NATION

PASSWORD

The New Chronicles of Equalia: Like Gods (OOC/Closed)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 30, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon May 25, 2015 4:08 pm

Personal Freedom wrote:Is there already an established pantheon?

Nay. At the moment the information is mild;

Solaris, the Lord of Light, is the eldest son of the God of Time (who I shall hence forth refer to as Kronos), and the Goddess of Light.

Crecenthia, the Lady of the Night, is the half brother of Solaris being the offspring of a union between Kronos and the Queen of the Void who had infiltrated the Gods.

Crecenthia is the mother of Kitska, Lady of Cats, with the father's identity being unknown.

This is all the information we currently have.
Last edited by Harbertia on Mon May 25, 2015 4:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A light in casing is still a light.
Tomorrow is made today.
You can't stop progress, but you can direct it's course.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon May 25, 2015 4:10 pm

Perhaps I'm making this complex, what kind of role do you see him taking in the group?

*I'm indecisive*
Last edited by Harbertia on Mon May 25, 2015 4:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomorrow is made today.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Mon May 25, 2015 4:21 pm

Harbertia wrote:Perhaps I'm making this complex, what kind of role do you see him taking in the group?

*I'm indecisive*

More of a loner than anything, sometimes brooding, sometimes outspoken, other times quiet, sometimes frenzied. He is more there to deal with what troubles him than to do anything for anyone else.
Economic Left/Right: -10.0 (previously -6.45)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18 (previously -4.72 )
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves;
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon May 25, 2015 4:25 pm

Personal Freedom wrote:More of a loner than anything, sometimes brooding, sometimes outspoken, other times quiet, sometimes frenzied. He is more there to deal with what troubles him than to do anything for anyone else.

Alright, he can work. I kind of see him as the energetic and enthusiastic junior type of character who has taken to his father's domains with much vigor. When your ready I'll link his application to the character listing.
Tomorrow is made today.

Charlia
Post Czar

Founded: Apr 25, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Mon May 25, 2015 4:43 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Charlia wrote:Hey Harb, can I have two characters? One evil and one good(ish)? If not, then I'll take the good one. If so... awesome.
Name & Title: Yuki, Lady of the Snow
(Image)
Bio: Yuki is the Japanese word for snow. Her parents named her that after seeing her skin was as white as the freshly fallen snow outside. Unfortunately, she was a troublesome child, cold and distant, and yet persuasive. Seductive, almost. As she grew older, her powers over snow and ice manifested, and her beauty grew. She had many suitors, but she turned them all down, lusting after the Lord of Winter. Finally, she decided to make her intentions known to him--and she is going to find him now...

Name & Title: Serena(Aella), Lady of Water
(Image)
Bio: Serena was calm even as a young child, hence her name. As she grew older and her influence over water developed, however, another side of her began to show--a side as unpredictable and dangerous as a storm at sea. She can change from one to the other in the blink of an eye. This other side of her was christened Anere. Why? Because I think it sounds cool. Serena somehow began to believe if she did something good, something truly good, she would be free of Anere forever. But Anere thinks if she can do something evil enough, she'll be free of Serena. So they both decided to go after the Lord of Winter, but... either one of them could win...

*drama ensues*

I notice Serena isn't the only one of your characters to have an identity crisis. I'm not sure either character would be welcomed in the party, especially since it's likely that Yuki's infatuation with Sicilis is known, and that she would have most likely supported him prior to his exile, perhaps even unphased as the death of her kin, and blind to the fact that Yuki like the other winter themed Enlentai would be targeted by him for murderous conquest. Perhaps believing she can get him to accept a kind of Diarchy, to have a bride; to rule with Yuki at his side. Yeah... she probably does.

It's likely that the group would be resistant of her coming along, not because they think she'll betray them, but more because Sicilis might kill her (but she'll object because the two are in love). She'll probably cite her strength as a reason she should go since she, like Sicilis is stronger now.

Yeah, like I said, drama ensues.

Is that a rejection?

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon May 25, 2015 5:34 pm

Charlia wrote:
Harbertia wrote:I notice Serena isn't the only one of your characters to have an identity crisis. I'm not sure either character would be welcomed in the party, especially since it's likely that Yuki's infatuation with Sicilis is known, and that she would have most likely supported him prior to his exile, perhaps even unphased as the death of her kin, and blind to the fact that Yuki like the other winter themed Enlentai would be targeted by him for murderous conquest. Perhaps believing she can get him to accept a kind of Diarchy, to have a bride; to rule with Yuki at his side. Yeah... she probably does.

It's likely that the group would be resistant of her coming along, not because they think she'll betray them, but more because Sicilis might kill her (but she'll object because the two are in love). She'll probably cite her strength as a reason she should go since she, like Sicilis is stronger now.

Yeah, like I said, drama ensues.

Is that a rejection?

I was fishing to see if that's what you had in mind as their wasn't alot of detail (it should be added)... I'm reluctant to add her because I'm unsure when to start the RP; should it be after the group has been formed, or should it happen before allowing for

I'm indecisive today. I kind of want to see how others feel about the character, yet at the same time am willing to simply say 'accepted'.
Tomorrow is made today.

Personal Freedom
Postmaster-General

Founded: Oct 08, 2012
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Personal Freedom » Mon May 25, 2015 6:48 pm

That is about as done as it will get.
Economic Left/Right: -10.0 (previously -6.45)
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -7.18 (previously -4.72 )
'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves;
Did gyre and gimble in the wabe;
All mimsy were the borogoves,
And the mome raths outgrabe.

Aeoel
Attaché

Founded: May 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeoel » Mon May 25, 2015 6:50 pm

Name & Title: Thul, the Lord of Storms, Guardian of the Enlentai

Bio: Son of a relatively unknown storm God, Thul was raised to be a warrior. It was this that led him to be the general of sorts of the Enlentai after the Ice King was banished. He keeps watch over the enemy and trains daily to better prepare himself for the inevitable battle. He followers his King and fights for his brothers and sisters. Thul believes in honor above all, and believes the Ice King shows no honor, and Thul will do anything to protect the land he calls home.

He also has a soft side for those he considers friends.
Proud member of the Monarchist Federation!

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon May 25, 2015 7:18 pm

Thul is approved.
Tomorrow is made today.

Arstotzkas
Negotiator

Founded: Sep 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Arstotzkas » Mon May 25, 2015 7:41 pm

Name & Title:: Noctis Kisaragi
-Appearance-: Image
Bio:: Noctis doesn't know who he is. Several months ago, he woke up in a ditch with only his robe and his sword, lost in the middle of nowhere. The only thing that he could remember was his name and a single word. Winter. It also turned out that his sword was no ordinary sword either. It was a powerful weapon, forged by something mysterious and bathed in the blood of enemies over the years. It possesses power beyond measure, still unlocked. However, using it can provide deadly consequences for him, the full extent not known. Using it too long has caused him to get headaches, energy drain, extreme emotions and sometimes even falling unconscious. However one day, while wandering the world he had a vision. It was a vision of the Lord of Winter and what would happen if he wasn't stopped. Thus Noctis became part of the resistance to fight the Winter King. He remains cool and cautious, even in the face of danger but will stop at nothing to accomplish his goals, namely stopping the winter king and learning more about who he truly is.
Last edited by Arstotzkas on Mon May 25, 2015 7:45 pm, edited 3 times in total.
behold, a signature.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon May 25, 2015 10:25 pm

Personal Freedom wrote:
Name & Title: Eohtwid, the Wild-man
-Appearance- http://fc06.deviantart.net/fs71/i/2012/262/d/0/cernunnos_by_teudan-d5dgv4h.png
Bio: Born from Peniyach, a rather bestial deity of the wilderness, and Mikha, an earth goddess, Eohtwid found himself more or less without much guidance from his parents, who taught him a little about his domain. After Peniyach's disappearance he was eager to take over his domain, but his lack of guidance has led to him being somewhat rash and unpredictable. Eohtwid is the Lord of Wild Places and Beasts. He is very protective of his own realm and does not enjoy the company of others or the meddling of lesser beings. He also has a variable temperament ranging from savage and hostile to calm and reserved. He has been known to savage hunters that he sees as disturbing his forest, but he also has been known to tolerate some woodsmen. Most people would prefer to avoid contact with him and he would prefer to keep it that way.

Added
Tomorrow is made today.

Arstotzkas
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Arstotzkas » Mon May 25, 2015 10:30 pm

What about mine?
behold, a signature.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon May 25, 2015 10:30 pm

Arstotzkas wrote:Name & Title:: Noctis Kisaragi
-Appearance-:
Bio:: Noctis doesn't know who he is. Several months ago, he woke up in a ditch with only his robe and his sword, lost in the middle of nowhere. The only thing that he could remember was his name and a single word. Winter. It also turned out that his sword was no ordinary sword either. It was a powerful weapon, forged by something mysterious and bathed in the blood of enemies over the years. It possesses power beyond measure, still unlocked. However, using it can provide deadly consequences for him, the full extent not known. Using it too long has caused him to get headaches, energy drain, extreme emotions and sometimes even falling unconscious. However one day, while wandering the world he had a vision. It was a vision of the Lord of Winter and what would happen if he wasn't stopped. Thus Noctis became part of the resistance to fight the Winter King. He remains cool and cautious, even in the face of danger but will stop at nothing to accomplish his goals, namely stopping the winter king and learning more about who he truly is.

Hmmm

A mortal :ugeek:

Noctis can come in handy. He may not be one of the Enlentai, but he can still be of use. Yes, I can see him rising to leadership of a free land. It was not my intention for players to take on the role of a mortal in this installment, but Noctis interests me enough to play a role in the quest. He has champion potential.
Tomorrow is made today.

Arstotzkas
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Arstotzkas » Mon May 25, 2015 10:33 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Arstotzkas wrote:Name & Title:: Noctis Kisaragi
-Appearance-:

Hmmm

Noctis can come in handy. He may not be one of the Enlentai, but he can still be of use. Yes, I can see him rising to leadership of a free land. It was not my intention for players to take on the role of a mortal in this installment, but Noctis interests me enough to play a role in the quest. He has champion potential.

Yes!

I kinda see him as the cool and confident member who risks everything to protect his friends.
behold, a signature.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon May 25, 2015 10:36 pm

Arstotzkas wrote:
Harbertia wrote:Hmmm

Yes!

I kinda see him as the cool and confident member who risks everything to protect his friends.

Let it be known to you that I see it as unlikely that he'll be already known to the Enlentai party, the two will have to meet up, which can happen early on giving his allies courage.

Of course, the Entlentai party will have to discuss among themselves how to proceed after the encounter as I'm unsure that all will favor the idea of mortals remaining so close to them.
Tomorrow is made today.

Aeoel
Attaché

Founded: May 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeoel » Mon May 25, 2015 10:37 pm

Harbertia wrote:
Arstotzkas wrote:

Yes!

Let it be known to you that I see it as unlikely that he'll be already known to the Enlentai party, the two will have to meet up, which can happen early on giving his allies courage.

Of course, the Entlentai party will have to discuss among themselves how to proceed after the encounter as I'm unsure that all will favor the idea of mortals remaining so close to them.

Thul will support this brave and honorable mortal.
Proud member of the Monarchist Federation!

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon May 25, 2015 10:38 pm

Aeoel wrote:Thul will support this brave and honorable mortal.

8)
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Mon May 25, 2015 10:52 pm

I approve of Yuki, but that doesn't mean the character's themselves will want her along.
Tomorrow is made today.

Tellunos
Civil Servant

Founded: May 17, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Tellunos » Tue May 26, 2015 1:08 am

I'm not entirely sure if the Domain I came up with fits the criteria. Technically it does describe a physical process, so it's not metaphysical, but the applications may be a bit odd. Feel free to yell at me if there's anything that needs changing.

Name & Title: Eryian, Lord of Decay.

Bio: Eryian is the second son of the God of Entropy and the Goddess of Nature. The first son, his elder brother, was born with the Domain of Corrosion, the power to erode away nonliving objects and forces, whereas Eryian inherited the Domain of Rot, which allowed him to decompose the living. Despite their kinship, the brothers' personalities were completely different; the elder was aloof and indifferent, believing only in his own pride, and his inherent right to rule over those he deemed lesser than himself. The younger was gentle and carefree, for although his Domain had taught him the transience of all mortal beings, that knowledge only led him to treasure life all the more.

In time, the day arrived when the gods vanished, and the Enlentai found themselves without guidance. Eryian's brother, freed from his former responsibilities, departed the former dwelling place of the gods, intent upon establishing his own dominance over the mortal races. Unable to ignore his elder sibling, Eryian pursued him, eventually catching up to him in an isolated vale. There, the two brothers argued, the older calmly explaining why his birthright included the wisdom to guide lesser beings upon the proper path, the younger stubbornly insisting that they deserved the chance to forge their own way. As the dispute grew increasingly vehement, neither side willing to accept the other's assertions, Eryian's brother became more and more callous. Finally, at the height of the argument, he drew an ensorcelled dagger, bringing it plunging down toward his younger sibling's chest. Unprepared for the sudden attack, Eryian panicked, recoiling and trying vainly to ward off the weapon. At that moment, his fingertips happened to brush against his brother's arm, and his ordinarily suppressed powers unleashed themselves. By the time Eryian regained control of himself, it was too late; he could only watch in blank shock as his brother's flesh slowly rotted off his bones.

In time, Eryian returned to the land of the Enlentai, telling no-one of what had transpired in the lonely vale. Those who knew him noted that he seemed sadder, somehow, and less carefree, his former innocence tempered by an expression of profound regret. Moreover, he also began avoiding physical proximity with others, as though he were somehow afraid of touching them. Shortly after his return, Eryian learned of an individual calling himself the Ice King, who sought to establish himself as the sole god. Somewhat reluctantly, he decided to join the other Enlentai in their mission to stop Sicilis, seeking primarily to atone for his elder brother's demise.

Eryian is the Lord of Decay, having inherited the Domain of Rot from his parents and unintentionally conquered the Domain of Corrosion formerly controlled by his brother. Together, they form the Domain of Decay, which allows Eryian to deteriorate both living and nonliving objects and forces in an area around himself. His Domain strengthens in proportion to proximity; a thrown rock a meter away from him might simply suffer a decrease in velocity as its momentum decayed, whereas a rock an inch away from Eryian's skin would very likely erode into dust before reaching him. However, he cannot cause other living beings to decay unless he remains in tactile contact with them, and must consciously will his powers in order to do so. Due to Eryian's own reluctance to hurt others, he finds it extremely difficult to utilize his Domain to inflict harm, particularly given the gruesome nature of the suffering it creates.

Despite his possession of a rather macabre Domain, Eryian is a fundamentally compassionate individual. He typically displays a serene, cheerful demeanor, and tries to seek peaceful resolutions to conflicts wherever possible. The youthful impression that he gives off is more akin to that of a mortal than an Enlentai, although his mannerisms are occasionally tinged by moments of deep sorrow. Although he knows that Sicilis's actions are inexcusable, Eryian secretly hopes to reason with the Ice King, and to turn the latter away from the path of ambition, as he could not with his own brother.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue May 26, 2015 1:29 am

Eryian is promising, and I shall address the application after I next awaken. I appreciate the effort you have put into his biography.
Tomorrow is made today.

Harbertia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Harbertia » Tue May 26, 2015 12:35 pm

Approved.
Tomorrow is made today.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed May 27, 2015 8:24 am

Harbertia wrote:I approve of Yuki, but that doesn't mean the character's themselves will want her along.

Haha, I wasn't expecting it.

*spins* Yuki is accepted... hahahaha... *evil grin* ICE TIME

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed May 27, 2015 8:25 am

Serena?... no Serena?

Arstotzkas
Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby Arstotzkas » Wed May 27, 2015 8:27 am

This cast of characters is fun.... :D
behold, a signature.

Charlia
Post Czar

Ex-Nation

Postby Charlia » Wed May 27, 2015 8:41 am

Arstotzkas wrote:This cast of characters is fun.... :D

I HAVE NO ANSWER.

Multiple personalities are always fun though.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse