NATION

PASSWORD

Blood Debt (IC)

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Founded: Jan 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:26 am

The Tophat Empire wrote:
Qwanch wrote:
Aaron stood up, his wings unfurling.
"It would be my honor to aid you in your efforts. Are they any leads yet? My guess is a particularly powerful cyclops did this. Unless the stories about shadows and antimagic are real, which the lack of magical residue is admittedly eerily similar to the stories, let's just stick with the more likely scenarios."

There, Aaron said it. The more he heard, the more it sounded like the mythos surrounding the Great War, which couldn't have REALLY happened. There was no evidence for the war left over, after all. That said, though, Aaron couldn't get the idea of Shadowmen off of his mind at this point, and he wanted to put it forth indirectly enough not to be laughed at. Not that he was totally convicted it was shadow, but...

"My point exactly. We're dealing with something I've not seen in my entire career. It will take all the help we can get to solve this crime. Will you offer your services?"

"I have to admit, this did caught my interest. I will be honored to help you in your endeavors" wiking said, making a small nod towards the cell "If i may ask, that girl that where just tossed in the cell. what did she do? she looks to well dressed and clean to be a street thug. and i do not recognize her from any wanted poster or books"

Naomi temporarily raised her head at the mention of "books" somewhere further out. She peered out between the bars, looking to see who had said such a magnificent word. Hearing nothing more, Naomi sighed, and looked back down at her spellbook. She opened the book, flipping to the page she had left off, and began her studies yet again.
Equalsun Empire is my spirit animal.
Feel free to follow my Tumblr to view my art!! ^^ SwankyPankeroni
Trace and Charli are my besties! ^-^
Personal Navigator of Tracian Empire!
*throws in cool nicknames for other NSers* (/ouo)/*.*.*

Kerzacistan
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kerzacistan » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:52 am

Taking up an obsidian dagger similar to his sword, Einrich presents it to Aaron and says "By the power invested in me by his majesty the king, I assign you the rank of Officer in the Magical Task Force." Handing the dagger to his friend and clasping his shoulder he says "Welcome to my world friend, you get to see the real stuff. Demons, angry cyclopes, and magicians of every caliber will try to kill you now." Giving his friend a wan smile before adding "Its got good pay at least."
2 + 2 = 5
I really like cats, they like books, and I like books, which we share.
I'm a bit lot of an Insomniac.
My gender is whatever, I don't really care.

Illan
Postmaster-General

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Illan » Mon Apr 27, 2015 12:05 pm

Vyl Asterial, Scion of the Archblood

The large reptilian-appearing man was confined to a cell, having been left there for a week now. His charges: Murder, but not just any murder, the murder of a so-called Blood Knight. But it was more than one he was charged with. He didn't remember encountering more than one in recent memory; just that single one in the deep, dark alley inside of Lent. He had been in this town for roughly a month, and he had caused many waves already. He prided himself in being one of the best Mages in the city, perhaps even the region, and he was known for that when he could showcase it. However, more recently, his slight fame had dwindled into infamy - Murder of not only one knight, but multiple Knights. It was all a misunderstanding in his eyes, but he knew he wouldn't be believed. The Reptilian-Oni "hero" he was once to people was no longer what they saw.

A story he heard when he was younger, studying the history of Blood Magics comes to mind. It was of Royce, a renown mage of the people, as he was called. He used his magic to help others....and eventually, he became legendary. His powers were said to be unmatched throughout the times. However, at the peak of Royce's magical ability, he struck down a woman out of paranoia, with a burst of arcane energy. Needless to say, the woman was killed. But why did he do it? Some accounts say that Royce had gone mad, and cracked under the burden of the arcane in his mind. Others say he caught the woman snooping through his library, and killed her as "repayment". Some say that he simply struck down the woman, wanting to make an example. The truth is unclear, but Vyl favored that story. It taught a lesson - "Never let the Blood control You. You control the Blood." This lesson, known as the Blood Arcanist's Principle, became the basis of not only teaching in Aster, but in many places of magical instruction, especially in Vyl's training and lifetime as a Blood Enchanter, the reputable position of Blood Practice in the formal magical training and research of this still mysterious field.

Now, however, Vyl felt his mind to be a bit blank about the memories that led him here. He simply remembered being in an alley, holding the distinct magical pauldron of a blood knight. Did he kill the knight? Did he let the Blood control him?

He couldn't, for the life of him, remember.
Above even The Boss
Feel free to contact me about any fantasy, sci-fi, or otherwise futuristic RPs, especially those involving aliens or other non-humans, especially if it is an original universe/idea. I also enjoy Mass Effect, Fallout, Elder Scrolls, and many other things that transit to roleplays.

Qwanch
Ambassador

Founded: Jul 21, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Qwanch » Wed Apr 29, 2015 5:44 am

Kerzacistan wrote:Taking up an obsidian dagger similar to his sword, Einrich presents it to Aaron and says "By the power invested in me by his majesty the king, I assign you the rank of Officer in the Magical Task Force." Handing the dagger to his friend and clasping his shoulder he says "Welcome to my world friend, you get to see the real stuff. Demons, angry cyclopes, and magicians of every caliber will try to kill you now." Giving his friend a wan smile before adding "Its got good pay at least."

"Now, that, I can take!"

Blarg Gristlethorn was pleased that his initial attack against the islands far below was successful. A single shadow wolf was all it too to wipe out a small batillion of Blood Knights. The antimagic in the shadow races was strong. Tatum, Lord of the Shadowmen and king of destruction would be avenged and that weak goddess, Charlax, would be no more.

"My master, I completed the ritual as promised. The wolves were teleported to the isles below. What now?"

Kerzacistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kerzacistan » Wed Apr 29, 2015 6:07 am

Nodding and replying "Well we can only hope it was a cyclopes and not the Shadowmen, we can fight Cyclopes, but I doubt we can fight what we can't see. Not to mention the stories of Anti-Magic place it as one of the few things capable of taking those of power, my father is afraid of the prospect of it. I can only hope its some Arch-Mages who went evil and decided to band together, that wouldn't be hard to end." Gesturing to the knife and saying "That works like our swords do, as a wand, but it takes getting used to before its useful." Turning to the man who offered his services, Einrich says curtly "You may come with us if you will, I wont turn down the help" Gesturing to the cells whilst turning back to Aaron, asking with a half-hearted smile "What do we have today, anything we can give a pointy stick and send at the Shadowmen of yore? They might make a good distraction for a few seconds."
2 + 2 = 5

Qwanch
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Qwanch » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:00 am

Kerzacistan wrote:Nodding and replying "Well we can only hope it was a cyclopes and not the Shadowmen, we can fight Cyclopes, but I doubt we can fight what we can't see. Not to mention the stories of Anti-Magic place it as one of the few things capable of taking those of power, my father is afraid of the prospect of it. I can only hope its some Arch-Mages who went evil and decided to band together, that wouldn't be hard to end." Gesturing to the knife and saying "That works like our swords do, as a wand, but it takes getting used to before its useful." Turning to the man who offered his services, Einrich says curtly "You may come with us if you will, I wont turn down the help" Gesturing to the cells whilst turning back to Aaron, asking with a half-hearted smile "What do we have today, anything we can give a pointy stick and send at the Shadowmen of yore? They might make a good distraction for a few seconds."

"Yes, with just a few forms, we should be able to free the prisoners in exchange for their services. Assuming they are willing."

Saleon wrote:
The Tophat Empire wrote:
"I have to admit, this did caught my interest. I will be honored to help you in your endeavors" wiking said, making a small nod towards the cell "If i may ask, that girl that where just tossed in the cell. what did she do? she looks to well dressed and clean to be a street thug. and i do not recognize her from any wanted poster or books"
During their conversation, a small courier comes over to the station with a variety of documents. Fortunado perked up as the guards began whispering in the distance. He grabbed the cigar from his mouth and fizzed out the live cigar on the cold hard cement of the floor. He stood up and wiped the dust off of his pants and waits...
[lie] He was glad to be out in a couple of seconds but now he most surely had to deal with his "favorite" bounty hunter that he sees "Just the perfect amount to not be a thorn on his side."

"I could be more formal with this, but I'll just get to the point: All who are willing to aid in our search, may help us. Those who refuse, you stay in your cell. Got it?"

Aaron saw his assortment of a action team. Not the best material, but any help would do. In fact, magic skill may be more of a liability than an asset if they were facing anti-magic, which perverts all things magical.

Aaron noticed the reptile who entered the door earlier, and gave him a nod, acknowledging his presence. At the very least, he wouldn't be flying alone.

Saleon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Wed Apr 29, 2015 7:57 am

Qwanch wrote:[
Saleon wrote: During their conversation, a small courier comes over to the station with a variety of documents. Fortunado perked up as the guards began whispering in the distance. He grabbed the cigar from his mouth and fizzed out the live cigar on the cold hard cement of the floor. He stood up and wiped the dust off of his pants and waits...
[lie] He was glad to be out in a couple of seconds but now he most surely had to deal with his "favorite" bounty hunter that he sees "Just the perfect amount to not be a thorn on his side."

"I could be more formal with this, but I'll just get to the point: All who are willing to aid in our search, may help us. Those who refuse, you stay in your cell. Got it?"

Aaron saw his assortment of a action team. Not the best material, but any help would do. In fact, magic skill may be more of a liability than an asset if they were facing anti-magic, which perverts all things magical.

Aaron noticed the reptile who entered the door earlier, and gave him a nod, acknowledging his presence. At the very least, he wouldn't be flying alone.

"As long as I get to punch him in the face," he joked, "And a sandwich for lunch. Rather be doing something while I can, instead of rotting in a cell for the last few days." He lit one last cigar and questioned the rest of the inmates, "anyone else feel like a grand adventure?"
Sommelier and Sacrificer of Individuals to The Old Gods

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"Rood Dood," said Donner Blitzen
"You guys are the coolest Sadists on the internet," Said Blitzen
"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Perestroikavo
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Perestroikavo » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:29 am

Griloorg arrived in town earlier that day. The tunnel had taken him out right in the cyclops part of town, and a the few who recognized him were in awe. However, he by and large went unnoticed by the bigger community. He trundled down the streets, receiving the occasional odd look here and there, but going unchallenged except for a lone cyclops who shouldered him. And then something that had never happened to him before happened. Both his armor and sword began pulsing with some unholy red light, and crackled with a force that Griloorg didn't understand.

It looked like some of the magic (this magic is anti magic taught to him as a kid, read bio for more) that the Oni had taught him years ago, but many times scaled up. Fearful looks greeted him from either side, and when the crackling stopped, the street that had previously been bustling was desolate. Well, almost. Just as Griloorg made his way to leave again, he found no less than half a dozen police looking fellows pointing various weapons at him. He vaguely considered fighting, but decided that cooperation in this strange land would lead him to answers.

The policemen didn't want to get close enough to be in reach of his weapons, and so they stayed at a distance, instead using magic and firearms to usher Griloorg into the police station. Once they arrived at the front gate, he was told to wait, and three stayed to watch him until the others returned. Griloorg was getting rather impatient with the affair, and hoped that they would arrive back soon so he could continue on his way.

Anyone feel free to interact with him and get him into the adventure.
Huscarl of Havoc since '14
The Templar High Council wrote:You talk too much Pere.
Ulvenes wrote:You become more and more awesome every week.

Jordsindia wrote:I will go down on you...for a fee. but we will not speak of it.

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:40 am

Saleon wrote:
Qwanch wrote:[

"As long as I get to punch him in the face," he joked, "And a sandwich for lunch. Rather be doing something while I can, instead of rotting in a cell for the last few days." He lit one last cigar and questioned the rest of the inmates, "anyone else feel like a grand adventure?"

Naomi looked up, drawing her attention yet again away from her studies. Adventure? The only adventures she'd had was in her books, or in the folktales she'd overheard. "Ehh, I guess I'd be up for it...yeah, yeah I'd love to go on an adventure!" Naomi said, shutting her book and jumping up.

Qwanch
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Qwanch » Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:54 am

Saleon wrote:"As long as I get to punch him in the face," he joked, "And a sandwich for lunch. Rather be doing something while I can, instead of rotting in a cell for the last few days." He lit one last cigar and questioned the rest of the inmates, "anyone else feel like a grand adventure?"

"I'm glad to see I have your full cooperation," Aaron said, his tail slowly waving as he tried to think how he was going to organize this team. The best way, he thought, was to make sure everybody disclosed how they could help. He knew Einrich from childhood, and he knew Wiking was military. Seeing Vyl, he decided he would start with him after Saleon gave his background. He looked big and strong like a Cyclops, but he had the features of a reptile, minus the wings. A real shame he wouldn't fly, but he clearly had some reptile in him. That is not to say non-fliers can't be of use, as many reptiles raised in reptilian homes often think, but he knew from his experience in his human home and on the force that those bound to the ground offer their own unique strengths.

"OK, Saleon. Tell us your strengths and background in just a moment so I can give you directions."

"Also, Vyl Asterial, we have you in as a murder suspect. What can you offer us?"

"As a matter of fact, I want to know exactly what all of your specialties are, if anything. I plan to get to the bottom of this as quickly as possible. The kingdom is at stake."

Turning to Otto, he said "...What about you? Do you care for a bit of mercenary work?"

Blarg announced to his Comrads: "Tonight, we have revenge for our banishment. We descend upon the islands to take back what is ours. For too long, we have lived in this frozen wasteland atop the cliffs, but NOW...NOW, we have completed the portal."

Among the shadow, there were whispers.

"We sent a small pack of shadow wolves. They survived and crushed the enemy with ease. Our forces can EASILY take back the lands below. Listen, now, as TATUM SPEAKS!"

Twisting, the nebulous shadow known as Blarg changed his voice from that of a serpent, to that of a God of Thunder.

Booming, Tatum spoke through Blarg:

"FILE THROUGH THE PORTAL, CHILDREN OF CHAOS! GO AND ATTACK THE ISLANDS!

Aaron paused as he heard a woman scream in the distance.

Outside a window, a large, smoky mass loomed on the horizon. One segment, running ahead past the window, appeared to have the shape of an anthropomorphic wolf, but it was invisible when Aaron looked directly at it and it went by very quickly.

"Charlax..." Aaron muttered.

The cloud was getting closer, but the inside of the station began to glow with light.

"Quickly...we need to make a plan, now!"

Perestroikavo wrote:Griloorg arrived in town earlier that day. The tunnel had taken him out right in the cyclops part of town, and a the few who recognized him were in awe. However, he by and large went unnoticed by the bigger community. He trundled down the streets, receiving the occasional odd look here and there, but going unchallenged except for a lone cyclops who shouldered him. And then something that had never happened to him before happened. Both his armor and sword began pulsing with some unholy red light, and crackled with a force that Griloorg didn't understand.

It looked like some of the magic (this magic is anti magic taught to him as a kid, read bio for more) that the Oni had taught him years ago, but many times scaled up. Fearful looks greeted him from either side, and when the crackling stopped, the street that had previously been bustling was desolate. Well, almost. Just as Griloorg made his way to leave again, he found no less than half a dozen police looking fellows pointing various weapons at him. He vaguely considered fighting, but decided that cooperation in this strange land would lead him to answers.

The policemen didn't want to get close enough to be in reach of his weapons, and so they stayed at a distance, instead using magic and firearms to usher Griloorg into the police station. Once they arrived at the front gate, he was told to wait, and three stayed to watch him until the others returned. Griloorg was getting rather impatient with the affair, and hoped that they would arrive back soon so he could continue on his way.

Anyone feel free to interact with him and get him into the adventure.

Aaron knew vaguely about this incident, but seeing the shadows on the horizon, he made the connection (though wrongly), that the strange force surrounding Griloorg's sword summoned the shadow's here.

"You genocidal maniac! What the hell have you done? He attempted to use his wand to take the sword from Griloorg and destroy it by imploding it on itself. This failed, and his wand quickly emptied its chamber of blood. Aaron then attempted to use the dagger just given to him to attack Griloorg, but doubled back as the dagger, normally rigid and sharp, became as limp as wet paper. "What is this? Did you kill the blood knights?"

The room continued to grow brighter as the shadowy mass grew closer.

I almost made you get rid of this, as anti-magic is a shadow thing, but this will be interesting to see. Maybe the Oni had some contact with a shadow defector, who renounced his vows to Tatum and taught him the other school of magic. Note that Anti-magic is magic in reverse, though. Play this character carefully, and I'll let you keep it like this. I'll let nobody else use antimagic for balance reasons.
Last edited by Qwanch on Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:21 am, edited 1 time in total.

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:41 am

"I think introductions will have to wait," Fortunado exclaimed, "Whatever is enshrouding this station won't let us leave easily. Get me my weapons! I Can't fight this thing off with my bare hands!"

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Kerzacistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kerzacistan » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:00 pm

Cursing lightly and slamming his helmet back on, Einrich looks to the mercenary "Quickly! Your gun can kill Cyclopes can't it? It has to if your a mercenary worth your salt." Gesturing to the reptilians and continuing "You two might be able to get in that way, I'll go after that blur, I get the feeling it was more than a quick civilian." With that Einrich takes up his sword and goes after the figure.
2 + 2 = 5

Qwanch
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Qwanch » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:12 pm

Saleon wrote:"I think introductions will have to wait," Fortunado exclaimed, "Whatever is enshrouding this station won't let us leave easily. Get me my weapons! I Can't fight this thing off with my bare hands!"
"Look in the armory cabinet over there...here is the key."

Aaron just stared at the Cyclops's weapon and its strange glow.

"Look, you can help if you want, but keep that sword away from me. It creeps me out."

His dagger regaining firmness as it left the presence of the glowing sword, he shouted:

"I'll meet everybody back here in the case of an emergency regrouping."

Kerzacistan wrote:Cursing lightly and slamming his helmet back on, Einrich looks to the mercenary "Quickly! Your gun can kill Cyclopes can't it? It has to if your a mercenary worth your salt." Gesturing to the reptilians and continuing "You two might be able to get in that way, I'll go after that blur, I get the feeling it was more than a quick civilian." With that Einrich takes up his sword and goes after the figure.

Aaron quickly put a liter of blood into his wand and dipped his dagger into the wand's compartment. He was ready to duel wield.

"Time to fly," Aaron shouted as he swooped up and out of the window after gesturing to Otto to come along. He would track the developments from the air.

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:27 pm

Qwanch wrote:
Saleon wrote:"I think introductions will have to wait," Fortunado exclaimed, "Whatever is enshrouding this station won't let us leave easily. Get me my weapons! I Can't fight this thing off with my bare hands!"

"Look, you can help if you want, but keep that sword away from me. It creeps me out."

His dagger regaining firmness as it left the presence of the glowing sword, he shouted:

Fortunado goes to grab his weapon only for his curse to react, it vibrantly grows purple. "dang thing has the worst timing!" he proclaims. The curse itself curls acrossed his body, growing an inch bigger on all sizes. The curse ends in a couple of seconds but it's obvious it took a lot out of him. He stands still for a minute.

After such he grabs his gauntlet and replaces his old container of blood that powers it with a fresh new one.
OOC:Is it find if he uses a gauntlet instead of a wand? iI'll switch it out if it doesn't work

Aaron quickly put a liter of blood into his wand and dipped his dagger into the wand's compartment. He was ready to duel wield.

"Time to fly," Aaron shouted as he swooped up and out of the window after gesturing to Otto to come along. He would track the developments from the air.

With sword and gauntlet in hand Fortunado follows after the shadow from the ground. Aaron shouldn't be forced to go against that thing by himself, he thought He makes his way to the stable and grabs a horse. After some time he can at least see the shadow, albeit from afar.

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

The Tophat Empire
Senator

Founded: Sep 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tophat Empire » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:45 pm

When wiking head the scream he turned around just in time to see a shadow run past the window. after some commotion wiking had made his decision and made a run for his flyer, the knee pads making a "thopm" "thomp" as they hit his knees.when he got to the flyer he opened the door into it and picked out his rifle and pistols. Placing the pistols in their holsters "What the bloody hell am I suppose to shoot" wiking shouted as he took aim at the fog flying past him
FT, but roam where i please
It does not reflect my real life world political views, which are considerably less authoritarian and more moderate
Refer to my factbook for canon, it´s however out of date, and badly written. So take it with a grain of salt

Qwanch
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Qwanch » Wed Apr 29, 2015 12:55 pm

Saleon wrote:
Qwanch wrote:

Fortunado goes to grab his weapon only for his curse to react, it vibrantly grows purple. "dang thing has the worst timing!" he proclaims. The curse itself curls acrossed his body, growing an inch bigger on all sizes. The curse ends in a couple of seconds but it's obvious it took a lot out of him. He stands still for a minute.

After such he grabs his gauntlet and replaces his old container of blood that powers it with a fresh new one.
OOC:Is it find if he uses a gauntlet instead of a wand? iI'll switch it out if it doesn't work

With sword and gauntlet in hand Fortunado follows after the shadow from the ground. Aaron shouldn't be forced to go against that thing by himself, he thought He makes his way to the stable and grabs a horse. After some time he can at least see the shadow, albeit from afar.

Gauntlets are fine.

Flying through the air, Aaron thinks he sees the shadow-wolf, but it obviously disappeared when he looked right at it. He craned his neck to catch just the right angle so he could see it again. Just barely, faintly, in fact, it appeared to the running through the street, though it was on the cusp of invisibility even with all this effort to try to see it. Aaron moved in closer, dropping altitude. The shadow became dimmer and disappeared from view before knocking over a fruit cart. It's tiny retinas were the only thing Aaron could see as he got closer. They were dim and smoky, but less so than the rest of the beast which had all but disappeared from view. Aaron cast a spell, but it failed the moment it was sent. It was a pretty powerful spell, and it was only Aaron's skill with blood magic that kept all of the blood from being wasted. Aaron realized that the same force was at work here as in the Cyclops's sword.

Thinking fast, Aaron grabbed a rock from a rooftop and threw it at the beast. It hissed, but kept moving. The rock stayed hard, Aaron guessed.

"How do I attack this thing?"

Aaron checked to see if Otto was following him.

"Charlax..."

At this moment, light poured from a break in the clouds, and the form of a golden maiden appeared suspended in the air.

"Can this day get any weirder?"

Aaron could see Wiking below, as well as Einrich--though several streets apart and with Wiking some distance above the ground, though not as high as Aaron was. Wiking's bullets seemed to effect some of the shadows, but the semi-invisibility of the fog and the creatures in it made it hard to tell.

"WIKING!"

The Tophat Empire
Senator

Founded: Sep 26, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The Tophat Empire » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:03 pm

Qwanch wrote:
Saleon wrote:Fortunado goes to grab his weapon only for his curse to react, it vibrantly grows purple. "dang thing has the worst timing!" he proclaims. The curse itself curls acrossed his body, growing an inch bigger on all sizes. The curse ends in a couple of seconds but it's obvious it took a lot out of him. He stands still for a minute.

After such he grabs his gauntlet and replaces his old container of blood that powers it with a fresh new one. [spoiler]OOC:Is it find if he uses a gauntlet instead of a wand? iI'll switch it out if it doesn't work

Gauntlets are fine.

Flying through the air, Aaron thinks he sees the shadow-wolf, but it obviously disappeared when he looked right at it. He craned his neck to catch just the right angle so he could see it again. Just barely, faintly, in fact, it appeared to the running through the street, though it was on the cusp of invisibility even with all this effort to try to see it. Aaron moved in closer, dropping altitude. The shadow became dimmer and disappeared from view before knocking over a fruit cart. It's tiny retinas were the only thing Aaron could see as he got closer. They were dim and smoky, but less so than the rest of the beast which had all but disappeared from view. Aaron cast a spell, but it failed the moment it was sent. It was a pretty powerful spell, and it was only Aaron's skill with blood magic that kept all of the blood from being wasted. Aaron realized that the same force was at work here as in the Cyclops's sword.

Thinking fast, Aaron grabbed a rock from a rooftop and threw it at the beast. It hissed, but kept moving. The rock stayed hard, Aaron guessed.

"Charlax..."

At this moment, light poured from a break in the clouds, and the form of a golden maiden appeared suspended in the air.

Aaron could see Wiking below, as well as Einrich--though several streets apart and with Wiking some distance above the ground, though not as high as Aaron was. Wiking's bullets seemed to effect some of the shadows, but the semi-invisibility of the fog and the creatures in it made it hard to tell.

"WIKING!"

(OOC, i am not in the air, i am just by the flyer)

Wiking fired another round, the last in the 5 round magazine. He retracted the bolt and inserted a new one, he head someone shouting his name "what?!" wiking shouted back, rescoping his rifle
Last edited by The Tophat Empire on Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FT, but roam where i please
It does not reflect my real life world political views, which are considerably less authoritarian and more moderate
Refer to my factbook for canon, it´s however out of date, and badly written. So take it with a grain of salt

Kerzacistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kerzacistan » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:21 pm

Running as fast as his armor would allow, Einrich managed to get in front of one of the blurs and sliced at it with his sword. With a horrible screech and a ground shaking thump, the pony sized Wolf dropped dead with the front half of its face gone, the corpse seeming to give off a three dimensional shadow as he tried to focus on it. Gasping as a few of the blurs slowed into similar beasts, Einrich took up his blade and shouted "Aaron! Assistance!" before slashing at one of the beasts and jumping out of the way as one of the others leaped at him with jaws just barely missing. Muttering "I can barely see these damned things..." before making a slash and catching one full in the throat, much to the chagrin of the other two, however it was quickly replaced by a three more. Shouting again "Aaron please, quickly!" before jumping out of the way of snapping jaws again.
2 + 2 = 5

Qwanch
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Qwanch » Wed Apr 29, 2015 1:41 pm

The Tophat Empire wrote:
Qwanch wrote:[spoiler=OOC]Gauntlets are fine.

"Charlax..."

"WIKING!"

(OOC, i am not in the air, i am just by the flyer)

Wiking fired another round, the last in the 5 round magazine. He retracted the bolt and inserted a new one, he head someone shouting his name "what?!" wiking shouted back, rescoping his rifle
[/spoiler]
"Magic doesn't affect those things, but non-enchanted things seem to work at least a little! Keep that in mind!"

Aaron soared onward towards where he saw Einrich.

Kerzacistan wrote:Running as fast as his armor would allow, Einrich managed to get in front of one of the blurs and sliced at it with his sword. With a horrible screech and a ground shaking thump, the pony sized Wolf dropped dead with the front half of its face gone, the corpse seeming to give off a three dimensional shadow as he tried to focus on it. Gasping as a few of the blurs slowed into similar beasts, Einrich took up his blade and shouted "Aaron! Assistance!" before slashing at one of the beasts and jumping out of the way as one of the others leaped at him with jaws just barely missing. Muttering "I can barely see these damned things..." before making a slash and catching one full in the throat, much to the chagrin of the other two, however it was quickly replaced by a three more. Shouting again "Aaron please, quickly!" before jumping out of the way of snapping jaws again.

Aaron moved in closer. It looked almost as if Enrich were fighting thin air, with wispy shadows around him. Aaron drew the dagger, made from the same thing as Einrich's armor. It grew limp and soft as he approached the mass of shadows.

"My magic isn't working!"

Aaron, going primal, extended the talons on his feet and hands baring his teeth. He siphoned the magic from the dagger, which should have weakened it, but instead made it firm, once more. He cut and slashed again and again as he made aerial passes to and fro. He bit at the shadow, clawed, and cut. The darkness was overwhelming them.

At this moment, the maiden in the sky began to sing, and the shadows began to move slower before freezing.

"NO," Blarg shouted, "Tatum, lend our troops strength against the magical one!"

The shadows began to move again as a deep bellowing voice came from below. The maiden and the earth formed a less than harmonious duet as they battled for dominance. Other figures appeared in various places, each having their own effect.

Lira, hearing the odd music, sealed the door with a simple ward potion. She wasn't going out today.

Kerzacistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kerzacistan » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:20 pm

Nodding to Aaron as he too saw the ineffectiveness of magic shouting to him "I drained my sword and armor of magic to improve my strength and let the stuff work when you mentioned the Shadowmen. Didn't think Magic would be much use here." Gasping as the maiden in the sky starts her song, Einrich turns back and gasps at the sight of her and whispers "Charlax is that you?" before nodding and shouting "Many thanks M'lady" And dispatching the frozen beasts.
2 + 2 = 5

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Wed Apr 29, 2015 2:46 pm

fortunado rides on to the scene only to see that he's missed much of the action. "frick!" he proclaimed, "well it's immobilized. Remind me to give her prayer in the future." He looks at the creature. "quite visible during this song," he remarked, "Never thought I'd see something like this in my last few days. Gives some worth to it all." he puts out what is left of his cigar and makes his way back to town. "you coming?" he inquired, "We have a whole quest to go through remember? that and we should see if they caught the heathen behind this."

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

Qwanch
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Qwanch » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:03 pm

Blarg, stiff from the Maiden's horrible song, gasped as he had trouble breathing.

"(Cough)...RE...(Cough)...RETREAT!"

Tatum's countersong gave him just enough power to turn most of his cloud of relatives around. Most were wolves, but a few were nobles like himself. Other gods were joining the song now, choosing which side they would ally with. This was a new great war.

Aaron said, panting, "Well, we know its Shadowmen, now. I was almost sure those were just legends...and the gods...wow. OK, lets finish off the stragglers. It sounds like the Maiden is trying to oversing somebody, and I don't want to know what happens if the other person sings more than she does."

The Army Republic of Prussia
Envoy

Founded: Mar 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby The Army Republic of Prussia » Wed Apr 29, 2015 3:57 pm

As soon as Otto heard the scream he drew his musket, while searching for the source. He saw Aaron gesture to him before taking to the air. “Great flying my one weakness.” Otto mumbled under his breath before following.

Otto wasn’t great in the air, in fact he was downright clumsy. There just much else he had to do in the army. So it was no surprise when he fell behind Aaron. He almost fell out of the sky altogether, when the maiden in the sky had appeared.

By the time he came to a fumbling landing by the rest of the group most of the fight was over. “Flying is not one of my skills. And to your offer on joining your quest, I’ll join you. I’m Otto von Schmid. If you need anything blown up I’m your man. And my shooting skills are a lot better than my flying ones.”
"If that don't work, use more gun"- The Engineer.
"There's something to love about a nation that builds a cannon and then says "Nah, son, not big enough.""-Cumberlanda
The liberal Fascist Alt-history Germany.

Qwanch
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Qwanch » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:24 pm

The Army Republic of Prussia wrote:As soon as Otto heard the scream he drew his musket, while searching for the source. He saw Aaron gesture to him before taking to the air. “Great flying my one weakness.” Otto mumbled under his breath before following.

Otto wasn’t great in the air, in fact he was downright clumsy. There just much else he had to do in the army. So it was no surprise when he fell behind Aaron. He almost fell out of the sky altogether, when the maiden in the sky had appeared.

By the time he came to a fumbling landing by the rest of the group most of the fight was over. “Flying is not one of my skills. And to your offer on joining your quest, I’ll join you. I’m Otto von Schmid. If you need anything blown up I’m your man. And my shooting skills are a lot better than my flying ones.”

"I see that. Glad to have you, Otto. You know, you have a human accent. Were you adopted, by chance?"
Aaron said this with a thick human accent.

After cutting up some more shadow wolves, he announced to the group:

"Anyway, we need to check out those cliffs. The legends say that the Shadow's live there, high in the clouds, where the air is thin and cold. I'd love to see what's out there. First, though, lets get some rest and maybe grab a bite to eat, this fighting made me hungry."

Castle Crashers
Post Marshal

Ex-Nation

Postby Castle Crashers » Wed Apr 29, 2015 4:31 pm

Naomi peeked her head out from the door. "Ehh, is it over yet..?" She asked, rather unsure of herself. She'd never been one for fights, especially against the creatures her mother had told her to fear. Since she was strong in magic, it didn't really help that she couldn't use a melee weapon very well, especially around the shadow men. But still, she doubted that was the last of them.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse