NATION

PASSWORD

The Pioneers - IC

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Grim Reaper
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby The Grim Reaper » Sat May 30, 2015 9:23 pm

Diggy, diggy hole.

The clay hole, in which clay shall be stored for great prosperity. Truly, a work of art.

Nicholas placed his clay in the hole. It will remain there, until he requires it for the production of bricks and the like. For now, he must forage. The first day had been hard on him - he had had nothing to eat. But, at least he could now perform the work of the bricklayer.

And so he travelled the the northwest forest. Partly, he wished to gather food, and partly, so that he could find the book Petyor had left in that forest. A book on growing, which would be exceptionally useful to him moving forward, no doubt. After a lunch - one vegetable, but it was delicious regardless - Nicholas collected the little skillbook, and returned to the central area, where he read much of the book's contents (leaving one, fascinating chapter for tomorrow), and gave a sermon on the story of Genesis.

From nothing, God created the world. From the world, God created humans. From humans, God created selves.

Tomorrow, he would go back to digging clay, most likely. Finish the book on growing. And talk to Petyor about burning brick, so that the Father could begin building a city for his congregation - and someday, a church.

6am - 6:30am: Dig a hole at the main site
Place 4 clay in hole
6:30am - 7am: Travel to the NW forest
7:00am - 12:00pm: Forage (+1 Fibre, +1 Vegetable)
12:00pm - 12:30pm: Eat Vegetable
Collect Petyor's Skillbook (Growing)
12:30pm - 1pm: Travel to central area
1pm - 11pm: Study Growing (2 Hours left)
11pm - 12pm: Sermon (The Story of Creation)

End of Day 2:
-1 Vitality (-1 No Nutrition) = 6 Vitality
+1 Faith (-1 No Nutrition, +1 Sermon, +1 Elegant Clothes) = 12 Faith
+1 Warmth (Elegant Clothes)
Inventory: Elegant Clothes, Shovel, Holy Bible, Skillbook (Growing, Petyor)
1 Skillbook (Masonry, Nicholas) has been left in the open at the main site
4 Clay, 1 Fibre are in Nicholas' storage cache hole

The Father stretched his arms, and legs. He was unharmed, for the most part, and it seemed those who were left were the same.

It had been a merciful wreck - those who lived could, perhaps, make their own way into this new world. There were none who would need to be cared for into a swift death, none who could not work.

He had managed to leave with just a few belongings - the clothes on his back, his shovel, and his two books, wrapped carefully in his elegant robes. His Holy Bible, and his little diary from the village elder. They would, no doubt, both govern his directions in this strange place.

The Father gave the totem a cursory look. There would be no time to spend studying it, or to protect it, despite his worries that his more practical comrades would misunderstand the spirit of the commandments. For a good Christian man to place too much store in the pagan idols is a danger - they have no meaning to us, and so they are the business of those that they do hold meaning to.

The Father made his feelings quite clear to those around him, although he was not certain everyone had heard.

"This idol is not ours. Leave it be, and the Lord will be pleased by those who turn the other cheek. The idols have no power over devout Christians, divine or otherwise."

But he had already made plans - he owed Peyotr a hole, in exchange for food. The Father was not a hunter. He was as much an animal lover as anyone else, but he had been brought up in harsh conditions. He knew these things had to be done. However, he was not particularly good at doing them. So he would earn his keep with shovel and Bible.

So he walked to the North-West Forest, intending to dig two holes, and would return to dig clay, and read this book on Masonry.

At 11 PM, he would give a sermon on the feeding of the multitudes. The Lord provides - for we may be capable of little, but when we bring our work together, we can create a life for thousands.

5am - 5:30: Walk to NW Forest
5:30 - 6:30: Dig two holes at NW forest
6:30 - 7: Return to central area
8am - 8pm: Reading Skillbook (Masonry) (12 hours, skill completed)
Dump Skillbook (Masonry) in central area
8pm - 11pm: Dig Clay (+4 Clay)
11pm - 12pm: Preaching (The Feeding of the 5,000)

End of Day 1:
-3 Vitality (-3 No Nutrition) = 7 Vitality
-1 Faith (-3 No Nutrition, +1 Sermon, +1 Elegant Clothes) = 11 Faith
+1 Warmth (Elegant Clothes)
Inventory: Elegant Clothes, Shovel, Holy Bible, 4 Clay
1 Skillbook (Masonry) has been left in the open at the main site

End of Day 2:

Inventory: Elegant Clothes, Shovel, Holy Bible, Skillbook (Growing, Peytor)
1 Skillbook (Masonry, Nicholas) has been left in the open at the main site
4 clay has been stored in a hole at the main site
Last edited by The Grim Reaper on Sun May 31, 2015 9:58 pm, edited 6 times in total.
If I can't play bass, I don't want to be part of your revolution.
Melbourne, Australia

A & Ω

Is "not a blood diamond" a high enough bar for a wedding ring? Artificial gemstones are better-looking, more ethical, and made out of PURE SCIENCE™.

Harkback Union
Post Marshal

Founded: Sep 01, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Harkback Union » Sun May 31, 2015 7:41 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Petyor stretched, cracking his back as he awoke from a pretty restful sleep. He was a bit tired though, his belly gnawing at his backbone; just a few handfuls of vegetables was hardly a way to sustain a body, especially with the labor that had gone into yesterday, both mentally and physically. It would do better to find more to eat today- perhaps he could try his hand at hunting. Or agriculture. This was a fertile climate. It wouldn't take long for the seeds he had saved from the vegetables to germinate, and he hadn't seen anyone else foraging in this stretch of rolling woodland. There had to be some other food out there worth filling his proverbial granary pit with.

Sitting down as the dawn rose, he studied the agricultural text further. It spoke of plowing and reaping and tending and sowing, until eventually as the sun mounted the sky he came to the end of the literary text. His mind was bursting with new knowledge of germination and soil. Perhaps later, when Father Nicholas returned with his shovel, there might be good that could be done with his seeds. For now though, food he would need. Off the dour Russian trudged into the forest, looking for patches of round vegetables like those he had consumed the day before.

Strangely though, the forest was different this time. Many of the flowers have disappeared. Plants that previously offered grain to Petyor were nothing but a patch of weed. The rest of the foliage on the ground also showed signs of decay while the leaves of the trees have turned yellow and brown. Could it be that autumn has arrived? The Concord was scheduled to arrive in the summer.

Regardless, there were still vegetables around and the weeds seemed to be strong enough to be used to make ropes or cloth out of.

+1 Fiber and +1 Vegetables.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Founded: Feb 03, 2010
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Sun May 31, 2015 7:53 am

Glad at finding some food, Petyor was satisfied. The swiftly changing nature of the forest he could not comprehend, such a change in a single day, but this was after all a strange land. With at least a morsel prepared for supper, it was time to look at longer-term solutions than bumbling around like a useless fellow in search of food. He gleaned a bit longer, amassing a larger supply of the vegetables. He had meant to start planting, but with autumn approaching it would be foolhardy to begin planting only now. Rather he should gather before the coming of winter and snow, and perhaps work on a dwelling tomorrow to protect others less well-equipped from the elements.

Traveling south and east to the main area, Petyor took a brief nap, awakening as Nicholas began warming up for his sermon. He then ate his vegetables, saving the seeds; it wasn't fully satisfying, but after a hard day's work they were like ambrosia. The Russian than sat down, listening to the sermon, before sleeping for the night under a bush.

5am-11am: Skill Book (Smithing)
11am-5pm: Woodcutting [+5 Wood]
5pm-8pm: Foraging [+Veg]
8pm-10:30: Travel/Making Spear
10:30-11pm: Eating Veg
11pm-Midnight: Sermon
12am-6am Sleeping

-1 Faith, -1 Vitality: 2 Nutrition
Petyor: 10/10 Health, 8/10 Faith, 8/10 Vitality
Last edited by G-Tech Corporation on Tue Jun 02, 2015 5:27 am, edited 9 times in total.
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

Colonial Rhodesia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Colonial Rhodesia » Sun May 31, 2015 9:02 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Glad at finding some food, Petyor was satisfied. The swiftly changing nature of the forest he could not comprehend, such a change in a single day, but this was after all a strange land. With at least a morsel prepared for supper, it was time to look at longer-term solutions than bumbling around like a useless fellow in search of food. He gleaned a bit longer, amassing a larger supply of the vegetables. He had meant to start planting, but with autumn approaching it would be foolhardy to begin planting only now. Rather he should gather before the coming of winter and snow, and perhaps work on a dwelling tomorrow to protect others less well-equipped from the elements.

Traveling south and east to the main area, Petyor took a brief nap, awakening as Nicholas began warming up for his sermon. He then ate his vegetables, saving the seeds; it wasn't fully satisfying, but after a hard day's work they were like ambrosia. The Russian than sat down, listening to the sermon, before sleeping for the night under a bush.

5am-11am: Skill Book (Growing)
11am-5pm: Foraging [+Veg, Fiber]
5pm-8pm: Foraging [+Veg]
8pm-10:30: Travel/Sleeping
10:30-11pm: Eating Veg
11pm-Midnight: Sermon
12am-4am: Sleeping

Petyor: 10/10 Health, 8/10 Faith, 8/10 Vitality

so far so good 8)
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life."-Cecil John Rhodes
Fighting Communism North of the Zambesi since 1965

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 06, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Sun May 31, 2015 9:52 am

After butchering one guinea pig, Elizabeth decides that it is now time to butcher the furry creature that Dave brought back. Dave had caught 2, but he needed to eat one of them, leaving only one for Elizabeth. Elizabeth, wanting to study these plants more (practice botanics), though she had already done so for 2 hours. She decided to study these plants for another 4 hours, which would leave 2 hours to go back to where he came from and eat the butchered animals. She decided to eat the 3 meat she had, then put her 2 leather into the hole she dug.

She then walked back to the main site with the intention of praying to the totem before bed, but when she got there, she realized that it had been dismantled. She kneels down to the pile of scrap that remains and whispers to it "I will avenge you. Don't you worry, totem spirit. I will make sure that whoever did this to you will suffer." She pauses. "But first, you need a proper funeral. I will burn this wood here so that you will rise to the heavens." She then begins to start a campfire with the wood from the totem. She has all parts of the totem in the fire so that it may all reach heaven.

As she tries to start the fire, she makes a speech to him. "Oh, great totem spirit. I thank you for your bounty of food that you granted to me and Dave. Because of you, I do not starve tonight. I do not know who dismantled you, but I swear undying animosity to he who is responsible." Once the fire starts, she falls asleep by the fire's warmth.

5am-6am praying to the totem
6:00am-6:30pm going to the forest
6:30am-12:30pm falcon goes hunting
6:30am-8:30am studying botanics
8:30am-11:30am digging a hole
11:30am-12:00pm combat
12:00pm-1:00pm butchering
1:00pm-2:00pm digging a hole
2:00pm-3:00pm more butchering
3:00pm-7:00pm studying botanics
7:00pm-8:30pm eating meat
8:30pm-9:00pm go to main site
9:00pm-9:30pm start campfire
9:30pm-5:30am sleep
+1 warmth from campfire
+1 warmth from elegant coat
3 nutrition

Pac Kindom
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Pac Kindom » Sun May 31, 2015 11:57 am

John woke up on the sandy beach and quickly found they found that they stranded on he got up and sorted his rucksack out and put it on his back. his life at home taunt him the that he needed two things food and shelter. John set off towards South-Western Forest with his,axe tied to his waist and his rucksack on his back.
Once reaching the forest began to spent the next few hours searching for edible plants, a job at home he did a lot and he knew generally happy that he could identify new plants that were edible. After finding some edible plants. He set apon the trees with his axe. As the sun set he headed back to the main area.

5:00-8:00am: Study Skill Book: Sneaking [+0.5 Skill Sneaking (0.5/3)]
8:00-8:30am: Walk to SW Forest
8:30-2:30 pm: Gather [+Veg,+fiber ]
2:30-6:30pm: Cut Wood with Axe [+3 Wood]
6:30-10:30pm: Cut Wood with Axe [+3 Wood]
10:30-11:00pm: Walk to main area
11:00-11:30pm: Eat Veggies [2 nutrition]
11:30-12:00pm Rest
11-12pm: Listen to Sermon
12pm-5am: Sleep

5:00-5:30am: Walk to SW Forest
5:30-11:30 am: Gather [+Veg, +fiber]
11:30-5:30pm: Gather [+Veg]
5:30-9:30pm: Cut Wood with Axe [+3 Wood]
9:30-10:00pm: Walk to main area
10:00-10:30pm: Eat Veggies [2 nutrition]
10:30-11:00pm Rest
11-12pm: Listen to Sermon

Day 1
12/12 Health, 9/10 Faith, 9/10 Vitality
Day 2
12/12 Health, 8/10 Faith, 8/10 Vitality

John Bython
Skills: Hunting - Woodworking
Items:
1 vegs
2 fiber
9 wood
1 Spiced cooked meat
Winter Clothing, Axe, Skill Book (Sneaking)
Trait: Tough
Last edited by Pac Kindom on Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:56 am, edited 6 times in total.
Hi

Please be Aware I DO have a learning disability which affects my spelling and my written Language

If I Have Made A Mistake, Please Let Me Know

Many Thanks

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Founded: Feb 28, 2014
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Sun May 31, 2015 3:12 pm

Norman rose at around 05:00 on his claim. He stretched his arms and legs and stood up. The first order of business for the day would be to to attend to the needs of his sheep (05:00 - 05:30). However once that was finished he realized how hungry he was and went into the south-west forest to forage. It was to be around 6 hours before he was to return to his multi-hectare claim, carrying in his pack a pile of veggies and fiber (+1 veggies, +1 fiber). He spent the next half-hour consuming his veggies. With his hunger out of the way, he required something to spend his time on, and botany provided a handy filler for that. He again went into the forest, this time to practice his knowledge of the plant-life to further his skills with botany. eight hours later he came back to his claim. He then went to sleep until 4 am.

05:00 - 05:30 Sheep maintenace

05:30 - 11:30 Foraging (+1 Veggies & Fiber)

11:30 - 12:00 Eating (+2 daily nutrition)

12:00 - 20:00 Practicing botany

20:00 - 04:00 sleeping

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Sun May 31, 2015 3:49 pm

Elizabeth opened her eyes at 5:30, being reminded of the totem's destruction by the smell of the totem's meat that had been burning for 8 hours. She got up and said to Dave "Alright, Dave. For us to take out the foul beast that destroyed the totem, we need to find him, yes, but we'll also need some muscle on our side. Remember those large footsteps that we saw in the forest? We should follow them. Maybe it'll lead to a giant that can squish him. What do you think of that?"
"Squak!"
"That's right, we do need to find who is responsible. To do that, we'll need to interrogate all the townsfolk to see what they know. We'd have to be discreet, interrogate without them even knowing it. You'll see what I mean. Before I go, we need to pray!" Elizabeth then prays to the fire for an hour, as it was made from the pieces of the totem.

Elizabeth and Dave both began walking to the forest. She wanted to follow the footprints, but on the way there, she sees Norman, foraging. She shouts "Dave, I am so glad that that heathen totem was torn down! I worshipped it, but when it was torn down, I was reminded of the story of Moses smashing the golden calf and it brought me back to the Lord! Oh, if only I knew who to thank for saving me from it! Oh hello, doctor! Fancy meeting you here! Say, do you know who destroyed that nasty totem?"

Last edited by ApplePieistan on Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:05 am, edited 2 times in total.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Sun May 31, 2015 9:07 pm

The third day approached much like the others, this time a bit earlier though at 4 in the morning. Norman opened his eyes, starting with his right and then his left. He was lying in a meadow, curled up on the ground. He spread out like a starfish as he stretched his limbs. Carefully he rolled onto his side and using his arms pushed himself up off the ground to stand up. He looked up when he was on one knee, coming face to face with his sheep. "BAA" said the sheep. "Ya I will deal with you now". Norman said, looking at the sheep.
Norman got to his feet and spent the following half an hour taking care of his sheep. It was to be 4:30 in the morning before he had finished with that task of attending to his sheep as its Shepard. With that out of the way he had to deal with his hunger. He made his way to the north western forest. Unfortunately it seemed likely that the forest above his multi-hectare claim was depleted of its veggies. He proceeded to make his way south-west toward the large forest and proceeded to begin gathering for the next 6 hours. Finding success he decided to make his way east to find Petyor. He required his assistance to build a pasture.

04:00 - 04:30 Sheep maintenance

04:30 - 05:00 Travel to the northwest forest

05:00 - 05:30 Looks around northwest forest and realizes its been picked clean with a fine tooth-comb.

05:30 - 06:00 Travels to the south-western large forest

06:00 - 12:00 Gathers

12:00 - 12:30 Eats

12:30 - 13:00 Travels through the central region to the north eastern forest.

13:00 - 13:30 Looks around for Peytor.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:20 am

ApplePieistan wrote:Elizabeth opened her eyes at 5:30, being reminded of the totem's destruction by the smell of the totem's meat that had been burning for 8 hours. She got up and said to Dave "Alright, Dave. For us to take out the foul beast that destroyed the totem, we need to find him, yes, but we'll also need some muscle on our side. Remember those large footsteps that we saw in the forest? We should follow them. Maybe it'll lead to a giant that can squish him. What do you think of that?"
"Squak!"
"That's right, we do need to find who is responsible. To do that, we'll need to interrogate all the townsfolk to see what they know. We'd have to be discreet, interrogate without them even knowing it. You'll see what I mean. Before I go, we need to pray!" Elizabeth then prays to the fire for an hour, as it was made from the pieces of the totem.

Elizabeth and Dave both began walking to the forest. She wanted to follow the footprints, but on the way there, she sees Norman, foraging. She shouts "Dave, I am so glad that that heathen totem was torn down! I worshipped it, but when it was torn down, I was reminded of the story of Moses smashing the golden calf and it brought me back to the Lord! Oh, if only I knew who to thank for saving me from it! Oh hello, Doctor! Fancy meeting you here! Say, do you know who destroyed that nasty totem?"

Norman had just recognized that this forest was picked clean with a fine tooth-comb and was about to go to the south-western large forest when he heard a call from Elizabeth. <I wonder what she needs.> He thought to himself. "Yes I am aware of who destroyed the idol." He answered. The situation seemed strange to him, but he believed her, after all it's a sin to tell a lie.
Last edited by Cainesland on Mon Jun 01, 2015 7:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Jun 01, 2015 8:28 am

Upon arising for the day, Petyor was presented with a world of opportunities. The leaves were changing color to brilliant reds and oranges- definitely signs of fall in this temperate climate. He had no desire to freeze and starve in the winter, and recalled that one of the other colonists had brought a wooly animal to the New World with them. What was the man's name? Nero? Noman? Noman was probably it. Something like that. When they had first landed Petyor had noticed the fellow trekking off in a south-western direction, towards the clearing where it would graze. Noticing the fuzzy creature happily munching on grass, he looked about for a bit and eventually espied the fellow, as well as one of the two ladies who had come ashore. They were talking, but seemed to not be in too deep of a conversation, so he walked over and hailed them.

"Good morning! Noman, was it? I wanted to talk about getting a pasture up for your fuzzy friend here."
Quite the unofficial fellow. Former P2TM Mentor specializing in faction and nation RPs, as well as RPGs. Always happy to help.

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:07 am

Cainesland wrote:
ApplePieistan wrote:Elizabeth opened her eyes at 5:30, being reminded of the totem's destruction by the smell of the totem's meat that had been burning for 8 hours. She got up and said to Dave "Alright, Dave. For us to take out the foul beast that destroyed the totem, we need to find him, yes, but we'll also need some muscle on our side. Remember those large footsteps that we saw in the forest? We should follow them. Maybe it'll lead to a giant that can squish him. What do you think of that?"
"Squak!"

Elizabeth and Dave both began walking to the forest. She wanted to follow the footprints, but on the way there, she sees Norman, foraging. She shouts "Dave, I am so glad that that heathen totem was torn down! I worshipped it, but when it was torn down, I was reminded of the story of Moses smashing the golden calf and it brought me back to the Lord! Oh, if only I knew who to thank for saving me from it! Oh hello, Doctor! Fancy meeting you here! Say, do you know who destroyed that nasty totem?"

Norman had just recognized that this forest was picked clean with a fine tooth-comb and was about to go to the south-western large forest when he heard a call from Elizabeth. <I wonder what she needs.> He thought to himself. "Yes I am aware of who destroyed the idol." He answered. The situation seemed strange to him, but he believed her, after all it's a sin to tell a lie.

Elizabeth was surprised how easily it seemed that she would get this information. She says to Norman "Oh, this is great news! Who is this fine man that tore down that evil totem? Dave sat there, looking around for prey to eat. He was about to fly somewhere, but Elizabeth whispered to him "Not now, Dave," which made Dave stay put.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:27 am

Petyor nodded happily as Elizabeth spoke, adding his voice to hers. "Indeed. That was bravely done, whoever dismantled the effigy to the false gods. I'm not one to cast the first stone, but idols are idols." He turned to Elizabeth, gray eyes looking at her falcon appreciatively. "That is an impressive beast you have there, ma'am. Were you trying to train him to stay on your shoulder by bobbing up and down in front of the idol when we first landed?"

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:35 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Petyor nodded happily as Elizabeth spoke, adding his voice to hers. "Indeed. That was bravely done, whoever dismantled the effigy to the false gods. I'm not one to cast the first stone, but idols are idols." He turned to Elizabeth, gray eyes looking at her falcon appreciatively. "That is an impressive beast you have there, ma'am. Were you trying to train him to stay on your shoulder by bobbing up and down in front of the idol when we first landed?"

Elizabeth looked confused. "As a good Christian, I cannot tell a lie. I was bowing to the totem. I was ignorant, misguided, led astray. Just like how Moses destroyed the golden calf, some brave man destroyed the totem, which shown me the light and restored my faith in God. I'm not saying whoever destroyed the totem is a prophet, but he deserves a firm handshake for his efforts."

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:46 am

ApplePieistan wrote:
Cainesland wrote:

Elizabeth was surprised how easily it seemed that she would get this information. She says to Norman "Oh, this is great news! Who is this fine man that tore down that evil totem? Dave sat there, looking around for prey to eat. He was about to fly somewhere, but Elizabeth whispered to him "Not now, Dave," which made Dave stay put.

Well I cannot commit false witness here, the gentleman that dismantled it was myself. For you see it was against gods wishes to have the worship of him by idols and the worship of other gods. It was necessary to destroy so as to maintain the faith of all of us settlers. But I left all the pieces behind, I am not a thief." Norman said smiling. Then noticing that Peytor had found him, he responded to him. "Sir, I would be grateful if you could assist me by building me a small pasture. What would you like in return good sir?" He asked curiously.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:50 am

The Russian nodded, hand stroking his deep brown beard in thought. A smile spread across his face, a bit sad. "My father taught me to trust men little, and to trust those who said they were not lying to me even less. Walk without sin, Elizabeth, ere your soul be found wanting by our Father above." He then turned, speaking in his thick Caucasus accent to Norman. "Well, that is a matter for thought. It took me the better part of a day to fell the wood that I could use to enclose a parcel of land for your sheep, and several hours more to erect a sturdy fence to keep out any beasts of the night. My belly calls for food, and it is already past time for breakfast- if you could provide me with, say, a day's worth of food and some of the wool from thine flocking fellow, I would be right glad to aid you in your need."

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:54 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:The Russian nodded, hand stroking his deep brown beard in thought. A smile spread across his face, a bit sad. "My father taught me to trust men little, and to trust those who said they were not lying to me even less. Walk without sin, Elizabeth, ere your soul be found wanting by our Father above." He then turned, speaking in his thick Caucasus accent to Norman. "Well, that is a matter for thought. It took me the better part of a day to fell the wood that I could use to enclose a parcel of land for your sheep, and several hours more to erect a sturdy fence to keep out any beasts of the night. My belly calls for food, and it is already past time for breakfast- if you could provide me with, say, a day's worth of food and some of the wool from thine flocking fellow, I would be right glad to aid you in your need."

"I was about to depart for my daily gathering trip and I already possess a single piece of fiber. Would you be willing to accept what I gather and the fiber I have now and I will give you a bundle of wool upon the next shearing tomorrow?" Norman suggested, hoping that he could give him a down payment and give the rest later.
Last edited by Cainesland on Mon Jun 01, 2015 9:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:10 am

Petyor shook his head. "I'm afraid I have little use for wool, aside from as a bowstring, and I need only about a shearing's worth for that. Food is much better. Two bushels of vegetables and a bushel of wool?" The Russian proffered his hand, the one not holding a hammer for the work to be begun, even as the timber protruded from his rucksack.

Cainesland
Postmaster-General

Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cainesland » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:19 am

G-Tech Corporation wrote:Petyor shook his head. "I'm afraid I have little use for wool, aside from as a bowstring, and I need only about a shearing's worth for that. Food is much better. Two bushels of vegetables and a bushel of wool?" The Russian proffered his hand, the one not holding a hammer for the work to be begun, even as the timber protruded from his rucksack.

Norman did not see much choice to be had, he needed it for his sheep to be safe. Veggies were scarce but they had to be gathered for the lumberjack to be paid. "I accept your terms" Norman stated. "I can pay you the bushel of fiber now and the 2 bushels of veggies later if you are ok with that arrangement sir." Norman said thinking that he would be able to pay the veggies once he acquired some from gathering.

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:26 am

Cainesland wrote:
G-Tech Corporation wrote:Petyor shook his head. "I'm afraid I have little use for wool, aside from as a bowstring, and I need only about a shearing's worth for that. Food is much better. Two bushels of vegetables and a bushel of wool?" The Russian proffered his hand, the one not holding a hammer for the work to be begun, even as the timber protruded from his rucksack.

Norman did not see much choice to be had, he needed it for his sheep to be safe. Veggies were scarce but they had to be gathered for the lumberjack to be paid. "I accept your terms" Norman stated. "I can pay you the bushel of fiber now and the 2 bushels of veggies later if you are ok with that arrangement sir." Norman said thinking that he would be able to pay the veggies once he acquired some from gathering.

Petyor shrugged. "It will take me several hours to make the pasture anyway- as long as you pay me by nightfall I see no harm in it. Come hear Father Nicholas preach in the north-western Forest. His declamations of the Word will do any soul good."

Pac Kindom
Diplomat

Founded: Nov 25, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Pac Kindom » Mon Jun 01, 2015 10:49 am

On the third day john woke at 5 am and he stretched out his limbs and made him self stand up and sorted his rucksack out and put it on his back. his life at home taunt him the that he needed two things food and shelter. John set off towards South-Western Forest with his,axe tied to his waist and his rucksack on his back. Once reaching the forest began to spent the next few hours searching for edible plants. After finding some edible plants. He started to build his Log Cabin

5:00-5:30am: Walk to SW Forest
5:30-11:30 am: Gather [+Veg, +fiber]
11:30-9:30pm: Build with Wood [+WBP, - 2 wood]
9:30-10:00pm: Eat Veggies [2 nutrition]
10:00-12:00pm: 5:00-8:00am: Study Skill Book: Sneaking [+1 Skill Sneaking (2/3)

Day 3
12/12 Health, 7/10 Faith, 7/10 Vitality

John Bython
Skills: Hunting - Woodworking
Items:
1 vegs
3 fiber
7 wood
1 Spiced cooked meat
Winter Clothing, Ax, Skill Book (Sneaking)
Trait: Tough
Last edited by Pac Kindom on Thu Jun 04, 2015 11:19 am, edited 2 times in total.
Hi

Please be Aware I DO have a learning disability which affects my spelling and my written Language

If I Have Made A Mistake, Please Let Me Know

Many Thanks

ApplePieistan
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby ApplePieistan » Mon Jun 01, 2015 11:15 am

Elizabeth decided to leave them and go on to her business elsewhere. She says to Petyor and Norman "I must leave now. Safe travels!" As she departs from the scene. She then turns to Dave and says "Follow me, dear. I've got to make you a falconers glove to sit upon. Moving around without it is kind of awkward."
Dave responds "Squak!"

Colonial Rhodesia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 27, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Colonial Rhodesia » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:19 pm

ApplePieistan wrote:Elizabeth decided to leave them and go on to her business elsewhere. She says to Petyor and Norman "I must leave now. Safe travels!" As she departs from the scene. She then turns to Dave and says "Follow me, dear. I've got to make you a falconers glove to sit upon. Moving around without it is kind of awkward."
Dave responds "Squak!"

I shall come with you Campbell said with sympathy on his mind after all who is not to say we are only human and humans do after all make mistake you know that I know that even God almighty knows it :) *takes his belongings with him*
"Remember that you are an Englishman, and have consequently won first prize in the lottery of life."-Cecil John Rhodes
Fighting Communism North of the Zambesi since 1965

G-Tech Corporation
Khan of Spam

Postby G-Tech Corporation » Mon Jun 01, 2015 1:59 pm

After Norman brought over the first bushel of vegetables and wool, the Russian grunted and got to work. Using his axe to smooth the wood and his hammer to knock the stakes into the ground, he slowly converted the precious timber he had logged two days ago into some posts and planks to go between the poles. It had to be sturdy and resilient. Not because of the sheep, but because of anything on this strange continent that might fancy a bit of mutton. It took several minutes to smooth out each stake, and another minute or two to hammer the stake into the ground deep enough for Petyor to feel good about knocking other close-fitting boards into place. But slowly as the sun rose towards the heavens he progressed around the little field the sheep was grazing in. It didn't seem concerned with the affair, content to chew cud and occasionally look at him without much interest. Eventually he was finished, back sore and hands aching from wielding the hammer, but it had been much faster than if he hadn't known what to do or hadn't had the right tools. He nodded in a friendly way at Norman as the other fellow continued gathering. "Hope I see you tonight at the sermon friend", he intoned, then hefted his tools and walked north.

In the north-western region he checked his trap. Nobody had been in the region since morning, and perhaps the deer would have wandered by for the catching in the hobble-pit.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse