NATION

PASSWORD

Gods among Us [Superhero] (OOC/Signup/Open)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Founded: Antiquity
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:08 pm

Anowa wrote:Something I just realized, Alice wiped an ass ton of names from the Aegis paybook... none of the individuals in the catacombs would've appeared on the Aegis paybook. Alice unintentionally made things worse for the merry gang of good guys. Also this is the last BIG reputation tank for Aegis, from here on out it'll be full secret war. (For Terra Nova at least.)

Umm? What are you talking about? Aegis never had a purge. Shane sent people to investigate because they obviously aren't Aegis/EBMP people.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Founded: Jul 29, 2014
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Anowa » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:10 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Anowa wrote:Something I just realized, Alice wiped an ass ton of names from the Aegis paybook... none of the individuals in the catacombs would've appeared on the Aegis paybook. Alice unintentionally made things worse for the merry gang of good guys. Also this is the last BIG reputation tank for Aegis, from here on out it'll be full secret war. (For Terra Nova at least.)

Umm? What are you talking about? Aegis never had a purge. Shane sent people to investigate because they obviously aren't Aegis/EBMP people.

Shane basically saying that the Aegis personnel in America had been disowned... Unless I'm reading this wrong in which case, whoops.
Awards:
Tie Winner: Most Involved in P2TM, 2016
Winner: Best Crime RP, 2016

An Intro to Anowa

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:39 pm

Anowa wrote:
Dyelli Beybi wrote:

Shane basically saying that the Aegis personnel in America had been disowned... Unless I'm reading this wrong in which case, whoops.

Ah no, they aren't disowning anyone, they are withdrawing operations from the US, i.e. closing up shop and bringing any European staff who haven't been arrested home... and Shane has already handed control of the organization over to Brussels.

I would imagine that the EU would very quickly realize something is a bit funny about the Paris bombings, I mean they are hardly likely to bomb themselves... which means they are looking at a rogue element within the organization or an outside group.
Last edited by Dyelli Beybi on Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Sat Sep 05, 2015 3:39 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Anowa wrote:Shane basically saying that the Aegis personnel in America had been disowned... Unless I'm reading this wrong in which case, whoops.

Ah no, they aren't disowning anyone, they are withdrawing operations from the US.

Ah, I see.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:38 pm

Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Serah
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 13, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:41 pm

Eh.
Only Laurel knows about it.
I don't think anyone else really heard it.
But if Atlas had it figured out somehow, I don't mind it.

But please bear in mind the fact that it does not deactivate his powers.
It simply busts through his defense like it was butter if he gets hit.

However, he'll be able to still use his powers such as ectoplasm manipulation.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:45 pm

Serah wrote:

Eh.

Weren't Laurel and Alrick in the same room as Atlas? or on the helipad with Iron and Edge?
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Wed Sep 09, 2015 12:48 pm

Anowa wrote:
Serah wrote:
Eh.

Weren't Laurel and Alrick in the same room as Atlas? or on the helipad with Iron and Edge?

Well, I thought he was fairly far away from everyone.
Honestly, I wouldn't mind it if Atlas knew about it, it would make the latter rather threatening to Alrick.
And even more so to Heamet.
Which would be interesting as no one would really yell at me of making my characters seems absolutely overpowered.

May I say that they, more often than not, bleed.

Anowa
Post Marshal

Postby Anowa » Wed Sep 09, 2015 9:44 pm

Serah, I don't think you know what bricked means, it means the item no longer has an operating system, as in it has a sign in screen and that's it. to fix this you have 2 options:
1) Buy a new computer.
2) Steal a new computer.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Confederation of imperial states
Senator

Founded: Nov 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Farwell

Postby Confederation of imperial states » Thu Sep 10, 2015 7:17 am

okay, so, I feel I needed to make this formal.

My absence the past few days has been intentional yes, but I felt I needed to tell why. I've rp on this rp for god knows how long now, and all the while I've seen the theme of the rp change. I have lost the will and want to rp on GaU, because I've lost the same allure that the rp had. Don't mistake me for an Ulran or an Elysium, I still respect the roping staff for this rp, hence why I'm trying to make this formal and calm. I feel that the GaU rp is no longer a superhero rp, it seems to be more of a spy/CSI rp now, at most it seems like a Christopher Nolan film. Maybe it's because of the lack of "superheroy" Events/characters, or maybe it's the slow descent I feel this rp has taken from a watchmen esc rp to a spy film.

I now give my final goodbye, I'm leaving because I no longer have the interest or heart for the rp. Do whatever you want with my characters, I don't really care what happens to them now.

Once again, for the last time, goodbye

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Thu Sep 10, 2015 8:32 am

Anowa wrote:Serah, I don't think you know what bricked means, it means the item no longer has an operating system, as in it has a sign in screen and that's it. to fix this you have 2 options:
1) Buy a new computer.
2) Steal a new computer.

Even considered the fact that he might have other computers that weren't plugged in?

Anowa
Post Marshal

In regards to the state of the RP.

Postby Anowa » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:27 pm

Confederation of imperial states wrote:-Snip-

In regards to this I feel the need to make a statement or two, if you glance around the RP you might have noticed there are only four of us, (Now that CIS has formally left.) all of us have several characters. When I made this RP I expected people to make two or three characters with a few disposable ones to mix things up from time to time, this has not been the case. Instead we've all made multiple characters with no chance of dying unless something drastic happens in which I break me or someone else breaks the rules I put forth. In regards to the limited number of people in this thread, we started with 15+ people which has teetered down to four, most likely due to the speed of which the RP moved and lack of involving their characters.

In regards to the state of the RP, it started as a superhero one, but with the way I ran things and the way things ended up it turned into something different and something someone has stopped enjoying. This isn't what I wanted. In the end this RP has improved my writing and given me a few tips in hindsight to run things, and it also gave me a few friends on the site.

In regards to the state of the RP and my involvement, I am no longer going to be participating or acting in an administrative role in this thread. If any of you want to reboot this, your free to do so. I may stop by, I may not. In the end it was fun while it lasted. Thank you for joining.
Awards:

An Intro to Anowa

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Thu Sep 10, 2015 12:53 pm

Anowa wrote:
Confederation of imperial states wrote:-Snip-

In regards to this I feel the need to make a statement or two, if you glance around the RP you might have noticed there are only four of us, (Now that CIS has formally left.) all of us have several characters. When I made this RP I expected people to make two or three characters with a few disposable ones to mix things up from time to time, this has not been the case. Instead we've all made multiple characters with no chance of dying unless something drastic happens in which I break me or someone else breaks the rules I put forth. In regards to the limited number of people in this thread, we started with 15+ people which has teetered down to four, most likely due to the speed of which the RP moved and lack of involving their characters.

In regards to the state of the RP, it started as a superhero one, but with the way I ran things and the way things ended up it turned into something different and something someone has stopped enjoying. This isn't what I wanted. In the end this RP has improved my writing and given me a few tips in hindsight to run things, and it also gave me a few friends on the site.

In regards to the state of the RP and my involvement, I am no longer going to be participating or acting in an administrative role in this thread. If any of you want to reboot this, your free to do so. I may stop by, I may not. In the end it was fun while it lasted. Thank you for joining.

Well then.
Even if I wasn't the best of Rpers, something that I know, it really brought out some major flaws about my characters, honestly, I wouldn't have thought of them.

But still, I must thank you for all you've done for me, whether it was intentional or not.
Even if I made the overpowered and unkillable point stand out in the end, I really had a lot of fun with the Rp and the people within it.

Overall, I think that it is best that we end it here on a rather good note.

I hope we shall meet again somewhere else, whether it be on friendly terms or not.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:28 pm

Well if there is some support for a reboot I am happy to admin it. Just wondering who would be keen to go for a reboot?

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:29 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:Well if there is some support for a reboot I am happy to admin it. Just wondering who would be keen to go for a reboot?

If you don't reject me immediately, I would be.

If anything, just tell me how to nerf some of the chars.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu Sep 10, 2015 1:56 pm

Serah wrote:
Dyelli Beybi wrote:Well if there is some support for a reboot I am happy to admin it. Just wondering who would be keen to go for a reboot?

I wouldn't do that. I'm lovely! Although I think we need to tone down the power of some characters. I think we really want characters in the Spiderman/Batman/Daredevil level of power. About half the characters in the RP had zero chance of harming the other half and that is not fun. When they intervene in an armed situation it is expected they are going to beat up a number of mooks but at the same time there should be a genuine risk involved in doing so.

It's sch a pity the RP died there... I was about to have Alice try to form the 'Inebriati'

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Thu Sep 10, 2015 2:23 pm

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Serah wrote:

I wouldn't do that. I'm lovely! Although I think we need to tone down the power of some characters. I think we really want characters in the Spiderman/Batman/Daredevil level of power. About half the characters in the RP had zero chance of harming the other half and that is not fun. When they intervene in an armed situation it is expected they are going to beat up a number of mooks but at the same time there should be a genuine risk involved in doing so.

It's sch a pity the RP died there... I was about to have Alice try to form the 'Inebriati'

I would say I got the reference...
But I didn't.

I had an idea for an assassin type of character or one that could be like a scientist.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu Sep 10, 2015 3:28 pm

Not surprising really it is a very obscure reference... though a knowledge of classical Latin/English should give a hint at the meaning :D

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Thu Sep 10, 2015 4:40 pm

GAU v.3.0 is here viewtopic.php?f=31&t=353443

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Confederation of imperial states » Thu Nov 12, 2015 6:28 am

Just thought I'd come back here to Mark down all of the Iterations so far:
1 First project Champios
2 Second Project Champions
3 Gods Among Us
4 Gods Among us V2
3 Gods Among us V3

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Confederation of imperial states » Sat Jan 30, 2016 2:26 am

Well I feel as if I need to say this, No one will really see it, But I wanted to give my Analysis on other Characters throughout this RP.

Dyelli- All around, Characters like Alice, Zara, and the others were pretty alright. Alice was a master of Sarcasm, Zara was a Badass bodyguard, and the Aegis organization had character. Though throughout the course of the RP's acts she did have quite a few Romances (EX: The College style romance with NEO and the fairly rushed one with Ulrich in Act 2 V1). However, I have to say that they were pretty flesh out and amazing.

Talion - Gotta say, The ones who stuck out where Ulrich, and the Gunslinger, two who had varied personalities but all the same were pretty cool in their right. Ulrich was a Nazi cyborg, who was troubled by his past with Guardian and was the main character who started the RP, I have to say the events after Act 1, his disappearance and Revival, were pretty interesting. I didn't see much of the Gunslinger, however I do remember him sticking up for Honor and justice even through all of the craziness of the superpowered beings around him. Talion's characters weren't as quantitied as many other RPers (*cough* anowa, *Cough*) but they made up for it in personality.

Serah - Oh boy, what Can I say, Serah's weren't always the most serious.......actually come to think of it they weren't serious at all. There were a christ ton of Crazy powered proteges stemming from the madman alrick, And then there was Stone, the Deity who was the nonsensical counter part, or was until Someone Decided they needed all the Diety power, to Anathema. They played a big part in Act 1, and a large part in what was Act 2, and as much as some hated them. They did have quite the interesting flavor to many of the......Copy and paste "I'm an asshole wearing power armor, I'm so cool" characters.

Anowa - Alright, well, Gonna be honest, Hussar was my Favorite of the bunch, along with jezebel. Hussar was a favorable badass angelic warrior who played a large part in Act 1 (and was apparently a guy named "harvey in act 2 V1, I don't really ask). Jezebel was a calm, cool, and collected Demonic woman who could disintegrate a person in the blink of an eye. Onto Atlas....I'm gonna be painfully Honest, Atlas was an Apathetic, Uncaring, Self righteous, Murderous, Bezerk, bloodlusting, Destructive asshole. In project Champions, Atlas was that sort of Funny and Charismatic Badass, who spoke spanish before throwing Brandon Titan off a building whilst wielding a machine gun to kill androids. However, In Gods Among Us, the charismatic side of him was ditched in favor of the Asshole variant we see now, and as the Rp went on, He just became more of a Destructive person, not realizing that dragging Annabelle into his Self Righteous World Takeover plot was dangerous, even if she could "turn people into Salsa". You could Argue that he was probabbly an "Old man (he's in his forties he's in his bloody prime) Who's tired of the world", but after he swore and cursed at Breaker like a child, He doesn't really have that much of a solid base for being mature either. The large majority of the other characters were basically, "Gritty supersoldier in power armor who's a bit of a jerk", But where some falter, The ones who were spot on were amazingly unique.

(Not doing mine because it's a bit pretentious)

So, I know no one will probably see this, But I just wanted to get my analysis (and some long held in and needed venting) in the process.
Last edited by Confederation of imperial states on Tue Mar 01, 2016 7:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Dyelli Beybi
Negotiator

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Dyelli Beybi » Sun Jan 31, 2016 4:50 pm

Confederation of imperial states wrote:Well I feel as if I need to say this, No one will really see it, But I wanted to give my Analysis on other Characters throughout this RP.

Dyelli- All around, Characters like Alice, Zara, and the others were pretty alright. Alice was a master of Sarcasm, Zara was a Badass bodyguard, and the Aegis organization had character. Though throughout the course of the RP's acts she did have quite a few Romances (EX: The College style romance with NEO and the fairly rushed one with Ulrich in Act 2 V1). However, I have to say that they were pretty flesh out and amazing.

Talion - Gotta say, The ones who stuck out where Ulrich, and the Gunslinger, two who had varied personalities but all the same were pretty cool in their right. Ulrich was a Nazi cyborg, who was troubled by his past with Guardian and was the main character who started the RP, I have to say the events after Act 1, his disappearance and Revival, were pretty interesting. I didn't see much of the Gunslinger, however I do remember him sticking up for Honor and justice even through all of the craziness of the superpowered beings around him. Talion's characters weren't as quantitied as many other RPers (*cough* anowa, *Cough*) but they made up for it in personality.

Serah - Oh boy, what Can I say, Serah's weren't always the most serious.......actually come to think of it they weren't serious at all. There were a christ ton of Crazy powered proteges stemming from the madman alrick, And then there was Stone, the Deity who was the nonsensical counter part, or was until Someone Decided they needed all the Diety power, to Anathema. They played a big part in Act 1, and a large part in what was Act 2, and as much as some hated them. They did have quite the interesting flavor to many of the......Copy and paste "I'm an asshole wearing power armor, I'm so cool" characters.

Anowa - Alright, well, Gonna be honest, Hussar was my Favorite of the bunch, along with jezebel. Hussar was a favorable badass angelic warrior who played a large part in Act 1 (and was apparently a guy named "harvey in act 2 V1, I don't really ask). Jezebel was a calm, cool, and collected Demonic woman who could disintegrate a person in the blink of an eye. Onto Atlas....I'm gonna be painfully Honest, Atlas was an Apathetic, Uncaring, Self righteous, Murderous, Bezerk, bloodlusting, Destructive asshole. In project Champions, Atlas was that sort of Funny and Charismatic Badass, who spoke spanish before throwing Brandon Titan off a building whilst wielding a machine gun to kill androids. However, In Gods Among Us, the charismatic side of him was ditched in favor of the Asshole variant we see now, and as the Rp went on, He just became more of a Destructive person, not realizing that dragging Annabelle into his Self Righteous World Takeover plot was dangerous, even if she could "turn people into Salsa". The large majority of the other characters were basically, "Gritty supersoldier in power armor who's a bit of a jerk", But where some falter, The ones who were spot on were amazingly unique.

So, I know no one will probably see this, But I just wanted to get my analysis (and some long held in and needed venting) in the process.

Lol thanks CIS... 'Harvey' was a reference to the 1950 film of the same name... but really more to Farscape. Because Alice loved dropping TV and movie references wherever possible.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby Confederation of imperial states » Mon Feb 01, 2016 7:54 am

Dyelli Beybi wrote:
Confederation of imperial states wrote:Well I feel as if I need to say this, No one will really see it, But I wanted to give my Analysis on other Characters throughout this RP.

Anowa - Alright, well, Gonna be honest, Hussar was my Favorite of the bunch, along with jezebel. Hussar was a favorable badass angelic warrior who played a large part in Act 1 (and was apparently a guy named "harvey in act 2 V1, I don't really ask). Jezebel was a calm, cool, and collected Demonic woman who could disintegrate a person in the blink of an eye. Onto Atlas....I'm gonna be painfully Honest, Atlas was an Apathetic, Uncaring, Self righteous, Murderous, Bezerk, bloodlusting, Destructive asshole. In project Champions, Atlas was that sort of Funny and Charismatic Badass, who spoke spanish before throwing Brandon Titan off a building whilst wielding a machine gun to kill androids. However, In Gods Among Us, the charismatic side of him was ditched in favor of the Asshole variant we see now, and as the Rp went on, He just became more of a Destructive person, not realizing that dragging Annabelle into his Self Righteous World Takeover plot was dangerous, even if she could "turn people into Salsa". The large majority of the other characters were basically, "Gritty supersoldier in power armor who's a bit of a jerk", But where some falter, The ones who were spot on were amazingly unique.

Lol thanks CIS... 'Harvey' was a reference to the 1950 film of the same name... but really more to Farscape. Because Alice loved dropping TV and movie references wherever possible.

No problem, I give credit where Credit's due. Though I just now can see the 50s film name, clever.

Serah
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Serah » Mon Feb 01, 2016 9:44 am

I like to see that someone liked my characters in some way.

Even if it is true that pulling out Alrick at his normal power was completely broken for anyone wanting to even hit him.
Glad to see someone liked Stone as well.

And also very glad to see someone liked me in general.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse