NATION

PASSWORD

Postapocalyptia | OOC [Apps Closed]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Illan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:13 pm

@Galdius:

I skimmed over the Dropouts, and it certainly seems that they and the Skyfallen share a sort of principle to themselves. However, the Dropouts seem a bit....reckless and renegade compared to my guys, who have a sort of government happening with them.

In all honesty, I'm not sure about how they would feel towards each other. I would like the Skyfallen to have an ally, aside from the Great Khan ship-city.
Last edited by Illan on Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Above even The Boss
Feel free to contact me about any fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise futuristic RPs, especially those involving aliens or other non-humans, especially if it is an original universe/idea. I also enjoy Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and many other things that transit to roleplays.

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Founded: Feb 17, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:24 pm

Illan wrote:@Galdius:

I skimmed over the Dropouts, and it certainly seems that they and the Skyfallen share a sort of principle to themselves. However, the Dropouts seem a bit....reckless and renegade compared to my guys, who have a sort of government happening with them.

In all honesty, I'm not sure about how they would feel towards each other. I would like the Skyfallen to have an ally, aside from the Great Khan ship-city.

I... honestly like the Skyfallen more than the Dropoouts :P

The Traveling City is a must see

-nodnod of approval-

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:30 pm

Mincaldenteans wrote:

-nodnod of approval-

Hey, the Gouge-Tongues, are they cool?
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?
In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." The City's gone,
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder, and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:36 pm

Transoxthraxia wrote:
Mincaldenteans wrote:

-nodnod of approval-

Hey, the Gouge-Tongues, are they cool?

I knew I forgot one, yes, they're fine -nodnod- ^_^

Transoxthraxia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Jan 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Transoxthraxia » Mon Jun 08, 2015 8:43 pm

Sludge: King of the Gouge-Tongues. (The Loudest Silence you'll ever feel!)

Sludge, the current commander of the Gouge-Tongues and the self-styled "King of the Gouge-Tongues", is the oldest member of the Gouge-Tongues and the last remaining founding Clansman. Approaching the age of fifty five, Sludge has assumed more or less a despotic hold on the Gouge-Tongues, either diplomatically edging out the competition or slaughtering them with his giant hammer. He is mute, having had his tongue ripped out of his mouth by a bunch of nomadic raiders, and harbours immense anger towards all bandits for it, and treats any captured enemies from raids with immense cruelty, often playing "dodge the grenade" and "run, bitches!" with captives. Despite his age and inability to speak, he often leads Gouge-Tongue raids personally. He has his own personal rig, which he takes great pride in.
Where must we go, we who wander this wasteland, in search for our better selves?
In Egypt's sandy silence, all alone,
Stands a gigantic Leg, which far off throws
The only shadow that the Desert knows:—
"I am great OZYMANDIAS," saith the stone,
"The King of Kings; this mighty City shows
"The wonders of my hand." The City's gone,
Nought but the Leg remaining to disclose
The site of this forgotten Babylon.

We wonder, and some Hunter may express
Wonder like ours, when thro' the wilderness
Where London stood, holding the Wolf in chace,
He meets some fragment huge, and stops to guess
What powerful but unrecorded race
Once dwelt in that annihilated place.
The Nuclear Fist wrote:Transoxthraxia confirmed for shit taste

Vancon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 01, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:42 pm

App below, and below that there will be the app in the code format for your ease. Also, during my Bio and reason, I have started hinting at a few bits of flora and some nomadic tribes. I'll see about fleshing them out at a later date.

Name: Hamad Kir, Son of Shahad Kir, but read oppositely, i.e. Kir Hamas. He also has dropped the 'Son of Shahad' part in daily use, but when introducing himself formally or when he's drunk off his ass, he returns to his roots.
Sex: Male
Height: 5'6''
Weight: 130lbs (minus gear) 173lbs

General appearance:

Skills:
-Accomplished Chef
-Herbalist
-Climbing Experience

Stuff they own:
-Tattered old Satchel bag
-Assorted rags
-Sunvisor
-Air tanks
-Large brown Duster
-Assorted spices
-Large Frying Pan
-Rope and grappling hook
-Reproduction PPSh-41
-Assorted magazines of dubious quality

Personality: Kir will generally be calm, collected and quite reserved. That being said, he's as sarcastic as the sun is hot in the desert. He's also pretty snarky and witty, albeit within reason. He won't be snarky around people who he intends on getting on better terms with, but expect him to be pretty hostile otherwise.

Traits, quirks, habits: Even though he's a chef, he rarely takes off his mask. Even to try his food, he doesn't remove his mask. He'll push it up to reveal his beige/red skin. Few people have seen his whole head, and even fewer his whole body. Also, he walks relatively slowly, not due to his stature but due to how heavy his gear is.

Likes: Spicy foods, different kinds of flowers, cooking, cool air, jazz

Dislikes: Opposites of the above.

Reason for becoming a Vagabond: The elusive Dragonflower. It's a miss translation of a miss translation. This flower is only a flower in spirt, since it's actually more like a mushroom. It's found on the back of a small insect that roams The Great Kahn Desert, but they live in small packs and are very nomadic. It's said to be able to cure any desiese, and if healthy, can give the consumer an untold rush of ecstasy and joy. Hamar Kir would like to find one of these flowers to simply have it. He's seen many types of flora, but never this one. He's seen pictures, but they're never the same. Just artist's impressions. Some drew it as it was intend, others as a bright white flower with wispy ends, almost like little baby dragon's were trying to fly off of the petals. Hamas would like to see one for his own eyes. No more, no less, except for maybe a little something here and there.

Bio: Being a desert rat was a bit odd. He, his family and their nomadic village traveled throughout the wastes of The Great Kahn Desert. It was peaceful. Their vagabonding convoy of curious creatures constrained by caravans rolled across the desert, pulled by cattle. Even in such harsh conditions, they lived well. His mother and father were the village witch doctors, and in turn, Kir picked up a few herbal tricks here and there.

He was eventually given a book on the subject, and in due time he became as proficient as his parents, if not more so. Hamar by the time he was a young adult, him and the nomadic tribe had been around and both seen and passed through countless villages. At each of these stops, he had heard about the Dragonflower, which made him curious. He asked around here and there, but he rarely found information. Kir wanted to leave home, but he was becoming a rising figure in his nomadic village, and was one of the future leaders.

That was until one day as they passed through a canyon and they were attacked by bandits. It was a bloodbath. Men, women and children were slaughtered left right and center, without remorse. The only reason Hamar wasn't killed was since he was away climbing the surrounding hillsides and mountains in search of rare flora. When he returned, he wasn't filled with remorse, but joy. Now he could go off and do as he pleased. He was raised differently to most, and death wasn't a sad thing for him and his people. In his culture, death was a sign of the deceased being needed elsewhere in the universe, so they had to be removed and placed accordingly where needed.

Hamar gathered up assorted gear from the devastation, and walked. He was heading for the nearest village, which was only 20 kilometers away. His tribe had radioed for help, so within a half hour and 2 kilometers of march, he was picked up. In the village, Kir became a chef based off of his herbal background, and in due time he earned his certification. The restaurant that Hamas worked at was reasonably popular, and more then often tips were left for him personally.

Due to this plus his regular income, he had achieved a modest fortune. all was going swimmingly, but due to a plethora of arson attempts and one success, the place was burnt down. In this fire, his skin was scarred permanently. It was this time that he decided on leaving and returning to his childhood quest of searching for the Dragonflower. Before leaving though, he got an assortment of lines drawn on his face to represent each of the fallen caravans from way back when, with the two largest ones representing his mother and father.

Code: Select all
[b]Name:[/b] [url=https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xNIwiEt-nY&list=PLv6SRubxZW9pbGAI_tv7Zz3lzgP5KHh6X&index=3]Hamad Kir, Son of Shahad Kir[/url], but read oppositely, i.e. Kir Hamas. He also has dropped the 'Son of Shahad' part in daily use, but when introducing himself formally or when he's drunk off his ass, he returns to his roots.
    [b]Sex:[/b] Male
    [b]Age:[/b] 21
    [b]Height:[/b] 5'6''
    [b]Weight:[/b] 130lbs (minus gear) 173lbs

[b]General appearance:[/b] [spoiler][img]http://i.imgur.com/eX3gAFw.jpg?1[/img][/spoiler]
    [b]Skills:[/b]
-Accomplished Chef
-Herbalist
-Climbing Experience

[b]Stuff they own:[/b]
-Tattered old Satchel bag
-Assorted rags
-Sunvisor
-Air tanks
-Large brown Duster
-Assorted spices
-Large Frying Pan
-Rope and grappling hook
-Reproduction [url=https://www.ww2incolor.com/d/491552-4/ppsh41_001]PPSh-41[/url]
-Assorted magazines of dubious quality

[b]Personality:[/b] Kir will generally be calm, collected and quite reserved. That being said, he's as sarcastic as the sun is hot in the desert. He's also pretty snarky and witty, albeit within reason. He won't be snarky around people who he intends on getting on better terms with, but expect him to be pretty hostile otherwise.

[b]Traits, quirks, habits:[/b] Even though he's a chef, he rarely takes off his mask. Even to try his food, he doesn't remove his mask. He'll push it up to reveal his beige/red skin. Few people have seen his whole [url=http://img2.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20090219161515/starwars/images/c/cf/Asharad.jpg]head[/url], and even fewer his whole body. Also, he walks relatively slowly, not due to his stature but due to how heavy his gear is.

[b]Likes:[/b] Spicy foods, different kinds of flowers, cooking, cool air, jazz

[b]Dislikes:[/b] Opposites of the above.

[b]Reason for becoming a Vagabond:[/b] The elusive Dragonflower. It's a miss translation of a miss translation. This flower is only a flower in spirt, since it's actually more like a mushroom. It's found on the back of a small [url=http://fc03.deviantart.net/fs70/f/2012/188/3/c/realistic_paras_by_twarda8-d56cnpv.jpg]insect[/url] that roams The Great Kahn Desert, but they live in small packs and are very nomadic. It's said to be able to cure any desiese, and if healthy, can give the consumer an untold rush of ecstasy and joy. Hamar Kir would like to find one of these flowers to simply have it. He's seen many types of flora, but never this one. He's seen pictures, but they're never the same. Just artist's impressions. Some drew it as it was intend, others as a bright white flower with wispy ends, almost like little baby dragon's were trying to fly off of the petals. Hamas would like to see one for his own eyes. No more, no less, except for maybe a little something here and there.

[b]Bio:[/b] Being a desert rat was a bit odd. He, his family and their nomadic village traveled throughout the wastes of The Great Kahn Desert. It was peaceful. Their vagabonding convoy of curious creatures constrained by caravans rolled across the desert, pulled by cattle. Even in such harsh conditions, they lived well. His mother and father were the village witch doctors, and in turn, Kir picked up a few herbal tricks here and there.

He was eventually given a book on the subject, and in due time he became as proficient as his parents, if not more so. Hamar by the time he was a young adult, him and the nomadic tribe had been around and both seen and passed through countless villages. At each of these stops, he had heard about the Dragonflower, which made him curious. He asked around here and there, but he rarely found information. Kir wanted to leave home, but he was becoming a rising figure in his nomadic village, and was one of the future leaders.

That was until one day as they passed through a canyon and they were attacked by bandits. It was a bloodbath. Men, women and children were slaughtered left right and center, without remorse. The only reason Hamar wasn't killed was since he was away climbing the surrounding hillsides and mountains in search of rare flora. When he returned, he wasn't filled with remorse, but joy. Now he could go off and do as he pleased. He was raised differently to most, and death wasn't a sad thing for him and his people. In his culture, death was a sign of the deceased being needed elsewhere in the universe, so they had to be removed and placed accordingly where needed.

Hamar gathered up assorted gear from the devastation, and walked. He was heading for the nearest village, which was only 20 kilometers away. His tribe had radioed for help, so within a half hour and 2 kilometers of march, he was picked up. In the village, Kir became a chef based off of his herbal background, and in due time he earned his certification. The restaurant that Hamas worked at was reasonably popular, and more then often tips were left for him personally.

Due to this plus his regular income, he had achieved a modest fortune. all was going swimmingly, but due to a plethora of arson attempts and one success, the place was burnt down. In this fire, his skin was scarred permanently. It was this time that he decided on leaving and returning to his childhood quest of searching for the Dragonflower. Before leaving though, he got an assortment of lines drawn on his face to represent each of the fallen caravans from way back when, with the two largest ones representing his mother and father.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

Imperializt Russia wrote:
The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Well what the fuck do you use for lube?

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Rupudska wrote:I avoid NSG like one would avoid ISIS-occupied Syria.
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

Which just so happens to be within the next half-hour

Shyluz wrote:Van, Sci-fi Generallisimo

U18 2nd Cutest NS'er 2015
Best Role Play - Science Fiction 2015: Athena Program

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Mon Jun 08, 2015 9:51 pm

Mincaldenteans wrote:

-nodnod of approval-

EEEEE I got intense approval from a P2TM mentor!

THIS IS THE BEST DAY OF MY LIFE
Above even The Boss
Feel free to contact me about any fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise futuristic RPs, especially those involving aliens or other non-humans, especially if it is an original universe/idea. I also enjoy Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and many other things that transit to roleplays.

Tiltjuice
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 20, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Tiltjuice » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:45 pm

I just noticed Zed's dislikes and I must say, that was purely coincidence. :P I didn't take that into account in creating Mathias.
Beauty is not in the face; beauty is a light in the heart. -Khalil Gibran
Cut red tape with the Red Book / Bureaucracy is a system - #ApplyTNI / Think globally, act locally
At fifteen, I set my heart on learning. At thirty, I was firmly established. At forty, I had no more doubts. At fifty, I knew the will of heaven. At sixty, I was ready to listen to it. At seventy, I could follow my heart's desire without transgressing what was right. ~Analects, 2:4
I wear teal, blue, pink, and red for Swith.
mumblemumblemumble

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:57 pm

Alright let's see...

Lunas... your guy either entered the military at 10-15 years old somehow and been on Rigel-3 since, or he's a native (in which case, bio works as long as he's a native with no earth history). Rigel has been isolated over 25 years now. Bio would need a little fixing. I say this cause our oldest is Willis and given the years since isolation, it works by a shave of a couple years. Not your fault, it's mine, my oversight, however edit accordingly. Thanks

Pan, Armando is accepted.

Vancon, finally a cook (I mean, chef)! I can weasel Aubrey out of it! :P Accepted.

I'll update the OP as soon as I can.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Mon Jun 08, 2015 11:59 pm

Mincaldenteans wrote:Alright let's see...

Lunas... your guy either entered the military at 10-15 years old somehow and been on Rigel-3 since, or he's a native (in which case, bio works as long as he's a native with no earth history). Rigel has been isolated over 25 years now. Bio would need a little fixing. I say this cause our oldest is Willis and given the years since isolation, it works by a shave of a couple years. Not your fault, it's mine, my oversight, however edit accordingly. Thanks

Vancon, finally a cook (I mean, chef)! I can weasel Aubrey out of it! :P Accepted.

Sounds good. I tried to make a char unlike anything I've done before or that are already in the RP.
Mike the Progressive wrote:You know I don't say this often, but this guy... he gets it. Like everything. As in he gets life.

The balkens wrote:Please tell me that condoms and Hazelnut spread are NOT on the same table.

Krazakistan wrote:How have you not died after being exposed to that much shit on a monthly basis?
Alimeria- wrote:I'll go to sleep when I want to, not when some cheese-eating surrender monkey tells me to.

The Carlisle
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby The Carlisle » Tue Jun 09, 2015 12:59 am

Just to clarify this. Colonization on Rigel-3 has not started 25 years ago. No doubt it started a decade or so prior (just throwing a number there). Getting people to Rigel-3 and settled, shipload to shipload, takes time. And with the buildup in some cities, they no doubt existed for longer than 25 years. IE Montecristo or Natureawarblegarble. So being a native ( as in, born on the planet) is realistically longer than 25 years. At most 35 or even 40 is a good number.

Unless, people magically teleported there, then whoever build the power station decided it was worth building one above this rock, then blew it up, all in the span of four minutes.
Call me Carly
Gayism enabler
Trans Girl
Radical Anti-Radical Feminist Feminist
S.W.I.F: Sex Worker Inclusionary Feminist.

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Tue Jun 09, 2015 1:57 am

The Carlisle wrote:Just to clarify this. Colonization on Rigel-3 has not started 25 years ago. No doubt it started a decade or so prior (just throwing a number there). Getting people to Rigel-3 and settled, shipload to shipload, takes time. And with the buildup in some cities, they no doubt existed for longer than 25 years. IE Montecristo or Natureawarblegarble. So being a native ( as in, born on the planet) is realistically longer than 25 years. At most 35 or even 40 is a good number.

Unless, people magically teleported there, then whoever build the power station decided it was worth building one above this rock, then blew it up, all in the span of four minutes.

Time squilly, etcetera, plot juice

Jessjohnesik
Postmaster-General

Founded: Sep 11, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Jessjohnesik » Tue Jun 09, 2015 2:33 am

Tiltjuice wrote:
Jessjohnesik wrote:
Wait, what did I do? I was asleep through all of this chit chat. :p

Minx's pic? :p

Oooooh...

ALL HAIL MANGAMINX!!!!! XD
ಠ_ಠ Proud owner of the Mystery Genre RPer award 2014!!
Pro: Science, environmentalism, equal rights, const. monarchy, mixed economy, Scientocracy, abortion, Western Europe, NZ, Japan, Australia, Nordic countries, SKorea, EU, immigration control, Merkel, Buddhism, Israel, centrism, eurofederalism, GMOs, soft euroscepticism
Against: Biophobia, social Conservatism, excessive militarism/pacifism, hedonism, totalitarianism, anarchism, fascism, communism, feminism SJWs/BLM, corruption, Islam, Christianity, Palestine, nazism, Russia, Arab League, Saudi Arabia, Greece, traditionalism, moralism, UKIP, uncontrolled immigration
Political Graph

I wonder if you're the worst person I've ever met; at a certain age it's hard to recall... ~ Olenna to Cersei,Game of Thrones

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Tue Jun 09, 2015 6:13 am

Oh shit, Rigel has been isolated for twenty-five years now? That changes a lot. Could I get some concrete times on when colonization began and when the planet became "isolated" through the sky "falling" and such?
Above even The Boss

Mincaldenteans
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Mincaldenteans » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:18 am

Illan wrote:Oh shit, Rigel has been isolated for twenty-five years now? That changes a lot. Could I get some concrete times on when colonization began and when the planet became "isolated" through the sky "falling" and such?

Can't, as timeline was vague in the original. Ayr placed it about ~20 years or so since the isolation, its been ~5 years since the original Vagabond crew.

It's okay to be a native but one can't possibly be from earth within the 25 year span due to the isolation.

Hope that helps.

Altito Asmoro
Post Czar

Founded: May 18, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Altito Asmoro » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:23 am

I should finish my app. :D
Stormwrath wrote:
Altito Asmoro wrote:You people can call me...AA. Or Alt.
Or Tito.

I'm calling you "non-aligned comrade."

A proud Nationalist
Winner for Best War RP of 2016

Lunas Legion
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Lunas Legion » Tue Jun 09, 2015 8:57 am

Wasn't entirely sure on the timing of history. Shall be corrected.

Edit: Has been corrected.
Last edited by Lunas Legion on Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
Last edited by William Slim Wed Dec 14 1970 10:35 pm, edited 35 times in total.

Confirmed member of Kyloominati, Destroyers of Worlds Membership can be applied for here

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:21 am

Mincaldenteans wrote:
Illan wrote:Oh shit, Rigel has been isolated for twenty-five years now? That changes a lot. Could I get some concrete times on when colonization began and when the planet became "isolated" through the sky "falling" and such?

Can't, as timeline was vague in the original. Ayr placed it about ~20 years or so since the isolation, its been ~5 years since the original Vagabond crew.

It's okay to be a native but one can't possibly be from earth within the 25 year span due to the isolation.

Hope that helps.

Alright, I'm still working mostly on a one generation thing for the Skyfallen, but that gives me some breathing room.
Above even The Boss

Esternial
Retired Moderator

Founded: May 09, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Esternial » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:26 am

Illan wrote:
Mincaldenteans wrote:
Will update accordingly in OP.

Este, I freaking dig the credits. Ish awshum!

Um, is that robotics corporation I made accepted?

And will the credits be updated to accompdate the new characters?

Yes, eventually. I'll update it with any characters added in the OP.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:35 am

Maybe you could put the Credits thing into the OP so that people can come back and read it.

Illan
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Tue Jun 09, 2015 9:39 am

And Esternial, could I please get confirmation on my robotics company I posted a few pages back?
Above even The Boss

Cylarn
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:22 am

I'm so excited, that I've already started writing up my intro post for Willis.

It won't be safe for work.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Vancon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Vancon » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:23 am

Cylarn wrote:I'm so excited, that I've already started writing up my intro post for Willis.

To sexy or too bloody?

Or both?

Cylarn
Post Marshal

Founded: Nov 25, 2011
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Cylarn » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:23 am

Vancon wrote:
Cylarn wrote:I'm so excited, that I've already started writing up my intro post for Willis.

To sexy or too bloody?

Or both?

Too bloody.
✎ Member - ℘ædagog
If you are serving the US and its allies right now overseas, thank you for what you do.
Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award and the Best Crime RP Award for 2013 in P2TM. Recipient of the Best Crime RP'er Award of 2014 in P2TM.

Galdius
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 26, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Galdius » Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:40 am

Bit of a work in progress idea I've got going.

Corbucci & Associates

See, if one thing is for certain out in this wonderful desert, is that there is plenty of very angry people throughout that want somebody else dead. It happens more than one thinks actually, with simple disagreements turning into the most brutal of feuds over the silliest of things, often ending in one of them getting put six feet under in an unmarked grave. But what happens when the person you seek to put down have fled outside of your grasp? You can't possibly drop everything to pursue your revenge, you've got more important commitments to handle in your life, but at the same time not doing anything will make you look weaker than a yunk around your peers, opening yourself up for them to trample all over you, after all, you're not going to fight back right? So what's the next mode of action? Hire some local mercenaries to capture him? Do you really want to entrust your quest for blood in a bunch of trigger happy hicks who are likely to only bring you more shame and embarrassment upon you? What about a shady hitman you saw in the dark alleyway? Chances are the guy you're about to give your hard earned valuables to is going to disappear without a trace afterwards. Just thinking about it, its a lot of trouble for a personal vendetta? So wouldn't it be great if there was a professional service with no hair pulling stress attached? Well, that's where Corbucci & Associates come in. In short, they're a bounty hunter service who will take just about any sort of contract that lands on their laps for a reasonable price, offering not only to capture the intended target, but also to kill said person or group if the employer specifies so. They are brutally efficient, well trained and show little in the way of mercy or empathy, they don't ask questions and if you or anyone else for that matter happens to get in between them and their contract, they will not only screw you six ways till Sunday, but everyone around you just to set an example; and its not like there isn't plenty of alleged claims speaking of their unorthodox ways to back it that statement up too. With one alleged incident involving them razing an entire town that was suspected and later found out to be holding the wanted "fugitives" that the bounty hunters where seeking. Corbucci & Associates of course deny it, claiming that "it was like that when they got there." As a result, they are notorious in Postapocalyptia, with tales of them flooding across the land, some tall, some true, with almost all of them speak of their brutality in the field and unyielding determination to finish a contract right up until the end, ultimately painting them in a very villainous light, but there is no such thing as bad publicity right?

History behind the duster and the guns.

The notorious bounty hunters started with an equally notorious man, a Sicilian Italian by the name of Sergio Corbucci, a dangerously handsome bloke who become quite the rising star among the world of gun slinging on Rigel-3 thanks to his distinctive choice in wheel gun weaponry, fast draw, near dead eye accuracy when given the time to aim and his jaw dropping gunspinning tricks. He started out like most men like him, as a mercenary no less, one of the very first of the independent gunslingers to set foot on the dusty surface of Postapocalyptia looking to make a fortune here in order to retire back on earth in some Mediterranean villa, with plenty of booze, poker and hookers. He worked as a gun for hire for just about anyone who would take him, which at the time was mainly the occasional selfishly paranoid archaeologist who likely intended to keep all the shiny alien swag for himself. But as some time went by, his mercenary operation eventually grew bigger, eventually becoming turning into a sizable protection company as the timonium craze was just starting to take shape. As many of the corporations flocked to the planet, Sergio and his band of misfits made some serious money "consulting" for some of the smaller ones looking to make a fortune off the stuff right up until it was discovered to be useless, in just enough time for him to retire, count his winnings and get ready to set of back home to a welcoming party of sandy beaches and lovely ladies. Only he never made it to those beaches. The gravitational flux halted any chance of that. Disgruntled and angry, he fell into an addicting livestyle of gambling, drinking and shagging. But his well of funds dried up a little faster than anticipated, so decided to take rest of his money and some of his old mercenary buddies, and invest them both into a new business plan, one based around capturing the unsavory people who had done someone wrong for a reasonable fee, founding the Corbucci & Associates to keep up his debauched lifestyle going.

Despite starting as a moderately small company, they certainly made waves in this murky pond that is Postapocalyptia and was very quick to expand the operation thanks to the completion of various dead or alive open contracts on various deviants, placed by such factions as AA and UNSEC, spreading the word of their skill and soon enough, private contracts from individuals and corporations alike started falling into their laps at a steady rate as their actions became more and more infamous across the board, with them continuing over the years to expand their operations at a very steady rate thanks to their reputation for brutality and unyielding commitment. Within the last five years, they've climbed to the very top of the list when it comes to bounty hunting, and they have a branch, albeit sometimes limited, in nearly every major region, with a lot of them being exclusively dominated by Corbucci & Associates thanks to a series of friendly and hostile takeovers of any other service that might have offered anything remotely similar. As it stands now, the total number of officially employed and fully trained bounty hunters, commonly called "cacciatores" are numbered at around eighty with at most five to ten per branch, and around twenty five at the founding branch, but while the numbers are low, they also commonly employ assistant deputies, basically untrained and expendable apprentices, referred to as "Gats." with them numbering between 150 to 200 across the board, with branch numbers massively varying depending on the contract flow in the area, with larger numbers of Gats in areas with higher demand of a bounty hunting service.

Weaponry, Identifying Features And Modus Operandi.

WIP
Last edited by Galdius on Tue Jun 09, 2015 10:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ave Alea Necis

Life's but a walking shadow. Honor. Love. Friends. But in there's death. Curses.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse