NATION

PASSWORD

Sylvan Academy: A New Dawn [IC/Open]

For all of your non-NationStates related roleplaying needs!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Kerzacistan
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 17, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Kerzacistan » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:14 pm

With a smirk and a nod Blake writes her name on the drawing before tucking the pad away. "So what exactly is your 'gift', something interesting no doubt." adding after a thought "You aren't some sort of hypnotist are you? We don't need another George walking around that's for sure."
2 + 2 = 5
I really like cats, they like books, and I like books, which we share.
I'm a bit lot of an Insomniac.
My gender is whatever, I don't really care.

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Apr 01, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:19 pm

Kerzacistan wrote:With a smirk and a nod Blake writes her name on the drawing before tucking the pad away. "So what exactly is your 'gift', something interesting no doubt." adding after a thought "You aren't some sort of hypnotist are you? We don't need another George walking around that's for sure."

"No no, nothing of the sort. Nothing that interesting, really. I just see things rather well. In fact, I see pretty much everything that can be seen. Even some things that can't, but that isn't quite as reliable as I'd like. How about you? What's your astuce - ah, pardon my French. What's your shtick?"

Epitaph was mentally kicking herself for that slip. She was bilingual, of course, but not naturally so (she'd read a few English books, not much more), and although she only had a light accent she still found herself dropping a word or two in French from time to time.
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Please, call me Benomia. Post count +14623, founded Oct. 23, 2012.
Sauritican wrote:We've all been spending too much time with Ben
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.
Spreewerke wrote:Salt the women, rape the earth.
Equestican wrote:Ben is love, Ben is life.
Sediczja wrote:real eyes realize real lies
I'm a poet. Come read my poems!

Kerzacistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kerzacistan » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:34 pm

Smiling at the similarity before replying "Similar to you I can see very well, however I'm not limited at all. I can see anywhere, and I do mean anywhere. Be it sleet or plasma nothing dismays my sight, if you can imagine a distance I can see it, however it gives me killer headaches if I do it for too long." Sitting back and pulling out his Sketch pad again, revealing it to be full of astral configurations of various types, supernovas, pulsars, etc.
2 + 2 = 5

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:38 pm

Epitaph chuckled. "Imagine that. You and I should go skeet shooting some day, to see who really has the better eyes. Do they have skeet shooting at this school?"

She saw Blake's drawings and noted, "You seem a very capable drawer."
Our weary eyes still stray to the horizon...but down this road we've been so many times...
Verdum wrote:Hey girl, is your name Karl Marx? Because your starting an uprising in my lower classes.
Black Hand wrote:New plan is to just make thousands of disposable firearms and dump them out of cargo planes with tiny drag chutes attached.
Spreewerke wrote:The metric system is the only measurement system that truly meters.

Kerzacistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kerzacistan » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:50 pm

Smiling and offering her his pad to look through before replying "That sound like a lot of fun honestly, no guns on campus but there happens to be a range in town. I've got some really big drawings somewhere if you wanted to see any of them. I've got a picture of all the wonders, plenty of the earth itself, and a few of the closest star system that seem to interest people."
2 + 2 = 5

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:53 pm

"You'll have to show me one day. Class should be starting soon, though..."

There still wasn't a teacher in the room, which struck Epitaph as rather odd.

Saleon
Powerbroker

Founded: Mar 12, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Thu Apr 23, 2015 4:57 pm

"ooh, let me see!" he says, clearly trying to break the awkward ice he has somehow created... nope it's still there in most regards. He also questions whether the teacher will ever come back. For now he is taking it as a study period
Sommelier and Sacrificer of Individuals to The Old Gods

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"Rood Dood," said Donner Blitzen
"You guys are the coolest Sadists on the internet," Said Blitzen
"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Kerzacistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kerzacistan » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:00 pm

Looking around the class and quickly walking over to the door and looking either way before returning and commenting "I don't see anyone coming our way either..." shrugging before taking his seat and asking "So how did you find out about your quirk if you don't mind me asking?"
2 + 2 = 5

Nuef Republique de France
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 16, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Nuef Republique de France » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:02 pm

Ve turns around in her seat, looking at the two sight-powers sitting behind her. She sighs exasperatedly and turns to face the front of the room again. Suddenly, she shouts angrily, "That's it, I'm going to find a teacher! I didn't come here to fuck around and waste time." She gets up and walks out of the room, closing the door behind her just a smidge too forcefully.

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:06 pm

Epitaph leaned back in her seat.
"I was skipping stones in a forest near where I live one night, on my sixteenth birthday. I suddenly got a splitting headache, and found that I could trace exactly where each stone had landed. I also found that I could accurately predict where each stone would land when I threw it. That was about two weeks ago. I never made it home."

Epitaph concluded her short story without ever changing the pitch or tone of her voice.

"So what about you, my ami? When did y-"

She suddenly heard the sound of a door slamming. Looking over, she confirmed that the door was, indeed, shut.

Kerzacistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kerzacistan » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:20 pm

With a chuckle Blake responds "My parents are what you would call 'Savants', that is they are geniusus who work in advanced particle physics. I found out when they were describing locations to me that I realized that I had already seen, in my dreams. After a lot of their help I managed to learn to control it when I was awake too, and to good measure as well." adding quickly "I was 10 at the time."
2 + 2 = 5

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:27 pm

"ooh advanced particle physics?" he stated with uncharacteristic intrigue, " what they talk about..." This seemed to be an area he had knowledge of. He looked intently and then deposed small samples from the air into the shape of some of his favorite particles, expecting a demonstration with his popcorn

Reader of The P2TM Times, a biweekly P2TM newspaper on the RPs and happenings of P2TM. Check it out!
✎ Member - ℘ædagog

"A Low key super freak who gives you hickeys that can read into your soul?" -Legato Venari
"Sal, you get a gold star. Please make a note of that, it might maybe possibly eventually kind of matter in some way, shape, or form. Later." -Temp
I'm famous

Kerzacistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kerzacistan » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:43 pm

"You know like CERN and all that jazz, they mainly work on finding the 'God Particle'. In other words its day in day out, trying to get the Higgs Boson to magically appear long enough to study with accuracy. Not to mention all the cool stuff you can do with the LHC when you can physically look at the results with accuracy are amazing." Sitting back and looking about "Any more questions about my life story while I'm ahead?"
2 + 2 = 5

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Thu Apr 23, 2015 5:50 pm

"well," he says dejectedly, "I was expecting a some fun pictures..." (deposition of a chemical requires taking energy away from the object to cool it, as such he takes on unnecessary heat) he pulls out a bottle of water and drinks a good portion of it. "you can keep the diagram," he says despite the fact that he really just gave him a set of spherical pieces of ice.

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

Kerzacistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kerzacistan » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:01 pm

"No thanks, I have plenty of digital models myself, though thanks for the offer." looking at the smart alek and asking "So what's your story freshman? Any escapades you care to mention that sparked your talent?"
Last edited by Kerzacistan on Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2 + 2 = 5

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:06 pm

"well, I mostly spend my time not in school and when in school find ways to mess with people in increasingly playful," he says in a straight face. It's clear he isn't lying.

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

The Moon States
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 02, 2013
Father Knows Best State

Postby The Moon States » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:24 pm

Axton, as for the last seven years at Sylvan, leaned back on his chair balancing it on the last two legs as he half halfheartedly listened to the professor. Not that Axton wouldnt get the subject , did he do this but because he was completely bored out of his wits, as he would be for the first few weeks of classes starting because everybody that was coming to and back to Sylvan needed to get back into the saddle so to speak. Axton paused at that thought, What a bloody old saying. 'Back in the saddle' humm, bet you would need something better. Back in the pub maybe? Axton though trailing off and barely keeping the chair stable as he leaned more and more precariously into his chair,

Kerzacistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Kerzacistan » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:28 pm

Shrugging and turning back to Epitaph "So how are your grades miss Epitaph, up to par I would hope. My house indicates mine, but I do wish to know how you stand. I hope I'm not coming across as prying but I do like to learn things."
2 + 2 = 5

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Thu Apr 23, 2015 6:29 pm

Kerzacistan wrote:Shrugging and turning back to Epitaph "So how are your grades miss Epitaph, up to par I would hope. My house indicates mine, but I do wish to know how you stand. I hope I'm not coming across as prying but I do like to learn things."

"Well as this is my first class ever at Sylvan, and it doesn't appear to be going anywhere any time soon, I can't really comment on that. At my old schools, back at home, I was pretty average really."

Moth-Gar
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 18, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Moth-Gar » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:19 pm

Domingo Vargas
Domingo was looking through the fridge for something to eat, and saw some eggs and bacon. He grabbed both of them and cooked them to his liking, making scrambled eggs with mayonnaise and making the bacon crispy and juicy, the way he likes it. He grabbed some bread too, and started to make a sandwich with the egg and bacon, but there was still some left even after making the sandwich. He looked at the clock and was a bit surprised at the time, and ate faster to make up for being a bit late. He finished his food, got his backpack and gear and jogged to his first subject in the morning.

He was listening to the professor, albeit with little interest, as to not get the ire of the teacher. He rubbed his eyes a bit to stay awake and crossed his arms, while leaning back a bit to stretch and not fall asleep.

Fountain of Pepsi
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 15, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Fountain of Pepsi » Thu Apr 23, 2015 7:34 pm

By about an hour, Angelo found himself getting by in the second row of laws and regulations of magic. He found himself paying less and less attention, as he soon realized it was just a quick review of last year. Wonderful. His mind got back to wondering while the professor talked seemingly more nonsense. The manor's walls certainly didn't remind him of the bleached white he had come from, but they did wear on him. He was among the younger of the group, only really older than the ten-year old Unis sitting up in the front. Damn smart people.

Of course, it was his own fault that he had to be sent here in the first place. If he'd just stop throwing around his powers then, maybe he wouldn't have to go to this decrepit old castle every day. Not that he would say he missed what his old home offered, it was just better than sitting there. Every now and then he jot the occasional thing down and looked at the clock. Or his watch. Or whatever. He was just getting a little irritated just thinking about it. He was almost ready to give up, and he still had 17 years, including this one. The room was getting stuffy. Maybe if he just riled up- Nope. He was not going to abuse his powers for "unnecessary stunts" on the first day of the term. He quickly focused back to the professor. Angelo was already feeling a little bleak. Just a little left to go before I can get the hell out of here.

Akkaga
Senator

Founded: Jun 06, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Akkaga » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:30 pm

A rustling came from the the ceiling as the students talked freely. At first no one noticed it. However when the part of the ceiling disappeared and down fell an old man with a large mustache, everyone seemed to notice. He stood there staring at the now silent students. That is until he moved across the room and grabbed the sleeping kid in the back at lighting quick speed. He then moved yet again and had the kid in the hallway before he even woke up. Turning back to the class his gray eyes shone. "Hello class!! My name is Bismarck. Not the ship of course, but the man. Today we will be reading chapters one and two, and discussing how the Earth was formed today. From the formation of continents, the weather cycle, and the early life will all be thought today. Tomorrow a quiz. Get to work please." He sat down at his desk as everyone began to read. "You may discuss freely amongst yourselves." With that he fell asleep in his chair which was twice as large as him.
You should join Ordis

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Thu Apr 23, 2015 8:40 pm

Aster stood in his seat speechless. For a good minute he didn't move merely processed what had just occurred in his mind. He could not comprehend the magnitude of what had just happened. Could this person even be called real? I guess to match the disturbed students with powers they found teachers of infinitely more disturbing character, an impressive ratio to say the least.

Aster looked through the book which had been found underneath their desks and read through the chapters. It took little time and then he was back to messing around. He also thought what happened to ve? she must still be looking for a teacher. oh will she be shocked when she meets bismarck

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

Bezombia
Postmaster of the Fleet

Ex-Nation

Postby Bezombia » Fri Apr 24, 2015 3:14 am

Epitaph was, of course, no less than stunned by the spectacle that had just played out. Sure this was a magical school and all, but seeing something so incomprehensibly strange, something that was physically impossible a month before, struck a nerve on her. For a whole minute she just sat there staring at the slumbering teacher, as she had no idea how to rationally respond.

She was also particularly struck by his name. Now in any other circumstance it'd be ridiculous to even imply that a nineteenth century German statesman was teaching a history class in England, but after what she just saw nothing was ridiculous. In the off chance that it was the actual Bismarck, alive and walking, she'd have some personal beef, passed down in her family since the 1880s...

For now, though, she just sat there staring.

Saleon
Powerbroker

Ex-Nation

Postby Saleon » Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:41 pm

He then pesters epitaph for fun. "so madamoiselle," he says in an overly playful manner, "what do you think the teacher for next class is going to be?" After asking the questions he stares into her soul waiting for an answer. He might not care for her answer much, but he cared much less for the silence Bismarck instilled in the classroom.
Last edited by Saleon on Sat Apr 25, 2015 12:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

✎ Member - ℘ædagog

I'm famous

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to Portal to the Multiverse