NATION

PASSWORD

Iron and Steel;19th Century AH [Dead being rebooted]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Soviet Chernarus
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jul 19, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Chernarus » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:10 am

The New American commonwealth wrote:
Soviet Chernarus wrote:That would mean war with me :evil:

So you're the mighty British Empire?
Well....
*slips note that I'm supporting you because we're friends*

Anglo-Dutch Empire*

But we can still be friends...no hard feelings, right?

The New American commonwealth
Negotiator

Founded: Mar 07, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby The New American commonwealth » Sun Apr 26, 2015 7:17 am

New Decius wrote:
The New American commonwealth wrote:So you're the mighty British Empire?
Well....

The United States could find another ally in the German Empire.
[Passes sack of gold under table]

*looks at, and quickly writes letter, and takes the gold, and sails back across the Atlantic*
the French sold us Louisiana, and they fought by us during our revolution....

Soviet Chernarus wrote:
Well....

Anglo-Dutch Empire*

But...
The Colonies were found by Brits, ruled by Brits, and won independence from the Brits...
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۞۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
GLORY TO ARSTOTZKA

"We always live in an uncertain world. What is certain is that the United States will go forward over time." ~ Warren Buffett
Muh Freedom
The most Yankeeist Yankee of the Yankee people of NationStates

Soviet Chernarus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Chernarus » Sun Apr 26, 2015 8:57 am

New Decius wrote:
The United States could find another ally in the German Empire.
[Passes sack of gold under table]

*looks at, and quickly writes letter, and takes the gold, and sails back across the Atlantic*
the French sold us Louisiana, and they fought by us during our revolution....

Soviet Chernarus wrote:Anglo-Dutch Empire*

But...
The Colonies were found by Brits, ruled by Brits, and won independence from the Brits...

true, but we're still technically not Britain

Vicavian Empire
Minister

Founded: Oct 19, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Vicavian Empire » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:35 am

Arvenia wrote:
Arvenia wrote:Full Nation Name: Holy Japanese Empire
Short Nation Name: Japan
National Flag:(Image)
Territory: Japan, Ryukyu Islands, Taiwan, Kuril Islands, Jejo-do and Hainan Island
Official Language(s): Japanese, Taiwanese, Ryukyuan and Chinese
Form of Government: Federal Constitutional Parliamentary Hereditary Theocratic Monarchy
Head of State: Emperor Kokaku
Head of Government: Prime Minister Shinji Kamakura
Capital City: Edo
Population: 24,000,000
Religion: Shintoism, Buddhism, Christianity, Hawaii Religion, Daoism, Confucianism, Satanism and Atheism. Shintoism and Buddhism fights over which one of them is the dominant religion in Japan.
Army: 320,000 troops, mostly Samurais and Tanegashima riflemen. The quality is good.
Navy: 60 ships with 20,000 men. The quality is good.
Economic Strength: Japan had much wealth and is led by two things, agricultural working and industrial system. The economy is still feudal, though, but is leaning towards Capitalism.
Infrastructure: Japan's infrastructure is mostly roads and houses of stone, wood and that of the European houses, but in a Japanese lifestyle. Much of the infrastructure was repaired from the civil wars in Japan in 20 years.
Primary Goals: Become a major great power and stay away from isolation.
History: Same as IRL, except the Tokugawa clan lost the Battle of Sekihagra in 1600, thus Japan was ruled by various warlords, who formed an alliance to control Japan, until the Japanese Revolution, a revolution led by loyalists of the Imperial Japanese Family from 1778 to 1780. In 1780, the Holy Japanese Empire was founded and it's first leader was the 9 years old Emperor Kokaku. The HJE later invaded Ryukyu Islands, Hainan Island, Kuril Islands, Jejo-do and Taiwan from 1780 to 1800. Now, Japan is soon emerging as a great power after years of isolation and civil wars.
RP Example: I am OP of my own RPs (all of them are AH with mechas).

Done!

How can you be industrial, if Japan hadn't been "opened" by Matthew Perry yet? Matthew Perry reached Japan around 1850...

New Decius
Senator

Founded: Jul 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Sun Apr 26, 2015 9:42 am

Vicavian Empire wrote:
Arvenia wrote:Done!

How can you be industrial, if Japan hadn't been "opened" by Matthew Perry yet? Matthew Perry reached Japan around 1850...

Thank you for bringing that up. I'll allow industrial but not to the point of major industrial power. In 1800, most of Japan's economy should still be supported by agriculture. Though from your background Trade would also be a large supporting pillar due to the island territories under Japanese control.
Proud advocate that Europe stands stronger together than divided. The EU may be flawed in some areas but the idea of a united Europa can only bring good fortune to Europe and the world. For more than two thousand years, Europe was home to conflicts inspired by coveting one another's territory and resources, even making the continent the home to some of the world's most destructive and costly conflicts. But the idea was all wrong in their minds. Their idea was to bring this territory or that under their flag and spread influence on the continent. The idea they should all have been thinking was that the goal should be to bring the continent under one unified flag.

IATA Member

Gyrenaica
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 21, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby Gyrenaica » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:27 am

Fuck. I wanted to do some colonial power. But Spain, Portugal, France, Germany, UK, Netherlands all taken. And Italy isn't united yet, correct? Or at least not capable of colonizing.

Benuty
Post Czar

Founded: Jan 21, 2013
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:28 am

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oregon_boundary_dispute

Any way I can reserve since no one seems to have claimed it yet?
Last edited by Hashem 13.8 billion years ago
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Soviet Chernarus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Chernarus » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:30 am

Gyrenaica wrote:Fuck. I wanted to do some colonial power. But Spain, Portugal, France, Germany, UK, Netherlands all taken. And Italy isn't united yet, correct? Or at least not capable of colonizing.

I wouldn't exactly say not capable...and there's the Kingdom of Scotland, which became independent in the Jacobite Rebellion/Scottish war of independence. They probably have some colonies, thought not to the extent of some of the other colonial powers

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:31 am

Gyrenaica wrote:Fuck. I wanted to do some colonial power. But Spain, Portugal, France, Germany, UK, Netherlands all taken. And Italy isn't united yet, correct? Or at least not capable of colonizing.

If I recall Russia isn't on the reserve list or openly applied for yet.
King of Madness in the Right Wing Discussion Thread. Winner of 2016 Posters Award for Insanity. Please be aware my posts in NSG, and P2TM are separate.

Gyrenaica
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Gyrenaica » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:33 am

Benuty wrote:

If I recall Russia isn't on the reserve list or openly applied for yet.

I don't want Russia. Hmm.

Maybe some Muslim caliphate I'll make.
Idk, I'll think of something

Gyrenaica
Postmaster-General

Father Knows Best State

Postby Gyrenaica » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:35 am

Maybe a greater Qing Empire. I'll make map to show what I mean.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:37 am

Gyrenaica wrote:
Benuty wrote:If I recall Russia isn't on the reserve list or openly applied for yet.

I don't want Russia. Hmm.

Maybe some Muslim caliphate I'll make.
Idk, I'll think of something

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-w5QcKd2w6RI/T ... 800_lg.jpg

Here are the "boundaries" compared to modern states.

Obviously they've changed due to the existence of Byzantium still.

Which means the Turks never unified under the house of Osman, and became the Caliphs (of Sunni Islam).
Last edited by Benuty on Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:37 am, edited 2 times in total.

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:39 am

On a note the map needs to be update since it is rather deceptive as to the amount of territory open. Could you somehow put a striped color over the reserved territories also?
Last edited by Benuty on Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The New American commonwealth » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:40 am

Benuty wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oregon_boundary_dispute

By 'Murica....
GLORY TO ARSTOTZKA

"We always live in an uncertain world. What is certain is that the United States will go forward over time." ~ Warren Buffett
Muh Freedom

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:42 am

Benuty wrote:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oregon_boundary_dispute

By 'Murica....

Well the map they posted listed it is as unclaimed so their loss.

On a note it isn't unclaimed in the actual sense of Terra Nullius considering European settlements were there (not to mention the areas under control by Native American civilizations).
Last edited by Benuty on Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The New American commonwealth » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:45 am

Benuty wrote:
The New American commonwealth wrote:(Image)
By 'Murica....

I know...
I was planning on moving on into it within my second post...
*gets Paddle*
You still get a paddlin'.
GLORY TO ARSTOTZKA

Muh Freedom

New Decius
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:46 am

Benuty wrote:On a note the map needs to be update since it is rather deceptive as to the amount of territory open. Could you somehow put a striped color over the reserved territories also?

I am currently unable to update at the moment as I am online via my phone whilst to update the map I need to use my laptop which I currently cannot do.

The map will be updated later today.
Proud advocate that Europe stands stronger together than divided. The EU may be flawed in some areas but the idea of a united Europa can only bring good fortune to Europe and the world. For more than two thousand years, Europe was home to conflicts inspired by coveting one another's territory and resources, even making the continent the home to some of the world's most destructive and costly conflicts. But the idea was all wrong in their minds. Their idea was to bring this territory or that under their flag and spread influence on the continent. The idea they should all have been thinking was that the goal should be to bring the continent under one unified flag.

IATA Member

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:47 am

Benuty wrote:Well the map they posted listed it is as unclaimed so their loss.

I know...
*gets Paddle*

You have bigger problems to worry about, like the potentially big (incredibly big actually) country that could come out of the Viceroyalty of New Spain.

New Decius
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:50 am

Benuty wrote:
The New American commonwealth wrote:(Image)
By 'Murica....

On a note it isn't unclaimed in the actual sense of Terra Nullius considering European settlements were there (not to mention the areas under control by Native American civilizations).

Currently there are two North American nations; The United States of America and Canada. The Greater French Empire controls Louisiana (current day state borders for Louisiana not the territorial bounderies of the era. Makes it more fair.)

IATA Member

New Decius
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:51 am

Benuty wrote:
The New American commonwealth wrote:I know...
*gets Paddle*

You have bigger problems to worry about, like the potentially big (incredibly big actually) country that could come out of the Viceroyalty of New Spain.

A nation for which no application has yet been made.

IATA Member

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:51 am

Soviet Chernarus wrote:
Well....

Anglo-Dutch Empire*

Has less of a ring to it than the United Kingdom of the Netherlands, and Great Britain (obviously unifying England, and Wales).

Soviet Chernarus
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Soviet Chernarus » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:53 am

Benuty wrote:
Soviet Chernarus wrote:Anglo-Dutch Empire*

Has less of a ring to it than the United Kingdom of the Netherlands, and Great Britain (obviously unifying England, and Wales).

You can call it whatever you want...but you do have a point
Last edited by Soviet Chernarus on Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:53 am, edited 2 times in total.

Negotiator

Ex-Nation

Postby The New American commonwealth » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:53 am

Benuty wrote:
The New American commonwealth wrote:I know...
*gets Paddle*

*looks at and drops Paddle. And begins putting on war uniform band getting musket*
Today (or tomorrow) the South's dream of a Southern dominated Union comes true....
*marches into New Spain, followed by 10,000 men*
Last edited by The New American commonwealth on Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
GLORY TO ARSTOTZKA

Muh Freedom

Benuty
Post Czar

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Benuty » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:55 am

New Decius wrote:
Benuty wrote:You have bigger problems to worry about, like the potentially big (incredibly big actually) country that could come out of the Viceroyalty of New Spain.

A nation for which no application has yet been made.

History doesn't need an application for something to be done.

Humalle
Envoy

Founded: Nov 13, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Humalle » Sun Apr 26, 2015 10:57 am

France will defend its hold upon Louisiana to the last breath. The same goes for Martinique and Haiti. So says Emperor Napoleon. Vive Napoleon!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse