothing better to do then simply stay around and watch, were looking at the president. "OK, so what? Two hundred pairs of eyes watching me and criticizing every word I'm about to say? Heh, piece of cake.", Nikola Altus thought to himself sarcastically.

This will be the first United Council meeting since the full establishment of the BU, and also Altus' first formal duty as president since he was elected only a week ago. Everything that is said today will go down in history. Every decision he and the council members make will effect the entire future of the Balkan Union and everyone in it. President Altus calmed himself down and stepped up to the podium. Everyone in the room applauded. He was a very popular and liked persona in the country, which is why he was elected in the first place.

The United Council of the Balkan Federation

There are several issues that need to be resolved so he prepared an entire list. This is going to be one hell of a meeting. Firstly, the very drafting of the constitution. Issues concerning how much autonomy do the states in the Union have. Too much and they might secede. Not enough and ethnic violence might occur. Also a controversial issue regarding Montenegro as a state. Since it has a population of less than one million, many Serbian politicians suggested to the president that Serbia and Montenegro should unite into one entity which would be a mini federation within a larger federation. Montenegrin politicians are, of course, extremely against this, even the ones of Serbian ethnicity. It would also mean a whole revision of administration within the country, as a similar problem would occur in Kosovo, Romania and Bosnia.

Romanian politicians are suggesting that Moldova, a relatively poor and weak country, be given the opportunity to peacefully join the BU. Romanian politicians of Hungarian ethnicity also gave a proposal of giving the same opportunity to Hungary and Cyprus. However, no one believes the Hungarians would want to join a country of "constantly-fighting hillbillies", as most of the western world sees the Balkans. And while Greek Cypriot leaders have taken an interest in a possible alliance and maybe something more, Cyprus is very close to Turkey and has a large Turkish population in the north which probably wants to be a part of Turkey rather than the BU. Finally, the issue of foreign relations concerning what will the BU's relations be like with larger and more powerful countries. And does Turkey, a regional superpower right next door, pose a threat to the BU's flimsy stability and its ideas of expansionism? Or is it a possible strong ally and trade partner?

"Well," president Altus thought, "it'll be solved soon enough." As the cameras started rolling and the council members started taking notes, the president officially began the meeting.

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:02 am

"Bonjur Mr. Schmidt" Rafael began. " I am sure that your travel here was well?"

After the usual small talk...

Rafael was once again seated, and was no facing the Skoda reps on the other side of the table. " Now, as I am sure you are aware, I was given instructions to contact you, so that we may begin to co-operate on projects in the future. I have two of my department head researchers here. Mr. Adolfo Benatoli." He motioned to a dark haired man siting to his left. " Whom is in charge of our armaments research and design team. And then we have Mrs. Joana Gates." He motioned to the short, blond haired women to his right. " Whom is in charge of our computer production department. I have been given instructions from WAY on high, to discuss with you the idea of a "Mechanized Warrior"."

"You understand, I hope," began Director Schmidt, "that Skoda's expertise on mechanized suits are really highly limited. The idea of a mechanized warrior is one we've been pondering for some time as well. Please tell us what sort of help you are expecting from Skoda, as our knowledge in this area is very limited."

He paused for a minute as he prepared his next words.

"Skoda has a collaborative suggestion to the Phalanx Corps as well. It occurs to us that the Phalanx Corp possesses advanced expertise on urban warfare, while we possess expertise on motorized vehicles. You have no doubt heard of our armored car, the Tančík vz. '51. We are working on its replacement. Although the Tančík is versatile and highly mobile, it lacks the adaptability for prolonged urban combat. Thus, we would like your cooperation in the development of our next model, so that both of our companies can gain a general purpose armored car, suitable for combat on any roaded terrain with unmatched mobility."

The director waited for the Phalanx representatives' response.

Republic of the Cristo
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Republic of the Cristo » Fri Jun 12, 2015 11:20 am

( Phalanx Paris HQ)

Rafael continued. " We were hoping that you could help in the construction and installment of a power source for the suit. We would be willing to provide some of our computer techs in this process. We would also ask you to produce and design the armor for the suit."

" As for your urban tank ideas, here is what we suggest. It would have to be around the size of a civilian truck. It would need to be relatively low lying. the tracks would have to be of a completely new generation; the treads would have to be easily separated from the tracks so that it may travel either on the treads or on wheels. The tank would have to be the fastest model ever built. The tracks would have to be separated into three different groups so as to travel over rubble. It would have to be a two to three man vehicle max. The entire top part of the vehicle would have to be doused in cameo so as not to be seen by air power. These are the initial ideas that must be looked out for, but I believe that through co-operating tech teams, we could produce such a vehicle."

Soviet Chernarus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 19, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Soviet Chernarus » Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:29 pm

Second Chinese Republic

Chapter 1: The Rise of a Republic

The collapse of the dollar. The Sino-Asian War. The Second Chinese Civil War. All of these events help shaped the Second Chinese Republic into what it is today. The 20s and 30s were years of instability, war, and violence, and they tipped the delicate balance of the world over. Every country on the globe experienced negative effects to their economy and government one way or another, with many countries resorting to fighting wars to secure their interests and resources. Nations banded together into regional blocs to protect themselves. Treaties, agreements, and alliances fell apart as nations grew more desperate. With the collapse of the dollar, the same could be said for the Chinese government, who knew that their days were numbered. Aiming to distract the population from China's internal troubles as well as to show them and the world that China could survive without the dollar, they planted a bomb in the Beijing Capital International Airport. It detonated, killing dozens and injuring many more. A man was caught, who "confessed" to having done the bombing. China "found" links to the Taiwanese government, and accused Taiwan of covertly funding terrorist groups in China to destabilize the country. This was their casus belli, and in 2020 China invaded Taiwan. With no US to come to Taiwan's aid, Japan and South Korea came to their stead. However, they were unable to provide much help to the beleaguered Taiwanese, who were overrun within 2 months. With Taiwan now secured, China turned to Vietnam, which would be an ideal base to secure and access the resource-rich South China Sea. In the Spratly Incident, named after the islands where the battle took place near, Chinese and Vietnamese had a stand-off, with casualties on both sides.

The subsequent Chinese invasion of Vietnam was a failure; while some of Northern Vietnam was secured in the first part of the invasion, Chinese offensives trying to seize Hanoi were repelled, and most of Southeast Asia sided with and rallied behind Vietnam, including India - however, they were dealing with their own problems and troops had to be deployed to the border with Pakistan, preventing any significant Indian aid to Vietnam. 2024 proved the turning point in the war, with the combined troops pushing back the Chinese slowly. In 2025, the conclusion to the naval battle raging on in the South China Sea ended in a total Chinese defeat, and in 2027 Japanese and South Korean troops landed in Taiwan. A year after the landing, Taiwan had become completely liberated and Chinese troops were pushed out of Vietnam. It wasn't until mid-2028 when PLAN revolutionaries and their supporters seized government buildings in Beijing, striking a peace with China's former enemies. The Civil War against the former government lead by the displaced Premier lasted between 2028 and 2032, resulting in a victory for the rebels and the declaration of the Second Chinese Republic. A constitution which would serve as the foundation for the new government was signed into effect in 2033.

In 2034 the Reconstruction Act was introduced and passed through Parliament, allowing the government to begin a process of reconstruction and to spend the money they needed to reconstruct it. Several crucial parts of the act were later revoked on the grounds of being unconstitutional by the Supreme Court, but by 2044 a decade after its implementation, 90% of the devastated regions designated by the Act were rebuilt, and millions got their homes back. The first half of the 40s were marked by events of terror, especially those conducted by the radical right wing Revolutionary Front. However, this was usually isolated incidents, appearing in the headlines of newspapers all across China for a week or so, before dying down. They had little, if any effect on China's growth, her economy, or stability. As foreign governments continued to invest in China, her economy quickly recovered. Predictions put by economic experts and analysts concluded that China's GDP would reach pre-Collapse levels by 2065 assuming the current growth rate remains constant. However, with China's recovery has also come problems.

The aging/aged workforce is a growing problem in China, and due to the One Child Policy the population has remained relatively constant in the last few years, increasing or decreasing by small amounts every year. In addition, a growing infertile population has contributed to this as well. Another issue China faces is carbon/fuel emissions, and while gas was rationed during the war, China is still one of the world's largest producers of it. However, in multiple programs initiated by the government in the mid-2040s, China has begun a push for more cleaner, greener energy and has set its sights on nuclear power. There is also the problem of Tibet and other regions who are pushing for more autonomy, and how to correctly handle it should a referendum be held that said that that the majority of the population vote for independence from China, although the government has said vaguely it only wishes to conduct the process in a peaceful and democratic way. These are only a few of the issues that continue to plague the country today.

Currently, China remains the second-largest economy in Asia, only topped by the Pan-Asian Coalition. China is preparing to attend the upcoming East Asia Summit, involving most if not all the governments of East Asia and Oceania, and also some other nations as well such as the Californian and Second American Republic as well. In the Summit the leaders will prepare to discuss a variety of issues, as well as the future of Asia.
Last edited by Soviet Chernarus on Fri Jun 12, 2015 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Princess Kenny
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Princess Kenny » Fri Jun 12, 2015 1:11 pm

GERMAN EMPIRE
CHAPTER 1: THE GRAND RECOVERY

Berlin, 5:32 PM

Germany, a nation now faced with challenges beyond the scope of humanity. Enduring catastrophe, the nation has only really started to recover in 2055, yet a grand wave of hope is indeed present, despite being incredibly economically unstable at the moment, Germany is the fastest to recover, which balance out the odds.

Nonetheless, it had to be faster, conflicts throughout the world were swift, and for Germany to maintain its interests, it had to express to the world that it was a force to be reckoned with, the world has been global since the start of the 21st century, there is no such thing as "none of your business" anymore, Germany can take up their business from North America to Japan, with German trade finally expanding past Europe. Which turns to the industry, the German industry has the potential of being a grand force, like it once was. And although material is still there, the majority of the factories are dismantled or outdated.

And there came the wrecking balls, the German economy was finally capable of managing itself, a huge success. The Rhineland was once the heart of the German industry, and it shalt be again. "Act 502" was approved by many, with a popular civilian support, having a large unemployment rate. This authorizes the replacement of German factories and industries with government control, the blueprints had been set long ago, factories were now beginning to build up high in huge numbers.

Yet, it may take a full year for the German industry to become on the scale it once was, in the meantime, to trade. German trade had been incredibly fragile, and crippled during the collapse of China and naval blockades. Germany overcasts a huge sphere of influence over neighbors, as for the sea though, Germany had focused on the North Sea and Baltic Sea, but with the industrial goods shaping up, it will now begin to expand. As will German ports, expand outward.

Unemployment still remained an issue, and although starting to be solved, it would prove too long for the millions out on the streets and unemployed, it posed too much of a strain on the economy. Currently, the government is working carefully to find a temporarily solution, such as construction for the factories, yet it will only go away until 2056 at best.

Politics wise, Germany was diplomatically isolated from the rest of the world. Most of the foreign affairs worked for stronger ties with Britain, and to remain aware, yet neutral of Russian affairs. But it could no longer resort to Europe, with new powers in China and America, Germany had to open itself up, and so it did. Yet, although nationalism was high in the German state, there was little support for war oncesoever, and with the world already caught up in a global conflict only a few decades ago, the new German power, would hope to insure this would never happen again. Keeping a close eye on global events to support (or forcefully implement) a peaceful solution, new attention drived towards Quebec especially, with unpredictable movements. As well as China, Russia, France, and all others.

Yet big words to not come with weak arms, and the German army, although stronger than those in 2015, was still relativity weak, and it would begin to revamp again. (Next post)
★ Roleplays★

Kelmet
Powerbroker

Founded: Dec 07, 2012
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Kelmet » Fri Jun 12, 2015 3:43 pm

East Asian Summit

To Insure that a conflict like the Sino-Asian War never again ravages Asia

Invited Nations
Potential Signatories
China
Pan-Asian Coalition (ofc)
New SEATO

Observers
Mongolia
Thailand
Australia
Brunei
Cambodia
India
Indonesia
Myanmar
New Zealand
Pakistan
East Timor
Papua New Guinea
Bangladesh
Second American Republic
Russia
Californian Republic

President Sochua, Speaking live on Pan Asian News
" Let me begin with saying that it is the honor of the Coalition to host this summit, I along with ever leader attending this summit hope that it will mean a sure and lasting peace in Asia. A peace that will secure the future of billions and make sure that war that has laid waste to so much, never does so again. Here in the Pan Asian Coalition we have been lucky in the darkest of day's we were able to take in the hunger, the poor and less fortunate. Here in the Coalition we have become a shining light in a world were darkness encroaches on all of us. In the name of the greater good we built a new society, a new way of thinking..... "

Official Communication Of the Pan Asian Coalition
TO: Phalanx Corp
We are impressed with your Corporations recent announcement of F.S Armor. We have tested it's capabilities on a few purchased models and believe we are ready for a full on contract to equip out entire Special Forces branch (45-50 thousand unites)

The Occupation - Streets of Tokyo
City of Tokyo
Tokyo, Japan

"Dansei, josei, wakamono. Watashitachiha, Nihon kokuseki o kakusage kono iwayuru hason han'ajia seiken to tatakau tame ni koko ni imasu. Kono seido wa, subete no nihonjin ni wa aikokushin o motte imasen! Watashitachiha, raijingusan no ugoki wa, nihonjin no aikokushin o motte imasu! Wareware wa saigo no saigomade tatakau koto ni narimasu! Aikokushin to nashonarizumu no tame ni! Nihon e no eikō!" the man's speech which feels patriotism & nationalism to the supporters and protesters of the Rising Sun Movement and downgraded the Pan-Asian regime.

The supporters and demonstrators of the Rising Sun Movement occupied the highway and the streets of Tokyo which blocked the way. The Japanese police have sometimes engaged the protesters while the protesters fight back, there were few casualties and many of the protesters were arrested. The reason why the Rising Sun Movement occupied the highway and the streets of Tokyo? To end the Pan-Asian regime in Japan and to create the imperialistic nationalist Japan; the Rising Sun movements protesters who occupied the highway and streets of Tokyo will not leave until the government stands down

Tokyo City hall
"Let me be clear the city government of Tokyo respects these peoples freedom to assembly and right to protest. However we cannot tolerate behavior that endangers the safety of the protesters and motorists that wish to simple go about there lives. Therefore we have set up an area at Shinjuku Gyoen (Biggest city park) were these protesters can demonstrate and not endanger their lives or others. IF these protesters refuse to move, then it becomes a matter of public safety and will be treated as such" - Mayor of Tokyo during a announcement from the steps of city hall.
Call me Kel
Captain US Army Intelligence

Co-OP and OP Experience

Plzen
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Plzen » Fri Jun 12, 2015 4:47 pm

Rafael continued. " We were hoping that you could help in the construction and installment of a power source for the suit. We would be willing to provide some of our computer techs in this process. We would also ask you to produce and design the armor for the suit."

" As for your urban tank ideas, here is what we suggest. It would have to be around the size of a civilian truck. It would need to be relatively low lying. the tracks would have to be of a completely new generation; the treads would have to be easily separated from the tracks so that it may travel either on the treads or on wheels. The tank would have to be the fastest model ever built. The tracks would have to be separated into three different groups so as to travel over rubble. It would have to be a two to three man vehicle max. The entire top part of the vehicle would have to be doused in cameo so as not to be seen by air power. These are the initial ideas that must be looked out for, but I believe that through co-operating tech teams, we could produce such a vehicle."

"Done," was Schmidt's final response. "Skoda will see to organizing those efforts immediately. As for your suggestions on the urban tank, yes. It can be done. Tančík vz. '51 is only one point five meters tall, so that isn't a problem. The treads... Combat replaceable treads are something which we do not at the moment have, but I'm sure it can be managed. The reason we offered the Tančík as the base model is because it is tiny. It is a one man vehicle covering two square meters of space. Adapting it shouldn't be that hard."

"I shall send the details of our agreement to upper management immediately. We will expect your engineers in Prague by the end of the week and you may expect ours in Paris by this Saturday."

New York Stock Exchange, New York City

It was a typical New York morning when a bright line of text suddenly and without warning started flashing on a large blue screen.

Skoda Works' bid for Skoda Auto (SKD): $127 per share

The giant conglomerate now moved to capture the last piece of it's puzzle. Nothing could stop them from seizing it now.

Showdown it was to be!

Australian Antarctica
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 04, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Australian Antarctica » Sat Jun 13, 2015 3:46 pm

Chapter Two: A Growing Storm

President Hierro looked over the reports his Minister of Defense had given him. Most outlined the current state of the military. Thankfully, it was improving greatly. They were still under equipped and trained, but getting better with each passing day. It was also substantially larger than he had let on, about 10x. They had to keep enlistment up somehow!

Readiness Report: First Quarter, 2055

Revolutionary Guard
    -102,000 Infantry

-75 MBTs

-2,000 AFVs

-100 SPGs

-275 Towed Heavy Artillery

-150 MLRS

Readiness Level: 2/5

Notes: With the pitiful state of the Nation's Infrastructure, we cannot deploy as quickly as needed. Recommend improving road and transportation systems.

Revolutionary Naval Forces
    -3,300 Sailors

-100 Naval Infantry

-13 Coastal Defense Craft

Readiness Level: 1/5

Notes: The Navy is beyond terrible. A lack of Training, Discipline, and Modern Equipment has left it a laughing stock. Recommend modernization and better training.

Revolutionary Air Corps
    -10,000 Airmen

-2,500 Support Staff

-20 MiG-29 "Fulcrum' Fighters

-30 MiG-23 "Flogger" Fighters/Trainers

-15 Mil Mi-24 Hind Helicopters

-3 An-26 "Curl" Transport Planes

-5 V-22 Osprey VTOL Aircraft

Readiness Level: 4/5

Notes: The Air Corps is still using outdated technology, but is still the best trained and one of the better equipped of the branches. The only downside is that the leadership does not try and work closely with the other Branches, which could lead to problems in a future conflict.

After finishing the first report, Hierro then went to the second file. This one was different entirely. This one outlined the plans to peacefully take Haiti and the Dominican Republic. The plan was simple really, send in a few Platoons to each country to act as 'Peacekeeping and Rebuilding Forces' then form a government uniting the Island under the Cuban flag. The troops were already in transit, and would arrive in a few hours. "Perfect" the President thought aloud "More land means more soldiers and workers, and that just means more power for me"

‎Port-au-Prince, Haiti
The streets looked like a warzone. Buildings were up in flames while bodies lined the streets. This was just an everyday occurrence in the once beautiful city though, for the nation had been under anarchy since the Collapse. Most nations were hit hard by the Collapse, but the poorer countries like Haiti and it's neighbor The Dominican Republic were hit especially hard. No more than a year into it, the nations who had previously struggled to hang on were in ruins. The small Haitian police force was quickly overrun as the riots for food grew larger and larger. The few UN peacekeepers who had been sent in to restore order were massacred and their bodies looted. Those weapons they had been using quickly found their way into the hands of criminals and civilians alike. Not long after did the nations really go to hell. Each city seemed to glow at night, burning from the constant fighting between factions. Some Cartels, some street gangs, some mercenaries, some just people trying to survive. It began to look like Somalia in the 90s.

This would not be much longer, at least if General Pedro Cuevas had anything to do about it. He and his 1,000 Men, 12 Tanks, 24 BMPs, and countless converted Pick-Ups had just arrived, part of Cuba's new "Helping Hand" policy. Nothing but a cover for the president's imperialistic goals he thought bitterly , but that was none of his business. He was a soldier, nothing more, nothing less. He would follow his orders, no matter what. The first thing the General did was enforce a curfew, no one out after dark or risk being shot. And shot those who tried were. In the first night alone, there were over 85 deaths, most looters.
Last Edited By George S. Patton on December 21, 1945 edited 3 times in total

Pro: Mixed Market Economies, Education, Guns but with some common sense restrictions, UBI, Literally Actual Civil Rights
Neutral: Democrats, UN, NATO
Anti: Republicanism, Performative Allyship, Terrorism, North Korea, Trump, Clinton, Fascism, Authoritarianism in any form
Male, 18, Like a Hick, but also very Leftist
Economic Left/Right: -7.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.33
INTJ Personality "The Architect"
Deramen wrote:Cause if anything im a MOTHERFUCKING T-REX!

Creative Director for The Pub

Domacria
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 27, 2014
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Domacria » Sun Jun 14, 2015 9:21 am

I want Germany, if not, give me Ireland, please.
Colossal modern island nation in the North Atlantic. Ruled by a compassionate yet slightly-unhinged king, with a very isolationist yet empathetic populace. Notable characteristics: terrifyingly mighty air force and navy, world famous cars, legendary blend of wildlife.

Flag created by the legendary Almonaster Nuevo.

NS stats are canon except for population; factbook started. Some things are my RL views, some things are not. If curious, feel free to telegram.

Princess Kenny
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Princess Kenny » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:51 am

GERMAN EMPIRE
CHAPTER 2: FROM THE ASHES

WIP
Last edited by Princess Kenny on Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
★ Roleplays★

Red Party
Senator

Founded: Nov 08, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Red Party » Sun Jun 14, 2015 11:52 am

3 Gang members where on a Irish train following a IRA member. The IRA member was sitting a few seats in front. When he got of the train in Dublin, the gang members quickly followed him. Each one being armed with a small pistol. Once they got on a empty street, the members pushed him into the alley and another one punched him in the forehead. The guy was quickly knocked out. The members quickly called for a gang car pickup. A black hummer showed up, they quickly put the body in the rank and drove off. The plan was to hold him for ransom.
does smoking kill? idk

Reatra
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 02, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Reatra » Sun Jun 14, 2015 1:56 pm

"Ever since we effectively stopped the Tijuana Cartel's operations in our territory, their rival, the Sinaloa Cartel, who'd been warring with them over routes to San Diego and into California proper, have expanded their operations in the peninsula... Now that we have begun to take out their main source of authority in Sonora... They've gotten more stubborn. Their "capital" in Sinaloa keeps providing troops from Chihuahua and Durango to fight us in Sonora..." General Carlos "Danny" Leon reported.
"I know all of this, Danny." President Riley Soto said.
"I know you know. What you don't know, or I think not, is exactly the caliber of the weapons we have to deal with in the war there."
"What sort of weapons...?"
"Exosuits, plastic assault rifles that are mass produced in the thousands for cheap, drones, basically almost what we have but cheaper." Danny said.
"Jesus Christ! What do we do?"
"I think... I think now is the time to unveil our project, Ry."
"You mean...? Shit... I guess so. I think you're right."
"Ry, that isn't it... We need to take out their source of power." Danny said.
"No, Danny, no. We'd have to level the who damn state to take them out."
"They still export sex slaves to San Diego! Riley, we have almost five hundred thousand cocaine addicts in Southern California. And there are shootouts everyday in Tijuana. We need to do something!, and what we are doing now doesn't cut it. We expanded our rails and highways into Baja, we've got three massive desalination plants there, we've tried to uplift the place out of its tradition of drug cartels, it isn't working! We need to take out the heart of the whole operation. We have unwittingly created a monster, a superpowered Sinaloa Cartel that operates from Los Angeles to Houston to Perú. If we can take out the capital state, killing the leaders in the process, we can turn this massive cartel into a series of tiny feuding ones. We don't even have to invade first, first we can take out so much of their leadership via drones that they're scared to come out at midnight!" Danny exclaimed.
Riley was quiet for a minute, and just as Danny opened his mouth to add something, the president responded.
"Alright, Danny. We'll start to train our infantry with the armor, making sure that everyman gets at least an exosuit, and we will get some drones out there. We know where they hide, at least vaguely, but we can't take out civilians. Hopefully we can destabilize their operation enough that an invasion wouldn't be too difficult."
"Alright, Ry."
"Jesus, Danny, this had better work. Go tell the engineers were giving them more funding for the armor."
"I will, I'll talk to you soon."

As Danny left the room, Riley was alone. He looked out the window to the beautiful skyline of his hometown, San Francisco. Sacramento was technically the capital of the country, but he was so often in San Francisco that the Congress often held their debates in "The City", and anyone wishing to meet with him knew where to find him, his huge home on top of San Bruno Mountain. He didn't usually do things that were similar to that of a despotic leader, but building his home was one of the few times. He decided, though, that he needed to talk to his friends in the Mojave. The rocket testing facilities there were slowly moving towards a man beyond low earth orbit. Riley was all about space exploration, something that had waned worldwide during the Crisis, and he wanted California to lead the world in it. So Riley got in his car, a forty year-old Volkswagen "Bug" that ran on Riley's own biofuel. Riley had once been the CEO of the most powerful biotech corporation in the world. He was the public head of the movement that turned California from a wasteful society whose homeland was slowly being turned to desert into a culture of ecology, conservation, balance, and general respect for the environment. Riley grew up in love with history, politics, and biology, and was able to use his skills and intelligence to build his company. He himself genetically engineered algae that was 99% oil, grew it anywhere he could (such as lakes, streams, abandoned swimming pools, anywhere), and sold the oil. With the metric tons of cash flowing in, he had the funds to try and use biology for other things. He made crops that had the yields that people of only a decade before dreamed of, he helped build the Green Wall of China during the last days of the People's Republic, a policy he wouldn't continue as President with the SRC. During the Megadrought, when the entire region began to turn into desert, he was there seeding forests around the Mojave Desert, planting deep-rooted grasses and roots to stop the shifting of sand dunes, and he even used his immense riches to build the first massive desalination plants and cover the central Mojave with solar panels. He always cared for his state. When the U.S. government decided that they wanted nothing to do with their little problem child, he stepped up as the leader of an ideology that can only be called "Californian Nationalist", and used his crops and the electricity from the Mojave Desert Solar Plants to build the first "vertical farms" in cities across the state. He helped fund the great Eureka-San Diego MagLev Rail, which as President he expanded to Cabo San Lucas. Jesus Christ he had done so much, he wouldn't let some Mexicans with guns get in his way! He drove down to the rail station and got in the next train. In an hour he was in the Mojave, and was soon to meet with his friend.

"Dario! How have you been?" Riley said, stepping out of the electric car.
"Great, Ry, great. How's running the country been?" Doctor Dario Montenegro said.
"Fuckin' stressful. Anyway, how's the testing going?"
"Well, getting better, we got some things in HEO, and permission from Ecuador for a geosynchronous station above the Galapagos. Hopefully by the end of the year we can have a rocket there and have it all ready to go by next February." Dario said.
"Great! I wonder how much it'd take to actually buy those islands..." Riley said.
"Probably not too much, their economy is failing and even if he forcefully took it they wouldn't be able to do anything."
"Huh. I'll think about it. Might send an offer, it's not like those islands attract tourists anymore!" Riley said.

The following few hours were mostly just talk. A few new plans were made, but really Riley just enjoyed his friend's company.
yee haw it's time for mass line

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse