NATION

PASSWORD

The Pioneers - IC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Mon Jun 01, 2015 2:22 pm

Colonial Rhodesia wrote:
ApplePieistan wrote:Elizabeth decided to leave them and go on to her business elsewhere. She says to Petyor and Norman "I must leave now. Safe travels!" As she departs from the scene. She then turns to Dave and says "Follow me, dear. I've got to make you a falconers glove to sit upon. Moving around without it is kind of awkward."
Dave responds "Squak!"

I shall come with you Campbell said with sympathy on his mind after all who is not to say we are only human and humans do after all make mistake you know that I know that even God almighty knows it :) *takes his belongings with him*

Elizabeth fakes a smile. "Great. Come along then, pastor. You're welcome to follow me to my desired location. She then begins walking away from that part of the forest. She says to Campbell on the way there "Do you have any food? I haven't eaten all day."

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:18 pm

Norman had grand plans for his land. He planed to build a manor atop the hill overlooking the cove. Mostly because with the changing of the leaves it meant winter was on its way and a lack of shelter would be a death sentence. He planed to found a company to supply his co-settlers with fiber and clothing. He hoped to contribute to the success of the colony by healing everyone that needed him. But for now he needed to go and get veggies. Not just for his commitment to Petyor but because he was hungry. He went into the large woods of the southwest to scavenge, the second time anyone had done so. The next 6 hours was spent foraging in the woods. He returned around 11:30 in the morning to give Petyor two-thirds of the payment. He spent the next half an hour walking to the south-west forest. There he scavenged again for the second time anyone has scavenged there. It was 5:30 pm when he finished that task. Now he had food to eat so he took until 6pm eating one of the 2 veggies. With mission out of the way he returned to his claim and gave the rest of the payment to Peytor. After he began studying botany. When 10:30 rolled around he walked to the northwest forest to attend the priests sermon. When it finished Norman went back to his claim and, seeing his sheep safe and sound in its newly enclosed pasture, went to sleep in the enclosure as well.

After the sermon however he made an effort to find Peytor. He wished to thank him for his help and ask him for another transaction. "Hello Peytor." He said "You were right, that certainly was worth the expedition here. Thank you and I'd like to thank you for building that enclosure. However I would now to ask for another transaction. I was wondering if you could show me how to work the wood like yourself? I expect winter to come soon and believe that a home would be most beneficial In such a circumstance.".

04:00 - 04:30 Sheep maintenance

04:30 - 05:00 Travel to the northwest forest

05:00 - 05:30 Looks around northwest forest and realizes its been picked clean with a fine tooth-comb.

05:30 - 11:30 Gathers

11:30 - 17:30 Travels to the southwest small forest and gathers.

17:30 - 18:00 Eats

18:00 - 18:30 Traveling to his claim

18:30 - 22:30 Studies Botany

22:30 - 23:00 Walks to Northwest forest

23:00 - 24:00 listens to sermon

00: 00 - 00:10 Talks

00:10 - 00:30 walks to claim

00:30 - 07:30 sleeps
Last edited by Cainesland on Mon Jun 01, 2015 3:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:31 am

On the 3rd day of the colonial venture, the weather starts to turn windy and cold (There will be 1 cold tomorrow). Brown leaves fall from the trees all day long, completely shrouding the ground below while the sun hides behind a thick layer of grey clouds... Winter is coming...

In the morning, a piece of ragged paper lands on the field. Perhaps blown by the wind to the mainland from the wreckage of the ship. It contains a handful of soup recipies!

Soup - Every unit of soup is made out of 1 Raw meat and 1 potato OR 1 potato and 1 veggies OR 1 Raw meat and 1 veggies. A Soup is worth 4 nutrition but spoils after 24 hours.

It also contains instructions on how to efficiently cook food.
(Its now allowed to cook 2 food items in 30 minutes by burning just 1 wood).
Last edited by Harkback Union on Tue Jun 02, 2015 3:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:19 am

Harkback Union wrote:On the 3rd day of the colonial venture, the weather starts to turn windy and cold (There will be 1 cold tomorrow). Brown leaves fall from the trees all day long, completely shrouding the ground below while the sun hides behind a thick layer of grey clouds... Winter is coming...

In the morning, a piece of ragged paper lands on the field. Perhaps blown by the wind to the mainland from the wreckage of the ship. It contains a handful of soup recipies!

Soup - Every unit of soup is made out of 1 Raw meat and 1 potato OR 1 potato and 1 veggies OR 1 Raw meat and 1 veggies. A Soup is worth 4 nutrition but spoils after 24 hours.

It also contains instructions on how to efficiently cook food.
(Its now allowed to cook 2 food items in 30 minutes by burning just 1 wood).

While studying botany on his claim on the third day in the southwestern field/plains Norman came across an odd item. A piece of paper that looked like it'd been torn from a recipe book.
It was a godsend. He could now make a meal that could fill his empty tummy. If only he knew how to find a potatoe.

The Grim Reaper
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grim Reaper » Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:40 am

Father Nicholas woke again.

There would be no foraging today. Work had to be done, and the Lord would provide for his needs.

As would Peytor, and his new friend Maria. The Father was the only man who had the capability to work with brick, unless another took up his book on masonry - and his shovel would allow him to gather clay far faster than any other man, regardless.

Once the brick-burner was prepared, he could perhaps give his shovel to someone else, to burn brick as he built. But that is the future.

Today, he set the foundations for the brick-burner he had promised to Peytor and the rest of the Concord passengers.

The settlement of Concord. It had a ring to it. The town of Concord. The city? The Church of Concord, the City Hall of Concord, the Sea of Concord.

Such a great future for such a little brick-burner! To think he held a city in his hands.

Well, part of it. Two clay balls worth of a city.

After that, he would finish Peytor's skillbook on Growing, so that he could discard it, or return it, to free room in his pack. Then, he would practice fishing. He would not have much time to practice fishing, but there was little time to do anything.

How humorous, for a fisher of men to become a fisherman. Interesting topic for a sermon, that. A deconstruction, of sorts. Before the sermon, he would meet with Peytor, and take a meal with him, of a delicious stew.

Collect two clay from Nicholas' storage cache
6:00am - 7:30am: Travel to the NE forest
7:30am - 3:30pm: Building with clay (-2 clay, +1 CBP for NE Forest Brickburner)
3:30pm - 4:00pm: Travel to central area
4:00pm - 6:00pm: Reading Skillbook (Growing) (Complete)
6:00pm - 10:30pm: Practicing Fishing (4.5/32 hours, 2/4 faith)
Receive 1 Stew from Peytor
10:30pm - 11pm: Eat stew
11pm - 12pm: Sermon (Jesus calls his first disciples to be fishers of men)

End of Day 3:
+1 Vitality (+1 Nutrition) = 7 Vitality
+1 Faith (+1 Nutrition, -2 practice, +1 Sermon, +1 Elegant Clothes) = 12 Faith
+1 Warmth (Elegant Clothes)
Inventory: Elegant Clothes, Shovel, Holy Bible, Skillbook (Growing, Petyor)
Skills: Preaching, Masonry, Growing
1 Skillbook (Masonry, Nicholas) has been left in the open at the main site
2 Clay, 1 Fibre are in Nicholas' storage cache hole
Brick Burner in NE Forest - 1 CBP (Requires 1 IBP, 1 WBP)[/spoiler]
Last edited by The Grim Reaper on Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
If I can't play bass, I don't want to be part of your revolution.
Melbourne, Australia

A & Ω

Is "not a blood diamond" a high enough bar for a wedding ring? Artificial gemstones are better-looking, more ethical, and made out of PURE SCIENCE™.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Tue Jun 02, 2015 7:53 am

After collecting the rest of the goods from the northwestern forest that he had left there, and confirming the trap remained empty, Petyor picked up his hammer and made his way over to where the iron ore stained the rocks with rust. Applying his knowledge of prospecting and rockfalls. Muscles pumping in steady rhythm, the bearded Cossack spent several hours breaking rock after rock. Inspecting each one after it shattered under his hammer, he eventually amassed a fine supply of the metal in the form of malleable native-rich rock. It would serve.

East he trudged, back laden with wood and iron for the building. His stomach grumbled, but the soon-to-be smith was content that his vegetables would soon quell that hunger. With a bit of raw meat from Maria and a hot fire, all would eat well. Not a bad trade for a morning's work. Upon arriving he dropped off the materials near the foundation he found Nicholas working on, nodding politely and joking "We might be wishing we could hide in the burner ourselves, with the cold chill in the air coming on."

Then south he walked, settling in near Nicholas' accustomed point of declamation. The Smith's Balustrade was a fascinating read. So many things one could do with a hammer and the right will. Eventually he reached the finis and closed it, contented. As Maria and Nicholas arrived for the night he passed out vegetables from his pack, taking time to cook up a delicious stew using the huntress' ironmongery. His belly was full and gurgling happily as he laid back and the Father spoke of Jesus and the disciples. Life could be worse, Petyor reflected as he bundled himself up in his winter cloak for the night.

6am-10:30am: Travel and Small Pasture building. -2 Wood, +2 Veg, Fiber (picked up soup recipe in main area at 6am)
10:30-7pm: Mine 2 Iron Ore
7pm-2am: Cook Soup, Eat, Listen to Sermon, Study Skill Book: Smithing
2am-8am: Sleep

Petyor: 10/10 HP 9/10 Vit 8/10 Faith
Woodworking, Smithing, Mining
NE Region Hole near Brick Burner: 3 Wood, 2 Iron, 1 Fiber, Skill Book: Fighting, 1 Vegetable
With Petyor: Axe, Winter Clothing, Hammer, Iron Armor, Skill Book: Smithing, Skill Book: Machining, Vegetable

As Norman approached him and spoke after the sermon, Petyor shook his head sadly. "I'm afraid I have more pressing matters. Winter is coming quickly, and we need more food before I can devote time to the luxury of education. Perhaps if we can lay in a good store and work out somewhere to sleep, a shelter, then we can talk again."
Last edited by G-Tech Corporation on Tue Jun 02, 2015 4:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:41 pm

"I understand. Thank you. Have a good night." Norman wished Petyor before departing to his claim.

Day 4: Norman awoke around 8:30 in the morning. He awoke to the bitter nipping of General winter coming to the gates of fall. Carefully he stood up, a new day ready to explore and enjoy. As always his first order of business was to take care of the sheep. He had already removed the fleece from it before which he had used to pay for the pasture, but now he noticed that there was enough for him to sheer again. For a half-hour he took care of the sheep but unlike most days, today he also sheared the sheep of its wool. "Baa baa black sheep have you any wool. Yes sir yes sir, three bakes full. One for my master, one for my master, one for my mate, and one for the little boy that lives down the lane. Baa Baa Black Sheep, have you any wool? Yes sir, yes sir, 3 bales full." Norman hummed to himself as he went about the task. By 9 o'clock he had finished. It was delightful to have completed and now although the sheep lay bare, he had a bundle to help him in the future.

He spent the next eight hours studying botany. If was around five in the afternoon when he had finished and felt he fully understood botany. Feeling famished he began to trek east, leaving his sheep safely inside the fenced pasture. He was there for around 6 hours gathering. He acquired some potatoes, some veggies, and some grain. With the veggies and potatoes acquired he proceeded to make soup. He spent the next half an hour eating the soup. It being 11:30 now he walked back to his site and went for a snooze in the barn.

Norman Northwest: 10/10 HP 8/10 Vit 10/10 Faith
Botany, Doctoring.
With Petyor: 4 grain, 1 Sheep, 1 sheers, 1 fibre,
Last edited by Cainesland on Tue Jun 02, 2015 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:59 pm

Day 5: Once more Norman woke up fairly late, at around 8 am. This time however, his stomach was not bothering him. However once more he needed to take care of his sheep. As had become routine he carefully took care of his sheep for half an hour. Norman took a stroll down to the northeast forest and foraged for 12 hours, obtaining for himself 2 pieces of grain, 2 veggies, 1 herb and 1 potato. It was around 8 at night before he had finished foraging. When he did finish, he turned 1 veggie and potato into soup, and 1 fibre and 1 herb into medicine supplies. He consumed the soup and returned to his claim to sleep. 8 hours later he would awake to explore the unknown reaches of the territory.

Norman Northwest: 10/10 HP 9/10 Vit 10/10 Faith
Botany, Doctoring
With Petyor: 6 grain, 1 Sheep, 1 sheers, 1 veggies, 1 medical supplies.
Last edited by Cainesland on Wed Jun 03, 2015 6:42 am, edited 2 times in total.

The Grim Reaper
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grim Reaper » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:32 am

More practicing of fishing. He had, in the morning, discussed with Peytor the coming days.

Winter would be harsh, no doubt, but with enough wood, they should be able to survive the cold.

The problem was food. There is little to eat. No vegetables in the surrounding, and Nicholas' newfound skills as a farmer would be useless. Peytor's traps had not yet paid off.

There was only one option left to him, which he had discussed with Peytor in the morning hours. It was a difficult choice.

The brick burner was so close to completion. A home would be so welcome. They could get the clay. They could burn the bricks.

But already, the Father had gone two days without any food at all, and one with just enough to stave off total starvation. No doubt the others would soon falter too.

There was little to it. The Father would continue practicing fishing. To understand the water, to see fish, to wait patiently and to preempt their movements and their habits. Without tools, he would be able to do little else.

But Peytor had promised to fix that. He would make a net. Hopefully. And, with luck, teach the Father how to use the net.

Move Skillbook (Masonry, Nicholas) from the open to Nicholas' storage cache hole
6:00am - 5:30pm: Practicing Fishing (4.5 hours + 11.5 = 16, 1/2 skill points)
5:30pm - 9:30pm: Dig clay (+4 clay)
9:30pm - 10:00pm: Travel to NE forest
Leave 4 clay at Brick Burner
10:00pm - 10:30pm: Travel to central area
10:30pm - 11pm: Eat 1 vegetable (from Peytor)
11pm - 12pm: Sermon (The Parable of the Prodigal Son)

End of Day 4:
-1 Vitality (-1 Nutrition) = 6 Vitality
-1 Faith (-1 Nutrition, -2 practice, +1 Sermon, +1 Elegant Clothes) = 11 Faith
Inventory: Elegant Clothes, Shovel, Holy Bible, Skillbook (Growing, Petyor)
Skills: Preaching, Masonry, Growing
2 Clay, 1 Fibre, 2 Skillbooks (Growing, Petyor) (Masonry, Nicholas) have been left in Nicholas' Storage Cache Hole
Brick Burner in NE Forest - 1 CBP (Requires 1 IBP, 1 WBP)
Last edited by The Grim Reaper on Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:41 am, edited 2 times in total.
Melbourne, Australia

A & Ω

Is "not a blood diamond" a high enough bar for a wedding ring? Artificial gemstones are better-looking, more ethical, and made out of PURE SCIENCE™.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:35 am

Awakening early, Petyor rose, and padded over to wash in the stream. It was cold, bracingly so, and the night had been somewhat nippy. Now the air really felt like winter's touch was upon it, and his nose almost fancied it could smell snow. But still it felt good to sluice the grim and dirt of labor from his body. Sadly he also came upon a grisly sight- the body of one of his fellow colonists, apparently mauled by wild beasts. Muttering a brief prayer over the saddening vista, the Russian wished he had known the man's name. But those who stayed in their cabins on the journey over were solitary folk. Still, in the midst of tragedy the Lord provided; the man had in his rucksack, untouched by the marauding creatures, a coiled net for fishing and some pots and pans. They would be useful for those that remained.

The net got Petyor thinking. With the forests increasingly looking bare, and no large signs of game to be seen, the silvery hordes that slipped past his legs upon the morn might be worth dipping into. Each was as large as a good hunk of beef, and the net was made just for scooping up their bounty. Some ice was beginning to form on the floes of the river, but still there was some open room to work with. For hour upon hour Petyor tried to work out how to use the net, dipping it into the water, chasing after the silvery bodies as they fled his fumbling footsteps. Eventually as the sun sank towards the horizon he had worked out how to slowly drag the net in such a way as to not afford the fish a way to escape. This was knowledge worth having, though it was tiring and taxing to acquire.

Stashing some of his spare gear in the other concealed hiding hole, along with the cookware, Petyor chomped down some of the vegetables, sharing the last few he had with the good Father as he warmed up for his speech. Perhaps tomorrow he would be able to use that net for something useful.

6am-10pm: Practiced Fishing (acquired Kitcheware and Net from Alvis' corpse)
10pm-11:30pm: Ate and listened to Sermon
11:30pm-7:30am: Slept
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Pac Kindom
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Pac Kindom » Wed Jun 03, 2015 10:33 am

On the forth day john woke at 5 am the night had been cold, sadly he found the body of one of his fellow colonists, He look around for the there
rucksack found some one had gone thro before him but he still found some thing useful an Hammer. He put it in his rucksack and set off towards South-Western Forest with his, axe tied to his waist and his rucksack on his back. Once reaching the forest began to continue to work on his log Log Cabin, Over the next 8 hours all that could be heard was the the hammering off wood and john sing badly but loudly.

Once the cabin was completed he Choose a long piece of wood for his bow. He place the wood on the ground, and with one hand holding it in place at the top and with other hand, press lightly against its middle. He then cut notches to hold the bow string and used a bit of fiber to string the bow by tied a loose loop with a very secure knot at both ends of your bowstring before slipping it over the lower, and then upper, limb of the bow.

5:00am: Acquired Hammer from Alvis' corpse)
5:00-5:30am: Walk to SW Forest
5:30-9:30 am: Build with Wood [+WBP, - 2 wood]
9:30-1:30pm: Build with Wood [+WBP, - 2 wood]
1:30-9:30: Craft Bow [-1 wood, -1 Fiber, Bow]
9:30-10:00pm: Eat Veggies [2 nutrition]
10:00-12:00pm: Craft Arrows [-1 Wood, +3 Arrow]
12pm-5am: Sleep

Day 4
-1 Faith, -1 Vitality: 2 Nutrition
12/12 Health, 6/10 Faith, 6/10 Vitality

John Bython
Skills: Hunting - Woodworking - Skill Sneaking (2/3)
Items:
Cabin
2 fiber
1 veg
1 wood
1 Spiced cooked meat
3 Arrow
Bow
Ax
Hammer
Kitchenware
Winter Clothing
Skill Book (Sneaking)
Trait: Tough
Last edited by Pac Kindom on Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:19 am, edited 5 times in total.
Hi

Please be Aware I DO have a learning disability which affects my spelling and my written Language

If I Have Made A Mistake, Please Let Me Know

Many Thanks

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Wed Jun 03, 2015 11:45 pm

On the 5th day, the winds became gentle and snow begun to fall, cotaing the forests in white. Meanwhile, the rivers and lakes froze in, making fishing difficult. Cold on day 5 is 2.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:03 am

Snow. Damnation. It had barely been autumn for a few days, and now the weather was turning as cold as could be. Petyor thanked his common sense in packing his fur trapping cloak- it had kept him warm through many high mountain storms and winters, and he still felt warm enough inside it today. As he awoke he noticed the Father shivering, and shrugged. It couldn't be helped for now. But there was still a good thing to report; he excitedly talked with Nicholas while pantomiming with the net how he had caught fish in the river, and how it could be done. Eventually the two settled down under a great pine where the snow had not accumulated much, and the Russian instructed Nicholas in how they could combine his knowledge of fish with the net to get at least some sustenance from the river. If, that was, it hadn't decided to be frozen. This was a puzzlement.

However, there was a solution that proffered itself easily enough. The sea never froze, and it was abundant in fish. Taking some wood after their talk, Petyor marched down the coast to refurbished the holed vessel that had carried some of his compatriots from the sinking Concord. It was only modestly damaged, and after a few hours of hammering and fitting sappy planks cut with his axe the tiny ship seemed seaworthy enough. Up the coast he rowed, back towards the foundation of the kiln the two men were working on. Handing over a net to Nicholas, who understood how to go about catching the leaping silvery bodies Petyor had noticed just off the frozen estuary, Petyor hoped the man could catch something worth eating. Surely God would reward his work, instead of leaving them both to starve through the chill months. They had just exhausted their last vestiges of food, and none of the others seemed to be in a better state, at least not the few colonists Petyor had seen.

Cooking any catch would need wood, and a fire to warm bodies through cold nights. Petyor spent a few hours cutting down an old forest giant, then limbing and hacking it up into usable faggots for the burning. Eventually he returned to the camp near the shore as night fell, stoking up a fire under a giant old pine to keep back winter's icy grip and grill up anything the preacher had managed to fish. Food, even a little bit of food, would help with the winter Starving Time.

6am-10am: Taught Nicholas Fishing
10am-4pm: Repaired Boat [-1 Wood]
4pm-5pm: Rowed Boat up to NE forest coastline
5pm-9pm: Cut Wood in NE [+3 Wood]
9pm-10pm: Building with Wood on Brick Burner [-2 Wood 1/4]
10pm-11pm: Made Campfire in NE forest near Brick Burner, Cooked Fish if caught
11pm-12am: Sermon
12am-8am: Slept

Petyor: 10/10 HP 8/10 Vit 6/10 Faith
Woodworking, Smithing, Mining, Fishing [1/2]
NE Region Hole near Brick Burner: 1 Wood, 2 Iron, 1 Fiber
With Petyor: Axe, Winter Clothing, Hammer, Iron Armor, Skill Book: Smithing, Skill Book: Machining, Skill Book: Fighting

The Grim Reaper
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grim Reaper » Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:29 am

Peytor was somewhat distraught. Nicholas could understand why, to tell the truth. But he would never admit it. He was the Shepard, and the colonists were his flock. No lost sheep.

No lost sheep.

Peytor had surprised Nicholas this morning. In the breaking dawn, Peytor had woken Nicholas up. Excitement in his eyes, and silver in his hands.

Well, not silver. But rope - fibres. A glistening net, for fishing. Perfect for fishing. And it was wet. Peytor had been practicing, for hours the previous day.

Oh, how hard it must have been for him. It was easy enough for Nicholas - he had few skills for working, and they all seemed rather conditional, compared to Peytor's woodworking. But at this point, food was growing ever-scarce.

He could see the bittersweet expression in Peytor's eyes. But so it was. Nicholas had already learnt how to follow the lines of fish, studying their movements and their reactions to prodding and excitement. Instead, Peytor had learnt with the net, carefully teaching himself how to cast and to reel in, and had carefully considered how to use the net in the boat he would be rebuilding.

It would take four hours, and then Nicholas could fish.

6:00am - 10am: Learn Fishing from Peytor (complete!)
10am - 2pm: Dig clay (+4 clay)
Leave shovel at clay pit
2:30pm - 3:00pm: Travel to NE forest
Leave 4 clay at Brick Burner
3:00pm - 5:00pm: Sleep
5:00pm - 5:30pm: Rowing Boat to sea

DAY 6
5:30pm - 1:30am: Fishing at sea
1:30am - 2:00am: Returning in Boat to NE forest
2:00am - 6:00am: Sleep

End of Day 5:
-3 Vitality (-3 Nutrition) = 3 Vitality
-2 Faith (-3 Nutrition, +1 Elegant Clothes) = 9 Faith
Inventory: Elegant Clothes, Holy Bible
Skills: Preaching, Masonry, Growing, Fishing
2 Clay, 1 Fibre, 2 Skillbooks (Growing, Petyor) (Masonry, Nicholas) have been left in Nicholas' Storage Cache Hole
Shovel left at claypit
Brick Burner in NE Forest - 1 CBP (Requires 1 IBP, 1 WBP)
Last edited by The Grim Reaper on Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Melbourne, Australia

A & Ω

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:18 am

Day 4, 9:30 AM

Elizabeth goes back to the forest, feeling happy to be done with everything she's been through. She dug a second hole with her bare hands in the woods so that it she may have more space to put stuff. She was feeling generous, so she fed her one remaining meat to Dave. She was desperate to find another human being, so she went to the pond, where there would undoubtedly be fishermen. She didn't think people would still be in the starting area, as they probably all went out to do stuff. As she travelled there, she held a deep conversation with Dave about her hopes and dreams and opinions on English politics.

When she arrived there, she saw Nicholas, practicing fishing. She said to him "Nicholas, good to see you!" She then closes in to give him a hug. "I've been out of town for a while and I need to ask you for a favor. Could you ask your flock to build me a tailor workshop? I need a place to make my winter clothes." She smiles at the man, hoping that it'll help her case.

Day 4 (so far)
Everything before 9:30AM secret activities
9:30AM-1:30PM dug second hole
1:30PM-2:00PM Traveling to the pond

Colonial Rhodesia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Colonial Rhodesia » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:15 pm

ApplePieistan wrote:
Colonial Rhodesia wrote:I shall come with you Campbell said with sympathy on his mind after all who is not to say we are only human and humans do after all make mistake you know that I know that even God almighty knows it :) *takes his belongings with him*

Elizabeth fakes a smile. "Great. Come along then, pastor. You're welcome to follow me to my desired location. She then begins walking away from that part of the forest. She says to Campbell on the way there "Do you have any food? I haven't eaten all day."

yes Campbell smiled I have at least a few pieces of bread and a canteen of cool water
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life."-Cecil John Rhodes
Fighting Communism North of the Zambesi since 1965

The Grim Reaper
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby The Grim Reaper » Thu Jun 04, 2015 10:36 pm

Day 4, 9:30 AM

Nicholas accepted the hug with a smile.

"Ah, Elizabeth. Yes, I was wondering what you had been doing. I hope you are well."

As Elizabeth made her request, Nicholas' smile drooped slightly, as he considered the request. A tailor's workshop...it would require materials, precious materials that could be used to build shelter.

But a tailor's workshop would be significantly easier to build. Wood...maybe brick instead. If it were made of wood and brick, Peytor could complete part of the workshop and Nicholas could complete the other. However, Nicholas was the only man who would be able to fish, once he had finished his practice. And winter was looming ever closer.

"Well, Elizabeth. For a tailor's workshop, it is likely you would need to enlist the services of Peytor. He would be able to complete such a workshop alone, with his woodworking skills, and he may be favourable towards doing so in exchange for favours from either you, or those who would request winter clothes from you.

I could discuss the matter with him, but you know the trade better than I do. You may tell him, on my behalf, that it does seem like a smart move.

That being said, do remember how important our time is. We have the community to consider, and the wood for such a workshop could go towards a shelter. Do you have any other trade you could use?"
Melbourne, Australia

A & Ω

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:24 pm

Day 6.

The snow would keep on piling up this day. Luckily, it didn't get any colder then it already is (2 Cold). Wolves howled in the night. They too were hungry...

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:41 pm

Elizabeth then walked away, saddened by Nicholas's refusal to help her. Elizabeth really wanted to get that tailor workshop running so that she could make pretty garments and a falconers glove. However, she also thought that if she went to Petyor, he would demand payment beforehand. Elizabeth considered how she could get him payment. She considered shagging him, allowing him to shag Dave, and that was all the ideas she had. Neither of those options seemed preferable, so she was pretty much out of ideas. She decided to go do other stuff for some time.

Pac Kindom
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Pac Kindom » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:06 am

John woke just before dawn and shiver as he look out of the cabin on to the snow and dress in his Winter Clothing. Considering how on one had spoken him he set out to go hunting, so he get some thing to trade. He grabe his ax and his bow and went about looking for deer, rabbits, or any other meat he could find.

5:00am: Dress in Winter Clothing
5:00-11:00am: Hunting
11:00-12:00pm: Butcher animal
12:00-6:00am: Study Skill Book: Sneaking [+1 Skill Sneaking (3/3)]
10:30-11:00pm: 2 meat [2 nutrition]
12am-8am: Slept

Day 5
2 Nutrition
12/12 Health, 5/10 Faith, 5/10 Vitality

John Bython
Skills: Hunting - Woodworking - Fishing - Sneaking
Items:
Cabin
2 fiber
1 Veggies
1 wood
1 Spiced cooked meat
2 Meat
3 Arrow
Bow
Ax
Hammer
Kitchenware
Winter Clothing
Skill Book (Sneaking)
Last edited by Pac Kindom on Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:28 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Hi

Please be Aware I DO have a learning disability which affects my spelling and my written Language

If I Have Made A Mistake, Please Let Me Know

Many Thanks

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Fri Jun 05, 2015 5:48 am

A full belly. The Russian had almost forgotten how good that felt. As he awoke though, for the first time in days, no hunger gnawed at his attention and weakened his hands. The gamble had paid off; despite the time invested, and the ice choking the river, Nicholas had been able to catch several worthy morsels in the waters off the coast. That little boat had served well. After cooking on a low fire, grease dripping from sizzling silver, the fried fish garnished with a few tasty herbs had been positively divine compared to the light herbs and soup Petyor had eaten for as long as since the wreck. Now, with the needs of the flesh fulfilled, it was time to make this little stretch of coastline look more like a home.

Working on the skeleton of wood he had erected the day before, Petyor worked through fur gloves with hammer and timber to erect a small building over the clay foundations that were prepared. It wasn't a work of art, but it was solid and would keep out beast or brigand. Within it he carefully heated the native iron over a tiny flame to soften it, then worked it with hammer and patience into a large chimney and flue to concentrate the heat of a fire prepared in the clay pit up into the burning chamber of the kiln. Clay placed here, with enough wood to fire it, could be made as hard as rock. It was a great first step towards better things. He transferred some of the more valuable objects the two men owned into the small storage closet within the kiln, which could be used later for the bricks themselves, then as a final measure forged a small lock and two tiny keys. Better safe than sorry.

8am-11am: Finished Building with Wood
11am-3pm: Built with Iron to finish Brick Burner
3pm-7pm: Cut Wood in NE Forest
7pm-10pm: Studied Growing from Skill Book
10pm-11pm: Built Campfire, cooked Fish for self and Nicholas.
12am-8am: Sleep

Petyor: 10/10 HP 8/10 Vit 6/10 Faith
Woodworking, Smithing, Mining, Fishing [1/2], Growing [0.5/2]
NE Region Brick Burner: 1 Wood, 1 Fiber
With Petyor: Axe, Winter Clothing, Hammer, Iron Armor, Skill Book: Smithing, Skill Book: Machining, Skill Book: Fighting

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:04 am

Pac Kindom wrote:John woke just before dawn and shiver as he look out of the cabin on to the snow and dress in his Winter Clothing. Considering how on one had spoken him he set out to go hunting, so he get some thing to trade. He grabe his ax and his bow and went about looking for deer, rabbits, or any other meat he could find.

5:00am: Dress in Winter Clothing
5:00-11:00am: Hunting
11:00-5:00pm: Hunting
12pm-5am: Sleep

Day 5 Part 1
-1 Faith, -1 Vitality: 2 Nutrition
12/12 Health, 6/10 Faith, 6/10 Vitality

John Bython
Skills: Hunting - Woodworking - Skill Sneaking (2/3)
Items:
Cabin
2 fiber
1 veg
1 wood
1 Spiced cooked meat
3 Arrow
Bow
Ax
Hammer
Kitchenware
Winter Clothing
Skill Book (Sneaking)

Sometime around midday, John stumbled upon a... deer! It was standing in the middle of a field, eating from a tiny patch of grass that he cleared of snow earlier. A few moments after John arrived, Wolves howled in the distance, frightening the deer. It begun to run In John's direction, Giving him an opportunity to shoot it right in between the eyes. (Combat takes place: -30 Minuts.)
Auto resolve:

Turn 1 actions:
Deer (3HP 3 DMG/Turn (DPT) runs.
John shoots deer with bow and arrow

Result, Deer is dead. This Deer can now be butchered for 4 meat and 2 leather.
Last edited by Harkback Union on Fri Jun 05, 2015 11:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:10 pm

Elizabeth spent the rest of her day studying botanics. Because she spent 2 hours studying botanics on the first day, she didn't need to lose any more faith to continue it. She looked at plants that she only semi-recognized, experimenting with them to see which are good and which are not. Whenever she discovered something knew or interesting about the herbs she studied, she would always tell Dave. She would tell him things like "Ooh, this one is smelly on the inside!" Or "This one also responds to gravity!"

This happened for 7 hours. After 7 hours, Dave had fallen asleep at this time, so Elizabeth decided to join him. Elizabeth had her elegant clothing on, giving her enough warmth. She took one leather out of the hole she dug to use as a pillow. It was nothing like a normal pillow, but it was something. Elizabeth started counting the stars, but fell asleep after she counted 2.

Day 4
Everything before 9:30AM (including eating) secret activities
9:30AM-1:30PM dug second hole
1:30PM-2:00PM Traveling to the pond
2:00PM-2:30PM traveling back to the forest
2:30PM-9:30PM studying botanics
9:30PM-7:30AM sleep

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Fri Jun 05, 2015 12:50 pm

Elizabeth woke up next to Dave at 7:30AM. She had slept for 10 hours, making her a bit healthier. She pet Dave on the head and said "Did you have a nice sleep, darling? I sure did." Dave then looked at her with no expression. Elizabeth then cried "Oh, you knew I was lying! I had a nightmare about French people. It was really bad." Dave just looked at Elizabeth and said nothing.

Elizabeth then said "Alright, as much as I'd love to tell you about the nightmare, I better work. We need to study plants more, or we won't be able to pick the prettiest flowers." She then studied botanics for 7 hours. She would've studied more, but the boredom would've given her rigor mortis. To alleviate boredom, she decided to go on a hunting expedition with Dave (she is in the northeast forest). She said to Dave "Alright, Dave, fly high! Swoop down and attack what looks tasty."

Day 5
7:30 AM-2:30PM studying botanics
2:30PM-8:30 PM hunting with Dave
Gained: +1 botanics skill point from studying, +1 HP from sleep
HP: 7
Faith: 0
Vitality: 10
Last edited by ApplePieistan on Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Fri Jun 05, 2015 1:30 pm

ApplePieistan wrote:Elizabeth woke up next to Dave at 7:30AM. She had slept for 10 hours, making her a bit healthier. She pet Dave on the head and said "Did you have a nice sleep, darling? I sure did." Dave then looked at her with no expression. Elizabeth then cried "Oh, you knew I was lying! I had a nightmare about French people. It was really bad." Dave just looked at Elizabeth and said nothing.

Elizabeth then said "Alright, as much as I'd love to tell you about the nightmare, I better work. We need to study plants more, or we won't be able to pick the prettiest flowers." She then studied botanics for 7 hours. She would've studied more, but the boredom would've given her rigor mortis. To alleviate boredom, she decided to go on a hunting expedition with Dave (she is in the northeast forest). She said to Dave "Alright, Dave, fly high! Swoop down and attack what looks tasty."

Day 5
7:30 AM-2:30PM studying botanics
2:30PM-8:30 PM hunting with Dave
Gained: +1 botanics skill point from studying, +1 HP from sleep
HP: 7
Faith: 0
Vitality: 10

After a hours of tracking a trail of tiny footprints in the snow, Elizabeth came a cross a tiny dirt cave under the roots of a cave. It only had one, narrow entrance. Inside the cave was a large guinea pig and 2 smaller, baby guinea pigs. The cave could be dug out with a shovel or a pickaxe in no more then 2 hours. Alternatively, If a trap was to be set up right in front of the cave, it would surely catch one of the pigs.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse