NATION

PASSWORD

Pokemon: The Fall of Hoenn (OOC, OPEN)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 27, 2013
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Templar High Council » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:34 pm

New Jordslag wrote:Man- I am breezing through Crasher Wake's gym in Pokemon Platinum. Temp, I see now wht you like Shinx so much; I found one at level four on the first route, which is the highest level on that whole route, captured it, and trained it to the point where it demolished Fantina's strongest Pokemon- by that time as a Luxio.

It is no longer my Number 2 Pokemon, though; that honor goes to
Crobat, a former Zubat I caught in the Oreburgh mine and evolved with high friendship. It has such an assortment of dickish and trolling moves that it destroyed Mayleen's entire team. Almost entirely by itself, with a bit of help from Staravia.

And I use Staravia whenever I run into my rival, because it just trumps his strongest Pokemon by a mile. Then there's Bibarel, who has no function except to be an HM Slave.

No, I love Shinx because Luxray replaced my starter (Piplup, that was back when I loved Water types) somewhere in the mid-game. That role started with Eternia, then continued with Crasher Wake through Candice, and was solidified at Volkner. Yes, I used a Luxray to kill Volkner. It had Giga Impact and Hyper Beam. For the LOLs.

Bibarel's only use is as an HM Slave. That's what happens when you can learn 6-7 of the HMs in your region.

Osnil wrote:So if I used a picture of Barbossa for example. . . it wouldn't be a problem?

He's old. What kind of character are you going for?
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.
And 2015 Most Involved in P2TM? On a roll now!
----->Founder of The Council of the Multiverse community.<-----

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 20, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Mon Jun 22, 2015 3:55 pm

The Templar High Council wrote:
New Jordslag wrote:Man- I am breezing through Crasher Wake's gym in Pokemon Platinum. Temp, I see now wht you like Shinx so much; I found one at level four on the first route, which is the highest level on that whole route, captured it, and trained it to the point where it demolished Fantina's strongest Pokemon- by that time as a Luxio.

Crobat, a former Zubat I caught in the Oreburgh mine and evolved with high friendship. It has such an assortment of dickish and trolling moves that it destroyed Mayleen's entire team. Almost entirely by itself, with a bit of help from Staravia.

And I use Staravia whenever I run into my rival, because it just trumps his strongest Pokemon by a mile. Then there's Bibarel, who has no function except to be an HM Slave.

No, I love Shinx because Luxray replaced my starter (Piplup, that was back when I loved Water types) somewhere in the mid-game. That role started with Eternia, then continued with Crasher Wake through Candice, and was solidified at Volkner. Yes, I used a Luxray to kill Volkner. It had Giga Impact and Hyper Beam. For the LOLs.

Bibarel's only use is as an HM Slave. That's what happens when you can learn 6-7 of the HMs in your region.

Osnil wrote:So if I used a picture of Barbossa for example. . . it wouldn't be a problem?

You know, I sometimes wonder if Bibarel used to be different, but then some vengeful Programmer who had a feud with another one made it possible for the other Programmer's creation to learn most of the HMs, thus making gamers only see his potential for HMs.

Not likely, but it would be a cool Backstory.
My favorite games are the Pokemon Games. Shoot me a TG if you want to talk about them.
Don't worry! It's all just a tall tale, okay?
Favorite Ecchi Fan of Lith and Self-Proclaimed Pokemon King of NS.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
New Jordslag wrote:Then we can have another New York. No such thing as too many New Yorks.

And somewhere in New York, Big Jim P gets a cold shudder down his spine.

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:42 pm

Hey guys- guess who just caused his Luxio to evolve into a Luxray and then bought it Hyper Beam and Thunder at the Department Store?

This guy.

And now I just crushed his team. Ah, Hyper Beam. Best buy I ever made.
Last edited by New Jordslag on Mon Jun 22, 2015 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My favorite games are the Pokemon Games. Shoot me a TG if you want to talk about them.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:
New Jordslag wrote:Then we can have another New York. No such thing as too many New Yorks.

Corvus Metallum
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 29, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Corvus Metallum » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:51 pm

Luxray has always been one of my favorite Pokemon, but, as with prior games in the franchise, I never took the time to unleash its full potential on the gyms and other NPCs...and likely won't get a chance to do so for a while because I don't have a DS....or any of the Sinnoh games. That, and on the EoS I would always get Shinx on the personality quiz and proceed to steam roll through most of the game up until the player and his partner get sucked into the future. :unsure:
Last edited by Corvus Metallum on Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:54 pm

Corvus Metallum wrote:Luxray has always been one of my favorite Pokemon, but, as with prior games in the franchise, I never took the time to unleash its full potential on the gyms and other NPCs...and likely won't get a chance to do so for a while because I don't have a DS....or any of the Sinnoh games. That, and on the EoS I would always get Shinx on the personality quiz and proceed to steam roll through most of the game up until the player and his partner get sucked into the future. :unsure:

EoS?
They call me Temp. If I take too long to respond, just TG me. Or TG me whenever, I'm online 90% of the time.
Anime God of P2TM, Last of Lithianity, Bro to All, & P2TM's Villain in Glasses. Kacheen!
2014 P2TM Lifetime Achievement Award Winner. During my first year on NS. Go figure.

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Mon Jun 22, 2015 7:54 pm

Corvus Metallum wrote:Luxray has always been one of my favorite Pokemon, but, as with prior games in the franchise, I never took the time to unleash its full potential on the gyms and other NPCs...and likely won't get a chance to do so for a while because I don't have a DS....or any of the Sinnoh games. That, and on the EoS I would always get Shinx on the personality quiz and proceed to steam roll through most of the game up until the player and his partner get sucked into the future. :unsure:

EoS?

Explorers of Sky. One of the Mystery Dungeon games.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:00 pm

Camicon wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:EoS?

Explorers of Sky. One of the Mystery Dungeon games.

Thank you. I forgot.

Corvus Metallum
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Corvus Metallum » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:33 pm

Camicon wrote:Explorers of Sky. One of the Mystery Dungeon games.

Thank you. I forgot.

Yup. Honestly my favorite out of the Mystery Dungeon games. :p

The Templar High Council
Post Marshal

Postby The Templar High Council » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:41 pm

Corvus Metallum wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:Thank you. I forgot.

Yup. Honestly my favorite out of the Mystery Dungeon games. :p

I only played one. I think it was Explorers of Time, if not it was Red Rescue Team.

Corvus Metallum
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Corvus Metallum » Mon Jun 22, 2015 8:56 pm

Corvus Metallum wrote:Yup. Honestly my favorite out of the Mystery Dungeon games. :p

I only played one. I think it was Explorers of Time, if not it was Red Rescue Team.

I have EoT, but no DS since I've had to borrow my brother's and he lost it recently. Red Rescue Team was so much fun...and then someone stole my fucking GBA with the game in it. :unsure:

On a different note, does anyone have a character open that they'd like to bug Kay with?

Camicon
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 26, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Camicon » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:26 pm

Corvus Metallum wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:I only played one. I think it was Explorers of Time, if not it was Red Rescue Team.

I have EoT, but no DS since I've had to borrow my brother's and he lost it recently. Red Rescue Team was so much fun...and then someone stole my fucking GBA with the game in it. :unsure:

On a different note, does anyone have a character open that they'd like to bug Kay with?

I could, if you like. Not tonight though.
Hey/They
Active since May, 2009
Country of glowing hearts, and patrons of the arts
Help me out
Star spangled madness, united sadness
Count me out
The Trews, Under The Sun
No human is more human than any other. - Lieutenant-General Roméo Antonius Dallaire
Don't shine for swine. - Metric, Soft Rock Star
Love is hell. Hell is love. Hell is asking to be loved. - Emily Haines and the Soft Skeleton, Detective Daughter

Why (Male) Rape Is Hilarious [because it has to be]

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Founded: May 17, 2014
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Mon Jun 22, 2015 9:31 pm

New Jordslag wrote:Hey guys- guess who just caused his Luxio to evolve into a Luxray and then bought it Hyper Beam and Thunder at the Department Store?

This guy.

It won't be that useful though, as Luxray is a physical attacker.
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:38 am

Corvus Metallum wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:I only played one. I think it was Explorers of Time, if not it was Red Rescue Team.

I actually still have both Red Rescue Team and a functioning gameboy. I also have Mystery Dungeon: GoI for the 3DS.

And I'll have Eleanor bug you.

Finland SSR wrote:
New Jordslag wrote:Hey guys- guess who just caused his Luxio to evolve into a Luxray and then bought it Hyper Beam and Thunder at the Department Store?

This guy.

It won't be that useful though, as Luxray is a physical attacker.

My Pastoria Gym Badge says otherwise.
Last edited by New Jordslag on Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:01 am

New Jordslag wrote:
Corvus Metallum wrote:I have EoT, but no DS since I've had to borrow my brother's and he lost it recently. Red Rescue Team was so much fun...and then someone stole my fucking GBA with the game in it. :unsure:

I actually still have both Red Rescue Team and a functioning gamevoy. I also have Mystery Dungeon: GoI for the 3DS.

And you can bug Eleanor.

Finland SSR wrote:It won't be that useful though, as Luxray is a physical attacker.

My Pastoria Gym Badge says otherwise.

Wait until you reach people like Volkner.
I have a severe case of addiction to writing. At least 3k words every day is my fix.

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Osnil
Negotiator

Founded: Dec 12, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Osnil » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:12 am

He'd be like a sailor who decided to join the Resistance.

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:27 am

Osnil wrote:
The Templar High Council wrote:No, I love Shinx because Luxray replaced my starter (Piplup, that was back when I loved Water types) somewhere in the mid-game. That role started with Eternia, then continued with Crasher Wake through Candice, and was solidified at Volkner. Yes, I used a Luxray to kill Volkner. It had Giga Impact and Hyper Beam. For the LOLs.

He'd be like a sailor who decided to join the Resistance.

So like Mr. Briney.

Well, I see no problem with it.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

Osnil
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Osnil » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:32 am

New Jordslag wrote:
Osnil wrote:He'd be like a sailor who decided to join the Resistance.

So like Mr. Briney.

Well, I see no problem with it.

Yay!

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:45 am

Jord, why do I constantly have to wait >24 hours for a reply?

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:59 am

Finland SSR wrote:Jord, why do I constantly have to wait >24 hours for a reply?

Look, Fin. I have things to do in the real world. Luckily for you, I finished up, and was about to post a reply when you posted this.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

Finland SSR
Post Marshal

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Finland SSR » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:06 am

New Jordslag wrote:
Finland SSR wrote:Jord, why do I constantly have to wait >24 hours for a reply?

Look, Fin. I have things to do in the real world. Luckily for you, I finished up, and was about to post a reply when you posted this.

What's "real world"?

Read my RWBY fanfiction!

Osnil
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Osnil » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:18 am

Finland SSR wrote:
New Jordslag wrote:Look, Fin. I have things to do in the real world. Luckily for you, I finished up, and was about to post a reply when you posted this.

What's "real world"?

Yes, explain this facinating new concept to us.

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:19 am

Osnil wrote:
Finland SSR wrote:What's "real world"?

Yes, explain this facinating new concept to us.

Osnil, please.

Finland SSR wrote:
New Jordslag wrote:Look, Fin. I have things to do in the real world. Luckily for you, I finished up, and was about to post a reply when you posted this.

What's "real world"?

The world you exiled yourself from when you posted that.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

Corvus Metallum
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Corvus Metallum » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:24 am

Can't tell if people are being sarcastic or legit right now....

Has anyone else ever had a moment when you want to post something, but at the same time want to do something else that doesn't involve typing words on a screen?

Osnil
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Osnil » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:28 am

New Jordslag wrote:
Osnil wrote:Yes, explain this facinating new concept to us.

Osnil, please.

I was kidding. . .

New Jordslag
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby New Jordslag » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:01 am

Writing a post now, Fin.
Yumyumsuppertime wrote:

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse